PDA

View Full Version : Our Family's 2nd Trip to Disney World-Pre-Trippie

Pages : 1 [2]

Charlefours
02-19-2010, 01:38 PM
Janine--hope you and the family are safe and sound with all the crazy weather you are having!!

Fantasyland Expansion: I heard September is when it is to begin. They are going to begin in the areas that do not have any attractions in the way (behind the scenes areas and such). They will have to be shifting quite a few behind the scenes locations so thoughts are they are going to begin with those areas first.

Everything will stay open as it can. Toontown Fair should be open while we all go in September!! I sure hope it is true!

There are some great threads about it and blog postings out there were you can read more about.

Victoriasmom98
02-25-2010, 10:01 AM
Janine......seriously now.....it's been a while since you've posted and I'm sure I'm not the only one who is concerned about you. Is everything ok? Please let us know or PM me! I'm worried!!! :confused:

Twoboysnmygirl
02-25-2010, 10:06 AM
AND, Janine...the hours are out today!!!! Get your booty back in here and start planning! ;)

Charlefours
02-25-2010, 07:04 PM
The hours are out! The hours are out! The hours are out!

:jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1:

3princesses+aprince
02-26-2010, 12:44 AM
WHAT THE HOURS ARE OUT????? WHERE WHERE WHERE?????

AND OH JANINE WHERE OH WHERE ARE YOU??? WE ARE ALL VERY WORRIED ABOUT YOU!!!!

I do hope everything is ok! :wizard:

Twoboysnmygirl
02-26-2010, 02:09 AM
Pam, go to the calendar on the WDW site. You will have to choose the Sept. 2010 pull down menu and then you will see only the 1st of Sept. listed. Click ON Sept. 1st and then you can click NEXT DAY to go through each of the days. You can do this on all the park calendars.

Here is the MK link, just to get you started. Just click NEXT DAY to go through the calendar...

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/magic-kingdom/calendar/

OhioDisneyLover
02-26-2010, 10:13 AM
Pam, go to the calendar on the WDW site. You will have to choose the Sept. 2010 pull down menu and then you will see only the 1st of Sept. listed. Click ON Sept. 1st and then you can click NEXT DAY to go through each of the days. You can do this on all the park calendars.

Here is the MK link, just to get you started. Just click NEXT DAY to go through the calendar...

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/magic-kingdom/calendar/

I did this last night. It's awesome because you can print each day on it's own page. Great for planning!!!

PixieDustPrincess05
02-28-2010, 08:41 PM
Hi Everyone!!!!!

I am sooooo sorry I haven't posted in like two weeks!!!

Yes, everything is fine!!!!!!!! I have just been super busy- especially with my job (:laughing:). So I have some exciting news. I currently work as an accounting clerk in the finance dept. at a local company. Well, my boss's boss pulled me into his office a few weeks ago and let me in that they are opening another ACCOUNTANT'S position, and that they basically want to promote me to it. Well, I applied for it, and although it has not yet been announced, all fingers are pointed to me that I am getting it!!!! So, I will be jumping from hourly to salary and will have the official "accountant" title now!!!!!!!

So, for like a small second, I had said to Bill that maybe we should put our trip off till next year- but then I got back on and started reading all of the excitement on these boards, so I don't think we will be putting it off!!!!!!

That is GREAT that the park hours are out- I am going to hop over there now!!!!! Hmmm.... will it be free dining tomorrow?

Twoboysnmygirl
02-28-2010, 08:57 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!! That's wonderful Janine! :woohoo: I'm glad you checked in, a lot can change in a couple weeks around here! Did you know that you've been abandoned and everyone is going to ASMU now?!?! :lmao:

3princesses+aprince
02-28-2010, 09:21 PM
Oh, Karen that is too funny! But sadly enough.... true! Yes, we will be at ASMu, I had to go with that for the suites! But we're still all going to be meeting up in the park!!!!!!

Glad to hear that everything is ok, we were worried about you for a little while there! And awesome news on your position!!

PixieDustPrincess05
02-28-2010, 10:08 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!! That's wonderful Janine! :woohoo: I'm glad you checked in, a lot can change in a couple weeks around here! Did you know that you've been abandoned and everyone is going to ASMU now?!?! :lmao:

LOL Karen! That's ok. I still think that we will be sticking with POP Century. There are a lot of great photo ops to take there with Austin, plus I adored it when I went on my girls trip back in June. AsMu is great-don't get me wrong, but I really want to bring Bill and Austin to POP first. I know you probably can't say, but any hints from Tourguide Mike on Free dining?

PixieDustPrincess05
02-28-2010, 10:10 PM
Oh, Karen that is too funny! But sadly enough.... true! Yes, we will be at ASMu, I had to go with that for the suites! But we're still all going to be meeting up in the park!!!!!!

Glad to hear that everything is ok, we were worried about you for a little while there! And awesome news on your position!!

That's ok Pam. I hope you and Karen have a great time in those suites!!!!
Keep me posted on what park everyone is meeting up at.

Charlefours
02-28-2010, 10:21 PM
Hi Janine!!

Glad to know you and your family are doing well. I hope you get your promotion! :thumbsup2

PixieDustPrincess05
02-28-2010, 11:02 PM
Okay, so I went and checked out those park hours!!!!!!!!!!!

I have come up with a schedule that I really like- it may change, who knows, but I really like it, and it allows me to do totally without those park hoppers!

Monday, September 20: Flight in (probably taking a 6:40pm flight in and arriving around 8:55pm), Magical Express to POP Century- which we will probably arrive around 10pm. Check in, get settled in room, maybe take a swim or wander around resort and grab a quick snack.

Tuesday, September 21: Magic Kingdom Day
Breakfast-Pop Century
Lunch- Pecos Bill's
Not sure if we will be doing MNSSHP or not (probably not, but you never know). The park closes a 7pm this day, so we really have to make sure we are there for rope drop, and get as many rides in as possible this day. We will stay for closing, and if we do not do MNSSHP, we will be heading to DTD for dinner/shopping and maybe mini golf.

Wednesday, September 22: Animal Kingdom Day
Breakfast-Pop Century
Lunch- Flame Tree BBQ
Park is open from 9am-5pm, EMH's from 5-8. Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade is a must. Also would like to see Festival of the Lion King, and the Finding Nemo Show. I really want to try and take in more of what this park has to offer- it is a really beautiful park, and we were only there a few hours last time. We will stay until the park closes at 8pm, then head back to the hotel for a late dinner.

Thursday, September 23: Hollywood Studios Day
Breakfast- Pop Century
Lunch- Toy Story Pizza Planet
Park is open from 9am-8pm. Want to get in the Playhouse Disney show, the Beauty and the Beast show. Not sure if we are going to do dinner here or not, but if we are, I was thinking of paying OOP for Sci-Fi Dine in. Fantasmic! is a must, and that is showing at 8pm. After that, we will be heading back to the hotel.

Friday, September 24: Epcot Day
Breakfast- Pop Century
Lunch- Electric Umbrella (Future World)
Dinner- Liberty Inn (Worlds ShowCase)
Open from 9am-9pm (EMH's from 9pm-12am) Want to get as much in as possible in both parks. We will start the day in FW and get in TT, Soarin', and all of the rides there (EXCEPT Mission:Space, I hate that ride, I almost got sick last time :sick:!!!!) I want to take advantage of the character spot here and some of the other neat attractions here. We have definite plans for Illuminations and ending the night off in Worlds Showcase. I want to hit some of the mini rides they have over there (like the little boat ride in Mexico), and I also want to do the different Kidcot things for Austin.

Saturday, September 25: Magic Kingdom Day #2
Breakfast- Pop Century
Lunch- Cosmic Ray's Cafe
Dinner- Either El Pirata y El Pericos or the Diamond Horseshoe
Open from 9am-11pm
We were originally going to fly home this day, but I can't seem to fit any other MK days in for Spectro/Wishes without screwing up my other park days (which seem to fit in PERFECTLY) and breaking down and buying the hopper passes. I figured that since after looking at these park hours, the average park closure is at 8pm, definitely not worth wasting all the time hopping from park to park for almost 200.00 more. So, I figured, since I wanted to end our trip with MK, it would make most sense to stay an extra night for the extra 114.00 and get to stay in the park till 11pm!!!!!! So I think that is what we may do. We will get to MK bright and early and hit the things we didn't get to on Tuesday, and redo the things we like the most. We will do Spectro at 8pm, and Wishes at 9pm, and get a few more rides in until the park closes.

Sunday September 26: Flight home
I want to try my best for an afternoon flight home, but I may just have to take the 8:45am flight home :scared1:- which I really don't want to do. Crap, I will fly a different airline home if I have to just to get something not that early!!!!

So, please let me know what you all think!!!

Victoriasmom98
03-01-2010, 08:01 PM
Hi Janine!!!!

OH, you don't know how happy I am to see messages from you on the boards. I know it's probably silly to have gotten worried, but it just wasn't usual for you not to be posting.

Your days looks great and wow on your almost promotion!! See? your love of Excell came in handy, didn't it??? :rotfl:

Ok, well, the Bachelor is now on and even though I know he picks Vienna, I still want to watch it. Glad to have you back!!! :cool1:

PixieDustPrincess05
03-01-2010, 09:54 PM
Hi Janine!!!!

OH, you don't know how happy I am to see messages from you on the boards. I know it's probably silly to have gotten worried, but it just wasn't usual for you not to be posting.

Your days looks great and wow on your almost promotion!! See? your love of Excell came in handy, didn't it??? :rotfl:

Ok, well, the Bachelor is now on and even though I know he picks Vienna, I still want to watch it. Glad to have you back!!! :cool1:

LOL thanks Ann!

3princesses+aprince
03-01-2010, 09:59 PM
Great looking plans. I am still working on mine. But I do know that I will be at the MK on tuesday as well, and we are doing MNSSHP that night. We will also be at AK on wednesday. We did a night time EMH for AK last May and it worked out so well, can't wait to do that again!!

PixieDustPrincess05
03-01-2010, 10:04 PM
[QUOTE=Victoriasmom98;35652413]Hi Janine!!!!

Ok, well, the Bachelor is now on and even though I know he picks Vienna, I still want to watch it. Glad to have you back!!! :cool1:[/QUOT

I am watching the Bachelor too!

Twoboysnmygirl
03-01-2010, 10:08 PM
I know you probably can't say, but any hints from Tourguide Mike on Free dining?

Nah, I can't say, but I can say that I don't think TGM has the "in" on free dining announcements. I think Disney Visa card holders will know first and you'll hear it on the DIS first from them! :) He did, however, have the park hours about 3 days before the website and I was feeling like it was money well spent to get those hours early!

PixieDustPrincess05
03-01-2010, 10:11 PM
So how about I had my interview today for the Accountant's position- yes, along with FOUR other people that don't even work for my company. I was under the impression it would just be me getting a promotion, and I would not be up against anyone else. Well, I go in for my interview, and my boss's boss was like right now I am the best candidate for the job because I am very experienced within my department, but my only disadvantage is that I have not yet finished my accounting degree and these other people have, but don't have the experience that I do. So, to make a long story short, he has a few more interviews, and I should know by early next week. So tell me this, why the H*** would you string me along like I am getting this job and recommend me for it if you are just going to interview other people? I was driving home tonight and talking to Bill on my cell, and the tears were just rolling down my cheeks because I really don't know what is going to happen now- I can only hope for the best. So please all- PLEASE keep your fingers crossed for me!!!!

Charlefours
03-02-2010, 09:42 PM
I agree--makes much more sense to add a day to the tickets and hotel stay. :goodvibes

Hoping for the best!!

Brave teacher
03-02-2010, 10:15 PM
YAY on the possible promotion! BOO on the boss stringing you along. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

The plans look great.

Victoriasmom98
03-03-2010, 09:57 AM
Hey Janine....

I know here at State government they are REQUIRED to interview for the positions, even though they know who they are hiring. It's just policy, so maybe it's like that where you are??? My good pixies are with you!!!! pixiedust:

Shmily01
03-03-2010, 11:06 AM
Sending good wishes your way!! And a little pixie dust! ;):wizard:

PixieDustPrincess05
03-03-2010, 09:50 PM
Thanks to all for your wishes on me getting the promotion- I have not heard anything back yet, so your wishes are greatly appreciated :wizard:!!!!!

PixieDustPrincess05
03-04-2010, 06:38 PM
OMG- I've been so distraught by this damn job that I hadn't taken notice that my ticker is at 6 months 2 weeks- I lost two weeks somewhere, but that is awesome!!!!!!

So, I still have not heard anything back yet. I am really upset about the whole thing, so I have decided to just forget about it. I still have a Disney Trip to plan afterall!!!!

So, now for free dining!!!!

Twoboysnmygirl
03-04-2010, 06:45 PM
:thumbsup2

PixieDustPrincess05
03-04-2010, 07:50 PM
Hmm..... I am in the mood for some extensive disney planning tonight :wizard:!!!!!!! Let's see what I come up with!!!!

Victoriasmom98
03-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Hmm..... I am in the mood for some extensive disney planning tonight :wizard:!!!!!!! Let's see what I come up with!!!!

Go Janine....go Janine.....go Janine......:woohoo:

PixieDustPrincess05
03-04-2010, 10:07 PM
Okay, like I said earlier, I was in the mood for some extensive Disney Planning tonight. Here is what I came up with:

Mon-9/20: Arrival Day :banana:
Flight to MCO 6:40pm/ Arrival 8:55pm
Hop ME to POP Century Resort
Check In hopefully around 10pm/Settle in room
Pick up mugs, explore hotel, maybe go for a swim- RELAX!!!!
(s) at Pop Food Court

Tues-9/21: Magic Kingdom Day (hours 9am-7pm)
Breakfast-POP (s)
Rope Drop for Dumbodash! (as Karen calls it)
Lunch- Pecos Bill's (cs)
Aloha Isle (s)
DTD after park closes for shopping!
Dinner- Earl of Sandwich (cs)

Wed-9/22: Animal Kingdom Day (hours 9am-5pm) *EMH's 5pm-8pm
Breakfast-POP (s)
Rope Drop FP's for EE
Lunch- Flame Tree BBQ (cs)
Camp Soft Serve (s)
Dinner- Pop Century (cs)

Thurs-9/23: Hollywood Studios Day (hours 9am-8pm)
Breakfast-POP (s)
Rope Drop FP's for ToT
Lunch-Toy Story's Pizza Planet (cs)
Dinner- Rosie's All American Cafe (cs)
Fantasmic! 8pm

Fri-9/24: Epcot Day (FW 9am-7pm) (WS 11pm-9pm) *EMH's 9pm-12am
Breakfast- POP (cs)
FW rope drop FP for TT, Soarin'
Midday break hop monorail to TT station and then to Contemporary
Lunch- Contempo Cafe (cs)
Dinner- Liberty Inn (cs)
Illuminations 9pm
We may rent a stroller later on in the day once we go over to WS. It is such a long walk around the "world" there and we will be there pretty late.

Sat-9/25: Magic Kingdom Day #2 (9am-11pm)
Breakfast- POP (cs)
Lunch- Diamond Horseshoe (cs)
Dinner- Cosmic Rays (cs)
Main Street Bakery (s)
Spectro 8pm
Wishes 9pm

Sun-9/26: Departure Day :mad:
Hopefully get a cheap afternoon flight back!!!

Twoboysnmygirl
03-05-2010, 07:01 AM
Love you plans Janine! Your first day at MK is going to be so nice, the crowds will be down b/c it's a Tuesday and there is a party that night. I bet you walk on everything! :goodvibes Have you eaten at Rosie's before? It is on our list for our DHS day.

3princesses+aprince
03-05-2010, 10:00 AM
Great looking plans. We will be in the same parks a few of those days! We did EMH at AK last May and we waited about 15 minutes for EE, that was great! I love EMH, they are amazing!!!!

Oh, I just can't wait to be there! Now that we know the park hours, it just seems like we are so much closer!

Victoriasmom98
03-05-2010, 10:06 AM
Great Plans, Janine!!! Way to go!!! I think we are all so excited! This weekend it's supposed to be up to 50 degrees and sunny, so that will REALLY get me into the Disney mood --- warmer temps!!! OMG!! OMG!!! :cool1:

Charlefours
03-07-2010, 11:20 PM
Great plans Janine! I have not eaten at Rosie's either. I am curious to know if you have in the past. :thumbsup2

Brave teacher
03-08-2010, 07:10 AM
Everything looks geat! It seems the night of extensive planning did you some good.

3princesses+aprince
03-08-2010, 09:35 AM
Hey, just checking in on your Disney planning and to see if you heard anything about that darn job!!!:wizard:

PixieDustPrincess05
03-08-2010, 07:49 PM
Love you plans Janine! Your first day at MK is going to be so nice, the crowds will be down b/c it's a Tuesday and there is a party that night. I bet you walk on everything! :goodvibes Have you eaten at Rosie's before? It is on our list for our DHS day.

I really hope the crowds are down!!!! They should be because we are going on an off season. Actually, yes I have eaten as Rosie's before on my girls trip last year. It's your usual stuff like chicken fingers, but it was decent.

Great looking plans. We will be in the same parks a few of those days! We did EMH at AK last May and we waited about 15 minutes for EE, that was great! I love EMH, they are amazing!!!!

Oh, I just can't wait to be there! Now that we know the park hours, it just seems like we are so much closer!

Awesome!!!!! Pretty soon Pam, pretty soon our tickers will say 5 months!

Great Plans, Janine!!! Way to go!!! I think we are all so excited! This weekend it's supposed to be up to 50 degrees and sunny, so that will REALLY get me into the Disney mood --- warmer temps!!! OMG!! OMG!!! :cool1:

I know, I know, I had a great time writing all of that :lovestruc!!!! I swear, sometimes half of the fun is planning.

Great plans Janine! I have not eaten at Rosie's either. I am curious to know if you have in the past. :thumbsup2
Thanks! Actually yes, I ate there once- if you like the usual chicken fingers it is pretty good. It is an outside place, and there is a patio with tables with benches and umbrellas. Catalina Eddies is next store (I believe they do pizza and italian sandwiches), in case you have anyone in your party that may want something else.

Everything looks geat! It seems the night of extensive planning did you some good.

Yeah, it really helped me keep my spirits up that night!!!

PixieDustPrincess05
03-08-2010, 07:51 PM
Hey, just checking in on your Disney planning and to see if you heard anything about that darn job!!!:wizard:

Unfortunately I have not, he is still interviewing I suppose, but I am still in the running I guess. I will let you know as soon as I find out- lets keep our fingers crossed :thumbsup2!!!!

PixieDustPrincess05
03-08-2010, 08:04 PM
I've actually read other people's trip reports the past few days, I just haven't posted on my own LOL :confused3!!!!!! It was a decent weekend, I got some cleaning done on Saturday, and we went out and bought a new vaccuum that night. Sunday, Austin and I went to the Christmas Tree Shop and bought a few things. I just recently did his bedroom a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme (I really need to take pics- it is beyond adorable!), so I found this adorable lamp there and it was 4.99 (with the shade) :woohoo:. My bathroom accessories are the Bamboo Slat collection ( I got them from Bed, Bath, and Beyond last year), and I found the PERFECT towel basket from the Christmas Tree Shop for 7.99!!!!! They have the best stuff at that store- it is not a Christmas store if thats what you are thinking, it is like a Bed Bath and Beyond, but everything is sooooo cheap!!!!!!!!! Then we went to Petsmart to get Dory catfood. We had lunch at Taco Bell, and I had a mexican pizza and Austin had a soft taco- OMG that thing was soooooo good!!!!!!!!

Anyway, back to Disney planning. I really wish they would put that darn free dining plan out!!!!!!! Bill and I were going back and forth about the infamous park hoppers the other night. He is under the impression that we may get bored at one park and want to hop, but I don't think so. I think I have our trip planned to the extent where we don't need them. We are most likely not doing MNSSHP- I really don't feel the need to. It really sounds like a great time, but I think it is really too expensive for five hours. I know, I sound really cheap, but I don't care- we'll have a great time anyway.

So, I am going to throw a twist into my trip report because I wanna get feedback and keep it interesting. So, what are you waiting for, get "movin' along" (heeheh Splash Mountain song) to my next post!!!

PixieDustPrincess05
03-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Okay everyone. I want to get wdw feedback from everyone who is interested- you can post your answers on my page. Its just a little thing that I may get ideas from, as well of great advice to those reading my thread.

1. What is your favorite park in WDW and why?
2. What is your favorite ride or attraction?
3. If you could stay anywhere in WDW where would it be?
4. If you could create one ride or attraction at WDW, what would it be?
5. What was your most memorable Disney World moment?

Twoboysnmygirl
03-08-2010, 08:29 PM
1. What is your favorite park in WDW and why? Magic Kingdom! It's my favorite b/c it's got the HEART of WDW. Mainstreet, the music, the smells, the castle, classic rides...Epcot is a VERY close 2nd though, I LOVE it as well.
2. What is your favorite ride or attraction? I can't pick just one! I can pick 2, but that's the best you will get from me! :p Haunted Mansion b/c it's a classic Disney ride but with haunted fun mixed in! LOVE IT! Expedition Everest too b/c it's the perfectly themed roller coaster. I can't pick either or b/c they are diabolically different but I love them both! :lovestruc
3. If you could stay anywhere in WDW where would it be? I think Boardwalk Inn during F&W or Polynesian. They both appeal to me for different reasons.
4. If you could create one ride or attraction at WDW, what would it be? Oooh, that's a hard one! Since we just went to see Alice, I would love some kind of ride that goes down the rabbit hole! Also something for Nightmare before Christmas, I would love that! LOL, I guess you can tell I'm a Tim Burton fan. ;)
5. What was your most memorable Disney World moment? Easy! Our first trip as a family, last October. Savannah got on Rey's back to watch Wishes and when I looked over and saw them both watching Wishes together, Daddy & his girl, I just knew that I would remember that moment forever! :lovestruc

PixieDustPrincess05
03-08-2010, 08:31 PM

The Magic Kingdom. It is just so beautiful and magical there. Nothing can compare to this place, especially on a warm beautiful night. It's like stepping back into your childhood and reliving the magic all over again.

Splash Mountain. I love the little boat ride before the hills, it is just so enchanted and adorable!!

The Grand Floridian or Poly. Both beautiful resorts.

I've given this a lot of thought, not sure what everyone will think. I was thinking about a crazy pumpkin coach ride in honor of Cinderella (who doesn't have her own ride, only the castle) that is on a track ( kind of like Dinosaur and Winnie the pooh and all the other ones) that goes through different musical cinderella scenes, and kind of takes off when she is trying to get home before midnight. Ya know?

Bringin Austin for the first time. He was almost 3 at the time, and he still remembers it!!!! Just seeing his little face looking at the castle, and riding the monorail looking a Spaceship Earth from it and him saying "Mommy look at that big ball- its heavy!" Little things like that!

