PDA

View Full Version : Hey Mom, Do I get to be the line leader again? A PTR…(My TR has started! - 6/1)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Brave teacher
09-29-2009, 08:27 PM
So what do you do when your kids have their best trip to Disney World ever and want to go back now? You plan another trip! :cool1:

I have lurked on several pre-trip reports in the past. I have even commented on a few. I have said that I would take on this task of writing one for myself. Finally, I will complete that task. Behold my very first pre-trip report.

In this PTR, you will learn about my family, our upcoming trip, and a little bit of flashing back to our previous trips.

So knowing this, I invite you all to grab a snack, maybe a beverage of sorts, and come along for the ride.

Introduction

Let me introduce you to our cast.

My name is Megan. I am a 30 year old wife and mother. I am a high school Free Enterprise teacher. My first trip to WDW was when I was 3 years old. I fell off of a safety swing while wearing my wet swimsuit before the safety bar was in place and broke my jaw. My mom felt so guilty since she was the one who pulled the swing back too early that she asked me what she could do to make me feel better once I got out of surgery. My response? I want to go to WDW. A new love was born on that trip. Since I am the second of five children, WDW was always then out of my parents’ price range to return with all of us again.

My DH is Bryan. He is 32 years old and is a local small business owner. He did not start out with the same love for WDW as I did. When we got married, he agreed to go to WDW for our honeymoon. However, he said that he was okay without going back again until we had children after that trip. We brought our first son in 2006 while I was pregnant, and he fell in love on our first day.

My oldest son is named Samuel. He is six years old and in kindergarten. When we brought him to WDW in 2006, the idea was that he would get to have one trip as just the three of us since I was 5 months pregnant with my second son at that time. He was hooked within the first hour of our first day. I remember watching the look of awe on his face watching Festival of the Lion King for the first time. He was just amazed. That has been his one favorite show in all of WDW from that day. Sam is the cautious child.

My youngest son is named Cooper. He just turned three and hopes for the day that he gets his spider powers like Spiderman. Yes, my child hopes to be bitten by a spider one day soon (specifically a blue and red spider). Sometimes my DH and I swear that he is allergic to WDW. He has been there 3 times and two of those times he ended up at Centra Care. The doctor actually remembered us a year after the first visit. He has his fingers crossed that he grows 3 inches by the time our trip rolls around. He is itching to ride Test Track and Big Thunder. He is my thrill seeker.

And, just so you have a visual to go with all of that, here is a picture of us from the first day of our last trip this summer.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00839_edited-1.jpg

Here’s to hoping the readers show up!

disneyaddicted
09-30-2009, 02:39 AM
Hi Megan. I'll read along with this PTR. I can't wait to hear some plans. When ya going? Where ya staying?

You're boys are super cute. I kinda want Cooper to get his spidey powers but yet I don't want him to get bit by a spider. Kids are funny.

Ty

Brave teacher
09-30-2009, 06:14 AM
Hi Megan. I'll read along with this PTR. I can't wait to hear some plans. When ya going? Where ya staying?

You're boys are super cute. I kinda want Cooper to get his spidey powers but yet I don't want him to get bit by a spider. Kids are funny.

Ty

Yeah! I have someone reading! All the details are coming up. Thanks for the compliment on the boys. I tend to think they are cute as well, but I am somewhat biased. He is still searching for that spider though. He certainly likes to try to do super spider jumps as he calls him. I am constantly pulling Cooper off of furniture because he is trying to "jump far like Spider-Man".

topdog
09-30-2009, 06:22 AM
Hey! I found you. I am in. You have a great looking family.

Please tell Cooper "Great power comes with great responsibilities!" ;)

Coach81
09-30-2009, 07:07 AM
You KNOW I'm here!!! Can't wait to read more!!!!

popcorn::

LuckyDuck
09-30-2009, 03:38 PM
I followed your link from the May 2010 thread. We're going to be there May 5-12 for our first trip! I'm looking forward to reading all about your trip plans. :goodvibes

Brave teacher
09-30-2009, 04:51 PM
Hey! I found you. I am in. You have a great looking family.

Please tell Cooper "Great power comes with great responsibilities!" ;)

Thanks for hopping on to read! I certainly will let him know. I am sure his response will be "That's what Peter Parker's Uncle Ben says".

You KNOW I'm here!!! Can't wait to read more!!!!

popcorn::

I was curious to see how long it would take for you to come this way. You'll show up a time or two. Now where is your wife?

I followed your link from the May 2010 thread. We're going to be there May 5-12 for our first trip! I'm looking forward to reading all about your trip plans. :goodvibes

Thanks for joining in over here! Gosh! I remember my first trip as an adult with Bryan. I had so much fun! I can't wait to share all of my plans with you.

I'll post the next installment in a few minutes. I need to go clean up a little. My dog just threw up on my floor. Fun stuff, huh!:sad2:

Brave teacher
09-30-2009, 06:38 PM
Dog vomit is all clean, so I can now post this update.

The Details Begin
As a gift for Mother’s Day last year, my DH bought me a 200 point DVC contract. Our home resort is AKV (specifically Kidani Village). I was beyond ecstatic that day. Our points were not available for usage until this May, so we were given developer points to use in the meantime. We took our first DVC trip to SSR in February for Mardi Gras. Our second trip was in May/June this year staying at our new home. We absolutely fell in love as we pulled up to the resort.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00741.jpg

Before that first DVC trip in February had occurred, we had decided that our next trip after the summer one would be during February again in 2010. We knew that Mardi Gras fell the same week as President’s Week, but we thought that since we had plans to go every year using our points the crowds didn’t matter. We booked our trip for February 13th-19th staying in a one bedroom savannah view at Kidani Village. Everyone was happy, and we would get another trip on our annual passes.

So, what happened?

Coach81
10-01-2009, 08:51 AM
I love AKV!!! Nice shot of you and the boys...

*Raising hand*.. I know.. I know.. I know what happened!!!!

Brave teacher
10-01-2009, 04:40 PM
I love AKV!!! Nice shot of you and the boys...

*Raising hand*.. I know.. I know.. I know what happened!!!!

Thanks! I know you know what happened. A lot of this you will already know. You, Alisa, and the boys might even show up at one time or another. BTW, I am taking a personal day tomorrow. There's a family picnic at St. Bernadette, so I will be going to Sam's school for some time tomorrow.

Brave teacher
10-01-2009, 04:45 PM
As we were watching Randy's DVD from the trip this past summer for the 5,oooth time, Sam asked if he would be tall enough to go on Crush'N Gusher with Bryan. I whipped out the tape measure. Sam is measuring in at 45.5" tall barefoot. Cooper is 37" barefoot (38" in his tennis shoes/crocs). Both of my boys have high hopes of going on certain attractions with height requirements. I have a feeling Cooper will reach that 40" mark easily, but Sam is a toss up. He'll be fine as long as he hits a growth spurt sometime between now and the end of May. Keeping our fingers crossed over here.

wdwgirl03
10-02-2009, 07:02 AM
Saw your post on someone else's TR and decided to come on over. What a great Mother's Day gift! DVC is awesome...our home resort is SSR. So cool yours is AKV/Kidani Village! We might be staying there in April if everything works out. :thumbsup2

That is funny your youngest son is the thrill seeker. That's exactly how my youngest sister is! The first time she went on BTMRR she came off screaming and crying because she wanted to go on again! :laughing: It's because of her we've all gotten a little bit braver and done all the bigger thrill rides.

Coach81
10-02-2009, 07:15 AM
Glad the boys are enjoying the Vacation DVD!!! I made it for just that reason! That and the classic shot of you coming down the slide.. but I digress....

Waiting for more.....

Brave teacher
10-02-2009, 03:59 PM
Saw your post on someone else's TR and decided to come on over. What a great Mother's Day gift! DVC is awesome...our home resort is SSR. So cool yours is AKV/Kidani Village! We might be staying there in April if everything works out. :thumbsup2

That is funny your youngest son is the thrill seeker. That's exactly how my youngest sister is! The first time she went on BTMRR she came off screaming and crying because she wanted to go on again! :laughing: It's because of her we've all gotten a little bit braver and done all the bigger thrill rides.

Thanks for stopping by to read up on our next trip! I total agree. It was a FABULOUS gift. Bryan got lots of brownie popints for that one. We stayed at SSR for Mardi Gras. We thought it was a very nice resort, but we like everything under one roof. As far as Cooper being the thrill-seeker, Bryan thinks it is partially our fault. We were very cautious with Sam since he was the first child. When we had Cooper, we were much more lenient with things because of our experience. Sam is getting braver every trip though.

Glad the boys are enjoying the Vacation DVD!!! I made it for just that reason! That and the classic shot of you coming down the slide.. but I digress....

Waiting for more.....

There's enjoying the video, and there's being obssessed with the video. Cooper asks to see "Mr. Randy's video game" every day when I pick him up from school. We will not discuss that picture everytime we mention the video.

Next update coming...

Brave teacher
10-02-2009, 04:12 PM
Bryan and I began looking at our restaurant picks for ADRs and talking about what we wanted to do this trip. In the midst of this discussion, Samuel mentioned to Bryan that he really wanted to go back to Blizzard Beach again this trip. Now, we have gone to WDW twice in February. One of those trips it was just as hot as it is in the summer. The second trip was cool in the morning and warm in the afternoon – way too cool for a visit to a water park. At that point, we started looking at alternative dates for us.

We considered Easter, but we did that week in 2006. Neither one of us wanted to repeat that week again. The next option was once school let out for the summer. Looking at the school calendar, my last day of school was May 21st. Sam’s last day of Kindergarten was May 7th, so the last week of May became the most likely option for us. The bonus for us…we had some friends that were going during the very same week. :thumbsup2 We have spent time with these friends for the last three trips. They have a son the same age as Sam, so it just made sense.

Meet the Boquets.

Chase and Zach

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00842.jpg

Randy with Cooper at the MK at RD (That's Coach81)

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC01031.jpg

Alisa, myself, and Cooper at the Star Wars parade

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00841.jpg

The official time now – May 22nd-28th at Kidani Village in a savanna view one bedroom.:woohoo::woohoo:

Next time...where to eat...

MickeyisBeast
10-02-2009, 06:11 PM
Awesome start! Your sons are adorable!

Brave teacher
10-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Awesome start! Your sons are adorable!

Thanks for both! I'll have to go check out your TR and PTR as well. Thanks for reading!

Brave teacher
10-02-2009, 08:11 PM
We ordered our tickets this evening for us to go watch Toy Story in New Orleans tomorrow. I was talking to Cooper earlier. I asked him where we were going tomorrow. He started saying "Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Mickey's House, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom Lodge." Every day since our last trip, Cooper talks about going back to WDW and what he wants to do once he gets there. I think he may be just as obssessed as I am.:rolleyes1

disneyaddicted
10-03-2009, 12:55 AM
Wow! DVC points as a gift. I am jealous. My dream is to be a DVC member. I have talked to DH about it, he said he would feel like we have to go to Disney all the time then. ummm. Duh! We woul have to go to Disney all the time, isn't that the point of owning DVC?
He will never understand my love for Disney. I tried to comapre it to his love for Penn State. He just shrugged!

Brave teacher
10-03-2009, 10:17 PM
Wow! DVC points as a gift. I am jealous. My dream is to be a DVC member. I have talked to DH about it, he said he would feel like we have to go to Disney all the time then. ummm. Duh! We woul have to go to Disney all the time, isn't that the point of owning DVC?
He will never understand my love for Disney. I tried to comapre it to his love for Penn State. He just shrugged!

That is a somewhat redundant statement. I git excited with my DVC since I could go as often as I wanted to at the time. Sometimes, there are things that a husband will not understand.;)

Brave teacher
10-03-2009, 10:23 PM
So, we went to New Orleans this morning since that was the place with the closest theatre showing Toy Story 1 & 2 in 3D. The boys were so excited to go watch it at the theatre. It did not matter that they had seen the movie who knows how many times. Toy Story 2 was the better movie for the 3D effects. I told Bryan I know I have high expectations because at certain times I expected things to happen like wind or what not because of the 3D shows in WDW. The movies certainly brought the boys' love of Buzz and Woody to the forefront again. Cooper is sleeping with both Woodys and bothe Buzz Lightyears in his bed tonight. I am trying to get a picture of him cuddling with Woody, but he woke up when I went in with the camera.:hug:

I will post another update tomorrow. Coming up - where to eat...

Thanks to all who are reading even if you are not posting.:thumbsup2

disneyaddicted
10-03-2009, 11:26 PM
I told Bryan I know I have high expectations because at certain times I expected things to happen like wind or what not because of the 3D shows in WDW. The movies certainly brought the boys' love of Buzz and Woody to the forefront again. Cooper is sleeping with both Woodys and bothe Buzz Lightyears in his bed tonight. I am trying to get a picture of him cuddling with Woody, but he woke up when I went in with the camera.:hug:

Thanks to all who are reading even if you are not posting.:thumbsup2:lmao:Disney has spoiled you. I'm sure one day there movies will include wind and smells, just like they do at WDW.

Toy Story is my DH's favorite Disney movie. I bet I could get him to take me to see it in 3-D. I need to find out where it's playing around here.

That would have been a cute picture of Cooper. We eat that up on the Dis.

wdwgirl03
10-04-2009, 08:08 AM
So, we went to New Orleans this morning since that was the place with the closest theatre showing Toy Story 1 & 2 in 3D. The boys were so excited to go watch it at the theatre. It did not matter that they had seen the movie who knows how many times. Toy Story 2 was the better movie for the 3D effects. I told Bryan I know I have high expectations because at certain times I expected things to happen like wind or what not because of the 3D shows in WDW. The movies certainly brought the boys' love of Buzz and Woody to the forefront again. Cooper is sleeping with both Woodys and bothe Buzz Lightyears in his bed tonight. I am trying to get a picture of him cuddling with Woody, but he woke up when I went in with the camera.:hug:

Thanks to all who are reading even if you are not posting.:thumbsup2

Sounds fun, we are going to see Toy Story today! It's going to be like a blast from the past since I remember seeing it when it first came out...I was 10 years old!

Brave teacher
10-04-2009, 03:01 PM
:lmao:Disney has spoiled you. I'm sure one day there movies will include wind and smells, just like they do at WDW.

Toy Story is my DH's favorite Disney movie. I bet I could get him to take me to see it in 3-D. I need to find out where it's playing around here.

That would have been a cute picture of Cooper. We eat that up on the Dis.

Disney has certainly spoiled me. We did mention that in our conversation though. Eventually movies will have effects for your senses other than visual. Good luck with getting DH to take you to go watch Toy Story. It was nice going watch it again. Plus, the bonus was the preview of TS3. ANdy goes to college! I did end up getting the picture. I just have to upload it to my computer.:thumbsup2

Sounds fun, we are going to see Toy Story today! It's going to be like a blast from the past since I remember seeing it when it first came out...I was 10 years old!

Have fun going see the movie.

It is football time in my house today. DH has friends over to watch some games today, including Coach81. I'll post another update soon.

pocahontasgal87
10-04-2009, 08:14 PM
Hi im here!!! weeeeeeeeeee looking forward to hearing all of ur plans!
BTW ur family is sooooo Adorable!!

disneyaddicted
10-05-2009, 12:06 AM
Andy goes to college?! I can't wait to see it when it comes out. Do you think DHS made a Toy Story ride because of TS3? Or did they make TS3 because DHS did THe Toy Story ride?

Coach81
10-05-2009, 07:39 AM
Wow. that Coach guy is HOT!!! :)

Lovin' it!!!

Brave teacher
10-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Wow. that Coach guy is HOT!!! :)

Lovin' it!!!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Brave teacher
10-05-2009, 06:35 PM
Due to some events going on with me at work. I really need to stick to these boards for some good news. So with that, LET'S TALK ABOUT FOOD!

The big question everyone has at least once when planning their trip is where we will be eating. That question came up while we were on vacation this summer. We have some favorites just like most regular visitors.

Every year, I approach my DH with the restaurant question a couple of months before my ADR window opens. This year he forgot to tell me one place because he just assumed I would book it. Well, he became very upset when he realized we weren’t going there. Oh well, he needs to tell me these things when I ask.

Our must do restaurants:

Sanaa – We loved this restaurant this summer. The boys were amazed with the animals lurking outside the window while we ate even though they had a balcony just upstairs where they could watch the animals. BTW, the food is fabulous here too.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00898.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00905.jpg

Ohana – We finally got around here this summer. DH immediately put this on our must do list for every trip. The boys had watched Night at the Museum 2 right before we left. Well, they were beside themselves that we were seated right next to an Easter Island head. Sam wanted to take his picture with Dum-Dum, and Cooper wanted to give him some gum-gum.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00997_edited-1.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC01002.jpg

Whispering Canyon Café – This is the one I forgot this summer. DH loves the skillet.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/th_MOV00403.jpg (http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/?action=view&current=MOV00403.flv)

Chef Mickey’s – This is our traditional last supper. This is the meal where the boys have the opportunity to tell Mickey and his pals good bye before we leave the next morning. I began taking a picture of the boys in the steel ears behind the Contemporary a few years ago. That way we could see the boys grow as the years go by.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00576.jpg

What else then?

This trip we plan to do Donald’s Safari Breakfast once again. The boys loved it last time. Plus, I love getting that 8:05 AM ADR.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00145.jpg

This trip we are planning to try Le Cellier for the first time. However, DH is hoping this last spot will be filled by Boma again. I just want to put something in there that is new for us.

We also have plans to eat at ESPN Club, but we would pay OOP for that one. DH LOVES the nachos.

We will see how all of this pans out when I am able to make those ADRs on November 23rd.

Coach81
10-05-2009, 07:57 PM
OH yeah.. the Nachos are a MUST HAVE at ESPN CLUB!!!!

