PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Genie???? Too good to be true??

merlin307
09-28-2009, 04:31 PM
I have been looking for a break over Christmas this year and have found a deal that i think is too good to be true........help:confused3:scared1::headache:

holiday genie are offering two weeks (19th Dec - 2nd Jan) in Orlando

staying at the orlando metropolitan express on I drive (our fav hotel on the drive) and flying from edinburgh to mco with british airways............for 3 of us

total price 1986.............in total!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone used this company before?
Are they reputable?
Is it worth booking before they up the prices?

Need help.......please !!!!!!!!!

:wizard::wizard::wizard:

PJB71
09-28-2009, 04:47 PM
Hi

I have never used Holiday Gene(sorry):surfweb:

But if there atol of abta bonded then i'm sure it will be fine:yay::yay:

Hope you het your holiday booked asap:banana::banana:I have been looking for a break over Christmas this year and have found a deal that i think is too good to be true........help:confused3:scared1::headache:

staying at the orlando metropolitan express on I drive (our fav hotel on the drive) and flying from edinburgh to mco with british airways............for 3 of us

Are they reputable?

wayneg
09-28-2009, 04:54 PM
Just looked at their site, fully bonded, pay by credit card, no problem.
Just don't know where you have seen it? checked in flight+hotel for 3 adults and its:-

Total For This Trip
Check-In Sat, 19-Dec-09
Check-Out Sat, 02-Jan-10

:scared1:

merlin307
09-28-2009, 05:05 PM
Just looked at their site, fully bonded, pay by credit card, no problem.
Just don't know where you have seen it? checked in flight+hotel for 3 adults and its:-

Total For This Trip
Check-In Sat, 19-Dec-09
Check-Out Sat, 02-Jan-10

:scared1:

Hi wayne

i have just re checked and its coming up at 662 per adult - 1986 total - its through holidaygenieflorida.com.........
i even checked through moneysupermarket and i am getting the same price for the package......:scared1::confused3:eek::santa:

madmumof2
09-28-2009, 05:11 PM
I've just been doing some dummy bookings and we (2 adults and 2 children) could be going for two weeks over xmas and new year for just over 2k! Even cheaper in October.

Hmmm... ;)

wayneg
09-28-2009, 05:12 PM
Hi wayne

i have just re checked and its coming up at 662 per adult - 1986 total - its through holidaygenieflorida.com.........
i even checked through moneysupermarket and i am getting the same price for the package......:scared1::confused3:eek::santa:

I found it now, can't book online can you?
Request a quote I got.
Worth a try but I suspect they will say a lot higher price when they get back to you.

TheBlundells
09-28-2009, 05:20 PM
That's exactly what happened to us. Saw a fantastic price a couple of weeks ago - requested a quote and the price was much higher!

howlongtillsummer?
09-28-2009, 05:20 PM
Hope it works out for you!

merlin307
09-28-2009, 05:35 PM
I'll wait on them getting back to me and see what they say....i'll keep you posted:santa:

Beth__WDW23/6/02
09-29-2009, 04:05 AM
Hope they get back to you soon.
Usually if it's too good to be true it tends to be sadly..:lmao: but you never know.:thumbsup2

igk
09-29-2009, 06:44 AM
Unfortunately I think you'll find it turns out too good to be true.
I just priced up on there the dates I'm going to Florida - 24 Oct - 6 Nov, and it comes up with VA, Fly-drive, flight + car for 2 adults + 2 children LGW-MCO, 1830 total.
Well, on the VA website, those flights VS027/028 on those dates come to 2074 each :sad2:

There's quite a lively discussion on Holiday Watchdog (http://forum.holidaywatchdog.com/Travel-Agents-&-Tour-Operators-holiday-genie-Thread-14052.html)

Snowy-girls
09-29-2009, 08:02 AM
I have been looking for a break over Christmas this year and have found a deal that i think is too good to be true........help:confused3:scared1::headache:

Are they reputable?

Hi Ya My Dear,
How are the both of you?.
I hope the price is true and you can grab a bargain :wizard:.x.

natalielongstaff
09-29-2009, 09:01 AM
There's quite a lively discussion on Holiday Watchdog (http://forum.holidaywatchdog.com/Travel-Agents-&-Tour-Operators-holiday-genie-Thread-14052.html)

i bet there is :rolleyes1

T16GEM
09-29-2009, 10:15 AM

Just had a look at that, seems there are far more bad reviews than good ones, shame it was a good price. I hope that you can find something at a good price for you and yours. :goodvibes