Brave teacher
03-08-2010, 09:50 PM
1. What is your favorite park in WDW and why? We love Animal Kingdom the most. We are outdoor people. We love the animals. There are so many things there to discover.

2. What is your favorite ride or attraction? Soarin...more than anything else

3. If you could stay anywhere in WDW where would it be? We love Animal Kingdom Lodge so much we bought our DVC points at Kidani Village

4. If you could create one ride or attraction at WDW, what would it be? I would love a Crush roller coaster

5. What was your most memorable Disney World moment? On the last day of our last trip, we were at AL and were picked to be the Safari first family. Afterwards, we went to the first showing of FOTLK, and my DS Samuel was picked to "teach" the audience to roar like a lion. He was the line leader of our family throughout the week, so this just made his day.

3princesses+aprince
03-09-2010, 09:29 AM
1. What is your favorite park in WDW and why? I'm going to have to pick Epcot. I guess because we had two days here last May and they were awesome days! I think the park is gorgeous!

2. What is your favorite ride or attraction? I have to pick more than one, sorry. Haunted Mansion, I love the smells too. Test Track is my other, I could ride it all day.

3. If you could stay anywhere in WDW where would it be? I guess the Wilderness Lodge.

4. If you could create one ride or attraction at WDW, what would it be? Hmm, not sure on this one.

5. What was your most memorable Disney World moment?[/QUOTE] In Animal Kingdom we were in line waiting to see Chip and Dale and Emily (dd10) had a chip and dale stuffed animal we had just bought. The man with the guitar came by and asked her what her name was and sang a song about her on her family Disney trip with her sunglasses on her head and her chip and dale. It was SO awesome. I cry just thinking about it.

PixieDustPrincess05
03-09-2010, 11:09 PM
Awesome guys!!! I knew I could count on you all to answer my lil' short but sweet survey :cloud9:!!!

OhioDisneyLover
03-10-2010, 06:33 AM

I have to say Magic Kingdom. There is just something about walking down Main Street that makes all of your troubles just go away. Even if it's temporary, it's such a great feeling.

Mickey's Philharmagic. Gives me goose bumps every single time. I just love it!

Probably the Poly. I've always wanted to stay there but never have. We'd have to shorten our stay to fit it in the budget.

Hmm, that's a hard one. I'd need to think about it.

Our first trip with my niece and nephew. They were so excited that it made it that more magical.

Victoriasmom98
03-10-2010, 09:34 AM

I wanna play, too!!! So, my favorite park in WDW is Hollywood Studios. I've always loved the "movie" feel to it because I've always wanted to be a performer. In fact, when I was 24 years old I was even considering moving to Orlando to be a castmember in one of the WDW shows ---- I had info on apartments in the area and my mother's friend's daughter lived in the area and was going to help me navigate it all....then thyroid cancer struck and my voice suffered because of it. HS is where I can still live my dream, even if just a little....

My favorite ride/attraction.......hmmmm......wow. I have lots of favorites, but I don't think I can name just one. Among my favs are Fantasmic, BTMRR, Monsters Laugh Floor......gee, just being at Disney is my favorite!!!

Where would I stay? Oh, that's easy........the Cinderella suite in the castle itself!!!!

I don't think I could create a ride or attraction. I think the Imagineers have that down!

My most magical moment was Christmas of 2008 when Victoria and I were watching Wishes. I just started crying. I felt the magic all around me and I cried because I was so happy to be there in that moment with Victoria.

I know, I know.....really sappy, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Victoriasmom98
03-10-2010, 09:46 AM
So, Janine......it seems that our families are the only "single players' here now. Pam, Karen, Hope ---- they all have buddies. I feel like the little orphan Annie (ha, my name is Ann --- that's funny right there! :laughing:).

PixieDustPrincess05
03-23-2010, 10:13 PM
Ok all, I know I have been a bad diser lately- I just found out yesterday that I did not get the job- WHAT THE CRAP :mad:?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!? The jack-*** (sorry) pulled me into his office yesterday with the biggest smile you could ever see on someones face and said, we hired someone else :scared1:- but don't take that negatively because we are "restructuring" within the next few months and I am sure the opportunity will come up for you again. So that's that, its done and over with and I can move on. Who does that to someone though- who. My boss- which is the greatest was pissed as well because he had no say in it whatsoever- he doesn't even know who his boss hired. So, WHATEVER (Sorry I needed to vent ;)).

Anyway, here is what is new. I am having my first Tupperware party on April 30th at my house- and am SUPER excited!!!! I have 9 confirmed guests coming to my house so far, and a bunch of other people that will probably buy something from the book at work. I already started picking stuff out.

I have been getting things ready for Austin's Easter basket. So far, I bought him a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse puzzle, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse coloring book, an easter bunny pez, plastic eggs to fill with jelly beans, a zhu zhu pet, zhu zhu tunnel, and zhu zhu slide. I just have to get some more candy and he'll be set!!!!!

As far as Disney goes, just a few more days until hopefully FREE DINING!!!

3princesses+aprince
03-24-2010, 10:38 AM
Hey, glad you're back!! And i'm so sorry about the job! That really stinks. You need to concentrate on your Disney trip now. That should cheer you up. AND... my mother always tells me that everything happens for a reason. Sometimes we just don't know what that reason is. When I put things that way they don't seem so bad.

I have my fingers crossed for your free dining (and everyone else that is waiting, of course) I know if I didn't get that pincode I would be a nervous wreck waiting.:headache:

Charlefours
03-25-2010, 11:04 PM
:hug: sorry about the job! I hope the restructuring works out for you. Free Dining....
please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

PixieDustPrincess05
03-27-2010, 09:24 AM
So, Janine......it seems that our families are the only "single players' here now. Pam, Karen, Hope ---- they all have buddies. I feel like the little orphan Annie (ha, my name is Ann --- that's funny right there! :laughing:).

Hey Ann!
Even though we don't have large groups going- we are all still going to have a great time!!

Hey, glad you're back!! And i'm so sorry about the job! That really stinks. You need to concentrate on your Disney trip now. That should cheer you up. AND... my mother always tells me that everything happens for a reason. Sometimes we just don't know what that reason is. When I put things that way they don't seem so bad.

I have my fingers crossed for your free dining (and everyone else that is waiting, of course) I know if I didn't get that pincode I would be a nervous wreck waiting.:headache:

I really do need to focus on my Disney Trip- you are right about that. It always seems to put me in a better mood :-)

Today is the last day for the current promotion- so hopefully sometime this week they will have something out for free dining. We are sooo excited about free dining- I am positive that it will come out again.

:hug: sorry about the job! I hope the restructuring works out for you. Free Dining....
please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

Thanks!!!!!! I really think they are going to release the free dining plan with in the next few days- I am keeping our fingers crossed for the both of us :wizard:!!!!!!!!!

PixieDustPrincess05
03-27-2010, 09:56 AM
Alright everyone- it's the last day of the gift card promo, let's keep our fingers crossed over the next few days for FREE DINING!!!!!! :banana:

I think I am going to tweak my plans a little. After much thinking, I think we may just fly down Tuesday morning on the early flight. No use shelling out the extra 100.00 for Monday night when we would be getting there around 10-10:30pm. I originally did not want to fly out Tuesday morning because the last time we did this we were sooooo tired. But, after looking at the park hours and stuff, MK closes at 7pm and that is where we will be that day- so the 6am flight will really not affect us. I will add on Saturday night to our ressie so we can stay for Spectro/Wishes. And.... I just may add on the hoppers being that we will not be staying Monday night. Bill and I really liked the freedom of not being contained just to one park for the day, doing a morning and one park, and fireworks at the other. I don't know, we'll see :-).

I think that I have everything I need for Austin's Easter Basket (go us Pam :woohoo:!!!!), hopefully I can fit everything into it. I got him "Spottie" the Zhu Zhu pet, the pool room add on, the slide,Zhu Zhu pet bed, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse coloring book, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse puzzle, Reese's pb eggs, jolly rancher jelly beans, easter starbursts, easter bunny pez, plastic eggs to put the jelly beans in, grass, basket, and cellophane. I'll make it work :lmao:!!!!!!!
By the way, does anyone else have any of the Zhu Zhu pets or accessories- I wanted to pick him up the hamster wheel too- but I read some pretty bad reviews online and just wanted to know if everyone else felt the same.

Brave teacher
03-27-2010, 10:06 AM
Hey Janine! Sorry to hear about the job! It sucks, but maybe something good will come out of the restructuring.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you that the Free Dining announcement comes out soon. I agree about the flight issue. I would arrive on Tuesday morning rather than Monday night. We ended up doing the same thing with our trip, but we are driving instead.

PixieDustPrincess05
03-27-2010, 10:33 AM
Hey Janine! Sorry to hear about the job! It sucks, but maybe something good will come out of the restructuring.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you that the Free Dining announcement comes out soon. I agree about the flight issue. I would arrive on Tuesday morning rather than Monday night. We ended up doing the same thing with our trip, but we are driving instead.

Yeah it seems to make soooo much more sense!!!!!!!!

3princesses+aprince
03-28-2010, 04:04 PM
I think it makes sense to fly out tuesday morning as well, instead of paying the money for an extra night if you're getting in that late. I would do the same thing.

Woo Hoo for Easter basket shopping!!! We have zhu zhu pets, but we don't have the wheel. My mom is actually getting them a few accessories for Easter! They want the little stroller things with the baby hamsters that the big zhu zhus push around. Looks cute!

PixieDustPrincess05
03-29-2010, 09:54 PM
I think it makes sense to fly out tuesday morning as well, instead of paying the money for an extra night if you're getting in that late. I would do the same thing.

Woo Hoo for Easter basket shopping!!! We have zhu zhu pets, but we don't have the wheel. My mom is actually getting them a few accessories for Easter! They want the little stroller things with the baby hamsters that the big zhu zhus push around. Looks cute!

I think we will definitely fly out early Tuesday morning. We get more bang for our buck that way.

Yeah, I have no clue how I am going to fit all of this stuff in his basket- but I will make it work. I did see the stroller with the baby hamsters- they look adorable!!!

Charlefours
04-06-2010, 10:44 PM
So Janine are you going a wee bit crazy waiting for fall promotions to come out? :confused3

3princesses+aprince
04-07-2010, 09:56 AM
I keep checking for that free dining update for all of my dis friends that are waiting for it. I got the pin code, but I have my fingers crossed for all of you here. The wait is torture, I know!

Victoriasmom98
04-14-2010, 04:50 PM
Just checking in with you, Janine.....how are you?

3princesses+aprince
04-15-2010, 09:15 AM
I'll second that Ann! We're the heck are you Janine! We got planning to do! There's rumors here that FD could be announced on May 3rd, you gotta be ready for that!

PixieDustPrincess05
04-18-2010, 10:10 AM
Just checking in with you, Janine.....how are you?
I'm still here LOL!!!!!!!

So Janine are you going a wee bit crazy waiting for fall promotions to come out? :confused3

I am going EXTREMELY crazy over this free dining!!!

I'll second that Ann! We're the heck are you Janine! We got planning to do! There's rumors here that FD could be announced on May 3rd, you gotta be ready for that!

I'm here, and yes we definitely got some planning to do. May 3rd huh? Ya know, I still really think that they are going to come out with it, and that they are just holding off till they get all of these summer promo's out to offset the Harry Potter opening at Universal Studios.

PixieDustPrincess05
04-18-2010, 10:14 AM
Hi Everyone!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. It's been this awesome warm weather that we have be having here. I've mostly been outside getting my flowers ready and grilling and that sorta of fun warm weather stuff.

I got the Superior Service Award at work, so I get to go to a dinner Tuesday night and I get a fat 500.00 check (which is going straight to my disney trip!)

So thats basically it. Just waiting around for free dining because it is really stalling my plans.

3princesses+aprince
04-18-2010, 11:14 AM
Hey Janine! Yup, we're all pretty sure here too, that free dining is coming! And congrats on the award and that $500 will sure be great to put towards Disney!!

I'm very jealous that you are having great weather. We went about 1-2 weeks with very nice weather and then BAM!!! Gone, it's rainy and about 45 degrees today. :headache:

PixieDustPrincess05
04-20-2010, 08:28 PM
Hey Janine! Yup, we're all pretty sure here too, that free dining is coming! And congrats on the award and that $500 will sure be great to put towards Disney!!

I'm very jealous that you are having great weather. We went about 1-2 weeks with very nice weather and then BAM!!! Gone, it's rainy and about 45 degrees today. :headache:

Thanks Pam- that 500.00 will be great for our trip.

PixieDustPrincess05
04-28-2010, 09:57 PM
I am in a pretty good mood right now!!!!

First of all, I am having a Tupperware Party on Friday and am going to have a bunch of great friends and family over!!!!

Secondly, I got a pincode for "Kids Stay and Play Free thru Oct 2nd"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So that saved me over 200.00!!!!! I did modify my ressie though. We are coming in Tuesday morning instead of Monday night, and leaving Saturday night. 5 days/4 nights is plenty for us. Plus I might eventually add on the hoppers!!!! :cool1:

So get this, my total package price for 5 days/ 4 nights, QSDP, MYW base tickets was 1156.00!!! I applied my 200.00 amex giftcard for my deposit, paid 100.00 OOP so far ( I know I am slacking- but I was waiting for a promo to come out before I paid anymore). I am applying my 500.00 award from work to my package. So I only owe 356.00 more dollars!!!!! Plus plane tix- blah!!!! I really haven't seen any great plane deals yet- but I will find one!!!

So I am in soooo Disney mode right now!!!!!

OhioDisneyLover
04-29-2010, 06:30 AM
I love Tupperware parties! They are so much fun! Hope you have a successful party!

:woohoo:for the pin code! That's always exciting to be able to save a few dollars!

Charlefours
04-29-2010, 07:49 PM
:woohoo: we added the Kids Stay and Play free too but FREE DINING should be out on Monday for our travel dates!!!! :cool1:

PixieDustPrincess05
04-29-2010, 09:08 PM
I love Tupperware parties! They are so much fun! Hope you have a successful party!

I am soooo excited!!!

:woohoo:for the pin code! That's always exciting to be able to save a few dollars!

I am sooo excited about that too!!!!

PixieDustPrincess05
04-29-2010, 09:09 PM
:woohoo: we added the Kids Stay and Play free too but FREE DINING should be out on Monday for our travel dates!!!! :cool1:

I know I just saw that- I am heading over to the wdw site and seeing what will be cheaper!!!

Brave teacher
04-29-2010, 09:39 PM
YAY for saving money! I hope the Tupperware party goes well.

Charlefours
04-29-2010, 11:18 PM
I know I just saw that- I am heading over to the wdw site and seeing what will be cheaper!!!

Dining would be a better deal I believe, even with QSDP. :goodvibes

PixieDustPrincess05
05-03-2010, 10:05 PM
Wahoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Free dining is finally here, and I had a GREAT CM change my ressie over for me!!!!

So, we had to extend our stay one extra day (boo hoo- not!) so it looks like we will be flying in Monday night to MCO. The funny part is that I am still paying about the same as the kids stay free promo, but I am getting an extra night out of the deal!!!!!!

I am sooo excited!!!

The Tupperware Party went GREAT by the way- I did 809.00 in sales, so I am getting a nice chunk of host credit!!!!

Today, however, STUNK at work. My boss (who is probably one of the best people I have ever worked for) was laid off, along with the Accounts Receivable Supervisor. I cried my eyes out when I found out, I was sooooo upset!!!!! So, yes, it was my boss's idiot boss (who knows nothing, yes and he is the ******* that screwed me over on the job) who did this. Everyone is sooo upset because it just doesn't make sense at all. I called him up tonight and he says he is somewhat relieved and is going to travel this summer. I told him that if I didn't have this Disney Trip, I would be putting in for another job somewhere else, but I need the vacation time- how sad is that!!!!!!!!

Charlefours
05-04-2010, 09:24 AM
Hi Janine!! I am glad you got FD and an extra night!! :cool1: Such a hardship to be at Disney for another night. ;) Great tupperware party! The few pieces I have I love because they hold up so well.

Sorry to hear work is not going so hot. :hug: After Disney, do you think you are going to get a new job?

Victoriasmom98
05-04-2010, 10:04 AM
Oh Janine.....I'm so sorry about the work situation. It's so hard when you love your boss and they are the ones that leave! I'm so fortunate to have a great supervisor. In fact, he's the one performing my wedding ceremony!

Yeah for all of us getting free dining. I am so happy. I seriously thought all the rooms would be sold out before my TA got on it. What a relief!

Awesome job on the Tupperware party. I thought of you when I just placed an order for a set of 6 tumblers! :goodvibes

PixieDustPrincess05
05-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Hi Janine!! I am glad you got FD and an extra night!! :cool1: Such a hardship to be at Disney for another night. ;) Great tupperware party! The few pieces I have I love because they hold up so well.

Sorry to hear work is not going so hot. :hug: After Disney, do you think you are going to get a new job?

So excited about FD!!!!!

I think I am going to definitely start looking for a new job- they are putting way to much pressure on me.

Oh Janine.....I'm so sorry about the work situation. It's so hard when you love your boss and they are the ones that leave! I'm so fortunate to have a great supervisor. In fact, he's the one performing my wedding ceremony!

Yeah for all of us getting free dining. I am so happy. I seriously thought all the rooms would be sold out before my TA got on it. What a relief!

Awesome job on the Tupperware party. I thought of you when I just placed an order for a set of 6 tumblers! :goodvibes

I am happy that we all got free dining too!!!!!!!

Did you get the Eco Tumblers Ann?

Victoriasmom98
05-04-2010, 04:20 PM
Yes, they were the eco tumblers......you are so smart!!! :thumbsup2

3princesses+aprince
05-06-2010, 10:21 AM
Hi!!! Glad your tupperware party went well, that sounds like fun!! We all love some good tupperware. I need new stuff come to think of it. Wish I could have went to yours!

WOOHOO for your free dining and getting to spend that extra night for the same price. We got the free dining too, i'm so excited and because we switched to POR we have the regular ddp which we've never done before.

Hey, I just put up a post on my PTR to see if everyone wants to post their days and plans to see if we'll be in the same parks on the same days to try to get a dis meet going!!!!

3princesses+aprince
05-06-2010, 12:23 PM
So it looks like all of us going that week won't be in the same parks on the same days. I'm going to meet up with Ann at Epcot on sat 9/25 and then Most likely Karen at MK on sunday 9/26.

If your park days are still the same we are doing AK and DHS on the same day. Maybe we could get together and go on the Safari or Rock n Rollercoaster. Oh, i'm still unsure about ToT, it scares me!

PixieDustPrincess05
05-06-2010, 11:36 PM
Yes, they were the eco tumblers......you are so smart!!! :thumbsup2

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got those with my host credit too! I am going to use them for the beach. See Ann, great minds think alike!!!

PixieDustPrincess05
05-06-2010, 11:39 PM
Hi!!! Glad your tupperware party went well, that sounds like fun!! We all love some good tupperware. I need new stuff come to think of it. Wish I could have went to yours!

I love me some tupperware! Wish you all could have came we had a great time.

WOOHOO for your free dining and getting to spend that extra night for the same price. We got the free dining too, i'm so excited and because we switched to POR we have the regular ddp which we've never done before.

I may do a mod like POR resort on our next trip- it looks so pretty. And Congrats on the free DDP that is awesome :-)

Hey, I just put up a post on my PTR to see if everyone wants to post their days and plans to see if we'll be in the same parks on the same days to try to get a dis meet going!!!!

So it looks like all of us going that week won't be in the same parks on the same days. I'm going to meet up with Ann at Epcot on sat 9/25 and then Most likely Karen at MK on sunday 9/26.

If your park days are still the same we are doing AK and DHS on the same day. Maybe we could get together and go on the Safari or Rock n Rollercoaster. Oh, i'm still unsure about ToT, it scares me!

I definitely want to get a meet going!!!!!

PixieDustPrincess05
05-06-2010, 11:48 PM
The week is still going crummy but I have an eeeeeevil plan up my sleeve mwahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am still very upset about my boss getting laid off- and when we went to my award dinner a few weeks ago, they took our picture with the both of us holding my award. I just got it via interoffice mail the other day and wanted to cry. So, being that I have been feeling extremely devious, I decided to frame that 8 X 10 sucker and put it on top of my cubicle overhead so that that @!@!#*$@(#*@($&(*$@(*@($&$ selfish twit director that laid of my boss has to feel uncomfortable and look at him everytime he walks past my desk.

MWHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! !!!!!!!!!!

And there isn't a thing he can do about it!!!!!

Comments are welcome :surfweb:

I will let you all know how it works out tomorrow night!!!!

Victoriasmom98
05-07-2010, 08:09 AM
I love your evil plan.....see, there are benefits of living for 8 hours per day in "cubie world"......:lmao:

3princesses+aprince
05-07-2010, 10:41 AM
I, too, like your plan!!!!

PixieDustPrincess05
05-08-2010, 11:57 PM
I've been thinking about this the past couple of days and thought it would be a great project. You know how we all do the autographs with the characters for the kids, I have another idea up my sleeve!!!!!!!!!

A "DIS" Autograph book!!!!!!! Yes, you heard it right. Since we ALL enjoy making stuff for our trips like autograph books and stuff. I figured that everyone from our little September trip group could create their own, and if we happen to run into each other, we could sign our screen names on one side and maybe take a photo together on the other page. You could even write a personal message to the person on that page. Since we are all pretty much our own "character" on these boards, I thought it would be a fun thing to do!!!! Does it sound corny?

PixieDustPrincess05
05-09-2010, 12:35 AM
Okay, I know I've been slacking lately, but I still think about Disney constantly!!!!!! Here is what I came up now that I know the exact length of our stay, and now that free dining finally came out!

Monday, September 20th: Arrival Day!
6:40pm flight via Spirit Airlines (so far) arriving at MCO at 8:55pm
ME to Pop Century Resort
Check In, settle in room, grab a snack, explore hotel if it is not too late and maybe take a quick dip in the Hippy Dippy Pool :hippie:!!!!!!!

Tuesday, September 21st: Magic Kingdom Day :wizard:
Early breakfast at Hotel
Rope Drop at MK
Lunch: Cosmic Rays
Dreams Come True Parade 3pm
Snack: Aloha Isle
Leave around 6pm for Epcot
Worlds Showcase ( I don't think we will need more than a few hours for this)
Illuminations 9pm
Dinner: Liberty Inn or Pop Food Court

Wednesday, September 22nd: Animal Kingdom Day
Early breakfast at Hotel
Rope Drop at AK
Lunch: Flametree BBQ
Jammin Jungle Parade 3:45pm
Snack: Camp Soft Serve
MK for Wishes 8pm
Dinner: Pecos Bill's

Thursday, September 23rd: Hollywood Studios Day
Early breakfast at Hotel
Lunch: Sci Fi Dine In (OOP)
Dinner: Toy Story Pizza Planet
Fantasmic! 8pm

Friday, September 24th: Magic Kingdom/Epcot Day
Early breakfast at Hotel
Lunch: El Pirata y El Perico
Snack: Main Street Bakery
Dinner: Diamond Horseshoe
Spectromagic 8pm
May skip out on Wishes and go over to Epcot for EMH till 12am!