Love the shot of the boys in the Mickey ears!!! Cooper is so.. cute!!!

alboq
10-05-2009, 08:06 PM
I've been lurking around. But you know I'm in. Anybody that puts me in a report has my attention.:yay:

Brave teacher
10-06-2009, 09:19 PM
I've been lurking around. But you know I'm in. Anybody that puts me in a report has my attention.:yay:

Thanks for finally popping in!

Brave teacher
10-07-2009, 08:43 PM
Not so much of an update for the trip as it is an update from real life. As I mentioned previously, I am a high school teacher. This week has been the most difficult week as a teacher I have ever experienced.:sad1:

I received a phone call SUnday afternoon while I was watching football with my DH and his friends. I was told that 4 students from my school were in a horrible car accident early that morning. Two of them were my students. There were five total boys in the car, and four of them died on impact. The fifth one needed to be transferred to New Orleans because of a severe brain injury.

Needless to say, going to work on Monday was the most difficult moment in my teaching career. I had never experienced a moment when I woul enter a classroom knowing that the student who sits in the desk in the middle of the room will never come back. It was so difficult going into the class and having the empty desk. It was such a sad moment.:sad1:

I sadly found out today that the parents of the only survivor removed him from life support since the injury to his brain was so severe he would never be able to recover. He was declared brain dead.

Part of the saddest piece of this story is that all the boys were cousins, but there were two sets of brothers. Two mothers and fathers each lost two sons in one moment.

Well, the funerals start tomorrow, and I am still unsure if I will attend the wake for a moment to pay my respects to the students who will not return to my classroom.

I hope I never have to go through this again.

wdwgirl03
10-08-2009, 06:51 AM
Oh my goodness, that is horrible! :sad2::hug: I am a teacher too and can't imagine ever having something like that happen.

topdog
10-08-2009, 07:02 AM
So sorry to hear about the death of your students and their cousins.:sad1:

Coach81
10-08-2009, 07:16 AM
Had to be tough... so tragic..

Brave teacher
10-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Oh my goodness, that is horrible! :sad2::hug: I am a teacher too and can't imagine ever having something like that happen.

So sorry to hear about the death of your students and their cousins.:sad1:

Had to be tough... so tragic..

Thanks everyone. It has been a rough time. I decided to not go to the funerals. I stayed at school today to be with the students who were unable to go.

Brave teacher
10-08-2009, 07:57 PM
After all the sadnees I have had this week, I think it is time to post something good. Here's the next update.

The second question that comes up for us always deals with our time of departure. We like to drive to WDW because we are there in about 10-11 hours and it gives us a vehicle to use on site. I hate to bus hop from resort to park to resort to get to our restaurant. This way we are able to drive straight to our dining destination within a few minutes. We have left at 4 AM in the past and get there right around check-in time. This past summer we left at midnight. It wasn’t my favorite departure time. We got to Kidani around lunch time, but our room was not ready. We did eat lunch at Mara, and our room was ready by the time we finished. Bryan was exhausted from staying up all night (he could not get comfortable in the truck), and all the boys wanted to do was try out the new pool. We decided that midnight was not the time for us again.

Right now the tentative plan is to leave on May 21st. My records day at school is on that day, so I figured we leave after Bryan gets off of work. Hopefully, he is able to get away a bit earlier in the day. We plan to drive until 11 or so if we leave around 5. If we leave around 3 when I get out of school, we plan to drive until we are about an hour or two outside of WDW. We would be at the parks before lunch time, and we get an extra day in the parks. The kink in this plan, however, is that Bryan is not completely on board with this yet. He is still hoping for 4 AM.

Next update - our tentative plans...

disneyaddicted
10-09-2009, 12:50 AM
My heart goes out to you and to the parents of the boys. I can't imagine being in that situation. My prayers are with you and the boys families.

Now, on to transporation. I vote for your idea. Leaving sooner is always better, no question!

Coach81
10-09-2009, 07:32 AM
Your hubby needs to be a sol-ja like me.. I drove all night (left at midnight), and then with NO NAP, I went straight through the next day.. and stayed up to watch "Up" in 3D with the family at 6 pm!!! Tell Bryan I said he's just got to learn to suck it up!!!!

elizablake
10-09-2009, 08:54 AM
I'm really enjoying your pre-trip report. You're family is beautiful! We have a Kindergartener also and we are planning a trip for next June. I'm excited to read your plans and see how your trip comes together.

By the way, we have left at 2:00 AM (arrive 10:00 AM) and also 8:00 PM (arrive 6:00 AM after stopping for a few hours) and those overnight trips are exhausting. I vote for leaving as early as possible in the afternoon and stopping at a hotel to sleep in a real bed. You and the boys will rest much better.

Brave teacher
10-09-2009, 08:43 PM
My heart goes out to you and to the parents of the boys. I can't imagine being in that situation. My prayers are with you and the boys families.

Now, on to transporation. I vote for your idea. Leaving sooner is always better, no question!

Thanks for your sympathies. It has certainly been a sad week at school. We really need something up lifting for these kids next week.

I agree - leave earlier. Still working on it.

Your hubby needs to be a sol-ja like me.. I drove all night (left at midnight), and then with NO NAP, I went straight through the next day.. and stayed up to watch "Up" in 3D with the family at 6 pm!!! Tell Bryan I said he's just got to learn to suck it up!!!!

I can't blame him. He play pool on Thursday nights remember. He gets home after midnight. He had to get up to be at work the next morning. He had only had about4 hours of sleep but had stayed awake over 24 hours. He couldn't nap or try to sleep late like your or I could.

I'm really enjoying your pre-trip report. You're family is beautiful! We have a Kindergartener also and we are planning a trip for next June. I'm excited to read your plans and see how your trip comes together.

By the way, we have left at 2:00 AM (arrive 10:00 AM) and also 8:00 PM (arrive 6:00 AM after stopping for a few hours) and those overnight trips are exhausting. I vote for leaving as early as possible in the afternoon and stopping at a hotel to sleep in a real bed. You and the boys will rest much better.

Hey, Thanks for joining. I found your PTR as well. I look forward to reading your plans as well.

It is rough trying to get a good night's sleep in a vehicle, especially if you do not sleep well in a car. Bryan is just having problems with my plan because he does not want to spend the money to stay in a hotel room for one night. He doesn't want to stay awake the rest of the day to go to the parks. I'll get him to come around eventually. I always do.;)

Brave teacher
10-10-2009, 02:03 PM
So, it's date night tonight! Bryan and I are going out this evening with Coach81 and his wife alboq and another couple. We are going to eat at a Thai restaurant that Bryan and I love. Coach81 and alboq are trying out Sanaa on their next trip and want to get a feel for Thai food before going. Afterwards, we are going watch Couples Retreat. We are looking forward to the night out.

Tomorrow, my mother, sister, and I are taking Sam, Cooper, and my godchild to New Orleans to watch the Imagination Movers Live in Concert. We are all looking forward to it. Gotta support the state. I love that all four of them are from Louisiana. We'll be sure to take plenty of pictures to share. Randy, have fun over here watching football without the kids.

Brave teacher
10-11-2009, 09:01 AM
Date night was a lot of fun. Couples Retreat was very funny. My goodness I haven't laughed at a movie that hard in some time. We thought the food was great as usual. I think Randy liked. Alisa, not so much...

Well, we are heading to see the Imagination Movers today in New Orleans. The boys are super excited to go and woke up around 7-7:30 this morning saying they were ready to go. Too bad we are not leaving until 12:30...The boys are very restless. They are asking every 10 minutes are so when Mimi will be here because they are tired of waiting.

Brave teacher
10-11-2009, 08:23 PM
So, mymom, sister, and godchild all got here today around 12:35 with their lunch. This meant the boys had to wait for them to eat before we could leave to go to the concert. We were out of my driveway by 1. We got to UNO just as they were letting people into the arena, right around 2. We brought everyone straight to the bathroom, and then we joined the mass of people to buy souvies. All my boys wanted were the light sticks. Luckily, a man from the stand came out into the crowd to sel LIGHT STICKS!:yay: That just cut my time. My mom got all the kids some cotton candy, and I got a couple of drinks. We found our seats and waited about 40 minutes before the show started.

Once the show started, I thought Sam would jump out of his skin. He was so excited to see them. The boys kept thinking we were going watch a movie of the Movers. It didn't help the explanation when we sat down, and they were playing some scenes from the Imagination Movers on the screen. My boys were perfectly content with that!

All in all, it was a great day! We had a great time and had a great dinner eating at one of my favorite restaurants in New Orleans - Zea's. Feel that Randy! I had some grits!!!!

I have included some pictures of the boys from the show and a video of the opening. You can actually here Sam in the video screaming "I SEE THEM! I SEE THEM!" I am so happy that I could make my boys so happy and excited today.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC01287.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC01291.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC01299.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC01304.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/th_MOV01292.jpg (http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/?action=view&current=MOV01292.flv)

disneyaddicted
10-12-2009, 01:27 AM
What are the imagination movers?

Brave teacher
10-12-2009, 06:05 AM
What are the imagination movers?

Maybe I should have explained that too huh. This is what happens when your children grow up.;)

The Imagination Movers are a band from New Orleans that sing kids songs. They have a show on Playhouse Disney. They sing, dance, and solve problems. Here's the Playhouse Disney link for you.

Imagination Movers (http://tv.disney.go.com/playhouse/imaginationmovers/index.html)

Coach81
10-12-2009, 07:13 AM
Saturday night was so much fun!!! Vince Vaughn can now make me laugh without even saying anything! Just his facial expressions floor me!!! I liked the Thai food (wow.. who would have thought that?), but to be honest..the curry was ok.. but both Alisa and I really enjoyed your dinner the most! So glad you guys had a good time with the movers.. we did the Toy Story 3D marathon yesterday.. totally liked it.. but I've had my fill of Woody and Buzz for some time now... Zach decided he wanted to eat at Red Lobster before the movie.. so we did.. it was very good..

Oh well.. back to the work week!!!

Keep the updates comin'!!!

cbg1027
10-12-2009, 05:34 PM
Well Megan, since you seem to be my only PTR follower, I figured it was well past time that I get over and start reading yours!

My nephew is 5 and sooo in to Spiderman too! Except he must think he's already been bitten, because he runs around pretending to shoot webs on everyone! :rolleyes:

I really want to try Sanaa and orginally had it planned for another trip I'm doing in December. But we ended up canceling for Restaurant Marrakesh because we thought going somewhere inside Epcot would give us a lot more time at the park since it will be our arrival day.
I am going to 'Ohana for the first time in December though.

So sorry about your students. :sad1:

Regarding your departure plans:
I know this is kind of a weird offer, but I live in Tallahassee - so I'm guessing you'll be driving right through on I-10 on your way to WDW? If you wanted, to break up the trip and not have to leave at such awful hours, you guys are welcome to either spend the night or crash for a few hours at my place. I'm about 10 minutes off I-10! There's even a few goof Thai places around here. ;)

Brave teacher
10-12-2009, 07:27 PM
Saturday night was so much fun!!! Vince Vaughn can now make me laugh without even saying anything! Just his facial expressions floor me!!! I liked the Thai food (wow.. who would have thought that?), but to be honest..the curry was ok.. but both Alisa and I really enjoyed your dinner the most! So glad you guys had a good time with the movers.. we did the Toy Story 3D marathon yesterday.. totally liked it.. but I've had my fill of Woody and Buzz for some time now... Zach decided he wanted to eat at Red Lobster before the movie.. so we did.. it was very good..

Oh well.. back to the work week!!!

Keep the updates comin'!!!

We had a great time as well. Vince Vaughn was absolutely hilariuos. Bryan and I were debating whether or not yall would actually like it before we left for the restaurant. I told Bryan he needed to make sure you understood that the curry at Emerald was more about spice, and the curry at Sanaa is more about flavor. I love pad thai as well. Bryan did not want to suggest it because he was afraid yall would dislike it like him.

I felt Toy STory overload as well when we watched it. Next update is coming.

Well Megan, since you seem to be my only PTR follower, I figured it was well past time that I get over and start reading yours!

My nephew is 5 and sooo in to Spiderman too! Except he must think he's already been bitten, because he runs around pretending to shoot webs on everyone! :rolleyes:

I really want to try Sanaa and orginally had it planned for another trip I'm doing in December. But we ended up canceling for Restaurant Marrakesh because we thought going somewhere inside Epcot would give us a lot more time at the park since it will be our arrival day.
I am going to 'Ohana for the first time in December though.

So sorry about your students. :sad1:

Regarding your departure plans:
I know this is kind of a weird offer, but I live in Tallahassee - so I'm guessing you'll be driving right through on I-10 on your way to WDW? If you wanted, to break up the trip and not have to leave at such awful hours, you guys are welcome to either spend the night or crash for a few hours at my place. I'm about 10 minutes off I-10! There's even a few goof Thai places around here. ;)

Hey Abby! I'm so glad that you could make it over my way. Those little boys sure do wish they were Spiderman. What's funny to me is that Cooper wants to be bitten so bad, but he cries when he sees a spider near him.

You need to make Sanaa appear on your list for the following trip. It really is great! Mentioning Ohana just makes my mouth drool a bit. I found some pictures on the food porn thread of that meal and I became hungry instantly.

The students are doing better this week than they were last week. They are working things out in their own way.

Thanks for offering your home Abby. I appreciate the offer.

Brave teacher
10-12-2009, 07:36 PM
We should arrive on Saturday, May 22nd with enough time to hit the parks. We would most likely hit Epcot that day.

Our first park last summer was DHS for Star Wars weekend. DH is hoping that Star Wars Weekends fall again while we are there. We all had so much fun. If Star Wars Weekends fall along the same schedule as last year, then DHS would be our park of choice for Sunday.

I have already mentioned that Sam wants to go back to Blizzard Beach. We were there last summer from the moment it opened till it closed. He had a blast. This time, we plan to do both water parks. The boys are looking forward to do this more than anything else during this trip. The plan is to hit both TL and BB on Monday and Tuesday.

We love to go to the MK on Wednesday. It has always been a nice day for us. The Thursday would be left for AK. I am hoping to get Bryan to agree to a half park day on Friday, but we will see.
To make the most of our time there, we plan to hit some of the parks for evening EMH like last summer.

Just to add a bit of real life expreience from today, I saw the saddest thing today. I went to Wal Mart after school to get some groceries for the house. As I walked to the cash register in the front, I watched a cashier partake in behavior that I assume would cause her to actually lose her job. The cashier was checking out her customer and apparently did not like what the customer said. SHe came from behind her register and began beating the dog poop out of the customer! I do not know what happened, but I made certain to keep Sam a safe distance from them in a spot where he could not watch the behavior of the employee. I would think she lost her job.:sad2:

Coach81
10-13-2009, 07:11 AM
Ah man! I wish I could have seen that!!! Alisa told me about it last night.. too bad you didn't get any of it on video.. that would have been great!!! We are going to visit with the Prosperies very soon to discuss our plans for summer trip.. the Monday and Tuesday have been reserved for the water parks.. but we are still not sure about the other days..

elizablake
10-13-2009, 11:22 AM
Our first park last summer was DHS for Star Wars weekend. DH is hoping that Star Wars Weekends fall again while we are there. We all had so much fun. If Star Wars Weekends fall along the same schedule as last year, then DHS would be our park of choice for Sunday.

I'm pretty sure Star Wars weekends are already scheduled (and they include your weekend). But maybe I'm wrong and they have been made officially official yet.

Sounds like a great plan!

Just to add a bit of real life expreience from today, I saw the saddest thing today. I went to Wal Mart after school to get some groceries for the house. As I walked to the cash register in the front, I watched a cashier partake in behavior that I assume would cause her to actually lose her job. The cashier was checking out her customer and apparently did not like what the customer said. SHe came from behind her register and began beating the dog poop out of the customer! I do not know what happened, but I made certain to keep Sam a safe distance from them in a spot where he could not watch the behavior of the employee. I would think she lost her job.:sad2:

Wow! That's just scary. I wonder if she knew the customer outside of Wal-mart. Next time record video with your phone. You could be famous on YouTube.:)

pocahontasgal87
10-13-2009, 12:37 PM
Due to some events going on with me at work. I really need to stick to these boards for some good news. So with that, LET'S TALK ABOUT FOOD!

The big question everyone has at least once when planning their trip is where we will be eating. That question came up while we were on vacation this summer. We have some favorites just like most regular visitors.

Every year, I approach my DH with the restaurant question a couple of months before my ADR window opens. This year he forgot to tell me one place because he just assumed I would book it. Well, he became very upset when he realized we weren’t going there. Oh well, he needs to tell me these things when I ask.

Our must do restaurants:

Sanaa – We loved this restaurant this summer. The boys were amazed with the animals lurking outside the window while we ate even though they had a balcony just upstairs where they could watch the animals. BTW, the food is fabulous here too.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00898.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00905.jpg

Ohana – We finally got around here this summer. DH immediately put this on our must do list for every trip. The boys had watched Night at the Museum 2 right before we left. Well, they were beside themselves that we were seated right next to an Easter Island head. Sam wanted to take his picture with Dum-Dum, and Cooper wanted to give him some gum-gum.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00997_edited-1.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC01002.jpg

Whispering Canyon Café – This is the one I forgot this summer. DH loves the skillet.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/th_MOV00403.jpg (http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/?action=view&current=MOV00403.flv)

Chef Mickey’s – This is our traditional last supper. This is the meal where the boys have the opportunity to tell Mickey and his pals good bye before we leave the next morning. I began taking a picture of the boys in the steel ears behind the Contemporary a few years ago. That way we could see the boys grow as the years go by.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00576.jpg

What else then?

This trip we plan to do Donald’s Safari Breakfast once again. The boys loved it last time. Plus, I love getting that 8:05 AM ADR.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00145.jpg

This trip we are planning to try Le Cellier for the first time. However, DH is hoping this last spot will be filled by Boma again. I just want to put something in there that is new for us.

We also have plans to eat at ESPN Club, but we would pay OOP for that one. DH LOVES the nachos.

We will see how all of this pans out when I am able to make those ADRs on November 23rd.

Awesome choices! i love to try ur choices but i think we r just gonna stick to mostly quick service meals to save money, but shall pick a few that we all wanna do:)

Not so much of an update for the trip as it is an update from real life. As I mentioned previously, I am a high school teacher. This week has been the most difficult week as a teacher I have ever experienced.:sad1:

I received a phone call SUnday afternoon while I was watching football with my DH and his friends. I was told that 4 students from my school were in a horrible car accident early that morning. Two of them were my students. There were five total boys in the car, and four of them died on impact. The fifth one needed to be transferred to New Orleans because of a severe brain injury.

Needless to say, going to work on Monday was the most difficult moment in my teaching career. I had never experienced a moment when I woul enter a classroom knowing that the student who sits in the desk in the middle of the room will never come back. It was so difficult going into the class and having the empty desk. It was such a sad moment.:sad1:

I sadly found out today that the parents of the only survivor removed him from life support since the injury to his brain was so severe he would never be able to recover. He was declared brain dead.

Part of the saddest piece of this story is that all the boys were cousins, but there were two sets of brothers. Two mothers and fathers each lost two sons in one moment.

Well, the funerals start tomorrow, and I am still unsure if I will attend the wake for a moment to pay my respects to the students who will not return to my classroom.

sooo sorry:( during my 4 yrs in high school, we had car accidents happen twice, quite sad losing high school peers:(

After all the sadnees I have had this week, I think it is time to post something good. Here's the next update.

The second question that comes up for us always deals with our time of departure. We like to drive to WDW because we are there in about 10-11 hours and it gives us a vehicle to use on site. I hate to bus hop from resort to park to resort to get to our restaurant. This way we are able to drive straight to our dining destination within a few minutes. We have left at 4 AM in the past and get there right around check-in time. This past summer we left at midnight. It wasn’t my favorite departure time. We got to Kidani around lunch time, but our room was not ready. We did eat lunch at Mara, and our room was ready by the time we finished. Bryan was exhausted from staying up all night (he could not get comfortable in the truck), and all the boys wanted to do was try out the new pool. We decided that midnight was not the time for us again.

Right now the tentative plan is to leave on May 21st. My records day at school is on that day, so I figured we leave after Bryan gets off of work. Hopefully, he is able to get away a bit earlier in the day. We plan to drive until 11 or so if we leave around 5. If we leave around 3 when I get out of school, we plan to drive until we are about an hour or two outside of WDW. We would be at the parks before lunch time, and we get an extra day in the parks. The kink in this plan, however, is that Bryan is not completely on board with this yet. He is still hoping for 4 AM.

Next update - our tentative plans...

we driven 18 hours from where we r from(canada) stay at a hotel after driving 12 hours cuz we all get too tire, so ya after we leave our hotel we usually get there in check in time, im sooo exicted now we r gonna fly next trip=] we may get an early flight and be there early=](only 2 hr flight, wooooopie!)
[COLOR="Purple"]We should arrive on Saturday, May 22nd with enough time to hit the parks. We would most likely hit Epcot that day.

I have already mentioned that Sam wants to go back to Blizzard Beach. We were there last summer from the moment it opened till it closed. He had a blast. This time, we plan to do both water parks. The boys are looking forward to do this more than anything else during this trip. The plan is to hit both TL and BB on Monday and Tuesday.

We love to go to the MK on Wednesday. It has always been a nice day for us. The Thursday would be left for AK. I am hoping to get Bryan to agree to a half park day on Friday, but we will see.
To make the most of our time there, we plan to hit some of the parks for evening EMH like last summer.

COLOR]

excellent plans, once we get our restauraants all taken care of, will go to the parks the same location(eatmostly in the parks) and I LOVE TL, I really wanna go back again, there wave pool is awesome!!!

Brave teacher
10-13-2009, 08:03 PM
Ah man! I wish I could have seen that!!! Alisa told me about it last night.. too bad you didn't get any of it on video.. that would have been great!!! We are going to visit with the Prosperies very soon to discuss our plans for summer trip.. the Monday and Tuesday have been reserved for the water parks.. but we are still not sure about the other days..

I know. Everyone keeps asking why I didn't get it on video. I was more concerned with keeping Sam away from the action. We're going to have to get together to discuss that big meal together at Ohana since I'll be booking that one on November 23rd.

I'm pretty sure Star Wars weekends are already scheduled (and they include your weekend). But maybe I'm wrong and they have been made officially official yet.

Sounds like a great plan!

Wow! That's just scary. I wonder if she knew the customer outside of Wal-mart. Next time record video with your phone. You could be famous on YouTube.:)

I would be surprised if they has been announced. That would be early.

I certainly could have posted that video to People Of Wal Mart. (www.peopleofwalmart.com) If you have not visited that site yet, you really need to. It is absolutely hilarious.:rotfl2:

Awesome choices! i love to try ur choices but i think we r just gonna stick to mostly quick service meals to save money, but shall pick a few that we all wanna do:)

sooo sorry:( during my 4 yrs in high school, we had car accidents happen twice, quite sad losing high school peers:(

we driven 18 hours from where we r from(canada) stay at a hotel after driving 12 hours cuz we all get too tire, so ya after we leave our hotel we usually get there in check in time, im sooo exicted now we r gonna fly next trip=] we may get an early flight and be there early=](only 2 hr flight, wooooopie!)

excellent plans, once we get our restauraants all taken care of, will go to the parks the same location(eatmostly in the parks) and I LOVE TL, I really wanna go back again, there wave pool is awesome!!!

We love our TS at WDW. That is pretty much the only reason we have never done the QSDP.

The students are doing better this week.

I am all about getting there as quickly as we can. Sam is so looking forward to that wave pool too.:thumbsup2

cbg1027
10-13-2009, 10:38 PM
OMG I love People of Wal Mart! :lmao: Funniest thing ever.....very sad at the same time...but I get over it because it's soooo hilarious!

elizablake
10-14-2009, 07:59 AM
[QUOTE=Brave teacher;33940557I would be surprised if they has been announced. That would be early.
[/QUOTE]

My bad. I saw it on touring plans web site so I thought they might be officially scheduled.

Brave teacher
10-14-2009, 07:33 PM
My bad. I saw it on touring plans web site so I thought they might be officially scheduled.

No problem. TP puts the same dates as the previous year automatically until Disney releases official dates. Thanks anyway!

I had a pretty busy day today. My mom had hip replacement sugery due to a birth defect she has dealt with all her life. She is doing fine but is in a lot of pain. She was hoping to make it with us for this trip, but I explained to her that the recovery period is up to 8 months. She decided that maybe the trip in 2011 would be better.

alboq
10-15-2009, 09:26 AM
Wishing MeMe a speedy recovery.

Brave teacher
10-15-2009, 09:15 PM
My mom is doing well. SHe has backed off of her morphine pump and even walked down to the nurse's station (her room is at the far end of the hall). She will probably going home on Saturday,

Anyway, on with the trip update!

I am the second of five children. Some of us get along, and some of us do not. My youngest sister, Madeline, joined us for our trip in April 2006. It was her first trip, but we left without doing so much. She decided she would come back with us in February 2008, but she ended up not being able to get the money together in time. She wanted to come with us again in May this year, but she started EMT school and could not skip class to come with us. We asked her a couple of weeks ago in a kind of joking manner if she would come with us next summer. She said yes! She is just starting her new job as an EMT and has already turned in her days to come with us next summer. The boys are beyond excited right now as well.

I would like all of you to see my sister, but I must first describe what you are about to see. As Disney veterans, we all know about a lovely little beverage named Beverly. Last time Madeline came with us, Bryan and I tricked her into drinking it. With that trick came photographic fun for us. Meet my sister Madeline.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00057-4.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00074-2.jpg

I figured I should give you a picture of her without a beverage spewing out of her mouth.

cbg1027
10-15-2009, 09:47 PM
:lmao: What a great photo or your sister!!!!!

wdwgirl03
10-16-2009, 07:07 AM
haha, love the Beverly picture!

Coach81
10-16-2009, 07:09 AM
What is this Beverly? When can I have a glass???

alboq
10-16-2009, 09:37 AM
Coach, I can't believe you asked that question. Honey don't worry, I'll take you to try a glass in Dec. As you can see, Mad loved it.:rotfl:

Brave teacher
10-16-2009, 07:20 PM
:lmao: What a great photo or your sister!!!!!

I think so as well. I showed it to her the other day, and she cringed remember the taste of Beverly.

haha, love the Beverly picture!

It's one of those pictures that just make you smile.

What is this Beverly? When can I have a glass???

I am with Alisa on this one. I can't believe you are serious about not knowing what Beverly is. Don't worry. I am sure Alisa will be sure to introduce you to this lovely concoction in December.

Coach, I can't believe you asked that question. Honey don't worry, I'll take you to try a glass in Dec. As you can see, Mad loved it.:rotfl:

Be sure to get a picture for me! PLEASE!!!! I need more blackmail pictures for him.

Brave teacher
10-16-2009, 07:25 PM
Well, my mom is doing well. SHe will be going home tomorrow. She even walked down the hall to the oppoosite side of her hallway and back this afternoon while I visited with her. Of course, she is using a walker to help her out.

The boys are having a camp-out in the living room tonight with Madeline. They pull all the couch cushions and pillows onto the floor and make a ginormous bed. They all cuddle together and watch a movie. ANyone want to guess what Cooper has decided they will watch? Spiderman 3...No surprise there huh.

I love this time of year in Louisiana. A cool ront came through today. It is finally not sweltering here. This should be hitting FL in the next day or so. It feels so nice.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

MaryAz
10-17-2009, 10:45 PM
Thanks for posting on my PTR. We have a lot in common! My older DD is 5.5 and in K this year. My younger DD turned 3 in Sep. My younger one is also a daredevil. She was devestated last May when she could not ride ay thrill rides. My ODD did do BTMR-her fav, TOT-did not like the dark and Dinosaur-thought it was scary. We did not get to Splash. She is measuring in at 43.5 inches and the smaller one was around 37-have not had her 3 yr old check yet. I do not think she is going to hit 40 by May but I may stick her in thicker shoes LOL
I love your writing style-gotta go clean up the dog vomit hold on :rotfl2:
We were originally booked at Kidani in a 1 bd. We are still trying to figure out of DVC is in the budget. We just bought a new house and have ours to sell still.
Cooper sounds just like Cayley asking to go back everyday!
We have a few similar "must do" restraunts. O'Hana-new to us, CM-also new my little one had a big fear of characters last year but now we know its only Tigger. We were going to do Tusker House but they do not have Minnie. We also want to try Boma and the Wave. I am in the minority but did not think Le Cellier was that great. I am also on the fence on Whispering Canyon.
Before this comes a novel I will stop.

MaryAz
10-17-2009, 10:46 PM

This brings tears to my eyes. What a tragic loss. I am so sorry.

MaryAz
10-17-2009, 11:04 PM
We should arrive on Saturday, May 22nd with enough time to hit the parks. We would most likely hit Epcot that day.

Me again, I am starting to feel like a Dis stalker LOL We have a few of the same parks and days planned. MK on Wed and AK on thurs. We tried to do a water park last year but got rained out. We also want to check out SW weekend for my hubby.

MaryAz
10-17-2009, 11:08 PM
Ok, last one. Glad to hear your mom is recovering well. Great news your sister is coming with you guys. Always good to have another set of adult hands!

Brave teacher
10-18-2009, 09:31 AM
Thanks for posting on my PTR. We have a lot in common! My older DD is 5.5 and in K this year. My younger DD turned 3 in Sep. My younger one is also a daredevil. She was devestated last May when she could not ride ay thrill rides. My ODD did do BTMR-her fav, TOT-did not like the dark and Dinosaur-thought it was scary. We did not get to Splash. She is measuring in at 43.5 inches and the smaller one was around 37-have not had her 3 yr old check yet. I do not think she is going to hit 40 by May but I may stick her in thicker shoes LOL
I love your writing style-gotta go clean up the dog vomit hold on :rotfl2:
We were originally booked at Kidani in a 1 bd. We are still trying to figure out of DVC is in the budget. We just bought a new house and have ours to sell still.
Cooper sounds just like Cayley asking to go back everyday!
We have a few similar "must do" restraunts. O'Hana-new to us, CM-also new my little one had a big fear of characters last year but now we know its only Tigger. We were going to do Tusker House but they do not have Minnie. We also want to try Boma and the Wave. I am in the minority but did not think Le Cellier was that great. I am also on the fence on Whispering Canyon.
Before this comes a novel I will stop.

Thanks for joining in! We do have a lot in common. As far as the rides are concerned, we wanted to take it slow with Sam. He just looks at ToT and says "Absolutely Not!" I also wanted to hold off on Dinosaur. I had a feeling it would be too much for him, but I know Cooper will LOVE it!

That would be so cool if we did end up at the same resort! If you ever get around to it, DVC is fantastic! For us, it has been one of our best purchases. I am sure that Coach81 are alboq would also say the same thing. We are all hooked!

Cooper never had a fear of characters. He took his first trip at 1 1/2 and always tried to tackle them to give them a hug. Sam was not cautious either.

Once again, uncanny that we have a lot of similar must-do places. Ohana is just amazing. Chef Mickey's is just traditional. We actually like Tusker House just to see Daisy since the others can be found at almost every other character meal. Boma is fabulous. I love zebra domes! I dream about them. We are doing Le Cellier because I need something new in there.

This brings tears to my eyes. What a tragic loss. I am so sorry.

Thank you. Everything at school is getting easier every day.

Me again, I am starting to feel like a Dis stalker LOL We have a few of the same parks and days planned. MK on Wed and AK on thurs. We tried to do a water park last year but got rained out. We also want to check out SW weekend for my hubby.

You are not a stalker. Just someone trying to catch up. You have a lot to say. Oh, you must try at least one of the water parks. They are awesome. I thought it would be just another water park, but it is so much more. They really did a great job. With all of these similarities, who knows? We might bump into each other!

Ok, last one. Glad to hear your mom is recovering well. Great news your sister is coming with you guys. Always good to have another set of adult hands!

Thanks! Mom went home yesterday and is doing well. My sister, Madeline, came with us in 2006 and loved it. Since then, she has committed to and backed out of every single trip. I hope she sticks with us for this one because I know she would have so much more fun. We get so much more done now than we did on that trip. It will be like a whole new place to her. She did see some videos for the Sum of All Thrills, and she really wants to try it out.

leamom2princesses
10-18-2009, 05:06 PM
Hiya! You have a great PTR going here. :goodvibes I followed you over from Mary's PTR. We're going the same week also. I haven't started my PTR yet....maybe tomorrow. :rolleyes1

You have a really cute family. Glad to hear your Mom is on the mend and very sorry to hear about your students. I don't want to think about how tough this situation is for everyone. :sad1:

Can't wait to read more! popcorn::

Native NYer
10-18-2009, 05:56 PM
Joining in! I'm enjoying your ptr and can't wait to hear more.

So sorry about your students. And glad to hear your mom is on the mend. My aunt had hip replacement surgery in August and it is definitely a difficult recovery.

Brave teacher
10-18-2009, 09:20 PM
Hiya! You have a great PTR going here. :goodvibes I followed you over from Mary's PTR. We're going the same week also. I haven't started my PTR yet....maybe tomorrow. :rolleyes1

You have a really cute family. Glad to hear your Mom is on the mend and very sorry to hear about your students. I don't want to think about how tough this situation is for everyone. :sad1:

Can't wait to read more! popcorn::

Thanks for joining in on my planning! I look forward to reading your plans as well!

Thanks for the compliment on the family. Mom is doing well, and the students are coping well.

Joining in! I'm enjoying your ptr and can't wait to hear more.

So sorry about your students. And glad to hear your mom is on the mend. My aunt had hip replacement surgery in August and it is definitely a difficult recovery.

Thanks for joining in as well. Mom is doing a lot better than I thought she would. My sister came over this evening and told me she is pretty much running about the house right now. My aunt is in town right now to help her around when people are at work. I t just so happens she is going with her daughter, SIL, and GS in December. I helped her a lot, and she wants me to look at her plans.

Brave teacher
10-18-2009, 09:31 PM
I never was able to get around to writing a TR with our last trip even though I had planned to do so. When I decided to write this PTR, I decided to include a TR from the summer trip. So with that, I will get started with our previous trip. These little TR updates will be interspersed throughout the rest of the PTR. Plus, a friend of mine complained I didn't update enough for him.

As part of this PTR, I plan to give a look back to our last trip. We were last in the World May 30th-June 5th this year. Bryan dubbed this visit as the best trip ever. Samuel learned he loves to be the line leader. Our last day was just magical for us.

As I said in a previous installment, we left the house at midnight. It was actually closer to 12:30. Bryan got caught up doing something, so we were out the house a little later than we had planned. He woke me up, and we finished putting some things in the truck. We got the boys out of bed for some bathroom breaks, threw them in the truck, and finally were on our way.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00714.jpg

Cooper travelled really well this trip. He stayed awake for maybe 30 minutes and slept until we stopped for breakfast. After breakfast, he stayed awake for about an hour and then slept until we turned off the turnpike.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00715.jpg

Sam, on the other hand, was strong like bull and stayed awake the whole trip. He was the typical kid who was too excited to sleep.

