PDA

View Full Version : I went to Walmart and I bought.......

tony64
10-04-2009, 02:20 AM
I've seen soooo many threads on Wal-mart I thought it would be good to list the things we all go for especially.

I always get fishing tackle, country music cd's and a few dvd's
DW always gets scrapbooking stuff, Betty crocker cake mixes and various choccy bars with peanut butter in.

We have bought a new throw for the bed and on more than one occasion, an extra case to get all our goodies home. :goodvibes

What do you go to Wal mart for?

JohnnySharp2
10-04-2009, 02:47 AM
Nothing, sorry mate only ever been in once and came straight out again. :)

jockey
10-04-2009, 02:49 AM
We go to Walmart for...

Electronics, food, wine, beer chocolate, toys....and joke tacky gifts!

I love Walmart, although we prefer Target!:)

Pegasus928
10-04-2009, 04:45 AM
We normally go on our first night to stock the villa up with everyday provisions but will go back during the holiday to kit DD out with tops and trousers. She isn't a big girl by any means but the clothes she can buy in there always fit better than any we can buy in the UK - and last a lot longer to.

Jez123
10-04-2009, 04:53 AM
On our last trip, we went to Walmart and came out with (amongst other things) a 6 man tent, which my DH said was too good a buy to pass up! We put it through with our luggage on flight home and was amazingly still within baggage allowances...

jen_uk
10-04-2009, 05:08 AM
We bought supplies for the room, snacks and drinks etc. Dh bought some fishing stuff which he says was a bargain, I bought some Hershey choc which I love and we also got a couple of t-shirts :goodvibes

Cyrano
10-04-2009, 05:20 AM
We went to Walmart on the first day to buy t-shirts, as our cases were late.
Apart from that it was mainly for food shopping :)

Twilight Terror
10-04-2009, 05:26 AM
We go to Wal-Mart for just about everything on our first day. Normally, we come out with at least: food, some DVDs - usually box sets of TV shows that aren't available in the UK, music, shampoo (they sell an extra large bottle of our shampoo that's getting harder to find in the UK, and half the price!), I try and buy all my DS games for the year, since they are 1) cheaper, 2) still compatible! Last year, I bought and completed Professor Layton 1 six months before it was even released here! My most random item this year was the Singer Hand-held Sewing Machine - perfect for finishing off our costumes before MNSSHP! :rotfl:

In the past though we've bought clothes, underwear, suitcase, baking equipment, cookie cutters, material (LOVE their sewing section!), towels, gifts, shoes, microwavable bowls, torches, batteries (bargain!!!), pens

GibboFLA
10-04-2009, 05:37 AM
Anything the wife tells me to!!!!:rotfl2:

Normally t-shirts/polo shirts as they fit me better, toys for the kids, groceries and household stuff for the villa to last us the fortnight.

howlongtillsummer?
10-04-2009, 06:23 AM
Matching diney t-shirts for me and DD. Food. Beer. Nintendo DS games. CDs for car. A cross stitch set. All our pressies. Mugs. Toys.

We bought a Country Bears DVD but it won't work over here?? :confused3

Big Wallmart fan but DH HATES it (except beer and liquor parts!!) He doesn't mind any other supermarket so not sure what the problem is?

Pooh's-Honey-Pot
10-04-2009, 06:26 AM
Disney clothes for the parks (and at home!!)
Sunglasses
Double stuffed oreos
Orville Redenbacks popcorn
Saltines
Reeses cups (though Morrisons have started doing them now, yey!!)
Mountain dew
Make up and toiletries, as my faves are so much cheaper
Cake mixes that we can't get over here

Yes . . . mine are mainly food related!!:rotfl2:

igk
10-04-2009, 07:26 AM
I'm planning to buy and air mattress for DD to sleep on in the 1BR at OKW. The combination of 12y/o DS and 10y/o DD sharing a sofabed is a recipe for disaster :sad2:
...unless I get upgraded to a 2BR, but that, I'm afraid, seems very unlikely!

tony64
10-04-2009, 09:32 AM
We bought a Country Bears DVD but it won't work over here?? :confused3

Hi
You'll need to get a multi-regional DVD player to watch DVD from the states, they're not very expensive, we got ours off of amazon. :thumbsup2

kieras nana
10-04-2009, 10:03 AM
we always go in oct,so buy loads of toys,for christmas.a few years ago,we bought our grandaughter a bike.she was 4 at the time.it was in a box,straight in the boot,out of the boot,onto the conveyor belt.no hassle at all!
love my xmas decorations,from walmart as well.
my hubby,certainly doesn't share my love of walmart,till we come back & see the toys here,for practically double the price:thumbsup2
tracy

Twilight Terror
10-04-2009, 12:04 PM
Hi
You'll need to get a multi-regional DVD player to watch DVD from the states, they're not very expensive, we got ours off of amazon. :thumbsup2

Mine is region-free, and was 19.99 from Currys. Technically, the machine is advertised as a region 2, but they supply you with the code to unlock it and make it multi-regional!! I'm now on my second generation of these models!

Shazzie B
10-04-2009, 12:05 PM
My DH hates Walmart too; we do the usual 'supplies' shopping & DS games etc but have also bought, school shoes! Knitting wool, and yellow duck accessories for the bathroom.:rotfl2:

DISWolves
10-04-2009, 01:04 PM
I like to go and have a wander. I am amazed at the range of goods they sell under one roof. ;)
The motoring section is bigger than our local Halfords! :lmao:

wayneg
10-04-2009, 01:43 PM
Been in a few times but only when we know we want something, we all hate the place. Sunglasses for Matt was on trip. Another was a SD card, couldn't believe how expensive they were so waited until got home, I expected memory cards to be for nothing.
Groceries much prefer Publix.

Mrs Doubtfire
10-04-2009, 02:27 PM
Last December we bought - Christmas paper and cards - DVDs, games & some toys to wrap ud for DD - oh and some Burts Bees!

howlongtillsummer?
10-04-2009, 02:29 PM
Hi

Many thanks. I will look into that!:goodvibes

MichelleAnn25
10-04-2009, 03:33 PM
I've never seen the Walmart! Where have I been all this time!

Can someone give me directions from downtown disney to the nearest one please?

Thankyou - off to OKW in 6 days!:banana:

DISWolves
10-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Not sure if nearest would be Turkey Lake Rd :confused3
This runs parallel with I4 and I-Drive, near to Sand Lake Road intersection.

Beth__WDW23/6/02
10-05-2009, 02:43 AM
Laptop,Camera,SD cards,PS3 games,CDS,DVDS,Food essentials..Disney clothing,Toys..Make up,Toiletries..Birthday banners/cards etc..

T16GEM
10-05-2009, 06:16 AM
We go to Walmart for general shopping for the villa and also DH doesn't like beer (yes I know shock horror) and usually Walmart is the only place he can get cider from.

I also love their sewing and crafts section, and the over flow sell off after Christmas section too! :)

MickeysMagicalMiles
10-05-2009, 09:27 AM
does wal-mart have a big halloween display like target has?
Loved the target stuff- basically bought the whole shop!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

mandymouse
10-05-2009, 09:33 AM
We always head to Wal-Mart on the first evening and get water, Mountain Dew, Oreos, Lays chips and Smirnoff Ices

On the last few days of our holiday we pop in to get little souvenirs, and in the past we have bought a camera and laptop :)

scojos
10-05-2009, 12:17 PM
apart from the obvious (beer, yogurts, grape juice and grape soda, reeces and hershey chocolates, water, crystal lite and crackers and cheese, we have brought a ds, digital camera, walkie talkies, underwear (dont ask;):lmao:) clothes and souvenirs. we liked winne dixie and target too, love shopping in the us, even groceries!!

diswix
10-05-2009, 01:20 PM
I love Walmart. I buy material for my mum and myself for craft work.
Anyone going soon should check out the halloween material. The christmas material is fab too, I bought the most wonderful sparly blue material ( and cheap) which will be our Christmas day tablecloth.
Also lots of rolls of cheap halloween ribbon, halloween cups, plates and nik-naks for my nieces. Also buy the halloween costumes as this year in Asda (uk) they are quite expensive.
I buys lots of disposable plates and cups as so cheap and lightweight.10 boxes of Crunch n munch popcorn $1 a box (caramel and peanut), the best popcorn ever.Artificial flowers to stick in my outside tubs!!!!!!!!!
We were lucky as we still had two suitcases allowed with VA this year.
Oh yes the boys bought spiral A4 notepads for Uni at 20 cents each.
I bought a tight fitting MM purple top (rock chick type) for $12.
My husband always buys jeans. This year the choice of shoes was not great for me.:banana: so many things to buy.
We have bought in the past a big cooler box (as you go in) to keep drinks in at the Disney hotel (as no fridge). Suitcases, wallets, purses, handbags, beach bags,gifts, food and sweets,drinks, water for the parks (24 bottles for peanuts).My son bought one of those body weights filled with sand ( for exercise!!!!) very heavy but half the UK price.
My other son (19yrs) loves the pyjama bottoms with mountain dew, coke logos.CD's.
ENJOY.

