PDA

View Full Version : Any probs with Virgin Hols & Ticket delivery ?

Rascal1003
09-26-2009, 05:56 AM
We leave in just over a week and the "Manage Your Booking" page on the VH website says that the tickets are not yet sent....and allow 7 days for delivery.
As we fly in 8 days time, I was wondering if this was cutting it a little fine?

Have others received their tickets this late? Seems a bit odd. I wont phone them if I dont have to, but only 5 working days between now and departure, I am thinking it's time to start thinking about picking up the phone!

gemmybear83
09-26-2009, 06:06 AM
I have about a number of other people on another forum having the same problem. I don't know what is going on with Virgin holidays but they seem to be finding it very difficult to post out tickets!

I would phone them up and as them to send them next day delivery.

wayneg
09-26-2009, 06:23 AM
There has been 3 or 4 threads on here about both Virgin and openride tickets not arriving when they should. Best ring them, can't understand why the delays.

Cyrano
09-26-2009, 06:25 AM
Hope you get this resolved and your tickets soon :goodvibes

Rascal1003
09-26-2009, 09:13 AM
Spoke to VH(India I suppose) and they state that they "can see that the ticket is ready for despatch so will be sent by Special Delivery on Monday".

As long as it is here by the weekend then there is no big deal, but even Valerie, the online VH virtual assistant was a little surprised we hadnt had our tickets....apologising as it was less than 16 days until travel...LOL !

2Tiggies
09-26-2009, 11:17 AM
This has been going on for quite a while and it isn't really to do with Virgin Holidays as such but actually with Virgin Atlantic. On our trip in April we booked through a travel agent, full Disney package, flying with VA. I started to panic when I realised that even the manager at the travel agent was getting stressed three days before we left when we didn't have the tickets. She tried to reassure me that it would be find because they have been having this problem for some time with Virgin not releasing seat allocations and tickets until the eleventh hour. Our tickets arrived the following day, but I could have done without the extra stress to add on top of the excitement of the holiday. I have booked again through Open Ride this time and hopefully by the time we leave next year the problem will have been addressed - or we will have some other system that doesn't require a piece of paper being mailed to us! It will work out for you, but apparently in the event of a problem you can take your booking reference no's to the airport and they can look it up on that(????!!!) Nonetheless, I wouldn't be happy about the idea of gambling on my departure for a multi-Kú holiday!!!!!

disneycat_f2008
09-26-2009, 05:12 PM
The has been a problem with Virgin for a very long time. We booked a whole package with Virgin for our Honeymoon to Florida in April 2008. I Started to panic that 7 days before we flew that we still didn't have our tickets, now I knew our travel agent very well & this was something I didn't need 5 days before my wedding, they spend that day chasing our tickets & thday turned up 5 days before we flew. We still haven't booked our trip for Next Year year as saving up & part of me really does not want to book Virgin.

Dimplenose
09-26-2009, 05:14 PM
Ours didn't arrive without two phone calls in July.

Cochise
09-26-2009, 07:12 PM
ours arrived 16 days before the travel date. Big relief.

JohnnySharp2
09-27-2009, 04:09 AM
Never had a problem with tickets arriving late, but plenty of incorrect invoices over the years.

gbrchill
09-28-2009, 06:35 AM
Our tickets in August arrived with the TA on the Saturday before our Friday departure. I suspect this was only because the TA had told VH that we were leaving on the Monday to visit family for a few days before the holiday.

I was not impressed with VH performance on this.

MissStitch626
09-28-2009, 03:09 PM
After reading a lot of different threads about this, and with postal strikes on in Glasgow, I was really worried about getting our tickets but the tickets arrived exactly two weeks before we leave - big relief

m0g
09-28-2009, 03:56 PM
We are going on 12th October, and until yesterday it said they hadn't been sent, one quick phone call to VH and they said they put a request into the ticketing team for today so they should be sent without fail today.

Checked earlier and it said they were dispatched yesterday.

Chris

Rascal1003
09-29-2009, 05:41 AM
2 phone calls and still the website says Tickets Not Yet Sent. Grrrrr !!

Rascal1003
10-01-2009, 07:30 AM
Update - Tickets arrived yesterday, a day later than VH promised and only 5 days (2 working days) before travelling. They were also despatched 1st Class delivery and NOT Special Delivery as promised.

Annoying, but at least they are here now. If it is of any reassurance, VH said that they can actually print the docs at the airport if necessary.....should it need to be that late?

meryll83
10-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Just an FYI, we got our tickets yesterday but the site still says 'not sent'.
I think this happened last time too, I don't think they ever updated the site status, so don't rely on that....

wicket2005
10-03-2009, 12:01 AM
Glad tickets arrived okay. Ours in July came about 4 days before departure whereas in the December 3 weeks before.

I think Virgin seek to make you enjoy the holiday even more because you feel like you really need it after stressing out before the holiday.:rotfl: