PDA

View Full Version : The Search for My Wits: a Solo TR - 7/13 UD

LegoMom3
10-04-2009, 04:37 PM
"I have been chosen. Farewell, my friends. I go to a better place."

The time has come, at long last....

for my solo trip to Walt Disney World!!!!

:woohoo:

Well, the planning of it, anyway.

When you're a SAHM to three active boys and also happen to home school, 60 seconds alone in the bathroom is a luxury.... A long weekend away is heaven on earth!:lovestruc

I am also married to THE BEST man on earth, as he is willing to grant me this time away to find and gather my wits. Keeping in mind we have three boys, you know they'll have a major "guy's weekend" at the same time I'm off smelling roses and having tea and doing all sorts of other girlie-girl stuff (which is unusual for me since I would not describe myself as a girlie-girl). I'm also reminded of the recent tv spot for the minivan, where the mom is sitting inside in her robe, chatting with her BFF of the phone, doing her nails and such....and she tells the camera that her husband likes her to spend time in the van because it makes her more relaxed and she gets less headaches.....:rolleyes1 So it wouldn't be fair to say that my darling DH is entirely innocent in his granting my time away for a Disney solo.:lmao:

This magical journey to solo bliss will begin in May. And, it happens to fall over Mother's Day weekend, which is apropos. Or not, depending on your point of view....after all, I wouldn't be a mother without kids, but yet I'm celebrating Mother's Day, in Disney World, without them.

Discuss....

:rotfl:

Originally this trip was going to happen in January (I actually started this PTR back in October, which explains the oddly-placed comment that follows this post!). Then I moved it up to late August, hoping for Free Dining again. Finally, after watching the "Yard Crashers" episode on DIY Network where they went to the Epcot Flower & Garden Festival, the little gears in my head suddenly starting turning. I knew Disney was offering some discounts for spring travel, so a few mouse-clicks and some Fuzzy Disney Math and voila!....I now have a May trip and will get to see the F & G Festival! It's also a good way to "convince" the kids that they would be bored on such a trip and explain why mom is going alone.

Yeah, right.

You know, there are LOTS of TRs and PTRs on the DIS boards. I would be honored if you chose to follow along with mine.:flower3: I like to think I have some talent in writing, but I'm also pretty good with the camera so I do promise that if you stick around, your eyes will be treated to some pretty nice photographic pixie dust (more so in the TR that follows, but I'll toss some in here now and then as a teaser....:rolleyes:).

And so it begins......

Chapters to follow here:

-----------------------------------------------

Great!...Now I have guilt! (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=33825250&postcount=2)
Don't Forget to Pack.... (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=35801037&postcount=9)
And in case you get hungry... (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=36166485&postcount=13)
Caution: Mom on Vacation (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=36309423&postcount=26)
You did WHAT??! (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=36392110&postcount=31)
Six more sleeps!!! (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=36498155&postcount=35)
Segway (no, not the ride) (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=36645544&postcount=51)
It's HERE! (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=36755558&postcount=57)
Is this food legal?? (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=36814293&postcount=66)
Is this food legal?? - Part 2 (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=36814307&postcount=67)
The Best Mother's Day EVER!!! (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=37000124&postcount=78)
The Best Mother's Day EVER!!! - Part 2 (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=37260582&postcount=82)
My Inner-Commando Takes Over -- Part 1 (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=37365706&postcount=86)

LegoMom3
10-04-2009, 04:40 PM
Woo-HOO!!!!!!!!! Mama's writin' another PTR!:banana:

This PTR is unique for me in that I have never, ever written a PTR for a SOLO trip!! Can I write for 2 months, about a trip that is shorter than the norm and only involves one person?!....

You betcha, baby!:thumbsup2

This is my long-awaited solo trip to the World. Pure heaven. I can hardly slow my mind down long enough to get the thoughts straight! So much to do!.....no taking a vote on anything!....Where to go?...what to eat?!...who to meet??!! (which kind of begs the question....is it weird to be a solo adult and still want your pic taken with the characters?....). I can hear some of you now – You're a mom, and you're going without your kids??! Why YES!...as a matter of fact I am!

Do I feel the least bit of guilt? Why yes, as a matter of fact, I do.... You can't help it. If my kids didn't care much for Disney (oh perish the thought!!) it would be different. But they love it. Totally and completely. As of this writing they don't know about Mom's little get-away. I intend to put off that news as long as possible! But they've been before and they'll go again. This is Mom's trip.

This trip is my chance to see the magic in my own way, to take in details that I never have time to stop and see when my family is with me. To do whatever I want, on my own schedule. The only thing I can tell you without a doubt that I will not be doing is sleeping in!....lol! I'm looking forward more than ever to those early morning coffee walks. Of course I won't be at Port Orleans Riverside this time...but all Disney resorts offer their own flavor of the Disney magic so I don't expect to be disappointed by my walks around Pop. It'll just be different.

But I'm ready for different. So, so ready....!

creativeamanda
10-04-2009, 10:13 PM
Woo-HOO!!!!!!!!! Momma's writin' another PTR!:banana:

And I'm first! :banana::banana::banana:

This PTR is unique for me in three ways: 1) I have never started a PTR more than 2 months out from the trip; 2) I have never written one at this time of year, so I have no idea how the anticipation of a Disney trip will mesh with all the holidays going on at the same time; and 3) I have never, ever written a PTR for a SOLO trip!!

Oh, you are gonna have fun planning something just for you! I promise!

Can I write for a longer period of time, about a trip that is shorter than the norm and only involves one person?!....

I'll be ahead of you, so I'll show you how.

This is my long-awaited solo trip to the World. Pure heaven. I can hardly slow my mind down long enough to get the thoughts straight! So much to do!.....no taking a vote on anything!....Where to go?...what to eat?!...who to meet??!! (which kind of begs the question....is it weird to be a solo adult and still want your pic taken with the characters?....). I can hear some of you now – You're a mom, and you're going without your kids??! Why YES!...as a matter of fact I am!

Uhm, no, it's not weird. It's perfectly normal. Yeah--Normal! I said it.

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it. :rolleyes1

Do I feel the least bit of guilt? Why yes, as a matter of fact, I do.... You can't help it. If my kids didn't care much for Disney (oh perish the thought!!) it would be different. But they love it. Totally and completely. As of this writing they don't know about Mom's little get-away. I intend to put off that news as long as possible! But they've been before and they'll go again. This is Mom's trip. And in my defense, we already have a reservation for Thanksgiving next year.

That makes it all better--knowing there's a plan for everyone else in the near future.

This trip is my chance to see the magic in my own way, to take in details that I never have time to stop and see when my family is with me. To do whatever I want, on my own schedule. The only thing I can tell you without a doubt that I will not be doing is sleeping in!....lol! I'm looking forward more than ever to those early morning coffee walks. Of course I won't be at Port Orleans Riverside this time...but all Disney resorts offer their own flavor of the Disney magic so I don't expect to be disappointed by my walks around Pop. It'll just be different.

Pop Century truly is a fun resort! You will enjoy it--we did!

Congrats on the solo trip! You deserve it, Legomom! :thumbsup2 (uh--I almost blasted out your real name on the Dis, lol) :rotfl2:

LegoMom3
03-07-2010, 11:09 AM
I just realized that due to the original date on this puppy, it's still waaaaay back in the archives, despite my recent update.

So I'm "commenting" on myself to knock it back up!

As you were....pirate:

creativeamanda
03-07-2010, 11:12 AM
I just realized that due to the original date on this puppy, it's still waaaaay back in the archives, despite my recent update.

So I'm "commenting" on myself to knock it back up!

As you were....pirate:

Is the "oddly placed comment my comment? I was just follwoing the new rule. (Which is probably an old rule by now, so does that make it the old new rule?)

I wanna see the flower and garden festival, so you better take plenty of pictures, missy.

ETA: and once in a while we should comment on ourselves.

(Plus I needed to fix a "typing in the dark snafu")

TarzansKat
03-07-2010, 11:14 AM
Now this is something I need to be part of. Going back to read. :goodvibes

TarzansKat
03-07-2010, 11:16 AM
Is it wrong that for Mother's Day all I really want is my husband to take my son out to breakfast and give me a few hours of peace? :lmao:

So I'm down with the Disney solo trip, believe me. :thumbsup2

creativeamanda
03-07-2010, 11:21 AM
Is it wrong that for Mother's Day all I really want is my husband to take my son out to breakfast and give me a few hours of peace? :lmao:

So I'm down with the Disney solo trip, believe me. :thumbsup2

No, I'd say it's not wrong. I feel the same way.

LegoMom3
03-12-2010, 12:24 PM
"I'm packing your extra pair of shoes, and your angry eyes just in case."

Aahhh, packing. I think people either love it and can't wait to start (even though their trip is still 412 days away....) or they hate it and are frantically stuffing things into suitcases the night before their 6:00am flight. I would say I fall into the first category and have to hold myself back. Now granted, my trip is now officially less than two months away :banana:, but I simply cannot start packing just yet. Mostly. Sort of.

People who love to pack usually also have a bit of a love affair with luggage. Brand names, matching sets...the whole nine yards. I'm not much of a brand-name person myself, but I did find this little gem at Walmart:rolleyes1

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/100_2384.jpg

For short trips I do not like to check bags. I have become a master at fitting everything I need into one carry-on. It's a challenge, not unlike trying to make the Size 6 pants fit after the holidays.....Actually, I don't wear a size 6 anymore, but I digress. Anywho, when I saw this nifty little piece on the shelf at the store, the bright red color caught my eye. (I like colors. Black is for the timid. Be bold! Be wild!) But my good fortune did not end there, my friends, for tucked neatly away inside this bag, I found....

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/100_2385.jpg

If there are luggage angels or you-just-scored-a-deal angels, they sang. Inside the already-cool rolling carry-on were a smaller duffel type bag and a cosmetic case! I'm so buying souvenirs on this trip.

And yes, I have started filling my lovely red bag. All my little travel-sized toiletries (LOVE those!) are already in the cosmetic case. And my official Disney poncho is neatly folded and in the front zipper compartment. And....well, that's it, really. But it's a start! And rest assured, I will pack anything and everything I could possibly need, for 4 days, into two little red bags: shirts, shorts, sweatshirt, toiletries, guide books, an extra pair of shoes....

Oh, and my angry eyes.....just in case. ;)

cmp1111
03-12-2010, 02:29 PM
I totally get it. I'm a SAHM with twin boys. I don't homeschool, but my DH is a pilot, so I am often the only adult around for days at a time. I often want a day to myself for Mother's Day - a weekend at WDW sounds great! :thumbsup2

TarzansKat
03-13-2010, 04:09 PM
Love, love, love the red luggage. And the interior bags were just a bonus!

Nice job. :thumbsup2

kimmar067
03-14-2010, 08:56 PM
.....oooooooh, Walmart - you went 'all out'....

LegoMom3
04-08-2010, 09:52 AM
Mrs. Potato Head:...And if you get hungry, here's some cheese puffs and a key. I don't know what it's for, but you never know.... And crayons in case you get bored, and some blue Play-Doh ..... And a dime, call me, and monkey chow.

Mr. Potato Head: Monkey chow? For what?

Mrs. Potato Head: Well, for the monkeys, of course! Come on, monkeys!

This is it!.....the food chapter!!!! :banana::banana:

Now in the past, our trips have been in September for Free Dining, and, especially with a week's worth of ADRs to decide on and make, there was always something food-related about the trip. I'm a little concerned with myself for still being so ramped up over the food, on my little 4-day solo, that only involves one ADR! (well, technically two, but one isn't a “meal” per se). But I'm on the Quick Service plan this trip, and yes, I'm still thinking (intently....) about the places I'd like to eat while I'm in the World.
So. Sad. :sad2:

I mean, who gets this excited about the food part of a Walt Disney World trip?! Honestly....! Well, um....I do. :flower3: I think it may have something to do with the fact that at home, we don't eat out all that often. So I'm not spoiled and eating out remains a treat. Eating out at Disney is an extra-special treat, and is, in my little world, a reason to get ramped up!!

So without further ado, allow me to delve into the food planning part of my trip!.....

Day 1 – Arrival Day: Assuming I have no delays anywhere, I should be at my resort and ready to head to the parks by 1:00-1:30pm. I plan to spend this day in Epcot, and I have a mid-afternoon ADR at San Angel Inn in Mexico. This is one of two out-of-pocket meals I'm doing. I love the inside of this pavilion and am really looking forward to this meal! The pictures I've seen of the restaurant make the tables appear a bit close together, so I'm not sure how that will be with me dining solo, but hopefully I'll be seated in a corner somewhere and not smack between two large groups!:scared: If I'm suitably hungry by the time I return to the resort at night, I would like to try the food court. Really??, you ask. Why, yes! Truth be told, I love those little individual pizzas that you get at the Disney resort food courts. Not decided on the Tie-Dyed Cheesecake yet....I love me some cheesecake, but all that intense food coloring.....not so much. Double-chocolate cake on the other hand!!!.....wow.