Bryan drove and drove and drove. Our plan was that he would drive until we stopped for breakfast, and I would drive the remainder of the trip afterwards. We made record time to Tallahassee. You never realize how fast you get somewhere when there is no one else on the road. We stopped at the Cracker Barrel in Tallahassee around 7:45.

I took over the driving after breakfast. Bryan tried to sleep. Cooper was comatose. Sam watched some movies and told me all about them. Bryan did not sleep long since he could not get comfortable in the truck. We finally see what we had been looking for around lunch.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00725.jpg

Coach81
10-19-2009, 07:11 AM
Oh yeah.. the drive to Florida.. not so great!!! As Bryan can tell you... it is a lonely, lonely ride that can take it out of you.. but what gets you through it.. is what's waiting for you!!!! Nice pics.. I can totally relate!!! Thanks for the update.. FINALLY!!!

MaryAz
10-19-2009, 03:58 PM
A look back, YAY. Best trip ever huh-no presure for this one...

Brave teacher
10-19-2009, 07:52 PM
Oh yeah.. the drive to Florida.. not so great!!! As Bryan can tell you... it is a lonely, lonely ride that can take it out of you.. but what gets you through it.. is what's waiting for you!!!! Nice pics.. I can totally relate!!! Thanks for the update.. FINALLY!!!

You're welcome!

Actually, we look at it thinking that they can only get bettere from here.

ladybugmom
10-19-2009, 10:21 PM
Hi Megan!! I found your PTR from Leanne and Mary's PTRs!! My family will also be in WDW the same week as yours! We will be staying at the Poly again and I will be starting a PTR just as soon as I finish my TR!! :goodvibes We seem to have a lot in common. I am a former teacher, I am 30, and my oldest daughter is in Kindergarten this year!! I also have Le Cellier on our list for this trip!! (as well as O'hana--YUM!!) Not sure if we'll do Chef Mickey's again this trip or not. I'm looking forward to planning along with you!! Looking forward to May 2010!! :woohoo:

cbg1027
10-19-2009, 11:27 PM
Bryan drove and drove and drove. Our plan was that he would drive until we stopped for breakfast, and I would drive the remainder of the trip afterwards. We made record time to Tallahassee. You never realize how fast you get somewhere when there is no one else on the road. We stopped at the Cracker Barrel in Tallahassee around 7:45.

I pass that Cracker Barrel several times a week! You were right around the corner from me!

Coach81
10-20-2009, 06:56 AM

Every trip.. is the best one ever....especially the next one!!!

wdwgirl03
10-20-2009, 07:04 AM
Oooh, fun, a look back at your last trip! Can't wait to hear more. popcorn::

Brave teacher
10-20-2009, 07:41 PM
Hi Megan!! I found your PTR from Leanne and Mary's PTRs!! My family will also be in WDW the same week as yours! We will be staying at the Poly again and I will be starting a PTR just as soon as I finish my TR!! :goodvibes We seem to have a lot in common. I am a former teacher, I am 30, and my oldest daughter is in Kindergarten this year!! I also have Le Cellier on our list for this trip!! (as well as O'hana--YUM!!) Not sure if we'll do Chef Mickey's again this trip or not. I'm looking forward to planning along with you!! Looking forward to May 2010!! :woohoo:

Thanks for joining us! I look forward to sharing my plans with you. There is going to be a party at the Poly.:woohoo: I am 30 as well. We all have somuch in common.

I pass that Cracker Barrel several times a week! You were right around the corner from me!

I'll be sure to wave at you from now on when we pass that Cracker Barrel.

Every trip.. is the best one ever....especially the next one!!!

That's true, but you gotta admit. This past trip was absolutely awesome!

Oooh, fun, a look back at your last trip! Can't wait to hear more. popcorn::

I hope you enjoy it just as much as we did. Next update is coming up.

Brave teacher
10-20-2009, 07:53 PM
So, when I left off, we were just passing under the sign we all love to see.

So we are finally there. It is time for us to check in to Kidani Village for the first time.

The guard at the guard shack was very inviting. She welcomed us home right away. As we get through the gate, we drive by Jambo House.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00731.jpg

The boys were familiar with the original AKL, but they knew we were staying at the new AKL. They were just anxious to check out their new digs. Finally, the new sign…

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00733.jpg

I can only imagine how the whole resort will look as soon as the vegetation grows in.

We park and walk up to Port Cochere and into the lobby, and we all just feel at home. We love the feel of AKL, but Kidani just feels warm and cozy. I immediately went to check in, and Bryan brought the boys to do a little bit of exploring on the lobby level.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00742.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00748.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00750.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00753.jpg

All Bryan wanted to do was go upstairs and go to sleep. Unfortunately, the CM said our room was not yet ready. The good news – my requests had been granted!

Up next, what do we do in the meantime?

Brave teacher
10-20-2009, 08:06 PM
So, there is nothing on tv tonight, so I have been doing some DIS time. I just got the email from AllEars and got really upset to hear that all the Photopass photographers are no longer at Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach. With that and the lack of getting able to pre-purchase the CD now at $100 price, we might be skipping the Photopass this year (Sorry Randy and Alisa). I am kinda upset that they will not be sending the pre-purchase email to DVC members since we do not book through Disney Destinations. So now it looks like we are in the market for a water-proof camera. Anyone has any suggestions?

Also, I am sitting over here with everything crossed. We have a new superintendant in my school district. When he took over, he proposed that all schools that make their target score for the year would result in each teacher at that school receiving a $3000 bonus. Well, the scores came in last week, and my school along with 11 other schools (including Coach81's school) made their target score and more. The school board is meeting tonight to vote on that proposal. If they vote yes, I will get my bonus with next month's paycheck just in time for Christmas. I should know sometime tonight whether I get it or not. Fingers, toes, hair, eyes, everything is crossed that we do.

leamom2princesses
10-20-2009, 08:08 PM
Wow Megan! Kidani Village looks really nice. Can't wait to see the next installment and pics of your room. popcorn::

leamom2princesses
10-20-2009, 08:14 PM
Must have posted at the same time. :goodvibes Hope you get your bonus. That would be fantastic! We'll keep our fingers and toes crossed for you too.

Brave teacher
10-20-2009, 08:38 PM
Wow Megan! Kidani Village looks really nice. Can't wait to see the next installment and pics of your room. popcorn::

Must have posted at the same time. :goodvibes Hope you get your bonus. That would be fantastic! We'll keep our fingers and toes crossed for you too.

It is very nice. We absolutely love that resort. Still waiting to find out my fate.

MaryAz
10-20-2009, 08:41 PM
You all are young-30 was YEARS ago! Nothing on tonight-not a Biggest Loser fan I guess.. Thar is really to bad about the photopass. We did a share last year and got some good pics but not $100 worth...
I am crossing my fingers and toes for your bonus-one for the coach too. Now if you will cross your finger s that I get a pin code.
Can't wait to see the rest of Kidani-though I know it is going to make me want to stay there!

Brave teacher
10-20-2009, 09:35 PM
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:TH E BOARD APPROVED MY BONUS!!!! COACH & I HAVE MORE MONEY FOR THE MOUSE!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Brave teacher
10-20-2009, 09:40 PM
You all are young-30 was YEARS ago! Nothing on tonight-not a Biggest Loser fan I guess.. Thar is really to bad about the photopass. We did a share last year and got some good pics but not $100 worth...
I am crossing my fingers and toes for your bonus-one for the coach too. Now if you will cross your finger s that I get a pin code.
Can't wait to see the rest of Kidani-though I know it is going to make me want to stay there!

Hey! You are just as young as we are.

cbg1027
10-20-2009, 10:34 PM
I'm sure you agree with me when I say that teachers don't get paid anywhere near what they deserve! So I'm very happy you got that bonus! And as you said.....more for the Mouse. :goodvibes

topdog
10-21-2009, 06:29 AM
Congratulation on the bonus!!!

WOW! $100 for the photopass CD. I never even consider to use them. DW has been bugging me to give it a try on our next trip so we can print it as Xmas card. I don't know now. I would rather to spend $100 for other stuff instead like...more camera gear. ;)

Coach81
10-21-2009, 07:07 AM
SWEET!!!! Life is GOOD!!!! That money is really gonna help us out.. as we are planning three vacations.. - Secret trip to Disney for Christmas (complete with DDP to pay for), the return visit to Universal Studios (along with club level at Royal Pacific Hotel), and finally our MEGA SUPER summer trip with you guys and the Prosperies!!!

Love the pictures of Kidani so far... we stayed at AKV for our first-ever trip using our DVC a few summers ago.. and we absolutely LOVED IT!!! The savannah was amazing, the boys loved going out every morning and looking at all the animals. We will be staying at AKL or Kidani again in the future.. it is a fantastic resort! Love the pics of the artwork around the lobby. It truly is a great resort.

Patiently wating for the next update..

elizablake
10-21-2009, 09:39 AM
:woohoo: You got your bonus. :woohoo: And congrats on your school's test scores.

I considered getting the photopass CD before our first visit but we were actually happy we didn't. We never wanted to take the time to stop and I got as good if not better photos of DD with characters. We had two coupons for free 5x7s. I got one with DD holding Tinkerbell and one with her fighting Captain Hook.

That's a shame you can't pre-purchase the CD anymore. As far as waterproof cameras, my friend has a Canon PowerShot D10 and loves it. Also, I know Fujifilm and Olympus make ones that are more reasonably priced.

Brave teacher
10-21-2009, 07:23 PM
I'm sure you agree with me when I say that teachers don't get paid anywhere near what they deserve! So I'm very happy you got that bonus! And as you said.....more for the Mouse. :goodvibes

Thanks! We were also told today that every teacher will get a 2% bonus with our November check. That would be another $800 coming my way. WOO HOO!:woohoo:

Congratulation on the bonus!!!

WOW! $100 for the photopass CD. I never even consider to use them. DW has been bugging me to give it a try on our next trip so we can print it as Xmas card. I don't know now. I would rather to spend $100 for other stuff instead like...more camera gear. ;)

Thanks! We never purchased it at full price. Since our family and Coach's family always travel during the same week, we always split the cost with each other. We never paid more than $50 for the photopass. Our last tripp will more than likely be the last time we get it.

SWEET!!!! Life is GOOD!!!! That money is really gonna help us out.. as we are planning three vacations.. - Secret trip to Disney for Christmas (complete with DDP to pay for), the return visit to Universal Studios (along with club level at Royal Pacific Hotel), and finally our MEGA SUPER summer trip with you guys and the Prosperies!!!

Love the pictures of Kidani so far... we stayed at AKV for our first-ever trip using our DVC a few summers ago.. and we absolutely LOVED IT!!! The savannah was amazing, the boys loved going out every morning and looking at all the animals. We will be staying at AKL or Kidani again in the future.. it is a fantastic resort! Love the pics of the artwork around the lobby. It truly is a great resort.

Patiently wating for the next update..

Stop bragging about the trips dude!:upsidedow Liar! AKV was not your first DVC trip. OKW was! You know we love Kidani. We have plans to stay there pretty much every trip. Yall just need to make sure that the trip yall decide to stay there is a summer one with us. Next update is coming. Patience, patience...

:woohoo: You got your bonus. :woohoo: And congrats on your school's test scores.

I considered getting the photopass CD before our first visit but we were actually happy we didn't. We never wanted to take the time to stop and I got as good if not better photos of DD with characters. We had two coupons for free 5x7s. I got one with DD holding Tinkerbell and one with her fighting Captain Hook.

That's a shame you can't pre-purchase the CD anymore. As far as waterproof cameras, my friend has a Canon PowerShot D10 and loves it. Also, I know Fujifilm and Olympus make ones that are more reasonably priced.

Thanks! I am really looking forward now to BOTH bonuses! The kids are excited! They are having a dress down day next week and a dance party during the school day to celebrate their accomplishments. Thanks for the suggestion on the camera. I started looking at them. The problem is that I want a camera that can take a nice water picture as well as a regular picture. To get one to do that, I need to spend over $200. Bryan is not wanting to spend that much, so we are trying to compromise. I was actually trying to sell him on the Canon, but he does not like the almost $300 price tag.

Brave teacher
10-21-2009, 07:32 PM
Since the room wasn’t ready, we decided to explore the resort and head over to Mara. We first went downstairs to go check out the savanna.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00756.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00758.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00759.jpg

We then headed back inside to check out the library, arcade, and community hall. We loved all of them.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00765_edited-1.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00769.jpg

We finally make it out to the pool, and the boys are ready to jump in clothes and all. On our way there, we stopped by the fitness area for the boys to get in a little workout.:upsidedow

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00776.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00781.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00783.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00784.jpg

Afterwards, we headed over to Mara to eat some lunch. I had been dreaming about zebra domes all morning, so I was extremely anxious to get there. I tried the chicken flatbread which I loved. Bryan had the stew, and the boys had chicken nuggets and fries. They had a great table in front of the tv. We all ate quietly. We weren’t about to interrupt the peace and quiet of the boys watching old Disney cartoons. Right before we left, I got this mysterious text. This was the week that the resorts started to text you to let you know your room was ready. Cool, so being excited to check out our room, we headed back to Kidani.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00793.jpg

We had parked the truck in the underground garage at Kidani in the Timon section as instructed by the CM at the front desk.

Coming up – How is the room?

MaryAz
10-21-2009, 09:17 PM
A HUGE CONGRATS on the BONUS and RAISE. :banana::banana: Such great news! Now I think we should plan a meet and you can buy me a drink Ha ha.
The pics are great-can't wait see the room.
We bought a case to put over our camera to use underwater. If you look in my ptr at the Kauai pics-you can see how well it worked.

disneyaddicted
10-22-2009, 12:36 AM
congratulations on your bonus, I can only imagine how that must feel.

I'm really enjoying your telling of your past trip. Keep posting.

Ty

Coach81
10-22-2009, 06:50 AM
Thanks! We were also told today that every teacher will get a 2% bonus with our November check. That would be another $800 coming my way. WOO HOO!:woohoo:

Thanks! We never purchased it at full price. Since our family and Coach's family always travel during the same week, we always split the cost with each other. We never paid more than $50 for the photopass. Our last tripp will more than likely be the last time we get it.

Stop bragging about the trips dude!:upsidedow Liar! AKV was not your first DVC trip. OKW was! You know we love Kidani. We have plans to stay there pretty much every trip. Yall just need to make sure that the trip yall decide to stay there is a summer one with us. Next update is coming. Patience, patience...

Thanks! I am really looking forward now to BOTH bonuses! The kids are excited! They are having a dress down day next week and a dance party during the school day to celebrate their accomplishments. Thanks for the suggestion on the camera. I started looking at them. The problem is that I want a camera that can take a nice water picture as well as a regular picture. To get one to do that, I need to spend over $200. Bryan is not wanting to spend that much, so we are trying to compromise. I was actually trying to sell him on the Canon, but he does not like the almost $300 price tag.

Good point about OKW.. that was the first one for us.. yeah it was really nice and BIG to. But still, we really liked AKL as well!!!

Don't worry... don't worry I HAVE the camera you guys want!!! Been using it for two trips now!!! I'll get with Bryan and we'll go get it. It is a great camera.. you've seen the pics and video yourself!

wdwgirl03
10-22-2009, 06:52 AM
Great pictures of Kidani Village!! They're making me really excited for our trip coming up! :banana:

Coach81
10-22-2009, 06:56 AM
Nice update! You guys really got a great home resort with Kidani.. the water area, fitness, arcade.. etc.. and I absolutely LOVE the theming of the entire resort! Great pics.. you guys look just like we do for our Disney pics.. everyone is HAPPY!!!

I'll talk with Bryan about the camera this weekend when he and I go check out SAW VI!!!!

Brave teacher
10-22-2009, 04:38 PM
Good point about OKW.. that was the first one for us.. yeah it was really nice and BIG to. But still, we really liked AKL as well!!!

Don't worry... don't worry I HAVE the camera you guys want!!! Been using it for two trips now!!! I'll get with Bryan and we'll go get it. It is a great camera.. you've seen the pics and video yourself!

You know I like to find any way I can correct you and Bryan. I just like to prove yall wrong. Remind me which one you have. You know Bryan and I like to read EVERYTHING about these purchases first.

Great pictures of Kidani Village!! They're making me really excited for our trip coming up! :banana:

I'm glad I could help! There's more on the way. It really a fantastic resort! We do think of it as our home.

Nice update! You guys really got a great home resort with Kidani.. the water area, fitness, arcade.. etc.. and I absolutely LOVE the theming of the entire resort! Great pics.. you guys look just like we do for our Disney pics.. everyone is HAPPY!!!

I'll talk with Bryan about the camera this weekend when he and I go check out SAW VI!!!!

Thanks! We love it too. The boys especially love the play area. Cooper talks about it every night before he goes to bed.:goodvibes We are always happy when we are there. I don't think we have a picture when someone is upset once we get on property.

I assume the movie will be on Saturday evening?

Brave teacher
10-22-2009, 04:40 PM
The countdown continues to dwindle. We will be in WDW at Kidani (:love:) in :banana::banana::banana:7 MONTHS :banana::banana::banana:!!!!

Next update coming...

Brave teacher
10-22-2009, 04:53 PM
Once we parked in the Timon section, we headed up the elevator to the fifth floor in search of our room. Once we got out of the elevator, the boys were searching for their room.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/th_MOV00796.jpg (http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/?action=view&current=MOV00796.flv)

I walked into our room and was immediately pleased with the resort. We had a one bedroom savanna view room.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00798.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00799.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00801.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00802.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00803.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00804.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00805.jpg

For some reason, Bryan did not take pictures of the second bathroom or laundry room. I loved not having to share the bathroom with the boys. I also love foing hom with all of our clothes clean. :lovestruc

After checking out the room for a while, we headed out to the pool so the boys could swim. We stayed out there a couple of hours. Afterwards, we came back to the room and all took a nap for a couple of hours. Later that evening we had dinner at Boma. We had plans to stay close to home on the first day to take it easy. This worked out perfectly for all of us. After dinner, we went back to the room, watched Stacey for a bit, and went to bed.

