PDA

View Full Version : Eating places near east midlands airport

Nitram64
10-01-2009, 09:33 AM
Hi all as the title,have heard of the otter has anyone got any places to go. :)

Clare D
10-01-2009, 01:22 PM
Hi, how near to the Airport are you looking? Do you have kids or is it just adults only? I only live about 20 mins away so I have plenty of recommendations within a short drive from the airport.

Nitram64
10-01-2009, 03:07 PM
Hi, how near to the Airport are you looking? Do you have kids or is it just adults only? I only live about 20 mins away so I have plenty of recommendations within a short drive from the airport.

We are staying at holiday inn very close to airport.Just adults and we don't mind driving.The only place iv'e heard of is the otter in kegworth have you been to it? Would appreciate any recommendations thanks.

Clare D
10-01-2009, 03:20 PM
Hi, sorry haven't been to it but I can recommend the Nags Head in Castle Donington (there are reviews on google). It is only about 5 mins away from the airport and the food is very good. If you fancy a curry the Melbourne Arms is very good and Melbourne is only about 10 mins from the airport. You turn right at the main airport drive to get to both recommendations.
Have a great trip

Nitram64
10-01-2009, 03:33 PM
Thanks will have a look at the nags head.Like a curry but not before a 9 hour flight.Does the nags head have a website,do i need to book and whats the price range.Sorry to ask so many questions. :thumbsup2

Goofyish
10-01-2009, 03:56 PM
The Nags head is good - it has new owners but still does good meals. It's only a small pub just on the right as you enter the village from the direction of the airport and race track.

If you want to dine somewhere really special there is the Priest House Hotel just outside Castle Donnington village:

http://www.handpickedhotels.co.uk/hotels/Priest-House/

Nitram64
10-01-2009, 04:14 PM
Will have a look thanks :)

Clare D
10-03-2009, 07:59 AM
Can't see a site as such for the Nags Head. They are more of a bistro pub than your fun pub type.
The Priest House is lovely if you want to start your holiday in style.
There is also a good pub in Kings Newton which is only a short drive away from the airport but I can't remember the name.
If you want somewhere local for some good British grub I think the Nags is good and it isn't over pricey.

Nitram64
10-03-2009, 08:16 AM
Thanks for you help. :thumbsup2