PDA

View Full Version : Just have to tell you...

morgansmom2000
10-04-2009, 07:55 AM
I made those Chocolate Pumpkin "muffins" on Thursday. I'm not a religious person, but I swear I saw the sweet baby Jesus when I tried them. Holy moly, they are the best EVER. However, they are not muffins, they are little mini cakes in muffin cups :lmao:

DH loves them, PrincessM is WILD about them. I'm definitely going to be making more! Thanks for the recipe!

lovingthemouse
10-04-2009, 09:30 AM
Jennifer, I must have missed that recipe, and it sounds wonderful - can you share it please? Thanks. Caroline

PinballFamily
10-04-2009, 10:01 AM
Hey - glad you guys love them SO much - aren't they delish?

I'll have to poke through my recent posts to find the daily grind thread I used to post the recipe - I can't remember which day that was. (The way my head and neck have been feeling for the past few days after the car crash, sometimes I can't remember WHO I AM! Just kidding...but barely. :sick:)

I'll try to find it and repost for you, Caroline.

Pam

PinballFamily
10-04-2009, 10:07 AM
FROM THE DAILY GRIND THREAD FROM 9/21/09:

Calanniebu said it was a WeightWatchers recipe - I made a couple of tinkerings with it - so easy and the kids have NO idea these are healthy-ish.

1 15oz. can of pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
1 box of chocolate cake mix (anything - choc fudge, devils food, etc.)
1 egg
Handful of chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients together - batter will be VERY stiff - I use my KitchenAid mixer. In our house, this makes exactly 12 very large muffins. (So, they're probably kinda more than the 2 points suggested by WW )

Bake at 350 for 20 min. That's it!

They taste really good and chocolatey - the kids scarf them down. Sorry, morgansmom - they don't taste pumpkiny at all. (I make double batches in the hope *some* end up in the freezer for school day breakfasts - but they don't last that long around here!) And they're nice to share with friends. I think TinkerBean is enjoying one of hers today - is it good?Glad you like the recipe/muffins!

Apparently, it is an "oldie but goodie" I had never heard of, until Calanniebu generously brought a batch of these to a summer crop and I ate an embarrassing number of them (as did Z2H)!!! If anyone else tinkers with the recipe and finds even more yummy flavor - be sure to let us all know...

party of 3
10-04-2009, 12:49 PM
OMG i have got to have one of those right NOW!!!!

i have got to get out of this house today! so i'll try to pick up the stuff i need to make these.

did you have to tease me like this Jennifer?????
;)

morgansmom2000
10-04-2009, 01:16 PM
I have one left, come on over!

(I did pick up everything to make another batch, maybe I'll bring them to the crop on Saturday ;) ).

Macca1111
10-04-2009, 02:17 PM
That sound FABULOUS! And super easy...I'll have to go shopping.

calanniebu
10-04-2009, 03:14 PM
:-) yup that's the recipe. A box of chocolate cake mix and a can of pumpkin. I don't doctor it but I'm sure it's good doctored as well. :D

BernardandMissBianca
10-04-2009, 05:10 PM
I expect to see a huge tray of these at the crop this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa
10-04-2009, 05:51 PM

(I did pick up everything to make another batch, maybe I'll bring them to the crop on Saturday ;) ).

Jennifer, you make those and I'll make the pumpkin spice ones. We can all do a taste test. :goodvibes

BernardandMissBianca
10-04-2009, 06:10 PM
Jennifer, remind me to bring your pages!!!!!

ddavis860
10-04-2009, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the review! I calculated the points, and 12 muffins is 4 points each...

I haven't made them yet...need the choc cake mix...

morgansmom2000
10-04-2009, 07:02 PM
Jennifer, you make those and I'll make the pumpkin spice ones. We can all do a taste test. :goodvibes

Sounds like a plan!

I expect to see a huge tray of these at the crop this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huge tray? I don't know about a huge tray. How about 12 good sized muffins or 24 smaller ones? Oooh, I could do some bite-sized ones. I'll probably do some with and some without the chocolate chips.