Mrs Doubtfire
10-05-2009, 01:54 PM

As you come out of DTD at the Crossroads - turn right - there is one on the 535 past the large intersection. It also has a liquor shop.

chipndalefan
10-05-2009, 03:13 PM
Cake Mix! I always take home around 10 boxes of Funfetti cake mix :)

I also buy Old Bay seasoning (Can't buy in the UK) and coleslaw seasoning to take back home

We also buy snacks (nachos, doughnuts,twinkies etc) to eat in the hotel

Oh, and lots of mountain dew!

tony64
10-06-2009, 01:42 AM
Keep them coming guys....DW's list of new things to buy on the next trip is growing by the minute. :goodvibes

popsynic
10-06-2009, 05:33 PM

here is a google map link to the closest one to DTD

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=28.341371,-81.486372&num=1&t=h&sll=28.410067,-81.583699&sspn=0.019629,0.032015&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=&ll=28.341441,-81.485542&spn=0.004315,0.006899&z=17

zoom out to see it in relations to DTD and crossroads. Only a few minutes drive

tony64
10-08-2009, 08:16 AM
Has anyone seen guitar strings in walmart lately?

penlanspice
10-08-2009, 11:04 AM
We visit walmart so many times per trip it's ridiculous.
My Dh loves going in there but you have to drag him in a supermarket here!!

We do a ton of shopping the first night we arrive if we're staying in a villa.

Half our house probably contains things from walmart! lol.
A few random purchases like a Christmas tree (probably about 3 of these at different times) for our villa at Christmas (last year we had an optical one). Full rock band set last year including the drums in a very large box and even a baseball bat that my DH keeps under our bed...:confused3

Netty
10-08-2009, 03:04 PM
well on this trip we went to 4 walmarts :rolleyes1:rotfl:
on this trip i bought, luckycharms and smacks to bring home for dd's.
also usually buy cookies 'n' cream ice cream, gallon of florida orange juice, xmas deccies if out at the time, clothes, beer, toys, shampoo, shower gel, suntan spray-infact something from every aisle :lmao:

Julia Ann
10-09-2009, 04:34 AM
We always go to walmart for snacks ie. Oreos (!), bottles of water, cans of pop and beer. We buy our waterproof disposable camera for the water parks and Discovery Cove, much cheaper than buying from the water parks. We buy xmas decs and scrap book supplies and DS games (although i think they were cheaper in Virgin) we also bought our swim shoes from there too. oh and batteries which we needed for the camera, at the time. and bubble bath for a soak at the end of a long day ;)

Tink2312
10-09-2009, 11:53 AM
We buy:
DS/ PSP games, CD's
Bottled waters/ snacks/ cereals (normally fruit loops for me ;)), crisps, fruit, sodas
Batteries, mouthwash, Tide pens (which are a fab stain remover and easily fit into a handbag)
A coolbag/ box if we're going to the coast on days out etc.
I normally buy a few throw away t-shirts and maybe a pair of sandals and my Dad insists on buying a pair of trainers because their so cheap and for some strange reason my Mum likes their underwear, so she comes out of the store with armfuls :scared1: You'd certainly be able to spot us coming :rotfl2:
Oh and how could I forget...beer and wine :rolleyes1

snookhams
10-10-2009, 06:42 AM
well we start of with just food and drink - normally saying just a quick visit, mmmmmm 2 hours+ later and we are still there, DH and boys looking at computer games, dvd's electricals etc and me well leave me in the craft section for a few hours and I will be a happy bunny - the amount of fabric and patterns I have got over the years but they are sooooo much cheaper than here ( always spend 2/3 hours in micheals as well - got to find were it moved to though for next visit), really in the mood for a good hunt around the craft sewing section following a visit to the knit and stitch show yesterday,got some bits but kept thinking how cheap it would be in Florida!!!!

Ashleylvsgoofy
10-10-2009, 06:46 AM
While working in WDW my other half had a bit of a strange habit with Walmart. When he had had a few drinks he would often visit Walmart and come home with a number of obscure items. Sometimes he would come home with DVD's but the worst was when he came home with a car tyre :rotfl:

My other half does not even have a car or a license :lmao:

tennisfan
10-10-2009, 07:24 AM
Many thanks. I will look into that!:goodvibes

Just google dvd unlocking codes, there are many sites that tell you how to unlock your dvd player without the need to buy a new one:thumbsup2

howlongtillsummer?
10-10-2009, 11:04 AM
Thanks!

jns
10-10-2009, 03:02 PM
I'm planning to buy and air mattress for DD to sleep on in the 1BR at OKW. The combination of 12y/o DS and 10y/o DD sharing a sofabed is a recipe for disaster :sad2:
...unless I get upgraded to a 2BR, but that, I'm afraid, seems very unlikely!

we were able to get one from house keeping at BCV last month no extra charge

we always spend way to much in walmart

Got a sat nav this time

saratogagirl
10-11-2009, 07:06 AM
We always buy a polstyrene cooler which we keep full of beer and ice on the balcony, beer, wine, coffee and snacks.

I can't think of what we have bought over the years, but the list includes cd's, a christmas tree, lights and decorations for the studio, make up, a hammer (Ian found them to be much cheaper than over here), lots of pj's, a huge bratz make up kits for my niece in the after Christmas sale. The most important thing that we buy every year is dairy cat biscuits for my baby, we can't get them over here and she loves them.

milomummy
10-11-2009, 08:03 AM
When we were there last Christmas we visited every Walmart in the area, plus every other supermarket too.
My son is a Disney Cars film freak, and we had to go in every single supermarket to check out their range in case they had any he didn't have! Came home with loads!
Me, dh and ds all love to shop so it was no hardship!
We are lucky when it comes to the other things as hubby is in the UK forces and we are in Germany, where we have access to the US Bases out here so we stock up on the food/drinks/toiletries etc etc here!

jtlover
10-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Last time we visited DH bought me a pair of diamond earrings from Walmart - unbelievably cheaper than most places and really lovely. They are princess cut half a carrot:thumbsup2

bazzanoid
10-12-2009, 03:11 AM
We go to Walmart for our regular grocery shopping (for convenience), and then off to Walgreens and Publix down in Poinciana for a decent veggie-friendly selection.

Back on-topic....

I went to walmart and i bought.... FAR TOO MUCH.

DVDs (did about $400 on dvds last year in one trip!!)
Xmas Pressies

And on one ocassion, socks and underwear. Guess what i forgot to pack? :teeth:

Anjel1310
10-12-2009, 03:58 AM
We buy grape jelly, Oreos, Reeces, dvds and depending on the age of our kids toys. My eldest daughter had Bratz dolls from there, my boys Fast and Furious cars and This year it will be Dora for my dd whose 3.

http://www.********************/timers/tickers/f3mgjmfiig9nah5k.png (http://www.********************/timers/)

tony64
10-12-2009, 10:12 AM
does anyone know the name of the power you can buy to add to water to make it into the nearest thing the US make to our quash and is it OK to go into the freezer?

Cyrano
10-12-2009, 03:40 PM
does anyone know the name of the power you can buy to add to water to make it into the nearest thing the US make to our quash and is it OK to go into the freezer?

DS says it is Coolaid. He liked it while the rest of us thought it was :eek:

craigs bride
10-12-2009, 04:35 PM
we buy supplys for the villa .clothes for the kids xmas pressie and whatever else takes our fancy :)

Ann B
10-13-2009, 06:19 AM
Maglite torches for my sons. They are both into camping and had wanted these torches for years but they are 15 here. Got them there for about 4! Came home with 4 of them.

wideeyes
10-13-2009, 06:26 AM
been once and we brought -

cat ears & tail for DD, (for MNSSHP)
cat t.shirt for DD(She loves cats, lol)
colouring pencils.
drawing pad
Make up
Magazines
big bags of Lays
big bag of oreo cookies.

I also lost my sister in there for about 30minutes.:rotfl:

jockey
10-13-2009, 06:29 AM
Maglite torches for my sons. They are both into camping and had wanted these torches for years but they are 15 here. Got them there for about 4! Came home with 4 of them.

We found these cheap too, they are very heavy though!!!