PDA

View Full Version : ~The Daily Grind~ 10/15/09

ddavis860
10-14-2009, 06:52 PM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e147/ddavis860/t_12620988_1.jpg

“Housework done incorrectly still blesses your family.” ~ FlyLady
"You Can Do Anything for 15 Minutes!" ~ FlyLady

This month's Habit is: Paper Clutter
Zone of the week - Zone3 -- The Main Bathroom and The Children's Room (no kids - a room of your choice)

~The Daily Grind~ 10/15/09

It's the Day Before Friday!!! :yay:

I know there will be more stuff on my list...just can't think tonight about it. I didn't sleep well last night and felt like poo all day... just dragged myself around. Don't you hate days like that!!

My List for Today:

Caffeinate http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e147/ddavis860/smiley/smiley_drinkcoffee.gif This repeats every day!!

Work till 3p

Stay on points!

365 pic...

Dinner.... Something Pork...DH got a pork roast the other day

Have a Great Day Everyone!! :teeth:

joyah
10-14-2009, 07:30 PM
Deb totally hate those days. I was up at 4 this am sat down for lunch and woke 2 hours later and I'm already ready for bed.

Lets see
am routine
get self and paper work to school for 9:30 for IEP eval meetings
go though meetings
find out if L is taking the bus or I have to go back and get him
bring in 4 wheel barrel loads of wood
clean off porch
fill potato bucket
empty and reload dishwasher
change over cloths
run 1 more load
make dinner wither golash or meatloaf may make both and be done with cooking for the weekend other than sides
early swim team
dinner
boys showered and off to bed L is going to be wiped out from testing on the heals of the state testing.

Hope you all have a great day.

Lisa
10-14-2009, 09:12 PM
I know there will be more stuff on my list...just can't think tonight about it. I didn't sleep well last night and felt like poo all day... just dragged myself around. Don't you hate days like that

I hope you feel better soon, Deb.
Christy, it's no wonder you get tired, you just were sick and look at the hard work you do on a daily basis. Try to be as much rest as possible and don't over do. I know, easily said than done.

My Thursday to do list:

Throw a load of work clothes in the wash.
Fold clothes in the dryer
Check if new pants purchased at Target fit DD.
Write in DD's communication book
put wood in the woodstove
Caffeinate
Work
Pick up car
Run home for dinner
Attend Emergency Response Team meeting at Town Hall.

rlovew
10-14-2009, 09:46 PM
Good Morning!

Today:
Bible Study- 7am
work at school- 8:30am
work on swaps
laundry
dishes
dinner

Rebecca

StitchIsOurHero
10-15-2009, 04:53 AM
Good morning, everyone!! It's THURSDAY--WOOHOO!! DS got up at 1 am last night crying and didn't want to stop. I think he's teething. . .about time for the 15 month molars and stuff, blech.

Deb--I hope you feel better soon! I know exactly what you mean. . .I hate days like that!!

Here's my list for today:

1. Up
2. Caffeinate
3. Make grocery list
4. DS up
5. DS to mom's
6. Work
7. Fold laundry
8. Wash 2 loads of laundry
9. Call hair place
10. Run to mall for shirt for FIL's party Saturday
11. P365 pic
12. DH--pick up last sets of pics
13. Organize pics
14. Watch DVR'd shows
15. Dinner--leftovers
16. Go to sleep sort of early!!

Everyone have a TERRIFIC Thursday!!

DisneyIsTerrific
10-15-2009, 05:48 AM
It's opening night!!!! The play DS is in at school opens tonight. I'm so excited about getting to see it tonight, and tomorrow night, and Saturday night!!!!!:banana: DS is having such fun even if he is exhausted from all the late night rehearsals and keeping up with homework and school work and then taking the PSAT yesterday. His goal right now is to get through these 3 shows and then sleep all day on Sunday!:lmao:

My day:
Make DH's lunch
DS up and off to school
Clean up kitchen
Work
Go out to dinner with DH
Go to school to see DS's show!!!!!!!!!:banana:

Have a great day everyone!!!

PrincessNancy96
10-15-2009, 06:21 AM
Debbie, I have so had days like that and they really bite!!!
DIT ~ we had PSAT's yesterday too.. DD said they were not as bad as she anticipated... Good luck to DS for opening night!!!
Everyone else, please take time to take care of yourselves...this is the "bug" season and it's hitting all of us early (so it seems).

Today:
up
make bed
make lunches
empty dishwasher
youngest up & morning routine
make bed
get ready have to drive kids to school this AM
ck email/DIS
DD up as she has earlier mtg than DS13
elem kids on bus
DS13 up and moving
take DD to school for mtg.
take DS13 to school to drop off pumpkin project
bring up 365 project book
pick up kdg. kid
journal 365 project
sweep family room/entry/hallway
make older kids' beds
lunch
prep dinner (crazy night)
get camera ready
trade out purses ?
pull/iron DS13's choir outfit for concert tonight
dinner menu x 2 weeks
grocery list (kroger/aldi)
walmart list
dollar tree list
list of errands for Friday (both boys have tmts this weekend and no time)
scrapbook 1 week of 365 project (I'm behind)
elem homework supervisor
DS13 homework supervisor
DS13 showered and ready for concert
dinner
DH to take DS9 to football practice tonightcancelled
drop DS13 off for early rehearsal/sit in car and wait for 40 mins
drop DD of to her jr. leader mtg.cancelled
store for hamb for DD to take for free lab in foods (man this class will cost me an extra $50.00 by the time they are done w/ free labs...good thing her group is very good about splitting the costs of these labs evenly.... if you get the big item this week you get a small item the next week)
feed anyone that hasn't eaten dinner
bedtime routines
collapse

I know there is more but that is all I can think off...

Hope everyone has a great day!!

party of 3
10-15-2009, 06:24 AM
morning ladies!

Deb- i hate days like that. i really do. we had pork roast last night.
Christy-hope you start feeling better. good luck at the meeting. :hug:
Lisa-how's the car? are you loving it?
Rebecca-have fun at school!
Brooke-love to babycakes. teething is no fun!:hug:
Stephanie-YIPPEE for opening night! have fun!

ok it's thursday so lets see......

ds, up, dressed, breakfast, bus
work
prep supper
dep $ into cu
pay a bill
laundry
make beds

so may i vent about work????
i have 2 big things today....
i have a car that i'm supposed to repo today and the mother called and they are just dropping it off to me today! GREAT! what the heck. i hate these days. and i have my state payroll audit! GREAT! not up for that either. i've had a headache for days now that i just can't shake and i have to deal with these 2 extra things today. i really want to hid under the covers. not to mention that it's my mom's birthday this week and i'm trying to deal with that. UGH. i really want to sit and have a pity party for myself. why oh why i life so hard some days??? :sad:
thanks for letting me get that off my chest!

anyone have an interest in a brand new mustang???

PrincessNancy96
10-15-2009, 06:31 AM

had you said something last week before I got our new one! DD's dreams are crushed..
She said you could just send it to her free and clear if you want to just get rid of it... LOL

DisneyIsTerrific
10-15-2009, 06:50 AM
DIT ~ we had PSAT's yesterday too.. DD said they were not as bad as she anticipated... Good luck to DS for opening night!!!

DS said the test was pretty easy.

had you said something last week before I got our new one! DD's dreams are crushed..
She said you could just send it to her free and clear if you want to just get rid of it... LOL

DS wants one too! He'd like his name in the hat too!!!!!:rotfl:

:hug: Holly on getting through the day.:hug:

AlexWyattMommy
10-15-2009, 07:03 AM
Holly, are you giving one away?
DIT, tell your DS to break a leg!
Sorry to hear about the not so feeling wellness going around.
This is going to be a very bad bug year. It is starting early and I think it will make more than one trip around. Stock up on your medicines, soups and oral rehydration fluids.

