PDA

View Full Version : Fly Globspan.

The Eighth Dwarf
09-28-2009, 08:43 AM
We`ve just returned and would like to book for next year, but Thomas Cook aren`t flying out of Belfast any later than July 10th, so its either an extra flight to gatwick or fly with Globespan.

I didn`t enjoy flying to gatwick last year so would prefer a direct flight but I keep hearing bad things about Globespan and every week on Radio Ulster I hear the orlando flight has been delayed, usually by about 4 or 5 hours.

So has anyone flew with them and how good/bad are they.

Goofy68
09-28-2009, 11:34 AM
We flew with them last two years and service was really good. All flights left on time with no problems. We liked the direct flight back to Glasgow as the 3-4hour wait in Gatwick on the way home is a killer.

Unfortunately they are not flying to Florida this winter, but if they start it up again next year, we will definitely look at flying with them again.

howlongtillsummer?
09-28-2009, 05:05 PM
I have read all the negative things too, but next year will be our third time with them. The risk of delay (which could happen with anyone) far outweighs the hassels of a connecting flight. Also saves rechecking the baggage and the lower quotas you get on domestic.

We have not had delays, find the planes clean, staff helpful and the direct flight impossible to resist. The prices are still ok for next year.

Just my opinion - but my experiences have been fine.

merlin307
09-28-2009, 05:08 PM
i've never used them but have been tempted....and now in their schedules for next year they are introducing flights from edinburgh as well as glasgow

Obi Wan Kenobi
09-29-2009, 03:48 AM
Just check merlin, I think (but I could be wrong) that the flight goes from Glasgow to edinburgh then onwards

cherjp
09-29-2009, 05:28 AM
Just check merlin, I think (but I could be wrong) that the flight goes from Glasgow to edinburgh then onwards

yip it does, if you click on the stop info on the page showing the flights it shows where it stops, so it goes from glasgow to edi then orlando or the other stop is glasgow /cardiff then orlando. think the cardiff one is wed flights and edi is sunday or vice versa.

Freaky
09-30-2009, 01:41 PM
We flew from Belfast with FGS in July 2008 and didnt really have any problems - left about 1hr late but can happen during the holiday season anyway. The flight itself was really good, food was fine (for a plane) and we didnt miss, too much, the seat back TV's (this was pretty much wayed out by the cheap deal we got booking very early).

We did price them for 2009 but were too expensive and we decided on BA via Gatwick which was fine. Going out is no problem but we do hate the hanging around Gatwick totally shattered until our flight back to Belfast!

Nothing planned as yet for 2010 as we may leave it to later in the year rather than the summer. May try Continental from Belfast, via Newark, for a change but as usual it will come down to price and flight times/connections.

Tracey :goodvibes