Day 2 – Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom: Ok, there is really only one thing to say about counter-service and AK – Flame Tree BBQ, baby!!!! Woot! On my family's last trip, I was all jazzed about eating here and the day we ended up there...... I wasn't hungry!!! :headache:. Ugh.... So, I'm all fired up again and will be sure that I'm fairly starving by the time they open, for an early lunch! I also love the outdoor seating and the background music that is piped in. I'm gonna get me some ribs and go have a seat out in the veranda and just take it all in....:cloud9:. Later this day is my 2nd OOP “meal,” which is actually the Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian! I'm excited about this on two levels: I've never done anything like this before (kind of hard with a husband and 3 sons in tow), and I've never been to the GF. Can't wait to see this resort! I'm not “girlie” by any stretch of the imagination, but a little “girlie” time in a nice setting like this just seems to fit the bill this trip. I also have two friends who did this tea last year and they rave about it. After tea I'll be heading over to the MK, since it's open until 1am this night!!!!! I love the MK at night and I really love it on an EMH night! Since my big meal at Flame Tree will have been late-morning, and I don't expect to eat a whole lot at Tea, I expect I'll be ready to use my 2nd CS credit for this day sometime this evening. Now, usually at the MK I go straight for Casey's. LOVE me some cheese fries....a little bit of golden gooey heaven on a plate. :lovestruc. But, I was recently clued in to Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and am thinking I'd like to try that. (The self-ordering kiosk is uber-neato, too.)

I should take a moment here to interject a note about Casey's....The last time I ate there, I was in the company of two lovely ladies who I am honored to call friends. It was a gal's weekend away. We were tired and getting punchy. Suffice it to say, I will never, ever be able to eat at Casey's again without thinking of them and the – * ahem * - “conversations" that took place that night.....

But I digress....back to the PTR at hand! So where were we??....oh yeah -

Day 3 – Hollywood Studios and Epcot, I think: So far this day is a big blank in the meal-planning realm. No. Clue. Counter-service is limited at DHS anyway (as far as personal appeal) and nothing is jumping out at me. I may do a full breakfast a Pop this morning and use a snack credit at Starring Rolls or something (and they actually have really good coffee, too!). Or, I might try the Sunset Market area. Seems to me that in the past that wasn't part of the dining plan at all, but I've seen a couple of places there now that do indicate being on the Plan. So we'll see. This day will be a real play-it-by ear day. My late-day plans are very tentative right now. If the weather is nice, I really want to walk from DHS to Epcot. I never knew you could do that and I must try it! So, if I'm hungry at Epcot, I may do the Sunshine Seasons in The Land, or maybe I'll just pop into the Electric Umbrella (I know, I know....standard burger fare but we really like it!). If for weather or other reasons I don't go to Epcot, I'll be heading back to the MK and in that case, it's Casey's all the way!

Day 4 – Departure Day :sad1:: I plan to be up and out first thing this day. I want to check my one bag with luggage services (or with ME if I decide to check it instead of carry-on). Epcot has EMH this morning and I want to be at the gate prior to opening and in the park first thing. I should have one CS credit left at this point so will have to figure out where to use it. Maybe Sunshine Seasons; they have some good breakfast options. Matter of fact, here is a picture of our breakfast there on our last trip....

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/Disney2008/WDW2008030.jpg

Now, for all those snack credits!....oh where to begin?!! The possibilities are endless, but some of my favorites are:

*Frozen Lemonade
*Ice cream sandwich (the homemade kind with two huge cookies!) *Mickey-head ice cream bars (who doesn't love those?!)
*Rice Krispie treats
*Pastries/cookies

Truth be told, there are so few items that are not considered a snack on the DDP, that the possibilities are just endless. And let's face it, even a simple box of popcorn is something special when you eat it in view of Cinderella Castle, listening to some Main Street ragtime....

Tinkerbellarella
04-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Hello my friend :wave:
I'm on my Blackberry, which isn't quote-friendly, and so I shall quote away once I'm home. I just wanted you to know I'm subscribed and SO on board!!! ::yes::

creativeamanda
04-08-2010, 08:46 PM
AHH. . .you are getting park hoppers. Plan on throwing out the plan with those. Trust me. I know. . .

LegoMom3
04-08-2010, 09:23 PM
Hello my friend :wave:
I'm on my Blackberry, which isn't quote-friendly, and so I shall quote away once I'm home. I just wanted you to know I'm subscribed and SO on board!!! ::yes::

Here, have some more of these: :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: SO glad you're here! I can't believe it's been almost a year since "the" weekend....*sigh*

AHH. . .you are getting park hoppers. Plan on throwing out the plan with those. Trust me. I know. . .

No no, my dear. Herein lies the difference: you had a full week solo. I have exactly 3.4 days.:rolleyes1 There are certain things I want to do in that time and so I need to plan fairly carefully! I would LOVE to be able to just get up and hop on whatever bus came first, but this solo is such a rare treat (and who knows if it'll ever happen again) so I'm being deliberate in my schedule.pirate:
I can save the "throwing out the schedule" for those trips with the kids.:lmao:

Pink Mouse Ears
04-08-2010, 10:07 PM
Subbing! Your first few posts are cracking me up :rotfl: I have ONE boy and would like more children and to homeschool- but am not sure I can keep up with three boys! I hope my husband is as caring as yours and allows for solo Disney trips!

On your MGM/Epcot day, what about doing lunch somewhere around the Boardwalk area as you walk from MGM to Epcot? We love to do lunch at Beaches and Cream at the BC...not much more than CS for a TS meal...and you can sit at the counter. We love the atmosphere there. Theres also the Fountain at the Dolphin...and lots of CS places around.

Can't wait to hear more!

Tinkerbellarella
04-09-2010, 09:38 AM
This magical journey to solo bliss will begin in May.

Seriously...are you channeling your inner Tink? That's only my favorite time to do a solo trip, though I tend to go later in the month than you are. Traditionally I would do it so I was catching F&GF AND Star Wars Weekends.

Fuzzy Disney Math

Oh, you mean like 3a + 2(bx-7) = Disney Trip?

I like to think I have some talent in writing

You are FAR too humble, my friend.

which kind of begs the question....is it weird to be a solo adult and still want your pic taken with the characters?

Ahhhhh....NO. :thumbsup2

The only thing I can tell you without a doubt that I will not be doing is sleeping in

You ARE channeling your inner Tink! I knew it.

"I'm packing your extra pair of shoes, and your angry eyes just in case."

OhmiGod. Hands down FAVORITEST Toy Story quote. Ever. In the history of ever.

Pleaaaaase tell me that you have seen the Mr. & Mrs. Tater Head commercial where they're in the car driving on the windy mountain road and she's nagging and he slams on the brakes and her mouth goes flying off the cliff and when they flash back to her she puts her angry eyes in.

Because if not, I need to Google it for you!

Mrs. Potato Head:...And if you get hungry, here's some cheese puffs and a key. I don't know what it's for, but you never know.... And crayons in case you get bored, and some blue Play-Doh ..... And a dime, call me, and monkey chow.

Mr. Potato Head: Monkey chow? For what?

Mrs. Potato Head: Well, for the monkeys, of course! Come on, monkeys!

Woman, you've made my day by posting the previous and this continuation of the quote in its entirety. Too awesome.

I mean, who gets this excited about the food part of a Walt Disney World trip?!

Oooh! Oooh! Pick me! Pick me!

TINK DOES!!!

I have a mid-afternoon ADR at San Angel Inn in Mexico.

They don't serve it at lunch, unfortunately, but one of my favorite dishes in all of Epicot is served here: Filete Montuleno.

The tables are a little close, but not intimidatingly (is that even a word?!) so. The atmosphere was FABULOUS and the servers were some of the sweetest in the World. I think you'll love it.

I also have two friends who did this tea last year and they rave about it.

Really? You don't say. They must be terribly smart, sweet, intelligent, beautiful, tiara-wearing, Cap'n Jack-lovin' ladies. ;)

I don't expect to eat a whole lot at Tea

Oh, honey, don't kid yourself, depending on what you get, tea can TOTALLY be a full meal. And a good one at that. My favorite parts were the scone with devonshire cream and the Sally Lunn bread with preserves. And I believe I may have gotten the Mad Hatter blend. I'd have to go and double-check though...

I should take a moment here to interject a note about Casey's....The last time I ate there, I was in the company of two lovely ladies who I am honored to call friends. It was a gal's weekend away. We were tired and getting punchy. Suffice it to say, I will never, ever be able to eat at Casey's again without thinking of them and the – * ahem * - “conversations" that took place that night.....

I can't imagine WHAT you could possibly be referring to...coughcrudereferencestoJackSparrowandfriesupan doutthenosecoughsniffle

If the weather is nice, I really want to walk from DHS to Epcot. I never knew you could do that and I must try it!

It's long-ish, but pleasant. I used to do it all the time when I was working for Starwood and staying at the Swolphin for pennies.

Now, for all those snack credits!....oh where to begin?!! The possibilities are endless, but some of my favorites are:

*Frozen Lemonade
*Ice cream sandwich (the homemade kind with two huge cookies!) *Mickey-head ice cream bars (who doesn't love those?!)
*Rice Krispie treats
*Pastries/cookies

Hmmm...

Peeks around.

Wha?

Looks under rug.

No, just dust bunnies.

:scratchin

Where's the Dole Whip on the list?

Here, have some more of these: :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: SO glad you're here! I can't believe it's been almost a year since "the" weekend....*sigh*

YOU can't believe it? I think Kat and I might jump ship and head down there because we simply can't stand NOT repeating our girlie weekend this year.

TarzansKat
04-11-2010, 10:14 AM
YOU can't believe it? I think Kat and I might jump ship and head down there because we simply can't stand NOT repeating our girlie weekend this year.

Dude.

Is that an offer? I'm so ready.

LegoMom, I love your plans. And the nod to our Casey's meal. It was truly memorable. Actually, when I went in January, I told my mom about it...not in great detail, but you get the gist. :lmao:

LegoMom3
04-11-2010, 04:17 PM
Subbing! Your first few posts are cracking me up :rotfl: I have ONE boy and would like more children and to homeschool- but am not sure I can keep up with three boys! I hope my husband is as caring as yours and allows for solo Disney trips!

On your MGM/Epcot day, what about doing lunch somewhere around the Boardwalk area as you walk from MGM to Epcot? We love to do lunch at Beaches and Cream at the BC...not much more than CS for a TS meal...and you can sit at the counter. We love the atmosphere there. Theres also the Fountain at the Dolphin...and lots of CS places around.

Can't wait to hear more!

Welcome!!:wizard: Glad I could make you laugh a bit.....:flower3: I'm thinking hard about what direction to go with the next installment, so stay tuned!

Oh, you mean like 3a + 2(bx-7) = Disney Trip?

EXACTLY!!!:worship:

OhmiGod. Hands down FAVORITEST Toy Story quote. Ever. In the history of ever.

Pleaaaaase tell me that you have seen the Mr. & Mrs. Tater Head commercial where they're in the car driving on the windy mountain road and she's nagging and he slams on the brakes and her mouth goes flying off the cliff and when they flash back to her she puts her angry eyes in.

Because if not, I need to Google it for you!

Woman, you've made my day by posting the previous and this continuation of the quote in its entirety. Too awesome.

YES!...I've seen that ad!! DH and I nearly died laughing the first time we saw it. Classic. And glad I could make your day! I love the Potato Heads in Toy Story 2!!

Really? You don't say. They must be terribly smart, sweet, intelligent, beautiful, tiara-wearing, Cap'n Jack-lovin' ladies. ;)

Indeed....:goodvibes

Oh, honey, don't kid yourself, depending on what you get, tea can TOTALLY be a full meal. And a good one at that. My favorite parts were the scone with devonshire cream and the Sally Lunn bread with preserves. And I believe I may have gotten the Mad Hatter blend. I'd have to go and double-check though...

Yeah, I'm still thinkin' on this one. I was actually looking at the menu earlier today, and wondering if I'd like the British cheese plate. :confused3

I can't imagine WHAT you could possibly be referring to...coughcrudereferencestoJackSparrowandfriesupan doutthenosecoughsniffle

I'll do a little snort*laugh and think of you when I'm there....:rolleyes: And hope nobody's watching cuz that will just look weird.

Where's the Dole Whip on the list?

All right.....you know what? Despite being in the definite DIS-minority around here in my lack of enthusiasm for this frozen concoction, I'm going to have one on this trip......just for my gal Tink.:lovestruc And who knows, I might actually love it after all!:rotfl:

Dude.

Is that an offer? I'm so ready.

