PDA

View Full Version : How to Tell Kids & Tips

eeyorefanuk
10-03-2009, 06:25 AM
I am sure someone said there was a thread on how they surprised/told the kids they were going to disney ... cannot find .... any ideas ?

Years ago when the kids were small we told them we were going to legoland but going by train for a change ..... I will never forget my young niece's face when sat on the "legoland" train to hear the words "eurodisney" and panicking that we were on the wrong train :lmao: and her excitement when she realised she was going there :hug:

Also as we are a party of 8 and have to pay the 18% automatically, is there any downfall to paying for the "tip" part by credit card so do not have to worry about it until back home???

howlongtillsummer?
10-03-2009, 06:34 AM
I would love to do a surprise trip. Waking DD up to head to the airport would be wonderful. Problem is, I always start talking about going back before we leave!!

This year I hope to surprise her with lunch in the castle if I can get it....she loves it there.

Don't see why putting the tips on your card should be any problem

Lovely story about legoland!!

wayneg
10-03-2009, 06:40 AM
You can put tips on your room key, pay cash or credit card. No problems with any, your choice.

Clare D
10-03-2009, 08:55 AM
I think the thread you are talking about is on the main community site, I subscribed to it when we were going this year.
We surprised DS as he thought we were going home from Chicago via a smaller airport in the States. Once we arrived in Orlando we asked him if we should hire a car for a few hours. He couldn't believe it when we told him and still asked us later that night if we were going to be late for our flight.
Good luck.