PDA

View Full Version : My Make-A-Wish Trip!

thatkid
10-08-2009, 04:09 PM
Hi!
I'm Alyssa. :eeyore: I'm 18 years old & i'm going on my Make-A-Wish trip to DisneyWorld from December 2nd-9th.
Joining me will be my Mom ::MinnieMo, Dad ::MickeyMo, Brothers Sean (14) :goofy: and Derek (14) :simba:
I'm super excited! The main focus of my wish is Animal Kingdom & SeaWorld, because i love animals!
I have been sick since I was 14 years old. I have a rare blood/liver disease called porphyria (HCP). I have to be completely covered when i'm around the sun & flourescent lights (all UV rays.) I have peripheral neuropathy & gastroparesis, a completely paralyzed digestive system, and have to be fed through a tube. (GJ tube)
I have spent more than 150 days in-patient in the hospital over the past 3 years, with more in the future.
I'm in charge of planning my trip, so i'll need some help!
Any tips on travelling with a feeding tube would be excellent! I'm hooked up to the pump (its a portable one, in a small backpack) for 19 hours/day.
thanks for reading! :goodvibes

Matt1026
10-08-2009, 07:11 PM
You are at the perfect place to get help in your planning. Everyone here is such a huge help in planning. I learned alot from everyone on how to best plan for our trip. You will have a blast.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

yinyanggirls
10-08-2009, 10:50 PM
Hi!
I'm Alyssa. I'm 18 years old & i'm going on my Make-A-Wish trip to DisneyWorld from December 2nd-9th.

The main focus of my wish is Animal Kingdom & SeaWorld, because i love animals!

thanks for reading! :goodvibes

Hi Alyssa! It sounds like you definitely need this trip. :hug: I think special things like Make-a-Wish help me to be okay with the little things in life that my daughter has to miss. I look forward to reading about your plans over the next couple months!

pipersmom
10-09-2009, 05:11 AM
Hi Alyssa :) So cool that you're going to be there to see all the holiday decorations and stuff!! I'm sure everyone will be more than willing to help however we can ...

MickeyisBeast
10-09-2009, 06:58 AM
Hi Alyssa! Sounds like you deserve this trip! That's awesome you get to see Disney all Christmas-afied!

Sandy321
10-09-2009, 07:58 AM
:wave: Princess Alyssa!

:welcome:

Do be sure to tell us if we overwhelm you!! I know I can be a little over the top in planning! You are going at a wonderful time of year! Make sure you plan to go to Hollywood Studios in the evening to see the Osborne Lights - they are beautiful - dont forget you can youtube the attractions, and lights, and parades, and WISHES too - that way you can get a feel for what is there!!

How is your stamina? Will you need an ECV to help you get around the parks?

Are you going to stay at Give Kids the World?

Do you need to make Dining Reservations?

Do you need maps? My favorite poster is Robo and he has uploaded some easy maps to a website called Stitch Kingdom - he tells by color lines how to get to Toy Story Mania, or how to get to Boardwalk or Beach Club from Epcot...http://www.stitchkingdom.com/maps/ use the drop down menu to pick a park and a map!

Am I asking too many questions??

kdzbear
10-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Alyssa,

I am glad you started a new pre-trip report and that you have actual dates now! You will get to see all of the Christmas decorations which will be so exciting. I can't wait to hear your plans as they come along! Welcome back! :wizard:

thatkid
10-11-2009, 06:17 PM
:wave: Princess Alyssa!

:welcome:

Do be sure to tell us if we overwhelm you!! I know I can be a little over the top in planning! You are going at a wonderful time of year! Make sure you plan to go to Hollywood Studios in the evening to see the Osborne Lights - they are beautiful - dont forget you can youtube the attractions, and lights, and parades, and WISHES too - that way you can get a feel for what is there!!

How is your stamina? Will you need an ECV to help you get around the parks?

Are you going to stay at Give Kids the World?

Do you need to make Dining Reservations?

Do you need maps? My favorite poster is Robo and he has uploaded some easy maps to a website called Stitch Kingdom - he tells by color lines how to get to Toy Story Mania, or how to get to Boardwalk or Beach Club from Epcot...http://www.stitchkingdom.com/maps/ use the drop down menu to pick a park and a map!

Am I asking too many questions??

I am able to walk on my own, but with lots of rests haha.
We are staying at GKTW! and we're making a ressie for crystal palace, i'm fed through a tube but want my picture with pooh and tigger :lovestruc
I actually printed maps off the disney site, with little markers of the places i need to see haha.

Uuaww
10-22-2009, 03:36 PM
Enjoy your trip! DW is an awesome place.

2specialkids
10-23-2009, 09:24 PM
Welcome Alyssa! :wave2: You're going at a wonderful time! I would love to be there during the Christmas holiday season...it's beautiful and there is so much to see. This is the perfect place to get all the ideas you could ever want or need to make this the perfect trip and you sound like you deserve this trip very much. Take care of yourself and stay well and plan all the wonderful things you want to see and do...we're all here to help so just give us a shout when you want some input. :thumbsup2

yinyanggirls
11-11-2009, 09:36 PM
I'm impressed with your plans! Can't wait to hear how the trip goes!

2specialkids
11-14-2009, 03:20 PM
I am able to walk on my own, but with lots of rests haha.
We are staying at GKTW! and we're making a ressie for crystal palace, i'm fed through a tube but want my picture with pooh and tigger :lovestruc
I actually printed maps off the disney site, with little markers of the places i need to see haha.

