PDA

View Full Version : Flight delayed for 4 hours

meldobe
09-30-2009, 01:21 AM
:( Soooo disapointed im up and ready to get going and got a text from virgin saying flight delayed til 4pm :sad2::sad2:
lucky my sister hadn't woken her little boy before i text her, she is scared of flying though and is now very anxious about the plane! im trying to reassure her and hide my dissapointment at missing out on a few hours of my holiday.

JohnnySharp2
09-30-2009, 03:04 AM
Sorry to hear about that, but sometimes there are genuine reasons for delays. Better to set off safely that's the main thing.

Just think about the holiday that awaits. :)

Twilight Terror
09-30-2009, 09:10 AM
We've had several delays in the past, and they haven't been serious. One year we were delayed because our plane was coming from Jamaica, and a hurricane was sitting right on Jamaica, so planes were grounded for several hours, meaning our plane was delayed in leaving there, and thus arriving in the UK.

Then, another year, they had difficulties with the entertainment system and were trying to fix it, but it wasn't working. We were all boarded, although late, and they were still trying to fix it while all the loading sheets and stuff were done.

In the end, the pilot made the decision to stop with the entertainment system fixing, and made an announcement to the cabin saying he thought we would all prefer to get going to Orlando and suffer the few channels they had working than wait around until all the channels were fix, which could be hours. Everyone cheered, so he made the right decision there! ;)

natalielongstaff
09-30-2009, 10:20 AM
Hope you are on your way now :)

Obi Wan Kenobi
09-30-2009, 12:42 PM
VS 15 took off at 16:06, est arr time 19:53

zippy99
10-02-2009, 08:06 AM
Nice for you to do that update Obi - at least the 4 hour delay did not become a 20hour delay like mine did in september.

meldobe
10-03-2009, 03:00 PM
Am pleased to say that as Obi said we took off at 16.00 and after a great flight where my little nephew was sooo good - we thought he would be terrible on the flight! we had a mix up with our bags but eventually made it to our room at cbr for 11ish. we met mickey on thursday and now every day Pheonix keeps asking to see him again!