10-10-2009, 03:55 AM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e147/ddavis860/t_12620988_1.jpg

“Housework done incorrectly still blesses your family.” ~ FlyLady
"You Can Do Anything for 15 Minutes!" ~ FlyLady

This month's Habit is: Paper Clutter
Zone of the week - Zone 2 -- The Kitchen

~The Daily Grind~ 10/10/09

It's SATURDAY!!! :banana: I'm working this weekend :(

But it's HOMECOMING WEEKEND!! DS17's football team won the game! DS was on the float with the rest of the court at 1/2 time. He didn't win king, but he was the guy getting all the hugs from the girls, so I think he was OK about it. :lmao: He said wearing the silly crown would have been amazing, but he was OK about losing :love: When they announced his name, he got the biggest cheers too, so :confused3

Tonight is the dance, and his little date will be coming over early for DS21's way too cute DGF to do her hair and makeup...then Chinese for dinner and off they go...

My List for Today:

Caffeinate http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e147/ddavis860/smiley/smiley_drinkcoffee.gif This repeats every day!!

Work till 3p...

Stay on points!

365 pic... something homecoming related again

Dinner.... CHINESE!!!

Have a Day Everyone!! :teeth:

rlovew
10-10-2009, 06:36 AM
Congrats to DS17 for the big cheers!
I know many of you are cropping together today- have a great time.

Today:
try to finalize questions for SS questionaire (so we can start next week)
work on address cards (print/cut) for tomorrow's service
finish last (5th) PP presentation for tomorrow
bullitens for tomorrow
evening church service
finish lyric swap
work day at church (don't know yet if I am going- depends on what I need to do here)

Rebecca

joyah
10-10-2009, 06:37 AM
My list for today:
sweep kitchen and living room
find something for dinner
mop kitchen
vac rugs
get boys to clean thier rooms
nap,nap,nap

I'm feeling almost human today, i've decided I'm not a nice sick person very grumpy!

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Mom's on her way to maine, uncle is in rehab for a bit. thank you for all your prayers they do work wonders. Hopefully it will be a week and he'll be home.

Deb congrats to son for making the court at least the cheers showed him he should have been king.

PrincessNancy96
10-10-2009, 11:35 AM
Slept in today..
DH took DD to Youth Congress it goes all day! :0 She was excited!!!
Football team won for SENIOR night.. :) Yeah!! Lots of tears per DD!!!

Leaving in an hour for soccer/football games for the little boys....
DsS18 is at soccer sectionals for the HS... they were in a shoot out when we last spoke to him...meaning they were tied 0 to 0 thru 2 overtimes! Best of 5 shots wins! (cross fingers).
DsS15 is at football practice until the time which coach determines practice is over... yup, you sit around and wait for player to call.. good thing he can hoof it to our house since we are busy...

OOOH!!! DH and I were given a car last night by Grandpa!!! :) Yeah! Woo HOo!!
DH and I are trying to decide who gets to drive it.. me or him! LOL
DD knows nothing about it!!! She won't know til we pick it up! So, don't anyone tell her!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!
Congrats to Debbie's DS! Hope he has a great time tonight!!!!

ddavis860
10-10-2009, 05:16 PM
:woohoo: A CAR!!! How cool!!!!

Lisa
10-10-2009, 09:05 PM
Deb, glad to hear your son had a good time. Bummer on not being selected but he seemed to have a great attitude about it. No wonder he got the hugs!

Joyah, you should lay low and rest.

I had a wonderful to do list. I even got a gorgeous, gorgeous cake. Thanks, Holly :hug:

party of 3
10-11-2009, 07:19 AM
you are welcome Lisa. And it was not Jennifer's fault it was smooshed! It was still good!

Deb-congrats to you son! Did you get some great pics? He will always be your king!

Nan- a car! good for you guys.

Christy-hope you are feeling better today.

Rebecca-did you finish SS ?'s ?

i had a fun filled day. thanks again Lisa.
:goodvibes

joyah
10-11-2009, 08:49 AM
Holly
Thanks. I am feeling better. head still spins every once and a while. boys slept late they went coonhunting with dad and some other guys last night and got home abt midnight. Considering they lost 2 dogs I'm glad Bay couldn't go. this was a club event and since she's not papered they couldn't drop her. they'd planned to do a non club hunt at 10 but never got there cause of the missing dogs (they'd found Pepper but since it's over an hour away from home Tom left). All I said was don't loose my kids or dog.

Glad to hear you all had a great time scrappin. I managed to start cleaning the scrap corner and got some of the papers packed. Still have time to pull it all together since it's not till the 24th.

bigbabyblues
10-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Debbie - your DS sounds like a great guy! Bummer that he didn't get the crown, though.
Joyah - so glad you're feeling better! Isn't it amazing, when you're well, you don't think much about it, but when you're sick, you definitely realize what you're missing.
Nancy - cheers for the Senior Night win! Enjoy the car too, I hope you get to drive it sometimes!

Weekend's almost over, and it wasn't a great one here. I tried and failed to quit my job on Friday, for the second time. Now I'm getting a week off to "think about it".....there is no thinking left to do, and I don't look to change my mind. I played in the alumni band for my former high school's Homecoming game on Friday night, and we had a ball! It poured the rain before the game while they were crowning the poor queen, I felt so sorry for those girls! It quit in time for the game, and started up again as we were leaving. We were supposed to go to cub scout camp after the game, but I wasn't going with the rain, so we went down Saturday morning. All was well until DS got hurt right before campfire and we ended up in the ER. He ran into a rope that was holding up someone's tarp with his chin and fell backwards, landing on a huge tree root with his low back and his head. Thankfully, he's badly bruised but no major injuries; I was afraid of an injury to kis kidney or something, as hard as he fell. We got home about 11:30 last night, and I'm still worn out.

Today's short list:
Loads and loads of laundry (it was really muddy at camp yesterday from all the rain)
DH back to camp to collect our tent and things

Steph

Lisa
10-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Stephanie, I hope your son is feeling better now.

Joyah, how sad one of the dogs is still missing. I hope they find him.

joyah
10-12-2009, 05:57 AM
I would assume that they found him within a couple of hours. In all the years Tom's hunted they never left the woods till all dogs were found, and it was very rare that they weren't with in a few hours. That's my fear with Bay she's not trained in coming all that well. Our other dog he could beller and she'd actually come off tree which was great if they'd tree'd up in ledges or some other unreachable place for him. Many guys had to get up in those spots to get their dogs.
These dogs are members of the family just like a normal house dog so there is noway that they would be left. They also decided she's a cross between an english coonhound and a blueick was the majority 1 guy though chocolate lab and bluetick which might explain why she LOVES water.

party of 3
10-12-2009, 07:18 AM
Steph- how's your son feeling today. poor little thing. big hugs to him.

Christy-see there you go again with all the fun talk! i love to hear the next story!!!

bigbabyblues
10-12-2009, 07:47 AM
Thanks for asking Holly.....he's doing much better today. He has a nasty scratch on his chin, but he says his back doesn't really hurt now, just a tiny bit. (He's 8, lol). He went to school today and wants to play in his soccer game tomorrow night, so I'm guessing he's ok.

Steph