LegoMom, I love your plans. And the nod to our Casey's meal. It was truly memorable. Actually, when I went in January, I told my mom about it...not in great detail, but you get the gist. :lmao:

Oh, yeah...I get the gist!!:eek:

:rotfl2:

So dear readers, help me out here....what should I regale you with next in this little PTR? I've done the luggage and packing bit. I've done the food bit (and really, what else IS there?!!...:lmao:). Hmm....must come up with something informative yet witty....:cool2:

Tinkerbellarella
04-11-2010, 04:54 PM
I'm going to have one on this trip......just for my gal Tink.:lovestruc And who knows, I might actually love it after all!:rotfl:

I can't remember, what about it is it that you think you won't like?

TarzansKat
04-11-2010, 08:05 PM
If you wanted to do an installment talking about the things you know you're going to love doing that you know the boys, hubbie included, wouldn't necessarily appreciate, that could kind of be a cool angle. Celebrating the alone, I am Mom on vacation, hear me roarness.

LegoMom3
04-11-2010, 08:23 PM
I can't remember, what about it is it that you think you won't like?

Dunno, 'xactly...:confused3.....I guess I'm more of a chocolate/vanilla soft-serve type of gal. The fruity thing is sort of meh. And yet, I love having a smoothie at Auntie Gravity's.....go figure.

If you wanted to do an installment talking about the things you know you're going to love doing that you know the boys, hubbie included, wouldn't necessarily appreciate, that could kind of be a cool angle. Celebrating the alone, I am Mom on vacation, hear me roarness.

I've got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool1: Thanks TK!! (now you just have to wait for it....:laughing:)

TarzansKat
04-12-2010, 09:23 AM
I've got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool1: Thanks TK!! (now you just have to wait for it....:laughing:)

popcorn::

Tinkerbellarella
04-12-2010, 09:28 AM

:thumbsup2

Because then I'd LOVELOVELOVE to weigh in with some solo experience to suggest some things you'd might never have thought of doing while solo. :thumbsup2

Dunno, 'xactly...:confused3.....I guess I'm more of a chocolate/vanilla soft-serve type of gal. The fruity thing is sort of meh. And yet, I love having a smoothie at Auntie Gravity's.....go figure.

While it looks like soft serve, the texture a teensy bit different. And because there's no dairy, it's very light and totally refreshing. The pineapple flavor isn't overwhelming, it's just enough to leave you...well...whelmed. I've only ever had it as a float because it's a lot of bang for your snack buck and the "whip" part never becomes too much because you always have some juice to sip.

I get why not everyone likes it but I totally recommend trying it. It was much different than I expected (I used to be a skeptic) but in a good way!

And now that I've philosophically broken down the Dole Whip....:rotfl:

LegoMom3
04-18-2010, 02:38 PM
Rex: Were you scared?!....Tell me honestly.
Woody: I was close to being scared that time.

It is time.

It is time to let loose, with utter abandon, and feel the full-on excitement of this trip!

Because it starts in less than THREE WEEKS!!!!!:dance3:

Dudes. I am SO giddy right now. Normally I plan out my trips so far in advance that I need to not think about them for a while....which sounds really weird but weirder than that is the fact that if I don't, I find myself in a bit of a funk for about the last month before the trip. Almost like pre-trip burnout. Now honestly I've had my plate quite full with other things over the last several weeks, so I was thinking of other stuff by default. But the time has now come where I can pour myself fully into this and become a loopy, giddy, blithering idiot. But quietly, because as we all know, my family isn't accompanying me on this trip and it would just be mean to rub it in their faces. I'm not that bad!!

A dear friend of mine (or two...:rolleyes1) suggested I might want to write about the sorts of things I'd like to do on my first solo trip. Stuff you wouldn't normally get to do with your family around. Let's face it, with a family of five, you basically have to take a vote on every next move.... I am so looking forward to being a little "ADD" on this trip. So here's me....walking to Test Track....can't wait to fly around that track....single-rider line, comin' your way (!)....I wonder if the queue -- oh look!!, the Jammitors! [takes sharp left turn and sits on bench to watch]. While I do have a definite plan in place in order to make the most of my few days, it's ALL about the freedom on this trip! I am Woman, hear me ROAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the most logical place to start is Epcot, since I am first and foremost going to see the Flower & Garden Festival. This is Attraction #1 that Mom Couldn't Do With the Boys Along! I am trying so hard to NOT look at all the photos on the Web right now that are showing the F&G stuff. I want to be completely surprised and have everything be totally fresh for me. I plan to take a memory-card's worth of photos of the flowers and topiaries! I'm also looking forward to seeing the "DIY" network's Yard Crasher's exhibit. After all it was the recent show on last year's exhibit that prompted me to change my trip from late summer to May!

I also plan to tour World Showcase and spend time taking in the details of each country. Kids just get so bored with that. :rolleyes: In Future World I will ride Soarin', Test Track and Spaceship Earth as many times in a row as I please, thank you very much. Not that the kids don't enjoy those things, but it's just nice to do what you want on a whim.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/Disney2008/WDW2008028.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/Disney2008/WDW2008392.jpg

Magic Kingdom - this may seem like an oxymoron, finding things to do in this park that you couldn't do with the kids along. WRONG! I could probably spend a solo week in this park alone and not run out of "my" stuff to do. For starters, just stand in the Town Square and listen to the BGM. Heaven.... Then, stroll along Main Street and look at the shop windows. I mean really look. Then look up! The windows are full of names of Imagineers and other little goodies. Worth taking in. Now, I might add here that if you are indeed going to stop and gawk, make sure you tuck yourself out of the way of oncoming people, strollers, balloon vendors, and the like. No one appreciates a gawker smack in the middle of the street!! And how about the Dapper Dans?!.....what a treat. They are fabulous and I hope I can catch one of their performances.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/Disney2008/WDW2008342.jpg

I also like the BGM in Adventureland and Tomorrowland. I think I'll have to get me a Dole Whip in Adventureland and pull up a bench for a bit. Similarly, in Tomorrowland I'l get a smoothie at Auntie Gravity's and have a sit-down. I listen to so many of these music tracks on Live365.com that they are ingrained in my head and there's nothing like hearing them live, in-park! Then, when you listen to them back home later on, you can close your eyes and really go back....:cloud9:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/Disney2008/WDW2008365.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/Disney2008/WDW2008134.jpg

Animal Kingdom - there is one thing and one thing only that I cannot wait to do by myself in this park: have lunch at Flame Tree BBQ and eat down on the veranda while listening to this BGM!!!! Some of my favorite tracks from Live365 come from the Flame Tree area. The view of Everest is a treat, too. But since I don't plan to go to AK just to have lunch, the other solo thing I'm going to do is arrive prior to park opening, and then bee-line it to the Safari ride first thing. Somehow, when your kids are along, it's difficult to go straight to ANY thing when you first enter a park. Everyone is always milling around while taking that vote on "what do we do first?"...But I'd like to be on the first safari trek of the day. It won't be super early in the morning but I do hope to see more animals. I've only ridden this once and it was early afternoon and it seemed to be nap time. After that I want to walk that walkway from Africa to Asia, across the river from the back side of the Tree of Life. That's a nice walk. In Asia I will do Everest as many times as my head can stand it (that backwards spiral bit is a kick but can rattle your brains a bit, kwim?!). I love EE, though....GREAT coaster.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/Disney2008/WDW2008288.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/Disney2008/WDW2008289.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/Disney2008/WDW2008291.jpg

Disney's Hollywood Studios - I really hope there's some Streetmosphere goin' on when I'm here because that's something I could watch all day! And honestly, while everyone else is making the mad dash for Toy Story Mania, I like to stroll down Hollywood Blvd. at my own pace. This park has a lot of character that again, can be missed if you just rush past everything. I will say right now that my first stop is going to be at Mickey's of Hollywood and the......*drum roll*.......

Wall of mugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/Disney2008/WDW2008076.jpg

Now, you have to understand I have a thing for mugs. I also have a thing for coffee, so the two go very well together as a matter of fact!:lmao: On our last trip I discovered this little gem and was SO overwhelmed that I actually left the store without making a mug purchase!!......I know, right?! Not this time. Now, I have to hope The Wall is still there, in some form or another, but there WILL be mugs bought here this day! But the nice thing is, if I wanna stand and stare at the mugs for a full half-hour, then by golly I'm gonna do just that!! :snooty:

After this stop I will likely head straight for Toy Story Mania. That's the whole theme of this solo trip anyway, so it would be unforgivable to miss it. I'll grab a FastPass for later, but if the stand-by line isn't ridiculous, I'm going to do that as well because I've never seen the uber-cool queue for this ride. There are a few other attractions I want to do at DHS, but I don't have a long list of specifically "solo" stuff to be sure I do/see. The Muppets will be closed and I just don't wanna talk about it.....:sad1:

Somewhere in this trip I need to fit in some time for my resort. This is another thing I'm trying to not look at too many pictures on-line before getting there. I want to see the shadow boxes in the lobby, the detail and theming of my building (which I have no idea which one that is yet, of course...I just asked to be on the top floor in a quiet, non-preferred area). Pop is SO full of eye candy that I'm sure I'll be taking lots of pics there as well. I love details.....

You know, it just occurred to me that in 9 days, I can start doin' the Single Digit Dance!!! :banana: Bring it, honey!:rotfl2:

creativeamanda
04-18-2010, 03:28 PM
Do me a favor, will ya? Buy the Mike Wizowski mug and I will get mine and we can be drinking out of out matching coffee mugs in the morning, lol!

I could spend forever in Magic Kingdom myself--I love Epcot, but Magic Kingdomis the one park I could not do without on a trip to Disney.

TarzansKat
04-18-2010, 04:02 PM
I am so happy for you right now.

And so sad for myself. :lmao: I want a solo trip!

No, really. You make it sound so wonderful, just being able to do the things you'd like to do. Thanks for sharing, it's exactly what I was looking for.

And while you're taking it all in on Main Street, be sure to stop and pay homage to our table by the Ice Cream Parlor. ;)

Tinkerbellarella
04-20-2010, 04:24 PM
A dear friend of mine (or two...:rolleyes1)

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/happy-big-smile-017.gif

I think the most logical place to start is Epcot,

Naturally.

This is actually my favorite park to spend solo time in. It's all about the details. Much like your love of the BGM from AK and the different areas of MK, when I hear the Innoventions Plaza BGM, I'm instantly transported to a solo trip in my mind.

I am trying so hard to NOT look at all the photos on the Web right now that are showing the F&G stuff. I want to be completely surprised and have everything be totally fresh for me.

Believe me, even if you get a few peeks it doesn't compare to seeing it in person. The majority of my trips have been May trips and have coincided with F&GF and I've NEVER been disappointed.

I also plan to tour World Showcase and spend time taking in the details of each country.

My favorite pavilions to tour solo are:
Morocco - the attention to detail here is amazing
Japan - I'm equally enamored of the quiet garden and koi pond and Mitsukoshi. And don't miss the candy lady, Miyuki! She likes adults as much as kids and once chose me and made me a beautiful dragon. And even if you aren't picked, watching without your own kiddos clamoring for a chance allows you a better opportunity to watch her craft.
Mexico - I could tool around in here forever. The people are so sweet and there's so much to see.

I will ride ... Spaceship Earth as many times in a row as I please, thank you very much.

Keep an eye out for the disco mama and her tights. Say hi from Tink. Because you KNOW I dress like that for work every day. ;)

For starters, just stand in the Town Square and listen to the BGM.

Or sit and people-watch. Look for the paw prints near Tony's Town Square. Watch little ones that aren't yours see the characters for the first time. Check out the fire station. Ride the train around the park non-stop for an hour and be woken up by perfect strangers wanting to make sure you're ok. Ahem, not that I have personal experience with that last one or anything.

The windows are full of names of Imagineers and other little goodies.

I have this book and it makes those windows all the more interesting:

http://www.fantasiescometrue.com/images/resources/imagineers.jpg

Now, I might add here that if you are indeed going to stop and gawk, make sure you tuck yourself out of the way of oncoming people, strollers, balloon vendors, and the like. No one appreciates a gawker smack in the middle of the street!!

One thing I've never done that I'd like to do is poke my head into the barbershop!

I think I'll have to get me a Dole Whip in Adventureland and pull up a bench for a bit.

Most people sit themselves down across the way in the shade of the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse but I prefer to move further down near the Tiki Room and pirates and have a more immersive experience.

I listen to so many of these music tracks on Live365.com that they are ingrained in my head and there's nothing like hearing them live, in-park! Then, when you listen to them back home later on, you can close your eyes and really go back....:cloud9:

Amen, sister!

bee-line it to the Safari ride first thing

I will say that all of my best rides have been either taken first thing or just before closing when the aminals are hungrier.

After that I want to walk that walkway from Africa to Asia, across the river from the back side of the Tree of Life. That's a nice walk.

That's my favorite area of the park. Keep an eye out for Devine and, if you've never done it before and have the time, see a showing of Flights of Wonder. It's fantastic. My favorite solo spot in all of the AK, though, is the Maharajah Jungle Trek.

