PDA

View Full Version : Disney.co.uk 42% off + Free DDP is back

wayneg
10-06-2009, 04:30 AM
Just checked our dates for next August discounted down to £100/night again + free DDP.

Now do I book before finding flights?

Can't see any ad for the offer.

igk
10-06-2009, 05:35 AM
Indeed, good spot. £50pp cancellation fee - tricky one isn't it? I guess if it were me and I knew I wanted to go then I'd book it and assume I'd be able to find flights somehow, but there again I always do it the other way round: book flights then sort out accommodation.
I wouldn't have thought there's much risk of the accommodation getting booked up this far in advance, it's just whether the offer gets pulled in the meantime :confused3

cantwait!!!!!!!!!!!!
10-06-2009, 05:39 AM
Thanks for noticing ! I would book it if I were you but then Im impatient !

I dont know what to do but will start a new thread rather than gatecrash yours !

Jon G
10-06-2009, 05:42 AM
Now do we go for the 1 bed villa for £135 per night as we did this year. We are going for 20 nights so thats an extra £700. Still cheaper than AKL or WL in a standard view bedroom.

I know what my wife wants!!! Decisions decisions:)

wayneg
10-06-2009, 05:56 AM
but there again I always do it the other way round: book flights then sort out accommodation.

Every DIY trip we have done we have booked flights 1st. Just way I prefer to do it.

Thanks for noticing ! I would book it if I were you but then Im impatient !

I am other way, too patient. I always think a better offer might be around the corner.:rotfl2:
Now do we go for the 1 bed villa for £135 per night as we did this year. We are going for 20 nights so thats an extra £700. Still cheaper than AKL or WL in a standard view bedroom.

I know what my wife wants!!! Decisions decisions:)

We just had a studio at OKW this year, more than adequate for the 3 of us. If we go for the deal I have to decide OKW older but larger studio, SSR newer but smaller. Would love to go back to AKL again but would have to be savanah room, not worth the price to me.

suzybear6
10-06-2009, 06:13 AM
I've found the ad..tucked away somewhere on the Disney.co.uk site somewhere :rolleyes: :-
http://wdtc.disneyinternational.com/DisneyWorldOffer/

Only problem is I can't get a quote for OKW or SSR for the dates i want in Oct 2010. Is there a different booking timeline for those resorts? :confused3

Luv Suzy

wayneg
10-06-2009, 06:23 AM
I've found the ad..tucked away somewhere on the Disney.co.uk site somewhere :rolleyes: :-

Only problem is I can't get a quote for OKW or SSR for the dates i want in Oct 2010. Is there a different booking timeline for those resorts? :confused3

Luv Suzy

Thanks for link, couldn't see anything earlier, maybe they have been updating site.

They are saying 47% off this time not 42% even though /night price has gone up from £91 to £100 for our dates. Full rate must have gone up with a bump. Looks like we have until 15 Feb 2010 to book depending on availabilty and then chance of them extending it again.

If dates are not showing it must be either they have not been loaded them into system or sold out.

suzybear6
10-06-2009, 06:40 AM
I can't believe they are sold out this far out when they have got rooms still available in August, but not in September or October..must be that they haven't loaded them onto the system yet I guess :confused3

Oh well, I doubt we'll got for OKW or SSR with two young children...they look too grown up iyswim Maybe one day when the children are older and not wanting big Disney characters all around them! :goodvibes

Luv Suzy

orangetiggs
10-06-2009, 06:48 AM
oh is this on disney??? i checked this morning and it was not on there??

wayneg
10-06-2009, 06:55 AM
oh is this on disney??? i checked this morning and it was not on there??

Just changed thread title to say Disney.co.uk:thumbsup2
See Suzy's post above, her dates are not on for next Oct, might be still loading some dates, definitely there for August and the offer says until 18th Nov so they should be available soon.

Jon G
10-06-2009, 07:06 AM
Is it correct that OKW studios have two double beds instead of the bed and sofa bed combination of SSR.

I cant believe that I didnt go and check out OKW when I was there in August. I think we liked the fact that SSR was so close to DTD.

cantwait!!!!!!!!!!!!
10-06-2009, 07:07 AM
Yes its there for next August but I phoned and on their telephone booking systems they still have the old prices !

wayneg
10-06-2009, 07:10 AM
Is it correct that OKW studios have two double beds instead of the bed and sofa bed combination of SSR.

I cant believe that I didnt go and check out OKW when I was there in August. I think we liked the fact that SSR was so close to DTD.

Yes thats correct, it was the reason we went for OKW, wanted 2 beds & bigger studio than SSR was a bonus.

orangetiggs
10-06-2009, 07:24 AM
found it! so glad its back, wasnt there when i checked at 6:30am this morning!!

wayneg
10-06-2009, 07:28 AM
found it! so glad its back, wasnt there when i checked at 6:30am this morning!!

They will have still been in bed then, have to give them time to wake up.:rotfl2:

orangetiggs
10-06-2009, 07:32 AM
pregnant women dont sleep!!!! they well I think disney!!!!!

TinkTatoo
10-06-2009, 07:36 AM
I can't see it working for us as we have AP's so don't really want to spend £800 on 14 day park tickets

wayneg
10-06-2009, 07:46 AM
I can't see it working for us as we have AP's so don't really want to spend £800 on 14 day park tickets

We had AP last year, couldn't have fallen better for us as they expired a few days before our August trip. Decided to take the free DDP offer and buy 21 day tix. Glad we did as I can't see us getting back before next August now( GCSE year)

Some AP holders have taken the offer and managed to get Disney to give the, hard tickets on arrival rather than putting on KTTW card. Then sold them.
At least one person has managed to upgraded the tickets included in the deal to AP's but many others have said its not possible.

You have to weigh up all options, this August we added up the DDP we got free and it came to $2,409. Room for 16 nights cost us $2,200(£1400) + £750 for 3x 21 day tix.

wayneg
10-06-2009, 07:48 AM
Here is the thread about upgrading to AP, read Babyboo's posts. We didn't bother trying.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2171318

Chilly
10-06-2009, 08:09 AM

I've got APs as well. Not sure what to do.

Clare D
10-06-2009, 08:11 AM
Thanks for the heads up Wayne on the offer. I have been checking daily and was pleased to see it back today. I too am looking at October with dates either side of the school holidays so fingers crossed that these come on soon. It will just then be a choice between which resort and whether a 1 bed villa or not.
This year we did POR and the room was a tad on the small side as we left the buggy up so it was packed ready for the parks the next day.
Fingers crossed Oct comes on soon otherwise we may go later in August instead.

disney_princess_85
10-06-2009, 09:35 AM
Hmm, I think the site is all over the place today, with these new additions. I was just pricing up for our trip next September and it appears that Free Dining has disappeared from the bit where you select your hotel! Oh dear. Hopefully it will be back soon.

burt
10-06-2009, 09:36 AM
Good spot Wayne, unfortunatley because we are 2 adults 3 children we cant book the 1 bedroom it has to be the 2 bedroom and even with the discount its still way over the top for us - but im sure this will be a bargain for some people.

Unless of course you want one of our kids in with you Wayne :rotfl2:

wayneg
10-06-2009, 10:00 AM
Unless of course you want one of our kids in with you Wayne :rotfl2:

Your lad would eat me of house and home:rotfl2:. I have enough with mine thanks.

burt
10-06-2009, 10:28 AM
Your lad would eat me of house and home:rotfl2:. I have enough with mine thanks.

Yeah we thought you having Craig was a good idea, You could train him up on how to fill the Dole whip cup up :rotfl2:

So the big question is - Will this offer tempt you to do onsite again ?

WiganTony
10-06-2009, 10:37 AM
Thanks for the heads up. We've already booked 5 nights in August, and were considering adding a few additional nights to our booking when the previous offer was pulled. However, may be on the phone to Disney later this week......

wayneg
10-06-2009, 10:39 AM
Yeah we thought you having Craig was a good idea, You could train him up on how to fill the Dole whip cup up :rotfl2:

So the big question is - Will this offer tempt you to do onsite again ?

Matt 100% wants to do onsite, I missed offsite but enjoyed OKW, Karen is on the fence, as long as she is in Florida anywhere is good.
OKW/SSR £100/night + $10 internet. DDP very restrictive.

Offsite around £35/night for hotel with free internet, food around $80-90/day + $14 parking if we don't buy AP's. Not tied and a more relaxing holiday.
Money wise nothing in it. Possibly a split stay but hate moving hotels. Maybe it will be down to tossing a coin.

fairytale
10-06-2009, 10:51 AM
I can't believe they are sold out this far out when they have got rooms still available in August, but not in September or October..must be that they haven't loaded them onto the system yet I guess :confused3

Oh well, I doubt we'll got for OKW or SSR with two young children...they look too grown up iyswim Maybe one day when the children are older and not wanting big Disney characters all around them! :goodvibes

Luv Suzy

We took up on this offer back in April for next October, 2010.

Exactly the same as to what is been offered now. 42% off plus free dining.

I'd already booked next years holiday before I'd even gone on this one, I sure hope we like SSR as were back there again next year ;)

I reckon they will release more dates as the offer goes on.:thumbsup2

aaronandterri
10-06-2009, 11:12 AM
i was trying to put in my dates on the us site link for the 1000$ giftcard promotion to compare against free dining offer quote but it keeps redirecting me to the uk site and doing free dining instead!!

wayneg
10-06-2009, 11:26 AM
i was trying to put in my dates on the us site link for the 1000$ giftcard promotion to compare against free dining offer quote but it keeps redirecting me to the uk site and doing free dining instead!!

Both offers are on Disney.co.uk not .com
Thru this link

Details of both offers here

FREE Disney Gift Card
for arrivals 3 Jan - 18 May 2010BOOK NOW!Book your dream Walt Disney World holiday before 15 February 2010, for arrivals 3 January - 18 May 2010, and we’ll give you a Disney Gift Card worth up to $1,000 when you stay at a selected Disney Resort Hotel. Offer requires a minimum stay of 14 nights including Disney’s Ultimate Tickets.
Stay at a Disney Value Resort and receive a $350 USD Disney Gift CardStay at a Disney Moderate Resort and receive a $550 USD Disney Gift CardStay at a Disney Deluxe Resort and receive a $750 USD Disney Gift CardStay at a Disney Deluxe Villa Resort and receive a $1000 USD Disney Gift Card

FREE Disney Dining Plan
for stays 1 Aug - 18 Nov 2010 Book your magical Walt Disney World holiday before 2 August 2010, for stays 1 August - 18 November 2010, and you'll enjoy FREE Disney dining. Make your booking for a minimum of 5 nights including tickets, and everyone in the party dines for free for your whole holiday.
Receive Disney Quick (Counter) Service Dining Plan when you stay at a selected Disney Moderate Resort, ORReceive Disney Dining Plan when you stay at a selected Disney Deluxe ResortPLUS SAVE 47% on selected Walt Disney World Resort Hotels!

disney_princess_85
10-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Both offers are on Disney.co.uk not .com
Thru this link

Both deals are pretty decent. It's nice to see that more people are going to benefit from their special offers, depending on what time of year they go.

I just clicked your link Wayne and it's still not showing me Free Dining for my dates (10-24 Sept.)! The site must be having an off-day!! I guess I'll try again later this week. :laughing:

orangetiggs
10-06-2009, 12:33 PM
well we are all booked!!!! cant wait now, we decided to go onto my oarents booking and now we are getting a 2 bed villa at ssr for cheaper than what it would cost us to get a 1 bed so i'm very pleased.

aaronandterri
10-06-2009, 12:38 PM
im glad it came back i was thinking of booking when it got pulled last time early...now i need to decide to book or wait....im waiting for my sons school to confirm there canada sking trip dates its in august and he rearly wants to go.....maybe ill ring them tomorow!

howlongtillsummer?
10-06-2009, 03:03 PM
Get it booked guys!!!

We booked it a few months ago and I think it is a hard to beat deal!

Just think of all the UK disers who will be at OKW / SSR :cool1:

Really, really, really glad it came back on, without you all we wouldn't have booked it...come on...you know you are worth it! :cloud9:

LorraineH
10-06-2009, 03:06 PM
Just checked our dates for next August discounted down to £100/night again + free DDP.

Now do I book before finding flights?

Wayne!!!

I had EXACTLY the same question for you a few months ago when I first noticed this offer for OKW next year.....!!

I cant afford more than £400 for flights (there are 3 of us, my DS 16 (also GCSE year!! Woohooo!!) and my DD13. Happy to go indirect!!

You encouraged me to go for it, and watch the flight prices like crazy!! So I booked and have been checking KAYAK daily!!

And now Im telling YOU to go for it!!

And I'll see you next August in OKW!!!!

Lorraine

disney_princess_85
10-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Hmm, the 1-bedroom villa at SSR is looking rather inviting... Could anyone tell me if I'd be able to book this at the discounted price along with free DDP? I know you can combine offers, I'm just not sure if that's only valid for the studio rooms.

wayneg
10-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Hmm, the 1-bedroom villa at SSR is looking rather inviting... Could anyone tell me if I'd be able to book this at the discounted price along with free DDP? I know you can combine offers, I'm just not sure if that's only valid for the studio rooms.

All size rooms are available with the combined offer.

Cyrano
10-06-2009, 05:08 PM
I was scared to follow the link now that we have paid a fair bit towards our Virgin Holiday.
As a family of 5 we need the 2 bed villa at SSR. Came out at £3,969 for 3 weeks or £2,646 for 2 weeks.

Sounds like a few could get a bargain out of this. Good post :thumbsup2

DISWolves
10-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Just booked!!!! :yay::yay::yay:
7 - 28th August - OKW - DDP :banana::banana:

Now just waiting for Wayne to sort us some decent flights :lmao:
And then a DIS meet :rotfl:

Time for a new ticker !!

wayneg
10-06-2009, 05:18 PM

Time for a new ticker !!

:dance3::banana::yay::woohoo::cool1::cheer2:

Might be neighbours for 3 weeks.:rotfl2:
Get the beers in:thumbsup2

burt
10-06-2009, 07:01 PM

Time for a new ticker !!

Great news Nigel - bet your counting the days already - you fitting a cruise in anywhere?:cool1:

disney_princess_85
10-06-2009, 07:07 PM
All size rooms are available with the combined offer.

Excellent news, thank you Wayne! :thumbsup2

I can't wait to book now, DBF and I just need to wait until our holidays are cleared at work. Sigh!

:woohoo: for everyone who's managed to book so far!

DISWolves
10-07-2009, 01:30 AM
:dance3::banana::yay::woohoo::cool1::cheer2:

Might be neighbours for 3 weeks.:rotfl2:
Get the beers in:thumbsup2

Does this mean you have booked? .

Great news Nigel - bet your counting the days already - you fitting a cruise in anywhere?:cool1:
Not yet, but you never know what our Yorkshire travel agent will come up with! :lmao:
[

The Real Cinderella
10-07-2009, 03:48 AM
would love to book a nice week for me and dh but Im worried about flights- what is the average flight price for august- wont' it be really high because of summer hols??

wayneg
10-07-2009, 04:02 AM
Does this mean you have booked? .

[
Not yet, If Matt had his way we would have been booked yesterday.
Sorting flights 1st, don't think the offer will go short term. Then its OKW or SSR.:confused3

would love to book a nice week for me and dh but Im worried about flights- what is the average flight price for august- wont' it be really high because of summer hols??

Getting good prices for August is a nightmare, all down to waiting for the right offer. I have seen people paying upto about £850pp for direct personally I have a £500 limit, £400 for indirect. Always managed in past years but its getting harder every year. This Aug myself, burt and a few more on here got Biz class for around £450, doubt that will happen again again.

burt
10-07-2009, 04:44 AM
Not yet, but you never know what our Yorkshire travel agent will come up with! :lmao:
[

Im sure Egg Travel will find you a bargain - not sure if hes ABTA approved though :rotfl2:

Getting good prices for August is a nightmare, all down to waiting for the right offer. I have seen people paying upto about £850pp for direct personally I have a £500 limit, £400 for indirect. Always managed in past years but its getting harder every year. This Aug myself, burt and a few more on here got Biz class for around £450, doubt that will happen again again.

You set the bench mark last year Wayne - The kids are expecting buisness class for £450 again lol, the pressure is on !!:rotfl:

ford family
10-07-2009, 04:48 AM
Wayne, have you factored in the increase in government duty? Year over year prices are going to be naturally higher and there is a limit to how much the airlines can absorb.

ford family

wayneg
10-07-2009, 05:13 AM
Im sure Egg Travel will find you a bargain - not sure if hes ABTA approved though :rotfl2:

You set the bench mark last year Wayne - The kids are expecting buisness class for £450 again lol, the pressure is on !!:rotfl:
:rotfl2:
They have to be my best bargain yet, although I was gutted some managed as low as £400, ours cost £465. Would pay a little more now I have experienced it.:thumbsup2

Wayne, have you factored in the increase in government duty? Year over year prices are going to be naturally higher and there is a limit to how much the airlines can absorb.
ford family

I appreciate prices are increasing but they are still OTT for Early August. Just looked now anyone that can go 22nd August for 2 weeks can go for £365, would be happy with that.

wayneg
10-07-2009, 05:16 AM
Or even cheaper from London on the 23rd for 2 weeks £340

suzybear6
10-07-2009, 06:03 AM

WOW that's cheap! Is that a direct flight? Wish we could go then :sad2:

Any thoughts on what would be a good price for a direct flight at the end of Oct (2010) would be? - just so I can work out what would be a good deal or not when the flights come out :confused3

Luv Suzy

wayneg
10-07-2009, 06:10 AM
WOW that's cheap! Is that a direct flight? Wish we could go then :sad2:

Any thoughts on what would be a good price for a direct flight at the end of Oct (2010) would be? - just so I can work out what would be a good deal or not when the flights come out :confused3

Luv Suzy

No, that is indirect, same dates direct would be £432pp

Not followed Oct flights for a few years. We went last year(Oct half term) but only because I happened to see a deal, £240 indirect. I wasn't watching the prices.

suzybear6
10-07-2009, 06:23 AM
At £240 I would seriously consider indirect!:rotfl2:

Luv Suzy

The Real Cinderella
10-07-2009, 06:32 AM
oh dear it's too tempting.

Just a week though including flights and ddp comes in at nearly 2k for the two of us. Plus we'd have to drive down 6 hrs to london etc to fly

zippy99
10-07-2009, 06:40 AM
This offer sold us on our choice. Our son is Tennis player so we had got the boat from POFQ > DTD > OKW a couple of times during our holiday in Sep so that we could play Tennis.

Personally, I like being close to DTD, we were looking to to CBR/CSR or POFQ again - but with this offer and the saving on not having to upgrade our dining it is perfect!

I called Complete Orlando, who will take pre bookings on the SSR & OKW on October dates (as they are not officially released) I am going to call Disney this lunch time to see when I can book with them.

We are looking 23rd Oct - 6th Nov (hopefully cheaper flights then too)

orangetiggs
10-07-2009, 06:44 AM
zippy- complete orlando are still not atol protected so make sure they have their license beofre you book incase anything happens to them

zippy99
10-07-2009, 07:06 AM
zippy- complete orlando are still not atol protected so make sure they have their license beofre you book incase anything happens to them

I saw your post - so indeed would not book until they are covered (also on August dates Disney come in £56 pounds cheaper - so will presume it follows suit for October so will probably book disney anyway)

marypops!
10-07-2009, 08:57 AM

Hi Wayne,
Could you tell me who these flights are with/through please?
We don't know whether to go in Aug again, or leave it untill Oct.
Cheers:thumbsup2

Jules x

Back on G's account, not sure why this keeps happening! I log in as Me!!

disney_princess_85
10-07-2009, 09:07 AM
Hmm, just been doing some dummy bookings and Free Dining still isn't showing up for my dates (or any dates- I tried a few variations). When I get to the booking page, DDP hasn't automatically been added so I select the regular plan from the list. At this point, an additional £700+ is added to the total!! I want to book next week sometime so I hope this glitch is sorted out soon. Has anyone else had the same problem?

orangetiggs
10-07-2009, 09:10 AM
what dates are you looking at?

i know when we called yesterday the prices on the system was not showing the 42% off it was only giving the call centre 20% off

disney_princess_85
10-07-2009, 09:26 AM
what dates are you looking at?

i know when we called yesterday the prices on the system was not showing the 42% off it was only giving the call centre 20% off

Sept. 10-24. It appears to be showing me the 47% off, just not the Free DDP. Actually, there is nothing said about the discount so maybe it's not been applied, I just assumed it had because it seemed pretty cheap.

orangetiggs
10-07-2009, 09:28 AM
how weird i just done those dates and its showing for ssr

Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Studio from 10th September 2010 - 24th September 2010

2 Adults
Disney's 14 Day Ultimate Ticket
2 x Disney's 14 Day Ultimate Ticket (Ages 10 and Up)
Disney Dining Plan
2 x Disney Dining Plan (Ages 10 and Up)

Book now and enjoy FREE dining worth £755.72!
Magical Extras
EARmails Service

Disney Store Merchandise Discount at disneystore.co.uk

Niki Bryan Spa Discount

Walt Disney World Marina Discounts

Preferred Fireworks Viewing for Wishes™ Fireworks at the Magic Kingdom® Park

Preferred Fireworks Viewing for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth at Epcot®

Planet Hollywood® Dining Certificate

Planet Hollywood® Souvenir Merchandise Keepsake

One round of Miniature Golf
If you have a promotional or voucher code please enter it here:Recalculate Price

disney_princess_85
10-07-2009, 09:54 AM
how weird i just done those dates and its showing for ssr

Oh! It obviously doesn't like me. :rotfl: All I did was put the dates in on the homepage and went from there, so I don't know why it's not working for me. I'll try it a different way and see what happens. Thanks for checking! :thumbsup2

orangetiggs
10-07-2009, 09:58 AM
thats all i did and it came up with all the hotels i clicked on ssr and then just went through it, it does give you the price for the ddp but says its free in red writing

disney_princess_85
10-07-2009, 10:06 AM
thats all i did and it came up with all the hotels i clicked on ssr and then just went through it, it does give you the price for the ddp but says its free in red writing

I've figured out the problem- I got the same results as you did when I chose hotel+tickets, rather than a flight-inclusive holiday (which is what we want). I'm a bit anxious now! These offers are valid for flight-inclusive trips aren't they?

orangetiggs
10-07-2009, 10:09 AM
yes i checked that this morning and for what we wanted they wanted over 7000 for us all with flights so would rather get flights on their own as so much cheaper than a package

disney_princess_85
10-07-2009, 10:16 AM
yes i checked that this morning and for what we wanted they wanted over 7000 for us all with flights so would rather get flights on their own as so much cheaper than a package

:scared1: We've considered buying our flights separately but we're a bit worried that we'll get caught out and have to pay a fortune for them. Not sure what to do really.

For a flight-inclusive holiday in a villa at SSR, it's giving me £2200 per person (with tickets). Does this price include the Free DDP, even though it's not mentioned anywhere (I'm guessing there's a glitch in the system)? I don't fancy ringing Disney UK and have them tell me it's twice as much!

orangetiggs
10-07-2009, 10:19 AM
not sure to be honest with you, dont price up packages as I know i will get flights cheaper

at the moment virgin are doing flights in early sept as rest is not out yet for around 400 each in economy

Virgin holidays flydrive for 2 adults with no insurance on the car so just the free car is over 1400 for 2 of us so booking the flights seperately is much cheaper.

This year was the first time I did it all myself and wont go back to package as there are always deals on flights

disney_princess_85
10-07-2009, 10:21 AM
not sure to be honest with you, dont price up packages as I know i will get flights cheaper

at the moment virgin are doing flights in early sept as rest is not out yet for around 400 each in economy

Virgin holidays flydrive for 2 adults with no insurance on the car so just the free car is over 1400 for 2 of us so booking the flights seperately is much cheaper.

This year was the first time I did it all myself and wont go back to package as there are always deals on flights

Interesting to know, thanks. This is definitely something for me to consider. From a rough calculation I've just done it looks like we could save approx. £500 each if we go DIY.

orangetiggs
10-07-2009, 10:24 AM
and thats more spending money for disney!!!

I think they inflate the flight prices for packages and I used to work for a well known travel agent and VA and only now I am realising this!

Good Luck with what you choose to do but alot on here DIY and have no problems, that gave me the courage to do it this year and we will next year

wayneg
10-07-2009, 10:32 AM
Hi Wayne,
Could you tell me who these flights are with/through please?
We don't know whether to go in Aug again, or leave it untill Oct.
Cheers:thumbsup2

Jules x

Back on G's account, not sure why this keeps happening! I log in as Me!!

They are with KLM to Amsterdam them Martinair to Orlando international. Now £352pp on Opodo.co.uk
Direct was with Continental.com but flying on Virgin plane. £432pp
Not looked at all sites or dates, could be cheaper elsewhere this was a very quick search.

For the Flight inclusive prices on Disney they are crazy for our dates. Hotel and tickets £2,877 add flights £6,595. £3,718 just for 3 economy flights, £1,239pp :scared1: same flight with Virgin direct £789(still about £250 more than I will pay) So £450pp more to buy the flight inclusive compared to buying seperate.

thelittlemermaid83
10-07-2009, 10:49 AM
I saw a advert today advertising $1000 gift card, not sure if thats been mentioned.

marypops!
10-07-2009, 10:50 AM
They are with KLM to Amsterdam them Martinair to Orlando international. Now £352pp on Opodo.co.uk
Direct was with Continental.com but flying on Virgin plane. £432pp
Not looked at all sites or dates, could be cheaper elsewhere this was a very quick search.

For the Flight inclusive prices on Disney they are crazy for our dates. Hotel and tickets £2,877 add flights £6,595. £3,718 just for 3 economy flights, £1,239pp :scared1: same flight with Virgin direct £789(still about £250 more than I will pay) So £450pp more to buy the flight inclusive compared to buying seperate.

:eek: We have vouchers to use from USAirways, so will probably have to look at their prices first. I wanted to use them to go to NY, but they don't fly direct, and the flight times where something like 17hours! As we were only planning on going for a few days, I couldn't cope with the jetlag!!

Thanks, Wayne,

Jules x

disney_princess_85
10-07-2009, 10:51 AM
I think they inflate the flight prices for packages and I used to work for a well known travel agent and VA and only now I am realising this!

It's shocking how big the markup is for the package holidays, I didn't realise it was so much difference! You live and learn I suppose.

I'm guessing £400-£500 for a direct flight is pretty average for September, if booked in advance? I'm talking about Virgin by the way, as we'd like to fly direct. Could anyone please tell me when the rest of the September flights are due to be released?

wayneg
10-07-2009, 11:00 AM
I saw a advert today advertising $1000 gift card, not sure if thats been mentioned.
Thread here about it I started yesterday:thumbsup2 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2302095
It's shocking how big the markup is for the package holidays, I didn't realise it was so much difference! You live and learn I suppose.

I'm guessing £400-£500 for a direct flight is pretty average for September, if booked in advance? I'm talking about Virgin by the way, as we'd like to fly direct. Could anyone please tell me when the rest of the September flights are due to be released?

Always check package prices, you never know.
Last Xmas we did a Virgin package, flights & hotel £580pp flight only never dropped much below £900(direct with VA), never known flight only be so expensive.
flights are released 330 days in advance. If you want to return say end of Sept then you need to start looking end of Oct.

disney_princess_85
10-07-2009, 11:05 AM
If you want to return say end of Sept then you need to start looking end of Oct.

Thanks! :thumbsup2

thelittlemermaid83
10-07-2009, 11:06 AM
Thread here about it I started yesterday:thumbsup2 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2302095

:thumbsup2

WiganTony
10-07-2009, 03:28 PM
:eek: We have vouchers to use from USAirways, so will probably have to look at their prices first. I wanted to use them to go to NY, but they don't fly direct, and the flight times where something like 17hours! As we were only planning on going for a few days, I couldn't cope with the jetlag!!

Thanks, Wayne,

Jules x

Philadelphia is only around 100 miles from NY which is where the US Airways flights from Manchester/Birmingham and presumably Heathrow go to. There is a train service from Philadelphia to New York, or you could do a couple of one-way car rentals. We are looking at visiting NY for a few days before travelling on to Orlando, and are hoping to use bmi miles on US Airways rather than paying the excessive fares currently being quoted.

And thanks Wayne again for the heads-up on OKW/SSR prices - just added an extra two nights to our booking for August with free DDP - now just need the flight prices to come down!!

marypops!
10-07-2009, 04:40 PM
Philadelphia is only around 100 miles from NY which is where the US Airways flights from Manchester/Birmingham and presumably Heathrow go to. There is a train service from Philadelphia to New York, or you could do a couple of one-way car rentals. We are looking at visiting NY for a few days before travelling on to Orlando, and are hoping to use bmi miles on US Airways rather than paying the excessive fares currently being quoted.

And thanks Wayne again for the heads-up on OKW/SSR prices - just added an extra two nights to our booking for August with free DDP - now just need the flight prices to come down!!

Thanks, that's interesting to know. Anyone know what NY is like in August??!

Jules x

suzybear6
10-08-2009, 06:34 AM
Thanks, that's interesting to know. Anyone know what NY is like in August??!

Jules x

HOT :lmao:

But managable, or it was at least when I was there in August 1994 (just before I went to WDW for the first time :) )

Also I went to NY on a train from Philadelphia...it was brilliant arriving at Grand Central Station...better than flying in to an airport I reckon :goodvibes

Luv Suzy

iluvtot
10-08-2009, 08:59 AM
HOT :lmao:

But managable, or it was at least when I was there in August 1994 (just before I went to WDW for the first time :) )

Also I went to NY on a train from Philadelphia...it was brilliant arriving at Grand Central Station...better than flying in to an airport I reckon :goodvibes

Luv Suzy

Sounds amazing!:goodvibes
Only prob, I was looking at flights to Philly with US Airways, and they were all via Charlotte; which is really odd as we flew via Philly in Aug!!

Oh! another question:goodvibes Which airport is the best to fly to if we do decide to fly direct to NY?

Thanks!

Jules x

stephensmum
10-09-2009, 02:54 PM
Not yet, If Matt had his way we would have been booked yesterday.
Sorting flights 1st, don't think the offer will go short term. Then its OKW or SSR.:confused3

Hi Wayne, thanks for the info. We want to book the offer again but like you want to sort flights first. Are you doing the cruise again?

wayneg
10-09-2009, 03:14 PM
Hi Wayne, thanks for the info. We want to book the offer again but like you want to sort flights first. Are you doing the cruise again?

Hi Sharon.
No cruise next year. They are only doing 3 & 4 night cruises as The Magic is in Europe next August. When I priced up a 4 night cruise it was same price as we paid for 7 this year so not paying it.
If all goes to plan next crusie will be May 2011 to Alaska, when we saw Disney were offering Alaksa that year we thought we would use them but they are sailing Tuesday to Tuesday from Vancouver, not possible to do with Matt only having 1 week off college so we are looking at another cruiseline Saturday to Saturday possibly from Seattle.