Been working at school all week and running around for appointments. Saw the female issue doctor yesterday for annual and got a seasonal flu shot on Tuesday and Little Bit got his second H1N1 shot for the vaccine study. He has two more visits, one for vitals and one for a blood draw and then just phone calls after that. Be so glad when I don't have to drive downtown in the mornings. I have no idea how those people don't go crazy with that stop'n'go traffic. Quick let's get to 65 so we can slam on our breaks and crawl at 5 for a mile and then quick go fast again only to stop again. :headache:

So school duty again today.
Take Eldest to get his allergy shot. DH will get Little Bit off the bus, fed and to his last soccer game.
In between see if I can't get some of these clean clothes put away. Where is my laundry fairy?

morgansmom2000
10-15-2009, 07:13 AM
ME ME ME! I want a new Mustang!!! What color is it? OMG, I've always wanted a Mustang, thank you! If it were only that easy...

I've got today off and a list a mile and a half long of errands to do.

:laundy:
Library
Pick up $ for nut sale from friend x 2
Pick up deposit slips for nut sale
Bob's Store? Those $10 off $10 coupons are great - Princess wants a Life is Good Lunch box, it'll be practically free and I can make it a Christmas gift.
Bath & Body Works - freebie and refills for the house smelly thing.
Target - return and shampoo
Lunch?
Sewing
Dinner? No idea, I'll probably pick something up while I'm out this morning.
Enter more orders for nut sale
Decide what we are doing at our next GS meeting on Tuesday.
SURVIVOR!

Hope everyone has a super fantabulous day...It's COLD here. Princess had to wear a hat and gloves with her winter coat!

ZeroToHero
10-15-2009, 07:35 AM
po3 - New car? We could use a new car..... :rotfl:
And :hug: to you to get through the day!

DIT- Tell DS to break a leg! I remember how hectic play season was

Today:
Up
Cake for breakfast (soooo nutritious)
Bundle up
Head into school
Meeting with graduate student
Student Government meeting
Classes
Home
Eat
Babysitting the "Terrible Three" - I always say never again, and then I always feel bad....

joyah
10-15-2009, 07:57 AM
Holly Hugs to you as you get through another 1st. It was 21 years ago I lost my oldest cousin. He's been gone over 1/2 my life! Bill was the joy to this family the 1st born of my generation to me being the last one we always had a special relationship. Hang in there I'd say I'll be on the end of the computer all day but it will be on and off I will have my cell though.
On a happier note I'd LOVE the car please and thank you. My first car was a mustang. totally not practical where i live now for the winter but I'd be happy to have it. and thanks for the well wished I'll be glad when I feel 100% again.

Lisa thank you. I wish that I'd get more done in a day then I might actually get a day OFF!!!

bigbabyblues
10-15-2009, 08:14 AM
I'll take the new car......DH is driving a 14 year old Neon that has seen better days. He can have the minivan, and I'll take the Mustang!

I don't have a huge list for today, thank goodness....

Boys up, dressed, fed, and to school
put away yesterday's laundry (and be thankful it's already folded!)
today's laundry
load dishes
Find my "want to" and scrap awhile
Take a nap
Dinner?
Homework for DS8
Make sure both boys know Bible verses for school tomorrow

Steph

tinkryansmom
10-15-2009, 09:38 AM
Hello all!

Please to be sending free, new Mustang out to CA! It will be perfect. Please can you deliver it and I will take you to Disneyland!!

Thursday....

DDs up, dressed, fed
I have busstop duty so DNiece and DNephew are already here
COFFEE
Switch laundry
Go to horse barn - help do morning chores
Go to look at a horse
Come home
Go to teacher conference
Homework oversight commitee
Rascal Flatts concert!!:woohoo::woohoo:
Sleep.

