PDA

View Full Version : October 2010: Wizards, Pirates and Pixie Dust: *10/7/10: ready to go

dzalice
10-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Iím kind of new at this, not that I havenít been lurking on these boards for the last couple of years. It looks like everyone is having a lot of fun with their pre-trip, and trip reports so I thought I would give it a try.

Itís no surprise where we are going, itís just that this time we will also be taking a little side trip to Universal to seeÖ. ta dah! Harry Potterland.. Yes, I know the official title is the Wizarding Worlds of Harry Potter but we have a tendency to nickname everything, a trait inherited from my father. The when is October 2010, the cast: me (Diane), and my intrepid sister, Zig (yes, she does have a real first name, but she is always Zig to me). See what I mean about the nicknames. A bit of background: Weíre fairly close in age, only 13 months apart, most people can tell immediately that we are sisters, and in fact, for most of our childhood, people just assumed we were twins. We have been traveling together since we first started road trips with the parents. We will be writing this PTR together so when you see blue it will be me writing and when you see purple it will be Zig.

Anyway, first trip was 1992, we were actually in Orlando for Worldcon (MagiCon) but of course we had to go to WDW while we were there. I donít remember much, but I know I had a good time. Then there was a trip to California for Worldcon (LACon) in 2006, and we went to Disneyland/California Adventure. This I remember, had a really good time and I think the Disney bug bit us then, because next thing you know we were heading to WDW in Sep 2008, stayed at WL, used the dining plan, and attended MNSSHP. OMG, the fun! the food! the FUN!. Of course we were planning to go back again the next year, another fall trip, probably Sep or October 2009. But thenÖÖ Zig gets an email about a special offer, stay 4 nights, get 3 free. How could we pass it up? Only problem is, itís only for the spring. So we sat down, crunched some numbers and decided, letís do it! So there we were back at WDW within 6 months (March 2009). So after not going at all until we were adults, then letting 15 years go by before we go back, we are on a schedule to go almost every year now. Next trip October 2010, how can I possibly wait?!

Besides the two Disneyland trips with Di, I was also there in 2007, two friends and I for the Rose Parade. We stayed in Anaheim and spent a couple 2 evenings and 1 full day enjoying the parks. The parks were crowded and lines were long. The biggest disappointment was staying till midnight on New Years Eve only to have the fireworks cancelled due to the wind. I donít think I will be doing that again.

We grew up with Disney, the Mickey Mouse Club, the Wonderful World of Color, all those fantastic animated and live action films. But we never had the chance to experience a Disney park as a child. Disneyland was too far and WDW did not exist until I reached high school. Sometimes I regret missing out on innocence of a childís first magical visit. Like Peter, however, I have never grown up. I just see the magic a little differently.

The two of us talk almost incessantly about Disney, things we have done, what we want to do, when to go, where to stay, where to eat and on and on. I hope you will join in our conversations. And along the way, to get to know us better, we will share some of our Disney favorites

Favorite Park:
Zig Magic Kingdom
Diane Epcot

dzalice
10-02-2009, 11:16 AM
(:confused3Sorry, I havent quite figured out how to link things together here, I'm sure I'll get the hang of it someday.)

So, we are planning our October 2010 trip to encompass Harry Potter over at Universal, a stay in the Pirate rooms at CBR pirate:and another visit to the MNSSHP. We actually were going to stay at the CBR this past March, but due to logistic problems/delays with the Pirate Rooms, we were unexpectedly upgraded to the Beach Club about a week before we were scheduled to leave. Actually it was 3 days. That was both a blessing :cloud9:and a curse:scared1:, blessing because we probably wouldnít have chosen to stay there on our own, and a curse, because we had to redo all our plans. But I really liked the proximity to Epcot:cool1:, we were at the very end of the building, all we had to do was take the stairs down one floor, walk out the door thru the little wrought iron gate and turn left, over the bridge and we were at the International Gate. Really convenient. No view to speak of, we were on the second floor facing Epcot, but there was nothing but vegetation out our window though we could hear The British Invasion quite well most nights.

I was a bit disappointed about the change. Donít get me wrong, the Beach Club is a beautiful resort. We had a very nice room with a queen bed and a sleeper sofa though, as Di said, the view left something to be desired. Also we were about as far as you could possibly be from the lobby which made for a long trek to refill those mugs. And I had worked so hard on the pirate theme, finding pirate Mickey to ride in the car with us, decorating a pirate notebook with all our vital info, even making pirate/tropical themed envelopes for mousekeeping. Not to mention replanning my wardrobe and repacking my suitcase. I have enough POC/pirate theme clothing to last me through a 2 week trip to the World but somehow it didnít quite seem to fit with the Beach Club atmosphere.

So this time we hope the pirate room comes through. Zig is all pirate all the time, so this was her choice. Iím not complaining though, Iíve seen the pics, it looks pretty cool. This is our second time at a moderate, we were at CSR years ago. Iím not liking the size of the resort, but the food court looks pretty tasty, and the resort itself looks quite pretty. We are not pool people, but we have been trying to find time to try out the spas, so far no luck, but hey, third timeís the charm.

I really, really, really hope things turn out the way we would like them to this time. We are looking at dates of 10/10/10 to 10/18/10. If all goes well, fingers crossed, and I get that bonus after the 1st of the year, I will spring for a water view:yay:. Otherwise it will have to be a standard room, for us that usually means a view of the parking lot.

Favorite resort (so far):
Zig Wilderness Lodge
Diane Wilderness Lodge

dzalice
10-05-2009, 11:24 AM
What will our plans be this time? Well, we have already added a couple of days on for Universal Studio and Harry Potter. We did go to Universal way back in 1992, although I can only remember doing the Beetlejuice Review and Earthquake (which is now Disaster, right?) So the islands will be totally new to me. We have been looking at the Studios on line, and I have to say, there’s not a lot there to attract. See, Zig and I are not thrill riders, and that seems to be Universal’s main priority. So, our main interest will be Harry Potter and then next, for me, Marvel Superhero Island. (I have been a major comic book fan for 45 years and yes, I am extraordinarily pleased that Disney and Marvel will be one. Too bad they can’t add DC to the fold too). I think I would also like to see Jaws, Disaster, Poseidon’s Fury and maybe the Seuss Sky Trolley. I would have liked to have seen the Sinbad show, but I understand it will be gone by the time we get there. Otherwise, it looks like it’s a lot of walking around and shopping for me. So why are we spending two days there, you ask? Harry Potter of course, we expect to spend a great deal of time there, even if we don’t want to ride the Fantastical Journey, is that what it’s called?

In fact, Harry Potter is the reason for this trip. Our original plans were for another spring trip to WDW and, in the fall, attend the World Equestrian Games in Lexington , KY. But the magic of the Harry Potter universe is calling me and I really want immerse myself in that world as soon as possible. So, you say, the Wizarding World of Harry Potter opens in Spring 2010, why not still make that spring trip? My hope it that most people will rush down there for the opening and by fall the crowds will have thinned a bit. I have extremely high expectations for this World. We visited Harry Potter, the Exhibition at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago (on my birthday, no less, where I was lucky enough to be sorted into Griffindor House). The detail that went into the costumes and props for the films was phenomenal, even for the smallest items that might never be noticed on the screen. If even 1/10th of that detail is put into the World of HP at Universal by the artists and engineers creating it, the experience is going to be simply amazing.

Favorite Harry Potter movie:

Zig: The Order of the Phoenix
Diane: The Chamber of Secrets

dzalice
10-06-2009, 09:07 AM
This trip is going to require a bit more planning than the last one. It has been quite awhile since we last were at Universal Studios. The Islands of Adventure didnít even exist then. So far I havenít had much luck in the research department. Iíve checked a couple of websites but havenít found anything as informative and the Disney sites. Any suggestions on where to go for detailed information? :confused:

Once we decide when we are going and where we are going to stay, our next plans always seem to center around where we are going to eat. I remember very clearly that we ate at Melís Diner the last time we were at US. I love diners so there was no way we could pass that up. But where to eat this time? The Three Broomsticks, of course, probably on our first day there. I have heard that Mythos is supposed to be one of the best theme parks restaurants around.::yes:: Any comments on the food or photos of the restaurant? I have also been looking for menus for the US restaurants to no avail.

Iíve checked a few Universal sites myself, and their information is not nearly as complete as any for Disney.:sad1: I guess Iím spoiled, because I was expecting detailed ride descriptions, photos, menus, and more. So I guess this part of the trip will be more of a surprise. Like I mentioned last time, there are not many attractions that interest us, so we will be spending our time looking at the parks and just taking it easy there I guess. I would like to eat at Melís again, since I have no memory of eating there at all. And it looks like Mythos has a really interesting dťcor, so I would like to see that. Or maybe the Captain America Diner, I wonder if they have an all superhero dťcor:charac4:.

dzalice
10-07-2009, 08:58 AM
Two days for Universal. Is that too much time or not enough time? :confused3 As Di said, we are not thrill riders, a fact that sometimes irks me because I feel we miss out on a lot of cool stuff. But motion sickness is not fun. :sick: I can take the shaking and rattling but the swooping and plummeting will get me every time. Soariní is about as thrilling as I get.:woohoo: I can deal with the swooping sensation there because I am not actually moving and the feeling can easily be controlled by closing my eyes. I have to ride alone though, because Di won't even attempt it.

(Oh no, I certainly will not. I once had labyrinthitis and thatís enough whirling and spinning for a lifetime, thank you very much. So no swooping, no plummeting for me. Actually we rode Indiana Jones at Disneyland . It was very rough, and the only reason for me to ever ride it again is because it is Indiana Jones. :lovestruc(I like him). So although I know Dinosaur is supposed to have the same basic ride dynamics as Indy I will not be riding that. Heck I wont even ride the Tea Cups and I love Alice .)

Since Universal seems to focus more on thrill rides than anything else it doesnít look like we will ride much while we are there. Looks like we will even have to give up Men In Black because of the spinning at the end. (No teacups for me.) We are going in mid October so we may be affected by their Horror Nights. :scared1: Do they have that every night? Need to check on that. Right now it looks like we will be there on Monday and Tuesday.

But one thing about skipping the thrill rides, it means less time standing in line. I intend to immerse myself in Potterland:wizard: as soon as we arrive. I imagine that will take up most of our first day. But will we have enough to fill a whole second day? Right now the plans are for 2 days at Universal and 6 at WDW. We are considering a 7 day hopper for an extra day in case we finish up early at US one day and want to hit a WDW park in the evening. Should we go for 8? The ticket price isnít that much different and we have no idea what time we will be arriving on Sunday.

All Potter, all the time, thatís my theme for Universal. I am definitely excited about the progress so far, and really cant wait til itís done and I can get all the details about whatís what, whoís who and whereís where. I do believe we will be heading to IOA first when we arrive at Universal, and save the Studios for last. I am wondering about the size of Universal (either side) as compared to Disney: MK-like? AK-like? Not like at all? :confused3: It would help if I had an approximation of the amount of walking around I am going to be doing, I think.

Favorite Hogwarts Professor
Zig: Professor Lupin
Diane: Professor MacGonagall

mommyof3princess27
10-07-2009, 09:24 AM
I am jumping in on your thread lol I am going to disney for the first time next OCTOBER and am sooo excited:) It will be me, my Dh and my 3 girls:) I cant wait!!!!

dzalice
10-07-2009, 09:39 AM
Welcome aboard.:yay: Hope you enjoy reading about our plans. You will definitely have a great time at Disney yourself next year. And congratulations on your anniversary.:flower3:

pixiepirate
10-07-2009, 01:13 PM
A Big :welcome:from me as well. I know you are excited about your first trip because I'm excited about my 5th. Hope you enjoy the read. Looking forward to you comments.

Zig

dzalice
10-08-2009, 09:20 AM
When we first started discussing a WDW trip with a side excursion to US for Harry World, we talked about staying 2 nights at a Universal resort then moving to WDW for the rest of the trip.

Holy Whomping Willow, Batman!:(Yes, we know he is not a Marvel character, but Holy Whomping Willow, Spiderman/Captain America/Hulk, does not have the same ring) How does anyone afford to stay there? And here I always thought I would never be able to afford a deluxe resort at WDW (before I got a better job) (actually I never thought I would be able to afford one at all) but these rates were unbelievable.:eek: We would definitely need a stupendous special offer to be able to stay there.

The original idea had been to enjoy the whole Universal experience but at these prices it was time to consider alternative arrangements. I looked into other hotels in the areas. There were a few chains within a couple of miles with decent rates and some discounts for the Studios, a few even had shuttle service to the parks. Then I got to thinking,:idea: why spend time unpacking for two nights, then repacking to move to our WDW resort when we could just stay at WDW for the whole time. Plus I didn’t care for the idea of leaving the packed car parked in the US parking lot for the day.

I discussed this idea with Di and we crunched a few numbers. It would be cheaper to stay the two nights at a chain in the US area but time was also a factor. The time we would spend unpacking, packing, checking out, checking in and unpacking again could be time we would have to enjoy our resort, grab a meal or head to a park. So we decided to spend our whole stay at WDW. ::yes:: It’s going to be a test of will power. Will I be able to spend 3 days at a WDW resort without hitting a park??? Or will I be charging the gates, desperate for that first ride, (traditionally POC)???:hyper: (Steady now, steady).

We were pretty much set on CBR since our plans for the pirate room pirate:on our last trip were switched at the last minute. Then I found the Room Photos thread on the Resorts Board. Big mistake. POFQ, Poly, AKL, Pop! (What about GF and POR, and another stay at CSR and WL?) So many rooms, so little time.:woohoo: Can I go once a month so I can stay at a different resort each time? Please, please, please??? OK. Take a deep breath. Think calming thoughts. That’s it. We’re staying at CBR for 9 nights.:goodvibes (This is why I let Zig do all the logistical planning. She is a superior number cruncher).[/

Favorite Marvel (Disney) Character
Zig: Wolverine
Di: It's hard to choose, there are so many, but I will go with Gambit at this time.

dzalice
10-09-2009, 11:50 AM
It occurs to me that our ďgentle readersĒ might like a bit more info on me and Zig.:goodvibes So far, you know that we are sisters, close in age and we travel together. Well, we are both happily single, with no children. So our trips to Disney are for our own enjoyment, and since we pretty much like the same sort of things, thereís not much disagreement about what we are going to do, or where we are going to stay. I work in medical billing, Zig has a mysterious job with a financial company, :cool: (if only). We are far from independently wealthy, but we can afford to indulge ourselves on vacation trips. Weíre only on our fifth trip to Disney (in 2010) but so far weíve also been to Canada, England, Scotland, Ireland and Korea (Zig), Germany (me) and have traveled a lot in the States. We used to make a yearly (almost) trip to World Con (the World Science Fiction Convention) wherever it was held that year, but we havenít been in a while. (I guess that attraction has finally waned).:confused3 The last trip was LACon in 2006 where we also spent a great deal of time at Disneyland . The convention was held in the same convention center as the recent D23 Expo.::MickeyMo However, we now have Disney and I think itís going to be a while before the bright shiny newness of that wears off, especially with all those different resorts to stay at. :cloud9:

So now you know we both like SF&F. Besides being a lover of Star Wars, Star Trek and Stargate, I am also a huge fan of Doctor Who and Torchwood. (Me too! Me too!):banana: And, of course, Harry Potter, both the books and the films. We love movies popcorn::and have a small group of friends that go almost every Tuesday night and have been doing so for almost 10 years. I like to read too, but lately donít seem to have as much time for that as I would like. :sad1:

And, as you may have guessed, we like to travel. (Well Zig likes to travel, a lot. Me, I like vacations at home, too) I know people who believe that once they have visited a place they need never return. I donít know where they would place WDW in that point of view but Iím sure they would think us nuts to be making a third trip in three years. :woohoo:

In truth, while I have never had a problem returning to a place I have enjoyed visiting, I never thought I would be the kind of person that would return to Disney World year after year. But everything about our 2008 trip was so perfect we hadnít been back 3 weeks before Di broached the subject of going back. (Yes, itís all my fault):guilty: Since I was thinking the same thing, there was no hesitation in saying yes. ;) We made plans for Fall 2009, but thanks to Cinderellaís Wishing Well, my wish :wizard:to return to WDW very soon came true and we were back in March 2009. This trip was almost as perfect as the previous one. When you have such wonderful experiences how can you resist going back?

And we have had great experiences at WDW, and at Disneyland too. So itís not a big leap for us to decide to return more often. We actually are already thinking about going back in 2012 too, after the Great MK Update. :cheer2:

Favorite Fantasy Novel
Zig: The Chronicles of Amber Series by Roger Zelazny
Di: Return to Oz by L Frank Baum

pixiepirate
10-12-2009, 08:51 AM
YIPPEE! YAHOO!!!

Less than 1 year to our next trip!!!

dzalice
10-12-2009, 09:25 AM
While we love, love, love:lovestruc to plan I, for one, never feel secure until my room is booked. So how long do you wait to book your trip? We are hoping for some sort of discount, either on rooms or free dining. How long should we wait to see if there is an offer for our scheduled dates?:confused3 If we book our trip and then a discount offer comes along, can we just ask to have that discount applied to the package we have already booked or do we need to scrap that package and start all over again to get the discount?

When we went back in March, it was because Zig got a pin code in an email from Disney, so we already were set for the 4 for 3 promotion then. But when we went in Sep 2008, we used a travel agent (donít get me started on her) and we didnít seem to get any discounts. I even think free dining was going on for part of our trip. I hope my fellow Dis-sers can assist us with these questions.:thanks:

dzalice
10-13-2009, 09:11 AM
Letís talk ADRs. I like my table service meals but Di found, after our Sep 08 trip, that too many table service meals encroach on our time for other activities. In March we did the quick service plan, which worked out very well, for us.:goodvibes We did do 4 table service meals, including the Princess Breakfastprincess: in Norway, which we used the $200 gift card and our Visa Rewards to pay for. This time the plan is much the same. Unless we get free dining, Diane and I plan to go with the quick service dining plan again and use our Visa Rewards to pay for our table service meals.

I like table service meals too, just not in the middle of my day. I am always looking out the window, wanting to get back to the action. So itís quick service for me. Besides, there are so many quick service options to choose from. We especially like Cosmic Rayís at MK, Yak and Yeti (counter) at AK, Backlot Express at DHS, and Sunshine Seasons at Epcot.:sunny:

We know we will be doing breakfast at Whispering Canyon Cafť on our last morning (Tuesday) at WDW. It has become a tradition to have our last breakfast there before we head for home. We will also be doing Prime Time Cafť again. We first tried it in Sep 08 and absolutely fell in love with the place, :cheer2:so much so that we couldnít wait to go back in March. I think this is going to be another ďmust doĒ for us. (Yep, we need to go visit the aunts and cousins again.) Maybe we will try dinner this time.

We want to do another character meal. As much as we love the Princess Breakfast in Norway, we thought we might try something different this time. Di suggested Chef Mickeyís. ::MickeyMoWe havenít had a meal with the Big Guy since breakfast with Farmer Mickey at the Garden Grill way back in 1999. Good idea! Iím looking forward to this one. I hear itís loads of fun.

Somehow, we donít seem to have a lot of interaction with Mickey while we are at the parks. So having breakfast with him over at Chef Mickeyís seems like a good idea. And we have not eaten over at the Contemporary yet, so we will be able to scope out the place and see how we like it.:dance3:

Favorite Character Meal

Zig: Princess Breakfast at Akershus Norway Epcot
Di: (ditto)

dzalice
10-16-2009, 10:00 AM
So we know where we want to eat but not when. Now we need to take a look at what parks on what days. This is going to require some thought. :scratchin

There really wasnít much difference in our plans for the Sep 08 and Mar 09 trips. We switched AK from Monday, early EMH day, to Sunday because in Sep the park was unbearably crowded on Monday and every other person seemed to be pushing a stroller. (Not trying to be critical, it just seemed like there were a lot of strollers at AK, not so much at the other parks. Maybe it has to do with the way the paths are laid out.) :confused3In March we found Sunday to be a much less crowded and more pleasant day. We also wanted to spend more time in Epcot in March. We did not schedule enough time to see everything when we were there in Sep and this trip the Flower and Garden Show would be on as well. (Actually that (the Flower and Garden show) was a deciding factor in going again in March (besides the 4 for 3 deal). I am an avid gardener (OK, I am a gardener, avid depends on what time of year it is) and I wanted to see how Disney would improve on their already splendid gardens.:butterfly

On both those trips we arrived on Saturday and departed the following Saturday. This time we will be arriving on Sunday. Since this will be the first time we are doing a 2 day drive, :drive:we are not sure what time we will reach the resort. Oh, in case, you are wondering, we are coming down from just south of Chicago , around the junction of I294 and I80-94. When we drove down in March, we made our first night in Kentucky, and our second in Lake City , Florida . So we arrived at our resort, Beach Club, at 11:15am, way early. This time, I figure we wonít be arriving at CBR until later in the afternoon. Iím a little unsure what to plan for that evening. We may be too tired to do anything but crash that day. :faint:

Monday and Tuesday will be full days at Universal. Our actual Disney Park Days won't start until Wednesday. :woohoo: We will most likely do MK on Thursday to take advantage of early EMH. Weíll schedule HS for Saturday for their early EMH. :wizard: We have never been able to take advantage of that on our other trips. It will be interesting to see what the crowds are like.

We actually like EMH. I know a lot of people say you should avoid the parks with EMH, but we never really find it to be exceptionally crowded on those days, or maybe we just donít know any better, since we have always gone to early EMH :goodvibes

We could do AK on Sunday again, just at the end of the trip instead of the beginning. Friday is a possibility too. What are the crowds like then? Anyone know? :listen:

There are too many unknown factors to make more definite plans right now. We want to do MNSSHP so will need an evening available for that. We really liked MNSSHP. We dressed up, I was a colonial serving maid and Zig was a pirate. We plan on dressing up again next time. I have concerns about F&W crowds at Epcot and wonder if we should try to avoid the evenings there on the weekend. We have been seeing a lot of negativity about the weekend on the boards the last couple weeks. :drinking1So this hasnít been much help in planning ADRs. We know it will be the last Tuesday morning for Whispering Canyon Cafť. It looks like it might be Saturday for Prime Time unless we schedule an evening at HS and try to do dinner. :confused: That still leaves Chef Mickey and the Rose and Crown. Stay tuned for more details as they arrive.

Favorite table service restaurant:
Zig Prime Time Cafť
Diane Prime Time Cafe

pixiepirate
10-19-2009, 01:34 PM
Went to a rubber stamp show in Fort Wayne on Saturday. Unfortunately nothing gave me any inspiration for my next round of mousekeeping envelopes.:sad1: I was tempted to buy the moneyholder template but I'm pretty happy with the template I created:thumbsup2 Wish I had photos of the last two batches of envelopes I made. They came out pretty nice. But I'm usually finishing things at the last minute so that didnt happen. Of course, getting 2 feet of water :scared1: in our basement a week before we left on our first trip did not help. Maybe this time I wont procratinate. :rotfl:
Zig

disneycat_f2008
10-19-2009, 05:00 PM
Hello its been great reading through this all :)

You guys will be out there when me & my hubby are planning on going next year, I just had my 2 & half weeks confirmed back today just gotta wait for my hubby to gets his confirmed now (he has to wait for me as I work in a call centre) but we are planning on flying out on the 3rd Oct to 19th Oct :goodvibes

Regarding the Universal Studio's & Island of Adventure, the advice I cna give you for that is, everyone will head towards Universal Studio's first in the morning so head staright towards Island of Adventure, me & my hubby done that last year on our honeymoon & managed to do both parks in one day as we done Island of Adventure in 2 hours as it had no q's at all.

We are like you & going in Oct to go to the Harry Potter Land (well actually I am dragging my hubby along to that lol) i am really looking forward to seeing what they are going to do with that but i'm not sure that you will need a whole day from what I have seen probably half a day would do & if you don;t like big rides you may still get the rest of the parks done in the same day as well or may just need a morning to pop back & mop the rest if the parks up.

Hope that helps you out a bit with universal :)

pixiepirate
10-20-2009, 08:21 AM
Hello its been great reading through this all :)

Regarding the Universal Studio's & Island of Adventure, the advice I can give you for that is, everyone will head towards Universal Studio's first in the morning so head straight towards Island of Adventure, me & my hubby done that last year on our honeymoon & managed to do both parks in one day as we done Island of Adventure in 2 hours as it had no q's at all.

A big thanks for reading.:thanks: We were beginning to wonder if we were boring everyone out there. :bored:

Thanks also for the info on US. Your suggestions fit right in with out plan as we are definitely heading to Islands of Adventure and Potterland first thing. I just hope everyone else does not have the same idea. Then it will be off to Superhero Land for Di.:charac4:

We did think we would get most of the 2 parks done in one day. Mostly we are going back the second day to spend more time with Harry. We are planning to have an extra days park hopper for WDW so we can head to a park if we are back early.

Lucky you to be going for 2 1/2 weeks. Please let us know if you are doing a pre-trip report. We would love to see how your plans are coming together.:goodvibes

Zig

dzalice
10-20-2009, 09:17 AM
Hey, thanks for the kind words, disneycat f2008, and welcome to our pre trip report.:goodvibes So what are your thoughts on Mythos? Zig thinks it would be "interesting" to eat there. I, for one, would rather hang out at Captain America's but then I am a superhero fan. :charac4:

disneycat_f2008
10-20-2009, 01:44 PM
A big thanks for reading.:thanks: We were beginning to wonder if we were boring everyone out there. :bored:

Thanks also for the info on US. Your suggestions fit right in with out plan as we are definitely heading to Islands of Adventure and Potterland first thing. I just hope everyone else does not have the same idea. Then it will be off to Superhero Land for Di.:charac4:

We did think we would get most of the 2 parks done in one day. Mostly we are going back the second day to spend more time with Harry. We are planning to have an extra days park hopper for WDW so we can head to a park if we are back early.

Lucky you to be going for 2 1/2 weeks. Please let us know if you are doing a pre-trip report. We would love to see how your plans are coming together.:goodvibes

Zig

Well you didn't bore me I found your trip report to be great when I was reading it last night.

I can't really see it having to much of an inpact that it changes the crowds to much on which park they head to. Superhero land is cool the Spiderman ride is great went on that a few times while we were there.

I'm really loking forward to Harry Potter land, we are lucky at having alreay done the 2 parks before I know we can do it all in once day again & still spend more time in Disney.

