PDA

View Full Version : ~The Daily Grind~ 9/30/09

ddavis860
09-29-2009, 08:25 PM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e147/ddavis860/t_12620988_1.jpg

“Housework done incorrectly still blesses your family.” ~ FlyLady
"You Can Do Anything for 15 Minutes!" ~ FlyLady

This month's Habit is: Before Bed Routine!
Zone of the week - Zone 4 -- The Master Bedroom

~The Daily Grind~ 9/30/09

It's Hump Day!!! It's the last day of September!!!

My List for Today:

Caffeinate http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e147/ddavis860/smiley/smiley_drinkcoffee.gif This repeats every day!!

Work till 3p...

Stay on points!

Get well card for my dad

365 pic...

Swish and swipe

Kelly Mission

Dinner... IDUNKNOW :confused3

Have a Day Everyone!! :teeth:

Lisa
09-29-2009, 09:42 PM
It's Wednesday!!! For me it's the final day of the fiscal year end.:scared1: Actually the last few years have been :woohoo: I am not expecting any problems, but just in case, I'm going to go for that large Pumpkin Spice to be ready for the day.

Rest of my to do list:

Get DD up and ready for school
Throw a load of laundry in the wash
Work
Dinner - sea scallops are on the menu
Watch dvr'd episode of Castle
Balance checkbook
Pay bills

ZeroToHero
09-30-2009, 12:07 AM
Hey everyone! Good morning!

Today:

Up
Breakfast
Doc's for X-rays :sad2:
Class
Lunch
Class
Work- not going
Home to Shutterfly photos!!!!!

ddavis860
09-30-2009, 04:40 AM

Today:

Up
Breakfast
Class
Lunch
Class
Work

It's my last Wednesday working! :woohoo: I have another night of my week back!

Hope you and your mom are feeling OK today!

StitchIsOurHero
09-30-2009, 05:04 AM
Good morning!! Today is my last working at work day before VACATION!!! Tomorrow, DS & I are staying home to get last minute stuff done & to let mom get ready for their vacation! I have a ton to do today, but we'll get there!!

Here's my list for today:

1. Up
2. Caffeinate
3. Empty dishwasher
4. Fold clothes
5. Figure out stuff for mom's laptop
6. DS up
7. DS to mom's
8. Pics to mom's
9. Work--gotta get through the pre-Disney list!!!
10. Pick up DS
11. Get nail polish from mom
12. Pack bags!!!
13. Hamburgers for dinner
14. Work on last minute list
15. P365 pic!
16. Go to sleep sort of early--already getting the "too excited to sleep" feeling!!

Everyone have a fabulous Wednesday!!

StitchIsOurHero
09-30-2009, 05:07 AM

Today:

Up
Breakfast
Class
Lunch
Class
Work

It's my last Wednesday working! :woohoo: I have another night of my week back!

Didn't see about your wreck until after I first posted. I hope y'all are doing ok today!!

DisneyIsTerrific
09-30-2009, 06:15 AM
ZTH :hug: I hope you aren't sore today.
SIOH, I bet you are getting all bouncy since your trip is so close!!!!:banana:

It's quite chilly here this morning (50 degrees!!!). I like that we are only supposed to get up to 83 today. It'll be a beautiful day.

My day:
DS up and off to school
Call in prescription refills
Laundry
Tidy/Dust/Vacuum
Prep dinner - chicken & noodles
Go to bank to make deposit
Work
Grocery store
Pick up prescriptions
Finish making dinner
Cut paper for floss tags & bag them up

Have a wonderful day everyone!

morgansmom2000
09-30-2009, 06:41 AM
Bawahahahaha, 50 degrees is chilly! It's about 35 here this morning...I personally love it, but the rest of my family, not so much.

Danica, I hope you are feeling okay. Had you planned on going for x-rays yesterday or is this new? How's mom?

Lisa, make it an extra large!

