PDA

View Full Version : Let's do this all over again...Update 12/6 7:00 am @ MK

Pages : [1] 2

topdog
09-25-2009, 10:30 PM
I wasn't sure if I have the time to write a PTR. Since most of my FB friends already know about my trip, I might as well spill it here as well.

Yes...after our Feb disaster trip, we are going back to WDW again for more punishment, let's hope not. ;)

So date has been reserved. Trip has been booked and deposit has been made. Let the planning begin.

We were hoping to go again this Dec but due to my work schedule and now with some home front family emergency, there is no way we can swing it this quick. So we plan to go back in 2010 instead. This will give us plenty of time to plan this trip well, I hope. Since DW never saw the Christmas decoration at Disney and my last time at Disney during Christmas was back in 1977, we decide our next Disney trip will be the Sunday after black Friday. This is going to be a 10 days at WL with complete DxDP again.:cool1: (I might as well start my diet now. :lmao:)

I will reintroduce myself on the next post and possibly give out some more detail what we plan to do at this trip. I will need some input from my fellow DISers as well. So for now, please hold on to those great ideas you have and I will let you know what I am looking for in my up coming posts.

Photo Scavenger hunt idea listing (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34223658&postcount=69)

topdog
09-27-2009, 11:08 AM
Let me reintroduce myself briefly here. Sorry I don't have a more recent picture of myself. This one was taking during our Feb trip this year.

http://www.dewlama.com/Public/Photos/Disney/09/People/P_DSCN0438.jpg

This will the 4th trip with my DW, although it's my 6th trip. We are very exciting about this trip. Initially, we were trying to go this Dec because we want to see the Christmas decoration at Disney. However, my work schedule just won't permit me to do it. So instead, we opt to do it in Dec 2010. That would give us plenty of time to save for the trip and plan every thing out as well.

We have many goal for this trip other than just having plain old fun.
1, Beside all the usual great restaurant we like such as Artist Point, 50 PTC, Jiko, Kona Cafe, Ohana, Coral Reef, The Wave, Tappendo and Yak & Yeti, we want to try other restaurant as well. Right now, we are evaluate all the menu from all the restaurant and see which one we will be adding on our list. We have until June to call for our ADR so we have pleny of time to figure this one out.

Le Cellier will be on the new try out list and so is Restaurant Marrakesh. Yachtman steakhouse might make it to the list too. We try it in 2005 but wasn't to crazy about it. It was good but didn't knock it out of the park. If any one has any more suggestion, please feel free to let me know where are the hidden gem. Breakfast, lunch or dinner...as long as it is part of the DDP TS. I can't eat seafood that well. I can do the simple stuff like shrimp and scallop, maybe a little bit of lobster. That's about it. Very rarely I can eat fish.

2, If you don't already know, I like to take pictures...A LOT!!! Since this is a 10 days trip, we will have 2 days for each park plus another 2 days to relax at WL or doing something or nothing. This gives me a lot of photo opportunities. One of our plan is both DW and I must take a minimum of 2 animated pictures of each other every day. It doesn't matter where we are. Oh! We decide to invite a special guest into this photo excursion as well and that's "Ted". If you wonder who "Ted" is, you will just have to spend some time to read my last TR. Ted will be going to all the parks with us this time for his photo op. This is going to be very interesting. I am sure there will be plenty of strange look to the two of us. LOL...

Aside from that, I want to try out another great idea that our fellow Diser, Planning fanatic mom, had from her last trip. That is coming up a list of photo shot idea ahead of time and try to take as many as I can from the list through out the trip. For that, I am going to need all your help. Please post your idea and I will compile the list and see if they are all doable. You will get to see them when I do my TR.

3, A very important part of the logistic. We haven't book our flight yet. Because of our last episode, I am thinking we might be driving this time. It is still undecided factor. I really need some convincing on either drive or fly. We live in NE Pennsylvania. It's about 1,200 miles from Orlando. That's a lot of driving If we drive, we will stop at NC at my SIL for 2 days before we continue down to FL. If we fly, I can't deal with the connect flight any more. So my only option is to fly out of Philly and leave our car there for 10 days. Please help me to decide which way to go. Drive or fly.

Well...that's our goal for now. I am sure we will have more as time goes. So don't be shy if you have anything to say about our goal.

One other element I haven't mention is what equipment I will bring for this trip. It really depends on what the travel arrangement will be. I can only bring so much if we fly. But if we drive, that opens up a whole lots of possibilities. Ha! Ha!

annnewjerz
09-27-2009, 12:24 PM
I'm signing on! :wave2:

I really enjoyed your last TR and hope that you don't have the same problem with leaving the photography gear at home this time around!! I've already had dreams about doing the same thing for our trip coming up this December. Broken tripod, forgetting one of my lenses on a ride, dropping it and worst of all---forgetting everything at home. :scared: I can only imagine how upsetting that would be and I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that you have better luck this time. :goodvibes

If you feel so inclined to follow along, here (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2153842) is a link to my December PTR. We'll be on the Deluxe DDP also and the TR is going to for sure be filled with lots of photos of all the Disney Christmas goodness. :santa:

Ann

Leger13
09-27-2009, 03:29 PM
I found you!! This is going to be one long ptr since you're not going until December 2010 but I'm on board! :goodvibes

Leger13
09-27-2009, 03:39 PM
As for the driving/flying thing I would opt for driving. I know it's a longer trek but ask you said, you had a horrible experience this last time with the flight which delayed your trip anyways and you probably wouldn't have forgotten the all important camera equipment if you had driven. Plus, like you said, you can take more stuff with you if you drive (i.e. more camera equipment!!). And if you buy more souvies you have plenty of room to bring them back w/o paying luggage fees. I say, write out a list of the pros and cons of each and see which is better that way. :thumbsup2

TeresaNJ
09-27-2009, 03:55 PM
Hey TD! Found your PTR!!:hug: I hate being in a car for longer than a few hours, so my first instinct is to go with flying. I guess I wouldn't mind driving to WDW if I could go in an RV, and stop along the way.:)

annnewjerz
09-27-2009, 08:36 PM
As far as driving v. flying---I say fly Southwest out of Philly. You can still get two free checked bags (at least you can right now, who knows about December 2010). Philly can't be more than a couple hours from you and even though it's a bit of a hike you can either drive down in the morning before your flight or get a park and ride hotel where you can leave your car and sleep over the night before.

This way, you can still bring a decent amount of camera stuff (I plan to put my D90, 80-200 f/2.8, Tokina 11-16 f/2.8, Sigma 30 f/1.4, Nikon 18-200 with miscellaneous filters/lens clothes/memory/etc. in my backpack and carry it on as my "personal item" on Southwest) and you don't have to spend all that time driving---which equals more time in Disney! If you bring a tripod/monopod you can check them in your bag, just make sure to store it in the middle surrounded by all of your clothes as padding.

Southwest offers cheap flights, you can go non-stop out of PHL so no need for those cruddy connections and like I said, it's only a 2.5 hour flight and you're there---free and clear to arrive at the WL and officially start your trip.

We were going to drive in October, but once we found $59 each way flights on Southwest, why even bother? :thumbsup2

topdog
09-27-2009, 09:22 PM
I'm signing on! :wave2:

I really enjoyed your last TR and hope that you don't have the same problem with leaving the photography gear at home this time around!! I've already had dreams about doing the same thing for our trip coming up this December. Broken tripod, forgetting one of my lenses on a ride, dropping it and worst of all---forgetting everything at home. :scared: I can only imagine how upsetting that would be and I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that you have better luck this time. :goodvibes

If you feel so inclined to follow along, here (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2153842) is a link to my December PTR. We'll be on the Deluxe DDP also and the TR is going to for sure be filled with lots of photos of all the Disney Christmas goodness. :santa:

Ann
Thank you Ann. The camera bag incident still give me nightmare from time to time. :) If we do decide to drive, there will be a whole lot more equipment for the trip.

I will go check out your PTR.
I found you!! This is going to be one long ptr since you're not going until December 2010 but I'm on board! :goodvibes
Welcome aboard Carla. I expect some cool idea from you for our trip.
As for the driving/flying thing I would opt for driving. I know it's a longer trek but ask you said, you had a horrible experience this last time with the flight which delayed your trip anyways and you probably wouldn't have forgotten the all important camera equipment if you had driven. Plus, like you said, you can take more stuff with you if you drive (i.e. more camera equipment!!). And if you buy more souvies you have plenty of room to bring them back w/o paying luggage fees. I say, write out a list of the pros and cons of each and see which is better that way. :thumbsup2
I like the idea I can pack more stuff if we drive. However, I also like we can only limit how much we can buy if we fly so we can't over buy. Decision...decision...decision...
Hey TD! Found your PTR!!:hug: I hate being in a car for longer than a few hours, so my first instinct is to go with flying. I guess I wouldn't mind driving to WDW if I could go in an RV, and stop along the way.:)
Driving an RV to Disney. That's sounds like fun but I can't imagine how much the gas budget will cost. :rotfl:
As far as driving v. flying---I say fly Southwest out of Philly. You can still get two free checked bags (at least you can right now, who knows about December 2010). Philly can't be more than a couple hours from you and even though it's a bit of a hike you can either drive down in the morning before your flight or get a park and ride hotel where you can leave your car and sleep over the night before.

This way, you can still bring a decent amount of camera stuff (I plan to put my D90, 80-200 f/2.8, Tokina 11-16 f/2.8, Sigma 30 f/1.4, Nikon 18-200 with miscellaneous filters/lens clothes/memory/etc. in my backpack and carry it on as my "personal item" on Southwest) and you don't have to spend all that time driving---which equals more time in Disney! If you bring a tripod/monopod you can check them in your bag, just make sure to store it in the middle surrounded by all of your clothes as padding.

Southwest offers cheap flights, you can go non-stop out of PHL so no need for those cruddy connections and like I said, it's only a 2.5 hour flight and you're there---free and clear to arrive at the WL and officially start your trip.

We were going to drive in October, but once we found $59 each way flights on Southwest, why even bother? :thumbsup2

$59 each way...wow, that is cheap. Yes. Philly airport is only 2 hours away from me. I don't know how much camera equipment I plan to bring yet but I know it will be more than the last trip. I've been saving for a D700. That's a possibility I might bring both D200 & D700 for this trip. More importantly, video might be an addition for this trip as well.

Leger13
09-27-2009, 10:22 PM
Welcome aboard Carla. I expect some cool idea from you for our trip.

I like the idea I can pack more stuff if we drive. However, I also like we can only limit how much we can buy if we fly so we can't over buy. Decision...decision...decision...

Oh yeah, I'll have a good TR going when I come back that you can feel free to steal any ideas or things we did on our trip for yours since it's the same time of year. Hopefully if there's any mistakes I make on this trip you can benefit and learn from them :goodvibes

:laughing: oh man do I know what you're talking about! We are SO guilty of over buying since we drive down there every year. :rolleyes:

topdog
09-29-2009, 08:13 PM
We finally nailed down the restaurant list we want to have breakfast at.

Captain's Grille
Boma
Wave
O'Hana
Kona Cafe
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Grand Floridian Cafe
Chef Mickey
1900 Park Fare
Crystal Palace
Cinderella's Royal Table

Please keep in mind this list is our prefer breakfast restaurant and not necessary we must eat at every one of them. For example, we might end up eat at Kona Cafe twice and not go to Chef Mickey. So the possibilities are endless. Eventually, we will nail down which restaurant we will go at what day.

eandesmom
09-29-2009, 08:37 PM
I'm in! I really enjoyed your TR and am looking forward to your PTR :)

Sounds great so far! And hopefully no more disasters!

topdog
09-29-2009, 09:07 PM
Welcome aboard Cynthia. Glad you can join us again.

GreatBiscuit
09-29-2009, 09:21 PM
TOPDOG! What's up my friend? I can't wait to hear all about your upcoming trip! I'm already looking forward to the photos! Signing up. popcorn::

Brave teacher
09-29-2009, 10:50 PM
I'm in! I look forward to hearing about your upcoming trip.

topdog
09-30-2009, 07:16 AM
TOPDOG! What's up my friend? I can't wait to hear all about your upcoming trip! I'm already looking forward to the photos! Signing up. popcorn::
Hi GB. Glad you can join us again. I am still reading your TR but you update too fast for me. :lmao: I am still catching up.
I'm in! I look forward to hearing about your upcoming trip.
Hello Brave teacher. Welcome aboard. I see you have a PTR already. I will have to go check it out.

topdog
10-02-2009, 10:57 PM
I had a long day in NYC today. Too tired to post what I thought about the Disney trip but I did draw up what are the restaurant choices for lunch & dinner. This list is long. I should have the list ready some time during the weekend.

GoofyFairie
10-03-2009, 04:51 PM
Hi topdog! As worried as I am about your camera equipment disaster repeating itself, the 10 days of walking around Disney worries me more since your feet didn't fair well the last time. I am also really excited to see what kind of creative shots you and DW come up with for each other and Ted. Please be sure you don't loose him!
Now about those resturant choices, don't keep us in suspense! I can't wait to see where "we're" going! Smoothie anyone?

topdog
10-03-2009, 10:32 PM
I promise, 1, I am not going to leave my camera bag home this time. As for my feet, since this time it's a 10 days excursion, we will allocate 2 days of doing nothing and puss around. Hopefully, that will give my feet some extra time to recover.

I better not loose Ted in the park. My DW will have me for breakfast. :rotfl:

topdog
10-03-2009, 10:48 PM
It's time to list our choice of lunch & dinner restaurant.

50's Prime Time Cafe
Artist Point
Big River Grille & Brewing Works
California Grill
Citricos
Coral Reef
Flame Tree Barbecue
Kona Cafe
Kouzzina
Le Cellier Steakhouse
Narcoossee's
Ohana
Olivia's Cafe
Raglan Road Irish Pub & Restaurant
Restaurant Marrakesh
Shutters at Old Port Royale
Teppan Edo
The Hollywood Brown Derby
The Turf Club Bar & Grill
tokyo Dining
Tusker House
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Wolfgang Puck Cafe
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Yak and Yeti Restaurant
Planet Hollywood

This might be more restaurant than what we actually need. At this point, we just want to pick out all the potential one and then decide which one we will go base on which park we will be visit on that particular day. I am sure we will be making a lot of changes before making the ADR.

Right now, we are looking at driving instead of flying. Therefore, it gives up some logistic flexibility instead of relying on Disney transportation.

One of the thing we do want to do is the Fantasmic show since we never done that before. Can some one please explain to me how that work? I know it's a show but dinner is part of the package too, isn't it?

Same thing with MVMCP, I don't have a clue how that work. That's on our must do list also. Some one please let me know what am I in for or better yet, how to get on the party guest list?

Diamondintheruff
10-04-2009, 12:56 AM
There is a fantasmic dinner package. Here is what allearsnet.com says about it.

What is the Fantasmic! Dining Experience?

The Fantasmic! Dining Experience includes dinner at one of the participating Disney's Hollywood Studios restaurants and reserved seating in the Fantasmic! amphitheater. As of this writing, only Brown Derby, Mama Melrose, and Hollywood & Vine are participating.

This means that instead of waiting in line for 60-90 minutes outside the theater, you can walk right up to the theater 30-45 minutes before show time, (no waiting in a long line!) and still have a seat.

Is there a charge for the package?

There is no additional charge for the package itself. However, the package, which includes the Fantasmic! seating pass, MUST be guaranteed at the time of booking with a credit card, and a $10 cancellation fee applies if not cancelled at least 48 hours beforehand.

I did it a few years ago and was pleased not to have to wait forever. However, it should be mentioned that they aren't the best seats in the house. They aren't the worst either. They are off to the side a bit.

When you decide which restaurant you want to book the package through the waiter will give you a piece of paper that gets you into the theatre through a side door.

MVMCP is a hard ticket event. The park closes for regular guests at 7pm. Only people with tickets for the party that night can get in. They have special events, parades and fireworks just for the party. The tickets are usually around $50. I haven't been but I did go to the pirate and princess party and am heading to MNSSHP soon!

The other thing I would suggest is one of the backstage tours. They have a special christmas tour. It's called the Yuletide fantasy tour. I think it's about $70. If that doesn't get you in the holiday spirit I don't know what would.

topdog
10-04-2009, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the 411. Your information is very helpful. We will definitely consider the MVMCP & the Fantasmic dining experience. DW mention some kind of Pirate boat ride at the Seven Seas Lagoon to watch Wishes as well. Didn't know about the Yuletide fantasy tour. We will have to look into that one.

Other tours we are considering; Segway and the steam train tour. Although I heard the steam train tour was suspended due to the monorail accident. Hopefully, every thing will be back to normal by the time we go.

Brave teacher
10-04-2009, 09:43 PM
My goodness! That sure is a long list of restaurants. I can't wait to see how yall narrow down that list.;)

topdog
10-05-2009, 06:58 AM
My goodness! That sure is a long list of restaurants. I can't wait to see how yall narrow down that list.;)

LOL...Actually, DW will be the one who narrow down the list. All I need is just show up and eat. :rotfl:

topdog
10-05-2009, 07:11 AM
DW is trying to persuade me to do the swim with the dolphin thing in Disney. It's not that I don't want to do it but it's a bit pricey. I have to think about it. In 1995 when we were at WDW, DW constantly trying to convince me to do the Fighter School USA experience. For $700, you get to train and fly a retired fighter jet. I chicken out. Not that I am afraid to fly the jet. $700 is a lot of money. I just don't think we can spend that kind of money for just a couple of hours of thrill.

Another question for any Atlanta, Georgia reader our there. After watching the travel channel this weekend, I am seriously thinking about stopping over at Atlanta for a quick meal either on our way down or on our way back. That is if we are driving. I think DW is still traumatize from our last flight at Atlanta airport though.:laughing: I am looking at either the Varsity hot dog or Gladys Knight and Ron Winan Chicken & Waffles. Can any one comment is either place something worthy to stop by??

eandesmom
10-06-2009, 01:31 PM
that is one long impressive list of places to eat at! It will be fun to see you narrow it down.

Please pack the right shoes this time :) And bring more than one option.

I can imagine your DW is traumatized after your flight home last time, driving makes a lot of sense!