You're gonna LOVE, LOVE, LOVE GKTW!! Plan a few evenings there too. They have a party every night. My kids are younger & loved Christmas and Pirates & Princesses. We weren't there for Candy Land since we had to fly out before it started. I hear it's really neat. Be sure to look at the guide they give you when you arrive-it will help you plan when you really want to be at GKTW and if there are parties you feel like you can miss for late nights at the parks.
We did ressies for DS at Play-N-Dine at Hollywood & Vine since he's in love with JoJo & Goliath. He's tube fed also so we just made sure they knew he wouldn't be eating so we didn't get charged for him. They were fine with it.
We had a good idea of what we "had" to do since I've been there many times and took the kids about 4 years ago for their first visit. We still ended up going over the maps after we got there the night night before each park to finalize what "had to be done" and what we really wanted to do but wouldn't be broken hearted if we missed.

thatkid
11-14-2009, 10:25 PM
here's my list of must see's & do's for Disneyworld!
The reds are the things i really want to do, and the greens are the ones i'd like to do depending on time.
for those that have been there, do you think the reds are do-able, or is it too much? I was thinking of adding an extra color for things i really, really, really NEED to do, haha. should I? the only thing we're doing at GKTW (that we know of, so far) is the christmas party and disney character meets, and i have a princess lunch reservation on the 3rd at MK. And we're only doing a half-day at universal. (that we know of, i haven't looked at anything thats there yet)

Magic Kingdom
Jungle cruise
Monsters inc. laugh floor
Toontown hall of fame
Wishes

Epcot
Epcot character spot
Honey, I shrunk the audience
Soarin’
Pick a pearl
Test track
The seas with nemo and friends
Journey into narnia

Animal Kingdom
Tree of life
Kilimanjaro safaris
Camp Minnie mickey greeting trails
Discovery island trails

Hollywood studios
Muppet vision 3D
Sounds dangerous
Toy story mania

I'll be working on my universal list tomorrow. I can't believe there's less than 3weeks to go!

yinyanggirls
11-15-2009, 02:38 AM
Pick a pearl...you put that under Epcot? Is that where you do that? I thought it was at Sea World. Or am I thinking of something entirely different?:confused3

thatkid
11-15-2009, 05:52 AM
Its in the Japan pavilion at Epcot! You pick a clam?? shell and theres a pearl inside, and you can get it put in rings and stuff.
this is the thread i found out about it at: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1520941

whats the one at seaworld?

pipersmom
11-15-2009, 06:46 AM
here's my list of must see's & do's for Disneyworld!
The reds are the things i really want to do, and the greens are the ones i'd like to do depending on time.
for those that have been there, do you think the reds are do-able, or is it too much? I was thinking of adding an extra color for things i really, really, really NEED to do, haha. should I? the only thing we're doing at GKTW (that we know of, so far) is the christmas party and disney character meets, and i have a princess lunch reservation on the 3rd at MK. And we're only doing a half-day at universal. (that we know of, i haven't looked at anything thats there yet)

Magic Kingdom
Jungle cruise
Toontown hall of fame
Wishes

Epcot
Epcot character spot
Soarin’
Pick a pearl
Test track
Journey into narnia

Animal Kingdom
Tree of life
Kilimanjaro safaris
Discovery island trails

Hollywood studios
Muppet vision 3D
Sounds dangerous
Toy story mania

I'll be working on my universal list tomorrow. I can't believe there's less than 3weeks to go!

That doesn't look like too much at all, especially with your "magic" pass :) You'll prob be able to fit more in if you want to.

thatkid
11-16-2009, 06:59 PM
awesome! We originally planned on going and just sight-seeing, but i've found so many things that i actually want to do. :rotfl:

These are my must do's & see's for universal & sea world, and the shops i want to go to in downtown disney. I actually found another pick a pearl place in DTD, that's supposed to have better things to put the pearl in. The one at sea world looks really cool too, it is the same thing as the other ones.
Reds are must do's, greens are do if we have time.

Sea World
Dolphin Cove
Dolphin Nursery
Wild Arctic
Believe Show

Shamu: Close up
Shark Encounter
Penguin Encounter
Turtle point

Universal Studios
Shrek 4D
Horror make-up show
Seuss Landing (this looks so cute, i just want to see it haha)

Downtown Disney
Image Capture
Pooh Corner
World of Disney

I started my sea world list, and listed everything haha. I had to pick my favorites, which was super hard, but i absolutely have to see as many dolphins as possible. :love:

pipersmom
11-16-2009, 08:47 PM
It sounds like you're going to have a great time. If you go to e-bay, they have a very cool carriage cage (search for carriage cage) for pearls for ultra cheap (under $10) and you prob have time to order & get it before you leave if you explain the situation. My understanding is that the settings at the actual pearl stands can be pretty pricey :)

thatkid
11-17-2009, 09:49 AM
thanks for that info! i'll have to look into it, i hate spending money on jewelry hah.

I guess I should tell whoevers reading this a bit more about who's coming. :thumbsup2 My older brother can no longer come because life got in the way, but i'm sure we'll have a super time anyways :cool1: I'm not posting pictures here, but there are some on my caringbridge site: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/alyssafitz

Besides me, there's my mom. She's a total disney lover, she loves all cartoons, actually- especially spongebob. Her favorite disney character is Goofy! My mom is totally laidback and awesome! :lovestruc

Then there's my dad. I asked him who his favorite character is, and he said shrek :confused3 guess he doesn't know much about his cartoons haha. He's pretty much just along for the ride.

And I have 2 younger brothers, they're 14. (identical twins)
They are completely different! Sean, is pretty much just like my dad- doesn't care much for disney but is still incredibly excited to go!
and Derek loves everything. He's really easy-going like my mom and I, and we all love cartoons, disney, any thing child-like :woohoo: His favorite movie is the Lion King.

