PDA

View Full Version : Hawthorn Suites LBV anyone any info??

WSussex
10-06-2009, 12:46 PM
Hi All,:goodvibes

Thought I would tap into the vast knowledge of you Dis'ers :worship:- anyone stayed here or heard of it. Trip advisor seems to rate it very highly - did check out rooms on you tube - very little info but one room they showed looked tiny?!:eek: Have stayed at Embassy Suites before on I drive which was lovely - wanted something similar but nearer to disney.

any help appreciated

S x

yummymummywales
10-06-2009, 05:45 PM
Hi,

We stayed in Hawthorne Suites LBV 5 years ago when it was just myself, DH and DD1 (then 18 months old). I thought the hotel was great - we had a 1-bed suite, so 1 room with 2 x king beds, a separate lounge and kitchenette which had a small table to sit at (enough for 4) and also a separate bathroom which also had a sink unit just outside. There was plenty of room to put a cot beside one of the beds and still walk around the bedroom. All clean during our stay.

The lounge itself is not huge - it has a couch and a chair with a low coffee table and a huge TV opposite. This is one end of the room and then the other side has a small but perfectly adequate kitchen and table at the other end.

Small pool at the hotel - depends how long you would want to stay there TBH. We never really used it as we went to the water parks if we fancied a swimming day.

Another bonus is the free breakfast in this hotel - its good to start the day off and to save some money! Also there are a few restaurants within 10mins walk including Olive Gardens, TGIs etc.

We are going back to this hotel in 2 weeks time and staying for a fortnight so I am hopeful it will still be okay. This time it will be myself, DH, DD1 (age 5) and DD2 (age 2).

Hope this helps - I can let you know what its like when I come back if you like!!:goodvibes

Cyrano
10-06-2009, 06:14 PM
I am interested in hearing from DISers on this since we are there next summer :)

WSussex
10-07-2009, 09:52 AM
That would be fantastic thankyou!!:cool1:

I must say the appeal is having that bit extra space other than just a bedroom and bathroom and as you say the breakfast is a real bonus and money saver - its soon adds up for a family of 4 and we tend to fill up on breakfast - icecream/small snack at lunch then a sit down dinner.

thankyou!

yummymummywales
10-07-2009, 10:30 AM
TBH that was exactly our thoughts with regards to breakfast. Even if you do find a cheap place to eat, its not the same as free! The breakfast has a choice between some fried items, toast, cereal and pastries so was easily enough for us to go through to having a snack lunch and then a decent sit down meal in the evening.

Also when you have two young children I like the fact that they can go to sleep in the next room while you don't have to worry about the noise/TV etc. As I said there really was plenty of room in the bedroom the last time we went and it will be interesting to see how we feel now about the size of the rest of the apartment now that there are 4 of us instead of 3!

If anyone wants me to report back, please remind me on my return - my memory isn't what it used to be!! I don't think I have enough stamina to do a full trip report!! We are going in 2 weeks time and so will be back Nov 6th! :cool1:

lorbs
10-07-2009, 11:29 AM
Hi,
Have stayed in Hawthorn LBV on 4 seperate occassions for 2 weeks each time.
First stay was when it first opened in Dec 2001 and last stay was October last year.
The previous replies have all summed it up nicely.One of the big bonus points is the location.Close to resturants,shops and disney, also the I4 is about a mile away.
Would definatly recommend.