PDA

View Full Version : Guess i'm staying too long...

tonkadave
07-10-2002, 07:13 AM
Getting ready to head to the US/IOA on July22nd. staying at the HRH. We will be there for 5 days. After reading all these posts about how it only takes a half day to visit the parks, it looks like we will be overstaying during our trip. What does everyone else do with their time when they stay this long? Should we plan on visiting Disney as well?

Cindy B
07-10-2002, 07:40 AM
Personally I loved it, and we are doing a flex ticket which is fourteen days! (along with Sea World, and Busch Gardens)

We are planning about 3/ per park (that means total Universal time about 5 days)

You can go at a leisurely pace. You can go to all the shows, and all the tours. We did a two day trip last year, and barely scratched the surface of all there is to do.

It all depends on who is going with you, what you like, if you are open to try ing new things, etc. WE aren't even doing Disney this time!

damo
07-10-2002, 07:44 AM
We spent four nights at HRH and easily could have stayed another. We only did USF and IOA and some shopping and simply found it very relaxing. We have two teens who love the parks and would do MIB about 10 times each day as well as each coaster, spiderman as many times as possible. Make sure you see all the shows. You'll be fine.

sha_lyn
07-10-2002, 09:33 AM
sure you can do a park in 1/2 day if you skip every show there. To do everything at each park with out running your legs off trying to get everywhere I say allow 1 1/2 days for IOA and 2 days for US. Allow a day for the pool and 1/2 day for City walk and there are you 5 days. Personally I could spend 3 days per park and not feel like I was staying too long.

msr709
07-10-2002, 10:20 AM
I would visit SeaWorld also! HRH has a free shuttle to and from SW all day, and SW has a buy-one get another day free tickets. Even if you didn't do SW, I would just take it all in at a leisurely pace and enjoy the hotel, its AWESOME! I usually go 3 days out of 8 when I go to Disney first and end my vacation in USF/IOA. Don't forget the night clubs and movies at CityWalk. Have a great time.;)

poohbears5
07-10-2002, 03:31 PM
We just did 6 nites 7 days and stayed at hrh, one day just hanging out at the pool and hotel was great , and one day at sea world and we enjoyed going back to the parks for everyones favorites !

MIB999999
07-11-2002, 04:22 PM
i do not believe it is possible to stay to long at IOA or USF. Before MsDiz and i hooked up i was there every week for one or sometimes two days:smooth:

MsDisney
07-11-2002, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by MIB999999
i do not believe it is possible to stay to long at IOA or USF. Before MsDiz and i hooked up i was there every week for one or sometimes two days:smooth:

Yes, and now I've gone and ruined his weekend fun!!! :rolleyes:
Karen
:smooth:

WebmasterBarry
07-11-2002, 05:45 PM
I visited IOA and USF for 5 days once and I could have stayed longer.

kellymonaghan
07-13-2002, 03:37 PM
Y'know I think the "how long does it take to do the parks" idea dates back to an earlier time when the general perception was that, since parks like WDW and UO cost so much per day, that it was important to pack as much as possible into a day.

Times have changed, however. At UO at least, options like 3rd day free and the FlexTicket have made it relatively more economical to take your time. Also, more people are coming to realize that relaxing at the resorts and taking your time doing the rides is a lot more fun than hitting the parks like a military search and destroy mission.

I've been here a week, first at HRH, now at PBH. This morning I spent a half hour or so sipping a coffee and reading the New York Times and Wall Street Journal in the ultra posh lobby and pretending like I was a mogul. I practically had the place to myself and it was a highlight of the trip.

So my advice is to take your time. Stroll don't run from place to place. Pause to drink in the atmosphere. Relax by the pool. In fact, relax by ALL the pools (Loews actually WANTS you to visit all the on-site hotels). Hang out at a cool bar like Cigarz and make new friends. I think you'll find you're having a great time and will leave with lots of stuff undone.

sha_lyn
07-13-2002, 05:27 PM
I've been here a week, first at HRH, now at PBH. This morning I spent a half hour or so sipping a coffee and reading the New York Times and Wall Street Journal in the ultra posh lobby and pretending like I was a mogul. I practically had the place to myself and it was a highlight of the trip.

:p :p :p :p Hey Kelly. I thought you were a mogul :p :p :p :p

kellymonaghan
07-14-2002, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by sha_lyn
Hey Kelly. I thought you were a mogul

Oh, no! I let the sad, shabby truth slip out.

sha_lyn
07-14-2002, 10:22 PM
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Here I open my big mouth and let your secret slip

LOL

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

MIB999999
07-15-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by MsDisney

Yes, and now I've gone and ruined his weekend fun!!! :rolleyes:
Karen
:smooth:

you mean "improved" don't you dear!!!!:bounce:

dizzy4disney
07-15-2002, 11:51 PM
I am so glad I found this thread! I was beginning to think that 7 days would be a bit much, but we're also getting the 4 park flex tickets. Sounds like we'll enjoy a leisurely trip without feeling rushed.