I know we are lucky to be doing 2 & half weeks this time, I will let you know once I start a trp report, just waiting on my hubby to get his dates confirmed at work then I will know the def dates we are going & I can strt to book it all :)

disneycat_f2008
10-20-2009, 02:10 PM
Hey, thanks for the kind words, disneycat f2008, and welcome to our pre trip report.:goodvibes So what are your thoughts on Mythos? Zig thinks it would be "interesting" to eat there. I, for one, would rather hang out at Captain America's but then I am a superhero fan. :charac4:

Well I have only ever eaten over at Universal Studio's at the Monster Cafe which is really nice, so this time we are looking to eat some where different this time. I am going to look at the site & see what other places there are to eat, I shall have a look at them & let you know what I think :goodvibes

dzalice
10-20-2009, 11:31 PM
So, disneycat, are you and your husband thrill riders? I ask because you said you did the Islands in about 2 hrs and this seems like not enough time if you are riding things like The Hulk, Spiderman, or Dueling Dragons. Or is it that you really can get thru the Islands a lot faster than you can something like Magic Kingdom?

pixiepirate
10-21-2009, 08:19 AM
I can't really see it having to much of an impact that it changes the crowds too much on which park they head to. Superhero land is cool the Spiderman ride is great went on that a few times while we were there.

I'm really looking forward to Harry Potter land, we are lucky at having alreay done the 2 parks before I know we can do it all in once day again & still spend more time in Disney.

I know we are lucky to be doing 2 & half weeks this time, I will let you know once I start a trp report, just waiting on my hubby to get his dates confirmed at work then I will know the def dates we are going & I can strt to book it all :)

I'm just wondering if the fact that Potterland is the big new thing will draw people toward the Islands first. It's been so long since we were last at US that this will be our test trip to see how long it will take us to see the attractions that really interest us. Then we can plan better for future trips.

I also am really looking forward to Harry Potter:wizard:. I just hope my expectations are not too high. Every time I see Hogwarts in the movies I just want to be there.:goodvibes

Zig

dzalice
10-21-2009, 10:45 AM
I bought the new Unofficial Guide a couple of weeks ago and have been going over it. Actually it was kind of a kick, we still have our 1999 guide and it was about 1/3 the size of the new 2010 guide.:rotfl: I didnít really find it to be that useful to me though.:confused3 We already know what resort we are staying at and what table service meals we want. We know the attractions we will do and those we will skip, so I guess if I buy one every 10 years I should be OK. :laughing: The most useful part of the guide so far was the Universal Studios sections. However, I was disappointed to see that they put Hollywood Studios, Universal Studios and Seaworld all in the same section. I can see lumping Universal and Seaworld together, but I would have preferred that Hollywood got its own section, like MK, AK and Epcot. Still it did give me more info on the rides at Universal and an approximation of the size of the parks. I still didnít find anything new I wanted to ride over there though.:confused3

I havenít had the chance to look at the Guide yet, too busy trying to finish Dan Brownís Angels and Demons.

disneycat_f2008
10-21-2009, 04:35 PM
So, disneycat, are you and your husband thrill riders? I ask because you said you did the Islands in about 2 hrs and this seems like not enough time if you are riding things like The Hulk, Spiderman, or Dueling Dragons. Or is it that you really can get thru the Islands a lot faster than you can something like Magic Kingdom?

Just call me Cat :)

Yep we love all the thrill rides & went on all the big ones at Island of Adventure, as I said we hit the Island first while everyone else seemed to be heading towards Universal, got there at opening, walked round clockwise & actually walked onto every ride with no queue as no one was there yet it only started to get busy as we were leaving the park & heading towards Universal Studio's. We left out the Dr Seuss part as that didn't interest either of us but pretty much done everything else.

I just think at the time we went you really can get thru Island alot quicker then any of the Disney Parks now matter what time you start them parks lol

disneycat_f2008
10-21-2009, 04:45 PM
I'm just wondering if the fact that Potterland is the big new thing will draw people toward the Islands first. It's been so long since we were last at US that this will be our test trip to see how long it will take us to see the attractions that really interest us. Then we can plan better for future trips.

I also am really looking forward to Harry Potter:wizard:. I just hope my expectations are not too high. Every time I see Hogwarts in the movies I just want to be there.:goodvibes

Zig

It could pull people there first, one thing I am going to do closer to the time is look at what reports of what type of crowds there are & when they are going there hopefully that will help out.

I ma to but like you I am really hoping that it won't let me down :idea:

pixiepirate
10-22-2009, 08:13 AM
It could pull people there first, one thing I am going to do closer to the time is look at what reports of what type of crowds there are & when they are going there hopefully that will help out.

I ma to but like you I am really hoping that it won't let me down :idea:

Do you have a specific site you access for US info? So far I haven't found one that is particualrly helpful.:confused3

Zig

dzalice
10-22-2009, 11:24 AM
Well, that's sounds great. I expect we will be heading over there first thing anyway, according to Zig. Do you know of any site with a good map of the Islands and the Studios? So far, I havent been able to find anything worthwhile.

disneycat_f2008
10-22-2009, 01:14 PM
Well, that's sounds great. I expect we will be heading over there first thing anyway, according to Zig. Do you know of any site with a good map of the Islands and the Studios? So far, I havent been able to find anything worthwhile.

The actual Universal website used to hold a great map that I used last year but i was looking on there last night & they don't seem to have a map anymore so I will look for one over the next few days & I if find one I will post it on here for you

disneycat_f2008
10-22-2009, 01:19 PM
Do you have a specific site you access for US info? So far I haven't found one that is particualrly helpful.:confused3

Zig

No not really I haven't found any that are really helpful, i'm hoping that when it opens they will just release lots of reports about it

pixiepirate
10-23-2009, 08:51 AM
My cousin is heading off to WDW tomorrow for 5 days at BLT and then her first Disney cruise:sail: I wish I was going with her. I can't help thinking that if we had not changed our plans we would be in Disney right now. But then we would not have had that great trip last spring. I have to just keep reminding myself: This time next year. This time next year.:goodvibes

Zig

dzalice
10-23-2009, 01:44 PM
October 2010, it seems a long way away, doesnít it? But itís less than a year now! :cool1: How can we get all our planning done in one year? OK, transportation: We are going to drive, :drive:yes drive from just south of Chicago all the way to Florida . We have done the flying thing, (Sep 08) and decided it was not for us. Just not enough room in the suitcase for all the stuff we want to take and bring back. And letís not talk about airfares, airlines, or the lack of customer service there right now. :sad2:Not to mention the fact I hate waiting around in airports. Or being cooped up in the plane. So itís driving for us.

We have made the drive down into the southeast several times now. We went to the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta . I think we made that drive in one day. **, that is something I donít want to do again.:crazy2: We drove down to Orlando in 1992 for MagiCon :wizard:(and went to WDW then). I think we took 2 days that time. We actually drove down this past March, made remarkably good time and were fairly comfortable along the way. We took 2Ĺ days to drive in March, but for this trip we are planning only 2 days (one sleep along the way). So itís "get up early and get on the road, kiddies" for us.:hyper: We usually stop over in Kentucky . Ha, when we went in March, we stopped in Louisville . (Acutally, it was Elizabethtown ). Believe me, you do not want to be trying to get a room in a college town during March Madness.:crazy: We will be marking that on our calendars now, even though we are not college basketball fans. This time I think we will be trying to make it to Chattanooga or thereabouts, ( Murfreesboro is our halfway point) which would only leave driving through Georgia and the little of Florida to Orlando .

Thank Detroit for cruise control. :goodvibes It made the last trip so much easier and quicker. I would actually like to make it past Atlanta the first day. But that is a long haul for me. By the time we hit the Georgia line I am starting to go stir crazy and need to be out of the car.

Zig has a very nice RAV 4 with lots of room inside (the back seats actually slide forward, giving you more room in the storage area, not to mention folding down and out of the way if you really need a lot of room (maybe for that 6 foot tall stuffed Mickey). I have a new 2009 HHR, but while it is roomy enough for me, I donít think it will be good enough for WDW. (Diís afraid there won't be room for all of the stuff she wants to buy.):teeth: We are actually taking it to Maryland the first weekend in November to Faeriecon, so we will see whether it has enough room. (In case you couldnít tell from her siggy, Zig is very much into faeries.):tink: (And pirates.)pirate:

dzalice
10-27-2009, 12:09 PM
So itís about a week before we go to Maryland for Faeriecon and I have somehow messed up my knee.:sad1: It started out as just a stiff knee and escalated into being unable to bend the knee or put weight on it. Oddly, I cant remember any injury or popping of the knee, no sharp pains or redness or swelling, so I have no idea what I did. The knee is slowly getting better, Iím keeping it wrapped up, using ice if I feel it needs it and now I can bend it again, but I still cant put a lot of weight on it. Thank goodness the Faeriecon is all at one hotel so I wont be doing too much walking around. At least we are not going to Disney otherwise I would have to get an ECV and I have no idea how to drive one of those. :rotfl:I can just see me tooling around Epcot and ending up in the lagoon. Iím ok to drive (a car, :drive:since itís my turn to drive), itís just one of those things that doesnít hurt until you try to walk around. Weird. :scratchin

disneycat_f2008
10-28-2009, 04:49 PM
I really hope your knee feels better soon

dzalice
10-29-2009, 09:10 AM
Thank you kindly, ma'am. Yes, it is getting better, still stiff, and I am still wearing a brace, but at least I can walk around without too much trouble now. The frustrating part was not even knowing I had hurt my leg. It just went from stiff to unable to bear weight in about 3 days. So strange.

dzalice
10-30-2009, 09:35 AM
Dining plan, dining plan, dining plan. So what happens if we get free dining next October? We are staying at a moderate resort so we get the regular dining plan, one table, one counter, one snack per person per day. So does that start the day we check in? (Yes, it does. I keep reminding her of that but she never remembers.:confused3) That would mean 9 days of dining plan. We are probably going to arrive later in the afternoon on Sunday, and then Monday and Tuesday are Universal days. How will we work this out? Zig and I were trying to figure out what table service meals we would want. Remember, we feel that counter service is a better choice for us, since we donít like sitting down to tables in the middle of the day. Actually, Di is the one who prefers not to do so many table services meals. I donít mind having a little break in the middle of the day.:dance3: (Well, Iím usually just wanting to get on to the next attraction :moped:and I eat fast anyway).

So we are already planning on Prime Time, Whispering Canyon , Rose and Crown, and Chef Mickey. We have already done SciFi Drive-in, Chefs de France, the Princess breakfast at Akershus,princess: and Breakfast with Cindy and werenít actually planning on doing these again this time. If we get free dining, we will have to add 5 more tables to our plans. I would do the Princess again, but not the others, not this time and certainly not SciFi. Does anyone else think they need to moderate the temperature in there? We have eaten there twice that I can remember and both times it was below arctic in there. :cold: How can anyone enjoy a meal if they are shivering so badly? And we went in September so it wasnít totally hot outside either. SciFi is the only restaurant that I find intolerable as to temperature.

I have been considering the Signature restaurants. :snooty:They require 2 dining credits so if we did a couple of those we would have less table meals to plan for. I have taken a very quick look at the menu for several of the restaurants and have to say I am not finding much appealing. I donít eat any kind of seafood and am not a big steak person. Weed out anything really spicy as well and thatís not leaving a lot to choose from. I really wish there were more pasta dishes without seafood accompaniment. And just because I find something I would like doesnít mean Di will. See now, I like spicy food, and steak, but no seafood, unless itís fish and chips. So while I would have a wider range than Zig, we need to be together on this. Does anyone have any suggestions? This is going to require further thought and consideration. Stay tuned:hourglass.

dzalice
11-02-2009, 01:38 PM
OK, Zig and I have decided to (separately) make a list of the table service restaurants we would like to eat at. Then we can compare the list and see if there are any matches. So hereís my list:

Rainforest Cafť (I want to see if it is any different from the ones Iíve eaten at before, besides they have a good menu)
Tusker House
Yak and Yeti (weíve eaten at the counter service and I see they have the Honey Chicken at the restaurant also, yum)
Biergarten
Restaurant Marrakesh
Tutto Italia
Liberty Tree Tavern
Plaza Restaurant
Maya Grill
Raglan Road

Here are a few restaurants I would be willing to consider adding to our list if we were to be eligible for free dining:

Raglan Road
1900 Park Fare (breakfast)
Princess Storybook Breakfast at Akershus
Le Cellier
Yak & Yeti
Chefs de France
The Plaza Restaurant
Liberty Tree Tavern
Capín Jackís Restaurant
Tusker House
Still need to check the menus on the Signature restaurants.

disneycat_f2008
11-02-2009, 02:32 PM
seems like you to have a couple of places the same on your lists :)

dzalice
11-03-2009, 10:12 AM
Well, I see that out of the 9 restaurants I chose, Zig has chosen 5 of the same. And out of the 10 that she chose, an additional 3 are ones we have already eaten at and that I would eat at again, but they wouldnít be my first choice. So I guess this isnít going to be so hard after all. We are way too much alike. :rotfl: I guess the hard part will be deciding which ones we want to try this time.:confused3

We are off to Faeriecon in Hunt Valley, MD tomorrow. I expect to find Tinkerbell :tink:and all her faerie friends there. We will try to have some Faeriecon pictures or even Disney Faerie pictures for you when we get back.pixiedust:

dzalice
11-10-2009, 01:25 PM
Hi, weíre back from Faeriecon. No pictures yet, but we did have a pretty good time. We had vendors selling faerie prints, faerie clothes, faerie jewelry and faerie figurines, plus lots of other stuff. We had discussion panels with artists like Charles Vess and authors like Charles deLint. There were Bad Faery and Good Faery Masquerade Balls (unfortunately, I had to sit these out with my bad knee). It was a lot of fun. And we come back to news that Disney is thinking of building in China. Oh, why won't they build up here in the Midwest?:confused3

If U Had Wings
11-10-2009, 02:23 PM
Just wanted to poke my head in and say hi. I'm enjoying your trip report so far. I'll be there as well next fall taking a girls trip with a friend of mine. Can't wait to hear about all your plans.

dzalice
11-10-2009, 02:41 PM
Just wanted to poke my head in and say hi. I'm enjoying your trip report so far. I'll be there as well next fall taking a girls trip with a friend of mine. Can't wait to hear about all your plans.