Saturday, September 25th: Our last day in the most magical place on earth:mad:
Early breakfast at Hotel
Check out
Back to MK for the last time
Head over to DTD for shopping
Lunch: Wolfgang Puck Express
Dinner: POP Century Food court
ME back to MCO
9:40pm flight back home

3princesses+aprince
05-09-2010, 12:52 AM
Ok, I love idea of the "dis autograph books" Can we get some more disers doing this? I like it. I'll post it on my PTR and see if we can get a group of people doing it!!!

Your plans look great. We'll be at Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios on the same day. And on 9/21, we'll be in the MK by 4pm and waiting for MNSSHP to start. I think we'll definitely be able to meet up that week!! :thumbsup2

As our trips get closer we'll have to exchange cell phone numbers too, so we can reach each other there if we need to!

3princesses+aprince
05-09-2010, 12:56 AM
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY :flower3:

PixieDustPrincess05
05-09-2010, 01:22 AM
Ok, I love idea of the "dis autograph books" Can we get some more disers doing this? I like it. I'll post it on my PTR and see if we can get a group of people doing it!!!

Your plans look great. We'll be at Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios on the same day. And on 9/21, we'll be in the MK by 4pm and waiting for MNSSHP to start. I think we'll definitely be able to meet up that week!! :thumbsup2

As our trips get closer we'll have to exchange cell phone numbers too, so we can reach each other there if we need to!

Sounds like a plan Pam!!!! We need to get a list going of who all is going to be there at the same time, then sorta try to get everyone rounded up somehow.

PixieDustPrincess05
05-09-2010, 01:23 AM
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY :flower3:

Right back at ya Pam :flower3:!!!

PixieDustPrincess05
05-11-2010, 12:02 AM
Okay so we are doing the free QSDP, but I wanted to do one special sit down dinner for Austin. We did a character dinner on our last trip to Crystal Palace, and although the characters were great, the food was kinda stinky :scared1: So............. I wanted some place fun and unique so I chose the Sci Fi Dine In on our HS day!!!!!!! The menu looks yummy for sandwiches for Bill and I, and the kids menu looks great for Austin. Better yet, I was able to book online and that was awesome!!!! I was even able to add a celebration to the meal online for Austin's 5th bday!!!!!! So that should be special for him. For our other meals here are our plans so far for must dos and maybes:

MK- Must Do- El Pirata y El Perico's, Pecos Bill's, Cosmic Ray's, Mainstreet Bakery and Aloha Isle.
Maybe's- Diamond Horseshoe

AK- Must Do- Flametree BBQ, Camp Soft Serve
Maybe's- Pizzafari (love this place, maybe we will get breakfast pizzas here)

HS- Must Do- Toy Story Pizza Planet and Sci-fi Dine In

EP- Maybe- Liberty Inn

DTD- Must Do- Wolfgang Puck Express and Earl of Sandwich

Resorts

Pop Century- Everything POP!
Contemporary- Contempo Cafe- Must Do
Carribean Beach Resort- Old Port Royale (chicken fingers in a sand pail and shovel!)

I am getting hungry just typing this!!!

3princesses+aprince
05-11-2010, 09:43 AM
So, I kind of started who's going to be where on which days on my PTR and it doesn't look like our days are matching up. You and I have a few, and Me and Ann(victoriasmom) have 1, but that one doesn't match up with mine and yours :confused3 We'll see.

Good choice for Sci Fi, we're doing that one on our DHS day too. We have an ADR for 3:40. I wanted it plenty early enough because we want to be able to grab a snack and go wait for Fantasmic!!! Its on our list for september, as we did not get to see it last year!!!

We could meet up for Fantasmic :goodvibes

Victoriasmom98
05-11-2010, 10:16 AM
HI Janine.....

Ok, I'm dying to know how the picture of you and your boss in your cubicle went over? Did they see it? Was anything said?

How are your plans coming? Have you done any more shopping for the trip? The other day I got my laundry detergent ready......(I know, I know, but hey, it's better than paying $2 for detergent while there when I can just bring some Tide powder from home). Watch, the TSA will think it's explosive material and take it out of my suitcase.....oh my, can you imagine??? :lmao:

OH, we'll be at Epcot on the 24th so maybe if you do skip on over there, we could meet up for Illuminations or for a snack or something just to say hi. I just wish all of our schedules would allow a huge meet!

PixieDustPrincess05
05-11-2010, 06:16 PM
So, I kind of started who's going to be where on which days on my PTR and it doesn't look like our days are matching up. You and I have a few, and Me and Ann(victoriasmom) have 1, but that one doesn't match up with mine and yours :confused3 We'll see.

Good choice for Sci Fi, we're doing that one on our DHS day too. We have an ADR for 3:40. I wanted it plenty early enough because we want to be able to grab a snack and go wait for Fantasmic!!! Its on our list for september, as we did not get to see it last year!!!

We could meet up for Fantasmic :goodvibes

Hey Pam!!! I am soooo excited about Sci Fi- the food looks great. I think Fantasmic sounds like a great dismeet plan. I heard that you have to get there at least 45 minutes prior. So maybe we can all get our snacks and chit chat in the Fantasmic theater till it starts!!!!!!!!!

HI Janine.....

Ok, I'm dying to know how the picture of you and your boss in your cubicle went over? Did they see it? Was anything said?

How are your plans coming? Have you done any more shopping for the trip? The other day I got my laundry detergent ready......(I know, I know, but hey, it's better than paying $2 for detergent while there when I can just bring some Tide powder from home). Watch, the TSA will think it's explosive material and take it out of my suitcase.....oh my, can you imagine??? :lmao:

OH, we'll be at Epcot on the 24th so maybe if you do skip on over there, we could meet up for Illuminations or for a snack or something just to say hi. I just wish all of our schedules would allow a huge meet!

Hey Ann!!!!! The twit saw the picture but didn't say anything. You see it from Accounts Payable which is way down the hallway :lmao:!!!! I probably blew any chance at getting a promotion in the future but oh well, it wasn't that much more money to worry about, and I do not want to work directly for someone that doesn't know there head from their *** (sorry for the potty mouth).

My plans are coming great and I too started buying Disney stuff. A few months ago I bought Disney lanyards from Michael's. Last week I bought Austin a little Toy Story Stationary set. I am going to make a little note to attach to it and that says that Buzz and Woody left it for him. I will probably start picking up odds and ends like ponchos and stuff like that soon.

3princesses+aprince
05-12-2010, 09:54 AM
Oh, once you start picking things up for the trip it will seem so much closer. I started doing that and I feel like I want to pack it all up and go now!

PixieDustPrincess05
05-13-2010, 10:35 PM
Oh, once you start picking things up for the trip it will seem so much closer. I started doing that and I feel like I want to pack it all up and go now!

Hey Pam!!!!! You have no clue (yeah you probably do LOL) how bad I want to get our beautiful lime green American Tourister Luggage out and start packing!!!!!!!! Heck, I already started making my packing lists!!!!!!

PixieDustPrincess05
05-13-2010, 10:44 PM
Hi all!

I was up till after midnite last night printing different fun things off of the Creative Disigns threads. You know, cute little Mousekeeping envelopes, a door knob hanger that says "It's my Birthday" for Austin with a cute little Disney Design on it, some paper dolls for a Disney night craft, a print out monorail that comes in 4 pieces that we are going to make monorail magnets out of. Sooooooooo much fun!!!!! I started making tshirts for the night we arrive for the plane ride that say "We're on our way to Disney" with a cute character filled airplane flying over WDW on it!!!!!! I made mine and Bill's a while back, started Austin's to complete the set last night- but wound up messing up my last three sheets of transfer paper (that stuff is expensive too!) and running out of colored ink!!!!! So I bought some more transfer paper tonight, and am planning on buying some ink tomorrow. I am having soooo much fun getting ready for Disney!!!!!!! And there is sooo much more stuff I want to make!!!!!!

Brave teacher
05-14-2010, 07:21 AM
Hey Janine! I just wanted to let you know I am still reading. Been incerdibly busy with closing out the school year, planning my Disney meals, and getting everything together for the trip since we are leaving a week from today!

PixieDustPrincess05
05-16-2010, 01:26 AM
Hey Janine! I just wanted to let you know I am still reading. Been incerdibly busy with closing out the school year, planning my Disney meals, and getting everything together for the trip since we are leaving a week from today!

Have a great time Megan!!!! Lots and Lots of pictures!!!

PixieDustPrincess05
05-16-2010, 01:41 AM
Guess what everyone? I did something sooooo exciting today- I bought our plane tickets!!!!!

I have been comparing flights all week, and I was originally going to wait and buy them around July/August- but I got a deal that I could not pass up. So, are you ready for this??????? I have been stalking a certain airline website all week, and they have been running okay sales. I have also stalked Southwest, Delta, United Airlines, and US Airways all out of Philadelphia (about a 45 minute drive). Soooooooo....... I just happened to take a quick look at this certain website today and got an AWESOME deal!!!!! I got 3 roundtrip tickets for $292.00!!!!!!!!!! I had to grab it, I know that I will not find anything better than that so I booked it!!!! Now I have one less thing to worry about, and I don't owe that much on my trippie!!!!!!! It just seems soooo much more real now that I got those tickets!!!!!!!

Now I am going to do a little dance :banana::banana::banana::banana:

PixieDustPrincess05
05-16-2010, 08:43 AM
I am going over to the Disney site to fill out our Magical Express info!!!! Sooooooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3princesses+aprince
05-17-2010, 09:48 AM
wow, great deal on the plane tickets. I've been checking with southwest a lot. We're still not 100% sure if we're driving or flying, but if we fly i'd like for SWs prices to come down just a little so i can book with them. I have that $25 pp R/T flight, so that saves me $125 plus I still have a $120 credit with them, so that's already 245 towards the flights!!! I have to wait until after the wedding though. So, I'm hoping July will bring some great september deals for us.

And I know what you mean about messing up the transfer sheets. It's frustrating because they are so expensive. I actually forgot about mousekeeping envelopes. I don't know if i'm gonna print them out or have the kids design some envelopes. They'd have fun doing that. I think we have a craft for tomorrow night, since it's going to be rainy.

It's so exciting filling out the ME forms too!!!! I LOVE ME. That is one thing that keeps coming to my mind if we drive. We will miss that. That ride was so exciting.

Victoriasmom98
05-17-2010, 10:06 AM

Alright Janine.......I'll join in....... :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

PixieDustPrincess05
05-23-2010, 02:36 PM
wow, great deal on the plane tickets. I've been checking with southwest a lot. We're still not 100% sure if we're driving or flying, but if we fly i'd like for SWs prices to come down just a little so i can book with them. I have that $25 pp R/T flight, so that saves me $125 plus I still have a $120 credit with them, so that's already 245 towards the flights!!! I have to wait until after the wedding though. So, I'm hoping July will bring some great september deals for us.

And I know what you mean about messing up the transfer sheets. It's frustrating because they are so expensive. I actually forgot about mousekeeping envelopes. I don't know if i'm gonna print them out or have the kids design some envelopes. They'd have fun doing that. I think we have a craft for tomorrow night, since it's going to be rainy.

It's so exciting filling out the ME forms too!!!! I LOVE ME. That is one thing that keeps coming to my mind if we drive. We will miss that. That ride was so exciting.

So excited on the plane tickets!!!!! Last time we went in August '08 it cost me $550 for 3 R/T tickets. I may try to do another tshirt tonight with my new transfer sheets - wish me luck :wizard:!!!!!

PixieDustPrincess05
05-23-2010, 02:37 PM
Alright Janine.......I'll join in....... :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

:lmao:

PixieDustPrincess05
05-23-2010, 02:44 PM
Sorry I have not been on here in a few days. I plan to do more posting as my ticker is @ 3 months now!!!!!! It seems so close now!!!!!!

Oh guess what? Bill was about a half hour late getting home from work last night and he was like "That traffic was horrible", so I walked into my bedroom to see how his day went and that mickey balloon shirt that Pam got for her Disney Shower was laid out on the bed :cloud9:!!!!!! So I gave him a big hug :lovestruc!!!! He actually went out of his way to stop at the Disney Store on his way home to get me that shirt (which they didn't have in stock last week)!!!!!!!!!!! He was like "See I listen to you when you are rambling on about Disney!". I was sooooooo excited!!!!!!! So Pam, it looks like we will be matching LOL!!!!!!!!! Hmmmm..... I wonder if we will meet on the same day with them on :lmao:!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I am going back to doing laundry :laundy:and cleaning the house, while Austin is watching Cinderella- such a lovely thing to listen to while you are cleaning :lovestruc. Stir Fry tonight for dinner!!!!!

3princesses+aprince
05-23-2010, 03:12 PM
Yay for the awesome Disney shirt! We'll plan on wearing them on the day we meet!!! That will be so fun!!! I know it will make our husbands laugh too:lmao:

OhioDisneyLover
05-23-2010, 03:38 PM
Guess what everyone? I did something sooooo exciting today- I bought our plane tickets!!!!!

I have been comparing flights all week, and I was originally going to wait and buy them around July/August- but I got a deal that I could not pass up. So, are you ready for this??????? I have been stalking a certain airline website all week, and they have been running okay sales. I have also stalked Southwest, Delta, United Airlines, and US Airways all out of Philadelphia (about a 45 minute drive). Soooooooo....... I just happened to take a quick look at this certain website today and got an AWESOME deal!!!!! I got 3 roundtrip tickets for $292.00!!!!!!!!!! I had to grab it, I know that I will not find anything better than that so I booked it!!!! Now I have one less thing to worry about, and I don't owe that much on my trippie!!!!!!! It just seems soooo much more real now that I got those tickets!!!!!!!

Amazing deal on your flights!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

PixieDustPrincess05
05-23-2010, 04:50 PM
Yay for the awesome Disney shirt! We'll plan on wearing them on the day we meet!!! That will be so fun!!! I know it will make our husbands laugh too:lmao:

:lmao: HEHEEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE I won't tell Bill if you don't tell Manny!!!!!!!!

PixieDustPrincess05
05-23-2010, 11:47 PM
I belong to the Disney Movie Rewards Club where you put in the codes of the Disney Movies you buy and get cool things in return. Well, my points are burning a hole in my laptop (:lmao:) and I want to use them!!!! I am torn between a pink duffle bag with pillow that says Disney Princess on it- it is like 19 inches long, and 8 1/2 inches in height or something like that (its a kids item, but I figured I could use it as a carryon bag). Or.... there is this exclusive picture frame that has jewels and Cinderella's pumpkin coach on the bottem of it!!!!!

Which one would you choose?

3princesses+aprince
05-24-2010, 08:52 AM
First off, I will not tell Manny that we planned to wear the shirts on the same day. :lmao: I know, he'll just look at me like, I know you planned that when he sees you :lmao: I think it will be quite funny!

Second, if it were me choosing between the 2 items, I would choose the picture frame because i'm so quick to buy new bags because it's an expense that I can justify... we need bags. But picture frames. I love them, but don't often by them for myself. Plus that will look really nice with a great picture in front of Cinderella's castle! :cloud9:

Twoboysnmygirl
05-24-2010, 09:26 AM
Ooooh, I think the picture frame b/c I could look at it more often, a bag will get put away when not being used! Then again, this is coming from someone that has TONS of bags, so apparently what I think I would do and what I actually do are two different things! :laughing:

Victoriasmom98
06-28-2010, 10:00 AM
Janine.....it's been ONE MONTH since you've posted anything!!!!! Naughty girl!!! :laughing:

PixieDustPrincess05
06-28-2010, 07:38 PM
Janine.....it's been ONE MONTH since you've posted anything!!!!! Naughty girl!!! :laughing:

I'm still hear- just lurking a little LOL!!!! Plans are still the same- just been very busy in this veryyyy hot weather hear. I am about ready to dig up all of my impatiens and replace them with cactuses!!!!!!!!! Hey did you get your ECO-tumblers yet? They are THE BEST- I use them from work everyday with my little iced tea and lemonade to go packs and the water cooler at work!!!!!

PixieDustPrincess05
07-09-2010, 11:33 PM
Hi everyone!

I am getting soooo exciting as Disney is getting so close!!!!! It has been a very busy and yet dreadfully hot summer so far!!!!! We have been to the beach a few times with my Aunt and cousins, to my dad/stepmom's pool, my mom/stepdad's pool, Austin went to Hershey to my Aunt's house for a week, we went out to my family's campsite over 4th of July weekend, and still have soooo much more planned!!! Tomorrow night we are going to the Hometown Celebration in our town, probably hitting up a local carnival later in the week, and heading up to the Pocono's on July 20th for a few days!!!! Tomorrow I will probably get some cleaning and grocery shopping done, and may hang out at my mom's pool for a little while.

Guess what?????? You all probably know this, but for all of you September go'ers, I just read that Toontown is going to be open until January 2011!!!!!! I am sooooo excited!!!!! Of course, It's a Small World will be closed for refurb-but hey I guess you can't have them all right? I am just so glad we can get some final pictures in there- as Austin was only 2 1/2 when we first went.

Have a great night all!!!

PixieDustPrincess05
07-11-2010, 10:51 AM
Where is everyone????????? I know I've been a sorry Diser over the past month or so but hey I'm back!!!!!!!

Yesterday I cleaned Austin's room from top to bottom. I got rid of a bunch a toys and stuff that I am taking over to the Goodwill store this afternoon. He was even participating in what we were going to get rid of- I was so happy and proud of him :lovestruc. Oh by the way- did I ever tell you guys that his bedroom is a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme? It is the cutest brightest bedroom ever- I took pics of it, I just have to post them on here one of these days.

Last night we ate dinner at the mall, and I made a few"disney" purchases for our trip!!!!!! I got a pair of white reeboks that I am saving for the trip. We of course went to the Disney store- where flip flops were 1.99 a pair so I picked up 3 pairs for Austin and am putting them away for our trip. Then we ate at the foodcourt, and went to CinnaBon- sooooo yummy!!!! We also went over to our Hometown Celebration and watched some great fireworks!!!!

Also...... I took out the Disney maps that I ordered and we played a little game. I ordered the character print ones this year rather than the classic ones that I usually order. I showed Austin where we are staying and he put the "My Resort" sticker there. On the theme parks ones I was explaining to him the different rides and I would call out the number of which one it was and he would have to find it and put the coordinating sticker by it.

I think we are going to do an "Official" Disney night next weekend. I am sooooooooooo excited. I think I am going to go out and get Monsters Inc. as our first movie. I was up way late last night looking on the boards at PrincessTigerLily's disney movie night themes. There are some really great ideas on there.

Charlefours
07-11-2010, 03:56 PM
Hey Janine! I hope you are doing good! Each of our trips are coming up so quickly. :goodvibes

PixieDustPrincess05
07-11-2010, 11:54 PM
Hey Janine! I hope you are doing good! Each of our trips are coming up so quickly. :goodvibes

Yay I still have a reader!!!!!!! Yes I am so excited that are trips are just a hop skip and jump away!!!!! I was looking at your tickers and yours said exactly 2 month- in about 10 minutes it will read 1 month!!!!!!

PixieDustPrincess05
07-12-2010, 12:14 AM
Okay, so being that our trip is getting closer- I decided to start our Official Disney Movie Theme nights. So............ Here is what I have so far planned- I hope you all like it!!!!!!!!

Movie: Monsters Inc.

Dinner: "Monster Manwiches"- in other words, "Sully's Sloppy Joe's"

"Monster"ella Sticks with Marinara dipping sauce

Dessert: Sully and Mike decorated Cupcakes

Activity: Trying to dowload the "Monsters Inc." masks from the Disney website

Please let me know what you all think!!!!!

OhioDisneyLover
07-12-2010, 05:13 AM
Okay, so being that our trip is getting closer- I decided to start our Official Disney Movie Theme nights. So............ Here is what I have so far planned- I hope you all like it!!!!!!!!

Movie: Monsters Inc.

Dinner: "Monster Manwiches"- in other words, "Sully's Sloppy Joe's"

"Monster"ella Sticks with Marinara dipping sauce

Dessert: Sully and Mike decorated Cupcakes

Activity: Trying to dowload the "Monsters Inc." masks from the Disney website

Please let me know what you all think!!!!!

I love it! I especially like "Monster"ella Sticks!:banana:

Charlefours
07-12-2010, 12:20 PM
Yup, I am still around. :goodvibes: I think your Disney night sounds great! I agree that the mozzarella sticks are adorable!

Victoriasmom98
07-12-2010, 01:05 PM
I'm here, too, Janine!!!! I love your Monsters, Inc. day!!! I think that's my favorite Pixar movie....heck, I even have 3 stuffed Mikes here on the shelf at work! It's too bad we don't live closer together so I could enjoy these days with you, too! Although Victoria would consider herself "too old" for those kind of things!!

How has your summer been? It's really been a warm sunny one here in Maine! We've gone on quite a few motorcycle rides already and our pool is FINALLY up, filled with water, and ready to use!

How's work been? Same ole same ole here. Still making those dead beat dads mad by taking their driver's licenses and bank accounts.....(I'm so evil!!! :lmao:). 2 months and a few days before our trips!!!! OMG!!!! :thumbsup2

PixieDustPrincess05
07-12-2010, 10:14 PM
I love it! I especially like "Monster"ella Sticks!:banana:

Yup, I am still around. :goodvibes: I think your Disney night sounds great! I agree that the mozzarella sticks are adorable!

LOL!!!!! I glad you guys like them-hopefully Bill and Austin will too!!!!

PixieDustPrincess05
07-12-2010, 10:17 PM
I'm here, too, Janine!!!! I love your Monsters, Inc. day!!! I think that's my favorite Pixar movie....heck, I even have 3 stuffed Mikes here on the shelf at work! It's too bad we don't live closer together so I could enjoy these days with you, too! Although Victoria would consider herself "too old" for those kind of things!!

How has your summer been? It's really been a warm sunny one here in Maine! We've gone on quite a few motorcycle rides already and our pool is FINALLY up, filled with water, and ready to use!

How's work been? Same ole same ole here. Still making those dead beat dads mad by taking their driver's licenses and bank accounts.....(I'm so evil!!! :lmao:). 2 months and a few days before our trips!!!! OMG!!!! :thumbsup2

Thanks!!!! It's a darn shame we all don't live closer together. Well lets see- you, me, and Pam are all East Coasters LOL!!!!! I guess that counts for something right LOL!!!!!!!

Works been crummy as usual- but I've learned to tolerate it. I go in and get done what I need to get done, and then I plan my trip the rest of the time!!! Always so much excitement in the world of Accounting!!!!!