In Asia I will do Everest as many times as my head can stand it

I can, literally, only sit in the front car. The other cars make me sick. :rolleyes:

I also recommend taking in the kitsch of Dinoland. Most people think this ara is cheesy but it's the cheese that's the best part.

I will likely head straight for Toy Story Mania. That's the whole theme of this solo trip anyway, so it would be unforgivable to miss it. I'll grab a FastPass for later, but if the stand-by line isn't ridiculous, I'm going to do that as well because I've never seen the uber-cool queue for this ride.

I think Missy and I waited in the area of 30-45 minutes and it was totally worth it. You could snap a whole memory card's worth of pics in there!

Some of the other things I love to do solo at MGM (NODHS):
-sitting outside Villains in Vogue with a junky apple and people-watching
-getting in the standby line for TOT and letting people go past me as I soak up the atmosphere there and then ducking out just before the pre-show if I don't feel like riding
-the singles line at the Rock n' Roller Coaster
-taking in the details of NY Street
-grabbing a pretzel from Min and Bill's for Illuminations...or really for any time!
- browsing Sid Cahuenga's (that's the right name, isn't it?)

I've actually never stopped to watch Streetmosphere. Now on my "next time" list!

Somewhere in this trip I need to fit in some time for my resort. This is another thing I'm trying to not look at too many pictures on-line before getting there. I want to see the shadow boxes in the lobby, the detail and theming of my building (which I have no idea which one that is yet, of course...I just asked to be on the top floor in a quiet, non-preferred area). Pop is SO full of eye candy that I'm sure I'll be taking lots of pics there as well. I love details.....

If you're up early enough, and I know you're an early Disney gal, take a "coffee walk" through this resort. It's very peaceful in the morning and full of great photo ops.

I had a room in the "back" side of the 70's building, facing the 80's/90's area. It was a top floor room and was very quiet. For a non-preferred room, it was a great location, close to just about everything.

And now I will share with you my NUMERO UNO favorite thing to do whilst in Disney sans anyone else:

Ride the TTA as many times as I want. Sometimes with my eyes open. Sometimes with them closed. Always thinking of my gramma.

Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow...

:goodvibes

And while you're taking it all in on Main Street, be sure to stop and pay homage to our table by the Ice Cream Parlor. ;)

But keep the fries away from your nose. :lmao:

LegoMom3
04-23-2010, 10:18 AM
Do me a favor, will ya? Buy the Mike Wizowski mug and I will get mine and we can be drinking out of out matching coffee mugs in the morning, lol!....

Y'know, I like the Mike Wizowski mug!....I've had my eye on that one (no pun intended...!) for some time now so I'll let you know if it makes it's way back to TX with me.;) It would be fun to be drinking coffee from the same kind of mug as my DIS-Sister in NC....:hug:

I am so happy for you right now.

And so sad for myself. :lmao: I want a solo trip!

No, really. You make it sound so wonderful, just being able to do the things you'd like to do. Thanks for sharing, it's exactly what I was looking for.

Oh hon, I will be thinking of you ALL over the MK....:hug: More now than ever. And if that table happens to be empty when I get my Casey's meal, I'll even sit there.:lovestruc

....Keep an eye out for the disco mama and her tights. Say hi from Tink. Because you KNOW I dress like that for work every day. ;)

Of course you do.:scared: You do realize that I will now and forever more think of YOU when I pass that scene? *sigh*.....

Ride the train around the park non-stop for an hour and be woken up by perfect strangers wanting to make sure you're ok. Ahem, not that I have personal experience with that last one or anything.

:eek:

:lmao::rotfl2:

I have this book and it makes those windows all the more interesting:

http://www.fantasiescometrue.com/images/resources/imagineers.jpg

Ok, I have had this book from the library and when I saw it here, I was all excited to go check it out again before my trip. Our library has an on-line system and you can look anything up and reserve it if you want. Imagine my dismay when I went in and this book did not show up in the system!! Turns out, I had it out from the library in Florida...not here in TX.:sad2: I have discovered that there are actually very few Disney guides of any kind in my library system. That's a total stink-fest.:mad:

Most people sit themselves down across the way in the shade of the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse but I prefer to move further down near the Tiki Room and pirates and have a more immersive experience.

"Pirates" IS an immersive experience....in so many ways....:love: Thanks for the tip. I'm all over it.

If you're up early enough, and I know you're an early Disney gal, take a "coffee walk" through this resort. It's very peaceful in the morning and full of great photo ops.

My favorite time of a Disney day.....:wizard: It is SOOOOO gorgeous in the early morning at Port Orleans Riverside. I admit to being spoiled by that resort. Yes it's huge, but all the more space to walk through for coffee. Those grounds are just beautiful in the pre-dawn light! I want to upgrade to FQ. So. Badly. But that's more money and we're really getting down to the wire in terms of timing so I'll stick with Pop and give it a chance.

And now I will share with you my NUMERO UNO favorite thing to do whilst in Disney sans anyone else:

Ride the TTA as many times as I want. Sometimes with my eyes open. Sometimes with them closed. ....

You are my DIS-TWIN-Sister!!:cloud9:

But keep the fries away from your nose. :lmao:

:rotfl2::rotfl:

LegoMom3
04-24-2010, 11:33 AM
Mr. Potato Head: Did you all take stupid pills this morning?!

We interrupt this PTR for an important announcement: we have changed resorts!!!!!!!!

WHAT?!!.....at 2 weeks out?!....are you crazy, woman??

No, well....yes, maybe. But I am also now giddy beyond words. Last night I decided to go ahead and make the switch from Pop to Port Orleans French Quarter! My excitement has increased to the Nth degree....I can hardly contain myself!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you are probably wondering why I would do such a thing, on such short notice no less. Lemme 'splain: you see, I like Pop Century as a resort. But I love Port Orleans. Our family always stays at Riverside and utilizes the trundle-bed rooms. It began as a practical thing and quickly blossomed right through puppy love and into full-blown infatuation. If you've ever been to this resort, let's face it, it's gorgeous. I love the landscaping, the grounds, the buildings...the whole feel of the place is stunning. And on these Riverside stays, we've explored FQ....beignets at the food court, the dragon-slide pool, all that fun stuff. But as a family of 5, we can't stay there without forking over big bucks for two rooms. So we admire it from the outside and leave it at that.

Last spring we were living in Florida. My husband and I celebrated our anniversary (which happens to be today, matter of fact!) by taking the day and driving up to Downtown Disney. We had lunch at Earl of Sandwich (YUM!), shopped a bit, and then took the boat over to FQ. We walked to Riverside, just to take it in, and had beignets back at FQ. It was a gorgeous day and we sat outside, admiring the beautiful details.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/100_1204.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/100_1206.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/100_1208.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/100_1210.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/100_1211.jpg

So, I was excited about staying at Pop, but not "doin' a happy jig" excited. Hard to explain. I'm not a resort snob. Our first family trip, when youngest son was still under 3, we stayed at ASMovies and really, really enjoyed it. But I think that's just it. I think I would enjoy Pop much more with my kids along. It's so "them." POFQ, on the other hand, is all "me!" I'm all about soaking up Disney atmosphere and FQ has more than its fair share. And to a slightly lesser extent, as a solo female traveler, I just feel a bit more secure at FQ. It's smaller, and even the "outer" rooms aren't all that remote.

And now that I'm staying here, I have two more things I need to somehow build into my schedule: a soak in the hot tub (!!), and an evening boat ride to DTD.....:cloud9:

Two weeks from right now, I'll be on that plane, on our final approach to Orlando......Let the magic begin!!:wizard:

creativeamanda
04-24-2010, 01:20 PM
I totally get why you changed to French Quarter and I really have only one complaint about your decision--you didn't take me!

I've looked at lots of other resorts thinking about taking dd11 next summer. I keep coming back to POFQ--the size is perfect. The grounds are beautiful. And the boat to DTD is awesome.

TarzansKat
04-25-2010, 10:45 AM
I'm glad you made the resort switch. I had a feeling this was going to happen. ;) It's the first place I ever stayed with DS as a baby. It was Mom, Nana, DH, DS, and myself, so I have some very fond memories of that resort. I hope you get to enjoy it as much as we did!

Al and Kate's Mom
04-25-2010, 11:03 AM
Subbing! I heart POFQ also - can't wait to hear all about your trip!!!

LegoMom3
05-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Woody's Pull-string: Yee-ha! Come on, partner! We've got to get this wagon train a-movin'!

LegoMom's Top 5 Must-Do's in Each Park

I was reading another DISer's Top 5 recently and thought, hey, that would be a great idea for my last PTR installment! It's really hard to pick just 5 of anything in the Disney parks, but this is what I came up with....popcorn::

Epcot: Let's start here because not only is it the first park I'll be going to, but let's face it, EVERY one starts with the Magic Kingdom! I like to be different.:upsidedow

5) "Reflections of China" Circle-vision film - This is just a brilliant film and shows off what is really a very beautiful country. I'm not "into" Far East culture but just love this film...

4) "O Canada" Circle-vision film - I love Canada and the scenes in the film are nothing less than breathtaking. The new narration with Martin Short is GREAT! Although I can't look at him without hearing "Oh great! You killed the invisible swordsman!"....."He's dead alright!":lmao:

3) Spaceship Earth - dare I say this used to be one of my all-time favorite attractions in WDW?.....but Judy Dench has nothin' on Jeremy Irons. :sad2: I still ride it, I still really enjoy it, but it's just not the same. Poo...

2) Test Track - what is there to say? It's FAST!!!!!!!!!!!:car:

1) Soarin' - yeah, surprise surprise. But c'mon, this ride is just awesome! Unless you're afraid of heights/flying, then I can see where it would make you wet yourself.:scared: But the whole thing is SO well done..the scenes, the smells, the musical score.....*sigh* Won't be long now!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/Disney2008/WDW2008377.jpg

Hollywood Studios: I had the most trouble coming up with stuff for this park. I don't do the stage shows (with the exception of Indiana Jones and the Extreme Stunt Show, which my boys missed last time due to rain and I won't watch either without them) and I don't do the thrill rides, so there's not much left! But here is what I must see/do when I'm there...

5) One Man's Dream & The Magic of Disney Animation - they're right near each other so I'll kill two birds with one stone. It'll be nice to spend some time in these without the kids dragging me on to the next thing!!

4) Block Party Bash street parade - NEVER seen this and I love the Pixar characters!! I'm going to make a point to stay and watch this. And take lots of photos.

3) This WOULD be Muppets 3-D, but alas, it is closed for refurb and that's that. So in its place I'm putting the Backstage Studio Tour. Haven't seen this in years! Got rained out of this last time, too, which is precisely why I will never, ever tour without Park Hoppers again.

2) Streetmosphere - when they're out and about, they are so worth a look. Their performances are a riot!! When they interact with guests, it's even better.

1) Toy Story Mania - yep, another surprise. But it is, without a doubt, the best attraction in this park (at least for the non-thrill person....). I've done it once. Need to do it LOTS more!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/Disney2008/WDW2008085.jpg

Animal Kingdom: this is a really beautiful park and our family loves it. It's hot as Hades in the summer and involves lots of walking, but there is just always something new for your eyes to take in!http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Tongue/so-hot-031.png

5) Oasis Trails - I'll catch these on my way out, since I'll be high-tailing it to the Safari first thing when I arrive. Beautiful, garden-like setting with some great animals.

4) Tree of Life - specifically, walk all around it and photograph the amazing carvings. I see something new every time I look at my current photos!

3) Flame Tree BBQ - Ok, not an "attraction" per se, but I can't leave without having my lunch from there, sitting down on the veranda and listening to the BGM....

2) Kilamanjaro Safari - this is what I'm heading to first thing at Rope Drop. I want to see as many animals as I can before they all decide to nap!

1) Expedition Everest - boy, I'm really predictable with the Number 1's, huh?!! But you can't beat it. If you like coasters, this one's AMAZING!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/Disney2008/WDW2008291.jpg

And last but certainly not least, the Magic Kingdom!!...This is a real hard park to come up with just 5 "must-do" attractions. Of course there are more, but here are my picks...

5) It's a Small World - now I'll bet this one IS a surprise!! I just love this little boat ride through the world.....I especially like how the music changes just a bit to fit with the country being featured. The drums for the Polynesian part are awesome and get me tapping along every time.

4) The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - the effects in here are great. When you go through Piglet's Floody Place, the honey pot feels like it's floating!!

3) WEDway PeopleMover - ok ok, the Tomorrowland Transit Authority. How "meh." I will always call it by its former name.:snooty: I could ride this over and over and over. I haven't heard the new spiel yet and I loved the old one, but I love the ride enough to overlook it and just enjoy it for what it is.