My favorite disney character is Baloo from the Jungle Book. I love the jungle book! My main goal is to give Baloo a hug :rotfl: I also love Tigger!

I think that's all! :wizard:

2specialkids
11-17-2009, 11:57 AM
It's too bad your brother can't come but you sound like you're going to have a BLAST! It's only 2 weeks away :cool1: ...let the excitement build...it makes the trip even more fun. :goodvibes

kdzbear
11-17-2009, 01:07 PM
Your trip is getting so close! I enjoyed the family insights and update! :woohoo:

livndisney
11-17-2009, 03:23 PM
awesome! We originally planned on going and just sight-seeing, but i've found so many things that i actually want to do. :rotfl:

These are my must do's & see's for universal & sea world, and the shops i want to go to in downtown disney. I actually found another pick a pearl place in DTD, that's supposed to have better things to put the pearl in. The one at sea world looks really cool too, it is the same thing as the other ones.
Reds are must do's, greens are do if we have time.

Sea World
Dolphin Cove
Dolphin Nursery
Wild Arctic
Believe Show

Shamu: Close up
Shark Encounter
Penguin Encounter
Turtle point

Universal Studios
Shrek 4D
Horror make-up show
Seuss Landing (this looks so cute, i just want to see it haha)

Downtown Disney
Image Capture
Pooh Corner
World of Disney

I started my sea world list, and listed everything haha. I had to pick my favorites, which was super hard, but i absolutely have to see as many dolphins as possible. :love:

Just wanted to let you know, you are coming to Florida at a great time!!!!
Wild Artic at Sea World is ready for the Holidays. It is now Polar Express (don't worry, the animals are still there,), so is Santa and the elves and the Polar Lights. You may also want to see the Dolphin show and the last sea Lion show of the evening. It is a funny parody of all the Sea World Shows.

Grinchmas Starts at Island of Adventure on the 5th with a musical show. (You can find it on youtube). And all of the Suessland is decorated.

chrissid7
11-19-2009, 12:33 AM
Hi Alyssa (I have to say its a beautiful name by the way)

I hope you have an amazing time on your trip... 2 WEEKS :dance3:

You deserve this and I think you will have a blast. I have a daughter that will be 18 on May 2nd and I think she is trying to get another disney trip planned for her and her cousin who will be 18 on the 6th... WOW 3 18 year olds in 1 week lol Disney would have its hands full if that worked out huh??

I think its awesom that you are planning this so well!

Keep us posted and I cant wait to hear how it goes popcorn::

We will be getting there as you are leaving :sad2:

Momofwishkid
11-19-2009, 12:57 AM
Just found your PTR and wanted to say Hi. Sorry your brother isnt going to be able to join you but it definetley sounds like your going to have a Blast!! 2 weeks to go how exciting

thatkid
11-19-2009, 08:36 PM
I got my flight times! It'll be my first time flying! We leave from here at 3pm on wednesday, arrive in Toronto 1 hour and a half later, then wait at that airport for 3 hours, then have a 2 1/2 (maybe 3??) hour flight to Orlando!
We'll get to Disney around midnight. We leave to come home at 1:30pm the next wednesday, so thats pretty good! I still don't know if we're staying on GKTW property or off. I'll be happy either way. Me and my brothers have never been on away before! My parents meet with the wish lady tomorrow evening to get final details and our itinerary.

yinyanggirls
11-19-2009, 11:25 PM
I got my flight times! It'll be my first time flying!

Yahoo! How exciting to fly for a first time! Too bad your older bro isn't going too, but you will have a blast no matter what.
Thanks for the link to your website. I love the pics of you and your bros and the one with the gorgeous puppy.

2specialkids
11-20-2009, 08:56 AM
Yea!!! I know how excited you must be...when we got our flight times it made it all see so much more real. Wait until your wish volunteer comes, then the excitement really hits! They have so much information for you (and cool stuff too). I can't wait to read what's next. popcorn::

Sandy321
11-20-2009, 04:06 PM
I got my flight times! It'll be my first time flying! We leave from here at 3pm on wednesday, arrive in Toronto 1 hour and a half later, then wait at that airport for 3 hours, then have a 2 1/2 (maybe 3??) hour flight to Orlando!
We'll get to Disney around midnight. We leave to come home at 1:30pm the next wednesday, so thats pretty good! I still don't know if we're staying on GKTW property or off. I'll be happy either way. Me and my brothers have never been on away before! My parents meet with the wish lady tomorrow evening to get final details and our itinerary.

:cheer2: for your flight times - it sounds like a long day in the air!! Cant wait to hear where you are all staying!!

Magic Kingdom
Jungle cruise
Toontown hall of fame
Wishes

You will have no problem accomplishing ALL of these goals - Dont forget on the way to Toontown after Monster's inc - stop in and do the Buzz Lightyear ride - I'll post a link with some pics and hints! After Toontown Fantasyland - Its a Small World - your Dad will love this one :rolleyes1 or there is Peter Pan across the street thats amazing - around the corner is Haunted Mansion...

Epcot
Epcot character spot
Soarin’
Pick a pearl
Test track
Journey into narnia
This is at Hollywood Studios...

But again - you have a great plan - you may want to do Test Track First, then head across the park to Soarin - then over to Nemo - love how they have Nemo set up! Then after you see Honey I shrunk the audience you are really close to the shortcut thru the Rose Garden into World Showcase - go towards Canada - England, France, OR take the boat across the lake - it stops at Japan -

Pick a pearl - we've done it twice - do it here, the lady that runs the DTD pic a pearl is mean - and she doesnt have many options to put the pearl into! You can get a beautiful Sterling Silver setting for under $25 - if you have a sterling silver necklace, bring it with you for your new pearl!!