Jennifer, remind me to bring your pages!!!!!

You bet I will! This is your first reminder ;)

party of 3
10-04-2009, 07:28 PM

that sounds like a good idea! what can i make........you want somethin' to pick at? or what?

buffy- can i bring the minnie costume instead of mailing it? i was going to get it ready to mail tonight.

lisa-what can i bring for you??

morgansmom2000
10-04-2009, 07:46 PM
that sounds like a good idea! what can i make........you want somethin' to pick at? or what?

buffy- can i bring the minnie costume instead of mailing it? i was going to get it ready to mail tonight.

Honey, you can bring anything, I like it all. I am stopping at Starbucks for a Pumpkin Spice latte (venti!) for the day.

BernardandMissBianca
10-04-2009, 08:05 PM
Huge tray? I don't know about a huge tray. How about 12 good sized muffins or 24 smaller ones? Oooh, I could do some bite-sized ones. I'll probably do some with and some without the chocolate chips.

which ever is easier for you!

that would be perfect!

Just your sweet smiling face!!!!

Honey, you can bring anything, I like it all. I am stopping at Starbucks for a Pumpkin Spice latte (venti!) for the day.
SWEET!!! I don't particularly care for the Pumpkin Spice myself but a grande Non Fat Caramel Macchiato would be awesome!! There is a Starbucks right down the road in the shopping center with Michael's and the Big Joann's.

lovingthemouse
10-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Ok - i am bringing my camera - need to get some shots of these muffins before they are devoured.
LindaBabe and I will be there - we're looking forward to seeing all of you! :yay:
Lisa- i'll bring some food along too. Caroline

BernardandMissBianca
10-04-2009, 09:15 PM
What do I bring????

Lisa, did you remember to get more utensils? I know we were running low in August.

Guess I need to download and print my 365 pics!!!

Lisa
10-05-2009, 03:54 AM

I am going to do smaller ones. I thought the bite size would be the right size.

Definitely your smiling face, and a hug.:hug:

What do I bring????

Lisa, did you remember to get more utensils? I know we were running low in August.

Guess I need to download and print my 365 pics!!!

Good to know you are coming. Thanks for the reminder of the utensils. I'll pick some up tomorrow after DD's dr. appt.

party of 3
10-05-2009, 01:38 PM
lisa- do you do the lunch? 'cause i'll make asian chicken salad if you want?
since you and jennifer are making goodies!!!
is there a fridge?

morgansmom2000
10-05-2009, 01:40 PM
SWEET!!! I don't particularly care for the Pumpkin Spice myself but a grande Non Fat Caramel Macchiato would be awesome!! There is a Starbucks right down the road in the shopping center with Michael's and the Big Joann's.

Hot or iced? I owe you a goodie for trucking my pages to and from WDW (they had a way better vacation than me this year!). (Which way do I turn out of the parking lot, I think that's where we got lost last time)?

party of 3
10-05-2009, 01:42 PM
can we go to the big Jo's over there??? PLLLLEEEEAAASSSSEEE!

morgansmom2000
10-05-2009, 01:45 PM
can we go to the big Jo's over there??? PLLLLEEEEAAASSSSEEE!

Of course! I'll have other goodies for you too, my shipment is arriving on Thursday ;)

party of 3
10-05-2009, 01:48 PM
crap! i have not put my check in the mail yet. can i give it to you Sat?

morgansmom2000
10-05-2009, 01:48 PM
crap! i have not put my check in the mail yet. can i give it to you Sat?

Abso-smurfly! No rush :)

Lisa
10-05-2009, 06:45 PM
lisa- do you do the lunch? 'cause i'll make asian chicken salad if you want?
since you and jennifer are making goodies!!!
is there a fridge?