Welcome and thanks for the kind words.
:woohoo:

pixiepirate
11-11-2009, 08:09 AM

:welcome: The more the merrier. I hope we can keep you entertained for the next 10 months.:)

dzalice
11-12-2009, 09:21 AM
I put this on the Tech Support board, but I think I will put it here too, so maybe the moderators will see it. This is still a Pre Trip Report, note the October 2010 title. I think someone confused my back from Faeriecon note and moved us here in error.:confused3 Maybe there is an edit that catches all the Back from... titles and i shouldnt have used that. But please, move us back to Pre Trip please.

dzalice
11-12-2009, 12:05 PM
Thank you Thank you Thank you :cool1:

pixiepirate
11-13-2009, 08:15 AM
Disney magic can spring up in the most unexpected places. :wizard: At Faeriecon this past weekend we met a very interesting fellow named Mark. Heís a storyteller, and quite an engaging one. While he was entertaining the crowd before the Costume Contest on Sunday he mentioned Pirates of the Caribbean,pirate: asking how many people had been on the ride. Of course, a goodly portion of the room raised their hands. Then he proceeded to tell us that his voice is used in 3 different parts of the ride. Where the pirate ship is firing on the fort he says ďMan down on #4 gun, Capín.Ē He had another line too, and I apologize that I can't remember what it was. I just remember laughing heartily when he told us that he could never say the line without squinting one eye shut. In the market scene he says, ďWe wants the redhead. Give us the redhead.Ē And in the famous jail sequence his voice is mixed with several other saying ďHere doggie, doggie.Ē plus a few other bits.

I donít know if they use the same voices in both Pirates attractions. Mark is definitely in the Disneyland Pirates (he described the double drops). The telling of the tale was an unanticipated bit of Disney magic in itself.pixiedust: Iíve now learned another tiny bit of Disney lore. And I can't wait to be riding Pirates of the Caribbean again.:)

If U Had Wings
11-13-2009, 10:27 AM
That's pretty cool. I can hear all those lines now.

dzalice
11-13-2009, 11:08 AM
He was a fantastic storyteller and a genuinely nice guy. It was a lot of fun listening to him. And the extra Disney touch was just perfect.

pixiepirate
11-13-2009, 02:03 PM
That's pretty cool. I can hear all those lines now.
The story's just not the same without the gestures and pirate voices. I wish I could remember the gingerbread man cookie story he told. It was funny, charming and touching all at the same time.

dzalice
11-16-2009, 12:20 PM
You know, Iíve been seeing a lot of threads on the boards about losing the magic of Disney because of, well, a lot of different things, all of which could happen on any vacation (rude or uncaring CMs, poor food quality, room disappointments, non-working attractions). Now, Zig and I have not been subjected to any of the above, that I can remember.:wizard: True, we donít have a lot of interaction with CMs, other than the usual interaction you would get at any vacation destination. But everyone was polite, friendly and seemed to enjoy their work. :cloud9:

And then I see a lot of responses to these threads that say, in essence, suck it up, you have to make your own magic. By this, I take it to mean that what you put into your vacation is what you get out of it. OK, I can get that, but stillÖÖitís Disney.::MickeyMo Donít we automatically expect it to be better than everywhere else? Thereís always been a high standard set on all the Disney properties/brands. And it always seemed to hold true until recently, I guess.

So, I guess, what Iím trying to say is that there are 2 forces that need to combine to make your vacation ďDisney magical.Ē :tink: One: the Disney experience itself, the CMs, the parks, the resorts, the attractions, the whole package. :smickey: And two: you. :goodvibes You have to be the best vacationer you can be, courteous, pleasant and ready to enjoy all that is laid out before you.

I canít say that Zig and I have always been the best vacationers around, :rolleyes1 thereís always something that gets you down or irritates you or just makes you react badly. But we always seem to have a really good time down at Disney and weíre planning on having a really good time next year too.:cheer2:

pixiepirate
11-17-2009, 01:18 PM
I had a nice little chat with fairy artist Jasmine Beckett-Griffith :artist:on the last day of Faeriecon. Now I have a lot of fairy shirts but most of them are summer wear. Since I am always cold those just wouldnít cut it in the chillier fall weather so I resorted to my Tinker Bell sweatshirts. On Sunday, Jasmineís husband commented on my shirt, remembering I had worn a Tink shirt the day before. We started talking about Tink, :tink:who is one of Jasmineís favorite characters. She is doing a line of Tink figurines for the Bradford Exchange, the first of which is called Kiss My Wings. I have seen the color artwork for this figurine, a spunky little Tink, and can't wait to see the finished piece. Jasmine will also be doing a line of Disney princesses princess:for Bradford. I have seen a black and white drawing of the first princess, Snow White. Very cute, and again I can't wait to see the finished figurine. Rather refreshing too, that the first princess was not Cinderella, though I would have preferred it be Aurora, my personal favorite. Jasmine told me the line will also include Ariel and Jasmine so perhaps we will get all the princesses not just the Fab Four.

For any Wizard of Oz fans who might be reading, Jasmine is also doing the Fairies of Oz collection for Bradford. I actually had a flyer for this collection waiting for me when I returned from Faeirecon. Jasmine has reimagined the characters of Oz as adorable fairies. The collection will include Dorothy, the Scarecrow, the Tin Man, the Cowardly Lion and an Emerald City display stand. Jasmine also told me the line would be expanding to include Glinda and the Wicked Witch.:rainbow:

pixiepirate
11-18-2009, 01:19 PM
My Toy Story Mania Wii game arrived while I was at Faeriecon so my first chance to play was this past weekend. Whoa! What an addicting game. I should have guessed that because I love the attraction at HS. I played so much my arm hurt the next day. I still have games to unlock but so far I think the space ones are my favorites, except maybe the hoops one. Gotta love those aliens. I do like breaking those plates for the Army guys too. I can't say playing this will improve my scores at WDW. My accuracy ratings are so far down the charts youíd have to go to the basement to find them. Still, at least I donít have to wait another year before I can play again, I just have to beat my sister to the Wii.:)

dzalice
11-18-2009, 02:14 PM
Ha! She wishes, Wii is my favorite past time. Although I have not yet played the TSM game, couldnt get the controller away from Zig. We will have to play against each other one time. Awwww, now I want to be at DHS, riding TSM!

dzalice
11-20-2009, 10:21 AM
Well, just want to wish everyone Happy Thanksgiving.:dance3: We donít really do a big meal with lots of family, itís usually just me, Zig and The Mom. Weíll be having our traditional turkey and dressing, mashed potatoes, peas and tomatoes, Brussels sprouts (for The Mom), home made bread, and cranberry sauce. I think we are going to have Seven Layer salad too this year, and a pie for dessert. Yum, cant wait.:yay: We have never been to Disney over the holidays (any holiday), but we are thinking of making a Christmas :santa:holiday trip in the next few years. We will of course be staying at the Wilderness Lodge, simply because we have seen pictures of it done up for Christmas and it looks spectacular.:lovestruc And, if we can swing it, we are going to go for a concierge room. :snooty:Iím not totally sure what that all entails, other than being on the top floor of the resort, but it certainly sounds special. We will also be doing Mickeyís Very Merry Christmas Christmas Party for the first time. We have already done the Halloween Party, so we would want to see what Christmas is like. Besides they gave out hot chocolate, who can pass that up.:goodvibes

If U Had Wings
11-20-2009, 11:12 AM
The Thanksgiving plans sound lovely. Sometimes the quiet holidays are the best.

I'm so jealous of the Wii game. One of these days I'll own one, but I need to upgrade my tv first. I'm still using the same set I bought way back when I just got out of college. The thing just won't die and I can't justify buying a new set when mine works perfectly.

dzalice
11-20-2009, 11:19 AM

I'm so jealous of the Wii game. One of these days I'll own one, but I need to upgrade my tv first. I'm still using the same set I bought way back when I just got out of college. The thing just won't die and I can't justify buying a new set when mine works perfectly.

Oh dont feel too bad about the tv. I believe we are still using the tv I won in a raffle back in 1982. It's a 19 inch or maybe 22 in, not a flat screen, not even cable ready, so you know it's old. But we are planning on upgrading to a nice new 32 in flat screen before the end of the year. :happytv:I think having the TSM Wii game had motivated Zig to get out and buy a new TV. She wants to be able to see those rings land on the little alien guys. Believe me this is one fun game. The only disadvantage I can see is that when I get back to DHS and ride TSM, I will be trying to push down the "A" button instead of pulling the string.:lmao:

pixiepirate
11-20-2009, 01:44 PM

I love to take Thanksgiving to stuff myself, maybe write a few Christmas cards and just relax. It's the last day for that before the mad Holiday decorating frenzy begins. Hope everyone has a great and tasty Thanksgiving.

Zig

dzalice
11-24-2009, 12:05 PM
Well, itís almost time to start the mad Thanksgiving cooking frenzy.:stir: Then it will be time for the mad Christmas decorating frenzy. :wizard:Then the mad Christmas shopping frenzy. And then next year, the mad working-overtime- to-finish-end-of-year-reports frenzy. :surfweb::(This would be me. I work in accounting and thereís nothing like spending all of Jan and Feb working every Saturday to file state reports. The up side is extra money for Disney World!) Then we might finally have time for the official Schedule-the-Disney-Trip frenzy.:cool1: Thatís what Iím waiting for. We usually donít start scheduling our trip/activities til just about 6 months out, so we might even have to wait til April. Weíre hoping to see some nice deals come out around that time. :PinkbouncIt would be nice to get free dining one time, or another deal like the 4 and 3 one we had in March. Itís getting kinda hard to wait for scheduling time to start, but in the meantime, we are trying to think of some new things to try. (Before you even start, no to the Characters in Flight, at least for me, terrified of heights).:scared1: But we are thinking about doing a tour, maybe the Keys to the Kingdom one. Weíve been checking out different posts about it, and it sounds like a lot of fun. I was interested to see that you get headsets to hear your guide better, this always seems to be a problem when on a tour. I always like the ones with the audio set ups best. We used one when we went to see the Harry Potter exhibit at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago this year. They even had additional channels you could tune in to get trivia and other facts about the exhibit and the movies. But what other things could we try out?:confused: Any suggestions?

pixiepirate
12-08-2009, 08:32 AM
Well, vacation is over but the frenzy is not.:sad1: Diane and I were off from Thanksgiving Day until yesterday. It was a mad rush to try to get all the decorating done. We almost made it. Another day and we might have completed the last of it. All the outside decorations are up. We only have three small trees to finish indoors and assorted displays to arrange. Watched the Disney Holiday Special with David Bromstad. :santa: Wow! Can you believe all those trees?! Amazing! I wish they would have shown more. Now thereís a job I would like, decorating Christmas trees all year long. I sure have had plenty of practice.:laughing: And now I see where people are complaining that there arenít as many decorations at WDW as there used to be. I guess they donít think Disney has been affected by the recession like the rest of the country. I wouldnít know. Iíve never been to WDW during the holidays (was at Disneyland New Yearís Eve 2007 and will never do that again). I donít think it would really matter to me because (a) Iím in WDW and (b) Iím celebrating the holidays and I didnít have to do any decorating at all.:yay: We hope to make a holiday trip in the next few years and then we will see for ourselves. I hope all your holiday plans are well under way and moving along smoothly. I still have some shopping to do.

dzalice
12-09-2009, 11:14 AM
Well, hello everybody! I see Zig has filled you in on our decorating extravaganza, :jumping1:which, of course, we are still working on. But, rest assured, it will be done by Christmas, sometimes itís not done til Christmas Eve, but itís always done by Christmas. You would think we had a huge house to decorate, but itís just a modest bungalow, we just like a lot of decorations.:rainbow: This year we are going to have 8 trees set up. Now you can see why Zig would like a job at Disney decorating trees. I would prefer a job making the candy. We watched the Guy Fieri Disneyland special, and my mouth was watering by the end. Once the holidays are over, we will have to get into planning mode and make some decisions about our trip next year. :cool1:And so, I splurged on myself and bought an iTouch, and have already downloaded a couple of Disney apps, Mouse Memos, and the Disney Checklist.:cool: Now instead of filling up little notebooks, I can just put everything into my Touch.:woohoo: Zig says she will be getting hers pretty soon too.

dzalice
12-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Hello to all you viewers/readers and a big THANK YOU!:thanks: from me and Zig. We are over 1000 and it's all good.:hyper: I know itís not much compared to some, but thatís 1000 folks who are reading about our trip plans and we appreciate it. pixiedust: Feel free to post any comments or suggestions you like, we are happy to hear from you all.:goodvibes

dzalice
12-15-2009, 11:29 AM
Well the decorating frenzy is done; we finished up on Sunday. This is about the earliest weíve finished in a few years. It certainly helps when everything is organized and the boxes are marked accordingly. And now we have a new outdoor shed to keep our outdoor decorations in and wont have to drag them in and out of our crawl space.:banana: And we bought a new Christmas tree (artificial). :woohoo:Our old one was at least 30 years old and just wasnít cutting it anymore. The new one is very pretty and full and looks good with our myriads of ornaments. Zig likes lots of lights on the tree and this one looks really good with them all.:rainbow: I have also finished all my Christmas cards, although Zig is still working on hers. So all I have left to do is wrap presents and make cookies and I will be ready for Christmas. And itís still 10 days away. There may even be time for relaxing and enjoying the season this year.

