PDA

View Full Version : Buying cheap pins

torsie24
09-27-2009, 12:03 PM
Hi everyone.

I have been packing today, and just remembered I hadn't put my pin lanyard in.

I have now packed it, and it is currently pretty bare with just 3 DLRP pins on it. (Which I am not expecting to be able to trade in WDW, but I needed some pins on there!)

Where is the best place for me to pick up pins to trade in WDW? Ideally I want to spend less than retail on them, as I only buy ones for my collection at full price.

Will the resort store do any that are on offer etc?

Chilly
09-27-2009, 12:10 PM
I don't think the resorts have any offers.

I think the cheapest ones to buy are in the packs and then trade those with CMs to get better pins.

gemmybear83
09-27-2009, 12:30 PM
On the last trip I found some that were on offer - but they said something like "Merry Christmas 2007" or something :lmao:

Edited to say the Contemporary gift shop - one on the concourse opposite Cafe Mickey has a great pin selection, but the best place we found was at DTD.

Cyrano
09-27-2009, 12:43 PM
I have now packed it, and it is currently pretty bare with just 3 DLRP pins on it. (Which I am not expecting to be able to trade in WDW, but I needed some pins on there!)

Troops had no problem trading DLP pins in the summer. If anything it was a major talking point with CMs who were very interested in them :thumbsup2

wayneg
09-27-2009, 12:47 PM
Last 3 days Pinfinder.com has had a 50% sale off every sale but looks like they don't have any packs left that we bought. http://www.pinfinder.com/ THey are cheapest place we have found, although got stung last time on import tax, still cheap but would try send to hotel next time.
We bought a few on the cruise last month at $2/pin(plus no tax). should have bought a few more.
Around Disney then look in the Disney outlet shops at Premium and Prime, they had a few at $2.99+ tax last month.

torsie24
09-27-2009, 12:48 PM
Oooh, thanks everyone. :)

Glad to hear the DLP pins might be a 'go' :)

Pegasus928
09-27-2009, 02:18 PM
As far as I am aware as long as they are stamped as genuine Disney pins on the back they are tradable wherever pin trading occurs.
We have bought some of the pins from the UK Disney stores just for trading - hoping that they are desirable to the traders outside the pin store in DTD :thumbsup2