No fridge, but what is this asian chicken salad you speaketh of? I am thinking I need to see that recipe. I will be providing lunch. Nothing fancy but it will be filling and knowing all who attend, plentiful with goodies.

party of 3
10-05-2009, 06:59 PM
it's one of my fav's lisa. i'll bring the recipe with me on sat. ok?
i'll bring somethin'. fear not! let me put my thinkin' cap on!

Lisa
10-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Only bring something if you want to, but there is no need if you have too much going on this week. That goes for all of you. :goodvibes

BernardandMissBianca
10-05-2009, 07:45 PM
Hot or iced? I owe you a goodie for trucking my pages to and from WDW (they had a way better vacation than me this year!). (Which way do I turn out of the parking lot, I think that's where we got lost last time)?

Hot, don't worry about bringing me anything. I don't know when I'll get there so I'll just grab one on the way in.

when you leave the scrap place turn left and go down to the BIG intersection and turn right. Starbucks is on the right.

morgansmom2000
10-06-2009, 05:55 AM
Alrighty!

BernardandMissBianca
10-06-2009, 09:06 AM
Lisa, are we by chance having Grandma Birdseye's famous Garlic Chicken recipe??? We had that (and grilled cheese :rolleyes:) for dinner last night. And I have more for lunch today! YUM!!!

MazdaUK
10-06-2009, 09:19 AM
I made a similar thing with carrot cake mix and DH was freaked by it but the kids adored them! I must try with chocolate cake (but we don't get tinned pumpkin very often - the store stocks it round about now though :thumbsup2)

morgansmom2000
10-06-2009, 09:50 AM
I made a similar thing with carrot cake mix and DH was freaked by it but the kids adored them! I must try with chocolate cake (but we don't get tinned pumpkin very often - the store stocks it round about now though :thumbsup2)

It's finally out in stores here!

Lisa
10-06-2009, 07:05 PM
Lisa, are we by chance having Grandma Birdseye's famous Garlic Chicken recipe??? We had that (and grilled cheese :rolleyes:) for dinner last night. And I have more for lunch today! YUM!!!

Grandma Birdeye's recipe was all sold out. Now I know why. ;):rotfl2:

Isn't that good?

morgansmom2000
10-06-2009, 08:01 PM
From where does this chicken come? I may need to try it ;)

Lisa
10-06-2009, 08:21 PM
It's our Grandma Birdseye recipe. Grandma is nice enough to make plenty for all of us and store it at our local grocer in the frozen foods section. :rolleyes1

We have the best Grandma. :laughing:

BernardandMissBianca
10-06-2009, 10:55 PM
Grandma Birdeye's recipe was all sold out. Now I know why. ;):rotfl2:

Isn't that good?

What?!?!? I only bought 3 bags!

BernardandMissBianca
10-06-2009, 11:00 PM
From where does this chicken come? I may need to try it ;)

well, jennifer. Chicken comes from eggs. But then where did the egg come from? And which came first?? :confused3

Seriously though, Granny Birdseye loves her some chicken, and garlic, and broccoli, and corn, oh and don't forget the pasta. She is alllll about the pasta.

psssssttt, Granny really gets her food from Cousin BJ's and Sister Stop and Shop's houses. She likes to chill in the freezer section.

ZeroToHero
10-06-2009, 11:25 PM
You guys sound like you're going to have all the good food! :sad2:

And your "grandmother" sounds like a better cook than mine... ;)

Did I ever tell you about the time that mine made green beans for Thanksgiving? They went into the pot green. When they came out forty minutes later, they were yellow beans.

Apparently forty is synonymous with four. :headache:

morgansmom2000
10-07-2009, 07:55 AM
Ah, that Granny Birdseye...I'll be sure to check her out in the freezer section next time I'm shoppin'.

Ooops, 40 does not equal 4. Never, nowhere, no how!

BernardandMissBianca
10-07-2009, 08:47 AM
Ooops, 40 does not equal 4. Never, nowhere, no how!

:confused3 huh????

ZeroToHero
10-07-2009, 08:56 AM
:confused3 huh????