KathyRN137
10-06-2009, 07:54 PM
Hi Topdog! :wave2:

I'm so happy you're going back, especially during the Christmas season! :santa:

Definitely do the MVMCP and the Candelight Processional in Epcot! :thumbsup2

Better tie a red string around your finger so you don't forget "the bag" again!! I'm looking forward to more fabulous photography!

Kathy

topdog
10-07-2009, 08:09 PM
that is one long impressive list of places to eat at! It will be fun to see you narrow it down.

Please pack the right shoes this time :) And bring more than one option.

I can imagine your DW is traumatized after your flight home last time, driving makes a lot of sense!
As of right now, driving seems to be the good choice. However, weather is another unknown element we have to worry about. It's know to start snowing from Holloween time at where we live. It won't be fun if we come home through a snow storm.

I definitely will bring more than one pair of shoes. There will also be a little twist for this trip. I will reveal when it is ready.

Hi Topdog! :wave2:

I'm so happy you're going back, especially during the Christmas season! :santa:

Definitely do the MVMCP and the Candelight Processional in Epcot! :thumbsup2

Better tie a red string around your finger so you don't forget "the bag" again!! I'm looking forward to more fabulous photography!

Kathy
Thank you Kathy. Don't worry, I will have a team of people remind me about the camera bag on the day we leave. :laughing:

What is Candlelight Processional?? I've been wondering.

We can wait to see Christmas in Disney. I've only seen it once in 1977.

Leger13
10-07-2009, 09:24 PM
DW is trying to persuade me to do the swim with the dolphin thing in Disney. It's not that I don't want to do it but it's a bit pricey. I have to think about it. In 1995 when we were at WDW, DW constantly trying to convince me to do the Fighter School USA experience. For $700, you get to train and fly a retired fighter jet. I chicken out. Not that I am afraid to fly the jet. $700 is a lot of money. I just don't think we can spend that kind of money for just a couple of hours of thrill.

Another question for any Atlanta, Georgia reader our there. After watching the travel channel this weekend, I am seriously thinking about stopping over at Atlanta for a quick meal either on our way down or on our way back. That is if we are driving. I think DW is still traumatize from our last flight at Atlanta airport though.:laughing: I am looking at either the Varsity hot dog or Gladys Knight and Ron Winan Chicken & Waffles. Can any one comment is either place something worthy to stop by??

I hear you on not wanting to spend that kind of $ on just a few hours. I would feel the same way. Tell her one day you will do a Disney Cruise and do the dolphin encounter at Nasau....it's much cheaper and more authentic. :goodvibes

As far as the Varsity, a lot of ppl say it's a must do. I myself have never been there because my stomach cannot handle that greesy of food but I know a lot of locals love it and say it's great. I can't tell you anything about Gladys Knight's either. I've never heard of that place. Sorry I can't be of more help. I have been to one place in Atlanta to eat but it is pretty pricey but it was GOOODDDDD!!! It's called the Sun Dial. It's on top of one of the hotels in Atlanta and it revolves so you get to see the whole city while you eat. I know how much you like beef so I must say they have the BEST rib eye there. I had never had a steak so tender in my life. It was so good I had to eat every bite. But like I said, it's a bit pricey. I don't blame your wife on not wanting to go to the Atlanta airport anymore. I've personally never had a problem but I've never had a lay over here. I think a lot of ppl have problems with lay overs here in Atlanta. For some reason Atlanta airport employees cannot seem to get that part of the flight process right. :headache:

Leger13
10-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Here is the link for the SunDial

http://www.sundialrestaurant.com/

It looks like they are currently renovating.

topdog
10-07-2009, 10:14 PM
Thank you for the info Carla. Unfortunately, Sun Dial seems like a fine dinning restaurant. I doubt I will have my suit and tie while we're on such long distance travel. The place do look impressive though.

I am just looking for something unusual, quick so we can eat and go. Waffle and fried chicken seems to fit the unusual theme.

Disney cruise is on my to do list. I am already planning our first Disney cruise to Alaska from Vancouver in 2011. Then I will look into the Disney Caribbean cruise after.

Leger13
10-07-2009, 10:18 PM
Thank you for the info Carla. Unfortunately, Sun Dial seems like a fine dinning restaurant. I doubt I will have my suit and tie while we're on such long distance travel. The place do look impressive though.

I am just looking for something unusual, quick so we can eat and go. Waffle and fried chicken seems to fit the unusual theme.

Disney cruise is on my to do list. I am already planning our first Disney cruise to Alaska from Vancouver in 2011. Then I will look into the Disney Caribbean cruise after.

Ah yeah I didn't even think about that. Silly me :laughing: Like I said, a lot of ppl love the Varsity so I think if that's where you choose to go it will be just great. :goodvibes It's for sure a land mark here in the ATL.

Oh sweet! Sounds like a fun vacation. :goodvibes I can't wait to take a Disney cruise. I'm thinking of doing that for my 30th bday in a couple of years.

My2Qtz0205
10-08-2009, 09:24 AM
I loved your last TR, so I am on board!:thumbsup2

topdog
10-09-2009, 09:45 PM
I loved your last TR, so I am on board!:thumbsup2

Welcome aboard. Please feel free to chime in.

GreatBiscuit
10-09-2009, 09:51 PM
Hey TD! Awesome restaurant list! I'm with you on the $700 being pricey for 2 hours. :scared1: I don't think I could justify that either!
Looking forward to seeing how you narrow down the list!

topdog
10-10-2009, 08:02 PM
Looking forward to seeing how you narrow down the list!
It sure would be fun to figure that one out.

topdog
10-10-2009, 08:07 PM
DW want to practice with her camera today for the Disney trip. I happened to be cleaning up our yard/driveway. Then I became the "American Next Top Looser". :rotfl2::rotfl2:

http://www.dewlama.com/Public/Photos/Stuff/DSCN1516.jpg

Brave teacher
10-11-2009, 09:51 AM
Why is it that someone always wants to pictures of you at the moment when you give your beauty team the day off?

topdog
10-11-2009, 10:25 PM
Weekend came and gone. I did a lot of yard cleaning. Next week will be a very busy week.

DW and I are going to Philly tomorrow for a KISS concert. Gosh...the last time I saw KISS was in 1977. It is going to be rocking great!!

Tuesday would be a very rough day. I have to go to NYC for two specialist appointment with my mom back to back. She is going to need medical clearance for a brain tumor removal surgery. The good news is the tumor is not cancer. The bad news is it already cause some vision problem. Hopefully, after the tumor removal, her vision might come back. I've been going back & forth to take her all over the city for doctor's visit in the past few weeks. It was a lot of traveling. Right now, the target date for her surgery is at the end of October.

The most difficult part is trying to deliver the news to my sister and her family who live at Vancouver, BC. My sister and mother hasn't been seen or spoke to each other for years. I can't even remember how long. I already told my nieces and nephew about the news but still dragging my behind email my sister on the news. I don't even know where to begin. I better get this done by tomorrow.

Leger13
10-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Weekend came and gone. I did a lot of yard cleaning. Next week will be a very busy week.

DW and I are going to Philly tomorrow for a KISS concert. Gosh...the last time I saw KISS was in 1977. It is going to be rocking great!!

Tuesday would be a very rough day. I have to go to NYC for two specialist appointment with my mom back to back. She is going to need medical clearance for a brain tumor removal surgery. The good news is the tumor is not cancer. The bad news is it already cause some vision problem. Hopefully, after the tumor removal, her vision might come back. I've been going back & forth to take her all over the city for doctor's visit in the past few weeks. It was a lot of traveling. Right now, the target date for her surgery is at the end of October.

The most difficult part is trying to deliver the news to my sister and her family who live at Vancouver, BC. My sister and mother hasn't been seen or spoke to each other for years. I can't even remember how long. I already told my nieces and nephew about the news but still dragging my behind email my sister on the news. I don't even know where to begin. I better get this done by tomorrow.

:woohoo::woohoo:Kiss!! Hope you guys have a blast!!

Bummer about your Mom's surgery but glad to hear that it is not cancer. Hoping her vision goes back to normal after the surgery but a little bit of messed up vision is better than cancer I would think. Hope the surgery happens when you guys want it to and that everything goes well. Will be praying. Keep us updated. :hug: That also sucks that your Mom and sister haven't talked in so many years. I'll be praying that you are able to find the right words to tell your sister about what is going on with your Mother.

Brave teacher
10-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Have fun at Kiss! I hope everything works out with your mom and the surgery.

eandesmom
10-13-2009, 12:02 AM

Have fun at KISS. That would be wild.

Can they give her steroids or anthing to get the swelling down? I went through brain tumor surgery twice with my ex (him not me) and that really helped with the symptoms prior to surgery. While it is a blessing that it isn't cancer, I know how scary it all is.

I will be thinking of you. Just tell it like it is, that is all you can do. The rest is up to them.

:hug:

topdog
10-13-2009, 10:37 PM
:woohoo::woohoo:Kiss!! Hope you guys have a blast!!

Bummer about your Mom's surgery but glad to hear that it is not cancer. Hoping her vision goes back to normal after the surgery but a little bit of messed up vision is better than cancer I would think. Hope the surgery happens when you guys want it to and that everything goes well. Will be praying. Keep us updated. :hug: That also sucks that your Mom and sister haven't talked in so many years. I'll be praying that you are able to find the right words to tell your sister about what is going on with your Mother.
We had a great time at the KISS concert. They still put up a great show after all these year.

It's really hard to see my mom and my sister are like that for decades. I don't know what to do. I did email my sister tonight. Let see how that works out. My mom's surgery is very dangerous due to her age. The only comfort level I have is she will have an excellent team of surgeons to work on her and they are all very professional.
Have fun at Kiss! I hope everything works out with your mom and the surgery.
The KISS concert was awesome and thank you for the kind word.
Have fun at KISS. That would be wild.

Can they give her steroids or anthing to get the swelling down? I went through brain tumor surgery twice with my ex (him not me) and that really helped with the symptoms prior to surgery. While it is a blessing that it isn't cancer, I know how scary it all is.

I will be thinking of you. Just tell it like it is, that is all you can do. The rest is up to them.

:hug:

The KISS concert was more than wild. It was the bomb. After all these years, they still put up a great show.

My mom is already taking some kind of steroid because her hormone is all messed up. However, surgeon said the tumor must be remove. It's not an option at this point. There will be risk but it's about 2 to 3%.

I did email my sister tonight. Let see what happen. I also email to my nieces and my nephew last week and they already called their grandma. My niece met her grandma when she was barely 10. My nephew never met his grandma. This is the first time he ever talks to her. My mom was so happy she gets to talk to them including my grandnieces who is only 19 months old. What little thing can thrill people.

topdog
10-13-2009, 10:40 PM
The KISS was totally awesome. It was beyond awesome. It's beawesome!!!

However, I think I've seen enough air guitarist and air drummer that last me a life time. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Sorry. I only have my cellphone with me. This is the best I can do.
http://www.dewlama.com/Public/Photos/Stuff/KISS.jpg

eandesmom
10-13-2009, 11:26 PM
My mom's surgery is very dangerous due to her age. The only comfort level I have is she will have an excellent team of surgeons to work on her and they are all very professional.

The KISS concert was more than wild. It was the bomb. After all these years, they still put up a great show.

My mom is already taking some kind of steroid because her hormone is all messed up. However, surgeon said the tumor must be remove. It's not an option at this point. There will be risk but it's about 2 to 3%.

I did email my sister tonight. Let see what happen. I also email to my nieces and my nephew last week and they already called their grandma. My niece met her grandma when she was barely 10. My nephew never met his grandma. This is the first time he ever talks to her. My mom was so happy she gets to talk to them including my grandnieces who is only 19 months old. What little thing can thrill people.

The KISS was totally awesome. It was beyond awesome. It's beawesome!!!

However, I think I've seen enough air guitarist and air drummer that last me a life time. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Sorry. I only have my cellphone with me. This is the best I can do.
http://www.dewlama.com/Public/Photos/Stuff/KISS.jpg

You were there! That's what counts. MAN that looks like a huge crowd!

That is so wonderful about your nieces and nephews. YOU did that, you brought them together. I know it is awful, the reason, but what a blessing all around.

It isn't a little thing at all.

Hopefully whatever issue your sister has, can be put aside. You've done all you can and more than many would do.

I know how hard family can be, we've got all kinds of weird stuff between DH's Dad (who is sick), his Mom (who is divorced from his dad) and his brother (who is also sick). Poor DH keeps getting drug into the middle and it's awful. It also makes me a little mad.

Your mom is in my prayers.

Leger13
10-14-2009, 10:58 AM
We had a great time at the KISS concert. They still put up a great show after all these year.

It's really hard to see my mom and my sister are like that for decades. I don't know what to do. I did email my sister tonight. Let see how that works out. My mom's surgery is very dangerous due to her age. The only comfort level I have is she will have an excellent team of surgeons to work on her and they are all very professional.

Glad you had fun! :goodvibes

I can only imagine. My FIL is like that with his family. He just doesn't talk to them. It's sad really. Maybe this will be the thing that brings them back together. I'm glad you have peace with the team of surgeons your Mom has. :goodvibes

topdog
10-15-2009, 10:54 PM
I am so happy tonight. :dance3:

I called my sister tonight. She told me she just got off the phone with mom after almost an hour of talking. I almost fell off my chair.

I know they will never make up from whatever the argument that had but at least they talked. That's all I want. I just want them to talk at least once before the surgery. That's some serious weight off my chest.

Now I can focus on getting mom through the surgery. She will be getting her full medical exam Monday. Then all we need is her primary doctor to sign off the medical clearance and she's ready for surgery.

eandesmom
10-15-2009, 11:45 PM

I called my sister tonight. She told me she just got off the phone with mom after almost an hour of talking. I almost fell off my chair.

I know they will never make up from whatever the argument that had but at least they talked. That's all I want. I just want them to talk at least once before the surgery. That's some serious weight off my chest.

Now I can focus on getting mom through the surgery. She will be getting her full medical exam Monday. Then all we need is her primary doctor to sign off the medical clearance and she's ready for surgery.

This just gave me chills.

I am so happy for you, for your mom and for your sister!:goodvibes

Leger13
10-16-2009, 11:58 AM

oh I am SO happy to hear this too! What a load off of you I'm sure. :goodvibes

GoofyFairie
10-17-2009, 03:05 PM
Topdog, I am catching up today, but wanted to say, that you and your family are in my prayers. As hard as it is, try to spend your time really talking to your mom instead of worrying about something you can't control or change. You are being a wonderful son to your mother and she loves you for it I'm sure. I hope all of you can find comfort and strength in your faith. :hug:

Brave teacher
10-17-2009, 09:01 PM
I am so happy to hear that your sister gave your mom a call. That is so great! I do pray that everything goes well.

That crowd looks amazing. I am certain it was a blast!

topdog
10-20-2009, 09:28 PM
Thank you everyone. I've been busy for the past couple of days. Office has a new project wants me to pay attention. I have to commute to Hartford, CT yesterday for a 5 hours long meeting. 3.5 hrs to go there and then another 3.5 hrs to come home. It was a long drive.

Anyway, mom is doing fine. She has her full physical test yesterday. Report should be come out Thursday for her medical clearance. If everything pass, next Tuesday is the big day.

Let's go back to do some planning. One of my goal for this trip is to try some new photography skill I don't normally shoot, panorama shot particular. I saw a few shot from our fellow DISer, Great Biscuit, which I thought was awesome. So I did a little research and digging and I found this engineer firm out at CA that make a camera bracket specifically for panorama shot. After a few months of waiting because I wasn't sure if I really want to have on or not. I finally broke down and order one last week.

The bracket finally arrived this week.
http://www.dewlama.com/Public/Photos/CameraGear/PanoHead3.jpg

Here is what it look like to mount it horizontally. The whole thing would then mount on top of the tripod.
http://www.dewlama.com/Public/Photos/CameraGear/PanoHead3Horz.jpg

Mount it vertically.
http://www.dewlama.com/Public/Photos/CameraGear/PanoHead3Vert.jpg

The whole bracket can rotate 360 degrees in increments base on the color dots on the bracket. It's a very cool attachment. Well...at least for photographer fan. :laughing:

One other thing we want to do is to re-shoot some of the photo we took back in 1995. Here are a few samples.
http://www.dewlama.com/Public/Photos/Disney/OldDisney/Me&Totem.jpg

http://www.dewlama.com/Public/Photos/Disney/OldDisney/Me&Tomorrowland.jpg

http://www.dewlama.com/Public/Photos/Disney/OldDisney/Me&Metrophone.jpg

Even DW has a few of those old picture she wants to reshoot. This ought to be fun. Believe it or not, I still have and wear those same clothes and shoes today. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

eandesmom
10-20-2009, 10:58 PM
Great Biscuits panorama shots are something else. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

UGH on that commute!

And hey, if the shoes, shorts and shirt still fit and aren't falling apart, more power to you is what I say!

GoofyFairie
10-23-2009, 02:37 PM
Is there room in "the bag" for another gizmo? :)

topdog
10-23-2009, 09:06 PM
And hey, if the shoes, shorts and shirt still fit and aren't falling apart, more power to you is what I say!
We shall see. The clothes might be a bit snug. The spare tire just keeps on growing. :lmao::lmao:
Is there room in "the bag" for another gizmo? :)
The bag always room for more gizmo. Since most likely we will be driving this time, I might bring the kitchen sink as well. :rotfl::rotfl:

topdog
10-23-2009, 09:33 PM
Okay...sorry I haven't been doing much Disney planning lately. I am trying to focus on mom's surgery. After weeks of doctors' visit, today...I was inform by the surgeon's office that mom's medical clearance has passed. She is good to go for surgery as schedule. The big day will be Tuesday @ 7:30am, 4 day from today. This is it. We are finally at the point of no return now. Hopefully, every thing goes according to plan.

As for Disney planning, DW did add some more iternary for the trip such as steam train tour, MVMCP and the Osborne light show. She did mention about the Segway tour but still not sure about it. I did say I have to watch a few show this time like Finding Nemo and Beauty & the Beast. Lion King is a maybe. I did want to try the Wish dessert party also but not sure if we are able to eat that much. It does look very good though.