If U Had Wings
12-15-2009, 12:37 PM
Congrats on getting your decorations up. I haven't even started mine. I need to decide if I'm even going to bother this year. It's just been crazy.

pixiepirate
12-15-2009, 01:12 PM
Congrats on getting your decorations up. I haven't even started mine. I need to decide if I'm even going to bother this year. It's just been crazy.

Sometimes I wonder if it's worth it myself. Even though we take the whole week after Thanksgiving off, it's still a huge undertaking. And it sure seems to take a whole lot longer that it used to 20 years ago. Still there's nothing like a house full of Christmas when we are done.:santa:

dzalice
12-18-2009, 09:22 AM
OK, itís time to get excited again. :yay: We (Zig and I) each got a Pin code yesterday for 35% of moderates. Hey I think this is my first pin code :cool:(Zig has gotten them before). Canít use it though, it only goes through June 2010. :sad1: But we are pretty sure now we are going from 10/10-18/10 (hey we will be in Disney on 10/10/10, how cool). Weíll leave home on 10/9 and get back home on 10/20, so now I can put in my vacation time request at work. :cool1:I work in the finance department of a neurology group. We are a small department and only one person can be gone at a time, so the earlier you get your time in the better. Of course, I am the senior member of the department, but itís not always fair to pull rank. So I am making out my vacation request today. Yippee!:cheer2:

dzalice
12-18-2009, 12:48 PM
And..... I am approved! :cool1: OK the vacation time is approved, the Christmas bonus is in the bank and all is right with the (Disney)World. :love: Now if this day could move along a little faster, it would be perfect. :goodvibes

disneycat_f2008
12-21-2009, 03:15 PM
Woop woop to your time off being approved :)

dzalice
12-22-2009, 11:23 AM
Woop woop to your time off being approved :)

Well Hello Cat, how have you been? Yes, I am more than pleased to have my time approved, that means the adventure can definitely happen now. Of course, I am still waiting for Zig to put in for her time, she'd better get that started soon.:mad: I am pretty lucky; I've been in this job for over 10 years now, and get 24 days of vacation a year, and it increases by a day every year. I figured I can now spend a whole month at Disney while on vacation and still get paid.:wizard: (Hmmmmm, no, maybe another year). How is your trip planning going?

pixiepirate
12-22-2009, 01:15 PM
I will probably not request my vacation time until after the first of the year. I doubt there will be a problem getting it approved. No one else in my department seems to be the excessively early planner I am.:)

disneycat_f2008
12-22-2009, 01:27 PM
Well Hello Cat, how have you been? Yes, I am more than pleased to have my time approved, that means the adventure can definitely happen now. Of course, I am still waiting for Zig to put in for her time, she'd better get that started soon.:mad: I am pretty lucky; I've been in this job for over 10 years now, and get 24 days of vacation a year, and it increases by a day every year. I figured I can now spend a whole month at Disney while on vacation and still get paid.:wizard: (Hmmmmm, no, maybe another year). How is your trip planning going?

Hello, well to say I will be glad to see the back of 2009 is an understatement the last 2 months have been rubbish so I haven't had time to plan the holiday but I plan to in the New Year once everything settles down.

Glad that you have your time booked off & I hope that Zig gets her's sorted out sometime soon, 24 days is pretty good, I hate to tell you this I get 25 days as a standard & hubby gets 26 & thats without being there for any amount of time. I would love to spend a month in Disney that would be lovely :)

dzalice
12-22-2009, 02:19 PM
Wow, 25/26 days just starting out at a job? Do you have to take them all at once, or can you just take a week or two at a time? We are still looking forward to CBR,:goodvibes just have to find some time to get a handle on the newest discounts; here's hoping we get some good ones for October too.

disneycat_f2008
12-22-2009, 03:00 PM
Wow, 25/26 days just starting out at a job? Do you have to take them all at once, or can you just take a week or two at a time? We are still looking forward to CBR,:goodvibes just have to find some time to get a handle on the newest discounts; here's hoping we get some good ones for October too.

Hubby gets the better deal he can take his whenever he wants, I have to take 2 weeks together (10 days) but thats not to bad. I'm looking forward to getting into the planning again in the new year going to make 2010 our year & WDW will be a big part of that

dzalice
12-23-2009, 12:39 PM
Zig and I want to take the opportunity to say:

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL
AND MAY YOUR NEW YEAR BE FILLED WITH DISNEY MAGIC!
:rainbow:

disneycat_f2008
12-23-2009, 01:29 PM
Merry Christmas Guys hope you have a good one x x

pixiepirate
01-15-2010, 08:20 AM
Well, I guess itís been awhile. Things got a bit hectic there with the holidays and now trying to get all the decorations packed away. Thatís another huge undertaking. We take an 11 day vacation to get all the decorations up, then try to get them down on the weekends. Not helped by the fact I will be working every Saturday for the next 2 months. But progress is being made. Maybe we will even get some Valentine decorations up this year.

I did have time over the holidays to peruse a bit of the Unofficial Guide. I think I might go visit their touring plans site when I have a chance. Diane and I have never used a touring plan. Since we avoid most of the thrill rides it has never seemed necessary. We utilize Fastpass when necessary but most of the time the longest waits we have are for the bus. :laughing: I guess Iím just curious to see what kind of plan they would come up with for us. Iíll let you know what I find out as soon as I can find some time to get over there.

2_Eagle_Mom
01-24-2010, 01:49 AM
I just found your PTR! (I was hunting out more October 2010 trippers). I was interested in your discussions on US and HP. We're trying to decide if we want to take time away from WDW and check it out. We're really only interested in the HP stuff and haven't really gone offsite (other than one day trip to Kennedy Space Center), we really guard our WDW time.

How are you liking your iTouch? Have you downloaded the DIS ap? I can't get an iPhone, but was thinking about upgrading from my iPod to an iTouch just to keep all my info in one place. I'd be interested in hearing what apps you use frequently.

Jane

dzalice
01-25-2010, 11:21 AM
I just found your PTR! (I was hunting out more October 2010 trippers). I was interested in your discussions on US and HP. We're trying to decide if we want to take time away from WDW and check it out. We're really only interested in the HP stuff and haven't really gone offsite (other than one day trip to Kennedy Space Center), we really guard our WDW time.

How are you liking your iTouch? Have you downloaded the DIS ap? I can't get an iPhone, but was thinking about upgrading from my iPod to an iTouch just to keep all my info in one place. I'd be interested in hearing what apps you use frequently.

Jane

Well Hello Jane! and Welcome!:goodvibes I know what you mean about the HP stuff being the main reason to go to US. I keep looking at their attractions and not finding a whole lot I want to do. Of course, that doesnt mean I wont find something to keep me occupied for two days there!;)
I am definitely liking my iTouch. I have 4 Disney related apps on it, Mouse Memos, Park hours, Dining and another one I cant remember right now. I'm really liking the hours and the dining, which has menus and prices. So now, if I'm standing in the middle of HS and trying to decide where i want to eat, I can pull out my Touch and check menus on the fly. Very handy.:woohoo: But I am ashamed to say that the app I am currently using the most is Solitaire. Very handy to have when you are waiting at the doctor's office. :lmao: According to Zig, we should be making our resort reservations early next month. Then I guess we are waiting til April for the ADRS, still trying to iron those out.

pixiepirate
01-25-2010, 01:16 PM

Jane

:welcome: Jane. I see you will be arriving shortly before we do. We guard our WDW time very jealously too. Iím not happy unless I have at least 6 days at the parks, which is why we are taking a longer trip this time. I have to admit that my main reason for the US trip is Harry Potter. The Harry Potter Exhibition in Chicago just whet my appetite. There were so many exquisite details that you just can't catch in the movies, like the intricacies of the Marauderís Map, the desk accessories in Umbrageís office and the embroidery on the bedclothes. I can't think of too many other things I would rather do than spend time in Hogwarts Castle. Since the Art Director for the film is working with Universal to create the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Iím sure we will see those details reflected in the new attractions. What are you most looking forward to seeing there? Besides Hogwarts Castle I am looking forward to lunch at the Three Broomsticks.

We havenít been to US in almost 20 years so we are taking 2 days this trip. I doubt it will take us that long to get through both parks since we will avoid the thrill rides. But I want plenty of time to savor Potterland. In fact I hope we can spend most of our second day there. Right now we are planning to eat at the Three Broomsticks that day so we can take our time and enjoy the atmosphere without feeling the need to rush off to the next attraction. If you are just interested in HP you could probably get by with one day. We don't think we will spend the whole second day there so we are sprining for an extra day's park hopper for the evening.

pixiepirate
01-27-2010, 01:16 PM
OK,I have submitted my PTO request for our October dates.:woohoo: I'm not anticipating any problem getting it approved. Now I need to get to work on that calendar so we can start penciling in tentative plans.

pixiepirate
01-29-2010, 01:32 PM
Hey, signed up for the new Disney Planning DVD today. :woohoo: Not that we really need it but it helps get me in the mood. Been spending a lot of time lately thinking about the drive down there. :drive: That's mostly my responsibility since we will be taking my RAV again. I have got to try to get the calendar printed today so we can start making plans. I see some of the EMH days have been switched around so we may have to wait for the official park hours before we can finalize anythng. We are waiting on the MNSSHP schedule as well.

dzalice
01-29-2010, 02:38 PM
Yes, I have been loading apps on my iTouch like there is no tomorrow. Mostly hotel look up info, so we can have an idea of where to stop on the way down. Trouble is, they all need a wifi connection:confused:, so i guess I'll have to find the info the old fashioned way, by internet. I do have my Park Hours and Restaurant guide ready though. I like the Restaurant guide, it gives the whole menu, so if you want a hamburger, you know you shouldn't go to Columbia Harbor House. It will come in handy when i am standing in front of some CS trying to read the menu.

pixiepirate
02-08-2010, 01:16 PM
When you start dreaming about WDW it must mean itís time to get serious about booking the trip. Especially when it was not a very reassuring dream. We arrived at our WDW resort in this dream to find that they had lost our reservation. :scared1: In the end they were able to find us space at the Wilderness Lodge (I must really want to go back here because we are supposed to be booking CBR for this trip). Luckily all our ADRs were still in order since we had booked them at a different time. Hopefully this won't turn out to be a prophetic dream. With a little luck, we may be booking this week,:yay: though I am still waiting for approval of my PTO. Keep your fingers crossed.

pixiepirate
02-12-2010, 01:25 PM
We are booked!!! :yay: Went online first thing this morning and got it all taken are of: 9 nights in a pirate pirate:room with a water view at CBR, quick service dining and a 7 day park hopper.

Whatís next? Waiting on MNSSHP dates and tickets, planning a day for a KTTK tour, ADRs, US tickets, and park hours so we can plan, plan, plan.

Dis_Yoda
02-12-2010, 01:57 PM
Joining in!

I'll be there in Oct too - I can't wait!

dzalice
02-12-2010, 02:23 PM
Yippee! Yo Ho Yo Ho A Pirate's Life for Me!!!! And Welcome, Dis Yoda!

hkclem8328
02-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Hey there, I am jumping into your report a bit late, but just came across it. I too have lurked around these boards for a little while. My family and I are headed to Disney the end of October! I look forward to folling your pre-trippie along!!

pixiepirate
02-15-2010, 08:26 AM
Ahoy there, mateys! Welcome aboard! pirate: Hope you enjoy the trip. Wow, looks like October is a really popular month. Anyone else planning to attend MNSSHP while they are there?

pixiepirate
02-25-2010, 01:31 PM
Our Disney Planning DVD arrived yesterday.:woohoo: Too bad we will have to wait until after the Olympics to watch it. Not that we need it for the planning tips, I just like to watch it to get overly excited about the upcoming trip.:goodvibes

pixiepirate
03-02-2010, 01:41 PM
Had a bit of a chuckle last night.:laughing: I was surfing the WDW Dining app on my sister's iTouch last night when I accidentally hit the Near Me button. Kind of nice to know that Pinocchio's Village Haus is the closest Disney dining establishment to my house, only 966 miles away.:)

pixiepirate
03-03-2010, 01:21 PM
The big discussion this weekend was about driving.:car: How far do we think we might get? Should we chose a destination, make a reservation and just keep driving till we get there? Or should we just wing it, going as far as we possibly can and then find a place to stay? Chattanooga is our halfway point so we definitely want to be past that. We could stop between Chattanooga and Atlanta or push on past Atlanta. Now, I have done the Atlanta in a day thing, have even done the Macon in a day thing. Let me tell you that by the time I hit the GA line I am ready to be out of the car!! Of course, I donít usually have getting to WDW as an incentive. The drawback to making a reservation is getting there earlier than anticipated and regretting that we could have gotten farther. We hopped online and did a little research on possible stopping points and available hotels. Still havenít come to a definite decision on what we will do but thereís plenty of time to work that out.