Brooke, I'm so excited for you, DH and SIOLB! Have so much fun!

Let's see, today I'm working until 4:30.
So this morning is PrincessM up, fed, watered, dressed, bus.
Work :(
Homework check
Dinner
Dishes
TV? Anything good on tonight?

Hope everyone has a good day!

PrincessNancy96
09-30-2009, 07:19 AM
53 degrees here.... but supposed to hit 72... rain expect by Thursday..everyone cross your fingers it doesn't rain because that is conference run day for DD.

Today:
morning routine (the usual long list)
older kids up
ck email/dis
:laundy: started
make sure DD's stuff is packed to go over to friends tonight for dinner
older kids on bus
nap
pick up kdg. child
run errands
grocery
finish up laundry
get dinner ready to warm up when we return
homework duty
DS13 ready for soccer game
soccer game
home

party of 3
09-30-2009, 08:00 AM
morning all!

ZtH- how are you today? how's Mom? i'm thinking of all of you. hope you are not too sore today. rest!

SIOH- you have got to be sooooooo excited today. have a great time. enjoy dh and SIOLB! i love that family time. no phones, no tv, just the three of you!!!!:love:

well it's wednesday and month end and......

Bubba's been up all night with an ear ache!:scared1:
so i have no idea what's up for my list for the day. i've called the dr and they said to bring him in at 10:00. so that's all i got for right now.

he's sleeping right now. which is good. because he's been up most of the night. crying. my poor babycakes.

have a great day everyone. remember to have fun no matter what you choose to do!

morgansmom2000
09-30-2009, 08:03 AM
Oh, poor Bubba! I'm sorry he's not feeling well. I've been waiting for PrincessM's cold to become an ear infection. I bet a dose or two of antibiotic and he'll be back on his feet! It's amazing how quickly it works. :hug:

party of 3
09-30-2009, 08:07 AM
it always happens. i just wish i could keep it on hand for when it does turn that way i'd have it.
i was terrible as a little kid for ear infections. all the time. i think one of my earliest memories is of laying on my mom's bed and her putting drops in my ears. i was in so much pain. i remember it like it was yesterday. so i guess he just going to be like me.
but you are right one or two does and he'll be back to himself!

DisneyIsTerrific
09-30-2009, 08:12 AM
Oh, poor Bubba! :hug: to him. I hope he'll feels better soon.

ZeroToHero
09-30-2009, 08:12 AM
I am feeling okay - mostly it's just my neck that is stiff and sore, I didn't remember it snapping back or anything, so I think it may have just been from the impact and tensing or something, I doubt it's whiplash. X-rays are new though, my dad said I should get checked out just in case, since yesterday I wanted them to focus on my mom.

My mom's okay too, I think.... she's moving around downstairs, but I haven't been down yet to find out. She called up earlier to tell me about the appointment and sounded okay.

SIOH- Yay 2 days!!!!! Is everyone recovering from the colds/sick feelings?

DisneyIsTerrific
09-30-2009, 08:15 AM
Bawahahahaha, 50 degrees is chilly! It's about 35 here this morning...I personally love it, but the rest of my family, not so much.

Well, for here in Florida, 50 degrees is COLD!!!!!:lmao: Your 35 degrees is FREEZING!!!!:rotfl: I don't do well with cold weather, but at least with DS driving now I don't have to go out in it first thing in the morning to take him to school. Now, I can stay indoors until it warms up!!:banana: By mid-morning, it'll be wonderful and 83 degrees for a high is awesome!!! I love this time of year!!!

DisneyIsTerrific
09-30-2009, 08:16 AM
I am feeling okay - mostly it's just my neck that is stiff and sore, I didn't remember it snapping back or anything, so I think it may have just been from the impact and tensing or something, I doubt it's whiplash. X-rays are new though, my dad said I should get checked out just in case, since yesterday I wanted them to focus on my mom.

My mom's okay too, I think.... she's moving around downstairs, but I haven't been down yet to find out. She called up earlier to tell me about the appointment and sounded okay.

SIOH- Yay 2 days!!!!! Is everyone recovering from the colds/sick feelings?

I'm glad you aren't feeling too badly today. I think the xrays is a good idea. Better to be safe than sorry.:hug:

party of 3
09-30-2009, 08:18 AM
Stephanie,
i so need to move down there with you! i could do that weather just fine. i hate hate hate the winter. dh works outside all year long. all 4 seasons outside. and he hates the winter as well. but he does say that if hes going to be out in it he would rather have snow than just freezing cold/below zero temps.

DisneyIsTerrific
09-30-2009, 08:21 AM
Holly, I feel sorry for your DH having to work out in the cold temps! YUCK! My DH keeps talking about wanting to move to Montana!!:scared1: There's no way I could do it. I told him we have to win the lottery. Then, we could live in Montana in the summer and in Florida for the winter. :rotfl:

AlexWyattMommy
09-30-2009, 08:58 AM
:hug: For recovering from the accident and ear aches.

I've got a Little Bit home with sneezing and coughing. Won't be getting too much done today.

Laundry
Lunch
Dinner
Presort Swap

party of 3
09-30-2009, 09:02 AM
sorry little bit is not feeling well. hugs to him!:hug:

Stephanie- my father in law talks about moving to Montana all the time! I tell him- send me a postcard!!!! I had friends that moved back from there and they tell me that there is nothing for miles and miles. just mountains! so i'm sure it's beautiful, but not for me.

DisneyIsTerrific
09-30-2009, 09:30 AM
AWM, I hope Little Bit gets to feeling better. :hug:

Holly, we went to Montana on vacation a year a half ago and it was awesome. It's absolutely gorgeous. We're going again this summer we loved it so much. I could definitely handle the summer and maybe a bit of fall, but no way on their winters. We were there in June and there was still lots of snow up in the mountains. I can't imagine the snow in the winter!!!:scared1:

ZeroToHero
09-30-2009, 10:09 AM
So I love winter, but I hate the cold....

Snow is great.... when you're inside. Or when it's just falling, and not when it's 2 feet deep.

I could see myself doing a January-June in Florida, and then July-December up here. I would want to be up here for some snow and the foliage, and escape the heat down there, but then down there for the rest of winter, which is ugly, since the snow is all brown at that point, and spring... I'm not a big fan of spring.

In other news, I do indeed have whiplash. :headache:

So I took work off, I'm just going to go to class and then come home. I begged off the neck brace for now, and I'll see how I feel. If it gets worse, I'll get the brace. But right now it doesn't really hurt.

They didn't give me X-rays, my P.C. doctor didn't think it was necessary.

I just feel like curling up and going back to sleep, but I have to go read and go to class. Have a good day, everyone!

morgansmom2000
09-30-2009, 10:12 AM
I hate the heat, but I've told DH that I'd be more than happy to move to the Orlando area and drive a bus for Disney. As long as I was in the A/C, I would be fine.

My sister (who lived in MA for years and years) has lost her thick blood by living in FL too long. She comes up here, and freezes!

morgansmom2000
09-30-2009, 10:13 AM
Oh, Z2H, take it easy! Whiplash is hard to diagnose since it is a soft tissue injury. Go easy!

morgansmom2000
09-30-2009, 10:15 AM
Holl, PrincessM had more ear infections one winter (maybe 3 years ago) than she had had in her entire life up to then! I think it was 7! I was shocked, I thought she would be growing out of them by then! Anyway, she has only had 1 or 2 since that horrible year, but she gets colds at the drop of a hat. I'm still torn about the flu vaccine this year. Last year was the first time she had gotten one, and also the first time she got the flu. :confused3

tinkryansmom
09-30-2009, 10:51 AM
HUGS and Pixie Dust to all you moms will sick little ones at home.

ZTH - take care of yourself and your mom - scary stuff - glad everyone is OK

Today:

DD up, dressed, fed, lunch made, off to bus
Little DD up, fed
Dishes
Laundry now to fold it and put it away
Go thru mail and papers on kitchen counter
pay bills
vacuum
pay DCL deposit
Dinner? I think its about time to try the chili colorado recipe
Help MIL feed cattle
Look at scrapbooking paper organizers online
whatever else strikes me :lmao:I've got that itchy,discontented feeling today can either be used for good or evil.:lmao:have to see which way it goes after coffee

PinballFamily
09-30-2009, 12:25 PM
Thanks, everyone, for your good wishes!

I feel miserable - my head and neck feel like Lizzie Borden went at them with her famous ax. DH took today off, so although it is only noon here, we've already been at the docs with Z2H, the police station for paperwork, on the phone endlessly with the insurance folks - I'm wiped out and grumpy and sore, despite meds and a neck brace. He's dealing with getting the poor little crushed car evaluated, setting up a rental, and trying to handle all the usual household stuff, the dog, the kids, etc. (His heart surgery is next Monday - terrific, right?)

So :thumbsup2 for seat belts and our terrific auto insurance.. The driver who squashed us with her massive SUV is 100% liable and at fault, her insurance guy told us. But, still - yuck for having to go through all this. But, we all know it could have been a LOT worse. The people in the houses near the accident who came running out to assist us said it sounded like an explosion.

party of 3
09-30-2009, 06:34 PM
TRM- did you put that letter in the mail yet????
and how's the rash??

PBF-take care of yourself. :hug:

morgansmom2000
09-30-2009, 07:23 PM
Oh, PBF, take care of yourself! I'm sorry you're hurting. :hug:

Lisa
09-30-2009, 07:48 PM
Well, for here in Florida, 50 degrees is COLD!!!!!:lmao:

50 degrees in FL is much colder than 50 in New England. ;) It's never supposed to be cold down there.

In other news, I do indeed have whiplash. :headache:

Oh, sorry to hear that but grateful it wasn't worse. You and PBF take it easy for awhile. At least until Dad has his surgery. Will it be in Boston?

I've got that itchy,discontented feeling today can either be used for good or evil.:lmao:have to see which way it goes after coffee

Oh, wish I could join you!!! Think of the havoc we could concoct. :woohoo:

ZeroToHero
09-30-2009, 08:59 PM
Oh, sorry to hear that but grateful it wasn't worse. You and PBF take it easy for awhile. At least until Dad has his surgery. Will it be in Boston?

Will do - Lou will be carrying my bookbag around for a while. :rotfl:

And yeah, it will be in Boston.... 6 am, I think, is when he has to be there. :eek: There's such a time?

party of 3
10-01-2009, 06:14 AM
Will do - Lou will be carrying my bookbag around for a while. :rotfl:
i love that lou will carry your bag! what a gentleman!:love:

And yeah, it will be in Boston.... 6 am, I think, is when he has to be there. :eek: There's such a time?

there is such a time!:lmao: please let us know how it goes. we will all be right by your side.:hug:

tinkryansmom
10-01-2009, 10:59 AM
Oh, wish I could join you!!! Think of the havoc we could concoct. :woohoo:
<insert evil laugh here> I wish my DIS friends lived closer. That would be soooo fun.

TRM- did you put that letter in the mail yet????
and how's the rash??

:banana:THANKS! Letter is in the mail. Now have to wait for Board Meeting for decision. Dr looked at rash. He said looked like hives?? I don't remember hives having white heads like pimples??? But he said rash is secondary to whatever virus she has - it will move around until her little body is done with the virus. Give her 1/2 doses of benadryl if she is itchy. If fever comes back let him know. Goodbye $35 copay.:wave2:

Lisa
10-01-2009, 06:51 PM

The Boston hospital's are great. Valet park your car, and go right in. Great service at a reasonable price. You all will have enough on your mind to worry about where you parked the car.