PDA

View Full Version : unofficial dvds-anyone buy them?

Hobbes
09-28-2009, 04:47 AM
Just saw the banner for Celebrate the mouse's DVDs-clicked on it-just out of curiosity,as you do- and had some sort of blackout...30 seconds later theres a screen up saying "Thank you for your order , that will be $63!" I appear to have bought a poop-load of DVDs....:scared1: Has anyone ever bought any of these and are they any good? In my defence I appear to have ordered about 20 dvds and the conversion is about 43 so even if they are cr-er-rubbish, I am only slightly poorer but wiser! I'm hoping that DIS wouldn't carry the ads if they were rip-off merchants!;)

T16GEM
09-28-2009, 05:23 AM
Did you put in payment details then? I wouldn't have thought that they are ordered unless you did that?

wayneg
09-28-2009, 05:28 AM
Never seen them before, my pop up blocker was stopping me seeing their ad, just had a look, no idea what you have bought, WDW 16 DVD set is saying $14 or Disneyland 20 DVD set $69.95. Cant see anything for $63:confused3

Hobbes
09-28-2009, 06:03 AM
Never seen them before, my pop up blocker was stopping me seeing their ad, just had a look, no idea what you have bought, WDW 16 DVD set is saying $14 or Disneyland 20 DVD set $69.95. Cant see anything for $63:confused3

It was some sort of special offer-buy the $14 set and if you add everything else the postage is free-might not have been $63 but it was thereabouts! I often go on Youtube and another site just to watch the rides and Fantasmic-sad I know! so if the DVDs are like those I'll be happy-some of the dark rides are , well, dark! but it gets me in the mood;)

I just remember the saying "If something sounds to good to be true, its because it usually is"

UKDEB
09-28-2009, 06:31 AM
Did you put in payment details then? I wouldn't have thought that they are ordered unless you did that?
My thoughts entirely.

Cyrano
09-28-2009, 11:44 AM

I think the OP posted tongue n cheek, since they would have had to register their details as well as credit card for payment :)
They are hoping that others can let them know about the dvd's :goodvibes

wickesy
09-28-2009, 12:33 PM
I've got the entire set, plus the 'Walking The World' set :blush: They are OK as long as you bear in mind that it is basically just somebody holding a camcorder on the rides and they are in no way professionally produced. A bit like YouTube on your TV I suppose. Their delivery times seem to have gone downhill as well from what I've read so don't expect them to come for a good few weeks.

Great for a fix until you can get back to Florida but no substitute for the real thing.

Ware Bears
09-28-2009, 06:45 PM
I got these a few years ago, I think they cost around 10 - 15 but of course the exchange rate was so much better then. Like David said, they aren't professional videos but it's a good way of getting your Disney fix inbetween trips without having to spend your whole holiday filming everything yourself.

Hobbes
09-29-2009, 11:49 AM
Oh great thanks guys-I don't mind the quality being iffy, just as long as they do come! Its amazing what you'll do for your Disney fix-me and DBf are getting sick of my official DVDs!