In reference to my post.... have you had your coffee this morning? :hug:

BernardandMissBianca
10-07-2009, 09:03 AM
In reference to my post.... have you had your coffee this morning? :hug:

no, not yet. But I did have my pink ribbon bagel from Panera!

I've been blinded by the seething anger I have for school this morning so my day has not started on the right foot. And that anger has manifested itself into back spasms. It's a happy happy joy joy day all the way around.

ZeroToHero
10-07-2009, 09:06 AM
no, not yet. But I did have my pink ribbon bagel from Panera!

I've been blinded by the seething anger I have for school this morning so my day has not started on the right foot. And that anger has manifested itself into back spasms. It's a happy happy joy joy day all the way around.

Oh no! Where's Lisa to make you happy when you need her? I don't know what to say to cheer you up..... :(

Can you take something for your back though?

And I've never heard of pink ribbon bagels - going to check them out.

BernardandMissBianca
10-07-2009, 09:20 AM
Pink ribbon bagels are only available at Panera in OCT, they donate a part of the proceeds to a local Breast Cancer center. They have cherries and some sweet bit of something (vanilla maybe) and are shaped like a ribbon. Very yummy.

OK headed back to school for the above mentioned incident. Will share more details later.

morgansmom2000
10-07-2009, 09:25 AM
Note to self, find a Panera on Saturday morning.

BAMB, sorry about the school stuff. Hope it works out.

Just a reminder to put my pages with your croppy stuff for Saturday! Please and thank you :)

tinkryansmom
10-07-2009, 10:37 AM
You all are going to have so much fun!!! YAY for scrapping with friends!:woohoo:

Going to try the muffins this weekend.

BAMB glad you are feeling better. Hope the school thing works out.

BernardandMissBianca
10-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Note to self, find a Panera on Saturday morning.

BAMB, sorry about the school stuff. Hope it works out.

Just a reminder to put my pages with your croppy stuff for Saturday! Please and thank you :)

there is a Panera at the mall, near the scrap place.
Do you want me to bring some bagels in?

You all are going to have so much fun!!! YAY for scrapping with friends!:woohoo:

Going to try the muffins this weekend.

BAMB glad you are feeling better. Hope the school thing works out.

I am feeling much better, thanks! I still get tired quickly and I had another dizzy spell this morning at school but I'm getting there.

morgansmom2000
10-07-2009, 03:08 PM
There's a scrappy store? Eeep! What is the name of it, so I can change my google maps :)

Lisa
10-07-2009, 07:15 PM
OK headed back to school for the above mentioned incident. Will share more details later.

Does that pit in my back yard need to get bigger? I wonder if people are going to question the disappearance of all these people. ;);)pirate::rotfl2:

BernardandMissBianca
10-07-2009, 08:25 PM
There's a scrappy store? Eeep! What is the name of it, so I can change my google maps :)

Um, Lisa's crop. Not scrappy store, scrappy place. You know the place we go to scrap.

Does that pit in my back yard need to get bigger? I wonder if people are going to question the disappearance of all these people. ;);)pirate::rotfl2:

Yep, it needs to be a lot bigger!!!

OK kids it's story time so gather round now.

OK so most of you know I drive my kids to school. Well, we have drop off at the cafeteria doors which are the first set of doors you come to when you come up the driveway. Today it was pouring, like cats, dogs, horses and cows pouring. My friend (broken leg mom, BLM) had gotten one kid out of the car(he took off in the rain) and was going back for the umbrella for the other 2. In the mean time Dr. Mom was walking her DD to the door with an umbrella and the bell rang.
Dr Mom said to the teacher that releases the drop off kids from the cafeteria "Broken leg mom was just running back to the car to get the umbrella and the other 2 kids". Teacher said, "well that's just to bad" and slammed the door in the face of my 3, Dr. Mom and about 6 other kids, not including BLM's kids!!!! I was PO'ed beyond recognition!!!!!! The rule is supposed to be, when the bell rings you release the kids, then go to shut the door. If there are children actively being unloaded then you wait for them to get inside. Things were running a little behind because of the rain, I mean come on, cut the kids some slack. Let them gather their belongings before they open the door and get everything soaked. She was just being a Witch!!

