PDA

View Full Version : Getting from POP to the WDW Dolphin

VailaTigger
10-12-2009, 07:40 AM
Is it possible to walk from POP to the WDW Dolphin?

We intend to use ME from the airport to POP when we arrive, then pick our hire car up the morning after, from the Dolphin.

Just wondering the best way to get from POP to the Dolphin, having looked on Google Earth, I'm still not sure if it's possible to walk, even though I think it's close enough...

disney_princess_85
10-12-2009, 08:00 AM
It's not close enough to walk. Get a taxi. :)

orangetiggs
10-12-2009, 08:01 AM
yes i wouldnt walk either, you can get a bus to one of the parks or dtd and then get a swan bus to the swan or if its after 11am you can get to epcot and walk to the swan through the international gateway

Daggett
10-12-2009, 08:11 AM
Take the bus from POP to DTD, then you can hop on the Dolphin bus from there.

binkytell
10-12-2009, 08:17 AM
bus to hollywood studios then boat/walk to dolphin

Daggett
10-12-2009, 08:21 AM
bus to hollywood studios then boat/walk to dolphin

Binkytell route is much better. Go with the that route. The DTD stop can get quite crowed, and one should never pass up the opportunity to take a boat ride!

ford family
10-12-2009, 09:07 AM
yes i wouldnt walk either, you can get a bus to one of the parks or dtd and then get a swan bus to the swan or if its after 11am you can get to epcot and walk to the swan through the international gateway

The International Gateway opens at the same time as Epcot with just a CM preventing you going over the bridge into France before 11am.

ford family

paulh
10-12-2009, 12:51 PM
would get a taxi as it will cost less than $10.But next time think about collecting from CCC (car care centre)as you get free transportation to and from hotel
Paul

team harris
10-12-2009, 02:10 PM
Definitely not walkable.

:idea:Can you change your car hire pick up to Disney's Car Care Centre? As said before, they will pick you up free from any Disney hotel and then when you drop off your car, they will take you to ant Disney hotel or park free:lovestruc

VailaTigger
10-12-2009, 02:32 PM
Thanks for all the advice guys, much appreciated.

I'll ask about the car care center, not sure as it's a Virgin organised hire car, and they said their nearest desk was the Dolphin.

Taxi, or buses, or bus n boat could be a plan, as our plan for that day is exploring anyway.

Thank you!