2) Pirates of the Caribbean - no explanation needed, I think. A classic. Even better with the film references.pirate:

1) Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - without a doubt my ALL-TIME favorite ride in all of WDW!!!! It's exceptional at night!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/Disney2008/WDW2008063.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/Disney2008/WDW2008261.jpg

While I'm here, why don't I toss in a Top 5 for POFQ!....

5) Soak in the hot tub - it's so neat, all tucked away in the gardens...great for the end of the day!

4) Beignets - MUST have Beignets! Yum - O!

3) Boatride to DTD - not sure when I'm going to fit this in but I may come back from a park one night going the long way...bus to DTD, boat to FQ. Oh, and a quick stop at the Lego Store of course!

2) Photograph the different styles of architecture - each building is just a bit different with its own colors, design and flair. Really neat.

1) Early morning coffee walk!!!!!!!!!!! - this is ALWAYS my favorite thing about a resort stay at Disney....At Riverside I was always up at 6am, dressed and out the door by 6:15, and would just walk in the pre-dawn light. GOR.GEOUS. FQ is much smaller, of course, but I can walk right over to and around Riverside if I want! I love my morning coffee walks.....

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/Disney2008/WDW2008454.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/Disney2008/WDW2008461.jpg

A week from right now, I'll be getting ready to head to my Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian....:cloud9: And only 6 more sleeps until I leave!!!!:yay:

If, indeed, I can sleep at all....:rolleyes:

creativeamanda
05-02-2010, 05:28 PM
I can't believe it's so soon for you. And I'm so glad and honored you used my top 5 idea. We'll all be thinking of you while you are gone.

And you should be honored--I planned it so that this post is my 6000th post--on your PTR.

You will love staying at POFQ. I had a room way back on the back edge in Building 1. (Really you could not get much farther from the front in that resort) I enjoyed my early morning walks for coffee and beignets. Six more sleeps and you'll be home.

Tinkerbellarella
05-05-2010, 01:05 PM
Of course you do.:scared: You do realize that I will now and forever more think of YOU when I pass that scene? *sigh*.....

I love that somewhere on this planet, specifically, Where the Magic Lives, black patent go-go boots, an afro and lemon yellow tights remind someone of me. ::yes::

Ok, I have had this book from the library and when I saw it here, I was all excited to go check it out again before my trip. Our library has an on-line system and you can look anything up and reserve it if you want. Imagine my dismay when I went in and this book did not show up in the system!! Turns out, I had it out from the library in Florida...not here in TX.:sad2: I have discovered that there are actually very few Disney guides of any kind in my library system. That's a total stink-fest.:mad:

Amazon may has some decent used ones for $19.

"Pirates" IS an immersive experience....in so many ways....:love:

Immersive...is THAT what they're calling it these days? LOL

You are my DIS-TWIN-Sister!!:cloud9:

Hey Kat, I think some of The Force is rubbing off on LM.

We interrupt this PTR for an important announcement: we have changed resorts!!!!!!!!

WHAT?!!

WHAT?!!

Exactly.

Last night I decided to go ahead and make the switch from Pop to Port Orleans French Quarter!

Nice.

Lemme 'splain

Okay, Inigo Montoya, 'splain away.

1) Toy Story Mania - yep, another surprise. But it is, without a doubt, the best attraction in this park (at least for the non-thrill person....). I've done it once. Need to do it LOTS more!

Not sure when, but I read that in May they're adding a few Toy Story 3 characters to the line-up on this ride.

I haven't heard the new spiel yet and I loved the old one, but I love the ride enough to overlook it and just enjoy it for what it is.

WHAT?!!

No, let me be more clear.

WHAT?!!

They changed the spiel?!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! !!!!

I didn't know that the last time I rode it (September 2008) would be the last time I could ride it with that spiel. If I had known it would've made a difference. Really.

R.I.P. Mr. Tom Morrow.

:sad1:

LegoMom3
05-05-2010, 01:18 PM
I love that somewhere on this planet, specifically, Where the Magic Lives, black patent go-go boots, an afro and lemon yellow tights remind someone of me. ::yes::

Hmm....not sure if that's a good association or not. But it is now and forever more, stuck in my head.

Okay, Inigo Montoya, 'splain away.

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

....R.I.P. Mr. Tom Morrow.

:sad1:

Sadly, that right there about sums it up. I've heard, "unofficially" of course, that even the CMs don't like it. We need to put the old spiel on our iPods and listen to THAT while riding!!

AlohaAnnie
05-05-2010, 07:42 PM
I am along for the ride, I am enjoying your PTR! I really enjoyed your Top 5 must-do's in each park.

We love Toy Story and Toy Story 2 and all the quotes in your posts are great! lOve LOve tHem!!

I really love Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian. It is scrumptious! I took DD to The Perfectly Princess Tea Party in 2008 and in 2009 we went to the Afternoon Tea and it was wonderful. I should make an ADR today!!! for our upcoming trip, I thought about it and then passed it up. What was I thinking?

Can't wait to read about the TR! Have fun! :dance3:

LegoMom3
05-05-2010, 09:03 PM
Ok y'all.....speaking of Stupid Pills.....

I just had the revelation today that my Afternoon Tea (nice little relaxing time to pamper myself) is on Mother's Day!!:rolleyes:

A little slow on the uptake, I know, but how COOL is that?!!:wizard: All the more reason to really enjoy that time.

--------------------

ETA: 3 more sleeps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tinkerbellarella
05-06-2010, 04:24 PM
:banana::banana:

Two babnanas = Two days

::yes::

creativeamanda
05-06-2010, 04:34 PM
Ok y'all.....speaking of Stupid Pills.....

I just had the revelation today that my Afternoon Tea (nice little relaxing time to pamper myself) is on Mother's Day!!:rolleyes:

A little slow on the uptake, I know, but how COOL is that?!!:wizard: All the more reason to really enjoy that time.

--------------------

ETA: 3 more sleeps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How dumb am I that I just realized you were going to be gone on Mother's day?!? What a great gift from your family!

2 more babnana sleeps!

LegoMom3
05-06-2010, 05:02 PM
How dumb am I that I just realized you were going to be gone on Mother's day?!? What a great gift from your family!

2 more babnana sleeps!

Do dancing babnanas sleep?....:confused3

creativeamanda
05-06-2010, 05:13 PM
Do dancing babnanas sleep?....:confused3

When no one is looking.

TarzansKat
05-07-2010, 07:53 AM
When no one is looking.

creativeamanda
05-07-2010, 04:26 PM

I'm so glad I could humor you today. :goodvibes

TarzansKat
05-09-2010, 09:21 AM
I'm so glad I could humor you today. :goodvibes

I cherish my laughter so much more these days. :hug:

creativeamanda
05-09-2010, 10:07 AM
I cherish my laughter so much more these days. :hug:

:goodvibes :hug:

Tinkerbellarella
05-10-2010, 11:42 AM
I just found a picture from my May trip with TK that has LegoMomma in it. All three of us are beaming. It made me that much more excited to hear about her trip!!!

TarzansKat
05-10-2010, 05:14 PM
LegoMom, I've thought of you so much in the past few days! I know you're having an awesome time, I'm so glad you took this trip for yourself. :goodvibes

LegoMom3
05-14-2010, 10:56 AM
Wow.....

How fast we went from "It's HERE!" to "It's over."...:sad1:

But as the saying goes, Don't cry because it's over, smile because it was.:cloud9:

How true.

So, anyway, this isn't an "official" update but rather just me checking in to let y'all know that I'm hoping to start the TR this weekend. I want to do it while everything is fresh in my memory. But, it's also going to be heavy on the photos and for some reason uploading them to the Web is taking SO. LONG. The site I'm using is usually pretty quick, but I may go do a test upload to Photobucket (most people's favorite but usually quite slow for me). If PB is faster, I'll switch and see if we can't get this cattle drive on its way! (gimme a break, I'm in Texas....:rolleyes:).

And, just by way of a teaser, I should have repeated my Incredibles theme from our last trip, because.....

THAT WAS TOTALLY WICKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

AlohaAnnie
05-14-2010, 01:20 PM
Yay!! You are home!!! I hate the Disney Blues, I usually get them after a trip.

Looking forward to the TR! :banana:

TarzansKat
05-15-2010, 05:29 PM
I'm so glad you had a good time.

Will your Casey's experience make an appearance? Please say so. :lmao:

LegoMom3
05-15-2010, 07:23 PM
I'm so glad you had a good time.

Will your Casey's experience make an appearance? Please say so. :lmao:

I dunno....a fry in the nostril is one thing. What I experienced may not be suitable for the DIS!!!:rolleyes1

TarzansKat
05-19-2010, 09:11 AM
I dunno....a fry in the nostril is one thing. What I experienced may not be suitable for the DIS!!!:rolleyes1

I will admit if you leave out certain descriptive words, the humor of the situation would lose something in translation.

Look at it this way, you could be the first person to have a rating system on your trip report. :lmao:

creativeamanda
05-19-2010, 09:30 AM
I am so glad you had such a great time!

LegoMom3
05-24-2010, 09:05 PM
Wheezy:What's the point in prolonging the inevitable? We're all just one step away from here to there.

Ahhh.....ain't that the truth! “Here”, of course, being wherever you happen to be at the moment, and “there”.....well, “there” could only be The World. Disney. The actualization of Walt's Imagination.

My “one step” involved an hour and forty-five minute drive to the airport, then a quick, barely-2-hour flight. My phone alarm was set for 4:30am, as was the coffee maker, but my instincts kicked in just before either went off and I was up and ready to go before you could say Hey Howdy Hey. In the car and pulling out the driveway at 5:00am, and somewhere along the dark stretches of Highway 21, the whole crazy realization hit me and I was full-on giddy. Cue the Dancing Babnana::banana:

The flight over was about as perfect as a flight can be. Adding to my anticipation was the fact that probably 80% of the people on the Orlando-bound plane were also heading to Disney! Including the two couples behind me – a 20something couple and what appeared to be a set of parents in their 50s. They all were wearing some sort of Disney t-shirt and they were having a blast! We also were kept entertained by our flight crew and pilot. If you fly Southwest with any regularity, you know they can be really funny! As we were on our final approach to the airport, I saw a tiny little Spaceship Earth in the distance through the haze and knew then that I was almost home.....:lovestruc

Now, my previous trips to Disney have all involved mid-week travel. So this Saturday bit was new to me and I wasn't sure what to expect with the Magical Express crowds. Getting from my arrival gate to Level 1, Side B seemed to take FOR.EV.ER. But, when I finally came in view of the check-in desk, I nearly lost the Disney magic right then and there. They were having most people bypass the desk entirely, and go straight to the podiums where the vouchers were scanned and you were directed to the correct line for your resort. It was a SEA of people....I couldn't even see the signs for the resorts!! The nice man who checked me through made a note of the change to my departure flight, then told me “Right this way, please, to Row 3.”

And Row 3 was EMPTY.....! As in ONE person ahead of me, being directed to the bus!! And incidentally, the lines for the Value resorts – including Pop Century where I was originally going to stay – were absolutely crammed with people....Seriously, we are talking an hour+ wait, just to get on a DME bus! I muttered a silent prayer of thanks that I had decided to switch to French Quarter. This was my first clue that that was a good and wise decision! I will also add here that it was so busy that day that Disney had hired out Mears buses to help with the DME traffic. I actually rode a Mears bus. No neat little welcome movie but it got me where I wanted to go in pretty good time.

Of course there were the obligatory stops at Old Key West and Saratoga Springs first, but when we finally pulled into POFQ, there was no doubt whatsoever that I had chosen well.....It's not unlike being in love, and catching sight of that special someone when you haven't seen them in a while.....I did wonder what people must think of the lady by herself with the big cheesy grin on her face.....:rolleyes:

Having also had the foresight to do on-line check in, I was able to bypass yet another line (although this one much smaller than the DME masses!) and went to the special window for people who have, indeed, already checked in, on-line. I handed the nice woman my photo ID, she confirmed my package components, handed me my welcome packet and directed me to my room. I scored a 1st-floor room in Building 3, and was seriously like a 30-second walk to the food court!! It was also on a corner which afforded me more privacy (it was along a hallway, though, not one of the king bed, two window corner rooms). Technically it was a standard room, because you could see the parking lot, a teeny bit if you looked through the bushes, but this is what I saw when I looked out my window or stepped out my door:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW010.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW008.jpg

When I walked into the room and put my things down, I did nothing but stand and stare and breathe in deeply for several minutes....If you've ever seen the Albert Finney version of “Scrooge,” I felt just like he did near the end when he wakes up from the 3rd and final ghost experience and realizes he has another chance....he is SO giddy and dances around his room and tosses papers in the air and says “I don't know what to do!!”

Neither did I, at that moment.....So I stood....and savored....and took in every last little detail.....

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW001.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW002.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW004.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW006.jpg

I was home.....:cloud9:

UP NEXT: Esta es la mejor comida que he tenido!

creativeamanda
05-24-2010, 10:09 PM
Oh, how I miss that place! Thanks for reminding me of December--POFQ is truly a special resort!

TarzansKat
05-25-2010, 08:29 AM
I think what hits me most about your post is walking into that room alone.

OMG. The possibilites. The aloneness of it all. And I mean that in a totally good way.

Should I unpack? Should I head straight to a park? Should I get some beignets?

And the only person you have to ask is...yourself!!!! This is going to be so awesome, I can't wait to read more. :thumbsup2

Tinkerbellarella
05-25-2010, 09:15 AM
YAY! It has begun!

I'm a wee bit concerned about the DME lines for Sept. but I'm not going to let it get me too down. Worst case scenario? We'll take a cab if we MUST...somehow. I dunno. The man still isn't convinced about letting them handle the luggage.

I LOVE flying Southwest. I can't count the number of times they've sung to us. LOL

You know that feeling you were describing walking into that room for the first time alone? Know what it was?

Do ya?

Huh?

Huh?

It's Disney Freedom, my friend. And it's fanfreakingtastic.

:flower3:

TarzansKat
05-25-2010, 09:29 AM
YAY! It has begun!

I'm a wee bit concerned about the DME lines for Sept. but I'm not going to let it get me too down. Worst case scenario? We'll take a cab if we MUST...somehow. I dunno. The man still isn't convinced about letting them handle the luggage.

I LOVE flying Southwest. I can't count the number of times they've sung to us. LOL

You know that feeling you were describing walking into that room for the first time alone? Know what it was?

Do ya?

Huh?

Huh?

It's Disney Freedom, my friend. And it's fanfreakingtastic.

:flower3:

LegoMom, forgive the hijack.

Tink, have you thought of using the gentleman you and I had for transportation in May? I know DME is free, and this would be an added expense, but he really is wonderful and if you want to save time, it's worth it. Just a thought. :goodvibes

AlohaAnnie
05-25-2010, 09:47 AM
Yay! The TR has begun :cool1:

I know that feeling, thank you so much for describing it so well. It feels wonderful.

Great start!

:goodvibes

Tinkerbellarella
05-25-2010, 05:12 PM

Tink, have you thought of using the gentleman you and I had for transportation in May? I know DME is free, and this would be an added expense, but he really is wonderful and if you want to save time, it's worth it. Just a thought. :goodvibes

LegoMom, forgive my hijacking the hijack.

I've thought of it and I'm not dismissing it but not moving forward with anything yet. I'm going to keep my eye on availability (still plenty at all of the values WITH the FD promo) and if it gets tight, I may be in touch for his info.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming...

:happytv:

LegoMom3
05-25-2010, 06:44 PM

Could we??!......I mean, does anyone mind if I post more chapters on my TR??!!!:mad:

j/k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lmao::rotfl2:

You guys crack me up. I will interject, though, that if you are arriving on a weekend and can take a Town Car, DO IT!

To my non-hijacking readers, please stay tuned for the next installment, coming soon!:flower3:

TarzansKat
05-26-2010, 07:41 AM

I've thought of it and I'm not dismissing it but not moving forward with anything yet. I'm going to keep my eye on availability (still plenty at all of the values WITH the FD promo) and if it gets tight, I may be in touch for his info.

Roger that. :thumbsup2

Could we??!......I mean, does anyone mind if I post more chapters on my TR??!!!:mad:

A thousand apologies o' gracious one.

:worship::worship::worship::worship:

j/k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lmao::rotfl2:

You guys crack me up. I will interject, though, that if you are arriving on a weekend and can take a Town Car, DO IT!

The Great LegoMom has spoken.

To my non-hijacking readers, please stay tuned for the next installment, coming soon!:flower3:

Do I get to read the next installment too? :flower3:

LegoMom3
05-30-2010, 09:01 AM
It didn't take me long to unpack, change, and put my touring bag together. I gathered my wits about me (hey!...I found some!!) and headed out the door with my all-Magical KTTW card. First stop: Sassagoula Floatworks. (amanda: there are NO “clowns” in the pictures to follow!...lol!) I entered the food court in search of my refillable mug. I have a love affair with Disney's refillable mugs....Ok who am I kidding, I have a love affair with ALL of Disney's mugs. More on that later. I grabbed a mug with a yellow handle, checked out, and filled it with Diet Coke. The Disney magic continued because as I arrived at the bus stop, up pulled an Epcot bus! In no time at all I was in the park and gazing at this:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW012.jpg

..and this....

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW013.jpg

and THIS!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW016.jpg

Somewhere in there I took these photos....I don't know what these flowers are called (their little ID sign was overgrown and hidden) but I thought they were really neat.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW014.jpg

I was headed for my lunch ADR in Mexico, but had time to shoot over to The Land and grab a Soarin' Fastpass. Good thing, because I got one of the last sets of FP's before they ran out, and the Standby line was almost an hour! I took my time wandering over to World Showcase....there was SO much to see, so many flowers and displays....the Flower & Garden Festival is a treat for the eyes and if you haven't seen it and ever have the chance to, GO!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW018.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW019.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW020.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW023.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW026.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW027.jpg

I arrived in Mexico about 20 minutes early and was seated right away. I was pleased to see that they had placed me in a area of empty tables, rather than right on top of other groups of diners. Not that I'm anti-social, but when dining solo at a sit-down restaurant, you just don't want to be surrounded by all those other people and conversations. I was served chips and THE BEST salsa, and was soon treated to THE BEST server......

His name was Sergio and he was fantastic (not to mention adorable...). I bantered in a little bit of Spanish with him, which just tickled him, you could tell. I stopped before absolutely slaughtering the language... I ordered myself a Dos Equis draft lager and, [from the Allears web site]: “Enchiladas Verdes de Pollo - Corn tortilla stuffed with chicken, topped with sour cream, fresh cheese and onions, covered with green tomatilla sauce, and served with black beans.”

O. M. G.

BEST meal I've had in Disney in a long time!!! I love Mexican food, but this was over the top good! And given that I hadn't eaten since the drive into the airport at 5:30am, I ate it all. Every bite. And savored it and wondered how something so good could exist. Did I mention it was really good?!

When my lunch was finished I decided that a stroll around World Showcase was in order. Despite being in Mexico, I headed around to Canada. I always tour WS in a counter-clockwise direction and I just have to start in Canada. On the way I stopped by the DIY Network “Yard Crasher's” exhibit, since that was the show that inspired me to come this time of year in the first place. It was neat to see.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW040.jpg

I also got this shot (yes, I waited nearly 20 minutes for the monorail to come by!)...

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW039.jpg

Now, Canada has beautiful gardens any time of year, but now, during the F&G, it was nothing less than stunning.....LOVED the Bambi garden....

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW045.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW046.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW043.jpg

(to be continued next post!!....)

LegoMom3
05-30-2010, 09:03 AM
I watched the “O Canada!” movie and moved on the United Kingdom. I loved the Twining's Tea gardens with the giant tea cups!!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW056.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW062.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW064.jpg

I actually spent quite a bit of time in the UK, browsing the shops I never get to go into because the boys would be bored. I wasn't ready to bog myself down with bags full of souvenirs, but I made lots of mental notes in the shop that sells Beatles memorabilia. The next thing I decided I wanted to do was see the American Adventure show. Never seen it. High time I do. I snapped a bunch of photos along the way....there was seriously something neat to look at in every direction!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW068.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW070.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW071.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW075.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW077.jpg

I did stop briefly in Japan to watch the drummers. They are just fantastic! There are three different people, all playing a drum at the same time, yet each has to play his/her own rhythm. The end result is amazing.

As I approached the American pavilion, the next show was due to start in less than 10 minutes, so I queued up and found myself standing directly under a blast of some of the coldest air ever! It was heavenly at that moment, since we all know that walking around World Showcase in the heat can be brutal. It was also nice to sit inside and enjoy the show for another 20 minutes or so. And I did enjoy it. I thought it was well-done and very patriotic, which I'm all about. I want to make a point to take my boys there on the next trip; it's history, but in a way that captures your attention and imagination.

I continued my counter-clockwise tour of WS and took yet more pictures...

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW078.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW079.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW082.jpg

...and as I approached Mexico once again, decided it was time to head back to Future World. I took that neat little pathway from the Odyssey Center over towards Test Track, and was delighted to find the Butterfly House and Fairy Garden along the way!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW087.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW089.jpg

Now that I had toured WS, taken in all the sights and sounds and wonder of being in Disney, and - more importantly! - had time to digest my lunch, it was time to get some fun on. I headed straight for Test Track, anxious to use the Single-Rider Line. And that I did, only to discover that it's really not a "single rider" line, but rather they seem to let anyone use it, with the admonition that your party WILL be split up at the end. :headache:

Well la-de-freakin'-da!!.....Hello?!.....it's no benefit to REAL single riders if you let ANY one use the line!!! Ugh. Now granted, the wait in this line was considerably shorter than the stand-by line, but it was not as quick as it should have been. After my brief bout of disgust with the [non-] Disney system, I relaxed and watched the testing going on in the queue area. As I approached the pre-show area, I discovered that there was no pre-show but instead they were just herding everyone straight through that room and into the loading dock. From here it went pretty quick, and I finally found myself sitting in a front row seat!!.....woot!!!! The ride was awesome, as usual....there's nothing quite like that outside speed run to get the ol' adrenaline running!

From Test Track I made my way over to Spaceship Earth. It was getting late, but I still had quite a ways to go until my Soarin' FP time. I love SE. I hate the new narration. And that's all I have to say about that.

I did take this picture when the ride stopped briefly while I was smack in front of this stylin' gal:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW090.jpg

Actually, I wanted a pic of her for a certain someone....You know who you are!:rolleyes:

From SE I headed back over to The Land. I was starting to feel like I might enjoy a little smackeral of something, and the Sunshine Seasons Food Fair is a good place to find it. I headed to the bakery, and was looking at some treat or another, until I approached the case and the Butterfinger Cheesecake grabbed my eyeballs and pulled them front-and-center.......Oooooh!.....Butterfinger Cheesecake!..... There must have been some force field at work here, since I absolutely could not avert my eyes to gaze upon any other selection. So I ordered the Cheesecake, completely enraptured by my choice. And yes, it was that good.:cloud9:

My equally-heavenly ride on Soarin' wrapped up my day at Epcot, and the first day of my solo trip. I opted to skip Illuminations and instead head back to POFQ; people were already leaving the park and I didn't want to deal with the masses later. I had a full day planned tomorrow and wanted to be well-rested and ready to go early!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW092.jpg

UP NEXT: The Best Mother's Day EVER!!!

TarzansKat
05-30-2010, 09:49 AM
Where to begin?

I loved the update!

Brings back some fond memories, and I'm so glad that you got to enjoy so much of Flower and Garden Festival on your very first day! And that's great about the meal in Mexico. I've had some trepidation about eating there, but I heard they may have changed their menu recently? Anyway, glad you enjoyed it.

I'm just loving all the photos, so you keep them coming, miss. This is shaping up to be a great solo trip and I can't wait to see what happens next!

SadieDog
05-31-2010, 07:01 PM
I'm enjoying all the pictures. My favorite at Epcot is the one with the monorail. :thumbsup2

Tinkerbellarella
06-01-2010, 02:41 PM
Ok, let me start off by saying all of your F&GF photos are GORGEOUS. I can't "quote" them all because they're ALL my favs!

I was served chips and THE BEST salsa

RIGHT?! LOVED them. :love:

“Enchiladas Verdes de Pollo - Corn tortilla stuffed with chicken, topped with sour cream, fresh cheese and onions, covered with green tomatilla sauce, and served with black beans.”

O. M. G.

Um.

NO.

N. O. M.

;)

I did take this picture when the ride stopped briefly while I was smack in front of this stylin' gal:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW090.jpg

Actually, I wanted a pic of her for a certain someone....You know who you are!:rolleyes:

You caught me on my "headless" day.
But I was wearing my brand new lemon leggings.

Seriously? It tickles me pink (or pickles me tink LOL) to know that on this day you actually thought of me.

Even if it was ridiculous pleather go-go boots that brought me to mind.

Warm and fuzzies all around. :goodvibes

LegoMom3
06-01-2010, 03:07 PM
Where to begin?

I loved the update!

Brings back some fond memories, and I'm so glad that you got to enjoy so much of Flower and Garden Festival on your very first day! And that's great about the meal in Mexico. I've had some trepidation about eating there, but I heard they may have changed their menu recently? Anyway, glad you enjoyed it.

I'm just loving all the photos, so you keep them coming, miss. This is shaping up to be a great solo trip and I can't wait to see what happens next!

There are SO many photos....I should send you a link to my Photobucket account, where you can see them all. Being limited to 15 pics per DIS post sort of makes me have to pick and choose.

NO complaints about the food in Mexico! If you like authentic Mexican food, you must try it.

I'm enjoying all the pictures. My favorite at Epcot is the one with the monorail. :thumbsup2

On my last trip I had that same shot but without the monorail, and every time I see that picture I think, Wow, that would be the perfect picture with the monorail in it! So I waited this time. And talked to some baby ducks to pass the time...:rolleyes:

Um.

NO.

N. O. M.

;)

[Dope-slaps self].....OF COURSE!....How could I forget!!.....It was NOM-TASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup2

You caught me on my "headless" day.
But I was wearing my brand new lemon leggings.

Seriously? It tickles me pink (or pickles me tink LOL) to know that on this day you actually thought of me.

Yes, you are looking a little headless there, aren't you? Ah well, the leggings draw the eye anyway. And srsly, THIS day??!....you and TK were with so with me in spirit on this trip. Esp. at Casey's......:rolleyes1

creativeamanda
06-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Great update, Legomom--those flowers are so beautiful! It's strange how just a couple of weeks later and they are no where to be seen, lol!

LegoMom3
06-01-2010, 03:12 PM
I just selected and purchased two Photopass pics of myself from the trip. Did 'em up a bit with the fun borders and all. I've also decided that on our next big family trip, I'm going to pre-order the CD and just go nuts with the Photopass ops. I love taking pictures, but you know what?....I actually would like to have one trip where I'm not bogged down by the camera and always thinking "Ooh!...I need a shot of that!" So I'll let the PhotoPass guys work their magic and take all our family pictures. :crowded:

LegoMom3
06-01-2010, 03:15 PM
Great update, Legomom--those flowers are so beautiful! It's strange how just a couple of weeks later and they are no where to be seen, lol!

Hey amanda!! Glad you're enjoying the TR. What's more amazing is that most of the F&G displays are probably taken down in ONE night!! They have to be fully up on the last full day, and completely GONE the next! I've seen shows about the Christmas decorations going up, and it's just amazing what their crews can do overnight....

LegoMom3
06-10-2010, 08:44 AM
Hey y'all, I haven't abandoned this little TR!! Life is getting in the way of the real important stuff, like DISing and finishing this report!:rolleyes:

Anyway, it's a big chapter and I want to do it right and I want to do it well, so hang in there, it's coming!!

SadieDog
06-10-2010, 01:45 PM
Looking forward to seeing more pics. You take a great shot. :thumbsup2

Tinkerbellarella
06-10-2010, 01:48 PM
Looking forward to seeing more pics. You take a great shot. :thumbsup2

HIT ME WITH YOUR BEST SHOT! FIRE AWAAAAAY!

Sorry.

I was channeling my inner Pat Benetar.

Looking forward to the next update!

LegoMom3
06-14-2010, 12:53 PM
Day 2.

Mother's Day.

Best. Day. Ever.

The End.

No no!....just kidding. But I'll tell ya, I'm having a hard time figuring out the writing of this installment. The day WAS perfect and it was, indeed, the best Mother's Day ever (birth of children aside, of course....). It's hard to put something like this into words. It was experienced....lived.... Some things just don't have the right words. It was--

Magical.....

I was up early and on my coffee walk by 6:30am. POFQ is particularly wonderful at that hour. So quiet and peaceful. I filled my mug and returned to my room to get ready for the day. I had decided ahead of time that this was the day I would wear my “Do Not Disturb – Mom on Vacation” t-shirt. Seemed appropriate. I stopped by the food court for another fill-up on my way out, and was at the bus stop at 7:30, where the Disney magic once again came through and I hopped on the Animal Kingdom bus that was just pulling up.

* sigh *...:wizard:

I arrived at AK right about 8:00am. It was SO empty at the front gate! Just a few families trickling in for their breakfast ADRs. There was a CM with a big basket of flowers and he immediately approached me with a big smile and "Happy Mother's Day!" I chose a white carnation from the basket and sat and enjoyed the first of many special moments that day.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW098.jpg

Around 8:30 people were starting to gather around the turnstyles, so I made my way up to one of them and got right up front - first in line!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW101.jpg

What a beautiful view!.....lol!

As the CMs began to gather on the other side of the turnstyles, they interacted with each and the crowd and it was so fun to be there and be involved. I could fully immerse myself in this without having to entertain kids or worry that everyone was together. It was Just. ME.

Heavenly.

When the green light was given to enter the park, I scanned my ticket and my finger and proceeded to the right and again got a front row - for Rope Drop!!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW102.jpg

There was a brief little opening ceremony with Mickey and friends on their safari jeep. It was cute.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW103.jpg

At exactly 9:00am, the CMs at each end of the rope began the fast walk to the major attractions: EE to the right, Safari to the left. I was headed to the safari (and it is a looooong walk!!), determined to be on the first trip of the day. And that I did.....and I got the very last row!! Which I thought was great because there was only one couple there with me, and as the vehicle is moving past things, you can turn around and have a wide open clear shot for photographing animals!

I took this pic while waiting for the trip to begin.....I'd never noticed it before and thought it was kind of funny....

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW105.jpg

Finally under way!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW106.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW109.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW111.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW113.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW114.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW116.jpg

I took far more pictures than what's posted here. I'm limited in my posting space and I might put up an "installment" at the end that's just all the miscellaneous photos that got left out. Anyway...

The plan after my safari ride was to head to Asia and ride Expedition Everest while it was still early. I like the walkway from Africa to Asia - it's quiet and peaceful and usually not very crowded. This morning it was practically empty. I was ambling along, enjoying the atmosphere, when what should catch my eye but FLIK!!.....with NO line! I'm almost embarrassed to say how excited I got over this. I turned hard right and down to the meet-n-greet area. I got a fabulous Photopass pic here and this has quickly become one of my all-time favorite Disney photos....

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW124.jpg

Notice how Flik and I are color-coordinated?!....I knew it was the right day to wear that shirt!!..:rotfl:

And if that weren't enough, just around the corner up on the other side of the walkway I spied Baloo and King Louie!!....took advantage of no line there, either (although I have to tell you that in both character spots here, the people who were coming and going for photos were ALL adults!....so I felt right at home!).

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW127.jpg

Still beaming over my luck with the characters, I made my way to EE, hopped in the Single Rider Line and discovered that this was, indeed, a true Single Rider Line.:rolleyes:

And I got the last row!! Which, for roller-coaster fans, we all know is the best and fastest ride. The teenage girl that I was seated with rode the entire thing without so much as a whimper!.....meanwhile I was screaming like a banshee!! I love that ride, I really do. The drop that curves and banks at the bottom is SO freakin' fantastic. As the "Unofficial Guide" used to say, Warning: This Ride Will Muss Your 'Do! The ups-and-downs in the dark are great. The reverse spiral......well, I'll reserve judgment on that. Freaks me out. Every time. I did see the Yeti, thanks to actually keeping my eyes open. But it's still not moving.. I thought I read somewhere that it's too heavy for its hydraulics and that's why it's always broken down. Still pretty fearsome, though.

Next on my AK "to do" list was lunch at Flame Tree BBQ, but I had plenty of time to kill before they opened, so I decided to cross Discovery Island, take in a few shops, and head over to Camp Minnie Mickey.

I have always wanted to get this shot!....

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW130.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW131.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW133.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW134.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW141.jpg

There were several characters out for meet-n-greets, but long lines and I didn't want to stand around that long. I noticed this well and then noticed that it's a cleverly-placed water fountain! How cool is that....

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW142.jpg

On my way back to Discovery Island I stopped at an ice cream cart for a Mickey Premium ice cream bar. I sat on a bench in the shade and just enjoyed "being" in Disney. Watching people, listening to the BGM...just taking in the little details. I really could have sat there for hours and been perfectly content, but lunch time was drawing near and I had a hot date to keep.....

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW144.jpg

I arrived back at Flame Tree with a few minutes to spare before opening, and just about that time The Village Beatniks started to play. They are tons of fun and if you're a shy person, I recommend you watch from a distance!! I sat on a bench behind the bushes where I could see, but not be seen.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW145.jpg

At 11:00am I was in line at Flame Tree BBQ, and by 11:05 I had my order (BBQ pork sandwich, Key Lime mousse, and lg. Diet Coke!) and was on my way down to the lower seating area. The music that I love and am oh-so-familiar with was being piped in through the tropical setting.....I found a seat in the shade and closed my eyes and just listened.....these are the moments that are going to take me back in the long months before I get back to The World.....the little moments that give you goosebumps and where you can remember EVERY thing -- the sounds, the smells, the feel of the breeze...My Happy Place.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW147.jpg

Up Next: Mother's Day - Part 2!

Tinkerbellarella
06-14-2010, 01:12 PM
and I got the very last row!! Which I thought was great because there was only one couple there with me, and as the vehicle is moving past things, you can turn around and have a wide open clear shot for photographing animals!

I've NEVER thought of it that way. Hmm...food for thought! :scratchin

And I got the last row!! Which, for roller-coaster fans, we all know is the best and fastest ride.

While BF and I are HUGE coaster enthusiasts, I can't do the last row. Makes me physically ill! We're you're opposites - we're front row people. :thumbsup2

The music that I love and am oh-so-familiar with was being piped in through the tropical setting.....I found a seat in the shade and closed my eyes and just listened.....these are the moments that are going to take me back in the long months before I get back to The World.....the little moments that give you goosebumps and where you can remember EVERY thing -- the sounds, the smells, the feel of the breeze...My Happy Place.

I'm all goosepimply just thinking about this. :goodvibes

TarzansKat
06-15-2010, 07:58 AM
The beginning of your day sounds just delightful.

I feel like I'm there with you, enjoying all the sights and sounds. :goodvibes

SadieDog
06-15-2010, 08:09 AM
What a cute picture with Flik. :thumbsup2

LegoMom3
07-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Leaving Animal Kingdom, I stopped at The Outpost gift shop to have a look around. I quickly found a neat AK-themed scrap book layout kit, and apparently also purchased something else that I can't remember, nor can I decipher the receipt!! It reads: "TS WDW VL BLU YM." Hmm...something blue and yummy??! A table service?!....what's a "VL?"! Oh well, no matter I guess....whatever it is, I trust it's serving its purpose!http://www.passporterboards.com/forums/images/smilies/tongue.gif

I was giving myself some down time this afternoon, before my Afternoon Tea and late night at the Magic Kingdom. I took some photos around POFQ and browsed around Jackson Square Gifts....

My building....
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW152.jpg

Courtyard looking towards the lobby....
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW153.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW157.jpg

Then, despite it being the heat of the day and quite warm, I went to the hot tub for a soak. It had been very crowded the night before. It still felt quite good, but I just didn't linger too long. Decided after that to have a swim in the pool, and that was refreshing!

There was still quite a while before I had to be at the Grand Floridian Tea Room, but after my swim I was ready to venture out again so I set off for MK, stopping at Sassagoula to fill up on Diet Coke on my way out. I was early enough that I decided to go into the MK for a bit, and as I entered the park I just caught the end of this parade:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW159.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW160.jpg

I love Sweetums!!

Heading to Tomorrowland, I went for the WEDway and got a front row seat!! I could ride this all day, I swear I could....

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW163.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW164.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW166.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW167.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW169.jpg

After a spin on the WEDway, I snapped that pic of my favorite little aliens and then bought a frozen Coke at the nearby Lunching Pad. I did a lot of just poking around Main Street, looking at this and that, listening to BGM..... When I determined it was time to head to the GF, I hopped on the monorail and enjoyed the trip around Bay Lake.

I was still a bit early but headed in to find the Tea Room and at least check in. I had never been in the GF before and it was quite stunning. It's not my style, and not someplace I ever aspire to stay at, but it is beautifully done. Realizing I was on the 2nd floor and needed to be on the lower level, I followed the signs for the stairs....as I came around the corner and started to descend, the staircase blew me away -- all I could think of was This is the flippin' Titanic on land!!! Dude.....that staircase is HUGE! I guess when you think about it, the period is roughly the same as the Titanic, so there were plenty of details in the GF to remind you of it.

Anyway, the Tea Room was just to the right at the bottom of the stairs, so I gave my name and sat in a big comfy chair to wait. And wait. And wait. I was 20 minutes early, and the Tea Room was FULL....so I ended up waiting probably close to 40 minutes before I got seated. Maybe more, I'm not sure. But it was SO WORTH IT!! I was given another flower for Mother's Day, and didn't feel at all out of place being here alone. I ordered the Sally Lunn tea, only it turns out they had just run out of Sally Lunn bread! But my lovely server offered me two scones instead, which was fine with me and they were delicious. For dessert I was supposed to have a choice of strawberries & cream or the trifle, but I was also offered my choice of two pastries, which I accepted with delight! These pastries are part dessert, part art form! SO delicate, and served on this fancy silver tiered tray! I got a fruit tart and a chocolate eclair. For tea I got the Floral Jasmine Green......and I nearly finished the entire pot!! OMG it was sooooooo yummy. Very light, and just sweet enough.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/0509001723.jpg

I lingered over my tea and morsels just long enough, and then it was high time to return to the MK and get some fun on! It was EMH that night and I planned to stay and play for as long as I could keep my eyelids propped open!

Before it even got dark I managed to take in Big Thunder Mt. RR twice, Pirates, the WEDway again, Buzz Lightyear and Philharmagic. MK is SO awesome after dark! I took this photo on the back of the castle....I had never noticed those windows before!! I also like the giant peeking in at the back of Sir Mickey's.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW176.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW177.jpg

Just before EMH officially started, I decided to ride the Jungle Cruise. It's not a "must-do" for me but there was no line at all (matter of fact I'm pretty certain I was on the last boat of the night). It ended up being a good decision because we had a GREAT skipper! One of the funniest moments of this day was when we were about to go through the little tunnel formed by the Asian "ruins", and he said, in his best Gene Wilder Willy Wonka voice -- "There's no way of really knowing....." ALL the adults on that boat just roared!!! It was SO funny and SO appropriate....

By the end of that ride I was feeling some hungry, so I hopped over to Casey's Corner for my favorite meal of a Casey's dog with cheese fries.....At this point everyone was vying for position outside for Wishes, so I had no problem pulling up a corner table in the back. I think Casey's is the only place in world that I actually enjoy a simple hotdog, that much. Yum - O. But, being Casey's, and having the reputation it does among myself and a couple of dear friends, there was just no way that this was going to be "just" a meal....Oh no. I can't eat here without thinking of that one experience in particular -- fries up the nostril and all -- so those two dear friends were front and center in my mind as I sat down to eat. Now, Casey's serves their dogs in this nice little foil/paper wrapper to preserve maximum warmth from steamer to your mouth. As I opened the bag, I tilted it a bit with my left hand, which evidently caused some dislodging in there because my right hand reached in and grabbed nothin' but a warm, naked hot dog.....It was so unexpected and SO inappropriate that I laughed out loud and probably turned 5 kinds of red.....DED! OMG what IS it with this place?!!:lmao:

Moving right along!.....

I spent the rest of the evening running around from this attraction to the next.....took in the Haunted Mansion at night! Also BTMRR.....fantastic at night!! I had a Fastpass for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and a great CM who let me wait for a front row! I caught the end of Wishes from Fantasyland right after that....it was cool to be practically right underneath it all!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW150.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW171.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW180.jpg

I think I finally called it night somewhere around 11:30pm, and headed back to POFQ and my comfy, fluffy bed.....

And THAT, was just about the BEST Mother's Day EVER.

--------------------------------

Up Next: I Will Finish this TR If It Kills Me!!!!!!!

creativeamanda
07-05-2010, 09:17 PM
That has to be the best Mother's day ever. I am so impressed with everything you got done that day. And the tea? This is something I have to do with my girls next time around!

LegoMom3
07-05-2010, 09:26 PM
That has to be the best Mother's day ever. I am so impressed with everything you got done that day. And the tea? This is something I have to do with my girls next time around!

It was aMAZing what I could get done being the only one making decisions!! I did whatever I wanted, sometimes planned, sometimes on a whim.

LOVED. It....:love:

SadieDog
07-13-2010, 07:17 AM
That was a fun read.
I :lovestruc Kermit. I would have been thrilled to see him.

LegoMom3
07-13-2010, 09:36 AM
Ham (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001652/): I seriously doubt he's getting this kind of mileage.

It's hard to top a day like Mother's Day was for me, but the next day did not disappoint. One. Bit. How could so much magic happen to one person, in one trip?! Makes a gal feel special, I'll tell ya. But we're going to come close to topping it today!.....today, we are going to do three parks plus Downtown Disney!! Only on a solo, baby.....only on a solo!

The day began early, as usual. Coffee walk to fill my mug, return to room to get ready for the day, refill mug again on the way to the bus stop, and hop on the bus that you want that arrives just as you get to the bus stop! Woo hoo! I was on my way to the Studios. And again, my timing was perfect. It is SOOO quiet at the parks at this hour! A few early-morning go-getters like myself, milling around, snapping pics and waiting first in line at a turnstyle!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW182.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW183.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW184.jpg

When we were allowed into the park, we went part way down Hollywood Blvd. to The Rope, where we were greeted by CMs who were from the various attractions and dressed to match. They gave us the spiel about how we would WALK to the attractions, how we would NOT pass them, and how it would be an orderly mass stampede! Then we got the little opening ceremony from some Streetmosphere players....

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW185.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW187.jpg

Now, I should add here that I have never, ever done the mad rush for Toy Story Mania. The last time I was here, we arrived just after opening and putzed our way through the park. We lucked out in that there were still Fastpasses available by the time we got to TSM at the late hour of 10:30am, but on this trip I wanted to ride and ride more than once. I followed the TSM CMs as fast as my vertically-challenged legs could move, and was FIRST to one of the Fastpass kiosks!! What an amazing feeling..... Now, this is where I should have jumped right into the standby line....it was already filling up, but what had also already filled up was my bladder (remember that double refill on the mug?!.....yeah.....That.) Fortunately there are restrooms right around the corner and in the time it took for me to detour there, the standby line didn't fill up terribly much. I think the wait was listed at 20 minutes or so, but since I had never had the chance to enjoy the queue area for this ride, I didn't mind the chance to do just that.

This ride is a BLAST. It needs no words. It needs to be experienced! Seriously I could do it over and over and over. This was my score:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/Mobile%20Uploads/0510000934.jpg

When I finished with my first round, I had just enough time to kill before my FP return time to grab a quick bite at the pastry cart that was conveniently located smack dab across from the TSM exit.... I got a cheese danish but NO coffee. The World's Smallest Bladder had had enough exercise for one morning, thank you very much. So I went for my second go-round on TSM, enjoyed it every bit as much (more?!), and can believe I got the exact. same. score....!

After TSM I walked to the Backlot Studio Tour. Had missed that on the last trip due to a sorry combination of the Hurricane Ike torrential rain bands and not having Park Hoppers.... Now I hadn't done this since '96 so I barely remembered any of it. I didn't remember the boat scene at the beginning where the volunteers show what goes into making an action scene (and a wet one at that!). That was pretty cool. After that we went through a really, really cool store room for all manner of props. Onto the tram, and off on our tour!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW189.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW192.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW194.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW198.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW199.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW204.jpg

Following the tram ride, you go through another section of props and costumes...All I could think was how much my boys would love to see this stuff!

Darth Maul costume...
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW205.jpg

King Miraz.....
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW208.jpg

...and Davy Jones' organ!!
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW210.jpg

After the Backlot tour, I turned back towards Pixar Place and wanted to see Walt Disney: One Man's Dream. This was really, really fascinating. I think a lot of people pass it by as uninteresting because it's not a ride, but as far as I'm concerned it's not to be missed, at least once in your life. After the walk-through section there is a short film, which has a lot of old footage and I really enjoyed that.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW214.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW216.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW217.jpg

About now it was getting to be lunchtime-ish, and since all I'd eaten so far were two cups of coffee and a cheese danish, the ol' tummy was talkin'! I decided on Toy Story Pizza Planet for lunch; I happen to like the pizza served at WDW and wasn't in the mood for burger fare or the like. Since it was early I walked right up to place my order and took my meal of cheese pizza, salad, a choc. chip cookie and GINORMOUS Diet Coke outside to sit under an umbrella table. It was quiet, there was background music, and I was fairly well in solo-trip heaven....

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW218.jpg

I took this photo in the Muppet shop.....

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW219.jpg

And saw Lightning and MATER!!!.....

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW221.jpg

At this point I had done all I wanted to do here, and was ready to move on to the next part of my day, so I started back towards the entrance. The Streetmosphere players were out so I stopped to watch for a bit......They are SO funny and this director/actress pair were fantastic!!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW226.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW228.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW230.jpg

I was sort of amazed at what I had accomplished in a mere 4 hours at this park, but again, that's the beauty of being by myself! And the day had really only begun...!

SadieDog
07-13-2010, 01:26 PM
Loving the pics, as always.

LegoMom3
07-13-2010, 01:37 PM
That was a fun read.
I :lovestruc Kermit. I would have been thrilled to see him.

Loving the pics, as always.

Thanks SadieDog!...:goodvibes I think you're the last lone follower of this TR, but I do appreciate it! And there's LOTS more pics to come....Stay tuned!!:thumbsup2

SadieDog
07-13-2010, 01:50 PM
Looking forward to your updates.

Since I have no idea when I can get back, I love reading about the trips and seeing all the pics.

creativeamanda
07-13-2010, 04:53 PM
Wow--I have never done the Backlot tour, but it is something I think I need to do. Thanks for the pictures--I needed to see them.

How close was building 3 to the front?

LegoMom3
07-13-2010, 06:13 PM
Wow--I have never done the Backlot tour, but it is something I think I need to do. Thanks for the pictures--I needed to see them.

How close was building 3 to the front?

Dude Bldg 3 IS the front!! Seriously, if you look up at my pic there, from where I took that shot, the entrance to the arcade and the gift shop are to my right, and behind me is the courtyard. At my brisk morning pace I was literally a 30-second walk to the food court!! Technically it was a "standard" room (you could just barely see the parking lot to the right of my door, if you peeked up and over the bushes) but it was SO. CLOSE. I loved it.

And really?....you've never done the Backlot Tour?! It's really interesting and I highly recommend it!

Tinkerbellarella
07-27-2010, 02:30 PM
Heading to Tomorrowland, I went for the WEDway and got a front row seat!! I could ride this all day, I swear I could....

A lady after my own heart. :love:

After a spin on the WEDway, I snapped that pic of my favorite little aliens and then bought a frozen Coke at the nearby Lunching Pad.

A lady after TK's DH's own heart. LOL!

as I came around the corner and started to descend, the staircase blew me away -- all I could think of was This is the flippin' Titanic on land!!! Dude.....that staircase is HUGE!

I ordered the Sally Lunn tea, only it turns out they had just run out of Sally Lunn bread!

SHUT UP! :sad1:

Ah well, just a reason to have tea there again. Sally Lunn bread simply MUST be experienced!

For dessert I was supposed to have a choice of strawberries & cream or the trifle, but I was also offered my choice of two pastries, which I accepted with delight!

Probably a good choice. You get about a quart of strawberries and a pound of fresh cream. You'd have been full to overflowing.

DELIGHTFULLY so.

NOM.

It ended up being a good decision because we had a GREAT skipper! One of the funniest moments of this day was when we were about to go through the little tunnel formed by the Asian "ruins", and he said, in his best Gene Wilder Willy Wonka voice -- "There's no way of really knowing....."

I've had that skipper ::yes:: He IS fantastic.

But, being Casey's, and having the reputation it does among myself and a couple of dear friends, there was just no way that this was going to be "just" a meal....Oh no. I can't eat here without thinking of that one experience in particular -- fries up the nostril and all -- so those two dear friends were front and center in my mind as I sat down to eat. Now, Casey's serves their dogs in this nice little foil/paper wrapper to preserve maximum warmth from steamer to your mouth. As I opened the bag, I tilted it a bit with my left hand, which evidently caused some dislodging in there because my right hand reached in and grabbed nothin' but a warm, naked hot dog.....It was so unexpected and SO inappropriate that I laughed out loud and probably turned 5 kinds of red.....DED! OMG what IS it with this place?!!:lmao:

I've already informed BF we'll be getting "naked hot dogs" and "special fries". ;)

The World's Smallest Bladder had had enough exercise for one morning, thank you very much.

We must be related. Cousins perhaps? When I drink any kind of alcohol my bladder shrinks by about 90%.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW199.jpg

A get a little faklempt every time I see this, knowing Walt used it to create my Happy Place. :goodvibes

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW214.jpg

Oh Walt. I'm faklempt again.
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/LegoMom3/SoloWDW/WDW219.jpg

Don't look here.

Or here.

;)

LegoMom3
07-27-2010, 04:31 PM
A lady after my own heart. :love:

A lady after TK's DH's own heart. LOL!

SHUT UP! :sad1:

Ah well, just a reason to have tea there again. Sally Lunn bread simply MUST be experienced!

Probably a good choice. You get about a quart of strawberries and a pound of fresh cream. You'd have been full to overflowing.

DELIGHTFULLY so.

NOM.

I've had that skipper ::yes:: He IS fantastic.

I've already informed BF we'll be getting "naked hot dogs" and "special fries". ;)

We must be related. Cousins perhaps? When I drink any kind of alcohol my bladder shrinks by about 90%.

A get a little faklempt every time I see this, knowing Walt used it to create my Happy Place. :goodvibes

Oh Walt. I'm faklempt again.

Don't look here.

Or here.

;)

Well I have been busy beyond belief (summertime at a camp = crazy-busy!!), but Tink, your responses here today have renewed my desire to finish this little TR.....Thank you.:goodvibes

I will have to try to get to it later tonight or EARLY tomorrow, but I will finish it!:thumbsup2