- enjoy that play!!

bigbabyblues
10-15-2009, 09:52 AM
OMGosh Stephanie, have fun at the concert! I'd love to see R.F....

Steph

joyah
10-15-2009, 11:29 AM
okay went back and editted list with all the stuff I couldn't remember last night that has been done maybe just maybe I can enjoy a day off this weekend. course that means I need to find something to keep the children and husband out of my hair.

Hope you're all getting lots done, I am!!!

party of 3
10-15-2009, 12:52 PM
ok UPDATE on car.....

they did not drop it off as planned. NO KIDDIN'!
now i have to pay the repo guy to go get it. UUUGGGHHHH. why people....why are you stressing me out!

and for the record it is RED. it's a beautiful car. i'd love to keep it. but no thank you on the payment. :scared1: holy cow! i can do w/out that!

i had such a headache earlier today i shut my computer off at work and just went home for an hour and 1/2 and layed down. trying to shut my body off for a little while.
not really working.

ok gotta run. just a drive by post!

PrincessNancy96
10-15-2009, 02:01 PM
Well, how very dishonest of them... why do people do that stuff? I just don't get it...
Sorry you are having to pay the repo guy...but at least he has job security this way... he thanks you! ;)

Hope you feel better soon!

ZeroToHero
10-15-2009, 05:07 PM
Oooo, have fun at the concert! I'd love to be there with you!!!

joyah
10-15-2009, 06:29 PM
Holly
tell them to play nice. although if the repo guy goes than you don't have to deal with them. Good for you for listening to your body and taking that nap, I hope you're feeling a bit better now.

And for the record my mustang was red!

rlovew
10-15-2009, 07:08 PM
Okay- I need some ideas-

I just signed our church team up for relay for life. This year they are doing a state theme and everything in our area and that I know a lot about is already thinking. Anyway I need to think of a state that we can decorate our area up easily and have a good tasting and easy to fix food and then a kids game from.

I have thought about doing Vermont and doing pancakes with maple syrup- I would do the pancakes in strips and then put the syrup in the little takeout containers for salad dressings and such so they could be dippers.

I have also thought about doing a western state and having a game where the kids mine for toys in the dirt- I figure little boys would love it.

Anyway any ideas or knowledge about less known states with ideas would be appreciated.

Rebecca

joyah
10-15-2009, 07:50 PM
so tell me more about what you need to provide for the relay? I know nothing about the relay for life other than an extreame makeover show for breast cancer and they showed them walking on a grass track. I'm all up for helping with Vermont ideas.
And if it's a breast cancer one I'm even more in 5 years ago on the 22nd we lost Tom's mom to breast cancer that returned in her liver.

Lisa
10-15-2009, 08:14 PM
Holly :hug:

The car is fabulous! Picked it up today. Even got to drive it home in the white stuff. Looks like I have to find the ice scrapper soon.

rlovew
10-15-2009, 08:24 PM
Relay for Life raises money and awearness for all kinds of cancer. Our town will have their own relay for life (as opposed to going into a larger city. We will all be down at the park and their is a track. You start at 6pm on a Friday night and go through 11am Saturday. Each team does fundraisers before the event to raise money for their team (or asks people for donations- not asking here just explaining) and then on the event night there is tons of stuff going on each teram has a tent area (to rest between walking) as well as to hold fundraisers for the night- people sell food, have games or activities for people to do, basically anything no one esle is doing.

Anyway this years theme for our area is states so each team has to choose a state and decorate for that state and such- so i was trying to think of a state 9not already choosen) that we could do some fundraiing things with. I thought of Vermont (because I had just been talking to someone about you making syrup) and thought that for the morning pancakes and maple syrup would be great- by then everyone is tired and wants something good to eat. I mentioned it to my husband and he suggested doing Vermont Cheddar Cheeseburgers in the evening.

Anyway we would have to decorate our booth to be Vermontish??? I think of syrup and snow when I think of Vermont.