Now this comes on the heels of pick up earlier this week. They have changed things for pick up and now have a table across the hallway with a mean hateful sign on it so we can't walk down the hall during pick up (I have my own issues with that but whatever). Anyway Mrs. B was doing pick up because the librarian went home sick. Mrs B never does pick up, she has other duties but she was filling in until Trampy Mom/teachers aide could get there. Well, BLM was in the middle of signing her kids out when Trampy mom/teachers aide comes running down the hallway screaming at Mrs B and literally snatches the table out from under BLM (mid signature) to move the table then reprimands Mrs B.
BLM was shocked!!! So shocked she was speechless, which is soooo not like her. If it were me I'd have been like, "Back the heck(only not such a nice word) up. You will NOT snatch the table up on me like that."
So I sign my kids out and I'm glaring at trampy mom and I'm talking very loudly to BLM about how incredibly rude that was, and unacceptable, and how she should never, ever talk to MY Mrs B that way. I was ticked!!!!!!!!!

So BLM and I had a nice meeting today with the principal about the behaviors and attitude from the teachers aides. They are all so mean and hateful!!! And I've had it!!!! I'll let you know how it gets resolved.

That and PTO is trying to do a school wide Thanksgiving feast for the kids and we are meeting resistance from the teachers. They are like, feed the homeless, donate the food. OK, we can still do that but the homeless are hungry 364 other days of the year. How about we feed them when everyone else forgets. How about we forgo the teacher appreciation luncheon and donate that food instead.
We have 3 families struggling to feed their kids and I think that this is really important to show these kids a sense of unity and support without putting them in the spotlight. We already do a food drive every year so instead of taking the food to the shelter in the next town, we are going to split that up amongst the 3 families instead. No one will ever know where the food went because I always take it to the places.

Argh!!! Ok, vent of the day is over!

BernardandMissBianca
10-07-2009, 08:31 PM
Oh and here is the "pleasant" sign. I'll have to write down the angry message that goes along with it to share.

http://www.thoughtful-self-improvement.com/image-files/stop-smilie.jpg

NICE!!!!!! :rolleyes:

and honestly I wonder why I bust my patooky for these people.

rlovew
10-07-2009, 08:47 PM
I certainly would be upset too- there is no need for any of that.

Rebecca

rlovew
10-07-2009, 08:47 PM
I certainly would be upset too- there is no need for any of that.

Rebecca

ZeroToHero
10-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Jeez, I would have be in that cafeteria yelling at that woman in front of all the kids 30 seconds after she shut the door. That's awful, for so many reasons!

:hug: I think your food idea is a great one.

And by the way, :rotfl: about Trampy Mom.

lovingthemouse
10-07-2009, 10:03 PM
Oh Buff - how i wish you had been a mom in one of my schools. We did not get to see that many, so any and all kindnesses would have been greatly appreciated. And the names - I laugh to think of the monikers you might have put on some of them!!!! :lmao:
They have a real gem in you - hope they realize that at some point!
See you all Saturday morning!! :wave2:

BernardandMissBianca
10-07-2009, 11:24 PM
Jeez, I would have be in that cafeteria yelling at that woman in front of all the kids 30 seconds after she shut the door. That's awful, for so many reasons!

:hug: I think your food idea is a great one.

And by the way, :rotfl: about Trampy Mom.

I had to restrain myself til I could calm down. The one that slammed the door is the middle school aide, the one with the BIG Girls that doesn't wear a bra, ever, with tank tops. :scared1:

Trampy mom is a piece of work! She has a rather hot looking husband but they are polar opposites. Last year it was the boy toy sub (her BFF in high school). Well I finally had to say something to the principal because other parents were coming up to me asking what was going on. Totally unprofessional in a town this size. Now her new favorite is the middle school teacher who was MY teacher 20 years ago!!!!!
We used to get along but once she started working there, her whole attitude changed.