Animal Kingdom
Tree of life - The 3D movie under the Tree of life is Its Tough to be a Bug - its hilarious - the theatre gets filled up with the dry ice fog - and just when you think its over, and people are laughing because they've been screaming - the bugs leave the theatre - and those sitting on the benches - feel movement - and some get poked in the back!! I think your brothers will love this - and then you can :rotfl2: when you watch them get poked by bugs!!
Kilimanjaro safaris
Discovery island trails

You have a great plan for AK - you may wnat to see the Lion King Show when you are up at Camp Minnie Mickey - its on the same trail - and if you love Lion King - the show is AWESOME - its in air conditioned theatre, and beautifully staged!! The Discovery Island Trails - after you get off the Safari you will be on the trail - most people want to leave - so go the other way and enjoy that trail!!

Hollywood studios
Muppet vision 3D
Sounds dangerous
Toy story mania
Go to Toy Story first, because you'll want to do this twice!! The secret here is to not worry about being accurate with the puller, just shoot - the more you shoot - the better the score - I'll post a link to tips for here too!! After Toy Story you will head down - past the Star Wars Ride, love Muppet Vision - I would skip the backlot tour completely -

oh I almost forgot - when you are walking to Toy Story on your right will be the Narnia area - there really isnt much there - so dont be disappointed - dd loved the books, so we have a couple of pictures inside here - the props from the movie...

so I would add the Great Movie Ride - its a gentle ride - and there are some cool hidden mickey's and the Wizard of Oz room is beautiful!! but that's just me - its your vacation, NOT MINE!! :rotfl2:

Thanks for sharing your Caring Bridge page - you are beautiful!!

cant wait to hear about where you are staying!

thatkid
11-20-2009, 07:16 PM
My parents met with the wish lady today!
We got our expense cheque (which was very generous :cloud9:), disposable cameras, tshirts, hats, luggage tags and some scrapbook things. We also got our itenerary... and we're staying on property at GKTW!!!
I'm sooo excited about that. the princess dinner is at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall. It looks soo cute. I'm so excited!! I'm going to start packing tomorrow!
I bought a new bookbag this week, because this one CANNOT be the same one that i take to the hospital. :rotfl:

thatkid
11-20-2009, 08:15 PM
i just saw what you posted in red, sandy321.
thank you for the tips! Is the bugs thing icky?? i get really nauseous watching timon & pumba because of the bugs :lmao: I can't really picture the bugs eating eachother though haha.
I appreciate all of your replies! i was super worried about having an empty pretrip report.

Momofwishkid
11-20-2009, 10:03 PM
:cool1: It looks like everything is coming together perfect. Congrats on getting to stay at GKTW. It looks amazing there.

Sandy321
11-20-2009, 10:56 PM
i just saw what you posted in red, sandy321.
thank you for the tips! Is the bugs thing icky?? i get really nauseous watching timon & pumba because of the bugs :lmao: I can't really picture the bugs eating eachother though haha.
I appreciate all of your replies! i was super worried about having an empty pretrip report.

:cheer2: GKTW!! AWESOME!! There is so much there for you to do!! and see, free miniature golf, parties, movies!!

Here's a youtube of Its Tough To Be A Bug
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwqqN9L-JKk

Have you Seen Philharmagic? another great 3D Movie - its in Magic Kingdom - in Fantasyland - after you go to ToonTown, you come out right past Pooh ride - its a beautiful movie - with all of the Disney cartoon guys, and gals - it starts with Mickey telling Donald Duck not to mess with the wand, and of course Donald does, and he has to go chasing the wand - thru all the recent movies - he stops at Beauty and the Beast and you sing Be our Guest- and you smell the cherry pie - while you want to reach out and touch the flying pie - you feel the champagne corks pop... you go under the sea with Ariel, and ride the magic carpet ride with aladdin - its a wonderful 3D movie!!

Its Tough to be a Bug in Animal Kingdom - is a bit darker - because you are under the tree - where bugs live, but Flick wants you to know they are just nice bugs (well the stinker bug bombs and it smells) but that's it - the fog machine comes on when the bad guy wants to give us humans a taste of the pesticide - and his voice is mean, and its dark, so kids scream!! Then the last 15 seconds (its about a ten minute movie) the announcer asks the humans to remain seated while the bugs, maggots, beatles leave the theatre - then everyone sitting on the bench scream as they "feel" the bugs move under their rear ends - and the seat pokes you!

Here's a Buzz lightyear website
http://www.badshoe.com/BuzzLightyearSpin.htm
its not a movie - just still pictures, click on the lower right bottom picture to turn the page - but it describes where to "shoot" to get high scores (its a lazer type "gun")

Here's the link to Toy Story hints (again, not a movie, just descriptions)
http://www.ultimateorlando.com/archive/midwaymania/index.html
as you scroll down there are lots of pictures so you can see what the car looks like, and what some of the rooms look like - again, you pull a string on this gun, so its hard after awhile to pull pull pull, you get tired -

Sandy321
11-20-2009, 11:00 PM
here's my daughter at the wardrobe inside the Narnia at Hollywood Studios:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/angelmum3/Disney%20Sept%20O7%20Pop%20resort/IMG_3539.jpg

and then inside the forest:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/angelmum3/Disney%20Sept%20O7%20Pop%20resort/IMG_3540.jpg

thatkid
11-21-2009, 10:13 AM
Here's my plan!

Wednesday, December 2nd
Leave our airport @ 3:40 PM
Arrive in Toronto @ 5:08 PM
Leave Toronto @ 8:10 PM
Arrive in Orlando @ 10:55 PM

Thursday, December 3rd
Mom goes to orientation/ Everyone else goes to walmart.
Breakfast @ GKTW 8:00 AM
Epcot Future World (hours: 9am-7pm)
Soarin’>> Nemo>> Honey, I shrunk the audience>> shortcut through Rose Garden to World Showcase (hours: 11am- 9:30pm) Japan for pick a pearl>> Princess Dinner @ Norway Pavilion- Akershus Royal Hall @ 3:20 pm
Leave Epcot @ 6:00 pm
Christmas @ GKTW 6:30 pm

Friday, December 4th
Breakfast @ GKTW 8:00 AM/ universal photos?? 8:30 am
Animal Kingdom (hours: 9am- 6pm)
Camp Minnie Mickey>> Lion King Show>> Kilimanjaro Safari>> Discovery Island Trails
Lunch- Pizzafari in Animal Kingdom
Downtown Disney (open until 11:30)
Image Capture>> Pooh Corner>> World of Disney
OR West side (open until midnight)

Saturday, December 5
Sea World (park hours: 9 am- 9 pm)
Dolphin Nursery>> Dolphin Cove>> Believe show (show times: 12:30, 2:30, 5:00)>> Wild Arctic
Lunch: Mango Joe's Café or The SeaFire Inn at Seaworld
Shamu: close-up>> Shark encounter>> penguin encounter>> Turtle point>> Sky Tower
Late Supper @ GKTW (gingerbread house open until 9PM)

Sunday, December 6th
Universal Studios (park hours: 9 am – 6 pm)
Shrek 4D>> Horror Make-up show
Islands of Adventure (park hours: 9 am – 6 pm)
Explore seussville>> Grinchmas (show times: 12p, 1p, 2p, 3:30p, 4:30p, 5:30p)
Lunch @ Circus McGurkus Cafe in seussville
Explore toon lagoon, eat supper at comic strip cafe?? or GKTW

Monday, December 7th
Breakfast @ GKTW 8:00 am/ Character Photos 8 or 9 am
Leave for Magic Kingdom @ 8:30 am
Magic Kingdom (park hours: 9am- 8pm)
Monsters Inc.>> Toontown
Hollywood Studios (park hours: 9am-7pm)
Muppet Vision>> Sounds Dangerous
Back to Magic Kingdom for Spectro (7pm) & Wishes (8pm)

Tuesday, December 8th
Hang out at GKTW and Downtown Disney/ West Side
OR back to Islands of adventure to eat lunch at comic strip cafe/ explore toon lagoon if we didn't have time.

Wednesday, December 9th
Leave GKTW at 11am
Leave Orlando Airport @ 1:45 pm
Arrive in Toronto @ 4:30 pm
Leave Toronto Airport @ 8:00 pm
Arrive in our airport @ 11:00 pm

I had this all done, and i showed my mom, and she said "are we eating?"
I forgot to put dinner times/ places because i dont eat :rolleyes1

Drive times from GKTW:
animal kingdom 20 minutes
hollywood studios 15 minutes
epcot 15 minutes
magic kingdom 20 minutes
sea world 20 minutes
universal 25 minutes

Downtown Disney Hours
Shops open 9:30 am to 11:00 pm Sunday to Thursday
Shops open 9:30 am to 11:30 pm Friday to Saturday
Restaurants open daily 9 am - 11:00 pm (Dining)

West side Hours
Shops open 10:30 am to 11 pm - Sunday to Thursday
Shops open 10:30 am to Midnight - Friday to Saturday
Restaurants open daily from 11 am to Midnight (Dining)

MickeyisBeast
11-21-2009, 11:24 AM
What an amazing plan! You'll have so much fun!

yinyanggirls
11-21-2009, 12:55 PM

:rotfl2: That made me laugh out loud. It sure would save time if nobody needed to stop and eat, wouldn't it?

chrissid7
11-21-2009, 01:04 PM
Your plans look great! lol at your mom, im sure she was happy to know that food was in the plans !:lmao:

maroo
11-21-2009, 07:28 PM
First of all...

I FEEL HORRIBLE for not posting sooner!

I have no idea how I missed BOTH subscribing to your TR and putting it on the first page of the Wish Trippers thread.

Normally I just forget ONE of those things...not usually BOTH.

I am so, so sorry.

:flower3: :flower3: :flower3:

Here's my plan!

Wednesday, December 2nd

Wow. That is going to be a long day. :faint:

Thursday, December 3rd

Ok...I just LOVE this. :rotfl:

Yum.

Soarin’>> Nemo>> Honey, I shrunk the audience>> shortcut through Rose Garden to World Showcase (hours: 11am- 9:30pm) Japan for pick a pearl>> Princess Dinner @ Norway Pavilion- Akershus Royal Hall @ 3:20 pm

This sounds like a simply WONDERFUL first day!

Honestly...if this is really all you have on your list...you really could sleep in a bit? You probably won't make it to GKTW until after midnight. :scared: There will be lots to explore and do at Epcot, though! :) And when are you going to Walmart? That would take me forever! :rotfl2:

Friday, December 4th
Camp Minnie Mickey>> Lion King Show>> Kilimanjaro Safari>> Discovery Island Trails
Downtown Disney

Another great day! :) And this sounds like a perfect order to do things in! :) Great plan!