And it would be good to come up with a game to go along with the theme as well. Something that children up through age 12 would enjoy playing and is easy to set up and run.

You have a team of 8-15 people and they take turns manning the booth and walking all night long.

People from the community come to pariticipate and check out the booths if they are not on a team.

It is a fun community building event that raises money for the American Cancer Society.

Rebecca

ZeroToHero
10-15-2009, 08:31 PM
When I think Vermont, I think maple leaves and Ben & Jerry's ice cream.....

and maple syrup, but you've got that down...

morgansmom2000
10-16-2009, 05:56 AM
I did the relay almost 2 years ago. One of my sisters and I were the only ones left overnight. We laughed soooooo hard it was a really emotional day, but fun too.

Ben & Jerry's, maple sugar candy, cheddar cheese...You know, I live about an hour from the Vermont border and I've NEVER been! Oh, that's it, I was trying to come up with an idea for DH and mine 15th anniversary, we'll go to Vermont next May!

joyah
10-16-2009, 06:09 AM
Yep but it has to be Cabot cheese. Snow for sure, syrup, candy cane hunts at Eric's birthday in Dec is VERY popular with his friends. course you need snow and the small candy canes, we "hide" 300 small ones and then 48 large ones (very easy to find). the small ones have very little red so it makes them hard to find.

Of course Mud goes along with sugaring but it can't be the red southern mud has to be brown icky soupy mud.

Apples is another big one for us for fall.

Let me know what else I can help with I'm still thinking and have the husband thinking too.

PrincessNancy96
10-16-2009, 06:14 AM
You could do Indiana..

Race theme.. We have lots of races.. Indy car, Nascar, Formula One, Drag Races etc.
You could serve corn, corn bread, etc... Corn is a big source of income for our farmers...
Limestone quarries are big, we have coal mines...
You could have the kids play corn hole, race cars...

Orville Redenbacker (POPCORN) is from Indiana.... You could play "There is more than corn in Indiana" by Jim Neighbors...
You could highlight famous people from Indiana.... (ME! LOL)

That is a very cool idea... I'll have to ask DD what their theme is this year!

rlovew
10-16-2009, 07:18 AM
I can't do Indiana it is already taken, along with Fl, PA, CA, HO, NC, SC, GA PA, TX, and a bunch of others- I could do the less well known midwestern states or a couple of the New England states.

Rebecca

AlexWyattMommy
10-16-2009, 10:08 AM
HO, is that OHio or Hawaii?

rlovew
10-16-2009, 10:31 AM
HO, is that OHio or Hawaii?

It was supposed to be Hi for Hawaii but Ohio is also taken.

Rebecca

AlexWyattMommy
10-16-2009, 10:42 AM
What about Kentucky?

Horses, Derby, bugaboo, sweet tea, coal (for decorating not eating-but you could use licorice piece to eat), biscuit and gravy. I could find other things if you are interested.

morgansmom2000
10-16-2009, 11:11 AM
Massachusetts! Boston Tea Party and Lobster!

ZeroToHero
10-16-2009, 11:53 AM
Massachusetts! Boston Tea Party and Lobster!

Freedom Trail, Lexington & Concord, Charles River ("(Love That) Dirty Water"), MBTA ("Charlie on the MTA" - it was called that before the "B" was added), uhm.... I'm sure there's more that I can't think of?

...Riots? :rotfl: Maybe not.

morgansmom2000
10-16-2009, 02:40 PM
Casey at the Bat ;)

Lisa
10-16-2009, 07:11 PM
...You know, I live about an hour from the Vermont border and I've NEVER been! Oh, that's it, I was trying to come up with an idea for DH and mine 15th anniversary, we'll go to Vermont next May!

I can not believe you have never been to VT living so close to the border.:eek:

Yep but it has to be Cabot cheese.

Is there any other kind? :confused3:scared1: I don't think so!:woohoo: