PDA

View Full Version : We are home again, darn it!!

wifey
10-01-2009, 04:37 PM
Just wanted to let you know I'll be doing a TR over on the US thread (and posting a link here if anyone's) interested at the weekend.
Today was my first day back at work unfortunately.

We've all been a bit jet lagged because none of us could sleep on the plane on the way home :headache::headache::headache: :confused3 Why can't some people just get a grip of the fact that it's a night flight and yabber on all the way back incessantly:confused3 Seriously it's annoying and letting the kids get hyper on cola and sugary sweets and junk food before they board and feeding them more rubbish on the plane is just going to cause them to get restless and then allowing them playing games and shouting at 2:00 a.m. isn't a good idea, for the love of Pete feed them a decent meal and keep them calm on the plane. It would have been better if certain passengers had not got drunk and slept leaving their younger family members to their own devices.
It was bad enough that the "dinner" was awful I mean how can you have dry overcooked chicken in a plastic container with pasta in " sauce " which had separated and was watery (how is that even possible) without adding to the unpleasantness by failing to say the passengers that the cabin would be more comfortable if people switched off the overhead lights and tried to get a nap or reduced the noise levels to allow folks to rest :confused3 What was with the cabin crew not offering a breakfast to the passengers just a cup of tea or coffee just doesn't cut it . We have always had a breakfast before on a night flight:confused3 It may not have been huge in the past but this time it was only a pathetic snack and it wasn't offered to all passengers either. I'm contemplating looking elsewhere for flights in future.

Anyway once I'm caught up with the stuff at home (like sleep and laundry) and added photos from a selection Niel took while we were there you can catch up with our journey. Oh watch out for the final day shenanigans....

jen_uk
10-01-2009, 05:52 PM
Welcome back :wave: Sorry to hear you didn't have a good flight, looking forward to hearing more about your trip :thumbsup2

suzycute
10-01-2009, 06:24 PM
Welcome back! It was great to meet you last week! Sorry you had people jabbering on the plane - we had the same thing! I kept taking off my eye mask and glaring at them - and they got the message!!

Will be really looking forward to reading your trip report - please post a link here! Hope to be doing one myself but probably not this weekend as we're out for most of it. :eek:

Twilight Terror
10-01-2009, 07:12 PM
Welcome home!

Cath and I were unable to sleep on the way home too! Mum slept like a log; we watched films back-to-back and then listened to Hannah Montana on the audio channel until it was time to reset the films. We were the only ones awake the entire flights, everyone else was thankfully asleep! And while we were dancing to HM, we were doing so in our seats, and quiet as mice the whole time ;)

I've been back to work for several days now (didn't do Monday as was at doctors with my weird, what I thought was, holiday rash!) and it sucks! Oh well, time to start planning and thinking about next year!!!

natalielongstaff
10-02-2009, 02:40 AM
Welcome home :)

Mrs Doubtfire
10-02-2009, 06:01 AM
The flight home is always :scared1: - just because you don't want to come home!

Netty
10-02-2009, 06:01 AM
welcome home!:goodvibes

wayneg
10-02-2009, 06:12 AM
Welcome home, In May we got someone sat 2 rows behind us, loudest voice ever, never stopped talking. I was ready to strangle her halfway thru the flight.:goodvibes

Head_in_the_clouds
10-02-2009, 07:12 AM
Wifey, if you don't mind me asking who did you fly with?