2_Eagle_Mom
03-04-2010, 10:54 AM
Had a bit of a chuckle last night.:laughing: I was surfing the WDW Dining app on my sister's iTouch last night when I accidentally hit the Near Me button. Kind of nice to know that Pinocchio's Village Haus is the closest Disney dining establishment to my house, only 966 miles away.:)

Hi - I've been lurking for a while and love reading about your plans. I have to ask about the app that you mentioned above. I just got the iTouch and haven't had much time to look around for apps. Can you tell me about the one that you are talking about?

Also, regarding your hotel issue. When you are looking at hotels, ask about their cancellation policy. A lot of hotels will let you cancel on the day of arrival by 4pm or 6pm. You can make a couple of reservations and then depending on how far you get you can decide where you want to stop.

I wish we were able to drive, but that would take up 1/2 of our vacation.

dzalice
03-04-2010, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the info on the hotels. I never thought about checking the cancellation policy. Actually we have been toying with the idea of making a reservation on the fly. Di also has a couple of apps that locate hotels near you. By early afternoon we might have a good idea where we will end up and could call ahead to reserve a room. You never know what you will run into on the road. I once got stopped in TN for 30-45 minutes because they were blasting next to the highway further up the road. Thatís not exactly something you can plan for.

Hi! and thanks for joining us. I've had my Touch for a couple of months now and find myself constantly adding apps for which I probably will have no further use. Right now I have a 2010 Olympic app, gave me the schedule for all the events, is it showing anything now, well no. I have 4 Disney apps, I think they were all free. WDW Dining, Mouse Memo, Park Hours, and Disney List. I love the Dining and Park hours. I am at work right now, and Scuttle's Landing is the closest Dining to me, 965 miles. Much closer than Pinocchio. The Park Hours update themselves every month to add the new hours posted, so we are up to the end of September now. (come on October) The Disney List and Mouse Memo I'm not using so much now, but expect to add more to them once we make ADRs and such.The other apps I have (Hampton, HotelPal, HotelsbyMe, andHotel Sites, all need WiFi connections, which we dont have at home yet, but hope to have soon. They will list Hotels near by, or by city or by chain, I expect them to be very helpful.

pixiepirate
03-05-2010, 08:10 AM
My PTO request has finally been approved and my dates are marked on the calendar!:woohoo: Darn good thing too, since we already booked the trip.

dzalice
03-05-2010, 08:51 AM
Well thank goodness! I wasnt looking forward to driving down there by myself. Hey! Alice opens today! Yippee!

pixiepirate
03-23-2010, 01:22 PM
We are trying to decide on a day for the KTTK tour. This will be our first tour at WDW and I have to say I am really looking forward to it. Our options are Wednesday, 10/13 or Monday, 10/18. Di had some serious knee problems last year. She is much better now but still has days of stiffness and aches. Sheís a little concerned about the length of the tour and the number of rest periods. We have been debating the feasibility of both days. Should we choose Wednesday, when we will be reasonably fresh (like we won't just have spent two days tramping around Universal), or Monday, when we will be more tired but know we can spend the next two days off our feet on the drive home? Iím fine with either day so I am letting Di make the final decision on this. I think right now she is leaning toward Wednesday with Monday as an alternate.

Only a little more than a week and we should have the October hours. Let the serious planning start! :woohoo: April 13th is our 180 days for ADRs. :thumbsup2 Then we will be waiting on the MNSSHP dates and tickets.

dzalice
03-23-2010, 02:14 PM
"Serious Planning"? Is that anything like a Wild Rumpus?

pixiepirate
03-31-2010, 08:10 AM
Got the Oct hours!:woohoo: I am hard at work compiling all the pertinent data into a calendar, trying a little different format this time. There will be some intense discussion on what, when and where this weekend. Only 14 days until we can make ADRs.:yay:

pixiepirate
04-01-2010, 08:19 AM
OK, the calendar is done and I have actually had the chance to peruse the data. It looks like thereís a possibility for MNSSHP on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday while we are there. Monday and Tuesday are out. We will be at Universal those days and Iím not sure how long we will want to stay. We had been thinking about Thursday, but Sunday would work as well. In fact, it might be the best day. We are planning to do Chef Mickeyís on Monday morning and could book a later time and sleep in a little after the party. My concern here is crowds. Last time we went on a Friday in late September and it was not crowded at all. Closer to Halloween I wonder if the crowds on a weekend evening would be much larger than on a Thursday. The final decision may be determined by our KTTK tour. We plan to book that for Wednesday, but Monday is our alternate if Wednesday is not available. I would definitely choose Thursday for MNSSHP if we end up booking the tour for Monday.

dzalice
04-01-2010, 10:27 AM
My knee is improving weekly, so I am with Zig on this, hoping for the KTTK tour on Wednesday. According to the calendar right now, Epcot will be open late that night, so we could probably go there in the evening. We are trying to avoid Epcot on weekend nights due to the Food and Wine Festival going on. I am ok with either Friday or Sunday for our MNSSHP, we will have to check further once tickets are available.

pixiepirate
04-07-2010, 08:12 AM
So much for our plans to plan this weekend. That kind of flew by and we never had a chance to sit down and talk. We did finally find a few minutes Monday night to make a start. We have got to get moving. Our ADR date is coming up fast.

We will be arriving at CBR sometime on Sunday. Since this is our first time doing a 2 day drive, Iím not exactly sure what time that will be. I hope we can be there between 3 or 4PM, before 6PM at the latest. A lot will depend on traffic, construction and weather. We will take some down time once we reach the resort to settle in our room, relax a bit, and maybe catch a meal or a snack. We have come up with several options for the evening.

#1. Head out to MK. We have an extra park day we will use either Sunday, Monday or Tuesday evening. The park will be having late EMH and will be open until 2AM. OK, I know I won't be out that late but we could head over late and still get in several hours of fun. It is a holiday weekend so we will have to consider whether we are up to dealing with the crowds after driving all day.

#2. Watch the Illuminations fireworks from the CBR beach. This would give us plenty of time for a leisurely dinner and to explore the resort. Maybe even hit the whirlpool. A nice relaxing evening before our first full day of action.

#3. Head for Downtown Disney. This is hit or miss with me. I like shopping at the World of Disney Store but the area as a whole is on my ďFit it in if we can list.Ē Iíd rather be spending time in the parks.

Itís hard to say what we might feel like doing after the long drive. We probably won't make the final decision until that day but itís nice to have options in advance instead of sitting around the room trying to decide what to do.

pixiepirate
04-09-2010, 01:29 PM
The calendar is starting to come together. We have moved on to Monday and are already making changes. Monday is Universal Studios Day 1. I have a few concerns about this day because it is a holiday. I am not sure how this will impact the crowds. We had been considering doing one long day at US and one shorter day, figuring that the shorter day would be Tuesday as we would just come in, visit Potterland again and then hit the parts of the parks we had missed the day before. After checking WDW for Monday, we have decided to make Monday our shorter day, leaving US about 3-4PM. A short break at the resort, maybe dinner and then we can head out to HS.

We had a bit of a discussion about this and decided it might be a better use of our extra park hopper to go to HS Monday night for late EMH. This means we would not be going to MK on Sunday night. Itís a break with tradition as MK has always been our first park and PotC pirate:our first ride. With HSí early evening hours most of the week we are there, itís beginning to look like there might not be many opportunities to visit the park. For some reason I have not been able to identify, I really like this park, even though we avoid most of the big attractions.:) None of the parks have late EMH on Tuesday so Sunday and Monday nights are our best options.

As for our US plans for this day, we will be heading directly to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter as soon as the gates open. I intend to spend much time there soaking up all the atmosphere and magic I can. :wizard: Then it will be on to the Marvel Superhero Island. :charac4: Mostly for shopping since we donít do the thrill rides. I hope I can find some cool Wolverine stuff. We are planning on Mythos for lunch.

I tried to book our KTTK tour this morning. Turns out I was a tad early. I will have to call again next week.

Simba22
04-10-2010, 12:34 AM
hello everyone! I just found your PTR - I'm also perusing the PTR boards for other people going in October 2010! We are going Oct 19 - 29, staying at CSR. Our party will consist of me, my boyfriend, and my brother - all adults, no kids! This will be my 9th trip to Disney, my DBFs 8th, and my brother's 5th.

DBF and I are really big "nerds" and he is a HUGE comic book fan! I haven't told him about the Marvel section of IOA that you guys were talking about earlier in the report....Maybe one day we will try out US and IOA but for now, we are content with WDW :)

The biggest disappointment was staying till midnight on New Years Eve only to have the fireworks cancelled due to the wind. I don’t think I will be doing that again.
:scared1::scared1::scared1: OMG I WOULD BE SOOOOO MAD!!!

Favorite Park:
Zig Magic Kingdom
Diane Epcot

Me: Animal Kingdom
DBF: Hollywood Studios or Epcot...he couldn't decide between the two

Favorite resort (so far):
Zig Wilderness Lodge
Diane Wilderness Lodge

Me: CSR or POFQ
DBF: CSR or POFQ
We loved both equally

Favorite Harry Potter movie:
Zig: The Order of the Phoenix
Diane: The Chamber of Secrets

Me: Goblet of Fire
DBF: Goblet of Fire

So although I know Dinosaur is supposed to have the same basic ride dynamics as Indy I will not be riding that. Heck I wont even ride the Tea Cups and I love Alice.

I hate the teacups but somehow I always get suckered into riding them. You really should give Soarin' a try though...It's one of the greatest feelings you could ever imagine! And Dinosaur is terrifying. I don't suffer from motion sickness on rides (riding in the back seat of a car though is a whole different story :confused3) but I think Dinosaur could definitely cause some upchucking. And did I mention it's terrifying?

Favorite Hogwarts Professor
Zig: Professor Lupin
Diane: Professor MacGonagall

Me: Professor Lupin
DBF: Professor Snape

We were pretty much set on CBR since our plans for the pirate room pirate:
Then I found the Room Photos thread on the Resorts Board. Big mistake.

I know what you mean about the Resorts Boards! We stayed at CSR in October 2007, then went to POFQ in March 2008, then to Pop in October 2009, and we are booked for CSR again this coming October but part of my brain keeps floating to other resorts....If only I could afford AKL!!!

Favorite Marvel (Disney) Character
Zig: Wolverine
Di: It's hard to choose, there are so many, but I will go with Gambit at this time.

Me: Mystique
DBF: Captain America, followed closely by Green Goblin and Gambit.

So now you know we both like SF&F. Besides being a lover of Star Wars, Star Trek and Stargate, I am also a huge fan of Doctor Who and Torchwood. And, of course, Harry Potter, both the books and the films. We love movies popcorn::and have a small group of friends that go almost every Tuesday night and have been doing so for almost 10 years. I like to read too, but lately don’t seem to have as much time for that as I would like. :sad1:

We do some Sci-Fi and Fantasy stuff here... Star Wars and Star Trek definitely but we never got into Stargate. DBF loves Dr. Who. We also watch TrueBlood on HBO, Heroes on NBC, and have read all of the Sookie Stackhouse books (the series that started TrueBlood), as well as all of the Harry Potter books and seen all of the movies. I am also into the paranormal.

We actually had a "bad movie night" tradition here for a while....we started a Netflix account and rented the worst movies we could find. The tradition ended with "Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus." :sad2: We cancelled our Netflix after that one. It was painful to watch.

Favorite Fantasy Novel
Zig: The Chronicles of Amber Series by Roger Zelazny
Di: Return to Oz by L Frank Baum

Me: I would have to say either "Dead to the World" which is the 4th book in the Sookie Stackhouse series, or The Looking Glass Wars - a retelling of the Alice in Wonderland story. I'm currently in the 3rd book from this series.
DBF: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

We are hoping for some sort of discount, either on rooms or free dining. How long should we wait to see if there is an offer for our scheduled dates?:confused3 If we book our trip and then a discount offer comes along, can we just ask to have that discount applied to the package we have already booked or do we need to scrap that package and start all over again to get the discount?

We got a 25% PIN code this year for booking a package stay at a moderate. But my brother is in the military so I am waiting to see if they announce a new military discount for the end of the year. The current offer is for 40% off the room rate, and then he can get 4 day base tickets for all of us for $99. So we could get 8 park days (we don't do hoppers) for $200 which is an EXCELLENT deal. Whether or not they still offer these deals (or anything at all for that matter) come October, is yet to be seen. We're already saved a lot of money using the 25% discount, the military discount would be even better. I actually tried to price out AKL with the 40% discount (just in case) and it's STILL more than we can afford. Even in a standard room, with the 40% off, we would have to pay an additional $1800. Oh...and in case you haven't already been informed, you can always change the discount code that is applied to your ressie. So like right now, we have the 25% PIN, but if the military one becomes available, I can change the PIN to that one and not have to actually change my ressie.

Let’s talk ADRs.

I make TS ressies for every day of our trip...sometimes 2 per day. I LOVE TS meals. I like being able to sit and enjoy a real breakfast without just rushing out the door to get to the park, and I like being able to relax in the evening with a good dinner. We normally do QS lunches though.

We want to do another character meal. As much as we love the Princess Breakfast in Norway, we thought we might try something different this time.
The character breakfast at Ohana is my favorite, although we had dinner at LTT (I don't know if they are still doing character meals there) and it was fantastic. We had amazing character interaction! We're trying Cape May Cafe's character breakfast this trip!

