PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding EMH

T16GEM
10-11-2009, 04:57 AM
Now that the park hours for January have been released I can start to sort out where we will go each day, but I was wondering as we are staying off site we cannot use EMH, but would you avoid the parks that have EMH on certain days? Do you think that the parks are automatically busier because they have the extra hours?

:confused3

Elise79
10-11-2009, 05:08 AM
AM EMH tend to make the parks busier all day however PM EMH didn't have a noticable effect on morning attendance but it picked up more in the afternoon.

We stayed onsite and didn't make any effort to avoid or hit the EMH this trip and didn't find the crowds too bad either way.

TBH I think off peak it is a little bit less important. Peak times I would avoid at all costs!

loobylou44
10-11-2009, 06:45 AM
Last time we went to WDW we went to Magic Kingdom on a morning EMH - never again, it was quite depressing watching all these people streaming in while we waited to be allowed in, and virtually all the fast passes had gone and it was heaving everywhere. Fortunately we had already done Magic Kingdom on a non EMH day, this was just a last visit before we came home. So I would definitely avoid morning EMH, don't know about evening EMH.

wideeyes
10-13-2009, 10:14 AM
I would avoid them, I avoid them even when staying onsite.

natalielongstaff
10-13-2009, 11:32 AM
I would avoid them, I avoid them even when staying onsite.

so do we :thumbsup2

wicket2005
10-13-2009, 11:34 AM
Personally I have never thought of them as being a perk because the park is busier and ride times are very long. The general advice is to hit the Disney park that had the EMH the day before the next day.

I have accidentally hit MK on EMH nights and it was an absolute nightmare, the lines were huge far worse than on a normal peak day (we usually go in July). Out of season may be better and usually early morning openings from what I have read often see very quiet parks. I think some people don't like to get up early or have breakfast planned to hit the early morning hours.

We don't stay onsite and even in the peak time of July manage to do everything we want by getting to the chosen park early.

To the US the extra hours are seen as a perk because a lot of them just buy one ticket one park so want to make the most of their money and the park. Or buy tickets with no hopping allowed so it makes sense for them to try to get the most out of a park. We have the Ultimate tickets which allow many flexibility and often at a cheaper price.

disney_princess_85
10-13-2009, 11:39 AM
I have never found a significant difference in crowd levels on EMH days compared to non-EMH days. If anything, they have worked very well for us- short wait times; near-empty parks when it gets very late (:cloud9:). This was the same in both months I have visited WDW, May and September. As you are visiting in January, I would expect a similar experience as it's low season.

Edited to add: I don't know about morning EMH, this may be a whole different story to evening EMH!

wicket2005
10-13-2009, 11:45 AM
One of the lads I communicate with on Twitter, lives in Orlando and frequents all the parks regularly. I asked him previously, when were the parks the quietest and he said January. So I would imagine as disney_princess has just said January isn't going to be an extremely busy time.

T16GEM
10-13-2009, 02:24 PM
One of the lads I communicate with on Twitter, lives in Orlando and frequents all the parks regularly. I asked him previously, when were the parks the quietest and he said January. So I would imagine as disney_princess has just said January isn't going to be an extremely busy time.

:dance3::dance3:
This is why we love January! I must admit that we have left it until the 4th Jan to go this year, previously we flew on Christmas Day and last year on 30th Dec, we are hoping that most of the vacationers will have gone home by the time we get there and that the EMH won't affect us too much!

Thanks for your help everyone!