Saturday, December 5
Dolphin Nursery>> Dolphin Cove>> Believe show (show times: 12:30, 2:30, 5:00)>> Wild Arctic
Shamu: close-up>> Shark encounter>> penguin encounter>> Turtle point

Another wonderful day! This will be a long one. :) Sea World is big, too...bigger than I thought it would be.

Sunday, December 6th
Explore toon lagoon and eat supper at Comic Strip Café

This sounds awesome, too. Take lots of pics! A lot of this stuff I have never seen? :confused3

Monday, December 7th
Breakfast @ GKTW 8:00 am
Monsters Inc.>> Toontown>> Peter pan?

My favorite...favorite! Spectro and Wishes! :cloud9:

Tuesday, December 8th
Hang out at GKTW and Downtown Disney
OR back to Islands of adventure/ Universal Studios

Awesome plan! :)

Wednesday, December 9th
Leave GKTW at 11am

Wow...your travel days are really long. :hug:

HA HA HA!!! That is tooooo funny! They are on their own! :lmao:

chrissid7
11-21-2009, 08:02 PM
Sounds awesome!!! Cant wait to hear how it all goes!! popcorn::

yinyanggirls
11-21-2009, 08:36 PM
I noticed you're doing the pick a pearl at World Showcase/Japan. Don't they do it also at Sea World? Anyone know the difference between the two?

thatkid
11-21-2009, 08:42 PM
I noticed you're doing the pick a pearl at World Showcase/Japan. Don't they do it also at Sea World? Anyone know the difference between the two?

There's one at Downtown disney, World Showcase & Sea world.
the ones in disney you just pick a shell and get the pearl, and get get settings for it, at sea world there's divers that dive to the bottom of a pool/tank and get a shell for you to open.

StefaniLyn
11-22-2009, 12:25 AM
Our trip dates are almost identical! I do hope that we have an opportunity to meet sometime while at GKTW. I'll be the one with the 3 curly little girls dressed all matchy matchy most of the time :lmao: and I know for a fact they will be wearing awesome coordinating hairbows nd headbands on at least 2 days! :rotfl2:Here's my plan!

Wednesday, December 2nd
You have such a long flight day! Pack snacks for the plane - it's so expensive to purchase food onboard! Are you checking into GKTW on this evening?

Thursday, December 3rd
we check into GKTW around noon on Thursday. We are also planning a trip over to WallyWorld sometime in the afternoon.Breakfast @ GKTW 8:00 AM
You are going to LOVE Akershus! I think they give you a complimentary photo package for this dining experience now. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Friday, December 4th
Downtown Disney
Don't forget the Finding Nemo show. The best show in all of Disney in my opinion!!!
Saturday, December 5
Shamu: close-up>> Shark encounter>> penguin encounter>> Turtle point
We are going to Sea World on Monday and I am completely clueless! Maybe I can get some tips from you after you go?
Sunday, December 6th
Explore toon lagoon and eat supper at Comic Strip Café
and I would be happy to give you some pointers on this park as we are headed there on the previous Friday
Monday, December 7th
Monsters Inc.>> Toontown>> Peter pan?
just my opinion, but sounds dangerous is kinda lame. Stay late enough at HS to see the Osborne Festival of Lights! Anyone know what time these are lit at each evening?
Tuesday, December 8th
Hang out at GKTW and Downtown Disney
OR back to Islands of adventure/ Universal Studios

Wednesday, December 9th
Leave GKTW at 11am

Do you have the general schedul for GKTW? There are activities almost every evening back at the village as well as character meet and greets most mornings. Thursday evening is Christmas at GKTW, Friday is a Pirates and Princesses Party, Saturday is Mayor Clayton's Birthday Party. Sunday is the World's Largest Candyland game, Monday is Discovery Cove Animal Exploration, Tuesday is Family Fun Night, and Wednesday is Village Idol. These are always subject to change, but it seems to me there is almost always something going on at the village!

pipersmom
11-22-2009, 07:37 AM
You're such a good planner! LOL @ having to go back and put meals in..you should have said.."Well, you can always stop and eat, but my plan is to go, go, go!" Seriously though, it looks like you really have it together, I know you're going to have an awesome trip!

thatkid
11-25-2009, 06:51 PM
So, I made another plan. The previous one i'm calling my "healthy disney plan" and this one is the "sick disney plan." I saw my doctor today, and he is really hesitant to let me go to florida. I'll try to explain my disease so it makes a little bit more sense. Basically, my liver doesn't make heme the right way. My liver skips a step in the heme biosynthesis, and I get excess porphyrins in my blood, which is toxic to my body. It caused my stomach to be partially paralyzed, which is why i'm tube fed. SO, when my body makes more blood, I get even more excess porphyrins. There's things that trigger this, which puts me into a porphyria attack. everyone with this disease has different triggers. Mine are the sun, UV lights, a bunch of foods, a bunch of meds and a whole bunch of other things. My porphyrin levels this week are already elevated, so if i'm in the sun without being super protected, or if anything else triggers me in florida, i'll have more porphyrins in my blood, which could attack my heart or lungs. Have I lost you yet? :rotfl:
So anyways, i needed to seriously cut back on the amount of things on my list, just incase. so now i have 2 lists. this is the second one:

Wednesday, December 2nd

Thursday, December 3rd
Mom goes to orientation

Friday, December 4th
Camp Minnie Mickey>>Kilimanjaro Safari

Saturday, December 5
Dolphin Nursery>> Dolphin Cove>> Believe show (show times: 12:30, 2:30, 5:00)
Lunch: Mango Joe's Café
Shamu: close-up>>penguin encounter

Sunday, December 6th
Shrek 4D

Monday, December 7th
Monsters Inc.>> Toontown
Muppet Vision

Tuesday, December 8th
OR back to Islands of adventure to eat lunch at comic strip cafe/ explore toon lagoon if we didn't have time.