Favorite Character Meal
Zig: Princess Breakfast at Akershus Norway Epcot
Di: (ditto)
Me: Ohana
DBF: Ohana

We actually like EMH. I know a lot of people say you should avoid the parks with EMH, but we never really find it to be exceptionally crowded on those days, or maybe we just don’t know any better, since we have always gone to early EMH :goodvibes

We always go to the park that has PM EMH. We usually spend our mornings eating breakfast so AM EMHs don't mean anything to us. But the PM EMH are the best! Walk on rides, smaller crowds, and cooler temperatures! Yes, please!

We could do AK on Sunday again, just at the end of the trip instead of the beginning. Friday is a possibility too. What are the crowds like then? Anyone know? :listen:

I know that MK and Epcot are usually the parks people flock to on the weekends...mainly the AP holders and the locals. So either AK or HS would probably be a good bet for a weekend.

Favorite table service restaurant:
Zig Prime Time Cafť
Diane Prime Time Cafe

Me: Boma or The Plaza. I love them both
DBF: San Angel Inn

I bought the new Unofficial Guide a couple of weeks ago and have been going over it.
I'm a fan of The Complete Walt Disney World. They publish a new one every year and sometimes the info is a little...ahem...incorrect...because they go to print before plans have become official. But I read through it...cover to cover. It really just takes me there...ya know?

OK, Zig and I have decided to (separately) make a list of the table service restaurants we would like to eat at. Then we can compare the list and see if there are any matches. So here’s my list:

Rainforest Cafť (I want to see if it is any different from the ones I’ve eaten at before, besides they have a good menu)
Tusker House
Yak and Yeti (we’ve eaten at the counter service and I see they have the Honey Chicken at the restaurant also, yum)
Biergarten
Restaurant Marrakesh
Tutto Italia
Liberty Tree Tavern
Plaza Restaurant
Maya Grill
Raglan Road

Here are a few restaurants I would be willing to consider adding to our list if we were to be eligible for free dining:

Raglan Road
1900 Park Fare (breakfast)
Princess Storybook Breakfast at Akershus
Le Cellier
Yak & Yeti
Chefs de France
The Plaza Restaurant
Liberty Tree Tavern
Cap’n Jack’s Restaurant
Tusker House
Still need to check the menus on the Signature restaurants.

The Rainforest Cafe at AK is better than the one in DTD. We like it :thumbsup2
Yak & Yeti is fantastic!
Tutto Italia was my favorite meal of the trip when we went in October 2009.
We had a GREAT dinner at LTT back in 2007. All around, just a really good experience.
The Plaza is one of my favorites.

Never ate at any of the others but we have plans to eat at Maya Grill this year since we are staying at CSR.

So, I guess, what I’m trying to say is that there are 2 forces that need to combine to make your vacation “Disney magical.” :tink: One: the Disney experience itself, the CMs, the parks, the resorts, the attractions, the whole package. :smickey: And two: you. :goodvibes You have to be the best vacationer you can be, courteous, pleasant and ready to enjoy all that is laid out before you.

I can’t say that Zig and I have always been the best vacationers around, :rolleyes1 there’s always something that gets you down or irritates you or just makes you react badly. But we always seem to have a really good time down at Disney and we’re planning on having a really good time next year too.:cheer2:

ITA! I've been reading all of these threads about people complaining about their rooms (who checks UNDER the mattress or UNDER the A/C unit or BEHIND the dresser? Not me!), or complaining about the food, or whatever the case may be. I swear, I have been to WDW 8 times and I have never found anything to complain about. I've only had 2 sub-par dining experiences but I wouldn't deem TERRIBLE... although I won't be going back to those restaurants for a while (don't worry - neither were on your lists!) I agree that "it's Disney" but in the same respect I know that they are a business. And like ANY and EVERY business, there are going to be people that take their jobs seriously and people that don't. But what really irks me is people who complain about how terrible their experience was to anyone who will listen (or read) but they never brought it up to a manager or anyone while they were actually THERE. If your room is dirty, SAY SOMETHING! The managers can't fix something if they don't know it's broken! And again, yes "it's Disney" but I don't go there expecting a 5 star meal every time we sit down to eat. As long as my food is cooked appropriately and there is nothing "foreign" in it (such as hair, bandaids, or thumbs) I'll be the first one to say it was a great meal. But hey, that's just me ;)

She is doing a line of Tink figurines for the Bradford Exchange, the first of which is called Kiss My Wings. I have seen the color artwork for this figurine, a spunky little Tink, and can't wait to see the finished piece. Jasmine will also be doing a line of Disney princesses princess:for Bradford. I have seen a black and white drawing of the first princess, Snow White. Very cute, and again I can't wait to see the finished figurine. Rather refreshing too, that the first princess was not Cinderella, though I would have preferred it be Aurora, my personal favorite. Jasmine told me the line will also include Ariel and Jasmine so perhaps we will get all the princesses not just the Fab Four.

I have not seen the Tink line but I have the Princesses. What started out as ONE line of Princesses turned into 3! I have now have THREE complete Princess collections! Each set contains Cinderella, Jasmine, Belle, Snow White, Ariel, and Aurora.

My Toy Story Mania Wii game arrived while I was at Faeriecon so my first chance to play was this past weekend. Whoa! What an addicting game.

We bought it a couple of weeks ago and found it to be...I don't know...a bit boring almost :confused3 We were really excited to play it because we love the ride so much but there was really no enthusiasm while we were playing it on the Wii. It just isn't the same to us.

Hey, signed up for the new Disney Planning DVD today. :woohoo: Not that we really need it but it helps get me in the mood. We are waiting on the MNSSHP schedule as well.
We watched the DVD a couple of weeks ago. It just gives me goosebumps watching it. I love it. The dates for the Halloween Party were posted on a thread specifically devoted to MNSSHP. I don't think they have been announced on Disney's site yet but here is the link:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=36077517&postcount=129

WDW Dining, Mouse Memo, Park Hours, and Disney List. I love the Dining and Park hours.

I have the Touch too...must....get....apps!!!!

Ok so I've officially been DISing for about 3 hours now....it's 12:30am...going to bed!

Only 192 days to go for us!

pixiepirate
04-12-2010, 08:41 AM
hello everyone! I just found your PTR - I'm also perusing the PTR boards for other people going in October 2010! We are going Oct 19 - 29, staying at CSR. Our party will consist of me, my boyfriend, and my brother - all adults, no kids! This will be my 9th trip to Disney, my DBFs 8th, and my brother's 5th.

DBF and I are really big "nerds" and he is a HUGE comic book fan! I haven't told him about the Marvel section of IOA that you guys were talking about earlier in the report....Maybe one day we will try out US and IOA but for now, we are content with WDW :)

Only 192 days to go for us!

Welcome Simba. And thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment on our PTR. I see that we will be leaving WDW the day your arrive. Our magical trip will be ending just as yours is beginning and I hope you have a wonderful time.

We stayed at CSR our first time on property and I loved it. We hope to stay there again some day. My goal is to stay at every resort at least once. (Well maybe not every resort, I think I can skip All Star Sports.) I am also hoping we can stay at AKL very soon.

Always glad to meet another Doctor Who and Torchwood fan. I'm looking forward to the debut of the new Doctor this Saturday.

pixiepirate
04-13-2010, 08:09 AM
Tuesday, Universal Studios Day 2. It will be back to Potterland first thing today too. I want to soak in all the magic I can because I donít know how long it will be before I get back. :wizard: Today we will be feasting at the Three Broomsticks for lunch. I have been reading reviews of some of the menu items and can barely stop myself from drooling. Shepherdís pie and Cornish pasties. We may have to eat here twice. And I definitely have to find room for a Cauldron Cake. Chocolate exploding with chocolate? That is magic. pixiedust: Other than that the rest of the day will be spent catching up on things we missed the previous day. Depending on how long we are at US that day we could head over to DTD in the evening. Or, if we donít feel like wandering far from the resort, we could watch the Illuminations fireworks again.

Wednesday we start doing Disney in earnest. We hope this will be our KTTK tour day. Iím sure we will stay at the park for a few hours after the tour finishes though we may have to take a break if Diís knee is acting up. We will definitely make time for the first PotC pirate: ride. We are long past the commando stage so we will be taking a break every afternoon. Itís usually just a couple of hours, time to relax, take our shoes off, put our feet up and cool off. We have done this the past two trips and it really works for us.

dzalice
04-13-2010, 11:17 AM
Since we are planning our KTTK tour on Wednesday, we already know we will be having breakfast at the resort and lunch at Columbia Harbor House. (OMG, we can make ADRs today!!! Iíd almost forgot:cool1:). Dinner will be a question.:confused3 We may want to eat at the resort again, or if we do decide on Epcot that night (which is a pretty good possibility since itís late night there:woohoo:), we can eat there. Now we have eaten at Sunshine Seasons before, and they have pretty good food, also have eaten at America, China, France, and Norway. But since this time we will be coming in the front gate (last time we stayed at Beach Club and always entered Epcot through the IG), I have suggested to Zig that we should probably stay with Sunshine Seasons, otherwise we will be walking around half of World SHowcase to get our dinner. Depending on how hungry I am, I donít think thatís going to be a good idea.:rotfl: So it will probably be either the resort or Sunshine Seasons for supper.

pixiepirate
04-16-2010, 08:22 AM
Just got off the phone with Disney Tours. Our KTTK tour is booked:yay: for Oct 13th. I'm really excited about this, it's our first tour. And now that we have that done we know we will be doing Chef Mickey on the 18th. Tonight we will try to get our ADRs booked.

pixiepirate
04-19-2010, 01:15 PM
ADRs are booked! :woohoo: We booked online Friday evening, as soon as I got home from work. It was our first attempt at online booking. It took a little time to figure out just exactly what we were doing but once we got the hang of it, it only took about 20 minutes. Has anyone else had trouble finding the ďAdd to Disney Dining CartĒ button? The white writing on the pale, pale, pale blue background was almost indistinguishable on our computer. Once we finally found that things moved along smoothly. So hereís what we have:

Friday, Oct 15th Ė Rose and Crown at 1:00 PM
Saturday, Oct 16th Ė 50s Prime Time Cafť at 12:25 PM
Monday, Oct 18th Ė Chef Mickeyís at 9:10 AM
Tuesday, Oct 19th Ė Whispering Canyon Cafť at 7:30 AM

Iím really happy about the ADR for Whispering Canyon. I was not sure we would be able to get anything earlier than 8:00. We have made it a tradition to have breakfast at Whispering Canyon Cafť on our departure day. Breakfast at 7:30 means we can get on the road that much earlier.:car:

pixiepirate
04-20-2010, 01:13 PM
OK, time to get on with the calendar. Thursday is Magic Kingdom day. I like to hit early EMH. Itís a good time to do all the attractions in Fantasyland and about the only time we ride Peter Pan. We are also planning to go to MNSSHP Thursday night. We think it might be less crowded than going on Sunday.

We have scheduled Epcot on Friday, at least during the day. We will be doing Rose and Crown for lunch and are considering the possibility of Sunshine Seasons for breakfast. I guess that will depend on how much we want to get done that day. If we think we might need the extra time it would be better to eat at CBR before heading to the park. We are going to try to avoid the F&W Festival crowds on the weekends so we will be heading over to MK in the evening.

Saturday will be our first opportunity to take advantage of early EMH at HS. Usually we are either arriving or departing on Saturday and never have the chance. We will be having lunch at Prime Time Cafť, one of our newly discovered favorites. We ate here for the first time on our Sep 08 trip and really enjoyed the food and the experience so now we try to make that one of our table service treats. MK is having a late night on Saturday so we will be back over there for the evening.

pixiepirate
04-21-2010, 01:14 PM
Sunday is going to be Animal Kingdom day. :simba: We were hoping to avoid early EMH here as our first experience with that found the park to be exceptionally crowded. Last trip we chose a non-EMH day and the crowds were much more manageable. Unfortunately, the way the schedule has worked out for this trip, we arenít going to be able to avoid EMH day.

AK is usually a shorter day for us so we will have a bit of time to relax back at the resort. Maybe we will actually make it to the spa this time. We say we are going to every trip but havenít made it yet. We will probably head for Downtown Disney in the evening. Di likes to be sure she hasnít missed any shopping opportunities.

Monday morning itís breakfast with Chef Mickey. ::MickeyMo This will be our first time at this character meal and I am really looking forward to it. We have a 9:10 ressie so we will be able to sleep in a bit.