The last part of the food thing, is we want to start a food pantry in town and have that be the 8th grade legacy. They will do their community service there. Hopefully we can get it to work. Knock on wood.

BernardandMissBianca
10-07-2009, 11:55 PM
Oh Buff - how i wish you had been a mom in one of my schools. We did not get to see that many, so any and all kindnesses would have been greatly appreciated. And the names - I laugh to think of the monikers you might have put on some of them!!!! :lmao:
They have a real gem in you - hope they realize that at some point!
See you all Saturday morning!! :wave2:

Awe, I would have loved to be in your school, or had you in my building. the kids would just love you!
I really hate to teacher bash but my God, some of them are just clueless about the world around them. You, of all people, know what it's like to have a student come to school hungry. Why on earth would they think it's ok to ignore that fact to feed people in another community. I mean yes, they need food too but charity begins at home and you can't help others unless you help yourself.

And not to gloat or anything but I'm doing all of this with DH out of work! My current list is as follows:
1 parent with stage 3 breast cancer and a mastoid in her brain (doing food and kid pick up rotation)
1 teacher with stage 3 breast cancer who had her ovaries removed yesterday and a second mastectomy and reconstruction in November (doing food and kid pick up rotation)
1 parent who has for some unknown reason lost all feeling in her legs (doing food, getting permits, supplies, and labor for a ramp)
3 families with no food
1 8th grader who's father lost his job this week (not including my DH)
and I need to raise money for 10 field trips, and $25,000 for the 8th grade.

Oh and I need to save the world, clean my house (yeah right!), and make my own family happy.

We have a great PTO this year, we finally weeded out the parents that were just there to spy on the teachers but I just can't get past the rift. Sometimes I really wonder why I do it, why any of us do it. But I have to keep saying to myself it's for the kids, it's for the kids. Today was funny, one of the dad's was at cross country and he's like you know the name of every kid on the Cross Country team all 35 of them (grades 4 -8), I'm like I see them every day, I would lay down and die for any one of them. They are all my kids, even the trouble makers.

ZeroToHero
10-07-2009, 11:59 PM
I think you need a medal... wow. You're Super-mom!

And you STILL find time to scrap? I can't even get my homework done before midnight!

BernardandMissBianca
10-08-2009, 12:07 AM
scrap, what's that????? LOL

If you saw my house, you would call social services!!! Well it's not that bad but it's embarrassing enough that we don't have friends over except for BLM. (Her house is just as messy cause she has 3 boys too).

no medals!! eek, it sounds like I'm tooting my own horn. :blush: I don't do it alone, BLM and I finally have some killer parents that have stepped up to the plate to help our kids and school.

PinballFamily
10-09-2009, 09:28 AM
If you saw my house, you would call social services!!! Well it's not that bad but it's embarrassing enough that we don't have friends over except for BLM. (Her house is just as messy cause she has 3 boys too).

TinkerBean and I have a saying about this..."REAL friends don't have to clean up for each other." With kids on the autism spectrum, we both have our daily general organization systems in place, but the messy clutter that gets out of hand so quickly and then seems to explode all over - sheesh!

Your community is SO fortunate to have someone like you involved and energized.

BernardandMissBianca
10-09-2009, 10:28 AM
TinkerBean and I have a saying about this..."REAL friends don't have to clean up for each other." With kids on the autism spectrum, we both have our daily general organization systems in place, but the messy clutter that gets out of hand so quickly and then seems to explode all over - sheesh!

Your community is SO fortunate to have someone like you involved and energized.

Thanks!! sometimes I just wish they would see it.

Our house is like the size of a postage stamp, and with 6 people making messes it just explodes, daily. But hopefully in the spring we can do the first phase of an addition that will give DS13 his own room and DH a much needed office.

TinkerBean
10-11-2009, 01:47 PM
I am making these muffins this afternoon...2 batches too, if I am lucky I may get 1 ;)

morgansmom2000
10-11-2009, 03:03 PM
I got 3 dozen mini cupcakes out of one batch on Friday. The way they were leaping off the plate yesterday, I'd say they were well-received at the crop. :goodvibes

PinballFamily
10-11-2009, 05:25 PM
I am making these muffins this afternoon...2 batches too, if I am lucky I may get 1 ;)

Um....did you get lost on the way to my house to drop off a few? :laughing:

lovingthemouse
10-11-2009, 10:38 PM
Well, thank heavens Morgansmom didn't forget to bring some of them to our crop on Sat- they are so awesome!! Loved them so much that I decided to make them for my crop here on Sat. I have 8 + people coming, and hope they will love them as well!!! Thanks for the recipe! Caroline

party of 3
10-12-2009, 08:32 AM
they were so yummy!

i have got to make some!!

PinballFamily
10-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Well, since TinkerBean is *OBVIOUSLY* lost and wandering around our city with some muffins for me...:lmao: Gee, I hope she turns up soon...

I just had to make a double batch of my own - they're in the oven now. Calanniebu is simply amazed at the reaction of everyone to these muffins...remember, we all have her to blame....er...thank...for these yummy little devils!

ZeroToHero
10-12-2009, 02:04 PM
Eating them now.....

Lisa
10-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Shaws had a sale on cake mixes today 10/$10. My pantry is stocked up on chocolate and spice cake mixes and pumpkin. :thumbsup2

morgansmom2000
10-12-2009, 09:29 PM
Shaws had a sale on cake mixes today 10/$10. My pantry is stocked up on chocolate and spice cake mixes and pumpkin. :thumbsup2

Good idea to keep it on hand. I had a hard time finding the pumpkin a few weeks ago. Think I'll go and buy some more.

lovingthemouse
10-12-2009, 10:12 PM
Sure, after food shopping this afternoon, now you say to stock up!!! So, if i get back to Big Y this week, i'll stock up on pumpkin and cake mixes- hey they are having the same cake mix sale as your store!!!! :confused3

Lisa
10-13-2009, 07:13 PM
Sure, after food shopping this afternoon, now you say to stock up!!! So, if i get back to Big Y this week, i'll stock up on pumpkin and cake mixes- hey they are having the same cake mix sale as your store!!!! :confused3

See what happens when you don't call me to find out what you need at the store. :goodvibes

ddavis860
10-13-2009, 07:24 PM
SOOOOO ticked off at DH!! He does the grocery shopping now (since I went full time) and TOTALLY didn't get the chocolate cake mix at the market today!! He said I told him I would use the yellow cake mix...yeah, I said that but also said I NEED the chocolate cake mix...sheesh!!!!!

I did make crustless punkin pie for dessert tonight though...

I'm makin these muffins though!! Gonna have to go to the store myself and get a box of chocolate mix...

Once DH tastes them, he is gonna bring in the choc mix every trip...I just know it! :love:

AND he will make it sound like he is the one that thought of it in the first place :lmao:

morgansmom2000
10-14-2009, 07:57 AM
SOOOOO ticked off at DH!! He does the grocery shopping now (since I went full time) and TOTALLY didn't get the chocolate cake mix at the market today!! He said I told him I would use the yellow cake mix...yeah, I said that but also said I NEED the chocolate cake mix...sheesh!!!!!

I did make crustless punkin pie for dessert tonight though...

I'm makin these muffins though!! Gonna have to go to the store myself and get a box of chocolate mix...

Once DH tastes them, he is gonna bring in the choc mix every trip...I just know it! :love:

AND he will make it sound like he is the one that thought of it in the first place :lmao:

LOL, let him have that one, pick your battles ;)

He's going to flip :upsidedow over them! They are the best things ever. Shoot, I'm out, must get more supplies at the store tonight!