PDA

View Full Version : Best phone cards?

madmumof2
10-02-2009, 09:39 AM
I want a phone card so I can ring home from my hotel room at POP. First of all, is there any sort of charge for using your room phone?

Secondly, which cards/online codes are best?

I've found this but it's confusing. http://buy.phones-cards.com/p/info.php/Lucky_Minutes

I'm not entirely sure what the charges are here?

I won't have a car and I don't want to buy the rip off cards onsite, so I'd prefer an online pin one like the one above, unless there are cards that are reasonable I can get to without a car.

Anyone used a good one worth getting?

orangetiggs
10-02-2009, 09:46 AM
i got one from walmart, it was an at&t one it was $10 and lasted the whole 2 weeks, dh was calling home for about 20 mins a time. it tells you how long you have left when you dial the number and its so easy to do from the room phones

madmumof2
10-02-2009, 09:49 AM
Can I get that delivered to POP for when I arrive? I wont be going Walmart when I'm out there since I've cancelled my car.

orangetiggs
10-02-2009, 09:51 AM
i'm not sure to be honest as we always hire a care, if you wanted to go to walmart there is one not far from disney so you could try a taxi

madmumof2
10-02-2009, 09:52 AM
Just looked on their site, the only one I can see is only 150 minutes? Is that the one you mean?

orangetiggs
10-02-2009, 09:55 AM
ours were $10 ones but they have so many in the store so not sure if they sell them all online sorry

orangetiggs
10-02-2009, 09:57 AM
it may well be that one but ours say $10 on them instead of mins and they are green. sorry I couldnt have been more help

madmumof2
10-02-2009, 10:05 AM
No you have! I just don't think they sell those ones online. :( Bummer.

Anyone know if this site is any good?

http://speedypin.com/prepaid/phone-card/ACC10-DL

minimandymouse
10-03-2009, 10:56 AM
We always use Zaptel.com the minute by minute one on their site
really easy to use my daughter calls her boyfriend everyday
I think you get something like 600 minutes for $10 and we always use the hotel phone (the one beside the bed) at Pop The hotel have never charged anything
If you need any other info PM me
But i think this one is great we never use a car in US so we buy before we go
and its easy to add more money on to i think its something like 3c or 6c per minute
Mandy
xxx