We did kinda sort out our travel arrangement. Right now, the plan is drive unless there is something that change our mind. The more I've been read about how lousy the airline operate like plane over shot 150 miles from destination or plane sat on runway for 6 hours and airline blame every one but themselves. I am getting sick and tired how poor airline operate these days. Yet, they keep charging more & more for the luggage. Enough is enough. No flying unless we absolutely have to.

Therefore, we plan to leave on Thanksgiving day morning and head to my SIL at LaGrange, NC. We then leave Sat morning to stop at Jacksonville for a night. We will then arrive WL by Sunday afternoon. That will give us time to just relax at the resort for the whole day and go to DTD for lunch and/or dinner. We can then be fully charge for Monday morning "Power Disney"!!!:thumbsup2

eandesmom
10-24-2009, 12:45 PM
Your mom will be in my prayers on Tuesday.

Your travel plans sound good!

Beauty and the Beast is my favorite show :goodvibes

topdog
10-30-2009, 11:04 PM
I've been MIA for quite a few days. That's because I was busy making arrangement for my mom's surgery.

I am happy to say the surgery was a success. The surgeon was able to get at least 80% of the tumor out. She was in the ICU after the surgery for about day and a half. Then she got transfer to regular room afterward. In less than 24 hours, she got discharged. So she is home recovering for the rest of the way.

We have to monitor her closely for the next few month and making sure there is no spinal cord fluid leak or stroke. As for now, all it left is a lot of doctors' follow up appointment. I am burning all my vacation days like there is no tomorrow. I better have enough left over for our Disney trip next year. LOL...

GoofyFairie
10-31-2009, 01:20 PM
So glad to hear that everything went well. :goodvibes I will continue to pray for her recovery.

Diamondintheruff
10-31-2009, 02:32 PM
Hope her recovery continues along smoothly.

Of all people who could eat enough to make the Wishes dessert party worth it my money is on you.:rotfl2:

eandesmom
10-31-2009, 03:41 PM
Hope her recovery continues along smoothly.

Of all people who could eat enough to make the Wishes dessert party worth it my money is on you.:rotfl2:

I'd have to agree with Diamond on that!

Glad to hear that things went well.

topdog
10-31-2009, 06:38 PM

I'd have to agree with Diamond on that!

Thank you for the vote of confidence. :)

Planning fanatic mom
11-01-2009, 07:24 AM
:wave2: I have found you. I'm in!!:banana: I loved your TR from Feb and will read along again.

We have driven from PA the last 2 times. It is a long trip, but we did fine. You seem to have it broken up nicely. It is also nice to have the car at Disney if you want it. This time we have decided to fly. We are going to drive to DC and fly direct out of Reagan Airport. Of course, with my family, we will need to do some historical site seeing the day before we leave.

Imagine my surprise when I saw my name in one of your first few posts. :) I am flattered that you are going to do a photo scavenger hunt after hearing about ours. Let me know when you are ready, I'll post our list.

I'm glad your mom is doing well. This Thanksgiving you'll have even more to be thankful for. :love:

I am about a month and half away from our ADR time. I need to make sure I'm ready.

Can't wait for more.

Brave teacher
11-01-2009, 09:12 PM
I've been MIA for quite a few days. That's because I was busy making arrangement for my mom's surgery.

I am happy to say the surgery was a success. The surgeon was able to get at least 80% of the tumor out. She was in the ICU after the surgery for about day and a half. Then she got transfer to regular room afterward. In less than 24 hours, she got discharged. So she is home recovering for the rest of the way.

We have to monitor her closely for the next few month and making sure there is no spinal cord fluid leak or stroke. As for now, all it left is a lot of doctors' follow up appointment. I am burning all my vacation days like there is no tomorrow. I better have enough left over for our Disney trip next year. LOL...

I am glad to hear things went well with your mom's surgery. I wish her a speedy recovery.

disneycat_f2008
11-02-2009, 03:47 PM
I've just finshed reading your last trip report & I shall be keeping up to date with this one :)

topdog
11-05-2009, 07:35 AM
:wave2: I have found you. I'm in!!:banana: I loved your TR from Feb and will read along again.

We have driven from PA the last 2 times. It is a long trip, but we did fine. You seem to have it broken up nicely. It is also nice to have the car at Disney if you want it. This time we have decided to fly. We are going to drive to DC and fly direct out of Reagan Airport. Of course, with my family, we will need to do some historical site seeing the day before we leave.

Imagine my surprise when I saw my name in one of your first few posts. :) I am flattered that you are going to do a photo scavenger hunt after hearing about ours. Let me know when you are ready, I'll post our list.

I'm glad your mom is doing well. This Thanksgiving you'll have even more to be thankful for. :love:

I am about a month and half away from our ADR time. I need to make sure I'm ready.

Can't wait for more.
Thanks PFM. It's nice to hear from you again.

Will you be staying at WL again or somewhere else?

I think from where you are to DC is about the same for me to go to Philly, about 1.5 hrs. That's why I choose Allentown airport. It's only 40 minutes away but no direct flight from there. I don't mind driving but sitting in a car with my DW for that many hours, not sure who will survive by the time we get to Disney. :rotfl2:

I am about to make a list for the photo scavenger hunt. I think it will be very challenging and counting for your input as well. Last time I took over 5,000 pictures in 7 days. This time, I am hoping to shatter that record plus I might be shooting some video as well.
I am glad to hear things went well with your mom's surgery. I wish her a speedy recovery.
Thanks. Mom is doing very well. We went to the first follow up Tuesday and the doctor said she is recovering exceptionally well given her age. There are still more follow up visit on the way.
I've just finshed reading your last trip report & I shall be keeping up to date with this one :)
Hi Disneycat. Welcome aboard!! Hope you like my last TR. I am still a little slow on my PTR because it's a 13 months away. Hopefully, I can put this into a little faster pace soon.
How's thing across the pond?? I have a brother who live outside of London whom I haven't seen for years.

topdog
11-05-2009, 07:54 AM
Now that my family emergency has calm down. Let's focus on this PTR a bit more.

We have the restaurant list but we still don't know which day we are going where. I got to bug DW about that. She's usually pretty good organize that. She organize all our 7 days ADR within a matter of 3 or 4 days. :eek: We only made 1 change after we got there. Not bad.

Let's talk about some activity while we are in the park. Photo scavenger hunt particularly. I stole that idea from "Planning Fanatic Mom". Basically, we create a list of ideas what we want to see in a picture and see how many we can cross off the list. For example, a CM name Judy or "topdog" jumping in mid air in front of the castle. I don't have my list yet but in the process of creating one. So I am asking everyone who is ready this PTR contribute your shot ideas. Here are some guideline. Each participant can contribute up to 10 ideas. Please keep the idea G rated and realistic. I don't want to get kick out of WDW. :lmao: Eventually, I will compile the list as the trip get closer and post all the ideas that make the cut. Once I come back start my TR, I will post those pictures as the TR unfold. I will also credit those picture to those who contribute their ideas.

So don't be shy. Be creative. Post your ideas and see how many I can cross off that "list". We have 13 months to do this. I hope I am up to the challenge.

Leger13
11-05-2009, 09:07 AM

We have the restaurant list but we still don't know which day we are going where. I got to bug DW about that. She's usually pretty good organize that. She organize all our 7 days ADR within a matter of 3 or 4 days. :eek: We only made 1 change after we got there. Not bad.

Let's talk about some activity while we are in the park. Photo scavenger hunt particularly. I stole that idea from "Planning Fanatic Mom". Basically, we create a list of ideas what we want to see in a picture and see how many we can cross off the list. For example, a CM name Judy or "topdog" jumping in mid air in front of the castle. I don't have my list yet but in the process of creating one. So I am asking everyone who is ready this PTR contribute your shot ideas. Here are some guideline. Each participant can contribute up to 10 ideas. Please keep the idea G rated and realistic. I don't want to get kick out of WDW. :lmao: Eventually, I will compile the list as the trip get closer and post all the ideas that make the cut. Once I come back start my TR, I will post those pictures as the TR unfold. I will also credit those picture to those who contribute their ideas.

So don't be shy. Be creative. Post your ideas and see how many I can cross off that "list". We have 13 months to do this. I hope I am up to the challenge.

What a great idea!!

A friend of mine just got back from WDW in September and I saw her photopass pictures. One of the pictures is her making the "rock on" symbol with her hand with her tongue sticking out. I thought that was such a great and cute idea for the picture so that is the idea I'm gonna throw out there for you to try and get a picture like that. :thumbsup2 I really need to make a list o fthe picutres I want to try and get myself on our December trip but I just don't know where to begin. *sigh* Maybe I need to steal your idea and do something like this on my ptr.

topdog
11-05-2009, 08:07 PM
What a great idea!!

A friend of mine just got back from WDW in September and I saw her photopass pictures. One of the pictures is her making the "rock on" symbol with her hand with her tongue sticking out. I thought that was such a great and cute idea for the picture so that is the idea I'm gonna throw out there for you to try and get a picture like that. :thumbsup2 I really need to make a list o fthe picutres I want to try and get myself on our December trip but I just don't know where to begin. *sigh* Maybe I need to steal your idea and do something like this on my ptr.
Okay...I'll bite. I will start tracking the photo idea beginning from next post.

topdog
11-05-2009, 08:10 PM
I will update this post as more people contribute their ideas. I also add a link from the 1st post to jump to this post.

Photo scavenger hunt idea listing.

Leger13:
"Rock On" hand sign with tongue stick out.

Planning fanatic mom:
A family member with a man-eating animal
Pete's Dragon
A cast member not smiling
A talking animal (must be a real live animal)
Cotton Candy

eandesmom:
Mickey Bar. Preferably someone eating and thoroughly enjoying.

GoofyFairie
A photo of a hidden mickey so that it looks like you are holing it in your hands or wearing it for a hat

Pryate_Pryncess
Tin of mint
Chase by duck

Trinity524
Photo of some one who dress for blizzard and some one who dress for summer at the same day

Planning fanatic mom
11-05-2009, 08:34 PM
Only 10??? :scared1: I will try to control myself and limit to just 10 ideas.

Here are some;
Pete's Dragon
Cotton Candy

Well, that's all I can think of right now. I'm going to get DH to help me.

More to come!

topdog
11-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Only 10??? :scared1: I will try to control myself and limit to just 10 ideas.

Here are some;
Pete's Dragon
Cotton Candy

Well, that's all I can think of right now. I'm going to get DH to help me.

More to come!
LOL...okay okay...since you are the founder of this photo scavenger hunt. I will make an exception for you. You and your DH can contribute up to 20 ideas. I want to give other people a chance to participate too. At the same time, I don't want to get overwhelm either so I do have to spend the entire trip to do this alone.

eandesmom
11-05-2009, 11:56 PM

Ok, I'm going to put my thinking cap on for this one! What a fun idea.

But I'm staking claim to

Glad to hear your mom is doing well!:thumbsup2

topdog
11-06-2009, 07:21 AM
Ok, I'm going to put my thinking cap on for this one! What a fun idea.

But I'm staking claim to

Glad to hear your mom is doing well!:thumbsup2

You got it!

GoofyFairie
11-07-2009, 09:15 AM
How about a photo of a hidden mickey so that it looks like you are holding it in your hands or wearing it for a hat?

disneycat_f2008
11-07-2009, 09:39 AM
Hi Disneycat. Welcome aboard!! Hope you like my last TR. I am still a little slow on my PTR because it's a 13 months away. Hopefully, I can put this into a little faster pace soon.
How's thing across the pond?? I have a brother who live outside of London whom I haven't seen for years.

I have been keeping up with it all :goodvibes I know how you feel my PTR seems pretty bare at the moment as its still 11 months away.

Its starting to get very cold here as the winter is starting hopefully the winter won't be as bad as last year.

topdog
11-08-2009, 06:55 PM
How about a photo of a hidden mickey so that it looks like you are holing it in your hands or wearing it for a hat?
Very creative!! :thumbsup2
I have been keeping up with it all :goodvibes I know how you feel my PTR seems pretty bare at the moment as its still 11 months away.

Its starting to get very cold here as the winter is starting hopefully the winter won't be as bad as last year.
At least you beat my by 2 months.

It's very warm here today, in the mid 70s. Very unseasonably warm. I prefer cold weather. Single digit is my favorite or I am just weird. I can't wait until I go to Alaska again.

topdog
11-26-2009, 10:57 PM
Hello everyone.

I am still around. Just very busy between work and going to doctors follow up appointment with my mom once or twice every week. She's doing very well btw.

Holiday is already creeping up before you know it. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. My house tradition is to put up the Christmas tree and add on light on Thanksgiving night before we goes to bed. Oh! Ted must be the first one to climb the tree before any ornament is hang.

http://www.dewlama.com/Public/Photos/Stuff/AAA_9952.jpg

Notice the Mickey tree top. We got him from our 1995 trip. He's been there every year ever since. I haven't seen another one from Disney quite like this one.

Planning fanatic mom
11-27-2009, 07:24 AM
Glad to hear your mom is doing well.

Nice tree. You are way ahead of me.

Happy Thanksgiving (a day late)

GoofyFairie
11-28-2009, 04:02 PM
Glad to hear your mom is doing well.

Like the Mickey tree top- nice way to bring home some magic!

Brave teacher
11-28-2009, 06:06 PM
I LOVE that Mickey tree-topper!!! I have been searching for one that I like for years! That one would be perfect. I guess I'll have to take a trip in the Christmas shops in WDW during my next trip to see what I can find.

topdog
11-29-2009, 09:05 PM
Well...the tree is finally done.
http://www.dewlama.com/Public/Photos/Stuff/AAA_0004.jpg

Here is the tree top in close up.
http://www.dewlama.com/Public/Photos/Stuff/AAA_0009.jpg

One year from today will be the first day of our next trip. The excitement has just begun. :banana::banana:

topdog
11-29-2009, 10:39 PM
Here are some vintage Disney Christmas plush animals.

http://www.dewlama.com/Public/Photos/Stuff/AAA_0025.jpg

http://www.dewlama.com/Public/Photos/Stuff/AAA_0026.jpg

Planning fanatic mom
11-30-2009, 07:33 AM
Your tree is beautiful:wizard:

Love the Disney animals.

GoofyFairie
11-30-2009, 05:02 PM
I am so jealous.... of the tree and the trip! I would love to see Disney all decked out for Christmas. Maybe someday. I can't wait to see your photos and read your trip report though! Smoothie anyone?

eliz991
12-08-2009, 02:06 PM
I'm getting in early on this one - loved your last TR and it helped convince me to book at WL, and to try to actually take some decent pictures! I'm just a point and shoot kind of girl but I want to practice and see if I can improve. Usually my DH takes most of the pics, but he won't be on the next trip so I can hog the camera. :thumbsup2

Pictures to take...I had an idea but it flew right out of my head. I'll be back with some when I think of them. :)

GreatBiscuit
12-08-2009, 02:12 PM
Topdog! Love the updates! You decor was awesome! Gotta back a couple pages and get caught up now.

eandesmom
12-08-2009, 02:37 PM
Great update and decor! I especially love the mickey snowman :)

topdog
12-14-2009, 07:48 AM
Your tree is beautiful:wizard:

Love the Disney animals.
Thanks. I still can't believe they are 15 years old.
I am so jealous.... of the tree and the trip! I would love to see Disney all decked out for Christmas. Maybe someday. I can't wait to see your photos and read your trip report though! Smoothie anyone?
I can use a smoothie right now. :)
I'm getting in early on this one - loved your last TR and it helped convince me to book at WL, and to try to actually take some decent pictures! I'm just a point and shoot kind of girl but I want to practice and see if I can improve. Usually my DH takes most of the pics, but he won't be on the next trip so I can hog the camera. :thumbsup2

Pictures to take...I had an idea but it flew right out of my head. I'll be back with some when I think of them. :)
Welcome. WL is awesome with or without Xmas decor. There are plenty of photo op at WL. I would start with outside first.
Topdog! Love the updates! You decor was awesome! Gotta back a couple pages and get caught up now.
Thanks GB. I still have a looooonnng way to plan this out.
Great update and decor! I especially love the mickey snowman :)
Thanks. Mickey snowman can even play Jingle Bell.

topdog
12-14-2009, 07:57 AM
I am about to loose my mind. Still trying to figure out how the Xmas party works. Which day we should go to see the light show? Wonder if I can squeeze in the steam train tour. I am contemplating about the Segway tour but DW is a little skeptic about it. We then have to fit those in with the ADR.

Oh! My DW just notify me she sign us up to volunteer a day next spring so we can get an additional free park day at Disney. I don't even know what we will be volunteer.:confused: I think we will find out by Jan 1. So now, look like a 10 days trip turns into 11 days instead.

GoofyFairie
12-16-2009, 07:53 PM
I read about the volunteer day. I think I read somewhere that if you already have tickets that you can get a fastpass for all the fast pass rides at one park! That would be awesome!

eandesmom
12-16-2009, 10:05 PM
I read about the volunteer day. I think I read somewhere that if you already have tickets that you can get a fastpass for all the fast pass rides at one park! That would be awesome!

That's what I read too. It kicks off on 1/1 supposedly so I've registered online to get info once they have it and am hoping for the fastpass! Pretty sure I read it was a fastpass for SIX people!

topdog
12-16-2009, 10:11 PM

That's what I read too. It kicks off on 1/1 supposedly so I've registered online to get info once they have it and am hoping for the fastpass! Pretty sure I read it was a fastpass for SIX people!

Fastpass for all the rides at one park. That's awesome!! :thumbsup2 If that's the case, it will have to either DHS or EPCOT. Decision...decision...

GoofyFairie
12-17-2009, 07:44 AM
If I understand it correctly you would each get this option so you could fastpass for each other with your certificates so that would would mean fast passes for 2 parks!

topdog
12-17-2009, 08:05 AM
Oh no! Roy Disney just passed away.

topdog
12-17-2009, 08:12 AM
If I understand it correctly you would each get this option so you could fastpass for each other with your certificates so that would would mean fast passes for 2 parks!