Next – Star Wars Weekend!!!!

Native NYer
10-22-2009, 08:16 PM
Your room at Kidani is gorgeous!

leamom2princesses
10-22-2009, 08:18 PM
I have posted twice and my posts keep disappearing...:confused3 What a fabulous room! I keep trying to soften Joe up into considering DVC. Right after we come home he is all for it but then it kind of dies down until the next trip. I definitely need to show him your pics. I like the pic of you with the chair. Too cute. Congrats on the bonus and hooray for 7 months!!! :cool1::dance3::banana::dance3:

ladybugmom
10-22-2009, 10:19 PM
Wow!! A bonus AND a raise!! That's wonderful!!

LOVE your room--it's beautiful! Can't wait to hear more!

cbg1027
10-22-2009, 10:35 PM
Congrats on the bonus!

The room at Kidani looks amazing....especially that bathroom! :love:
Can I come stay with you guys next time? :rotfl:

MaryAz
10-22-2009, 11:49 PM
Beautful room, wow, was that a zebra etched in the chair. Oh the theming, the big bed, oh man. I think I am waffling.....

Coach81
10-23-2009, 05:40 AM
Nice shot of the bathroom, but where was the toilet??? The AKL rooms are great! The theming is perfect! Alisa was a bit concerned about how dark it was, but once we saw the room, we loved it! The one bedrooms look amazing! I love the video clip to.. Cooper is too cute , he was ready to go swimmin' eh? A great update! Watching this makes me want to go back.. NOW! Lovin' it!

Brave teacher
10-23-2009, 07:11 PM
Your room at Kidani is gorgeous!

Thanks! We think so as well. Bryan now refuses to stay in anything other than a 1BR.

I have posted twice and my posts keep disappearing...:confused3 What a fabulous room! I keep trying to soften Joe up into considering DVC. Right after we come home he is all for it but then it kind of dies down until the next trip. I definitely need to show him your pics. I like the pic of you with the chair. Too cute. Congrats on the bonus and hooray for 7 months!!! :cool1::dance3::banana::dance3:

Do a tour while you are there. If he is on the bandwagon so much after the trip, he'll probably be eager to join at that point when it seems so bright and shiny. ;) Plus, if you become a member during your trip, I believ the money you paid for your room can go towards a downpayment on the contract. I loved that chair!

Wow!! A bonus AND a raise!! That's wonderful!!

LOVE your room--it's beautiful! Can't wait to hear more!

I know! The extra money is awesome. I love that room as well.

Congrats on the bonus!

The room at Kidani looks amazing....especially that bathroom! :love:
Can I come stay with you guys next time? :rotfl:

There is plenty of room in a 1BR!

Beautful room, wow, was that a zebra etched in the chair. Oh the theming, the big bed, oh man. I think I am waffling.....

I feel like I am playing Devil's Advocate over here. :upsidedow

Nice shot of the bathroom, but where was the toilet??? The AKL rooms are great! The theming is perfect! Alisa was a bit concerned about how dark it was, but once we saw the room, we loved it! The one bedrooms look amazing! I love the video clip to.. Cooper is too cute , he was ready to go swimmin' eh? A great update! Watching this makes me want to go back.. NOW! Lovin' it!

Sorry dude. You are the one who takes pictures of the toilet.

Brave teacher
10-24-2009, 08:36 AM
Remember when we were little, and the tooth fairy would leave us some money. I would get between 50 cents and $2 depending on how big the tooth was. Well, Sam lost his second tooth last night, and the tooth fairy has experienced inflation. "The Tooth Fairy" (aka Bryan) left Sam $10 for his tooth. I wish that were the case when I was his age.

We are bringing the boys to watch Astroboy today. Afterwards, Sam wants to go by something for himself. Later on, Bryan and Coach81 are going watch Saw VI. They don't want to be in the theater with all the crazy teens I teach later on.

Have a great day everyone!

MickeyisBeast
10-24-2009, 12:53 PM
Hey, I'm all caught up now, again! Love all the re-cap pictures!

Hope you guys have an awesome time today

Brave teacher
10-24-2009, 10:20 PM
Hey, I'm all caught up now, again! Love all the re-cap pictures!

Hope you guys have an awesome time today

Thanks! The movie was cute.

MaryAz
10-24-2009, 10:24 PM
Wow, can Bryan come to my house? Avery has lost 2 teeth and got $2 and a Disney $ for the first and $1 and 1 Disney dollar for the 2nd. Glad the movie was fun.

Brave teacher
10-24-2009, 10:27 PM
So, Bryan and I started with some fall cleaning today. We pretty much gutted Sam's room. We got rid of two lawn garbage bags of toys and garbage from his room. We moved his bed, toy box, and shelving system around. We need to prepare for Christmas. Sam's birthday is 2 weeks after CHristmas, so there is a very large influx of toys in my house during that time.

A friend of mine texted me while we were cleaning to ask what I have planned for tomorrow. Well, I am now bringing Cooper to New Orleans tomorrow to watch Elmo Live. I certainly wasn't planning on doing that, but I love spending time with my friends. Sam is going to stay home with Bryan to watch football.

Still looking for that waterproof camera. Bryan and I agreed that the camera woiuld be our CHristmas gift to each other. He is really big on reading reviews of every single electronic product he purchases. I think I may have him leaning towards the Canon D10 now. He is noticing that all of the other waterproof cameras have just as many negative reviews as they have positives. The Canon has an overwhelming positive reputation. He may be willing to pay the $300 now.

Brave teacher
10-24-2009, 10:30 PM
Wow, can Bryan come to my house? Avery has lost 2 teeth and got $2 and a Disney $ for the first and $1 and 1 Disney dollar for the 2nd. Glad the movie was fun.

:lmao:I agree! I pointed out to Sam this morning how he was so lucky that the tooth fairy "found" so much money for him.

leamom2princesses
10-24-2009, 11:04 PM
A new camera would be a great present to each other. It's not the same but I can speak to the manufacturer...I have a Canon Rebel XTi, got it in May 2007 as a mother's day present for DH :love:. It is an awesome camera. It works beautifully after 2.5 years. I have no desire to get a new one. I have a Canon 35mm bought in 2002 that still takes fantastic shots also. Canon makes good cameras-I don't think you can wrong if you get the Canon you've been investigating. Have fun tomorrow at Elmo Live!

Coach81
10-25-2009, 06:42 AM
Here is the camera that you need.. TRUST ME.

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1395

RachelNinja
10-25-2009, 07:22 AM
Just wanted to let you know that I'm reading! I was drawn to your PTR because of your username. Though I love all PTRs and TRs, I especially love any that are written by teachers! I think there are some things that only teachers understand about other teachers :D

Brave teacher
10-25-2009, 06:38 PM
A new camera would be a great present to each other. It's not the same but I can speak to the manufacturer...I have a Canon Rebel XTi, got it in May 2007 as a mother's day present for DH :love:. It is an awesome camera. It works beautifully after 2.5 years. I have no desire to get a new one. I have a Canon 35mm bought in 2002 that still takes fantastic shots also. Canon makes good cameras-I don't think you can wrong if you get the Canon you've been investigating. Have fun tomorrow at Elmo Live!

Thanks for your opinions on Canon cameras. Bryan keeps reminding me that we are not trying to replace our camera. We just want to add an additional camera so that we are able to take pictures where we oncer were not able to.

Here is the camera that you need.. TRUST ME.

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1395

We had looked at that one to tell you the truth. The problem Bryan had in the reviews was the constant description of the lag in taking a picture. The updated version of your camera is at Best Buy. We need to go try it out to see what we think.

Brave teacher
10-25-2009, 06:40 PM
Just wanted to let you know that I'm reading! I was drawn to your PTR because of your username. Though I love all PTRs and TRs, I especially love any that are written by teachers! I think there are some things that only teachers understand about other teachers :D

Thank you for joining me. What do you teach? I'll have to go check out your PTR.

Brave teacher
10-25-2009, 06:48 PM
So, Cooper and I had a great time today at Elmo Live. He is not the biggest Sesame Street fan. He grew up watching the things his brother wanted to watch, so although he watches it every once in a while, he isn't all gung-ho about it. Both Cooper and Wyatt traveled great.

The only downside of the trip was this woman that sat in front of us. She kept moving seats in front of us, so we would get one of the boys with an unobstructed view and then she would move in front of him again. Well, her purse fell on top of all of my stuff towards the end of the show, causing all of the trash in her purse to scatter. Well, she doesn't notice until she sees me putting her purse on the chair as I try to get her attention. Well, she comes sit in one of our seats to put all of her garbage back in her purse. She then looks at me rather sweetly and says "If you happen to find a thousand dollar bill, be sure to give it back to me please." I told her okay and that I would be sure to do so. Well, she then looks back at me and says that she does not believe me. ***? What made her think that I was lying to her?

Anyway, other than her, it was a great day!

Coach81
10-25-2009, 08:21 PM
The Olympus does a great job for us.. we have no complaints!!! It's a great camera.. but good luck finding the one you want..

leamom2princesses
10-25-2009, 08:53 PM
Hi Megan! Hope you've had a nice weekend. What was up with the lady at Elmo Live? :confused3 Do you think she was just joking or was she being rude? My MIL can be joking and she is so dry it comes across exceptionally rude.

Coach81
10-26-2009, 12:07 PM
So, Cooper and I had a great time today at Elmo Live. He is not the biggest Sesame Street fan. He grew up watching the things his brother wanted to watch, so although he watches it every once in a while, he isn't all gung-ho about it. Both Cooper and Wyatt traveled great.

The only downside of the trip was this woman that sat in front of us. She kept moving seats in front of us, so we would get one of the boys with an unobstructed view and then she would move in front of him again. Well, her purse fell on top of all of my stuff towards the end of the show, causing all of the trash in her purse to scatter. Well, she doesn't notice until she sees me putting her purse on the chair as I try to get her attention. Well, she comes sit in one of our seats to put all of her garbage back in her purse. She then looks at me rather sweetly and says "If you happen to find a thousand dollar bill, be sure to give it back to me please." I told her okay and that I would be sure to do so. Well, she then looks back at me and says that she does not believe me. ***? What made her think that I was lying to her?

Anyway, other than her, it was a great day!

I think she was probably just messing with you. You've been around your hubby too long.. so impulsive!!!

Brave teacher
10-26-2009, 12:16 PM
I think she was probably just messing with you. You've been around your hubby too long.. so impulsive!!!

Nope! I gave you the shortened version of her response. She then told me that she knows you young people are - always trying to steal from the older generations. She said that I may say that I would return any money that does not belong to me, but I wouldn't do it when it comes down to it in the end. She also told her daughter or DIL with who she was sitting that she thinks I was trying to steal her money. She was just speaking very ugly to me about the whole thing.

leamom2princesses
10-26-2009, 01:06 PM
Nope! I gave you the shortened version of her response. She then told me that she knows you young people are - always trying to steal from the older generations. She said that I may say that I would return any money that does not belong to me, but I wouldn't do it when it comes down to it in the end. She also told her daughter or DIL with who she was sitting that she thinks I was trying to steal her money. She was just speaking very ugly to me about the whole thing. Oh My! What a nasty lady! :scared1: What the heck was she doing at ELMO....???

Brave teacher
10-26-2009, 07:20 PM
Oh My! What a nasty lady! :scared1: What the heck was she doing at ELMO....???

I don't know, but she certainly was nasty!

Brave teacher
10-26-2009, 07:44 PM
Back to the planning for a bit tonight...

I do plan to go through every day of the trip to give you an idea of what we are looking forward to.

Our first park day, as I said earlier, is tentatively scheduled to be Epcot. Flower & Garden Festival will sadly be over. Plus, there is the large possibility that we will not be there exactly at rope drop - maybe an hour later.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00259.jpg

The use of Fastpass or baby swap will be based on Cooper's height. If he meets the 40" mark, Fastpass it will be.

Our must-do attractions at Epcot:
1. Soarin
2. Test Track
3. The Sea & Turtle Talk
4. Spaceship Earth
5. Figment
6. The boys found Innoventions this past summer and loved it.
7. Sam wants to try at least one Kim Possible mission.
8. We will save some WS exploration on our Illuminations night.
9. Madeline is wanting to do Mission: Space again as well.

Plus, we always like to visit ourselves from our honeymoon in 2000.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00268.jpg

Included in here somewhere, we also have 2 boys that want to go swimming and more than likely a dinner ADR.

Feel free to add your own critiques.

leamom2princesses
10-26-2009, 08:05 PM
Love all your choices...we've never done Figment or Kim Possible. Both are on our lists to try this trip. With all the rain we experienced this last trip we finally got to check out Innoventions. I was pleasantly surprised. I've heard lots of negative stuff but I think it's a great place for the family to unwind and cool off -learning something new is a bonus. :thumbsup2

We have a Leave A Legacy etching also. It's just a little message to my Mom and Dad. We like to check ours out too. :)

Brave teacher
10-26-2009, 08:14 PM
Love all your choices...we've never done Figment or Kim Possible. Both are on our lists to try this trip. With all the rain we experienced this last trip we finally got to check out Innoventions. I was pleasantly surprised. I've heard lots of negative stuff but I think it's a great place for the family to unwind and cool off -learning something new is a bonus. :thumbsup2

We have a Leave A Legacy etching also. It's just a little message to my Mom and Dad. We like to check ours out too. :)

The kids loved the ability to build their own video game and the fire safety lesson. Sam is very competitive and was so disappointed whne he and Bryan lost to Cooper and I.

MaryAz
10-26-2009, 09:14 PM
We like all those rides as well. Our first park day (Sun) will be at AK. I am hoping Cayley will be 40 inches as well.

Coach81
10-27-2009, 06:59 AM
Nope! I gave you the shortened version of her response. She then told me that she knows you young people are - always trying to steal from the older generations. She said that I may say that I would return any money that does not belong to me, but I wouldn't do it when it comes down to it in the end. She also told her daughter or DIL with who she was sitting that she thinks I was trying to steal her money. She was just speaking very ugly to me about the whole thing.

Wow... poor lady... she needed a :hug:

Coach81
10-27-2009, 07:02 AM
Kim Possible is a MUST DO!!! Z & Chase LOVED it!!! We have done several "missions" now and the boys - especially Z really get into it! They are great, because of the interaction, and the kids get to learn a bit about the culture of other people. Highly recommend it.. Sammy will totally dig it!!!

So jealous that you and the big lug got your pic at Epcot!

Love the schedule for Epcot.. gotta do Soarin'.. Test Track and MS.. (green line of course).. after that.. it's all good..

alboq
10-27-2009, 09:46 AM
Like Coach does Soarin' :rotfl: He's the fastpass runner to Test Track while we are on Soarin.

Brave teacher
10-27-2009, 01:03 PM
Like Coach does Soarin' :rotfl: He's the fastpass runner to Test Track while we are on Soarin.

I was about to comment on that. As if he would get on it!

Brave teacher
10-27-2009, 01:06 PM
So, I stayed home today with Cooper. We both have a sinus infection.

I must say, though. I am certainly happy that we changed the date of our vacation. If we would have kept the February dates, I would have had to partake in all the craziness today trying to get my ADRs. That is absolutely crazy! The system crashed before it even opened for the day! I am expecting my early moring on November 23rd to be a lot less stressful than this morning.

Brave teacher
10-27-2009, 01:09 PM
Kim Possible is a MUST DO!!! Z & Chase LOVED it!!! We have done several "missions" now and the boys - especially Z really get into it! They are great, because of the interaction, and the kids get to learn a bit about the culture of other people. Highly recommend it.. Sammy will totally dig it!!!

So jealous that you and the big lug got your pic at Epcot!

Love the schedule for Epcot.. gotta do Soarin'.. Test Track and MS.. (green line of course).. after that.. it's all good..

I know the boys loved it. Sam asked about it last summer, but we never got around to it. The use of the cell phone was initial interest for him.

As far as our photo at Epcot, we figured what better way to commemorate our newlywed status at that time.

You hitting up Soarin this time or still get too sick?

Brave teacher
10-27-2009, 01:11 PM
We like all those rides as well. Our first park day (Sun) will be at AK. I am hoping Cayley will be 40 inches as well.

I'll send some pixie dust your way in hopes of Cayley's growth. We normally do AK on the Sunday of our trip, but we are hoping for SWW. If they occur after we leave, we would probably hit up AK that day too.

Brave teacher
10-27-2009, 07:34 PM
When we go to WDW, I am always the first person to wake up in the morning. I get myself completely ready first and then wake up Bryan and the boys. Since we had the kitchen in our room, we had a few groceries for breakfast in the kitchen, but I love the chocolate chip croissants at Mara. I got up on that Sunday morning and got myself ready like usual. However, I woke up Bryan before I left for Mara and told him to get the boys ready that I was going get 2-3 three croissants. So, I walked myself from Kidani to Jambo, picked up 3 croissants, and walked back to our room at Kidani in about 10-12 minutes. When I returned, the boys and Bryan were all dressed, and they were just starting to eat breakfast. They asked if they could have breakfast on the balcony so they could watch the animals. We of course said yes.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00810.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00809.jpg

After eating, we headed down to the bus stop. I must say that if you are in the Timon section of Kidani Village the bus stop is so easily accessible. We were out there waiting for the bus by 7:30. Of course, we were the only ones out at the bus stop. We waited for maybe 10 minutes and were on our way.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00816.jpg

Don’t they all look thrilled. My boys LOVE to sit on the back of the bus. I don’t understand it. It is the hottest part of the bus. It is right above the engine.

