PDA

View Full Version : Spa Treatments

Tetra
10-15-2009, 09:38 AM
Hi,

Its my wifes birthday during our next Disney Trip and I want to treat her to a spa treatment in one of the resort hotels, can I do this if we are staying off site ?

If I can which spa would people recommend?

jharrowell
10-15-2009, 10:21 AM
To my knowledge, as long as you are a paying customer (as in paying for the treatments) it's all good.

As to which one, assuming you're going to the grand gesture then you can't beat the Grand Floridian. :)

Ashleylvsgoofy
10-15-2009, 01:45 PM
Apparently the Spa at Saratoga Springs is supposed to be excellent

Tetra
10-15-2009, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the info, I'll better start making some phone calls!!

dstiles
10-15-2009, 03:49 PM
My wife has been to the spa at Saratoga a couple of times when we've stayed there and she said it was fantastic. A couple of years ago it got voted one of the top 5 spas in America in a readers survey in Condé Nast Traveler magazine.

disneyholic family
10-18-2009, 05:01 PM
i love the grand floridian spa - it's much smaller than the saratoga springs one - which i prefer.

no matter what massage you purchase, you are then entitled to use all of the spa facilities, which includes a jacuzzi and sauna. And since it's in the locker room area, you're in the jacuzzi/sauna only with other women. (i assume the same is true on the men's side - i've never been over there to know).

you can also use the workout room, if you're so inclined - treadmills, weight machines, etc.

i've gotten manicures and pedicures there - they have a separate room for that, with wonderfully comfortable chairs.

DD also has had massages there and enjoyed them very much.

From what i remember, the same company (not disney) runs both spas (at saratoga springs and the grand floridian).