I just read the Disney park website. This is what it said.
If I have a valid multi-day ticket or Annual Pass or Passport , is there anything else that I can receive?

Guests who present a valid multi-day ticket or Annual Pass or Passport may choose from one of the following three options instead of receiving the free 1-day, 1-park ticket:

* Disney's Special FASTPASS® cards for certain attractions for you and up to 5 additional members of your party.†
* A collectible Ear Hat figurine with exclusive trading pins‡
* Donate your free ticket to one of the select non-profit organizations designated by Disney Parks:

o Boys & Girls Clubs of Southern California
o Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida
o Dreams Take Flight Canada

It doesn't indicate the special FASTPASS can be use on all parks or better yet, what are the certain attractions are allow. Disney didn't publish the list of granted attractions.

eliz991
12-17-2009, 10:59 AM
Oh no! Roy Disney just passed away.

I saw this. Very sad. :sad1:

I just read the Disney park website. This is what it said.
If I have a valid multi-day ticket or Annual Pass or Passport , is there anything else that I can receive?

Guests who present a valid multi-day ticket or Annual Pass or Passport may choose from one of the following three options instead of receiving the free 1-day, 1-park ticket:

* Disney's Special FASTPASS® cards for certain attractions for you and up to 5 additional members of your party.†
* A collectible Ear Hat figurine with exclusive trading pins‡
* Donate your free ticket to one of the select non-profit organizations designated by Disney Parks:

o Boys & Girls Clubs of Southern California
o Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida
o Dreams Take Flight Canada

It doesn't indicate the special FASTPASS can be use on all parks or better yet, what are the certain attractions are allow. Disney didn't publish the list of granted attractions.

Hmm, interesting. I am going to look into it though, might still be worthwhile even to get a "selected" fastpass since we already have our tix.

topdog
12-18-2009, 09:44 PM
We were suppose to go to NYC today to see the tree and then swing over to pay a visit to the World of Disney one last time before it close down. However, it was only 6 degrees this morning when we woke up. I know the wind will be pretty strong over there. Therefore, we have a slight change of plan. Instead we went to Allentown and stroll around the mall. We went to the Disney store there and they had some kind of Christmas special buy one get one free mix match sleep wear and plush. So I decide to get a little last minute Christmas shopping for my grand niece up at Vancouver. For $17, I was able to pickup a Stitch and a PJ for my niece. Not bad. Stitch is pretty big. He's like twice the size of my "Ted".

http://www.dewlama.com/Public/Photos/Stuff/AAA_0104.jpg

Diamondintheruff
12-20-2009, 07:31 AM
It is sad news about Roy.

Stitch is very cute. Not as cute as Ted of course.

topdog
12-20-2009, 12:17 PM
Stitch is already on his way to British Columbia as of yesterday.:)

Leger13
12-21-2009, 11:06 AM
Hi Peter. Still trying to get caught up from being out of town for so long. Hope you and the family are doing well. Love the pictures of your christmas tree. The topper is too cute! I have a Tinkerbell one. :tinker:

That stinks that you were unable to make it to the World of Disney one last time. I hate that it's closing. I never was able to make it there. Oh well. Love the Stitch that you got for your niece. Very cute!

GoofyFairie
12-22-2009, 07:52 PM
topdog- I wasn't very clear in my writing. I meant you could redeem your fastpass certificate for you and DW at one park on one day and she could redeem her's in another park on a different day. This way you could each have fastpasses for 2 different parks, but on different days.

I am sad to hear about Roy. The world has lost another treasure.

topdog
12-25-2009, 09:25 AM
Merry Christmas everyone!!:santa::santa::santa:

Planning fanatic mom
12-25-2009, 10:57 AM
Merry Christmas, Topdog. Have a Happy New Year:santa:

topdog
12-31-2009, 10:29 PM
I know it is still an hour an a half away but...Happy New Year Everyone!!!:cheer2::cheer2:party:

Planning fanatic mom
12-31-2009, 11:02 PM
Happy New Year Topdog!!! Now you can say, "I'm going to Disney this Year!!"

topdog
01-01-2010, 12:26 AM
Happy New Year Topdog!!! Now you can say, "I'm going to Disney this Year!!"

Thanks PFM. I like how you think. :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

topdog
01-01-2010, 04:27 PM
Well...it's official now. We have signed up for the "Give a day. Get a Disney day". I even got the confirmation from Red Cross. It's a matter of when they contact me to when and where. I can't wait. In fact, I might sign up for another one. Humanity for Habitat is something I always look forward to volunteer for.

HandsOn Network Volunteer Opportunity Portal

Peter,

Thank you for your interest in the “Give a Day. Get a Disney Day.” program volunteer opportunity, “Health & Safety - Office Support/Data Entry”. HandsOn Network has notified Wyoming Valley Chapter American Red Cross that you are interested in scheduling a date and time for this volunteering opportunity and you should receive an e-mail or phone response within 5 days.

Once you and Wyoming Valley Chapter American Red Cross have agreed upon a date and time for you and any members of your household to volunteer, please click on the following link or copy it into your Web browser to complete the sign-up process

If you are unable to use this link, return to DisneyParks.com, and repeat your search to find the volunteer opportunity [Health & Safety - Office Support/Data Entry] again. Click “view details” to find a link to complete the sign up process.

It is important that you arrange a date and time, as this information is required to complete the sign up process.

If you have not heard from Wyoming Valley Chapter American Red Cross after 5 days, please contact the organization directly via the contact information below.

Opportunity Coordinator Name: Wayne Wolfe
Opportunity Coordinator Email: WolfeW@usa.redcross.org
Opportunity Coordinator Phone: 570-823-7161

If you are unable to arrange a date and time to volunteer for this opportunity, you can start a new search for more opportunities by returning to DisneyParks.com. Please note: You can always “express interest” in more than one opportunity.

If you require further assistance, please refer to the Program Terms & Conditions and Frequently Asked Questions for additional Guest support options.

Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you as soon as you've arranged the date and time to volunteer!

HandsOn Network
“Give A Day. Get A Disney Day.” Volunteer Support Team

HandsOn Network, the volunteer-focused arm of Points of Light Institute, is an international nonprofit organization whose core mission is to inspire, equip and mobilize people to take action that changes the world. Our vision is that one day every person will discover their power to make a difference, creating healthy communities in vibrant democracies around the world. In 2010, HandsOn Network is proud to celebrate the everyday heroes who serve in their communities with the “Give A Day. Get A Disney Day.” program.

This email is being sent from HandsOn Network. We are located at 600 Means Street, Suite 210, Atlanta, GA 30318 and 1875 K Street, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20006. If you no longer want to receive emails from us, please send an email to giveadaysupport@handsonnetwork.org with “unsubscribe” in the subject line.

eandesmom
01-02-2010, 01:03 AM
Oh I need to get on this! I've done Habitat before and it was great. I signed up on their site to get notified but didn't see anything yet today. You are on TOP of it!

Millie12591
01-02-2010, 04:18 AM
I'm late...but I'm still here! ;)
It was so good to see you over at GB's TR, I hope you and your wife had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year. :goodvibes

topdog
01-05-2010, 09:32 PM
Oh I need to get on this! I've done Habitat before and it was great. I signed up on their site to get notified but didn't see anything yet today. You are on TOP of it!
Actually, it's DW that kept "reminding" me to sign up and I use the term "reminding" very loosely. :lmao: In fact, I already received another email directly from Red Cross letting me know they will have the schedule ready in a couple of days. This is moving much faster pace then I anticipate.
I'm late...but I'm still here! ;)
It was so good to see you over at GB's TR, I hope you and your wife had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year. :goodvibes
Camille, Welcome aboard. We had a very nice Christmas and New Year so thanks. I hope you will do a TR for your up coming trip.

Brave teacher
01-05-2010, 09:50 PM
You really are on top of this! I wish we could do something for the GAD promotion, but the closest thing for us to do that Sam can help with is well over an hour away. Plus, Cooper is too young to participate, so it requires me to find someone to watch him for the day. We'll see what we come up with.

Millie12591
01-06-2010, 03:33 AM
Camille, Welcome aboard. We had a very nice Christmas and New Year so thanks. I hope you will do a TR for your up coming trip.

TopDog, Thank you! I was thinking about doing one, but I'm not sure I'm all that interesting! :laughing: Besides...I'm kinda techie challenged, I'm not sure I would know how to do one.
:blush: Am I blushing? I realize in this time and age there's no excuse for it, but there it is...I admit it.
I have given it serious thought, and I am still thinking about it, so it may happen still! ;) It's sweet you think I should. :hug:

Diamondintheruff
01-06-2010, 08:57 AM
Actually, it's DW that kept "reminding" me to sign up and I use the term "reminding" very loosely

I can just imagine it. :rotfl2:

Good for her. I know there are times my Dh needs a little "reminding" too.

topdog
01-11-2010, 10:41 PM
You really are on top of this! I wish we could do something for the GAD promotion, but the closest thing for us to do that Sam can help with is well over an hour away. Plus, Cooper is too young to participate, so it requires me to find someone to watch him for the day. We'll see what we come up with.
I heard from a few people and they all have the same issue. Too far! I thought it was just me since I live in the middle of nowhere. I have to drive at least 45 minutes to the closet Red Cross. Good luck to your search.
TopDog, Thank you! I was thinking about doing one, but I'm not sure I'm all that interesting! :laughing: Besides...I'm kinda techie challenged, I'm not sure I would know how to do one.
:blush: Am I blushing? I realize in this time and age there's no excuse for it, but there it is...I admit it.
I have given it serious thought, and I am still thinking about it, so it may happen still! ;) It's sweet you think I should. :hug:
You really should try a TR. I have fun writing mine even I know my writing is pretty bad. The best part of writing a TR, for me, is not only I get to re-live the whole trip. I get to be creative and share some of my thought plus the exciting or frustrate moment. More importantly, I got some great audience and made a few new friends along the way.

I must admit...I wasn't sure if I can finish a TR as well. But once I started it and I saw how many people actually read my TR, I kinda got addict to it. There is nothing technical about writing a TR. Just share your thought and experience. If you need help with the pictures, all you have to do is ask. I am sure we can figure it out.
I can just imagine it. :rotfl2:

Good for her. I know there are times my Dh needs a little "reminding" too.
LOL... Reason why DW kept "reminding" me is because it's Disney. Otherwise, she's more forgetful than I am. :lmao:

topdog
01-11-2010, 10:46 PM
A little update on the "Give a day...get a day free." The Red Cross has contact me and sent me a document to fill. Holy Crap! They are going to run a background check on me. What's next? They want my finger print too.

Anyway, I filled and mailed the paper work back to Red Cross. Hopefully, the ball is finally rolling.

Millie12591
01-12-2010, 02:59 AM
You really should try a TR. I have fun writing mine even I know my writing is pretty bad. The best part of writing a TR, for me, is not only I get to re-live the whole trip. I get to be creative and share some of my thought plus the exciting or frustrate moment. More importantly, I got some great audience and made a few new friends along the way.

I must admit...I wasn't sure if I can finish a TR as well. But once I started it and I saw how many people actually read my TR, I kinda got addict to it. There is nothing technical about writing a TR. Just share your thought and experience. If you need help with the pictures, all you have to do is ask. I am sure we can figure it out.

TopDog, sorry to hear about the run around with Give a Day, I'm sure it will work out. Sounds like the ball is rolling now that you got your paperwork in. You are so sweet by the way, I appreciate you being willing to help me out with a TR. :yay: :hug: That means so much to me!! I've not actually had anyone offer to help me, so this is a thrill!! Hang in there and let us know what you find out about your Red Cross volunteering, it will be good information to have for those who are thinking of doing the same thing. :)

DisneyMomLiz
01-14-2010, 03:13 PM
Yay, another Topdog report! Loved your Feb trip TR and I'm onboard now for the PTR. Your pictures and your honesty & humour kept me reading...looking forward to more! :)

topdog
01-15-2010, 11:44 PM
Yay, another Topdog report! Loved your Feb trip TR and I'm onboard now for the PTR. Your pictures and your honesty & humour kept me reading...looking forward to more! :)

Welcome Liz. So glad you can join us for this loooooong PTR.

topdog
01-16-2010, 12:27 AM
A little update on our reservation. I asked DW to check and see if AAA offer any discount for Disney. After she made the initial call, we found a few interesting info.

1, During the time we plan to stay at Disney, 11/28 - 12/9, that's consider as value season. AAA do offer about 9% discount.

2, In order to get the AAA discount, we have to let AAA take over our reservation from Disney.

3, All payment arrangement stays the same. We can pay X amount of $ every month. During the waiting period, if Disney offer any promote like gift card or anything, AAA will honor those promote as well. Even cancellation deadline is the same. In a nut shell, anything you can arrange or change with Disney. AAA can do it for you as well.

4, This is an odd one. Some people claim AAA will do the ADR for you if you book through them. However, our AAA say we can do the ADR ourselves so we can change them ourselves at any given time. Personally, i would perfer to make the ADR ourselves.

5, AAA has a prefer parade watching location at MK.

6, There is some kind of AAA story telling session available for AAA member that book thru them.

7, AAA has their own parking area for all the park. I heard MK is the only park that's not worth it but all the other park are worth it. We probably use the Disney transportation for most of the park anyway. However, when it comes to DTD, we just might prefer driving there.

8, AAA provide 10% discount coupon on World of Disney at DTD.

We haven't switch our reservation to AAA yet because we are waiting for AAA to sent us an information package. We will then make a determination once we got all the ins and outs. You never know, if we can get the 20% or 40% discount code from Disney. Then the plan will always change.

However, the biggest plan change for us is transportation. We are still planning to drive down but we might drive our own car to NC and leave our car at my SIL. From there, we will pick up a rental and drive to Disney and then back to NC.

Before you wonder why I want a rental half way of the trip. I am trying to conserve the mileage on our car. The car is only 4 years old and it's already over 100,000 miles. I am trying to keep it as low as I possibly can and that's DW's daily driver. My daily driver is 3,000 miles short from 400,000 miles so that's not even a consideration for such a long trip.

Here is my version of ME transportation plan. :rotfl: We will leave our home on Thanksgiving day and drive straight to NC, 10 hrs drive. Pick up the car rental on black Friday. Leave NC on Saturday morning. Stay in a hotel at Jacksonville, FL on Saturday night. Leave Jacksonville early Sunday morning to Disney. That way we won't be too exhaust from driving when we get to Disney. When our trip is over, we can then drive straight back to NC from Disney and return the rental. Stay at my SIL for a day to recover some energy and then drive back home on Saturday. That will give us a full day rest on Sunday before return back to work on Monday.

Sounds like a plan???

Planning fanatic mom
01-16-2010, 08:02 AM
Your plan sounds great and very well thought out. I know lots of people who rent cars to travel, so as not to put the miles on their own cars.

My friend does the whole AAA thing every year and never has any trouble. :)

Have a good weekend.

TeresaNJ
01-17-2010, 10:12 AM
I think that sounds like a great plan. My DH rents a car many times when he has long car trips for work, so as to save the mileage, wear and tear on his car. I like that you are stopping at NC too, as opposed to driving straight through. I think you'll save lots of energy that way.

We may be heading to Disney for a few days also while you are there. We're suppose to go to Disneyland with my son and daughter-in-law, the end of September into the first week of October, with a stop at the Grand Canyon first for a few days, and I'm trying to sneak in a short trip with DH to WDW the first week of December. We haven't been away alone for quite some time now.

topdog
01-17-2010, 09:20 PM
Your plan sounds great and very well thought out. I know lots of people who rent cars to travel, so as not to put the miles on their own cars.

My friend does the whole AAA thing every year and never has any trouble. :)

Have a good weekend.
It's good to know some one had book through AAA without any problem. We just got the AAA info package yesterday and now reading it end to end.

How's the weather at your end of PA? It was fairly warm yesterday, almost hit 45 degrees. We got hit with the cold front today. Rain in the morning and every thing start freezing up by noon.
I think that sounds like a great plan. My DH rents a car many times when he has long car trips for work, so as to save the mileage, wear and tear on his car. I like that you are stopping at NC too, as opposed to driving straight through. I think you'll save lots of energy that way.

We may be heading to Disney for a few days also while you are there. We're suppose to go to Disneyland with my son and daughter-in-law, the end of September into the first week of October, with a stop at the Grand Canyon first for a few days, and I'm trying to sneak in a short trip with DH to WDW the first week of December. We haven't been away alone for quite some time now.
I hope you do get to go WDW that week. I will have my LGMH with me. Look me up or sent me a PM once you confirm. We can certain have a quick DIS meet at MK or something.

That's awesome you get to stop at Grand Canyon. That's on one of our eventually stop by list including Yellowstone Park as well, you know how I felt about Old Faithful Inn. I personally have already went to Mount Rushmore and Devil's Tower.

Planning fanatic mom
01-18-2010, 03:38 PM
How's the weather at your end of PA? It was fairly warm yesterday, almost hit 45 degrees. We got hit with the cold front today. Rain in the morning and every thing start freezing up by noon.

Pretty much the same as yours. Really wet yesterday. Gorgeous today. Like 50 degrees.:cool1: My mom said that you guys might get freezing rain last night. Did you??

eandesmom
01-18-2010, 04:12 PM
That's nice to know about AAA, I assumed you had to prepay for the whole thing as usual.

I can understand why you'd want to rent a car versus putting the miles on yours, are the flights really expensive from where you are? I

eliz991
01-19-2010, 11:31 AM
Before you wonder why I want a rental half way of the trip. I am trying to conserve the mileage on our car. The car is only 4 years old and it's already over 100,000 miles. I am trying to keep it as low as I possibly can and that's DW's daily driver. My daily driver is 3,000 miles short from 400,000 miles so that's not even a consideration for such a long trip.

Wow, what kind of cars do you drive? I'm in the market for a used car and I'm worried about reliability. I'm not looking at something too old, probably a 2008 Saab 93 or Honda Civic. I like the Saab, but I suspect the Honda is better on long term reliability.

I drive a 4 year old car and it has 26,000 miles on it. :rotfl: I only live 3 miles from work, but we are moving and I will have to drive more each day. That said, the catalytic converter has already gone out on my car and the sunroof has been repaired twice! :confused3 So you can see I am not that lucky with cars.

topdog
01-19-2010, 09:07 PM
Pretty much the same as yours. Really wet yesterday. Gorgeous today. Like 50 degrees.:cool1: My mom said that you guys might get freezing rain last night. Did you??
We have some freezing rain on Sunday. Monday was nice then we had some snow this morning and now it's all melted.
That's nice to know about AAA, I assumed you had to prepay for the whole thing as usual.

I can understand why you'd want to rent a car versus putting the miles on yours, are the flights really expensive from where you are? I
From what DW told me, we don't have to prepay the whole thing up front. We can make partial payment every month. Even cancel policy is the same. AAA will just take over the reservation. That's all. If Disney come out with a promote like Aug, AAA will let us take the promote over what we already booked. Let's put it this way, because we already paid $200 deposit for the reservation, we can wait until Oct to pay the whole thing.

Reason why we chose to drive is because we want to visit my SIL at NC for Thanksgiving. Since we already half way there, we might as well drive the rest of the way to the World. Flight is not really that expensive from PA. It's just very cumbersome. The closest airport from me is Allentown but they don't offer direct flight. The only airport that offer direct flight is at Philly. That's another 1.5 hours of driving. Not to mention, baggage fee would cost an extra $100 round trip plus probably another $150 parking fee.
Wow, what kind of cars do you drive? I'm in the market for a used car and I'm worried about reliability. I'm not looking at something too old, probably a 2008 Saab 93 or Honda Civic. I like the Saab, but I suspect the Honda is better on long term reliability.

I drive a 4 year old car and it has 26,000 miles on it. :rotfl: I only live 3 miles from work, but we are moving and I will have to drive more each day. That said, the catalytic converter has already gone out on my car and the sunroof has been repaired twice! :confused3 So you can see I am not that lucky with cars.
We have a 2005 Subaru Outback. That's the one with 100,000 miles. I bought it new in 2006. It was a left over model. I haven't have much trouble with this car. I change oil and tires regularly. Never have a problem. My wife drove that car daily.

I drive a 99 VW Golf. It has over 397,000 mile now. I bought it new in 1998. I do all the maintenance myself; oil change, timing belt, exhaust and brakes. You name it. I fix them all. My commute used to be 200 miles every day until last March. My company transfer me to a closer office. Now my commute has dropped down to 100 miles per day.

Saab is great car. Unfortunately, GM is shutting it down but you might able to get a good deal on the newer one. Only down side, getting parts can be problematic.

topdog
01-19-2010, 11:12 PM
I need a little help from my Dis'ers. We are planning to stay over at Jacksonville on Saturday (11/27) night. Does any one has a good hotel recommendation?? I don't mind to pay a little extra like $100 to $140 per night. We are a little hotel-phobic now since our last "incident" if you remember from my last TR. As long as the hotel is clean, quiet and has a decent restaurant, I will give it a shot.

Planning fanatic mom
01-20-2010, 03:50 PM
Sorry, I've never stayed in Jacksonville. We like any hotel that is part of the Hilton group. They always have very comfy beds. I try to forget that I am contributing to Paris Hilton's trust fund when I stay there. :lmao:

GreatBiscuit
01-20-2010, 05:12 PM
Great update topdog. Renting a cars sounds like a good idea for you guys. Can't help you on the hotel recommendations. I've never stayed in that area before.

Pyrate_Pryncess
01-23-2010, 12:10 PM
TopDog, Let me first start by saying that last night I started reading your disaster report......I bookmarked it on day 4 but then couldn't close the laptop! You are a great story-teller! Your detail was amazing! OK now to what I want to say....I think you are making the right decision by driving instead of flying especially with the new baggage costs...My in-laws Drove down from Pittsburgh in 2008 and actually made it in almost the same amount of time that it took my family to fly! We are in VA but with the early arrivals to the airport and the layovers our flight lasted 11 hours! Horrible for having a 2 year old and a 6 year old at the time! For us to drive it is only about 13 hours so we are going to do a straight through drive. We are going to drive through the night so the kiddos don't drive us to crazy! I have been to Atlanta in the past and can tell you that there are some amazing places to eat there. Even the places that look like "dives" turn out to be amazing. As for the photo scavanger hunt we did this on our last trip...I was fascinated by the little tins of mints (not sure why but I fell in love with them). We started the trip by taking pictures of all that I could find....in the end, I bought them all! Another photo-op would be if you get chased by a duck! Happened to me every day we were down there in 2008.....don't know why but ducks just seek me out to chase me! Anyways, I hope this trip is better than the last and hopefully we will see you there!

eandesmom
01-23-2010, 12:56 PM
I wish I could help with Jacksonville too but don't have a clue! Other than doing some homework via expedia and checking reviews and AAA rates....I'd be shooting in the dark as well.

topdog
01-23-2010, 03:13 PM
Sorry, I've never stayed in Jacksonville. We like any hotel that is part of the Hilton group. They always have very comfy beds. I try to forget that I am contributing to Paris Hilton's trust fund when I stay there. :lmao:
If I remember correctly, the Hilton family already wrote her off a while ago.
Great update topdog. Renting a cars sounds like a good idea for you guys. Can't help you on the hotel recommendations. I've never stayed in that area before.
*sigh* You are no help. I guess I'll have to keep on looking. :)
TopDog, Let me first start by saying that last night I started reading your disaster report......I bookmarked it on day 4 but then couldn't close the laptop! You are a great story-teller! Your detail was amazing! OK now to what I want to say....I think you are making the right decision by driving instead of flying especially with the new baggage costs...My in-laws Drove down from Pittsburgh in 2008 and actually made it in almost the same amount of time that it took my family to fly! We are in VA but with the early arrivals to the airport and the layovers our flight lasted 11 hours! Horrible for having a 2 year old and a 6 year old at the time! For us to drive it is only about 13 hours so we are going to do a straight through drive. We are going to drive through the night so the kiddos don't drive us to crazy! I have been to Atlanta in the past and can tell you that there are some amazing places to eat there. Even the places that look like "dives" turn out to be amazing. As for the photo scavanger hunt we did this on our last trip...I was fascinated by the little tins of mints (not sure why but I fell in love with them). We started the trip by taking pictures of all that I could find....in the end, I bought them all! Another photo-op would be if you get chased by a duck! Happened to me every day we were down there in 2008.....don't know why but ducks just seek me out to chase me! Anyways, I hope this trip is better than the last and hopefully we will see you there!
Hay! You make it to my PTR too. Now that's a loyal fan. :thumbsup2 Please feel free to add comment about my TR here as well. I will add your suggestion on my photo scavanger hunt.

I don't mind flying but it's too unpredictable these days between the weather, security and people. Driving can take a lot of energy as well. If next year we are going to Vancouver for the Alaska Disney cruise, I don't think we have much of a choice.
I wish I could help with Jacksonville too but don't have a clue! Other than doing some homework via expedia and checking reviews and AAA rates....I'd be shooting in the dark as well.
Argh!!! The agony of planning. Luckily, DW did most of the searching. Hope I can find something soon.

topdog
01-25-2010, 10:05 PM
No Disney plan update yet. Just a little personal life event.

I am a little nervous about next week. Mom is going for another MRI next Tuesday so we can visit the neurosurgeon on Thursday for a 3 months follow up. Hopefully, the tumor did not come back.

On a separate note, I did something very unusual this weekend. I decide to look up for my grade school friend. At first, I thought it would be very difficult to find him since he has a very common name. We were friend since first grade. We both left the country about the same time when we were about 13. I moved to US and he moved to Canada. We visited each other a few time and we stayed in contact until the mid 80s. After that, life kinda get in the way and we haven't spoke to each other ever since.

So this weekend, I was in the Google mood. I Google my friend's name to see if anything would comes up. After a couple of try, a site come up with his name. I went to the site and see what I can find. As I navigate through the site, the name came up with a very small picture. I wasn't sure if that is my friend or not since it has been over 20 years. The site do allow visitor to leave a message. I decide to leave a quick message with certain detail that only my friend and I knew from our childhood.

I got an email today and that person is indeed my childhood friend. It's really amazing today with internet and web technology can reconnect our lost friend so quick and so accurate.

Dcanoli
01-26-2010, 08:30 AM
Wow! That is amazing. What were the chances?

Glad you found him!

Planning fanatic mom
01-26-2010, 05:23 PM
Good Luck with your mom's MRI. I hope all is OK.

Great news on the long lost friend.

IT'S A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL!!!!:cloud9:

topdog
01-27-2010, 09:22 PM
Wow! That is amazing. What were the chances?

Glad you found him!
It was really a shot in the dark and I hit a jackpot.
Good Luck with your mom's MRI. I hope all is OK.

Great news on the long lost friend.

IT'S A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL!!!!:cloud9:
Thanks PFM.

I never ever thought of the It's A Small World After All. How appropriate!!

topdog
01-27-2010, 09:31 PM
Once again, I don't have any trip relate update. However, I do have something that is Disney related.

My niece at Vancouver and her DH went to Hong Kong for vacation a week ago with their almost 2 year old DD. Guess where did they spend a day while they are at HK? Yup!! HK Disney!!! :yay::yay:

I am so jealous. They didn't have any HK Disney picture post on their FB yet. But they did post a picture of the little one having breakfast one morning wearing the Disney PJ I bought her for Christmas. What a nice uncle huh?! On top of that, she have a new Stitch bib too. :goodvibes
http://www.dewlama.com/Public/Photos/LeesFamily/EmilyStitch.jpg
Now that's vacation in style. LOL...

Pyrate_Pryncess
01-27-2010, 09:44 PM
Once again, I don't have any trip relate update. However, I do have something that is Disney related.

My niece at Vancouver and her DH went to Hong Kong for vacation a week ago with their almost 2 year old DD. Guess where did they spend a day while they are at HK? Yup!! HK Disney!!! :yay::yay:

I am so jealous. They didn't have any HK Disney picture post on their FB yet. But they did post a picture of the little one having breakfast one morning wearing the Disney PJ I bought her for Christmas. What a nice uncle huh?! On top of that, she have a new Stitch bib too. :goodvibes

Oh My GOODNESS!!!!! I am in love with that bib!!!!!!!! You are an awsome Uncle! I am so excited to be bring my nephew to Disney this year! He talks about it every single day!!!!!!!

eliz991
01-28-2010, 11:57 AM

She's adorable!

topdog
01-28-2010, 09:22 PM
Oh My GOODNESS!!!!! I am in love with that bib!!!!!!!! You are an awsome Uncle! I am so excited to be bring my nephew to Disney this year! He talks about it every single day!!!!!!!
I wish I can take my grand niece to the world too. Too bad she lives so far away from me.
She's adorable!
Thanks. :goodvibes

topdog
01-28-2010, 09:23 PM
She is such a fashion baby too. :cool1:

http://www.dewlama.com/Public/Photos/LeesFamily/EmilyDressup.jpg

Dcanoli
01-28-2010, 09:25 PM
Oh my! That is way too cute!

topdog
01-31-2010, 05:37 PM
Oh my! That is way too cute!

Thanks. :goodvibes

topdog
01-31-2010, 06:03 PM
I nearly had a heart attack today and the same feeling as the day when I realize I left my camera bag at home when we were at the Allentown airport waiting to fly to Disney.

Weather is very cold for the pass two days. I decide to drag DW out this morning to a local ski mountain to check out their Winter Festival since we were home pretty much all day yesterday. They have luges practices and dog sled race. I thought it would be a good opportunity to take some cool pictures. However, I don't want to carry too much gears so I only packed one long zoom lens (the most expensive lens I own) with me in my bag.

I put the bag in the back seat of the car and out we go. It's only a fifteen minutes ride to the ski mountain. Unfortunately, the festival was a dud. We drove around the parking lot and didn't feel it's worth to even park the car to check it out. So we proceed to leave the ski mountain and head to Nazareth for a late brunch. Another 25 minutes, we arrived Nazareth and went to the restaurant for brunch. Brunch was great. After that, we decide to stop over next door to Wally World to stroll around and pick up a couple of small items.

As we were walking around Wally World, suddenly my heart just tanked and felt all my blood just drained out of my body again. That's because i realize my camera bag was sitting on the back seat of our car all this time. I know where we are is pretty safe but that doesn't change the fact I left $3,000 worth of camera gear in the car out in the parking lot. :headache:

I hush my wife to go to the car and check things out immediately while I go pay for the stuff. Thankfully, the camera bag was still in the car and nothing get damage or stolen. But that was enough to give me another near flatline experience. :scared1: Talk about deja vu. I need to get my head check.

Planning fanatic mom
01-31-2010, 08:23 PM
I absolutely hate that feeling. Glad all was OK.

topdog
02-07-2010, 06:39 PM
I absolutely hate that feeling. Glad all was OK.

Thanks. Everything is fine.

Mom's MRI went well too. Neurosurgeon was very happy with the MRI and the report. Tumor did not come back. Whatever left there seems to be stable. That's a big relief. We will have another MRI in six months just to monitor any changes.

topdog
02-07-2010, 06:50 PM
Time sure fly when you are least expected. Last year this morning, that's when we began our disaster trip. I can't believe it's one year already.

DW and I have been battling about our DxDP. We are having a very tough time deciding which restaurant we want to try. Right now, DW is winning. :mad: Looks like we might cut out Teppan Edo but switch to Nine Dragons. I guess I have to be open mind on this one.

Planning fanatic mom
02-07-2010, 07:23 PM
Wow! A whole year. Time sure does fly.

2 feet of snow this weekend:scared1:

topdog
02-07-2010, 09:39 PM
I wish we have 2 feet of snow. My snow blower was all ready. (Actually, I only have a snow shovel.) Instead, we only got 2 inches. Very disappointing!!:sad2:

Diamondintheruff
02-08-2010, 09:59 AM
Glad your Mom is doing well.

No snow for us here up north either. It's kind of wierd actually. But I shouldn't complain.

I suspect you'll find something good at Nine Dragons. But you still have time to work it out.

eandesmom
02-08-2010, 10:12 AM
oh that's the worst feeling! I'm glad everything was ok. even when you know it probably is...you can't relax until you see it yourself.

Great news about your mom!!!!!

DisneyMomLiz
02-08-2010, 02:07 PM
Thanks. Everything is fine.

Mom's MRI went well too. Neurosurgeon was very happy with the MRI and the report. Tumor did not come back. Whatever left there seems to be stable. That's a big relief. We will have another MRI in six months just to monitor any changes.

:goodvibes that's great news about your mom!!!

Time sure fly when you are least expected. Last year this morning, that's when we began our disaster trip. I can't believe it's one year already.

DW and I have been battling about our DxDP. We are having a very tough time deciding which restaurant we want to try. Right now, DW is winning. :mad: Looks like we might cut out Teppan Edo but switch to Nine Dragons. I guess I have to be open mind on this one.

Wow, time certainly does fly :confused: a year already!

Ummm battling over DxDP...might be a good idea to let DW win, she does have all those black belts, right?! :laughing:

GoofyFairie
02-10-2010, 06:46 AM
Lots of snow here today. Most schools closed- except mine. :mad: I hate driving on bad roads. :scared:
topdog- why don't you check for hotel recommendations with AAA? They have a rating system that takes into account the accomadations, cost, location, etc.
I am so glad to hear that your mom is doing well and you were able to find your old friend. That is awesome! :woohoo:
Can't wait to see what kind of interesting dishes you select at Nine Dragons. :scared1: You are far more adventurous than I am! Cauliflwer Fluff anyone? ! :crazy2:

topdog
02-12-2010, 09:08 PM
Glad your Mom is doing well.

No snow for us here up north either. It's kind of wierd actually. But I shouldn't complain.

I suspect you'll find something good at Nine Dragons. But you still have time to work it out.
Thank you. We didn't have much snow this season until 2 days ago. Then...Ouch!!! :rotfl: As for the Nine Dragons...Well...looks like there might be a twist.
oh that's the worst feeling! I'm glad everything was ok. even when you know it probably is...you can't relax until you see it yourself.

Great news about your mom!!!!!
Thanks. My heart was pounding as I was walking back to the car. It's so unsettling. :mad:
:goodvibes that's great news about your mom!!!
Wow, time certainly does fly :confused: a year already!

Ummm battling over DxDP...might be a good idea to let DW win, she does have all those black belts, right?! :laughing:
Many thanks. DW always win regardless she has the black belt or not. :rotfl2:
Lots of snow here today. Most schools closed- except mine. :mad: I hate driving on bad roads. :scared:
Same here. My yard was starting to show grass then Wednesday...BAM!!!
topdog- why don't you check for hotel recommendations with AAA? They have a rating system that takes into account the accomadations, cost, location, etc.
We did ask for AAA recommendation but I still want to hear from people who actually stay at some of these hotels.
I am so glad to hear that your mom is doing well and you were able to find your old friend. That is awesome! :woohoo:
Thanks. As for my old friend, we've been emailing each other once or twice every week now. We certainly have a lot of catching up to do. It turns out he has became an international award winner documentary film director at Toronto Canada. I was so thrilled.
Can't wait to see what kind of interesting dishes you select at Nine Dragons. :scared1: You are far more adventurous than I am! Cauliflwer Fluff anyone? ! :crazy2:
The Califlower Foam actually was very good. It sounds odd, that's all. ;) As for the Nine Dragons, I might be off the hook.

topdog
02-12-2010, 10:00 PM
Another busy week. More doctor appointment with mom. Then Wednesday comes along...BAM!!! A foot and a half of snow. We hand shovel our driveway that took more than 3.5 hours.

Here are a couple of shots from my front yard.
http://www.dewlama.com/Public/Photos/Stuff/AAA_0361.jpg
There is a paved walkway there some where under the snow.

http://www.dewlama.com/Public/Photos/Stuff/AAA_0358.jpg
That little snow cone on the bottom actually is a landscape light buried under.

Then I went to the back at my kitchen to take some shot of my backyard. I found a herd of intruders invading my backyard.
http://www.dewlama.com/Public/Photos/Stuff/AAA_0355.jpg

http://www.dewlama.com/Public/Photos/Stuff/AAA_0345.jpg

I think my fellow southern Pennsylvanian Dis'ers got the worst part of the storm. I got a foot and a half of snow but I think they might have 2 feet and maybe more.

Now back to Disney talk. We got a called this week from Red Cross about our volunteer. Unfortunately, they want us to do the volunteer thing at the main office today but I just can't make it because of work. However, DW was able to do it so she went ahead and complete her volunteer today. All she have to do was taking inventory on some kids clothing for a few hours. Now she is officially complete her Give a Day, Get a Day free thing and wait for her voucher. Looks like I still have to wait for a couple of more weeks to complete my volunteer. I just don't have the time right now. I think the Red Cross director is going to sent me to work on a blood drive which they have those almost every week. So I think I should able to squeeze that in some how.

I was kinda worry about going to Nine Dragons. Since I am an Asian, I have a very hard time to eat at our local Chinese take out restaurant as it is. I am sure Disney would have some pretty good stuff serve at Nine Dragons. However, I really doubt it can compete to some of the authentic Chinese restaurant I have eaten in NY Chinatown. Never the less, DW has been busy reading some of the restaurant review on Nine Dragons. The consent wasn't good so she's considering dropping it. I am still willing to give it a try if DW is willing to give it a chance.

We've been trying very hard to get a 20/30/40% pin code. We did the save multiple vacation thing on DW's magickingdom account. We even order the Disney planning DVD. Yet, still no pin code. Let's hope the normal 20/30/40 promo some how will extend to Dec. I think right now it stop at the end of June.

I talked to my brother-in-law and my sister from Vancouver on Wednesday night because they heard about the snow storm at my area. Then subject turns to vacation because they really want me to go up there to pay them a visit and watch the Winter Olympic. I said I wish I can but I already have vacation planned this year to go to Disney. I also mention I might be going to Vancouver in 2011 August because we want to do the Disney cruise to Alaska. My sister stop short on that idea because she's not a cold weather person. However my BIL wanted to go with us. This might be interesting. Next thing I know, topic turns to WDW. It turns out my sister has never been to the world. They've only been to DL. Now my BIL thinks they might have to give WDW a try. This might possible turn into grand gathering at the world in future. It would be awesome if my niece family can go to the world since now they already experienced Hong Kong Disney. My 2 yrs old grand niece already falling head over heal with Stitch ever since she received the Stitch doll we got her for Christmas. Every thing she want from HK Disney has to be Stitch related. :goodvibes

Planning fanatic mom
02-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Yep, South central PA got 2 feet last Saturday and then another 2 feet on Wed. It took forever to dig out on Thursday because of the drifting. A guy came by with a front end loader and dug out our driveway for us. My family are so happy.

A trip to WDW with your family would be great for you all. I am sitting and watching the Olympics opening ceremonies as I write. Vancouver just looks beautiful. You should definitely visit them sometime. The cruise sounds like a great idea.

Keep us updated.

topdog
02-12-2010, 11:38 PM
Yep, South central PA got 2 feet last Saturday and then another 2 feet on Wed. It took forever to dig out on Thursday because of the drifting. A guy came by with a front end loader and dug out our driveway for us. My family are so happy.

A trip to WDW with your family would be great for you all. I am sitting and watching the Olympics opening ceremonies as I write. Vancouver just looks beautiful. You should definitely visit them sometime. The cruise sounds like a great idea.

Keep us updated.

That's some serious snow (4 feet) you got there. One of my car is still buried in my driveway some where. :rotfl:

I am watching the winter Olympic opening too. Vancouver is a beautiful city. I can't wait to go skiing at Whistler mountain.

topdog
02-12-2010, 11:39 PM
BTW, Happy New Year to everyone!!! Even it's a day early.

topdog
02-13-2010, 03:46 PM
Look out!!! Now we might be looking for split stay. 3 days at AKL and the rest at WL. We will then get to see Christmas decoration on both resorts. Since both resort has the same price during that time, therefore there is no down side. More importantly, we never stay at AKL. It will be a whole new experience for us.

eandesmom
02-13-2010, 03:57 PM
That's wonderful that you are chatting with your sister, everyone here is stressing about the lack of snow. I'd love to be at the Olympics myself but the tickets were just too pricey for Non-Canadians. Still, I'm glad DH and I got to tour the village and check things out when we were in Vancouver in Nov. I :love: Whistler and can't wait to go back up there, maybe next winter.

A split stay would be fun! I'm too lazy to move mid vacation if I don't have to, although we are this trip but it's from a US hotel to a WDW resort (HRH to YC) but I love the idea of trying different places and AKL is gorgeous.

Planning fanatic mom
02-13-2010, 03:57 PM
Sounds like a plan. I like it.:cool1:

woodkins
02-14-2010, 08:41 PM
Look out!!! Now we might be looking for split stay. 3 days at AKL and the rest at WL. We will then get to see Christmas decoration on both resorts. Since both resort has the same price during that time, therefore there is no down side. More importantly, we never stay at AKL. It will be a whole new experience for us.

Ooooh I hope you try AKL, we have stayed at WL & AKL & although loved WL, AKL was our favorite. I can only imagine the amazing photos you would take there!!

GoofyFairie
02-15-2010, 08:05 AM
The split stay sounds like a great idea. I can't wait to see the shots you get at Animal Kingdom Lodge. You should also take the safari they have there just for hotel guests. You would have an amazing experience and get up close shots of the animals!

Diamondintheruff
02-19-2010, 11:45 AM
We're doing a split for the first time ourselves too.

I'm sure you will love both places.

exwdwcm
02-19-2010, 04:42 PM
Hi there, a fellow Dec 2010 traveller here! Can't wait to hear all the great details of your trip and better yet- see all your wonderful photos!

we just stayed at WL in Dec 2009 and LOVED it. I also love AKL, so I think a split stay would be awesome. The holiday decorations at WL are just to die for. We really loved the atmosphere and that amazing tree.

topdog
02-24-2010, 10:57 AM
That's wonderful that you are chatting with your sister, everyone here is stressing about the lack of snow. I'd love to be at the Olympics myself but the tickets were just too pricey for Non-Canadians. Still, I'm glad DH and I got to tour the village and check things out when we were in Vancouver in Nov. I :love: Whistler and can't wait to go back up there, maybe next winter.

I envy you. I want to try the Whistler expedition for a long time. I heard Vancouver is an awesome city. Can't wait to visit my sis.
Sounds like a plan. I like it.:cool1:
Unfortunately, that fell thru.
Ooooh I hope you try AKL, we have stayed at WL & AKL & although loved WL, AKL was our favorite. I can only imagine the amazing photos you would take there!!
Thanks. Unfortunately, split stay isn't an option for now. I will however go there for dining and maybe take a few shot of the lobby pictures.
The split stay sounds like a great idea. I can't wait to see the shots you get at Animal Kingdom Lodge. You should also take the safari they have there just for hotel guests. You would have an amazing experience and get up close shots of the animals!
I heard about the Safari tour for the AKL guest only. Unfortunately, that isn't going to happen since we won't be staying at AKL.:headache:
We're doing a split for the first time ourselves too.

I'm sure you will love both places.
I do like AKL also and I know both AKL and WL were designed by the same architect so they both have a lot of similarity. Unfortunately, the split stay isn't going to happen for us.
Hi there, a fellow Dec 2010 traveller here! Can't wait to hear all the great details of your trip and better yet- see all your wonderful photos!

we just stayed at WL in Dec 2009 and LOVED it. I also love AKL, so I think a split stay would be awesome. The holiday decorations at WL are just to die for. We really loved the atmosphere and that amazing tree.
Thanks. Everyone love the Xmas tree at WL. Unfortunately, we still haven't seen it. We can't wait to see it for the first time. The last time I was at Disney during Xmas time, WL doesn't even exist.

topdog
02-24-2010, 11:17 AM
Okay. Here is the scoop.

DW called about the split stay and I was really excited about it too. However, what we found out was because our trip is a vacation package deal that included hopper park tickets, hotel and DxDP, Disney doesn't offer any package like that for split stay. Now if we didn't have DxDP and only book for resort and hopper park tickets, then split stay might be happen.

Disney won't split the hotel day and bundle everything as a package without charging a fee. And the fee is $500 extra for 3 nights @ AKL and 8 nights @ WL plus all the other stuff. I don't know if there is any way to get around it. But for now, I told DW let's stick with the original plan and see if we can find other way to do the split stay without paying extra. The sad part is because our time staying there will be during value season and both AKL and WL rate are identical. I can't justify to pay the extra $500 for split stay.

We are still working on the one extra hotel stay before we get to Disney. At first, DW thought Jacksonville would be a good stay over point the night before we get to Disney since it's about 2 hours away from Orlando, I think. However, DW can not find anything she really like. I know, it's only one night. Who care how good the hotel will be? But after our last disaster trip, DW is kinda spooked by how bad hotel can be. Not to mention, we will have to pay OOP this time. So now, she's exploring hotels around DTD area and possibly looking into Dolphin and Swan resort for just one night.

I am okay with that. Dolphin and Swan might not be a bad idea. Has anyone stay there before? That would shave the 2+ hours of driving the next morning and we will have a good night rest before checking in to WL and then power Disney.:goodvibes

topdog
02-24-2010, 12:54 PM
I almost forgot. To all the eastern Pennsylvanian out there. We are having a hurricane blizzard tomorrow into Friday. Please stay safe. I had a heck of a time driving home last night with all the ice, snow and sleet mix on the road.
:scared:

Planning fanatic mom
02-24-2010, 04:21 PM
We are eating at Boma this June and can't wait. Maybe you could go there and eat something. I've heard great things.

I think this time you guys are getting hit with the snow. We are only going to get 4-6 inches. I can't believe I said "Only".

Be safe and take lots of pics.

topdog
02-24-2010, 05:06 PM
We are eating at Boma this June and can't wait. Maybe you could go there and eat something. I've heard great things.
That's the plan. I am hoping DW can reserve a Boma breakfast somewhere in there.
I think this time you guys are getting hit with the snow. We are only going to get 4-6 inches. I can't believe I said "Only".

Be safe and take lots of pics.
I have my shovel all gas up and ready to rock. :rotfl:

Diamondintheruff
02-25-2010, 07:42 AM
I think Disney it really missing out on extra $$ with the way they do the split stays. If Disney was more flexible I'm sure lots of people would extend their vacations just to try out a deluxe or a different resort for an extra night or two. It's a shame really.

topdog
02-28-2010, 01:49 PM
I think Disney it really missing out on extra $$ with the way they do the split stays. If Disney was more flexible I'm sure lots of people would extend their vacations just to try out a deluxe or a different resort for an extra night or two. It's a shame really.

My head was spinning when DW was talking the the Disney reservation. I know WL is my absolute favorite resort, but I am just curios what others are like. I guess I will have to wait for another trip after this to try other resort.

topdog
02-28-2010, 02:04 PM
DW was on a mission last night looking up hotel for the one extra day when we arrive Florida. She tried everything; Dolphin/Swan, Marriott and many many others. She really wanted the Dolphin/Swan because in her mind that's also a Disney resort eventhough she knew it wasn't but it's over $200 for the night. (I almost gave in. sssh...but don't tell her that.) Others are still in the $150 to $180 range.

Then this morning, I look up the Orland Hotels and Attraction from this board. Guess what!!! So instead stopping at Jacksonville, we are now booked the one extra day at Doubletree Castle hotel at Orland for $49. Score!!! I doubt I can find a better deal than this. She even booked the room with king size bed and it came with free wifi (not that the wifi really matters). The hotel is only 11 miles from Disney. That's one item we can cross it off.

I was attempt to book Waldorf Astoria Orlando for one night since I went to the one in NYC many time for convention but never stay there. The best I can do is still about $220 a night. They offer a Disney view for about $250 a night. I will have to save that for some other trip.

Planning fanatic mom
02-28-2010, 07:44 PM
Isn't in nice to check things off the list!!!:thumbsup2:cool1::thumbsup2

GreatBiscuit
03-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Sorry to hear the split stay didn't work out. Glad to hear about your $49 deal though. I can't wait to see the photos from your trip!

topdog
03-03-2010, 09:17 PM
Isn't in nice to check things off the list!!!:thumbsup2:cool1::thumbsup2
Yes. Looks like I will be checking another one off.
Sorry to hear the split stay didn't work out. Glad to hear about your $49 deal though. I can't wait to see the photos from your trip!
Hey GB. So sad to see your trip comes to the end.

Split or no split is really no big deal for me but it would be nice if we can do it. I am really thinking about dusting my 33 yrs old Nikon FM film camera and try it with my last roll of 35mm slides. (More crap to bring along.) If budget allow, I might even try to upgrade my DSLR by summer. DW has been trying to get a hold of the camera I am using now.

topdog
03-03-2010, 09:19 PM
Car rental has been reserved. $300 for 2 weeks. Another item check off.

What's left to do? ADR and pay off the trip before we leave. I know I can...I know I can...I know I can...

eandesmom
03-04-2010, 01:26 AM
Well the problem arises when you add the dining plan.

What you "could" do, without penalty or surcharges is this.

Resort #1. Days 1-5 (making up numbers of course) Book DDP, room and Park tickets. Book ticket to cover entire length of stay, 8 day park hoppers for example.

Resort #2. Book room only. Days 6&7. Your tickets from the first ressie are still good on these days, you just need to carry 2 items (ticket plus current room key) instead of 1 KTTW card. However they may be able to combine them after check in, not really sure about that.

If you have a room only PIN (and go online save itineraries, complete surveys etc, I've gotten 2 this way and lots of folks have) you can use that for both ressies. You can also do it without a PIN of course. I think the online promotions require a package but am not sure about that. This option doesn't require you to pay the 1st day ticket surcharge twice but would require you to have part of your trip OOP instead of on the DDP. You can only get the DDP if you have tickets as well.

This assumes you aren't adding vacation insurance, if you do you would potentially pay it twice in this scenario.

Just a thought.

Also, did you check the values for that night? If you are already there (and can't be at WL that night?) you might, with a PIN be able to get it close to that rate and Disney would move your bags for you even with a room only ressie. You can "link" ressies without paying any kind of split stay surcharge.

We almost took off for Vancouver on Sunday to be there for the hockey game and closing ceremonies but...didn't. Oh well.

topdog
03-06-2010, 08:14 PM
Well the problem arises when you add the dining plan.

What you "could" do, without penalty or surcharges is this.

Resort #1. Days 1-5 (making up numbers of course) Book DDP, room and Park tickets. Book ticket to cover entire length of stay, 8 day park hoppers for example.

Resort #2. Book room only. Days 6&7. Your tickets from the first ressie are still good on these days, you just need to carry 2 items (ticket plus current room key) instead of 1 KTTW card. However they may be able to combine them after check in, not really sure about that.

If you have a room only PIN (and go online save itineraries, complete surveys etc, I've gotten 2 this way and lots of folks have) you can use that for both ressies. You can also do it without a PIN of course. I think the online promotions require a package but am not sure about that. This option doesn't require you to pay the 1st day ticket surcharge twice but would require you to have part of your trip OOP instead of on the DDP. You can only get the DDP if you have tickets as well.

This assumes you aren't adding vacation insurance, if you do you would potentially pay it twice in this scenario.

Just a thought.

Also, did you check the values for that night? If you are already there (and can't be at WL that night?) you might, with a PIN be able to get it close to that rate and Disney would move your bags for you even with a room only ressie. You can "link" ressies without paying any kind of split stay surcharge.

We almost took off for Vancouver on Sunday to be there for the hockey game and closing ceremonies but...didn't. Oh well.

DW did thought about the value resort for a night but then when I found out about the Doubletree castle, she booked it right away. For $50, we can't pass it up.

As for the split stay, it's really no big deal. We thought about split the trip half and half. Half at AKL and Half at WL. That's 5 days of AKL and 6 days of WL and we probably wouldn't have to pay extra. However, one thing I forgot to mention, I really really want to reserve for the WL flag raising family thing. We tried it twice but never able to get in. That need a mininum of 7 days in reserve in advance. So we decide just leave everything alone and stick with the original plan. That's okay. I am sure we'll be back to try other resort some other time.

Too bad you didn't make it to the closing ceremony. I am sure it must be very exciting in person compare to watching it on TV.

topdog
03-06-2010, 08:29 PM
Well...it's official now. We went to AAA this morning to transfer our Disney reservation over.

http://www.dewlama.com/Public/Photos/Disney/10/PTR/AAA_0412.jpg

Here is our AAA Disney specialist Daniel Jones who handle our reservation transfer. Very nice lady.

http://www.dewlama.com/Public/Photos/Disney/10/PTR/AAA_0409.jpg

Her desk was decorate all kind of Disney stuff.

http://www.dewlama.com/Public/Photos/Disney/10/PTR/AAA_0406.jpg

Other perks we get from AAA are AAA diamond card to get discount from tours and merchandise at Disney. We also get prefer seating area to watch the afternoon parade in Magic Kingdom at the main street train station second floor. We also get AAA member's only story telling session at EPCOT. It used to held in MK.

Daniel also confirmed our car rental at NC. $300 for 2 week on a full size sedan.

The whole thing took about 1/2 an hour. On our way back, 2 blocks away from AAA office, we pass by this restaurant. It has featured on a major network sitcom many times. Can you guess the name of this sitcom??

http://www.dewlama.com/Public/Photos/Disney/10/PTR/AAA_0415.jpg

http://www.dewlama.com/Public/Photos/Disney/10/PTR/AAA_0414.jpg

After that, we were very hungry and stop at this place for breakfast before get on our way.

Mmmmm...Waffles...

http://www.dewlama.com/Public/Photos/Disney/10/PTR/AAA_0419.jpg

Planning fanatic mom
03-06-2010, 08:36 PM
YEAH!! Waffle House!!:love:

GreatBiscuit
03-16-2010, 03:12 PM
Well...it's official now. We went to AAA this morning to transfer our Disney reservation over.

Here is our AAA Disney specialist Daniel Jones who handle our reservation transfer. Very nice lady.

Her desk was decorate all kind of Disney stuff.

Other perks we get from AAA are AAA diamond card to get discount from tours and merchandise at Disney. We also get prefer seating area to watch the afternoon parade in Magic Kingdom at the main street train station second floor. We also get AAA member's only story telling session at EPCOT. It used to held in MK.

Daniel also confirmed our car rental at NC. $300 for 2 week on a full size sedan.

The whole thing took about 1/2 an hour. On our way back, 2 blocks away from AAA office, we pass by this restaurant. It has featured on a major network sitcom many times. Can you guess the name of this sitcom??

After that, we were very hungry and stop at this place for breakfast before get on our way.

Mmmmm...Waffles...

Glad to hear the AAA ressie transfer went through well. Not sure on the restaurant. I really don't watch any of the newer sitcoms. I'm mostly an old school comedy guy. Looking forward to more.

eandesmom
03-16-2010, 03:29 PM
I :love: waffle house

congrats on getting the transfer handled!

I need to figure out what the AAA discounts are down there, I should just order the FL tour book I guess. Our ressie isn't through AAA but still.

GrandmaSady
03-28-2010, 08:18 PM
I've followed your past trip report...and now your pre trip report.
By the way, we are going to Disney this year in December! Yeah!

About your picture list.....here is an idea for you.
I have seen people take pictures of items that look like letters that spells out your last name.(but don't just take a picture of a "letter")
They print them in black & white...border each "letter", then frame. Very nice.

I don't know your last name...but let's say it's " Mouse" :)
exp. look for something that looks like a "M" lightposts or buildings...
for the "O' you might take a picture of a wreath??
for the "U" a u loop of a ride? or design in a flower bed. or a desgin in
a railing????
Does this make sense? You have to be creative, which I know you are with your pictures!

topdog
03-31-2010, 10:50 PM
YEAH!! Waffle House!!:love:
:thumbsup2
Glad to hear the AAA ressie transfer went through well. Not sure on the restaurant. I really don't watch any of the newer sitcoms. I'm mostly an old school comedy guy. Looking forward to more.
First, the AAA we went to locate at Scranton, PA. That would be a major clue. This Cooper seafood restaurant was featured in the sitcom "The Office" many time. It was one of my many favorite. In fact, I work not far from downtown Scranton.
I :love: waffle house

congrats on getting the transfer handled!

I need to figure out what the AAA discounts are down there, I should just order the FL tour book I guess. Our ressie isn't through AAA but still.
Well, our AAA transfer has a little twist now. I will give out a little more detail on my next post.
I've followed your past trip report...and now your pre trip report.
By the way, we are going to Disney this year in December! Yeah!

About your picture list.....here is an idea for you.
I have seen people take pictures of items that look like letters that spells out your last name.(but don't just take a picture of a "letter")
They print them in black & white...border each "letter", then frame. Very nice.

I don't know your last name...but let's say it's " Mouse" :)
exp. look for something that looks like a "M" lightposts or buildings...
for the "O' you might take a picture of a wreath??
for the "U" a u loop of a ride? or design in a flower bed. or a desgin in
a railing????
Does this make sense? You have to be creative, which I know you are with your pictures!
That's a pretty cool idea. Thanks GrandmaSady. I will see how I can post it on my list.

topdog
03-31-2010, 11:19 PM
Looks like even this PTR is an uphill battle.

Let's start with the Give A Day ordeal. DW did her volunteer since Feb. Due to many schedule conflict, I was able to complete my volunteer duty a week ago. After I finish my volunteer, I left a voice mail to my American Red Cross coordinator that I did my thing and please let me know if there is any more paper work or something I need to sign to confirm and verified my volunteer.

Next day, I received an email from the coordinator that all I need is to go to Disney website to retrieve everything. That's when everything went down hill from that point. Long story short, it turns out both DW and my registration never got on to their system. DW called and email Disney trying to see what can be done to resolve the situation. Basically, they told us our names are not on the system and Disney won't issue our vouchers. Go figure!! :mad:

As for the AAA transfer, the transfer itself was fine. The original reservation was 11 night standard view room at WL with two 10 days hopper passes (no water park admission) plus DxDP. The hopper passes and DxDP part were fine. Here is the odd part. Once we transfer our reservation, our total price was dropped about 10%. However, last week we were told by AAA that Disney inform them there are no more standard view room available at WL for AAA any more in the time frame we have reserved. So instead, Disney is willing to upgrade our reservation to Wood view room with a small discount.

So in the end, our total jump back up but about $70 less than what our original reservation was going to cost. It's almost a wash out. At this point, I don't really care what room Disney give us any more. As long as there is a room when we get there, that's all I need.

DW still has all the ADR to deal with. Hopefully, it won't be as twisty as our reservation but I am sure there will be some kind of drama involve. LOL...

eandesmom
04-01-2010, 01:15 AM
OY! Rats, I wish I'd have known about the GAD thing, if you are in the system you get those vouchers really really fast but they shut it down so quickly I am not surprised that there are problems with people who had stuff towards the end.

Can you volunteer organization fight this on your behalf? I know ours had to report it to Disney and got our names from Disney in the first place so it's odd that you were able to do your service without that link.

Weird on the room...

topdog
04-01-2010, 08:19 AM
OY! Rats, I wish I'd have known about the GAD thing, if you are in the system you get those vouchers really really fast but they shut it down so quickly I am not surprised that there are problems with people who had stuff towards the end.

Can you volunteer organization fight this on your behalf? I know ours had to report it to Disney and got our names from Disney in the first place so it's odd that you were able to do your service without that link.

Weird on the room...

That's why it puzzle me. We got the email from Disney to confirm who we will be volunteer at but they don't have our names in the system. DW already contact Disney left and right and went no where. I contact American Red Cross only once. I really don't want the poor lady spend too much time to resolve this for us. She's already busy doing her job organizing the volunteer event. It won't be fair for people who really need her help. I volunteer occasionally and I had fun doing it. That's all matter to me.

As for the room issue, I am not surprise. Disney is just trying to squeeze more money from their customers. Hopefully, there will be another 20/30/40 promo coming up soon that will extent all the way to Dec. I am looking forward to the private parade viewing area and the exclusive story telling session at EPCOT. Also, all Disney tours and shopping at Disney store will get a 10 or 15% AAA discount too.

GoofyFairie
04-02-2010, 12:06 AM
Geez topdog. There is never a dull moment with you! :) I am crossing my fingers that everything gets straightened out for you and DW so you can get your free passes. How frustrating! :headache: Maybe all the drama will happen before your trip so everything will be smooth sailing during your trip. I am sending you pixiedust: in hopes that that will be the case. popcorn::

topdog
04-03-2010, 10:22 PM
Geez topdog. There is never a dull moment with you! :) I am crossing my fingers that everything gets straightened out for you and DW so you can get your free passes. How frustrating! :headache: Maybe all the drama will happen before your trip so everything will be smooth sailing during your trip. I am sending you pixiedust: in hopes that that will be the case. popcorn::

I hope you are right. I don't need any more stress. Too much drama lately.

Ever since my mother's ordeal has been settled, another wave has just hit me right to my face. Long story short, my doctor has discovered a nodule on my left lung and he wants to monitor it for at least 2 years. Scary stuff!:scared: You are talking to some one who has never admit to a hospital for any thing all his life.

LaurenMic
04-05-2010, 09:42 PM
I am joining in!! SO sorry to hear about the planning problems that you've been planning. Excited to see that you are staying WL again. What a nice long trip! My fingers are crossed that the ADRs go smoothly!!

GoofyFairie
04-06-2010, 08:13 AM
I hope you are right. I don't need any more stress. Too much drama lately.

Ever since my mother's ordeal has been settled, another wave has just hit me right to my face. Long story short, my doctor has discovered a nodule on my left lung and he wants to monitor it for at least 2 years. Scary stuff!:scared: You are talking to some one who has never admit to a hospital for any thing all his life.

Topdog, I am sad to hear your news. I am sending you good thoughts and prayers. I think you need this too :hug:. You need to take care of yourself. I think lots of time planning a Disney trip can do wonders to helping a person to get better and alleviate stress, and the trip itself will do wonders for you. Keep us updated!

GreatBiscuit
04-06-2010, 05:30 PM
Hey Topdog! Sorry to hear about your volunteer issues. The whole room rate deal was really odd as well. Hopefully the rest of your trip will come off smoothly.

topdog
04-26-2010, 10:53 PM
I am joining in!! SO sorry to hear about the planning problems that you've been planning. Excited to see that you are staying WL again. What a nice long trip! My fingers are crossed that the ADRs go smoothly!!
Thank you Lauren. I am sure it's all good in the end.
Topdog, I am sad to hear your news. I am sending you good thoughts and prayers. I think you need this too :hug:. You need to take care of yourself. I think lots of time planning a Disney trip can do wonders to helping a person to get better and alleviate stress, and the trip itself will do wonders for you. Keep us updated!
Thanks GoofyFairie. I appreciate the good thoughts. I am really looking forward for the trip, that's for sure.
Hey Topdog! Sorry to hear about your volunteer issues. The whole room rate deal was really odd as well. Hopefully the rest of your trip will come off smoothly.
The volunteer issues has took another turn. Just read my next update.

topdog
04-26-2010, 11:16 PM
Well, I haven't update for a while. Too many things happening to my health. I've been busy going to all the doctor's appointment plus all kind of lab work. Long story short, all I can say is this will be a some what long term issue and I am doing my best to accept it.

Let's get back to Disney topic. After DW trying everything she can to contact Disney, she finally got an email a couple of weeks ago from Disney stating they will look into the matter. However, they want to see all the documentation to assure we did register for the GAD program and confirmation that we did full fill our volunteer duty. Pack rat that I am, I kept every single email that I had with Disney and American Red Cross regarding the GAD program. In addition, ARC director even resent a confirmation email to us and stated the date and duty we did for our volunteer. I created a PDF file for all the email and DW forward the PDF back to Disney.

At first, I thought most likely it will fall into a black hole and that was 2 weeks ago. Yesterday, DW receive a voice mail on her cell phone from Disney stating since they have already close the GAD program and there is no way they can confirm our registration. But for good faith, Disney would give us 2 complimentary park tickets because we were able to prove we did full fill our volunteer duty and they also left us a number to call back.

So when DW call back to Disney, they basically repeat everything from the voice mail. The only thing we also find out is this won't be a park hopper ticket but it will tag with the park hopper tickets we purchase. I am not sure how that work yet. We can use this ticket at any date during our stay at WDW. Since we will be staying at the Disney resort for 11 days but only bought 10 days park hopper tickets, the free ticket will fill that one extra day gap. Disney said we should get a confirmation letter about the free tickets from them in the next few day. We just have to present the letter during check-in to claim the ticket.

In the end, I have to say Disney did handle this much better than I expect. Now I am getting a little anxious to check my mailbox everyday for the confirmation letter. popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

Diamondintheruff
04-27-2010, 09:41 AM
Sending you some pixie dust for your bronchial health!

I knew there was reason I never delete any emails. Glad Disney is making good on their end.

eliz991
04-27-2010, 02:27 PM
Good deal on the tickets. Hope it will work out and the letter comes soon. I always keep all my paperwork, emails and receipts too. You never know!

Planning fanatic mom
04-27-2010, 05:20 PM
I really hopes it all works our for you and DW. You deserve lots of pixiedust:pixiedust:

Keep us updated.

kmpprg
04-27-2010, 05:46 PM
Hi Topdog, I have just finished your last TR and am all caught up with this one. I Read Biscuits TR and he mentioned you a lot, so I bookmarked you.
I loved your pictures and stories. Your food pictures make my mouth water. I am hoping that this Decembers trip runs more smoothly than last years.
We started driving last October and now I love the road trip. We make the trip an adventure by stopping at restaurants we see on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.
It is so nice to have all the room and be in control of your trip when you drive. I am from western Pa, and it is one and a half hours to the Pittsburgh airport-plus the 2 hour wait, the connecting flight and then the 45 minutes to WDW it seems better to drive the 14 hours at our own pace. It is also nice to drive to the parks.
I recommend the Segway tours highly. We have done both the one in Epcot and the one in Fort Wilderness. They are both awesome-I just wished they lasted longer. If you take the one in Epcot go for the earliest because you will get to see them getting ready in the World Showcase and there are not any guests yet except the occasional wedding. It was so much fun-you will love it.
I hope your Give a Day works for you, we did Habitat for Humanity and plan on getting the fastpasses for each day of our trip as there are 7 of us. If you can get that it is 6 passes at one park for one day. If you get 2, you can have fastpasses for 2 parks.
I hope your health issues clear up and all goes well in the long run.
Finally, about your poor feet-I love my croc sandals. I wear the slip on kind, not the flipflop kind. They are especially wonderful if it rains because they are easy to dry off. When you wear sneakers you might be able to put blister bandaids on your sensitive spots-they are expensive, but work like a charm. You should definitely buy them to take down just in case you need them.
I will be reading along now and I look forward to reading more as your trip gets closer. :surfweb:

GoofyFairie
05-01-2010, 08:49 AM
Topdog, I am so glad Disney is making good on their obligation. I'm sure that you are not the only one this has happened to. I am sending good thoughts your way and will keep you in my prayers that your health is restored soon. I can't wait to see what kind of Mickey Mail you will get. Maybe there will be some kind of extra surpise inside with the letter! popcorn::

topdog
05-02-2010, 09:22 PM
Thank you for all the pixie dust for my health. I appreciate it very much.

Sending you some pixie dust for your bronchial health!

I knew there was reason I never delete any emails. Glad Disney is making good on their end.
Other than debt, email probably is the close second I collect the most. :lmao:
Good deal on the tickets. Hope it will work out and the letter comes soon. I always keep all my paperwork, emails and receipts too. You never know!
We are still waiting for the letter patiently.
I really hopes it all works our for you and DW. You deserve lots of pixiedust:pixiedust:

Keep us updated.
Thanks. I really hope the letter will come soon.
Hi Topdog, I have just finished your last TR and am all caught up with this one. I Read Biscuits TR and he mentioned you a lot, so I bookmarked you.
I loved your pictures and stories. Your food pictures make my mouth water. I am hoping that this Decembers trip runs more smoothly than last years.
We started driving last October and now I love the road trip. We make the trip an adventure by stopping at restaurants we see on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.
It is so nice to have all the room and be in control of your trip when you drive. I am from western Pa, and it is one and a half hours to the Pittsburgh airport-plus the 2 hour wait, the connecting flight and then the 45 minutes to WDW it seems better to drive the 14 hours at our own pace. It is also nice to drive to the parks.
I recommend the Segway tours highly. We have done both the one in Epcot and the one in Fort Wilderness. They are both awesome-I just wished they lasted longer. If you take the one in Epcot go for the earliest because you will get to see them getting ready in the World Showcase and there are not any guests yet except the occasional wedding. It was so much fun-you will love it.
I hope your Give a Day works for you, we did Habitat for Humanity and plan on getting the fastpasses for each day of our trip as there are 7 of us. If you can get that it is 6 passes at one park for one day. If you get 2, you can have fastpasses for 2 parks.
I hope your health issues clear up and all goes well in the long run.
Finally, about your poor feet-I love my croc sandals. I wear the slip on kind, not the flipflop kind. They are especially wonderful if it rains because they are easy to dry off. When you wear sneakers you might be able to put blister bandaids on your sensitive spots-they are expensive, but work like a charm. You should definitely buy them to take down just in case you need them.
I will be reading along now and I look forward to reading more as your trip gets closer. :surfweb:
Hey! There is always more room for another new reader, especially a Pennsylvanian. Thank you for the tip about the Segway. We did thought about it but not sure if we can squeeze in another activity anymore. Although it's very tempting.
Topdog, I am so glad Disney is making good on their obligation. I'm sure that you are not the only one this has happened to. I am sending good thoughts your way and will keep you in my prayers that your health is restored soon. I can't wait to see what kind of Mickey Mail you will get. Maybe there will be some kind of extra surpise inside with the letter! popcorn::
I heard there were a lot people having the same issue too. It was a lot of confusion for every one. Some people has no issue but some were in the same boat as we are. It would be interesting if there is some kind of extra surprise with the letter. We are still waiting patiently.

topdog
05-02-2010, 09:35 PM
A quick update.

We just bought the MCMVP tickets two days ago. It's official now. We are ready to party. DW is still planning on all the ADR. It's a lot of work. She want to make sure all the ADRs as efficient as possible like going to same park where the ADR will be. Of course we have to make sure to take advantage of the EMH as well. Throw in the MCMVP, Candlelight procession and Fantasmic, it's one big puzzle. Lots and lots of logistic planning. I can't wait until she show me the final ADR planning.

Just to make things even more complicated. We are already looking into next year's adventure, Disney cruise to Alaska. The cruise will debute in 2011. DW order the Disney cruise planning DVD and it arrived yesterday. I am not sure we are definitely able to go but it doesn't hurt to do some research now.

TeresaNJ
05-03-2010, 08:24 AM
Just read your recent updates. Prayers and best wishes regarding your lung nodule. My doc found a small one too, but told me not to worry about it, they'd just keep an eye on it. Uh, okay. Sorry about the mix up with the GAD. Hope it all works out. I can hear the excitement in your voice as your tell us the details of your December trip. It's very infectious!