Then we are going to attempt something we have not tried before, 3 parks in one day. We will head to MK after breakfast to ride PotC pirate:and HM one last time, plus any other rides, attractions and shopping we might want to do. Then itís over to Epcot for the same thing. We will take our usual afternoon break, perhaps a little later than usual depending on how much we still want to finish. HS had late EMH Monday night and we hope to make it over there for part of the evening. How long that will be will depend on how much packing we still have left to do. I would also like to be back pretty early as we have a long travel day the next day.

dzalice
04-21-2010, 03:09 PM
Hey shopping is good for you and the economy and shopping at Disney is even better. :cool1:I got an email from Disney the other day about buying new Marvel shirts. I am actually looking forward to buying my Disney Marvel shirt to wear to Universal's Islands of Adventure.:lmao: We are even going to get a locker at Epcot to store all the packages we (notice how I said we;)) will be getting at MK. But Epcot is my favorite shopping venue, Mitsukoshi Dept Store, here I come!:woohoo:

pixiepirate
04-22-2010, 01:51 PM
Tuesday will be our last day at WDW. :sad1: We will be up bright and early (well, early anyway) to finish packing and load up the car before heading over to Wilderness Lodge for our early ADR at Whispering Canyon Cafť. Then it will be time to hit the road. :drive: I will be hoping for good driving weather so we won't be too late getting home on Wednesday because it will be back to work on Thursday.

dzalice
04-22-2010, 02:32 PM
Actually I was really surprised about the 7:30am ADR at Whispering Canyon, I didnt think they opened that early. Well at least we can get breakfast done and on the road early. Last year when we went in March, we took 2 1/2 days to go down to WDW, and back again, and after breakfast at Whispering Canyon we went over to DTD and spent way too much time there. We were supposed to leave by 1pm to be on the road home, I dont think we left til after 2pm. I hate not being on time.

pixiepirate
04-29-2010, 08:19 AM
Party Time! Just called for our MNSSHP tickets. We will be going Thursday, October 14th. Hope to see some other Dissers there. Guess it's time to start working on that costume.:)

pixiepirate
05-06-2010, 08:30 AM
I probably should have posted this a couple of days ago but I've been fighting a cold and it's really been wearing me down.:sick: I have to say how disappointed I was to learn free dining only runs to Oct 2nd, just one week before we leave. :sad1: I was really really hoping we would finally be able to take advantage of this offer. Let's keep our fingers crossed that Disney decides to extend the offer. Di and I are working on additional table services options just in case.

dzalice
05-06-2010, 12:28 PM
Yes, I think we have 3 more tables set for sure, Yak and Yeti, Liberty Tree Tavern and Ragland Road. However, we are going to need 9 if they go with Free Dining for our stay, and we only have a total of 7 now. So we still need 2 more and it's starting to be a real hard decision. Well, here's hoping we will need to make that decision.

pixiepirate
05-12-2010, 01:27 PM
Our MNSSHP tickets arrived in the mail the other day. I must say I was a bit disappointed that they did not have a Halloween theme. I thought I remembered that from our 2008 trip but I coould be wrong. But wouldn't it be cool if they had the hitchhiking ghost from HM on them? Instead we have Minnie and Pluto.

dzalice
05-12-2010, 01:56 PM
Wow, that means we have our room, our ADRS, our park hoppers and our MNSSHP tickets!:cool1: Guess we'd better start looking into Universal tickets so we can get over to Harry Potterlandpixiedust:

dzalice
05-20-2010, 12:12 PM
Oh no! :scared1: Say it ain't so, Joe! No Small World for us this time! Whatever shall we do!?! This is so sad, we are not really Small World fanatics (especially after reading that part of the first Kingdom Keepers book), but the ride was usually not so crowded and it was good for a nice cool relaxing rest. Sigh Well maybe we will be lucky and they will finish their refurb early.:goodvibes

dzalice
06-14-2010, 09:06 AM
And now we get the word that One Man's Dream is going down for refurb while we are there.:scared1: *sigh* Wow, the attractions are dropping like flies. We dont usually have a lot to do at DHS, since we dont like the thrill rides, so we always make time for this. I wonder what the refurb is going to be. I hope they dont change the movie, I love the movie,:lovestruc it always makes me teary-eyed. I guess we will have more time to stand in line for Toy Story Mania.:woohoo:

Oh, I see it's been a while since i posted here.:guilty: Sorry, I have been over on the Universal threads, trying to get info on Harry Potterland. :wizard:I still would like to know how IOA and the Studios compare in size to Disney.

dzalice
06-14-2010, 09:10 AM
Oh by the way:

WAY TO GO, BLACKHAWKS!!!:cool1:

2_Eagle_Mom
06-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Hi,

I hadn't heard about One Man's Dream being down. DANG! But on the plus side did you hear about the new carmel shop in Germany? YUMMM!

dzalice
06-15-2010, 01:55 PM
Hi,

I hadn't heard about One Man's Dream being down. DANG! But on the plus side did you hear about the new carmel shop in Germany? YUMMM!
I did not know about the new caramel shop, what will they be having, just candy? I see you are going down about a week ahead of us. We will be looking forward to your reports of the F&W festival.

2_Eagle_Mom
06-16-2010, 12:44 AM
Check out this page for info about the Carmel shop (http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/Theme_Parks_Attractions/New_caramel_shop_set_for_Germany_pavilion_in_Epcot .htm)

We'll be taking a computer so hopefully I'll have time to post some info while we are there.

Sorry - didn't mean to hijack the thread...

pixiepirate
06-16-2010, 08:13 AM
Thanks for the info, 2 Eagle Mom. I just checked in out. Sounds yummy. I hope they have the soft caramel. Though I probably shouldn't eat any of it if I want to keep my fillings.:)

dzalice
06-22-2010, 08:59 AM
So Harry Potter:wizard: is now officially open, and WOW! I am glad we are waiting til October to go there. :eek: It looks like it will be very cool, but since we arent going to ride any of the rides, I hope it wont take hours just to get into the land. We do plan on doing the Forbidden Journey queue, but not ride, so I guess we'd better plan on a couple of hours for that. I know I want a wand from Olivander's and I think Zig does too, so we will be over there. We will be lunching at Three Broomsticks and trying the pumpkin juice and butterbeer. But, all in all, I think we will spend most of our time soaking up the atmosphere.:woohoo:

pixiepirate
07-06-2010, 01:34 PM
I am so disappointed!:sad1: Free dining finally gets extended to the end of the year and our dates are blacked out. I guess it's just not our luck to eat free at Disney as we missed out in 2008 as well. I do still have to call about our room request, maybe I will get a huge surprise and there will be a pin code attached to our account. Keeping my fingers crossed.

pixiepirate
07-13-2010, 01:47 PM
Double digits at last! 89 days!!!.:cool1: I guess itís time to get busy on the list of things I still need to purchase before we leave or, as usual, I will be running around at the last minute. I called Disney Travel this morning to put in a request for an upper floor room. I checked but no pin codes for us. :sad1: I keep reminding myself that we got a great deal last trip, with an upgrade to the Beach Club resort which made it even better. Oh well, speculating about free dining or an upgrade to the Poly or AKL was fun while it lasted.:)

pixiepirate
07-14-2010, 01:13 PM
Besides the To Buy list, I also have a To Do list. And at the top of that list is making envelopes for Mousekeeping. Iím something of a theme person so I want to coordinate the envelopes with the pirate adventure/Caribbean theme of the trip. Iíve spent some time over the last month hitting the local stamp store, the Archiverís Store, and Michaels. This past weekend I had the opportunity to go to a stamp show. Iím afraid I didnít have much luck finding any pirate themed paper. It seems that trend is passť now. But I did have some stashed away that I had purchased previously and I found a few more patterns that would work. I did find a couple of Jack Sparrow stamps at the show. Wonder if I could find a use for those? :) I want to do a couple of magical themed envelopes for our Harry Potter/Universal days plus some sort of Halloween theme for our MNSSHP day. I have some ideas percolating, I just need to find the time to get started on them. I will try to post some photos when I get something whipped together

pixiepirate
07-19-2010, 09:17 AM
:bday: Di!

:cake:

pixiepirate
07-23-2010, 01:30 PM
We saw the Sorcerer's Apprentice a few days ago. What a fun movie! I was afraid to get my hopes up after being a little disappointed in The Last Airbender. No disappointment here. Good story, great effects, well thought out magic and a ton of action. Go see it. :thumbsup2

pixiepirate
07-26-2010, 01:27 PM
I started our itineraries at the Disney site last week. I still haven't figured out why I have to do the first day half a dozen times before I get it right. :laughing: I've got the hang of it now but I still have about 6 days to go. I'm trying to be a little more detailed this trip, though all the times are very rough estimates. We don't actually use the itineraries in the parks but I find them very useful for making notes for my journal. I never seem to have time to actually write anything while I am on vacation so i always have to play catch up when I get back.:)

dzalice
07-27-2010, 08:40 AM
Yes, Zig's in charge of all the paperwork for our trips. I'm in charge of clothing. I like to sew, and usually find time to make new shirts for our Disney trips. I try to coordinate with the parks, while Zig likes to have a clothing theme. This year her theme is PIRATES! (of course), so i made her a pair of pirate pj pants to take with. I like to mix things up more. So far i have shirts for MK, AK, and Epcot, but I am still stuck on Harry Potterland and DHS. Well, back to Joann's for more fabric i guess.

pixiepirate
08-04-2010, 01:18 PM
I ordered our US tickets last week and they arrived yesterday. I think all that's left of the main planning is to order our photopass before we leave. There's still packing lists to check and provisions to buy. And I still have not started on the mousekeeping envleopes. Well no one can say I am not a master of procrastination. :rotfl2:

pixiepirate
08-18-2010, 08:29 AM
We got it!:thumbsup2 Just got off the phone with Disney and we got the $300 gift card applied to our reservation. Great! That takes care of the table service meals. In fact, we are adding another, Yak And Yeti and AK. Will try to make that ADR this weekend.:)

dzalice
08-18-2010, 09:19 AM
Oh joy Oh joy. I always like getting some sort of perk from Disney, it just makes the trip more magical.:wizard: We were planning on eating at the Yak and Yeti counter service anyway, so this will be our first time venturing into the restaurant itself. We have less than 60 days to go, it's so exciting.:goodvibes

pixiepirate
08-23-2010, 01:37 PM
We tried on Thursday for an ADR at Yak & Yet. No luck. :sad1: The only available time was 2PM, just a little to late for us. But we will check back later to see if anything opens up.

dzalice
08-24-2010, 09:03 AM
Well we've tried several times for Yak & Yeti, but no luck. We are going to see about a reservation at Ragland Road on that Sunday night. We have always wanted to eat there, mmmmm fish and chips. Zig's looking forward to the Shepherd's Pie. Let's hope we can get in there.

pixiepirate
08-25-2010, 01:36 PM
Change in plans. Yak and Yeti is out. Raglan Road is in. Just made an ADR for dinner on Sunday night. :thumbsup2 I have been wanting to try this place for awhile.

pixiepirate
08-30-2010, 01:31 PM
Here's what the Farmer's Almanac has to say about the weather for our stay:

Oct 8 -11 Heavy rains :scared1: Clearing :) Quite cool

Oct 12 - 15 Pleasant :thumbsup2

Oct 16 - 19 Cold rain :eek: then fair :)

At least our main touring week is supposed to be pleasant. It will be interesting to see what kind of weather we actually have.

pixiepirate
09-09-2010, 01:20 PM
Our Disney packet arrive on Saturday.:woohoo: We are ready to go! Well, no we're not.:laughing: I still need to order the photopass. Di needs to finish the Halloween costumes. I have started on the mousekeeping envelopes but have only finished 2. Only 7 more to go. But having that confirmation in hand makes things seem so much closer than they are. Here's hoping this last month flies by.

2_Eagle_Mom
09-09-2010, 10:39 PM
Oh my, thank you so much for mentioning PhotoPass! I completely forgot to order ours. That would have been REALLY bad. Going to do it right now!

pixiepirate
09-10-2010, 08:23 AM
Would you believe someone on the boards reminded me last week and I still have not ordered ours? The packet contained a special photopass card to register and I keep forgetting it when I go online. Hopefully I will get organized enough this weekend to get it done. I just bought an iTouch a couple of weeks ago and last night I finally had time to search out some Disney apps to download. Now I need to fill in our ADR #s and calendar. I guess I won't have to worry about keeping busy until it's time to leave. It's off to the mall tomorrow for a new watch battery for my pirate watch and a trip to the Disney store for Halloween trick or treat bags.

dzalice
09-10-2010, 09:02 AM
Yes, i am still working on the Halloween costumes, but not much more to do. And only 2 more shirts to sew. We like to coordinate our wardrobes with our trips, so this year Zig is doing the pirate shirt thing, since we are staying in the Pirate rooms at CBR. I am doing more of a primary/bright colored shirt thing, but i like to sew, so i always make new shirts for Disney. Last year, i had made a camp shirt out of material that had pirate treasure maps on it. I wore it when we went to see the Fairies and Tink was very much concerned that i was letting everyone know where the treasure was buried.:rotfl: I am rather proud of myself, usually i have half my wardrobe to finish by this time and this year i am almost done:cool1: OMG, we are less than 30 days out.:woohoo:

dzalice
09-21-2010, 08:58 AM
Wow, we are in the teens now. :banana:I can hardly wait. I cant believe it was almost a year ago that i started this pre trip report.:surfweb: And now it's almost time to go. We are almost ready, just a few more munchies to buy for the trip and then the all-important packing. But first, we are doing our semi annual stamping party next weekend, so this week is all about cleaning the basement, which is especially messy this time, since i have been down there sewing for the last 3 months. There is fabric and patterns all over the place, i have to start cleaning up. Once that's done, we will be all set to go. Got our ADRs, and our tickets and our packet came in last week, so we are good to go. :cool1:

dzalice
10-07-2010, 09:39 AM
OMG:goodvibes It's almost time, just a couple more days and we will be on our way. Been extra busy the last 2 weeks, getting ready, but now the packing is almost done and we've made our last arrangements. Cant want to get on the road on Saturday (3am :scared1:). We are heading for McDonough that day, then Sunday we will be in the World:dance3: We've got Harry Potter, Keys to the Kingdom tour, MNSSHP and a bunch of ADRs to look forward to. Yippee!:woohoo: