PDA

View Full Version : No availability with online ADR's for January...my thoughts and a small rant!

kathyg
10-06-2009, 04:08 PM
There seem to be certain restaurants that are showing no availability with online ADR's for certain restaurants for January (such as Narcoossees, Flying Fish, 50's Prime Time and others). Calling Disney dining doesn't help because their system also shows no availability. When you call them on it, all they can say is "there is no availability". So some of you are booking other restaurants thinking that there actually is no availability, but this can't possibly be true. It has to be because certain restaurants haven't been loaded into the system yet for 2010.

Here's my gripe. Why doesn't Disney just say that on their website. Better yet, why don't they give their cast members the right information to pass onto us. Would it be so hard to say that they system hasn't been updated yet. Try back tomorrow, or the next day? Why do they have to give us (and cast members) incorrect information? No one is able to get a ressie at these certain restaurants, so those who have been trying to, don't feel discouraged.

Also, I've been trying for 5 days, since 2010 opened up on the online ADR's, to get my last ADR, but can not get the system to recognize my reservation number. Is it just me? No. After reading these boards it seems that the majority are experiencing the same dreaded E02020305001 message. Fortunately for me, I was able to book the majority of my ressies before this happened. But if I were just beginning to book ADR's I know I would be pretty ticked off. Why can't they just explain what the error message means or just say the system is down or something so we don't all keep switching computers, changing browsers, emptying our cache and deleting our cookies. Tell us what the error message means and treat us like adults who deserve an answer.

If only Disney were forthright with us it would certainly go a long way to make this process less of a nightmare. While I have written Disney I do not expect a response. This is unfair to all of us who are spending $$$ at Disney to have to waste our time on a system that is not working. Just tell us the truth and don't treat us like morons!

Also, I have booked Narcoossees for New Year's Eve. Every time I call about details, I get a different answer. It should be simple, right? Is tax and gratuity included? Yes or No (I've gotten both). Is there a DJ (I've gotten both yes and no). Is there a dress code..again yes and no. Why can't I get a straight answer? Why do I take this crap from Disney when I wouldn't ever settle for it with anyone else? Gotta wonder?

End of rant!

nfceagles
10-06-2009, 04:20 PM
Well put!

GovieMom
10-06-2009, 04:33 PM
I totally agree with you on this. I was one of the extremely frustrated people trying to book online the first day I was able to, Monday. I spent so much time trying to figure out what I was doing wrong and re-trying again, that when I finally gave up and called Disney Dining, all the ADR slots for Le Cellier (my top choice) on the night I wanted were already gone.:headache:
Then I was sooo disappointed when informed that there was nothing available when I tried to book 50s Prime Time. They didn't tell me that it was because 50s wasn't loaded in their system yet; I guess they didn't know, but until I found out for myself today, I was very upset. Then to top it off, this morning I found two ADRs online that I wanted to get; and when I called Disney Dining, they weren't showing up on their end at all, so I had to go back and book them online. I sure wish Disney would hurry and get their mess straightened out!

psindone
10-06-2009, 04:49 PM
I just got off the phone with member services. I am trying to get a reservation at Flying Fish for Jan, 1, 2nd or 3rd. When I try online it tell me no availability. The CM tells me that they are doing the Sweet Heart Dinner on those days. That does not sound right since they usually do that around valentines day. We always go in January and never had this before. I think I'll call back tomorrow. Maybe I'll get another CM and I'm sure another answer.

kathyg
10-06-2009, 05:13 PM
I also tried booking Flying Fish for the entire first week in January. All I got was no availability from both online and calling. She did tell me that LeCellier was available. I told her there has to be something amiss, but she just stuck to her guns...no availability.

That's what I mean about getting a straight and correct answer. It's not fair to us who know and especially not fair to those who don't. Someone might hear "no availability" and take it as gospel, when in fact it is far from the truth!

kayla87
10-06-2009, 05:37 PM
To make the whole situation even more confusing - at 11:45 this morning I made an ADR for 50s Prime Time on Jan 7th. Did I just happen to call after the availability opened up in the system?

When I called at my 90 days, I was told nothing was available for Tonys three days into my trip. I was really surprised to hear that, but maybe that means it just hadn't been loaded. Oh well...I already rearranged the whole trip to accommodate no Tonys...

stinie18287
10-06-2009, 05:45 PM
The same thing happened to me! I knew something had to be wrong.. I was trying to get a reservation for San Angel Inn or Teppen Edo one night at Epcot and those were completely filled but I got Le Cellier instead! That's just ridiculous! I'm just going to keep trying and hope to get what I wanted... :sad2:

disney minnie
10-06-2009, 06:40 PM
I was told this morning that Flying Fish has not been added and could take a week or so. The Pirate's and Pals Fireworks cruise is not loaded either.

