PDA

View Full Version : WDW needs your town!

Cyrano
10-13-2009, 02:45 PM
http://www.waltdisneyworldtwinnedtown.co.uk/

Show us why your town should be twinned with Walt Disney World and you could win all of this:

A family trip for four to Walt Disney World Resort in Florida
A Disney-themed party for your town plus 4 tickets for you and your friends
Bragging rights!

Let the competition begin :thumbsup2

disney_princess_85
10-13-2009, 06:17 PM
This looks really interesting, thanks for posting! It would be great if someone on here won. :) Have you entered Reid? I think I might.

natalielongstaff
10-14-2009, 01:15 AM
:rotfl2: i would be embarressed to enter Hinckley in !!

JohnnySharp2
10-14-2009, 01:54 AM
Well I live a few miles away from Blackpool but trying to find a real comparison is difficult, Pleasure Beach and Magic Kingdom, hmm there are similarities in there somewhere.

If they sold 'kiss me quick' hats at WDW then I would be half way there. :)

cantwait!!!!!!!!!!!!
10-14-2009, 03:43 AM
:rotfl2: i would be embarressed to enter Hinckley in !!

Im really close to you ! Live in Enderby !

wifey
10-14-2009, 05:06 AM
:rolleyes1I really can't compare:mad: them our town is mainly filthy and disgusting the pavements are black with dirt permanently and covered in vomit from binge drinkers. Litter and dog (and sometimes human) waste everywhere YUCK.The paths where we are are still covered in weeds sometimes over a foot high and the back streets are even worse.
Only the west end of town is even presentable ... so not at all a good place to live in and not at all like WDW, and get this our council wants to launch the town as an international place of interest it's laughable that they are so out of touch and they have pretty much destroyed all of our town heritage and culture plus we are now seeing streets occupied by so many immigrant families they out number the rest of us in some streets 4:1. Whenever I walk through the town centre I hear so many foreign voices before coming across an english one it's scary.There are more African languages than Eastern European ones at the moment how do they find there way here??!! We hated coming back to this awful town and it's depressing completely the opposite of WDW our "happy place" long gone are the traditional shops and values I'm afraid to say and customer service is almost non-existant here.

Cyrano
10-14-2009, 12:51 PM
plus we are now seeing streets occupied by so many immigrant families they out number the rest of us in some streets 4:1. Whenever I walk through the town centre I hear so many foreign voices before coming across an english one it's scary.There are more African languages than Eastern European ones at the moment how do they find there way here??!! We hated coming back to this awful town and it's depressing completely the opposite of WDW our "happy place" long gone are the traditional shops and values I'm afraid to say and customer service is almost non-existant here.

Don't know why this makes you town awful :confused3 You must love the multi-cultural and ethnic diversity of WDW ;)

wifey
10-15-2009, 01:38 AM
Cyrano.... yes we do love the diversity in WDW but there seems to be big pockets of people here who are not contributing to anything really just lurking on the streets watching the rest of us go about our daily lives. At least in WDW they are making a difference and providing a service or two. I guess they feel happier in their own groups chatting in their native tongue but it's very unsettling when previous encounters of groups like these have been pick-pocketing and shoplifting and following women through the streets sometimes asking them to have their children. Despite them being asked to leave the town centre they just keep hanging around especially near banks and building societies and phone boxes which is odd when the all have expensive mobile phones in their hands. I don't know if they can apply for jobs here but volunteer work would give them something to do and somewhere to go but I guess that's probably out of the question too if the authorities can't work out who they are or why they are here.
My main gripe really is with the way the council has run down all the services so only things that need desperate attention get looked into and the rest is ignored and they have the nerve to keep saying the town is great. Too many managers spending money on pointless stuff like flower beds in certain parts of town instead of fixing roads and footpaths and it's took them a long time to get the recycling scheme running smoothly which they said would reduce our council tax charges but we have yet to see even stay the same from one year to the next. Street sweepers are a rare sight and even when they do use them at all they just seem to miss most of the rubbish they should be sweeping up. I guess we have a bad case of the Disney blues here at our house I'm sorry for ranting on....pardon me.

madmumof2
10-15-2009, 04:44 PM
Me too! I was in Leicester, then moved to Rutland. I went to school in Market Bosworth lol

Ware Bears
10-16-2009, 01:58 AM
Ooh, I'm lucky and live in a lovely town. Off to get the camera out ........ ;)