PixieDustPrincess05
07-13-2010, 11:09 PM
So, after I got home from work tonight, I spend a few hours gardening around my house. Then I showered, got Austin showered and his pj's on and we watched Kate Plus Eight. I have to say that I used to love that show when it was Jon and Kate Plus Eight, but that woman has turned into a self absorbed monster. She acts like she doesn't even want to be bothered with those poor kids I feel so bad for them. I love how she just weezles free trips out of big companies like Disney and Discovery Cove and cries poor all the time- whatever!!!!! I hope I didn't offend anyone that actually still likes her- I am just venting thats all!!!!

So, everyone is asleep and I am sitting here on the boards thinking of none other than disney of course!!!!! Just thinking of things I have to do for before the trip like shopping and spending money and stuff like that. Also trying to think of things to make it the perfect memorable vacation- as our last trip was dampered by Hurricane Faye (Way 2 go Faye- my husband now thinks WDW is "Where Misery is Made"). It was his and Austin's first trip last time, and he is convinced that it rains all day every day in Disney now. I have to prove him wrong :thumbsup2. But we have a few better things going for us this trip:

1) Our flight lands in Orlando at 8pm that Monday night, so instead of walking around the parks all day our first day like zombies, we will already be in Disney the night before and can get a good night Disney sleep and start fresh with the MK in the morning :-)

2) Because we are flying in Monday night- we will each have 2 cs meals and 2 extra snacks to use later on in our trip being that we won't use all that night.

3) We are on the FREE Quick Service Dining Plan!!!!!! This will be the first time it is actually free for us, and we had to pay OOP for the regular DDP last time because the QSDP wasn't even an option yet. Bill is really excited about this because a) He HATED being tied down to dining ressies and having to stop what we were doing to go and eat. We all like eating when we are ready. b) We don't have to tip. c) We get an extra snack a day d) The mugs are included!!! Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

4) We are staying 6 days/ 5 nights this time- we did 4 days/ 3 nights last time. We are also staying at Pop Century this time- we stayed at All Star Movies last time. Loved ASMo, but really think that Bill and Austin will enjoy the brightness and theming at Pop Century. Plus I can get some really great pics there.

5) We are going in September instead of August so it hopefully won't be as crowded or hot or rainy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6) Just all in all excited about this trip because Austin is a little older and will be able to enjoy more as a family :-)

69 days left!!!! Wow it is getting soooo close- pretty soon it will be at the 45 day mark where it will finally be paid in full and those lovely travel documents will start to arrive!!!!!

Victoriasmom98
07-14-2010, 08:03 AM
You sound so excited and that's soooo cool!!! Yes, I think this year will definitely work out better for all of you and I'm also hoping September will be less crowded!!! I'm glad someone is posting on the boards. I actually have to work when there is nothing to read!!! :lmao:

PixieDustPrincess05
07-14-2010, 10:04 PM
You sound so excited and that's soooo cool!!! Yes, I think this year will definitely work out better for all of you and I'm also hoping September will be less crowded!!! I'm glad someone is posting on the boards. I actually have to work when there is nothing to read!!! :lmao:

We are going to all have the best trips right Ann!!!!!!! I know it is like no one is really postin as as much- I'm sure as our trip gets even closer that people will start posting.

PixieDustPrincess05
07-15-2010, 10:45 PM
Austin has one of those crazy October birthdays where he just misses the cut off date for kindergarten (September 30th here) because he doesn't turn 5 till the 10th. So..... that means that he cannot start kindergarten till next year. But........ our township started all day Pre-K within the past year or so but he was on the waiting list for that. Well..... they opened up a 2nd class because so many kids were on the waiting list and we got him right in!!!!! So he starts September 7th (I know, I am a wonderful mother taking him out to go to Disney 2 weeks later right? Oh well I don't care, its only pre-k right?). I am excited that I get to take him school shopping because I know he is hands down going to want to go to the Disney Store and pick out a little backpack and lunchbox!!!!!! Along with some cute clothes!!!!!! Gosh he is getting so big- I am happy and sad at the same time!!!!!!

PixieDustPrincess05
07-17-2010, 01:00 AM
I just got finished icing cupcakes for tomorrows Disney Movie night- Monsters Inc. I also bought the movie tonight while I was at Walmart because I'm sure Austin is going to love it. It's funny because every Disney movie he gets- he watches about 100 times until he gets tired of it, and then picks another one and watches that one 100 times, and so on!!!!! We should have a very exciting night- I'll let you all know how it goes.

Onward to Disney Planning.........

I was just sitting here thinking that we need to take full advantage of the Photopass this trip- I love the little backgrounds and everything they do. So that will be on our list of must do's for this year. I truly cannot wait. In just 4 days my ticker will start to say 1 month- how crazy is that!?!?!!?!?!??!!??!?

OhioDisneyLover
07-17-2010, 06:07 AM
I love Monsters, Inc. I think it is one of my favorites!

I too put Photopass on my to do list. It drives my family nuts sometimes because I "make" them stop all the time for pictures. :lmao::rolleyes1

Yay for a one month ticker soon!!

PixieDustPrincess05
07-19-2010, 08:32 PM
I love Monsters, Inc. I think it is one of my favorites!

I too put Photopass on my to do list. It drives my family nuts sometimes because I "make" them stop all the time for pictures. :lmao::rolleyes1

Yay for a one month ticker soon!!

Austin LOVED Monsters Inc.!!!!!!!!!!

I definitely want at least to get a few photopass shots- I don't know if I am willing to spring the 150 bucks for the cd. Maybe I'll buy a few shots though......:wizard:

PixieDustPrincess05
07-19-2010, 08:39 PM
We had our Monsters Inc. night Saturday night. I stayed up the night before and made these really cute cupcakes- I took a few pictures.

We spent half of the day swimming over at my dad's, then we came home and Austin ate like two of his cupcakes and watched Monsters Inc. before Bill got home. Then I made our Sully's Sloppy Joe's, "Monster"ella sticks, and then we headed off to a local carnival that comes to town every year. We put Austin on a few rides, got ice cream, and went home. Sunday I spent most of the day laying on my bed with a migraine :headache:- feeling much better now though.

I worked today and am getting ready to pack for our little Pocono getaway that we are leaving tomorrow night after work and staying till Thursday. My dad has a vacation house in the Poconos and we go up there once every summer, ride around, go to the Camelback Beach Resort Waterpark (it's the Camelback Ski Resort in the winter), go out to eat, and just have a good time. It should be a good time!!!!

Victoriasmom98
07-20-2010, 10:13 AM
Hey Janine.....by now you are on your little vacation in the Poconos. Good for you! I took a mental health day yesterday. I've been getting stressed as there's a lot of things other than the wedding that are going on with my family and it all got to me on Sunday. Then I was on my way to work yesterday when McDonalds gave me a Mocha instead of a hot chocolate and I burst into tears. Yeah, not a good way to start the day, so I figured I'd stay home and sleep, etc. I really needed it. I'm stronger today, but boy, that's been building up for a bit.

I can't wait to see your Monsters pictures! I bet the cupcakes were adorable! You'll have to share! Oh, and I'm sure you will take some pictures of your mini vacation and I'd love to see those, too!!! :goodvibes

Victoriasmom98
07-20-2010, 10:14 AM
Austin LOVED Monsters Inc.!!!!!!!!!!

I definitely want at least to get a few photopass shots- I don't know if I am willing to spring the 150 bucks for the cd. Maybe I'll buy a few shots though......:wizard:

If you preorder the cd, you can save $50!!!! :banana:

Victoriasmom98
07-20-2010, 03:01 PM
JANINE!!!! PAM had to cancel her trip!!!! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!:sad1:

PixieDustPrincess05
07-22-2010, 09:30 PM
JANINE!!!! PAM had to cancel her trip!!!! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!:sad1:

Are you freaking serious????????? I am heading over to her PTR right now!!!!!

Victoriasmom98
07-23-2010, 09:57 AM
There's no new info on her ptr.....she posted that on mine. I am soooooo bumming!!! She promised me water wings!!!!!:lmao:

3princesses+aprince
07-23-2010, 10:39 AM
Oh, god!!!!!! Stop making me feel so BAD!!!!! Hi Janine! I am bummed too ,but we did have to cancel for September. We have another vacation in august and with the wedding we just needed to reschedule. The wedding was lovely though and we are currently trying to pick a week for next year. I don't think we'll wait until september though, even though that free dining was awesome, we want to go back sooner. We are thinking either April, May or June. I just signed up with touring plans.com and was just looking through the crowd levels.

I'll post on my PTR sometime over the weekend. I'll put up some wedding pictures!

Victoriasmom98
07-23-2010, 10:53 AM
Message to Pam ---- you'll just have to mail the water wings to me!!! :lmao:

PixieDustPrincess05
07-24-2010, 05:22 PM
Okay so I am back from the Poconos. We actually came back Thursday evening. We had a good time. We got there Tuesday night around 9:30pm, ordered pizza and went to bed. We got up early Wednesday morning and went to Perkins (a restaurant that we always go to breakfast when we go there). We planned on heading to CamelBeach waterpark for the day on Camelback Mountain, but as we were walking out, it started pouring the rain :scared1:!!!!!!!!!!! So, we decided to leave that for the next day and head over to Bushkill Falls. It actually cleared up about an hour later and wound up being a perfectly beautiful day :confused3. We went hiking down the canyon in Bushkill Falls and saw all the waterfalls there. It was quite pretty. Then, we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner, then headed back to the house to relax for the rest of the night. The next morning, we headed over to this little restaurant called Ham and Eggs in the the Pan and they serve all of their food in these little frying pans- it was actually quite good. Then, we headed off to CamelBeach. We played in the wave pool, did a ton of slides, went over to the Kiddie park which adults can use too, and then took one of the ski lifts up to the top of the mountain for ice cream!!!! We headed home around 3pm, and got home around 6pm. That was my short but sweet Poconos trip!!!!

PixieDustPrincess05
07-24-2010, 05:28 PM
So I am still on vacation till Monday- so yesterday I decided to take Austin over to the Mall to pick out his back pack and lunch box- and where of course do I go? The Disney Store of course!!!!! He of course picked out the Toy Story 3 one with the matching lunchbox (very cute) and I got a pink Minnie antennae topper that says Disney Princess on it!!!!!! We also went to other stores and he wound up getting a lime green pencil box, a Toy Story folder, and a Toy Story juice bottle for his lunch box. He was soooo excited to pick this stuff out!!!!

Today we slept in a little, and wound up meeting a friend of mine and her son who is the same age as Austin at Chuck E. Cheese's. The boys had a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!

PixieDustPrincess05
07-24-2010, 06:05 PM
So onward with the Disney Planning!!!!!! I cannot believe how close this trip is getting. In just about two weeks our trip has to be paid in full-and then those lovely Disney Travel Documents will be arriving :cloud9: So I have a few more things to do before our trip:

1.) Pay it off!!!!! We currently owe 371.00- which I have most of, I am just holding off till it is actually due :lmao:.

2.) Add the Park Hopper option to our MYW base tix. This will probably be about an extra 160.00. I am not doing this until our trip is paid for, so I have a little extra time. I am just going to call up Disney before our trip and have them add it on and pay for the whole amount of the add on.

3.) Pay for our Checked Luggage. Since Spirit has a new policy where carryon bags are 20.00 each way pp, I am checking two big suitcases (15.00 each way) and we will just be carryon on a backpack or small duffle each(free). That should be more than enough. The good thing , although it is going to cost me 60.00 for the bags, I can pay for one way each week until it is paid off instead of shelling out the 60.00 for the bags all at once.

4.) Reserving our seats!!!!! Spirit has 4 different priced areas to sit in if you want to reserve them ahead of time. We sat right behind the Big Front seats last time- it was also much cheaper then. Their range is Big Front seats which are 50.00 each way pp, then the next section which is 16.00 each way pp, then 12.00 each way pp, then 8.00 way pp, or FREE if you wait till the day of at the airport to pick your seats. My whole thing is I am absolutely not paying 50.00 each way pp for the big front seats- no way, no how!!!! Even the 16.00 and 12.00 is way to pricey- thats 96.00 and 72.00 just to reserve the seats. And... if I pay to reserve the 8.00 seats, that would just be stupid because if I wait till the day of to pick my seats for FREE, I am probably going to be sitting in that section anyway- for FREE. So, again, Spirit has this great little section on their site that gives you a little diagram of your plane, and which seats are open. So this is what I am going to do. I am going to stalk the h*** out of that site up till the day of my trip, if I see that the seats are filling up (because it is important that the 3 of us sit together), I will try to reserve the very first section of the 8.00 seats. If the seats are not filling up, I will just go to the airport a little early that day and pick them. I mean, it is about a 2 hr 15 min flight, I don't care where we sit, I don't even care if it is close to the bathroom (hey the closer the better, I do have a 4 year old that is obsessed with using bathrooms everywhere we go!!!). As long as the 3 of us are sitting together, thats all I care about, and thats 96.00, 72.00, or 48.00 extra in my pocket for spending $$$$!!!!!

5. I have to pick us up a few extra outfits and odds and ends like ponchos and snacks and stuff like that.

So, what does everyone think??????

Victoriasmom98
07-25-2010, 03:31 PM
Hey Janine.....it sounds like your mini vacation was nice. It's always nervewracking to see whether it's going to rain or not. Ugh! I'm glad it all worked out. Your shopping trip sounds fun! Yeah, Victoria is beyond getting the character lunch box and back pack, unfortunately. We'll have to go pick up binders and notebooks soon. Wow! I can't even think of school shopping on top of trip planning and wedding planning. Ok, whose bright idea was this planning a wedding and a Disney trip altogether??? Ugh!!! You and I will have to exchage phone numbers when we are in Disney so we can plan to meet up in Epcot. Maybe just for a quick snack or something. As for how you are doing on your trip planning, I think you are doing so well. Wow! To have only $371 to be paid in full?? That's awesome! I just can't believe your airline makes you pay to self-assign your seats!! What the heck is up with that? That's just plain crazy!! I also think it's crazy to have to pay for carryons! Last time I check, Air Tran didn't do that, but as it gets closer, I will have to check again. I just picked up some extra ponchos at the dollar store. It was a 2 pack for $1

3princesses+aprince
07-25-2010, 05:10 PM
Yeah, wow, that's a lot of extra money to have to spend on picking your seat and carryon bags. It's so expensive to fly these days! Oh well!

And yay for the Disney back to school shopping, we saw a lot of nice backpacks when we were there last week. I loved the Minnie one.

That's great that your trip is almost paid off. It's such a nice feeling after that.

PixieDustPrincess05
07-26-2010, 12:21 AM
Hey Janine.....it sounds like your mini vacation was nice. It's always nervewracking to see whether it's going to rain or not. Ugh! I'm glad it all worked out. Your shopping trip sounds fun! Yeah, Victoria is beyond getting the character lunch box and back pack, unfortunately. We'll have to go pick up binders and notebooks soon. Wow! I can't even think of school shopping on top of trip planning and wedding planning. Ok, whose bright idea was this planning a wedding and a Disney trip altogether??? Ugh!!! You and I will have to exchage phone numbers when we are in Disney so we can plan to meet up in Epcot. Maybe just for a quick snack or something. As for how you are doing on your trip planning, I think you are doing so well. Wow! To have only $371 to be paid in full?? That's awesome! I just can't believe your airline makes you pay to self-assign your seats!! What the heck is up with that? That's just plain crazy!! I also think it's crazy to have to pay for carryons! Last time I check, Air Tran didn't do that, but as it gets closer, I will have to check again. I just picked up some extra ponchos at the dollar store. It was a 2 pack for $1

Hi Ann!

A Dismeet sounds dandy lol!!!!!!! Yeah, gotta love Spirit Airlines for nickel and diming you every which way. But I guess I really can't complain because I paid under 300 altogether for 3 r/t tix!!!!!!! I bought a 2 pack of ponchos from the dollar tree last time and they tore apart and we had to end up buying the 8.00 "Disney Parks" ones. I was also there in in a hurricane though :laughing:!!!!! The dollar tree has single packs of ponchos for $1.00 that look a little sturdier- I may pick those up for Bill and I, and I have yet to find a childs size for Austin. So much to do.....

PixieDustPrincess05
07-26-2010, 12:24 AM
Yeah, wow, that's a lot of extra money to have to spend on picking your seat and carryon bags. It's so expensive to fly these days! Oh well!

And yay for the Disney back to school shopping, we saw a lot of nice backpacks when we were there last week. I loved the Minnie one.

That's great that your trip is almost paid off. It's such a nice feeling after that.

OMG Pam- your are talking about the pink sparkly Minnie one right? I seen that one to and fell in love with it :lovestruc. If only they had adult sizes right? I would have to then meet up with you in May so we could wear our matching disney balloon shirts and prance around with the matching Minnie backpacks as well right!!!! :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

PixieDustPrincess05
07-26-2010, 12:36 AM
I know I should really be in bed right now, but I just don't feel like it. So, I decided to share some Disney info at the witching hour here :rotfl2:!!!!

As you may all know, we are on the FREE QSDP and are flying in Monday 9/20 at night. So, we may only use one meal or snack that night. That leaves me with a spare or two for our last day for lunch or dinner once our meals have ran out. I had made an ADR for Sci-Fi Dine In a month or so ago, and decided to cancel it. Why spend the extra $$$ when I don't have to right? I was a little hesitant at first, but quickly got over it. Thats about 50.00 I could use for something else!!!! Like that gorgeous Cinderella Castle snowglobe that I've been after for two years. That will stay with me alot longer than the turkey sandwich that I had planned on getting from Sci-Fi right :lmao:?????

I have officially starting putting things for Disney to the side in a neat pile. So far, it has a few shirts, flip flops, my new sneakers, and lanyards. Towards the end of August (about a month out from our trip) I am going to get our suitcases down from our attic to "air out". I will probably Febreeze the crap out of them on a daily basis- so they smell pretty rather than smelling like attic!!!!

I still have yet to make Austin a countdown calendar. I think that I am going to do it for 30 days out. I have already had my desk calendar at work all marked up with countdown dates since I booked the trip in January!!!!!

Still so much to do!!!!

PixieDustPrincess05
07-26-2010, 11:45 PM
I have a few exciting things (they are little, but are really really great!!!) that I would like to share.

First of all, a few pages back I was saying to everyone how I have a ton of Disney Movie Reward Points and was just ITCHING to spend them. So, I did :confused3!!!!!!!!!! I was torn between the princess duffle with the pillow or the Cinderella Pumpkin Coach picture frame. Well, don't you know they were out of the dang frames (for like EVER, believe me, I waited to see if they would replenish their stock), so I settled for the Princess Duffle bag/pillow. I am soooo happy I did. The bag is a bright purple and says "Disney Princess" on it in light purple, and it has a bright pink like roll neck pillow (which is sooo comfortable!!!). The bag is perfect for the plane because it will be able to fit underneath the seat and not considered a "carry-on".

Secondly, I went back to work today after 5 lovely vacation days, but found something AWESOME in my inbox. It was from the Disney Vacation Club, and it said if I call this number they will mail me a 25.00 gift card to use during my trip. So I called, thinking they were going to harass me into buying a timeshare and they didn't!!!! They confirmed all of my info, and told me to go to my inbox and click on the two links all I had to do was browse around, and if I had any questions to call back. I thought it was to good to be true, so when I was done browsing, I emailed the lady back asking how to I redeem my gift card and she said it is already in the mail!!!!!!! How awesome is that!!!!!!!!!!

3princesses+aprince
07-27-2010, 10:02 AM
The Princess bag sounds great! And that's awesome for the disney gift card. Those are little, but big things. I'd be super thrilled too.

OhioDisneyLover
07-27-2010, 12:49 PM
Nice score on the gift card! :thumbsup2

Would love to see a picture of the bag!

Victoriasmom98
07-28-2010, 01:20 PM
Hi Janine!! Excellent on both the bag and gift card! I love little surprises like that. Guess what I had to do today ---- pay to self assign my seats on my flights!! OMG!! I could not believe it!! $36 freaking dollars!! Whatever!! I suppose it's worth it to make sure we are all sitting together! Right now I'm waiting on my TA to call so that I can pay off my trip! Geez!! I want to give her money ---- call already!!! :lmao:

PixieDustPrincess05
07-28-2010, 06:25 PM
The Princess bag sounds great! And that's awesome for the disney gift card. Those are little, but big things. I'd be super thrilled too.

Sometimes the little things count the most right!!!!!

Nice score on the gift card! :thumbsup2

Would love to see a picture of the bag!

Thanks!!!!!! I really need to start putting pics on here- I've been slacking for months!!!!

Hi Janine!! Excellent on both the bag and gift card! I love little surprises like that. Guess what I had to do today ---- pay to self assign my seats on my flights!! OMG!! I could not believe it!! $36 freaking dollars!! Whatever!! I suppose it's worth it to make sure we are all sitting together! Right now I'm waiting on my TA to call so that I can pay off my trip! Geez!! I want to give her money ---- call already!!! :lmao:

Doesn't that stink Ann? I think it is ridiculous how the airlines nickel and dime you these days. With Spirit Airlines you don't even get a bag of chips or a soda for free anymore. Nope. And worse than that- anything you do buy is credit card only- they do not take cash!!!!!!!

Just think, the faster you pay off your trip- the closer your trip gets here!!!!

PixieDustPrincess05
08-05-2010, 10:53 PM
:wizard:Well guys- I did it. My trip was due to be paid off tomorrow 8/6 and I had all the money to pay it off. And what did I due?

I cancelled it :scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:!!!!!!

Yes, you heard right- cancelled it. As long as you do it 45 days prior, all of your $$$$ is refundable. So, I have been a little iffy because there are some things that need fixing around here, I'm in a wedding 2 weeks later, and it would just be all around better for us. So Karen and Pam- I feel your pain girlies- but I am totally ok with it. I know it is a shame to hear- but it was better off for everyone. I will still be around to follow everyone elses trip reports :wizard:.

Victoriasmom98
08-06-2010, 12:22 PM
ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME???? JANINE!!!! OMG!!!!! I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY!!!! :confused3 Now I know it's not all about me, but first it was Karen leaving me, then Pam and now you?? Was it something I said? I promise I do not have body odor....really!!! So, do you have any idea on when you will be going??? OMG!!! :scared1:

OhioDisneyLover
08-06-2010, 12:38 PM
:wizard:Well guys- I did it. My trip was due to be paid off tomorrow 8/6 and I had all the money to pay it off. And what did I due?

I cancelled it :scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:!!!!!!

Yes, you heard right- cancelled it. As long as you do it 45 days prior, all of your $$$$ is refundable. So, I have been a little iffy because there are some things that need fixing around here, I'm in a wedding 2 weeks later, and it would just be all around better for us. So Karen and Pam- I feel your pain girlies- but I am totally ok with it. I know it is a shame to hear- but it was better off for everyone. I will still be around to follow everyone elses trip reports :wizard:.

:sad1: I'm glad to hear though that you are okay with it and that you will still be around.

Charlefours
08-08-2010, 01:18 PM
I'm sorry to hear that you canceled your trip. Did you get a refund on your plane tickets too?