PDA

View Full Version : Home Depot Mickey Head Question

floridascgirl
10-02-2009, 07:08 PM
Awhile back someone posted an easy way to separate the Mickey Head Paint Samples from the backing...maybe involving a damp sponge??? Does anyone recall this hint? Any advice on the best way to separate them w/out having to hand cut them all?

Thanks a bunch. :wizard:

ddavis860
10-04-2009, 04:56 PM
I just rip the backing away from the edges. Some backing stays in the middles. Then I use my zyron on 1 head, and stick it to another head. You don't see the backing that is left over. Then I punch a small hole in the center between the ears, and use thin black ribbon to make tags.

To make magnets, I use the freebies magnets that come in the mail for adverts, or places have them on the counters with calendars and such. Xyron like the others, and these I trim to the shape of the Mickey head. They work great for door magnets on the Mickey Cruises and stuff...

Disney*Dreaming
10-15-2009, 06:13 AM
Another way to remove the heads, is to place the paint samples into a bowl of water and soak them for a bit, then they will separate on their own. Then you will need to take them out of the water and place them under something heavy until they dry so they don't curl up.

I read about this here on the Dis, and have tried it and it works great.