Wednesday, December 9th
Leave GKTW at 11am

StefaniLyn
11-25-2009, 10:39 PM
So, I made another plan. The previous one i'm calling my "healthy disney plan" and this one is the "sick disney plan." I saw my doctor today, and he is really hesitant to let me go to florida. I'll try to explain my disease so it makes a little bit more sense. Basically, my liver doesn't make heme the right way. My liver skips a step in the heme biosynthesis, and I get excess porphyrins in my blood, which is toxic to my body. It caused my stomach to be partially paralyzed, which is why i'm tube fed. SO, when my body makes more blood, I get even more excess porphyrins. There's things that trigger this, which puts me into a porphyria attack. everyone with this disease has different triggers. Mine are the sun, UV lights, a bunch of foods, a bunch of meds and a whole bunch of other things. My porphyrin levels this week are already elevated, so if i'm in the sun without being super protected, or if anything else triggers me in florida, i'll have more porphyrins in my blood, which could attack my heart or lungs. Have I lost you yet? :rotfl:

aw sweetie! First off, :hug:s to you. I'm so sorry that you are struggling right now. I'm happy to say that you did not lose me in the medical talk. I guess that is one of the benefits of a being a parent of a special needs child (and there are many more as well). I know you are really looking forward to this trip, but I hope that you would not put your health in jeapordy for it. I am certain that it can be rescheduled if necessary. That said, if you think going would be the best thing for you at this time, I am glad that you are being smart about it and adjusting your touring plans. You certainly don't want to over do it and spend half of your vacation in the hospital! A slow and steady pace will still allow you to see almost everything and still remain healthy. Do you have, or have access to, a wheelchair? If not, make sure you get one for your trip!
So anyways, i needed to seriously cut back on the amount of things on my list, just incase. so now i have 2 lists. this is the second one:

Wednesday, December 2nd
Take a nap during your layover - bring a blanket and travel pillow and spread out on some chairs.
Thursday, December 3rd
Mom goes to orientation
Try to sleep in this morning! You won't likely get to GKTW until nearly midnight! Add jet lag and a time change to that and you need to get some more sleep! I have heard the rope drop at Epcot isn't as spectacular as others.Epcot Future World (hours: 9am-7pm)
There is a Wish Room at Epcot where you can take a break/nap during the day. Your mom will get info on this at orientation.
Friday, December 4th
Don't stay out too late at DTD! Image Capture>> Pooh Corner>> World of Disney
remember that almost everything at AK is outdoors. The Nemo show and Festival of the Lion King are indoors however and can get you out of the sun for a while.
Saturday, December 5
Lots of walking at this park - take it easy!
Sunday, December 6th
Shrek 4D
GKTW usually has the World's Largest Candyland game on this evening.

Monday, December 7th
Monsters Inc.>> Toontown
Muppet Vision

Tuesday, December 8th

Wednesday, December 9th
Leave GKTW at 11am

The new touring plan looks great! I hope your porphryn counts begin to go down soon!

pipersmom
11-25-2009, 10:40 PM

Wednesday, December 2nd

Thursday, December 3rd
Mom goes to orientation

Friday, December 4th

Saturday, December 5

Sunday, December 6th
Shrek 4D

Monday, December 7th
Monsters Inc.>> Toontown
Muppet Vision

Tuesday, December 8th

Wednesday, December 9th
Leave GKTW at 11am

Oh, Alyssa, I'm sorry you're having med issues so close to your trip. It's good thinking on your part to have a back-up plan in case you need it, just try not to push yourself too hard. :hug:

kdzbear
11-28-2009, 04:32 PM
Wow! You leave in just a few days! I read your parts about staying out of the sun. It was cloudy a lot when we were there. I don't know if that will help or if it is the UV rays that come through the clouds that affect you. It does get dark in Florida around 5:30 or so. You could do some of the park stuff in the evenings after the sun goes down. I just came back from my son's Wish trip this Wednesday so let me know if I can answer any last minute questions! I hope your doctor lets you go. You will have a blast! :wizard:

maroo
11-30-2009, 09:26 AM
Bless your heart...

I hope that you are feeling better and really hope that you have a fantastic trip!!! :goodvibes

thatkid
11-30-2009, 12:22 PM
I find out tomorrow afternoon whether i can go or not. Nothing like waiting till the last minute :rotfl:
I'm so excited, I still haven't started packing, though. I'm so scared for it to start, because i don't want it to be over ahah. I do have things to look forward to, like christmas and next year i get my own puppy. :lovestruc
I'm very excited to scrapbook the whole thing, and i'm making a big ol' video of everything! I got a memory card just for videos. :)
I also looked into the christmas things at disneyworld, and we're going to the mickeys jingle jungle parade and to see the osbourne lights. We're also going to the block party bash. (this is assuming i stay well enough to do all of this)

2 days!:cool1:

maroo
11-30-2009, 12:56 PM
I find out tomorrow afternoon whether i can go or not. Nothing like waiting till the last minute :rotfl:
I'm so excited, I still haven't started packing, though. I'm so scared for it to start, because i don't want it to be over ahah. I do have things to look forward to, like christmas and next year i get my own puppy. :lovestruc
I'm very excited to scrapbook the whole thing, and i'm making a big ol' video of everything! I got a memory card just for videos. :)
I also looked into the christmas things at disneyworld, and we're going to the mickeys jingle jungle parade and to see the osbourne lights. We're also going to the block party bash. (this is assuming i stay well enough to do all of this)

If you can't go now...will they postpone it?