When we stopped at Jambo House, no one got onto the bus there either. Bryan looked at me at that point and told me that this is how you know that you get to the park a bit early – you are the only fools on the bus. I don’t care.

The ride to DHS took us about 10 minutes. Sam got so excited to hear the Star Wars music playing as we walked to the gates. They of course had to take their picture.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00817-1.jpg

We walk up to the turnstiles and see some familiar faces. Our friends, the Boquets, are at the turnstile directly to our left. Thank goodness they were there though. I think I would have gone nuts if Sam didn’t have Zach or Cooper did not have “My Lisa” to talk to while we waited. (Up until recently, Cooper could not say Mrs. Alisa, so he would call her My Lisa. He can say her name correctly now, and it breaks Alisa’s heart since she is no longer his Lisa.)

leamom2princesses
10-27-2009, 08:22 PM
Awww....It's bittersweet when they start to lose the baby talk and start becoming "big kids" isn't it?

We're the crazy people standing by ourselves at the bus stop too. Love, love, love rope drop and the opening shows. :banana:

So when were you there last year...I've apparently forgotten? We were there for opening weekend of SWW (Memorial Day weekend). I'm hoping it is happening again one of the weekends we're there. Joe really enjoyed it.

Brave teacher
10-27-2009, 08:27 PM
Awww....It's bittersweet when they start to lose the baby talk and start becoming "big kids" isn't it?

We're the crazy people standing by ourselves at the bus stop too. Love, love, love rope drop and the opening shows. :banana:

So when were you there last year...I've apparently forgotten? We were there for opening weekend of SWW (Memorial Day weekend). I'm hoping it is happening again one of the weekends we're there. Joe really enjoyed it.

It is bittersweet. I think Alisa was hoping he could say her name, but was choosing not. I know she'll correct me if I am wrong.

Bryan used to not be a rope drop believer, but he has found that it actually fits our travel style best.

We were there for the second weekend. Our actual dates were May 30-June 5. We were at DHS for SWW on May 31st. We are hoping they follow the same schedule as last year. If so, we'll be there for the first weekend.

cbg1027
10-27-2009, 09:50 PM
It is a good thing you changed your trip dates and didn't have to try and make ADR's today!! Did you see all the posts from people asking why they the lines are busy? Uggg I feel so sorry for them! I hate that they changed back to the 180 days. I know for most people it's a good thing, but for me, none of my trips are planned 6 months or more in advance!

I like how you're making this PTR a TR as well. Makes for entertaining reading.

Hope you guys feel better soon!

MaryAz
10-27-2009, 10:46 PM
Cute pics, my girls also like the back of the bus. We are hoping my SWW as well. Very cute about "My Lisa". Our realtor's name is Melissa and Cayley calls her "A lissa"

Coach81
10-28-2009, 07:01 AM
I know the boys loved it. Sam asked about it last summer, but we never got around to it. The use of the cell phone was initial interest for him.

As far as our photo at Epcot, we figured what better way to commemorate our newlywed status at that time.

You hitting up Soarin this time or still get too sick?

My soarin' days are over.. unless I use my patented "superman" technique again :rotfl2:

Coach81
10-28-2009, 07:06 AM
Nice pic of the hubby in the back of the bus.. he is so excited, eh???? Byran has slowly, but surely been brought over to the dark side.. he is a Disney freak now.. whether he wants to admit it or not... It was good to see you guys there that early for SWW as well.. that was a great day, can't wait to see more of it!!!

alboq
10-28-2009, 11:33 AM
It does break my heart that I'm not called "My Lisa" anymore:sad1: I only have nieces and only from DHs side; So this was so special to me. But I love the little bugger anyway. :lovestruc Sammy,too.:lovestruc The Trahan boys, oh and Megan and Bryan, are very special to our family. We consider them family! :love:What better family--we all love Disney! :cloud9:

Brave teacher
10-28-2009, 04:40 PM
It is a good thing you changed your trip dates and didn't have to try and make ADR's today!! Did you see all the posts from people asking why they the lines are busy? Uggg I feel so sorry for them! I hate that they changed back to the 180 days. I know for most people it's a good thing, but for me, none of my trips are planned 6 months or more in advance!

I like how you're making this PTR a TR as well. Makes for entertaining reading.

Hope you guys feel better soon!

I know! I am so glad I didn't have to deal with all that mess. I am one of those that like the 180 day ADRs. I am glad you are enjoying the combo here.

I already feel much better thatn I did yesterday.

Cute pics, my girls also like the back of the bus. We are hoping my SWW as well. Very cute about "My Lisa". Our realtor's name is Melissa and Cayley calls her "A lissa"

What is the deal with the back of the bus? I don't get it. It is sooooo hot since you sit above the engine. It just boggles my mind sometimes.

My soarin' days are over.. unless I use my patented "superman" technique again :rotfl2:

I wish I could have a video or some sort of picture of this technique. I'd love to see it in action.;)

Nice pic of the hubby in the back of the bus.. he is so excited, eh???? Byran has slowly, but surely been brought over to the dark side.. he is a Disney freak now.. whether he wants to admit it or not... It was good to see you guys there that early for SWW as well.. that was a great day, can't wait to see more of it!!!

You see the trick is is that he wanted to be up early because we were going somewhere HE wanted to go. He had been looking forward to that one day. He wanted to get as much time with meeting characters and, most of all, checking out the collectibles as he could before the parade. I do believe he is a full Disney freak now. He has such a good time while we are there. He loves to see how the boys are in the parks.

It does break my heart that I'm not called "My Lisa" anymore:sad1: I only have nieces and only from DHs side; So this was so special to me. But I love the little bugger anyway. :lovestruc Sammy,too.:lovestruc The Trahan boys, oh and Megan and Bryan, are very special to our family. We consider them family! :love:What better family--we all love Disney! :cloud9:

I know it killed you when he finally said Mrs. Alisa. It was something special just for you. :love: What a nice thing for you to say. You know that yall are like family with us as well. However, I sometimes worry about how close Bryan and Randy can be.;)

wdwgirl03
10-28-2009, 04:53 PM
You should definitely do one of the KP missions. Your kids will love them. :thumbsup2

The changing back to 180 days for ADRs was nuts. Luckily we were finally able to get through today and luckily we are not ones to book half a dozen restaurants!

As for the back of the bus...I know when I was little and we'd go on field trips at school we'd always want to sit in the back because it was the bumpiest part of the bus. LOL!

Coach81
10-29-2009, 05:47 AM
If you only knew ;)

alboq
10-29-2009, 08:51 AM
If you only knew ;)

We knew it, trust me. Bryan and Randy go to the movies together more than the husbands and wives go together. Thank goodness we get couples night every once and a while---we need another before the holidays start up. :cool1:Great report Megan. It helps to fill in the blanks when we all were not together. Does Bryan want to take all his pics like he's in a police lineup?:rotfl:

ladybugmom
10-29-2009, 04:41 PM
Awww!! Love the pics!! We were at HS for SWW on May 22nd. It was a lot of fun. My dh is a big Star Wars buff--it was the first movie he saw in the theater. He was glad to get to do something other than princess activities that day!!

Brave teacher
10-29-2009, 07:57 PM
You should definitely do one of the KP missions. Your kids will love them. :thumbsup2

The changing back to 180 days for ADRs was nuts. Luckily we were finally able to get through today and luckily we are not ones to book half a dozen restaurants!

As for the back of the bus...I know when I was little and we'd go on field trips at school we'd always want to sit in the back because it was the bumpiest part of the bus. LOL!

We plan on trying KP. Sam is really looking forward to it this time around.

I'm glad to hear you got what you wanted. I would have gone nuts trying to get my ADRs yesterday. I am kinda obsessed about that stuff. Luckily, we know where it is we want to eat.

I remember liking the back of th bus when I was in school as well. I guess I grew up and just don't understand it anymore.

If you only knew ;)

I had a feeling there was more to it.:upsidedow

We knew it, trust me. Bryan and Randy go to the movies together more than the husbands and wives go together. Thank goodness we get couples night every once and a while---we need another before the holidays start up. :cool1:Great report Megan. It helps to fill in the blanks when we all were not together. Does Bryan want to take all his pics like he's in a police lineup?:rotfl:

I never knew there had to be an act of Congress for us to join them at the theater.:confused3 What's funny if that they don't even sit next to each other! They leave an open seat between them! Apparently, they are afraid of what it will look like if two men go to the movies with each other and actually sit next to each other and talk.:rotfl:

I agree. We need another one. We'll have to see what interests us before we suggest it to them.

Thanks for the compliment! I need to be able to fill the blanks with some Disney memories since I won't be there so soon.

As far as Bryan's pictures are concerned, I have always asked him why he insists on taking them like that. He doesn't have an answer for me though.:confused3

Awww!! Love the pics!! We were at HS for SWW on May 22nd. It was a lot of fun. My dh is a big Star Wars buff--it was the first movie he saw in the theater. He was glad to get to do something other than princess activities that day!!

Bryan is thankful every time we go that we have two boys. He likes that we can skip some of the more girly things and move on to other stuff. Alisa and I have said that we will have to do a princess meal with just the two of us on a trip pretty soon since we are so outnumbered. Maybe we can do some spa time as well. Alisa?

Brave teacher
10-29-2009, 08:00 PM
So, the boys have been hanging out with the boys and My Lisa when all of a sudden…

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00819.jpg

The stormtroopers come out! The boys became extremely excited, especially Sam. He was the most excited of the four of us. All he wanted to do today was meet Darth Vader. He had never met him, and he knew he would be there. We watched their show on the roof above the turnstiles for a bit, and before we knew it, the CM were opening up. It was time to get in! There was one family in front of us, and they had a stroller. However, they made it through the gate in record time! We go through the turnstiles and are among the first people at the rope.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00820.jpg

The plan for the morning? I will get the fastpasses for TSM, and Bryan and the boys will go in search of Darth Vader. We wanted to see him as early in the morning as possible to avoid longer lines later. We were more focused this trip on checking out all the Star Wars interactions on this day, rather than the attractions. We had just been here three months earlier, so we were okay if we didn’t get to see as many attractions.

Well, Sam became very antsy about having to wait this close to the rest of the park and not going in. At exactly 9AM, the rope dropped, and we were on our way.

So, how did our plan go?

Brave teacher
10-30-2009, 08:52 PM
You can get the May hours for each park in May if you adjust the date on the calendar day view. The last 8 digits of the url are the date (20100501 = May 1, 2010). If you replace the digits with a date in May, the EMH, park hours, and fireworks/parades for that day will come up for you.

May MK hours (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/magic-kingdom/calendardayview/?asmbly_day=20100501)

May Epcot hours (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/epcot/calendardayview/?asmbly_day=20100501)

May DHS hours (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/hollywood-studios/calendardayview/?asmbly_day=20100501)

May AK hours (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/animal-kingdom/calendardayview/?asmbly_day=20100501)

I already pulled my park hours for May 22nd-28th.

ladybugmom
10-30-2009, 09:56 PM
You can get the May hours for each park in May if you adjust the date on the calendar day view. The last 8 digits of the url are the date (20100501 = May 1, 2010). If you replace the digits with a date in May, the EMH, park hours, and fireworks/parades for that day will come up for you.

May MK hours (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/magic-kingdom/calendardayview/?asmbly_day=20100501)

May Epcot hours (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/epcot/calendardayview/?asmbly_day=20100501)

May DHS hours (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/hollywood-studios/calendardayview/?asmbly_day=20100501)

May AK hours (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/animal-kingdom/calendardayview/?asmbly_day=20100501)

I already pulled my park hours for May 22nd-28th.

Thank you!! That will be helpful in planning!! :goodvibes

MaryAz
10-30-2009, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I noticed that some nights had entertainment and closing at the same time? None of the EMH match my tentative plans..oh well.

Brave teacher
10-31-2009, 10:09 AM
Thank you!! That will be helpful in planning!! :goodvibes

No problem! I'm glad I could help.

Thanks for the heads up. I noticed that some nights had entertainment and closing at the same time? None of the EMH match my tentative plans..oh well.

I noticed the same thing. I was confused as to what to do about the hours and EMH scedule before now. I normally look at the specific week for the previous year, but I knew things would be different. I knew Memorial Day would be a factor. This year it fell on our travel week. Next year it is the week after. I am now trying to figure out ADRs now. I need to get with Alisa to figure out our Ohana night. We'll be having a meal for 13 people.

Brave teacher
10-31-2009, 10:11 AM
:stir:pirate:HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!pirate::stir:

Brave teacher
11-01-2009, 07:48 PM
So, the CM has dropped the rope. We began walking with the crowd towards Pixar Place. I get to the fastpass machine, and I get a return time shortly after 10AM. SCORE!

Bryan brings the camera with him on their search for Vader. They run into Jango Fett and a bounty hunter along the way.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00822.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00824.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00827.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/Image007.jpg

Up next, Vader anyone?

MaryAz
11-01-2009, 08:19 PM
Wow, 13 people. Thats a big dinner! Cute pic from SW weekend.

ladybugmom
11-01-2009, 10:30 PM
Cool pics!! Love the cute SWW photopass add-ons. For some reason they weren't available for me to add to my SWW pics.

Coach81
11-02-2009, 06:51 AM
Very nice pictures with the Bounty Hunters! We did our "usual" stuff.. Toy Story Mania, then Rock n Roller, and Tower of Terror.. we met Vader later on... and had to wait in line for just a bit..

RachelNinja
11-02-2009, 03:07 PM
I just recently rewatched part of Star Wars Episode 6 with Weird. Some of those characters are really frightening! I think I might be a little hesitant to go to Star Wars Weekend, but from afar, it looks really fun! I do think Weird would like to go see it though! I'd just like to see some cute Ewoks!

MickeyisBeast
11-02-2009, 05:35 PM
Love the pics from the SW weekend!

leamom2princesses
11-02-2009, 09:02 PM
Great pics Megan. The bounty hunter kept moving around and changing locations. Every time she'd take off someone else got in front of us. Joe didn't feel like chasing her down anymore so we just got in line for Vader. :lmao:

wdwgirl03
11-03-2009, 07:55 AM
I'm not a huge Star Wars fan but I think it would be interesting to go sometime during SWW. Cool pictures!

Brave teacher
11-03-2009, 08:33 PM
Wow, 13 people. Thats a big dinner! Cute pic from SW weekend.

It is a big dinner, but I am very much looking forward to it.

Cool pics!! Love the cute SWW photopass add-ons. For some reason they weren't available for me to add to my SWW pics.

Thanks! That sucks that the little enhacements weren't there for you. We made sure to add them onto every single one of our pics.

Very nice pictures with the Bounty Hunters! We did our "usual" stuff.. Toy Story Mania, then Rock n Roller, and Tower of Terror.. we met Vader later on... and had to wait in line for just a bit..

We don't have to head down Sunset just yet. We do whatever it is the boys want to do. The kids are too small for RNRC, and Sam is beyond afraid of TOT right now. We'll get down there when Cooper is begging to go. Bryan's biggest request was Vader first. He kept reading the line can get so long, and he wanted nothing with that. You know how patient he can be sometimes.;)

Brave teacher
11-03-2009, 08:38 PM
I just recently rewatched part of Star Wars Episode 6 with Weird. Some of those characters are really frightening! I think I might be a little hesitant to go to Star Wars Weekend, but from afar, it looks really fun! I do think Weird would like to go see it though! I'd just like to see some cute Ewoks!

There really is nothing to be frightened of with SWW. It really is such a family friendly event.

Love the pics from the SW weekend!

Thanks! Have fun! I know you are leaving soon!

Great pics Megan. The bounty hunter kept moving around and changing locations. Every time she'd take off someone else got in front of us. Joe didn't feel like chasing her down anymore so we just got in line for Vader. :lmao:

We lucked out with her. SHe walked right out to where Bryan and the boys were walking. She actually came out from behind Samuel because he had his eye on Jango at the time.

I'm not a huge Star Wars fan but I think it would be interesting to go sometime during SWW. Cool pictures!

I am not a big SW fan either, but I totally bit the bullet for the boys. It was actually one of my selling pints when trying to convince Bryan that we should use our 2008 points rather than banking them.

Brave teacher
11-03-2009, 08:46 PM
After Bryan and the boys found the bounty hunter chick and Jango Fett, I met up with them as they were on their way to Vader. We get there, and there are like two whole people in line. I love it when we catch characters with no one there.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/Image008.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/Image010.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00829.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/Image012.jpg

It was funny because the entire time we were with him, Cooper could not keep his eyes off of him. It was almost as if he was going to force him if he looked away.

After the boys met with Vader for a bit, we began to explore the park to see what else was going on. We ran into a few set ups in the area behind Star Tours and had a little fun.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00830.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00833.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00835.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/Image021.jpg

As we got to the front near the hat again, we ran into Chip & Dale. Cooper wanted to see them. Sam, not so much. We had fun with them as they stole Cooper's sprayer and began fighting with each other.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/Image024.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/Image030.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/Image028.jpg

Afte Cooper and I finished with Chip & Dale, we discovered that Jedi Mickey would be coming out in less than 10 minutes, so we jumped into line. Sam was hot, so he began playing with his water sprayer.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00836.jpg

Finally, it was our turn!

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00838.jpg

Afterwards, we did something we had never done before – the Great Movie Ride. I can’t believe it took us this long to get around to doing this! We enjoyed it, but Cooper just did not like the fact that “the lady with the gun is driving our ride.” I love how innocent he is! By this time we were within our fastpass window for TSM. We wanted to be sure to do this and check out Wicket’s Warehouse before it was time for the parade.

Next update, Star Wars Parade with Coach81 & alboq…

ladybugmom
11-03-2009, 09:00 PM
YAY!! More great pictures!! I love that Cooper couldn't take his eyes off of Darth Vader!! Sooo cute!!

Coach81
11-04-2009, 06:57 AM
Bryan's weight loss really shows in these pics, I'm so proud of him! Cooper's reaction to Vader is absolutely PRICELESS.. his little eyes are FIXED on the dark lord... too funny!!! If our summer trip happens to fall during SWW again, I think we'll try to follow your game plan this time (at least Zach and I will, not sure about mommy and Chase).. go get some great pictures done FIRST. Looks like you guys had an absolute BLAST that morning. Our boys made us ride the Great Movie Ride for the first time a year ago.. it was surprisingly good, but we went again this past trip and it was just ok.. not as cool the second time. Can't wait to see the pics from the parade.. hope you got some of me!!!!

RachelNinja
11-04-2009, 03:01 PM
The picture of you and Sam as action figures is the best! That's such a creative photo opportunity.

Brave teacher
11-04-2009, 08:10 PM
YAY!! More great pictures!! I love that Cooper couldn't take his eyes off of Darth Vader!! Sooo cute!!

I loved it as well. Bryan asked him about it later. He said he was just being careful.. He didn't want to make Lord Vader angry.:lmao:

Brave teacher
11-04-2009, 08:18 PM
Bryan's weight loss really shows in these pics, I'm so proud of him! Cooper's reaction to Vader is absolutely PRICELESS.. his little eyes are FIXED on the dark lord... too funny!!! If our summer trip happens to fall during SWW again, I think we'll try to follow your game plan this time (at least Zach and I will, not sure about mommy and Chase).. go get some great pictures done FIRST. Looks like you guys had an absolute BLAST that morning. Our boys made us ride the Great Movie Ride for the first time a year ago.. it was surprisingly good, but we went again this past trip and it was just ok.. not as cool the second time. Can't wait to see the pics from the parade.. hope you got some of me!!!!

I know. You've been here before as we look at pictures. He is amazed every time he looks to see what he looked like 2 years ago.

You know, we had talked about our game plan ahead of time. Since we had just been there 3 months prior to that trip, we decided SW first and attractions were secondary. You know, that's why we love DVC. Every vacation is so laid back now. It was a blast. We just enjoyed ourselves roaming around the park and not focusing as much on the attractions. It was a very nice morning.

Brave teacher
11-04-2009, 08:22 PM
The picture of you and Sam as action figures is the best! That's such a creative photo opportunity.

Thanks! It certainly was fun. There was absolutely no one around there. Later on in the day after the parade, Ahsooka (sp?) was in there with a Photopass guy. Sam saw the set up though and suggested that we take a picture being caught in the box.

Brave teacher
11-04-2009, 08:25 PM
I will likely be MIA tomorrow as it will be my birthday. We are going to dinner somewhere, not sure yet though where we are going. I ordered myself some shoes for my birthday. I got a fanteastic deal. I got 6 pairs of shoes for less than $100 from www.6pm.com (http://www.6pm.com) and that is WITH shipping!

RachelNinja
11-04-2009, 08:28 PM
I hope you have a wonderful birthday! :cake: Great shoe deals!!! Going to check it now; maybe I'll buy something too ... you know, in celebration of your birthday! :thumbsup2

Brave teacher
11-04-2009, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the birthday wish!

Go and enjoy the site. My order consisted of 3 pairs ar $10 each and 3 pairs at $20 each. I actually went there today checking on the shipping status and found two or three more that I wanted. However, I don't think telling Bryan that I ordered another $20-30 of shoes would be cool. BTW, I order them Sunday evening and sent them regular shipping, and they will be here tomorrow!

leamom2princesses
11-04-2009, 08:48 PM
Great DHS pics. I like the action figure one also.

Hope you have a fantastic birthday! :bday::cake: Enjoy your shoes.

Coach81
11-05-2009, 05:32 AM
Let me be the first to tell you HAPPY BIRTHDAY.. ON YOUR BIRTHDAY!!! Hope you have a great day!!!

cbg1027
11-06-2009, 12:10 AM
Happy Birthday!!!!

I love the photos of you guys at SWW!

I just rode the Great Movie ride on Sunday night. I rode it about 10 years ago so I didn't remember much, but I really liked how there were a few real actors in the experience....really enhanced the ride!

Brave teacher
11-06-2009, 08:32 PM
Great DHS pics. I like the action figure one also.

Hope you have a fantastic birthday! :bday::cake: Enjoy your shoes.

Let me be the first to tell you HAPPY BIRTHDAY.. ON YOUR BIRTHDAY!!! Hope you have a great day!!!

Happy Birthday!!!!

I love the photos of you guys at SWW!

I just rode the Great Movie ride on Sunday night. I rode it about 10 years ago so I didn't remember much, but I really liked how there were a few real actors in the experience....really enhanced the ride!

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes. I had a grat day!

Abby - I need to go check out your TR not that you got back. I look forward to hearing about the trip.

MaryAz
11-06-2009, 08:50 PM
Great pics. I love Chip and Dale! Happy Birthday-glad it was a fun day!!

Brave teacher
11-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Great pics. I love Chip and Dale! Happy Birthday-glad it was a fun day!!

Thanks Mary!

Brave teacher
11-08-2009, 12:33 PM
So after a lot of persuasion on my part, Bryan has finally agreed to my plan for departure day. We will leave Houma as soon as I get out of school for the day on the 21st. We will drive the 540 miles to the Country Inn in Lake CIty. We will spend the night and be back on the road by 7AM the next morning. Breakfast will either be the complimentary continental breakfast at the hotel or at the very close by Cracke Barrel. I told Bryan that I wanted us to get to Kidani by 9 or 9:30 and to Epcot no later than 10.

Also an update on our departure day from WDW. Bryan just realized that with the WP&F option ot our ticket he will also get entrances into DQ and Oak Trail golf. He is contemplating right now playing a round of golf on Friday morning before we leave. That would give Madeline, the boys, and myself a couple of hours in the park before we would leave to come home.

pocahontasgal87
11-08-2009, 02:14 PM
sounds like an excellent plan u have:) i always wanted to try a mini golf in the world, i should mention it to my parents and we can try it on one of our days off. And i hope to try disney quest for the first time:D

MaryAz
11-08-2009, 06:32 PM
Sounds like a great plan (except for all that driving) More park time on the last day is always good.

leamom2princesses
11-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Sounds like it's all coming together. Some extra park time on the last day will be nice. So are we all hanging out in the early hours on 11/23? :lmao: I'm starting to finalize our ADR choices. It's so hard to choose from so many great places. How are you coming along?

Brave teacher
11-08-2009, 08:57 PM
sounds like an excellent plan u have:) i always wanted to try a mini golf in the world, i should mention it to my parents and we can try it on one of our days off. And i hope to try disney quest for the first time:D

Sounds like a great plan (except for all that driving) More park time on the last day is always good.

He finally just gave in. At one point, he told me (when discussing ADRs) to do whatever I wanted to. I then said that meant I could leave when I wanted as well.

I am hoping he wants to do the golf on the last day. He is unsure of it now, but I am sure that with everything that he wants to do, he will realize that playing the nine hole course Friday AM before we leave is a good plan.

Brave teacher
11-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Sounds like it's all coming together. Some extra park time on the last day will be nice. So are we all hanging out in the early hours on 11/23? :lmao: I'm starting to finalize our ADR choices. It's so hard to choose from so many great places. How are you coming along?

It seems that everything is coming together at this point. I always beg for that extra park timie on the last day. I have my fingers crossed that I will actually have that time this trip.

Yep. I'll be awake on the night of the 22nd/23rd. Everything is falling into place. I still need to sit with Alisa for us to decide when the meal at Ohana will be.

As of now, this is what the plan looks like.

Saturday, 5/22 - lunch at Le Cellier, dinner at either EoS or WPE at DTD
Sunday, 5/23 - I am thinking this is a good place for Ohana to fall for dinner. We'll see.
Monday, 5/24 - Dinner at ESPN Club after a long day at TL
Tuesday, 5/25 - Dinner at Sanaa at Kidani after a day at BB
Wednesday, 5/26 - Dinner at WCC
Thursday, 5/27 - breakfast at Tusker House, dinner at CM

So, how does it look? Alisa, let me know if Ohana is okay that night. As I told you, I'll have a reservation for 5 when I book at 2AM. I will call later that morning to book the dinner for 14 if I can. If they can't get it for me, at least I'll have a dinner already booked.

Coach81
11-09-2009, 06:07 AM
I'm so disappointed in Bryan... once again, he was no match for the powers of the Disney Queen!!! He will thank you when he can function the next day I think. The Sunday night would be perfect for our "grand gathering" at Ohanas. See what my queen says about that. Looking like we will be joining you guys for TL at least, but according to the Prosperies.. we may skip BB. They are more interested in doing the parks. We shall see. It also looks like we will be flying in on the Saturday morning and staying at SSR on a cash ress so who knows, maybe we'll meet up that Saturday somewhere. Looks like the plans are coming together.. but who knows.. sometimes things change.

leamom2princesses
11-09-2009, 07:19 PM
Your choices in ADR's look good. Le Cellier and Ohana are yummy! Haven't tried the others. WCC is on our list this year too. I'm still working on finalizing our plan. We took advantage of Evening EMH last year and loved it so I'm trying to work it out where we keep the ADR's at places at or near where we plan to be in the evening.

cbg1027
11-09-2009, 08:37 PM
Ha no rush....I've been a lot slower to post than I thought I would be. Getting back in to the swing of everyday life I suppose. :laundy:

Glad to hear you guys will take a driving break. I can barely handle my 4 hour drive!

Mmmm I want to come to Sanaa with you! Thats one of the places I haven't been to near the top of my list for where I want to go next time I make ADR's. I'm already conceptualizing a spring break trip.....I have yet to figure out where the funds will come from though. :rotfl: Details, details....

Coach81
11-11-2009, 06:05 AM
I personally get "up" for the drive.. not that it's all that fun, but I look forward to it.. I guess 'cause I know what awaits when I finally arrive.. JOY!!!

Brave teacher
11-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Ha no rush....I've been a lot slower to post than I thought I would be. Getting back in to the swing of everyday life I suppose. :laundy:

Glad to hear you guys will take a driving break. I can barely handle my 4 hour drive!

Mmmm I want to come to Sanaa with you! Thats one of the places I haven't been to near the top of my list for where I want to go next time I make ADR's. I'm already conceptualizing a spring break trip.....I have yet to figure out where the funds will come from though. :rotfl: Details, details....

Still need to go check out that TR of yours. Busy right now... So happy about him finally agreeing with me. Sanaa = yummy!

I personally get "up" for the drive.. not that it's all that fun, but I look forward to it.. I guess 'cause I know what awaits when I finally arrive.. JOY!!!

I know that we all look forward to the moment we finally get there, but it's rough with part of the trip being in the dark. It makes me tired as I drive.

Brave teacher
11-11-2009, 08:44 PM
I have been MIA for awhile. It is the end of our grading period over here. Been busy with grades.

Now I go to search for my PTR, and I was having trouble finding it. Come to find out...it was moved to the trip report board. I'm guessing that with my update of Departure Day in my title, the mods thought I left and moved me. Oh well! I'll see if I can get me moved back.:lmao:

cbg1027
11-12-2009, 12:54 AM
I have been MIA for awhile. It is the end of our grading period over here. Been busy with grades.

Now I go to search for my PTR, and I was having trouble finding it. Come to find out...it was moved to the trip report board. I'm guessing that with my update of Departure Day in my title, the mods thought I left and moved me. Oh well! I'll see if I can get me moved back.:lmao:

Oh :rotfl:....too bad you didn't leave today!

Coach81
11-12-2009, 07:51 AM

Oh yeah.. that's right.. you're a REAL teacher :lmao:

Coach81
11-12-2009, 08:15 AM
Megan, you doing black Friday again this year? I have VOLUNTEERED to do it this year while Alisa is in Texas!!!

leamom2princesses
11-12-2009, 09:06 AM
Okay so it's not me....I was looking for your PTR last night and couldn't find it. Looks like it's back where it's supposed to be now YAY!!! :banana:

Brave teacher
11-12-2009, 10:40 AM
Oh :rotfl:....too bad you didn't leave today!

I WISH!:cloud9:

Oh yeah.. that's right.. you're a REAL teacher :lmao:

That's right! Sometimes, us real teachers have to do a little bit more work than others.

Megan, you doing black Friday again this year? I have VOLUNTEERED to do it this year while Alisa is in Texas!!!

Yes, I will be shopping again on Friday. We are getting Sam a new TV for his room, so we are looking for whatever store has the best deal. My sister Madeline will be coming with me.

Okay so it's not me....I was looking for your PTR last night and couldn't find it. Looks like it's back where it's supposed to be now YAY!!! :banana:

I know! I couldn't find my own. I'm glad to be back.:goodvibes

Brave teacher
11-12-2009, 10:41 AM
I know I am being a bad teacher logging on to the Disboards while I am at school, but I was getting ready to post my grades and wanted to check to see if I had been moved back yet.

Back to being a responsible teacher now.

Coach81
11-13-2009, 05:39 AM
I'm gonna tell NASON!!!!

So is he still moving out soon?

Where are the TR updates????

cbg1027
11-13-2009, 09:33 PM
I know I am being a bad teacher logging on to the Disboards while I am at school, but I was getting ready to post my grades and wanted to check to see if I had been moved back yet.

Back to being a responsible teacher now.

:lmao:

Well I would have a new found desire to perform well in class if I caught my teacher on the DIS Boards!

Brave teacher
11-14-2009, 09:16 PM
I'm gonna tell NASON!!!!

So is he still moving out soon?

Where are the TR updates????

Whatever! It was at lunch!

As far as his move, who knows? Your guess is as good as mine.

Next one is coming...

Brave teacher
11-14-2009, 09:18 PM
:lmao:

Well I would have a new found desire to perform well in class if I caught my teacher on the DIS Boards!

The only time the disboards ever come out during a class may be during a test when I change my background. I'll go on the picture of the day and pick one picture from there. I am responsible during class.

Brave teacher
11-14-2009, 10:03 PM
I know it has been quite some time since we had an update on here, so here we go!

Where I left off, we were going to TSM. We rode using our fastpasses and then went over to Wicket’s Warehouse. Bryan and the boys must have spent about an hour in there looking at all of the SW merchandise. Afterwards, we left to find a spot for the parade.

While searching for a spot, we ran into the Boquets in front of AIE. We scooped up the leftover spots with them and began the wait. After about 30 minutes, the parade started.
Just a few pictures…

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00844.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00846.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00847.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00849.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00854.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00855.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00862.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00867.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00868.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00870.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00873.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00876.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00877.jpg

Bryan and Randy’s favorite part of the parade….Ashooka.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00881.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00885.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00888.jpg

After the parade was over, we explored a bit more and eventually headed over to Pizza Planet for lunch. How come DHS has no really good QS places?

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00893.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00894.jpg

As we passed by, there was this stormtrooper patrolling the area. He came across a man sleeping on a bench and was not so happy. Bryan caught a picture as the man was waking up.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00895.jpg

After eating at Pizza Planet, we headed to the first afternoon showing of Lights, Motors, Action. As usual, the boys loved all the stunts. We planned to go back to Kidani afterwards. The Boquets were coming over to swim. Bryan had been texting with them since lunch. They were on their way out the park too. On our way out though, the boys wanted to stop and look at souvenirs in the hat. We ran into the Boquets there as they were on their way to see the Up characters. They told us they would be leaving as well, so we got Cooper his greatly desired souvenir – a Goofy hat. We then headed back to the hotel for an afternoon of swimming and dinner at Sanaa.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00897.jpg

ladybugmom
11-14-2009, 11:16 PM
Awww!! Great pics!!! My hubby just LOVED the SWW parade when we were there!!

cbg1027
11-15-2009, 01:25 AM
Seeing your boys at SWW makes me want to take my nephew!!! He's 5 and looooves Star Wars. And Pirates of the Caribbean!

Now that I have a seasonal pass, I really want to take my niece and nephew in the coming year. I keep trying to come up with ways to do it, and my only option is to ask my brother, their dad, if he'll pay their way. And no other adults in the family seem to want to come with me. :confused3

Besides that, my nephew has been having a lot of asthma issues so I doubt they would let him go on a trip anytime soon. :sad1: They also have him on a no wheat, no dairy, and no sugar diet. It's like well jeez what does the poor kid eat?

So then I was like maybe I could just take my niece. But it seems really mean to take one of them and not the other.

I know I just need to talk with my brother and wife to see if anything is possible...

OK this is getting long....:rolleyes:

Coach81
11-15-2009, 06:22 AM
That parade really rocked! How 'bout the spot we found? Out of the sun, great spot for pictures.. we rule! Bryan and I were actually more "impressed" with the voice actress of Ashooka than the character (although the character was hot as well). Now that I commented on your hubby.. it is your turn, wow you can really tell how much weight you've lost since those pictures.. GOOD JOB MEGAN!!! The afternoon at Kidani was awesome.. the boys really enjoyed the swim area. It was really fun to hang out with you guys. But the water park... well that was a whole nutha level!

leamom2princesses
11-15-2009, 07:45 PM
Great update Megan! I agree there really isn't a good QS place at DHS.

Brave teacher
11-15-2009, 08:32 PM
Awww!! Great pics!!! My hubby just LOVED the SWW parade when we were there!!

Thanks! I don't know who was more excited about everything associated with SWW - Bryan or the boys.

Brave teacher
11-15-2009, 08:37 PM
Seeing your boys at SWW makes me want to take my nephew!!! He's 5 and looooves Star Wars. And Pirates of the Caribbean!

