PDA

View Full Version : IFE on LGW/MAN flights

Cochise
10-02-2009, 08:32 PM
Of those who are arriving in the next few days is there any chance that when you post the arrival thread can you give an insight as to what is on the SeatBacks for the Manchester/Gatwick config aircraft. Trying to help my mum choose in advance:thumbsup2

Obi Wan Kenobi
10-03-2009, 05:49 AM
why exactly is it "Crummy"?
On the seatbacks will be cloth, in red or blue, with an individual 9" TV screen, showing a selection of films and tv shows.

Rascal1003
10-03-2009, 05:53 AM
On the seatbacks will be cloth, in red or blue, with an individual 9" TV screen, showing a selection of films and tv shows.

:rotfl2:

Cochise
10-04-2009, 09:44 AM
Obi,

Crummy as in Super Nova/Odyssey compared to the V Port craft.

orangetiggs
10-04-2009, 09:49 AM
you will be lucky to get v port on that route

we had oddessy last month there and back but i believe the plane we flew out has not gone to the big plane graveyard in the sky

Cochise
10-04-2009, 10:12 AM
Yeah OT that is where the crummy ref was aimed at the IFE system available. Do they tend to carry the same movies as other systems for the month but obviouisly not the freedom to pause etc and a few less channels?

DCLMan
10-04-2009, 10:39 AM

If you are lucky! Or you might get a broken one or one that has terrible picture quality.

Obi Wan Kenobi
10-04-2009, 12:40 PM
If you are lucky! Or you might get a broken one or one that has terrible picture quality.

Or, as the majority do, you get a good screen.
You copuld always fly one of the airlines that still only has the centre aisle screens and a choice of, well, no choice, just what they show of course.

Certainly, Nova and Odyssey are not as hi tech as V-Port or the BA system, but many times those flights have problems also with the IFE, plus the media boxes take up room underneath certain seats.

Your parents Cochise, will have a choice of up to eight flims and Tv channels to watch, yes they are on taped loops, but think of the fun swapping channels!

I am sorry, its hardly "crummy" however, much better than many other airlines flying to the USA.
However, if people want to pay much more to get a new IFE system fitted into aircaft that will be leaving the fleet over the next few years, then by all means, tell Virgin you are happy to do this.

Cochise
10-04-2009, 01:11 PM
I have amended the thread title so maybe i can get some details on what is actually showing on the MAN/MCO flight rather than a picky thread as to what flight i should book if i dont like something (Not a swipe Obi-just trying to direct the thread better). I have never flown Virgin so maybe i am in no position to offer an opinion on the onboard experience.
Hopefully someone who has flown in October will pick it up and help out.

I am doing my fear of flying videos to calm me down, not a great day for diplomacy for me. (In addition to Liverpool getting beat too :( )