I hope you can go!!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Christmas and your own puppy!!! Those are two awesome things. I love my little dog - even more than Christmas. :)

Momofwishkid
11-30-2009, 03:54 PM
Im hoping you get the all clear and your health is well enough to enjoy your trip. Im sure they will postpone if you cant go right away.

thatkid
11-30-2009, 07:00 PM
They will postpone it, but it would have to be between november-january of next year. I'm almost positive i'll be able to go, though :)

The water pump in our house went, so i have to take a trip to my grandmothers tomorrow to do laundry, etc. My dad and his electrician friend have tried everything to fix it, but nothings worked. I think our house is cursed haha.
I finished packing tonight :cool1:, minus the stuff i'll need until before i go.
My brothers and dad are packing wednesday morning... haha. and my mom has like a big suitcase all to herself :rotfl: I just have my backpack with some clothes, most of the stuff is my hand sanitizer (i'm obsessed) and autograph books, journals, and my feeding tube stuff LOL. I ended up with 5 autograph books :confused3 I hope my brothers use one each, and i'm getting my niece autographs too. :hug:

yinyanggirls
11-30-2009, 08:36 PM

next year i get my own puppy. :lovestruc

Hurray for puppies!!!! I hope you are doing better tomorrow and get the clearance! Could it also be associated with stress? Even good stress can cause so many issues. I think this trip is what's making you sick, so maybe you better go so it can be over with and stop causing you stress. ;)

pacrosby
11-30-2009, 10:12 PM
Hey, was it you that I read on another thread mention you loved the Grinch? Did you know about the Grinch Character breakfast at Universal? I know you're older but still......you seem young at heart:) Just wanted to make sure you knew. You mentioned that you're planning to be at US on Sunday and that is one of the mornings they offer it. Price isn't all that bad since it's breakfast. Of course, if it wasn't you that mentioned it than you probably could give a rip huh?:rotfl2:

Thinking good thoughts for the :thumbsup2 on your trip:)

Pamela:santa:

Matty's Wish Trip http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2325607

thatkid
11-30-2009, 10:45 PM
Hey, was it you that I read on another thread mention you loved the Grinch? Did you know about the Grinch Character breakfast at Universal? I know you're older but still......you seem young at heart:) Just wanted to make sure you knew. You mentioned that you're planning to be at US on Sunday and that is one of the mornings they offer it. Price isn't all that bad since it's breakfast. Of course, if it wasn't you that mentioned it than you probably could give a rip huh?:rotfl2:

Thinking good thoughts for the :thumbsup2 on your trip:)

Pamela:santa:

Matty's Wish Trip http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2325607

That was me! I did know about the grinch breakfast, but we're only doing one sit-down meal because i don't eat and its super awkward. I totally am young at heart. :)

I don't know how to quote 2 people at once.. but it is likely that it is stress (excitement, probably) that's making me feel sicker, but i'm also on antibiotics that make me sick, so maybe its the mix of both.

StefaniLyn
12-01-2009, 12:51 AM
I am thinking positive thoughts and hoping your doc gives you the green light tomorrow! We would love to meet you and your family at GKTW!

maroo
12-01-2009, 08:09 AM
Today is the big day! Hugs :hug: and popcorn::...I hope he gives you news that will be GOOD!

Hang in there either way! We are thinking about you guys.

thatkid
12-01-2009, 12:41 PM
i just got back from the hospital and....

I got the okay to go!!!!
:dance3::cheer2::cool1::woohoo::goodvibes:yay:

We leave home at noon tomorrow!!!

pipersmom
12-01-2009, 01:02 PM
Woohoooooo! So happy to hear that you got the green light, Alyssa..don't forget there are washers & dryers in the villas at GKTW..so don't stress too much about the clothes, just take some with you to wash, if you need to!

kdzbear
12-01-2009, 03:18 PM
i just got back from the hospital and....

I got the okay to go!!!!
:dance3::cheer2::cool1::woohoo::goodvibes:yay:

We leave home at noon tomorrow!!!

Yeah! I am so excited for you! I am so happy that you get to go on the trip! :banana: :yay: :cheer2: :woohoo: :banana: :woohoo: :cheer2: :yay:

That was me! I did know about the grinch breakfast, but we're only doing one sit-down meal because i don't eat and its super awkward. I totally am young at heart. :)

I don't know how to quote 2 people at once.. but it is likely that it is stress (excitement, probably) that's making me feel sicker, but i'm also on antibiotics that make me sick, so maybe its the mix of both.

I just learned this a few weeks ago. There is a little " sign followed by a plus. Click on as many of those as you want to quote and then hit reply and all of the quotes will show up! You can do it! :grouphug:

StefaniLyn
12-01-2009, 03:31 PM
:dance3::banana::banana::cheer2: I'm so happy you get to go!

2specialkids
12-01-2009, 04:00 PM
YEA!!! So glad you still get to go! You're gonna have a wonderful time. Make sure you tell us all about it when you get back! popcorn::

Momofwishkid
12-01-2009, 10:04 PM
:cheer2: :cheer2: Woo Hoo Im so glad you got the go ahead for your trip!! Your going to have an amazing time.

yinyanggirls
12-01-2009, 10:13 PM
I knew it!!! It's all that stressful excitement!;) Have a great time and take LOTS of pictures!!!

TEF/EAmom2007
06-27-2011, 10:23 PM
My son just got approved for his trip to disney world. I was wondering if MAW will pay for a character dinner at one of the theme parks for you if you ask or is that something that i would have to do and pay. I know disney world tells you to reserve 180 days in advance with a deposit so i wanted to make sure so either way i can make this happen for my son.