Now that I have a seasonal pass, I really want to take my niece and nephew in the coming year. I keep trying to come up with ways to do it, and my only option is to ask my brother, their dad, if he'll pay their way. And no other adults in the family seem to want to come with me. :confused3

Besides that, my nephew has been having a lot of asthma issues so I doubt they would let him go on a trip anytime soon. :sad1: They also have him on a no wheat, no dairy, and no sugar diet. It's like well jeez what does the poor kid eat?

So then I was like maybe I could just take my niece. But it seems really mean to take one of them and not the other.

I know I just need to talk with my brother and wife to see if anything is possible...

OK this is getting long....:rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about the issues with your nephew. Talk to your brother and sil and see what they think. It could surprise you!

Brave teacher
11-15-2009, 08:42 PM
That parade really rocked! How 'bout the spot we found? Out of the sun, great spot for pictures.. we rule! Bryan and I were actually more "impressed" with the voice actress of Ashooka than the character (although the character was hot as well). Now that I commented on your hubby.. it is your turn, wow you can really tell how much weight you've lost since those pictures.. GOOD JOB MEGAN!!! The afternoon at Kidani was awesome.. the boys really enjoyed the swim area. It was really fun to hang out with you guys. But the water park... well that was a whole nutha level!

It certainly was a nice spot. Sorry. This is the Ashooka that was key to Bryan and Randy.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00883.jpg

Thanks for that one! Bryan and I were talking this weekend about starting to watch what we eat again. I know you noticed us not being as diligant with our meals lately. It's coming around again. I want to lose some more before we get back over there.

Feel free to share any pictures of yall coming over to swim at Kidani. You have all of those pictures.

Brave teacher
11-15-2009, 08:44 PM
Great update Megan! I agree there really isn't a good QS place at DHS.

Thanks! What is up with the lack of chices at DHS? I just don't understand it. The boys like Pizza Planet, but it is one of my least favorites.

Coach81
11-16-2009, 06:34 AM
It certainly was a nice spot. Sorry. This is the Ashooka that was key to Bryan and Randy.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/megantrahan/May%20PTR%20photos/DSC00883.jpg

Thanks for that one! Bryan and I were talking this weekend about starting to watch what we eat again. I know you noticed us not being as diligant with our meals lately. It's coming around again. I want to lose some more before we get back over there.

Feel free to share any pictures of yall coming over to swim at Kidani. You have all of those pictures.

That's my girl!!! She was very easy on the eyes :eek:

wdwgirl03
11-16-2009, 06:50 AM
Wow, I love the parade pictures! Jedi Mickey is so cute. haha! How did they pick the kids, were they just the same ones chosen for one of the Jedi Training Academies? :confused3 How fun for them!

Brave teacher
11-16-2009, 07:39 AM
That's my girl!!! She was very easy on the eyes :eek:

I just remember yall talking about Ahsooka. I never remember which one yall liked. Glad I could help.

Brave teacher
11-16-2009, 07:40 AM
Wow, I love the parade pictures! Jedi Mickey is so cute. haha! How did they pick the kids, were they just the same ones chosen for one of the Jedi Training Academies? :confused3 How fun for them!

The kids in the parade were those that were picked for the Jedi Training Academy if I remember correctly. I didn't pay that close enough attention for it to stick.

Brave teacher
11-16-2009, 07:42 AM
So, I am staying home today. Cooper has very bad seasonal allergies, so he is constantly coughing and all. He is on a play allergy medication for it, but I still listen very carefully to his cough to determine changes in it. Well, I woke him up this morning to get ready for school, and it sounded very deep and throaty. Doctor it is today!

leamom2princesses
11-17-2009, 08:23 PM
Hi Megan! How is Cooper? Hope he's feeling better.

I'm not a fan of Pizza Planet either. This last trip was the worst. Of course it was coming a flood and 5000 people were all scrambling for the same 30 tables...that might have a little to do with it. :lmao:

Coach81
11-18-2009, 05:40 AM
Sorry to hear about Daisy! Hope you find a good home for her.. I'll miss her, she was always fun to play with. Hope the boys will be ok with it.

kcandbella
11-18-2009, 11:16 PM
Hi Megan, just finished reading your PTR and wanted to tell you that your boys are adorable! I'm also a teacher, only kindergarten instead of high school! My daughter is 4, we will be there in early May. Looking forward to reading more!

Brave teacher
11-19-2009, 06:02 AM
Hi Megan, just finished reading your PTR and wanted to tell you that your boys are adorable! I'm also a teacher, only kindergarten instead of high school! My daughter is 4, we will be there in early May. Looking forward to reading more!

Thanks for reading anf hopping on in. I truly believe it takes a special person to teach kindergarten. That's a lot of little ones to handle! I'll be sharing more soon. I have just been super busy with things this week at school. Luckily I live in a school district that gets an entire week off for Thanksgiving. After tomorrow, I am FREE! (at least for a little while...)

kcandbella
11-19-2009, 07:05 AM
Thanks for reading anf hopping on in. I truly believe it takes a special person to teach kindergarten. That's a lot of little ones to handle! I'll be sharing more soon. I have just been super busy with things this week at school. Luckily I live in a school district that gets an entire week off for Thanksgiving. After tomorrow, I am FREE! (at least for a little while...)

You ARE lucky! We only get Weds, Thurs, and Fri. I am exactly the opposite, I could never teach high school. Kindergarten is a lot of fun usually. I am definitely looking forward to those days off though. We are not out by our travel dates, so I am taking a whole week off in May. Just one more reason to look forward to it!

MMitchell29
11-19-2009, 08:44 AM
I am finally finished. That was a very good TR. I really enjoyed reading it. It must be so nice to have another there with you that enjoy Disney as much as you do:cool1: I try and get my neighbors to go but it's like beating a dead horse so I stop asking.

We are going around the same time as you but we're leaving early Saturday morning around 5am and driving straight through. We normally like to go at 2 times a year but we usually stay offsite. This time i'm glad to say that we will be staying at the CR :cool1: That 40% off pin code was too good to pass up plus I will be celebrating my 40th birthday while there. :banana:

Your boys are just too cute. So when do you plan on getting that girl so I can tell you wear to find the inexpensive princess dresses are :rotfl:

Coach81
11-19-2009, 02:09 PM
Great question, when ARE YOU getting that girl??? We need a Disney Princess in the family!!!

MaryAz
11-19-2009, 05:57 PM
I'm back after a short internet shut off. Great SWW update. Hope the cough was nothing to serious.

Brave teacher
11-19-2009, 08:42 PM
You ARE lucky! We only get Weds, Thurs, and Fri. I am exactly the opposite, I could never teach high school. Kindergarten is a lot of fun usually. I am definitely looking forward to those days off though. We are not out by our travel dates, so I am taking a whole week off in May. Just one more reason to look forward to it!

For the longest time when I was growing up, I thought it was absolutelu normal to get the whole week off for Thanksgiving. It wasn't until I became a teacher that I found out we were the abnormal ones here in S. Louisiana. I always look forward to having extra days off. It seems to make the teaching week go by faster.

Brave teacher
11-19-2009, 08:47 PM
I am finally finished. That was a very good TR. I really enjoyed reading it. It must be so nice to have another there with you that enjoy Disney as much as you do:cool1: I try and get my neighbors to go but it's like beating a dead horse so I stop asking.

We are going around the same time as you but we're leaving early Saturday morning around 5am and driving straight through. We normally like to go at 2 times a year but we usually stay offsite. This time i'm glad to say that we will be staying at the CR :cool1: That 40% off pin code was too good to pass up plus I will be celebrating my 40th birthday while there. :banana:

Your boys are just too cute. So when do you plan on getting that girl so I can tell you wear to find the inexpensive princess dresses are :rotfl:

Thanks for joining in on the reading. We have been lucky that we have some really close friends that enjoy going to WDW as much (maybe even more) than we do.

We have done the early morning as well, butthat day just make s me so tired. I can't sleep in the car for some reason. I just can't get comfortable. Congrats on the CR. I'm sure it makes things easier knowing that it was 40% off. I wish I could go to WDW for my birthday one year, but I am sure it won't happen till I retire. I feel too guilty taking that much time off.

Thanks on the compliments about the boys. I'm sure some people on here (randy) would be thrilled if we had another baby, but that sip has sailed. There are no more babies in our future.

Brave teacher
11-19-2009, 08:49 PM
Great question, when ARE YOU getting that girl??? We need a Disney Princess in the family!!!

You should have thought about that before you and ALisa decided to stop having kids.

Brave teacher
11-19-2009, 08:53 PM
I'm back after a short internet shut off. Great SWW update. Hope the cough was nothing to serious.

I'm glad to see you back. I hope the move went well. He ended up having ANOTHER sinus infection. He seems to get those like he's making a collection over here.

Brave teacher
11-19-2009, 09:22 PM
So, it has been a really crappy week so far. Cooper woke up sick on Monday morning. I went to the grocery store before I brought him to the dr. As I was leaving, my truck stalled in the parking lot. It ended up that I needed a new battery. I wake up the next morning to a broken diswasher. It was pouring buckets out the front of my dishwasher. We are still working on this one. Did I also mention that I lost a toenail on Tuesday night? Then to make things worse, my students are in rare form right now with the holiday coming up. At least it is just one more day then we are done. Plus, tomorrow is a test day.

On a more positive note, Bryan was telling me the other night how much he is looking forward to this trip. Now, Bryan has never been one to get excited about going to WDW. He would just go because he knew it made me and the boys happy. Well, he agreed with the boys over the summer that this was our best trip yet. He told me last night that he is looking forward to this trip and wants to add on to our DVC contract so that he is able to go more often. He's a resort snob. He only want a 1 BR SV at Kidani. He won't settle for a studio. He says he is now a convert.:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Randy, he has decided to drink the kool-aid with us!!!!

MaryAz
11-19-2009, 09:26 PM
Poor kiddo. I am sorry about the battery and the new dishwasher. YUCK. Very exciting about hubby getting excited about Disney. I am hoping mine will be more on board after this trip.
Have a great week off!

cbg1027
11-20-2009, 01:40 AM
Luckily I live in a school district that gets an entire week off for Thanksgiving. After tomorrow, I am FREE! (at least for a little while...)

Wow that is so cool you get the whole week off!!! Man it sucks here at FSU - we have class on Wednesday!!!! I mean it's not a problem for me since my family lives in town, but what about the kids who live in like....South FL? They're supposed to drive 8 hours in the middle of the night, or ON Thanksgiving day?!?! :confused:

So, it has been a really crappy week so far. Cooper woke up sick on Monday morning. I went to the grocery store before I brought him to the dr. As I was leaving, my truck stalled in the parking lot. It ended up that I needed a new battery. I wake up the next morning to a broken diswasher. It was pouring buckets out the front of my dishwasher. We are still working on this one. Did I also mention that I lost a toenail on Tuesday night? Then to make things worse, my students are in rare form right now with the holiday coming up. At least it is just one more day then we are done. Plus, tomorrow is a test day.

On a more positive note, Bryan was telling me the other night how much he is looking forward to this trip. Now, Bryan has never been one to get excited about going to WDW. He would just go because he knew it made me and the boys happy. Well, he agreed with the boys over the summer that this was our best trip yet. He told me last night that he is looking forward to this trip and wants to add on to our DVC contract so that he is able to go more often. He's a resort snob. He only want a 1 BR SV at Kidani. He won't settle for a studio. He says he is now a convert.:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Sorry about all the bad luck! Let's hope it came in droves and this means you'll go problem free for many months!

OOOh looks like you've brought Bryan over to the land of magic and pixie dust! :wizard: You go girl!

mommyof3princess27
11-20-2009, 06:00 AM
Hi!!! I am all cought up on your Pre trio report! Great by the way! I cant wait to see more!!:surfweb:

Coach81
11-20-2009, 07:07 AM

Sorry to hear about the tough week.. but just think.. make it through today and you get a week off :woohoo:

What's this about an ADD-ON???? What happened to "we going once a year, IF we do that"? :rotfl2:

He is so funny... he always talks a good game, but in the end he folds like a big-ole tent :lmao:

Speaking of add-ons.. at the current rate of my personal training.. look for Alisa to get a special surprise in the coming months.. (just don't tell her, it will be our little secret). Although I do admit.. we don't mind the studios, and we certainly know how to get the most out of measily 150 pts. This year has just be a fantastic one for us.. passholders.. with three full trips... btw the final :santa:trip is coming so fast now!!! We are beyond excited!!!

Looking forward to the next full update..

BTW has Daisy found a home?

Brave teacher
11-20-2009, 10:09 AM
Randy, you do remember that Alisa reads this right?

alboq
11-20-2009, 12:09 PM
Does that mean I'm getting a surprise?? Yeah!!! I won't tell myself about it :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

leamom2princesses
11-20-2009, 01:43 PM
Sorry you've had a tough week Megan...but hooray for your husband drinking the kool-aid! For now I can only dream of DVC. Joe loves our trips to WDW but isn't crazy about the DVC price tag. :lmao:

Coach81
11-21-2009, 07:20 AM
Randy, you do remember that Alisa reads this right?

Does that mean I'm getting a surprise?? Yeah!!! I won't tell myself about it :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Course I do ;)

Hey Honey :flower3:

My wife knows what plans we have for our vacation future. Here are a few other things that she will be "surprised" about..

1. We will be going to Disney Land in the next year or two.
2. We will be staying at the new BLT within the next year as well.
3. And a few more that I'm not at liberty to discuss at the present time... :rolleyes1

Waiting for the next update... and getting ready to paint..

Brave teacher
11-22-2009, 10:45 PM
Well, tonight is the night. I will be making our ADRs at 2AM (hopefully). I then get to call in at 6AM to switch my ADR for 5 at 6PM to one for 14 at 6PM since we can't make an ADR for 14 people online.

This is the plan so far...

Saturday, 5/22 - Epcot, Le Cellier lunch, DTD dinner at either EoS or WPE

Sunday, 5/23 - DHS, dinner at Ohana, possibly EMH at MK

Monday, 5/24 - TL, dinner at ESPN Club, possibly EMH at AK

Tuesday, 5/25 - BB, dinner at Sanaa

Wednesday, 5/26 - MK, dinner at WCC

Thursday, 5/27 - AK, 8AM breakfast at DSB, dinner at CM

I'll be sure to log on after I book everything to finalize these times.

MMitchell29
11-22-2009, 11:13 PM
Hey Brave Teacher, how is your DS doing? I hope he's feeling better. Now let's talk about your dish washer. Were you able to get it fix? OMG :scared1: I totally hate washing dishes. Don't ask me why because I really don't know why I dislike it so much but who ever invented the dishwasher I am extremely happy they did.

So how is your holiday week going so far? I am so loving this weather and I can't wait to eat some Turkey.

6 months until my birthday at Disney WOOOOO WHOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Are you going out to the stores on Black Friday?

Brave teacher
11-23-2009, 01:55 AM
Hey Brave Teacher, how is your DS doing? I hope he's feeling better. Now let's talk about your dish washer. Were you able to get it fix? OMG :scared1: I totally hate washing dishes. Don't ask me why because I really don't know why I dislike it so much but who ever invented the dishwasher I am extremely happy they did.

So how is your holiday week going so far? I am so loving this weather and I can't wait to eat some Turkey.

6 months until my birthday at Disney WOOOOO WHOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Are you going out to the stores on Black Friday?

Cooper is doing well. He is just running around like a crazy boy lately.

The dishwasher...We think that the pipe that drains the water might be clogged. However, we will still probably call someone out to the house just to make sure we are correct. You see, I am just the opposite. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the dishwasher. I absolutely HATE washing dishes by hand.

The week is going well so far. He have gone to a birthday party, had friends over to grill, and saw New Moon. All were awesome!

Yes, I will be out and about Friday. I have a Samsung 22" tv to get at Sears. You?

Waiting for the system to roll over right now.

Brave teacher
11-23-2009, 02:16 AM
ADRs not meant to be at this moment. I logged in earlier yesterday afternoon to see if the system would retrieve my reservation. It did and opened up everyday until 5/21. I have been retrieving my reservation and trying to book since a little after 2 and it will not go past May 20th now. Oh well, I'll try again at 6.

Brave teacher
11-23-2009, 06:42 AM
So, I got up at 1:50 CST this morning for the supposed rollover online at 2AM. Nothing. It wouldn't work. I went back to bed and woke up again at 5:50. The online system was working at that time, so I went ahead and booked what I could online first then I called WDW DINE to book Sanaa and our big meal at 'Ohana. These are my ADRs.

Saturday, May 22nd - got exactly what we wanted - Le Cellier at 12:30PM

Sunday, May 23rd - a little later than planned - 'Ohana at 6:25PM

Tuesday, May 25th - exactly what I wanted - Sanaa at 7PM

Wednesday, May 26th - got 5 minutes earlier - Whispering Canyon Cafe at 6:25PM

Thursday, May 27th - both meals at exact times I planned - Donald's Safari Breakfast at 8AM and Chef Mickey's at 6:30PM

Overall, use of the online system was rather easy once the date rolled over. I knew ahead of time that I would probably have to call for Sanaa. I had read about some people having issues with it showing no availability no matter the date or time. The CM I spoke with this morning, Kristine, was fabulous. SHe was eager to assist with anything.

Bryan and I had planned to take a trip over the summer for just the 2 of us for our 10 year anniversary. However, we decided to canel that plan once we switched the trip because he would be taking time off from work twice within a month. We decided that we would just celebrate our anniversary during this trip, so each of our meals has our 10 year anniversary celebration marked on it even if it is 1 month early.

Randy and Alisa, I also marked the boys' birthdays for the dinner at 'Ohana. Let me know if there's anything else with Frog and Tammi to celebrate. I'll add that on as well.

Brave teacher
11-23-2009, 06:46 AM
Oh, I also wanted to add that I will more than likely add in another installment from our last trip some time today.