GovieMom
10-06-2009, 06:45 PM
To make the whole situation even more confusing - at 11:45 this morning I made an ADR for 50s Prime Time on Jan 7th. Did I just happen to call after the availability opened up in the system?

That figures ... I called late this afternoon wanting 50s Prime Time for any time during lunch on Jan. 6. I was told that nothing was showing up that day at all!

tami82
10-06-2009, 07:21 PM
they dont open everything up at once they will open up blocks of times at certain times so you have to be persistent and check the computer constantly for those openings and jump on them when they become available. Not even a week before our arrival in August they had put a bunch of blocks of times for many places such as Chef Mickeys, Ohanas, 1900 Pare Fare and others.

tyandbash
10-06-2009, 07:34 PM
Well, that explains why I can't get Flying Fish for 1/2. I have been trying non-stop since I started my ADR's last Tuesday. I agree why can't they just tell us the truth?

kanderson89
10-06-2009, 07:45 PM
Well, in a sense, this at least makes me feel like it's not just ME. I was trying for Narcoosee's for early January, too, and the CM said that some places haven't finalized their DDP contracts yet. All they had was a sweetheart's dinner, so we said yes to Citrico's instead and then figured we could check in a week or so.

I, too, got that dumb error message when I try to load in my reservation.

I got the rest of my ADRs, so it's ok...well, except for Crystal Palace which is under renovation, but that can't be helped in January. Guess I'll just keep plugging away.

psindone
10-07-2009, 04:59 AM
I got up at 4:30 this morning and went on line. I was able to get the Flying Fish for Jan. 2nd. I knew the CM had to be wrong about the sweetheart dinner. This was the first time that I had so much trouble getting a reservation. Good luck to everyone.

LMO429
10-07-2009, 07:23 AM
Having you tried changing your party size? the adr system is flawed and often times if you change your party size availability will open up

good luck to you. and yes I agree with you the reservation system needs ALOT of work!

stinie18287
10-07-2009, 08:03 AM
So I tried today again for San Angel Inn and it all of a sudden went from being completely booked all day to having a few time slots available! It must have been that it wasn't loaded yet.. that's the only explanation.. I guess we all just have to keep trying!

GovieMom
10-07-2009, 08:19 AM
As of this morning, 50s Prime Time is showing availability for dinner every day of our January trip starting at 4:05 p.m. But it's still showing every one of those days as unavailable for the entire lunch hour! Looks like only their dinner hours were loaded into the system so far. Talk about frustrating!

yost1931
10-07-2009, 09:13 AM
Well, I made myself get out of bed at 3am to make my ADR's this morning only to get that dreaded code. :eek: What's worse is that I couldn't even get my first nights ADR. I find this strange. I wanted to book Liberty Tree Tavern at 4pm. We are arriving in the late morning and wanted to spend an afternoon at Magic Kingdom, have an early dinner, and get back to the hotel to unpack and get settled in. Anyways, Liberty Tree is showing no availability for dinner at all, but is available for lunch.

So I went back to bed, then got up again at 6 to get ready for work early. I called into the reservation system at 7. Here were my results:

Jan 5 - Liberty Tree - nada. CM told me that she finds it odd that they are not available at dinner. She checked their calendar and there was nothing on it. She said maybe it really is booked up. Is that possible?

Jan 6 - Le Chef's de France - nada. CM told me they are not loaded into the system yet and offered me Le Celier! I actually declined because my DD3 has her heart set on seeing Remy so I told her I would wait it out and check online.

Jan 7 - Ohana's - no problems

Jan 8 - CRT breakfast - no problems

Jan 9 - Sci Fi Dine In - no problems

Jan 10 - Chef Mickey's - no problems

Anyone have any information on Liberty Tree Tavern and why it isn't available for dinner?

TDERadulski
10-07-2009, 09:20 AM
Jan 6 - Le Chef's de France - nada. CM told me they are not loaded into the system yet and offered me Le Celier! I actually declined because my DD3 has her heart set on seeing Remy so I told her I would wait it out and check online.
Anyone have any information on Liberty Tree Tavern and why it isn't available for dinner?

There is definately still a problem. I called this past Monday and got Chef's de France for a late lunch on 5 January.
My sister also called the same day and got LTT for dinner on 3 January.

I haven't been able to get Kouzinna yet, and keep being told their dates are not loaded on the system yet.

GovieMom
10-07-2009, 09:49 AM

My guess is that since Crystal Palace will be closed for refurb at that time, plus the rumor that LTT might have character dining during that period, caused loads of people to book LTT for dinner. As far as Chefs de France, their dinner hours are obviously in the system, as we have an ADR there for January 4. Best of luck to you, as this has been very frustrating, to say the least.

yost1931
10-07-2009, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the information. I had no idea that LTT might be a character meal. That might explain things, but I still can't see why it would be totally booked already. I will keep checking online for it.

BTW, the CM told me that Chefs de France isn't loaded past the 90 day mark yet. I wanted it for Jan 6, so I do hope it will become available tomorrow.

This has been SO frustrating!

katlamar
10-07-2009, 10:37 AM
Just tried to get a ressie for LTT for dinner...we are there from 1/5-1/14 and nothing available. I was able to get a lunch reservation however :confused3
Guess I'll keep trying...I was also annoyed that online reservations couldn't find my reservation and I kept getting the dreaded error message! Nothing like ruining a good nights sleep :sad1:

kathyg
10-07-2009, 10:49 AM
This is very strange...last week I was able to book lunch at Chef's for two different days the first week in September. I was also able to book LTT for dinner on one of those days. So they must have been loaded last week. Is this another instance when Disney isn't being forthcoming about what is actually going on?

lsugal
10-07-2009, 11:21 AM
I have a 7:30 reservation for Chefs de France on January 6 so it's definitely loaded into the system. I made my reservation on the phone early yesterday morning. It was odd though. At first the CM told me it was showing no availability then a few seconds later she found it.

Lexxiefern
10-07-2009, 11:31 AM
Today is my 90 day window as well. The online system would not recognize my reservation number so I called. Thankfully I was able to get everything that I wanted including LTT for lunch, Sci Fi, Primetime, Le Cellier, Chef Mickey's, Garden Grill and 1900 Park Fare.

I hope everyone is able to get their dining straightened out soon!

TDERadulski
10-07-2009, 11:41 AM
I called today too...to check on all the ressies I had made, just for piece of mind. Sounds like their system is having some major glitches right now....Happily all my ressies are intact. Now if Kouzzina would just get there dates/times up!

december14disney
10-07-2009, 11:41 AM
Can someone please confirm for me that 50's prime time isnt serving lunch as of Jan 1 2010?

Thanks! :thumbsup2

lsugal
10-07-2009, 11:53 AM
I called back yesterday afternoon to make sure all of mine were intact as well, especially with all this talk about Les Chefs not being in the system yet. Like I said when I initially made mine, the CM told me Les Chefs was not showing up, then she said it was. I wonder if there is somewhere else other than their regular page where they can look for some of them. Very strange.

purpliequeen
10-07-2009, 12:56 PM
This is making me very nervous. This is the first time that I'm passing the dining ressies over to the IPO, as we're staying at AKL club level. I am extremely OCD and like to do ressies myself, even when we have stayed club level in the past. This time around, it's during preliminary exams here at school and waking up at 3 a.m. to make dinner ressies instead of sleeping/studying is not feasible. Yuck. I hope that they are able to get some of my ressies, and for the rest of you- keep trying! From other threads, I know that Les Chef has been iffy in terms of uploading to the Internet. Best of luck to everyone!

kanderson89
10-07-2009, 01:37 PM
We called again and got Narcoosee's now for dinner on Jan 6. I still cannot bring up my reservation on the online site so just went in and tried to reserve a regular 90 day-out reservation and it came up. So, since it came up for the 5th, I thought we might be able to get it for the 6th, given the 90+10 scenario and it worked!:woohoo:

Good luck everyone.

MarieA
10-07-2009, 02:14 PM
I called (didn't try online) yesterday for ADRs for Jan. 3 through the 6 and was able to get everything. My DS (22) and his friends are going and there are 5 people in the party. I was able to get Sanaa, Teppan Edo, LeCellier and The Wave without any difficulty.

KarlaG4Kids
10-07-2009, 02:17 PM
Gosh, you guys have me really worried. I am set to get up at 2am (our time) Friday morning to get on and make my ADRS. How frustrating for all of you. I'm not going to be a happy camper if nothing works for me. Did you have any problems pulling up your reservation on the regular reservation system or did it pull up fine there, but on on the ADR system? Mine pulls up with no problems on the regular system, so I am hoping it will pull up ok on the ADR system.

ScubaCat
10-08-2009, 01:53 AM
I have a great story to add to this. I wanted Crystal Palace for January 1 breakfast for 2 adults. NOTHING available. Called as well as online...nothing.

Today, I:

try for 2 adults at 9:00am.. nothing.
try for 2 adults at 10:00am.. nothing.
try for 3 adults at 9:00am.. nothing.
try for 3 adults at 10:00am.. alternate time of 9:00am offered!! (:confused3 but... I tried 9:00am about 2.5 seconds ago?? :confused3)
and... the 9:00am time for 3 adults warns that the party may be seated at more than one table!!! :confused3 :rolleyes1

I actually repeated these steps in that order twice before finally booking the 9:00am party of 3 at multiple tables (which only shows up if I actually select 10:00am as the requested time).

So, I now have a 9:00am reservation for Crystal Palace for 3 adults (2 of which will show up) at separate tables. Can't wait to see what actually happens on January 1st! I'm going to call tomorrow and try to change it to 2 adults but something tells me that there will be "no availability" for 2 adults even if I cancel the reservation for 3. lol :laughing:

TheRustyScupper
10-08-2009, 02:10 AM
Why do I take this crap from Disney when I wouldn't ever settle for it with anyone else? Gotta wonder?

1) Good question.
2) Just go off-site.
2) Money speaks louder than words.

EDIT: Please do not take this as a slam. It really is meant to be a true suggestion. If we don't like what WDW is doing, our best recourse is to le them know through our pocket books.

ScubaCat
10-08-2009, 02:50 PM
1) Good question.
2) Just go off-site.
2) Money speaks louder than words.

EDIT: Please do not take this as a slam. It really is meant to be a true suggestion. If we don't like what WDW is doing, our best recourse is to le them know through our pocket books.

It seems to me that Disney basically frontloads all the hassle of travel. So, it's 5x more difficult to plan, but easier once you actually get there. Booking a regular hotel is much easier, but there's a far greater chance of having an issue upon arrival. (At least this justification helps me sleep better!)

Sandy321
10-08-2009, 03:01 PM
I have a great story to add to this. I wanted Crystal Palace for January 1 breakfast for 2 adults. NOTHING available. Called as well as online...nothing.

Today, I:

try for 2 adults at 9:00am.. nothing.
try for 2 adults at 10:00am.. nothing.
try for 3 adults at 9:00am.. nothing.
try for 3 adults at 10:00am.. alternate time of 9:00am offered!! (:confused3 but... I tried 9:00am about 2.5 seconds ago?? :confused3)
and... the 9:00am time for 3 adults warns that the party may be seated at more than one table!!! :confused3 :rolleyes1

I actually repeated these steps in that order twice before finally booking the 9:00am party of 3 at multiple tables (which only shows up if I actually select 10:00am as the requested time).

So, I now have a 9:00am reservation for Crystal Palace for 3 adults (2 of which will show up) at separate tables. Can't wait to see what actually happens on January 1st! I'm going to call tomorrow and try to change it to 2 adults but something tells me that there will be "no availability" for 2 adults even if I cancel the reservation for 3. lol :laughing:

Wonder if it has anything to do with the fact Crystal Palace is going down for refurbishments in Jan? :confused3

Nah, its the system!

Leshaface
10-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Gosh, you guys have me really worried. I am set to get up at 2am (our time) Friday morning to get on and make my ADRS. How frustrating for all of you. I'm not going to be a happy camper if nothing works for me. Did you have any problems pulling up your reservation on the regular reservation system or did it pull up fine there, but on on the ADR system? Mine pulls up with no problems on the regular system, so I am hoping it will pull up ok on the ADR system.

I couldn't pull up any information online for the past two weeks...

Today was my 90+10...I called Dining reservations at 701am and got all of my dinners (cali grill, narc, citr, etc), but could NOT get any lunches!!

I called back a couple hours later, and all the lunches that I need were suddenly available...all at noon no less!:lmao:

if they don't have the restaurants you want with your first call, give it a few hours and call back...more then likely it will show up available..Good luck!

tippy77
10-08-2009, 04:03 PM
I couldn't pull up any information online for the past two weeks...

Today was my 90+10...I called Dining reservations at 701am and got all of my dinners (cali grill, narc, citr, etc), but could NOT get any lunches!!

I called back a couple hours later, and all the lunches that I need were suddenly available...all at noon no less!:lmao:

if they don't have the restaurants you want with your first call, give it a few hours and call back...more then likely it will show up available..Good luck!

Thanks for the advice! I was hoping to make all my ressies online tomorrow but it looks like I'll be calling at 7:00 on the dot!

AnninIowa
10-08-2009, 04:20 PM
I booked Le Cellier lunch today for January 6 online, no problem; the system gave me several time choices. :confused3

Cando86
10-08-2009, 06:54 PM
As of this morning, 50s Prime Time is showing availability for dinner every day of our January trip starting at 4:05 p.m. But it's still showing every one of those days as unavailable for the entire lunch hour! Looks like only their dinner hours were loaded into the system so far. Talk about frustrating!

I'm having the same problem. I made an ADR at 50's Prime Time for dinner at 5:40 on the 3rd not realizing that Fantasmic started at 6:30. I'm going to have to cancel that one, so I figured I'd look for a lunch time. None at all. No availability. Okay...I figured 'it's only a couple days after New Year's, I guess it makes sense that they're booked, whatever'.
So then I decide to try for a lunch time on the 8th (the second day we'll be at HS) and nothing AGAIN! Really!? I just can't imagine that ALL of the lunch slots are already full this far in advance, especially a week after New Year's. I couldn't even get a dinner res. for that day.
I hear everyone on their frustrations! Grr!:headache:

KarlaG4Kids
10-09-2009, 07:00 AM
Well, I got up at 1:45 and got all ready to make the online ADR's. Now, the system has pulled up my reservation number just fine for the past few days. But, what do I get at 3am ET this morning....the dreaded E00.... code. Boy that irritated me. I worked for an hour before I gave up and went back to bed to NOT sleep. Now I am up again to try calling!

KarlaG4Kids
10-09-2009, 07:17 AM
Well, 15 minutes on the phone right at 7am Et and I have all of the reservations dates & times that I wanted. Only once did I have to change a time. Of all things...Sci Fi HS had less availability???? Hope everyone else has better luck with the online ADR's.

Sandy321
10-09-2009, 08:03 AM
I also got up - after deleting cookies, and restarting the computer - got the E20202etc code in IE - cleared cookies, went thru Firefox - I GOT IN!! :woohoo:

Only to be denied :headache: the "+10" feature! I mean come on - it clearly says I'm staying at BCV - and my beg date and end date... :confused3 but no +10 for me!!

went back to bed... got up at 6am and dialed in - wow the spiel has changed!! I got in some loop explaining the various restaurants :confused3: Hung up and dialed again! Got a CM with no holding! THAT has NEVER happened to me :wizard:

Got everything I wanted at the times I wanted! :wizard:

Now I just have to figure out if we can afford to go to Victoria and Alberts one day - and which day!!

tippy77
10-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Well I got up at 6, tried for online reservations, and of course, no luck. So I called at 7:07 this morning and had finished my reservations by 7:11. And I got everything I wanted!

disneygirlinnj
10-09-2009, 10:24 AM
Ugh...I got up at 6... no luck and kept getting the E error no matter how many things I tried. Called at 7...got right in....but had the CM from hell who had NO idea what she was doing. So 50 mins later, I finally got all of my ADRs that I wanted. Whew!

ScubaCat
10-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Ugh...I got up at 6... no luck and kept getting the E error no matter how many things I tried. Called at 7...got right in....but had the CM from hell who had NO idea what she was doing. So 50 mins later, I finally got all of my ADRs that I wanted. Whew!

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I called in for my trip last June and I was on the phone for an hour and 15 minutes to get 4 ADR's. I don't know how I even managed that because I'm not usually that patient. After about 45 minutes, I literally asked the guy "am I going to get a confirmation at some point during this call?" He was very nice and tried hard but I think his training on the 'new system' was a bit lacking.

KarlaG4Kids
10-09-2009, 01:53 PM
OK...you guys made me feel better because I had a very good CM. At first the system didn't like my res. # and she hesitated about letting me book 90 + 10 but then she realized it was "my day" so she worked it out. She would get my request, Find availability, and go right to the next request quickly and she gave me confirmation #'s all at the end so it went very well. I got 5 confirmations in about 15 minutes...I was happy with that. It made me wish I was booking a couple more of the high priority places like CRT & Le Cellier, but we only want so many TS meals this trip as we are going with the QSDP this time. (DD's choice...:confused3).

Leshaface
10-09-2009, 02:44 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I called in for my trip last June and I was on the phone for an hour and 15 minutes to get 4 ADR's. I don't know how I even managed that because I'm not usually that patient. After about 45 minutes, I literally asked the guy "am I going to get a confirmation at some point during this call?" He was very nice and tried hard but I think his training on the 'new system' was a bit lacking.

We were on the phone for almost 2 hours yesterday morning!!

This woman was clearly reading from a script so she wasn't really winging it like other cm's do...it was horrible!!

Oh well, at least we got everything we wanted!