Plum Pirate
05-04-2010, 09:17 PM
Hi TopDog! I figure that it is time I come out of the shadows and tell you how much I enjoyed your last last trip report. I spent many too many work nights reading late into the hours. I haven't had a chance to catch up completely on this pre-trip report, but I love your photography and descriptions and am looking forward to more. I only wish I could take photos half as nice as yours, but I am more of a point and shoot camera type of gal.

chunkymonkey
05-19-2010, 11:30 AM
Just got caught up on your TR! Great job as usual, especially the pics. I so happy that your mom's surgery went well. Hope everything is ok with you healthwise as well!
BTW, have you seen the Panasonic Lumix GF1? It's the new micro four thirds camera. I was thinking of getting one for all my travels, as it surely beats lugging around a dslr the size of my head. The pictures it takes look wonderful and I like how you can change the lenses too. It definitely costs as much as a dslr though, so still trying to justify the cost! :confused:

Looking forward to more updates! :cool2:

topdog
05-29-2010, 09:35 PM
Just read your recent updates. Prayers and best wishes regarding your lung nodule. My doc found a small one too, but told me not to worry about it, they'd just keep an eye on it. Uh, okay. Sorry about the mix up with the GAD. Hope it all works out. I can hear the excitement in your voice as your tell us the details of your December trip. It's very infectious!
Thank. Somehow, I think DW is more exciting than I am. :lmao:
Hi TopDog! I figure that it is time I come out of the shadows and tell you how much I enjoyed your last last trip report. I spent many too many work nights reading late into the hours. I haven't had a chance to catch up completely on this pre-trip report, but I love your photography and descriptions and am looking forward to more. I only wish I could take photos half as nice as yours, but I am more of a point and shoot camera type of gal.
Welcome Plum Pirate. There is always room for more new reader. Glad you like my last TR and picture. I am hoping there will be a lot more on next trip. I've been thinking add some video as well.
Just got caught up on your TR! Great job as usual, especially the pics. I so happy that your mom's surgery went well. Hope everything is ok with you healthwise as well!
BTW, have you seen the Panasonic Lumix GF1? It's the new micro four thirds camera. I was thinking of getting one for all my travels, as it surely beats lugging around a dslr the size of my head. The pictures it takes look wonderful and I like how you can change the lenses too. It definitely costs as much as a dslr though, so still trying to justify the cost! :confused:

Looking forward to more updates! :cool2:

Hello ChunkyMonkey. Glad you stop by. I never heard about this micro four third camera. It's all new to me. I stop at a few NY camera shop to check out the D700. Still not sure when can I pull the trigger. Price just will not come down.

topdog
05-29-2010, 09:46 PM
Just another quick update.

We received our PIN code this week. However, Disney is messing with us again. Disney will not apply the PIN code to our current reservation. In order to use the PIN code, they have to cancel our current reservation from the system which is for WL wood view room for 11 days. Once the reservation is cancel, our wood view room will no longer available. The only room we can choose now is court yard room which cost more, then we can use the PIN code. By the time it's all said and done, the discount shrunk a lot more than expect. Saving was very minimal but with better room. Never a dull moment.

This is the big weekend. We have to get everything plan out by this weekend. Plan of attack shall reveal some time in the next few days. We think we got the first 5 days all plan out but it keeps changing. DW is driving me crazy with all the questions.:mad:

Planning fanatic mom
05-30-2010, 07:13 AM
This happened to me too. We are at CSR, and I had to have a water view room to apply the PIN. I think this happens all of the time.

Did you see my ticker?? 18 days!!:cool1:

topdog
05-30-2010, 08:53 PM
This happened to me too. We are at CSR, and I had to have a water view room to apply the PIN. I think this happens all of the time.

Did you see my ticker?? 18 days!!:cool1:

18 days!!! Yes!!! It must be exciting for your family. I hope it won't be as hot as your last trip. Have a magical trip!!

*Sighh* There's always a clause for Disney incentive. Never easy. :headache:

TheLadyTremain
05-30-2010, 11:24 PM
TopDog,
I just got back on the disboards after taking a few months off. I am glad I came across your pretrip. I really enjoyed your TR from last year's vacation, particularly your great photos. Looking forward to learning more.

Just an FYI....It seems like you are pretty set with driving, but I believe AirTran now has a direct flight from Allentown to Orlando. I am looking forward to hearing more about your drive. For some odd reason, I have always wanted to drive to the World.

topdog
05-31-2010, 07:59 PM
TopDog,
I just got back on the disboards after taking a few months off. I am glad I came across your pretrip. I really enjoyed your TR from last year's vacation, particularly your great photos. Looking forward to learning more.

Just an FYI....It seems like you are pretty set with driving, but I believe AirTran now has a direct flight from Allentown to Orlando. I am looking forward to hearing more about your drive. For some odd reason, I have always wanted to drive to the World.

Welcome! So glad you can join in. I did heard about directly flight now is available from Allentown to Orlando. However, we really want to see our relatives at NC. So driving seems to be the best option. I am sure this will be a very interesting journey on our way to the World.

topdog
05-31-2010, 08:17 PM
Here is the new plan of attack. It will probably get revise after we finish all the ADRs. Hopefully, we don't have to change much. I know it's a lot to digest but that's pretty close. We have 2 more ADR to figure but it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

We pretty much can ride anything and everything for all the parks so I am not going to list everything we want to ride. As long as the line is not too bad, we are going in. Major event of the day is listed in the plan of attack. There is only one more major event I want to get into but Disney is not offering yet. That's Wishes Dessert party. I am crossing my finger. Only other thing I can't list are the musical show. I know I want to watch Beauty & the Beast, Finding Nemo and Lion King at the very least. We'll have to wink it out during the trip.

If this is all pan out, it's going to be one heck of a trip. I can't wait. I might gain 50 pounds by the time I come back. :scared1: Note to myself: Start heavy duty workout from now. :rotfl:

Day 1 (Arrival)
Park: DHS (EMH 10pm)
Lunch: Whispering Canyon Café (WL)
Dinner: Mama Melrose (DHS)
Event: Osborne Light

Day 2
Park: EPCOT/MK (EMH 12am)
Breakfast: Captain Grille (YC)
Lunch: Coral Reef (EPCOT)
Dinner: Ohana (PR)
Event: Disney Character Storytelling Experience at Norway

Day 3
Park: MK
Breakfast: GF Café (GF)
Lunch: None
Dinner: Crystal Palace (MK)
Event: MVMCP

Day 4
Park: AK (EMH 8pm)
Breakfast: Boma (AKL)
Dinner: Yak & Yeti (AK)

Day 5
Park: DHS
Breakfast: Kona (PR)
Lunch: Wolfgang Puck Café (DTD)
Dinner: Brown Derby (DHS)
Event: Fantasmic

Day 6
Park: EPCOT (EMH 12:30am)
Breakfast: Ohana (PR)
Lunch: Olivia (OKW)
Dinner: Le Cellier (EPCOT)
Event: Candlelight Processional

Day 7
Breakfast: None
Lunch: Liberty Tre (MK)
Dinner: California Grill (CR)
Event: Steam Train Tour

Day 8
Park: AK/DHS (EMH 11pm)
Breakfast: Tusker House (AK)
Lunch: Yak & Yeti (AK)
Dinner: Shutters (CBR)

Day 9
Park: MK (EMH 11pm)
Lunch: Tony’s Town Square (MK)
Dinner: Narcoossee’s (GF)
Event: AAA Prefer viewing parade

Day 10
Park: EPCOT
Breakfast: Chef Mickey (CR)
Lunch: Nine Dragon (EPCOT)
Dinner: Big River Grille (BR)

Day 11
Breakfast: Undecide
Lunch: Undecide
Dinner: Artist Point (WL)

Departure Day
Breakfast: Whispering Canyon Café (WL)

GoofyFairie
06-01-2010, 08:03 AM
Wow! Those plans look awesome already! :thumbsup2 I can't wait to see how you fill in the rest in your undecided spots. Between your pictures and writing it will seem like we are right there with you when we read your trip report! I can't wait for you and DW to take this trip! You better start resting now- it doesn't look like you'll have much time for relaxing at WDW! popcorn::

chunkymonkey
06-01-2010, 10:59 AM
We pretty much can ride anything and everything for all the parks so I am not going to list everything we want to ride. As long as the line is not too bad, we are going in. Major event of the day is listed in the plan of attack. There is only one more major event I want to get into but Disney is not offering yet. That's Wishes Dessert party. I am crossing my finger. Only other thing I can't list are the musical show. I know I want to watch Beauty & the Beast, Finding Nemo and Lion King at the very least. We'll have to wink it out during the trip.

We totally want to do the Wishes Dessert Party too! As of now, it's only until August and we're going in September. I am crossing my fingers and hoping that it will be extended until at least then.

Your plan of attack sounds great. Such great ADR choices! It must be so nice to have the DDP. I am deciding whether or not to do the DDP, because I personally think it is quite worth it, but my only concern is that it is way too much food for us. If I eat DDP for 5 days, I will surely not be able to function, much less be able to ride all the rides! I will be in constant food coma. LOL :rotfl:

BTW, here's a link to the micro four thirds camera I was talking about earlier. LINK (http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMC-GF1-Four-Thirds-Interchangeable-Digital/dp/B002IKLJUK)

Planning fanatic mom
06-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Those plans look great. That is a lot of food.

We are trying Boma for the first time in a few weeks. I can't wait. Rumor has it that Le Cellier might be changing to 2 TS credits in the fall. You may get caught in that. We are getting it under the wire. :cool1:

You are going to see almost all of the resorts, I think. That would be so cool.

When does your 180 day ADR open. Can't wait to see how you do.

topdog
06-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Wow! Those plans look awesome already! :thumbsup2 I can't wait to see how you fill in the rest in your undecided spots. Between your pictures and writing it will seem like we are right there with you when we read your trip report! I can't wait for you and DW to take this trip! You better start resting now- it doesn't look like you'll have much time for relaxing at WDW! popcorn::
I am just glad the planning part is almost over. Resort is ready. Rental car has been reserved. Extra day hotel is set. ADR is the last piece of the puzzle. Once that's done, I can focus on losing some weight. :)
We totally want to do the Wishes Dessert Party too! As of now, it's only until August and we're going in September. I am crossing my fingers and hoping that it will be extended until at least then.

Your plan of attack sounds great. Such great ADR choices! It must be so nice to have the DDP. I am deciding whether or not to do the DDP, because I personally think it is quite worth it, but my only concern is that it is way too much food for us. If I eat DDP for 5 days, I will surely not be able to function, much less be able to ride all the rides! I will be in constant food coma. LOL :rotfl:

BTW, here's a link to the micro four thirds camera I was talking about earlier. LINK (http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMC-GF1-Four-Thirds-Interchangeable-Digital/dp/B002IKLJUK)
I know DxDP is a lot of food but thankfullly I can burn it off pretty quick. It's really not for every body. If you can really eat, then DxDP is definite the best way to go. It's a lot of food.
Those plans look great. That is a lot of food.

We are trying Boma for the first time in a few weeks. I can't wait. Rumor has it that Le Cellier might be changing to 2 TS credits in the fall. You may get caught in that. We are getting it under the wire. :cool1:

You are going to see almost all of the resorts, I think. That would be so cool.

When does your 180 day ADR open. Can't wait to see how you do.
I heard about the Le Cellier changing to 2 TS credit but that's okay. We plan to skip a couple of meals anyway. Beside, there's always snack point to hold us over.

Yes. I want to see as many resorts as we possibly can. That's a great way to do it.

Our 180 days ADR starts this morning. I will post update on my next post.

topdog
06-01-2010, 08:54 PM
We started our ADR at 6am this morning. DW and I were tagged team. First we were both online doing the ADR thru the website. We got the most difficult one out of the way first like California Grill, Le Cellier and Ohana. Then DW keep doing the ADR and I keep checking our account to see if the ADR came thru.

It took us over an hour and a half to complete most of our ADRs. We did got almost all the ADRs we want except a couple of them. Not too bad. Only a couple has to change the time or the date we want. As of right now, the Candlelight Processional is still up in the air. We were told to start calling about it tomorrow and we want to do the Le Cellier for it. Fantasmic was some what difficult because we want to do the dinner at 5pm but we end up getting 3:45pm. A little early for me but we'll manage. So Wolfgang Puck Cafe lunch is out because we can't eat at noon and then dinner at 3:45pm. Other ADR we didn't book for is Artist Point. We have to wait until the Candlelight Processional book in order to determine which slot does the Artist Point would fit.

Both Princess Storytelling experience and AAA prefer viewing Christmas parade were reserved this afternoon. Steam train tour has to wait until the trip gets closer in order to make reservation. Otherwise, only thing left is Candlelight Processional and the last full day ADRs.

mecllap
06-06-2010, 08:54 PM
Hey Topdog -- glad to see you're back in action. Am late to this thread so haven't read it all yet. I think I told you about SSRMonkey on your Disaster TR -- here's his latest: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2413900&highlight=ssrmonkey

I think I also posted the link to our trip with Figment to Grand Cayman (it's in my siggie blog).

If you haven't decided yet, I vote for driving this time -- gives you so much more flexibility.

Take better care of your feet this time (proper shoes, moleskin if you at all start to get "hot spots", blister bandaids, maybe pretreat with Bodyglide, etc.).

You could do a split stay and get a cash ressie at one of the DVC resorts (WL has some DVC villas) to see what you think about DVC. Of course, one of the reasons I like DVC is being able to do some of our food in the room and not have to spend the time and money eating out (I save money on food so I can stay longer). I did enjoy trying a couple of places based on your last TR -- esp for the desserts (but entrees, not so much). I guess I had to eat out so much when traveling for work, that it's not as much fun for me as it is for some people (it's kind of been there, done that, and I generally prefer my own cooking, simple as it is).

Looking forward to the absolutely gorgeous photos you'll be able to get over the holidays! Ted will love it! (Does he have a red vest?)

Trinity524
06-13-2010, 05:22 PM
http://www.dewlama.com/Public/Photos/Disney/09/People/P_DSCN0438.jpg

I'm here! I was so upset when the 09 trip report was done... but SOOO happy to see that you have a Pretrip report. Love your pics, but it appears that the best picture from your trip (please see above) was taken from DW! Now I have to go catch up from the beginning... subbing!

Trinity524
06-13-2010, 07:19 PM
http://www.cafetututango.com/

Here is a cafe right in front of where you are staying. My DH and I always eat here. Hope this helps your first night dinner or even Linner decisions!

topdog
06-13-2010, 08:47 PM
Hey Topdog -- glad to see you're back in action. Am late to this thread so haven't read it all yet. I think I told you about SSRMonkey on your Disaster TR -- here's his latest: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2413900&highlight=ssrmonkey

I think I also posted the link to our trip with Figment to Grand Cayman (it's in my siggie blog).

If you haven't decided yet, I vote for driving this time -- gives you so much more flexibility.

Take better care of your feet this time (proper shoes, moleskin if you at all start to get "hot spots", blister bandaids, maybe pretreat with Bodyglide, etc.).

You could do a split stay and get a cash ressie at one of the DVC resorts (WL has some DVC villas) to see what you think about DVC. Of course, one of the reasons I like DVC is being able to do some of our food in the room and not have to spend the time and money eating out (I save money on food so I can stay longer). I did enjoy trying a couple of places based on your last TR -- esp for the desserts (but entrees, not so much). I guess I had to eat out so much when traveling for work, that it's not as much fun for me as it is for some people (it's kind of been there, done that, and I generally prefer my own cooking, simple as it is).

Looking forward to the absolutely gorgeous photos you'll be able to get over the holidays! Ted will love it! (Does he have a red vest?)

Hi Mellcap. How are you doing? Yes. I did read some of your blog. Fascinating. I just read SSRMonkey TR. That was hilarious. Great stuff!!!

We'll be driving this time. I am bringing everything and the kitchen sink. :rotfl: I am definitely will be prepare for all possible situation this time.

DW has asked me about getting DVC. I am still debating. Maybe some time in the future. I eat at home all the time since there isn't a whole lot of restaurant at where I live. We only have one local diner and they all know us pretty well. Therefore, when we are on vacation, we don't want to cook. I know that's a lot of reservation we have but I think that's part of the fun at Disney. We get to try different things at different parks and resorts.

"Ted" is ready for the trip. He has his red & green jump suit and a big green bow. It will be his debut on all the parks. Maybe he might climb a few Christmas trees. I can assure you "Ted" will make plenty of appearance on this trip.

I'm here! I was so upset when the 09 trip report was done... but SOOO happy to see that you have a Pretrip report. Love your pics, but it appears that the best picture from your trip (please see above) was taken from DW! Now I have to go catch up from the beginning... subbing!

Welcome!! So glad you can join us for another journey. DW is very proud of that picture.

http://www.cafetututango.com/

Here is a cafe right in front of where you are staying. My DH and I always eat here. Hope this helps your first night dinner or even Linner decisions!

That's awesome!! I was a little worry about where can we have dinner on the first night because I am not going to relive what happen to us at KFC when we got stuck at Atlanta. Remember, "I would like to have 4 sliders." "We only got five." "But I only want 4." "We only have five." :headache::rotfl2:

topdog
06-13-2010, 08:58 PM
ADR is almost done now. Most of them has been confirm. Unfortunately, Candlelight Processional is still not open for reservation yet. DW has been calling every single day. Last we heard was 6/23 should be ready to take reservation for CP, but who knows.

I will post our plan of attack one more time with all the confirm reservation in the next day or so and you can see some of the changes. We even bought the Steamtrain Tour. Has anyone been to this tour before? We were told by the CM that no camera bag is allow and no big camera like DSLR. Only small point & shoot is allow and you can take pictures only when they tell you to. It's a little better than the KTTK tour. We weren't allow to take any picture at that tour. I'll have to come up with some creative way to take pictures on this tour.

chunkymonkey
06-13-2010, 10:30 PM
ADR is almost done now. Most of them has been confirm. Unfortunately, Candlelight Processional is still not open for reservation yet. DW has been calling every single day. Last we heard was 6/23 should be ready to take reservation for CP, but who knows.

I will post our plan of attack one more time with all the confirm reservation in the next day or so and you can see some of the changes. We even bought the Steamtrain Tour. Has anyone been to this tour before? We were told by the CM that no camera bag is allow and no big camera like DSLR. Only small point & shoot is allow and you can take pictures only when they tell you to. It's a little better than the KTTK tour. We weren't allow to take any picture at that tour. I'll have to come up with some creative way to take pictures on this tour.

Good luck on booking the CP. I have no doubt that you will be able to get your preferred times. You guys seem very on top of things!

Have not done either KTTW or Steamtrain tour. But I am sure you will be lost without your DSLR. Do they give you a locker to put it in while on tour or are you just not supposed to bring your DSLR with you to the parks that day?

topdog
06-13-2010, 11:17 PM
Good luck on booking the CP. I have no doubt that you will be able to get your preferred times. You guys seem very on top of things!

Have not done either KTTW or Steamtrain tour. But I am sure you will be lost without your DSLR. Do they give you a locker to put it in while on tour or are you just not supposed to bring your DSLR with you to the parks that day?

I don't know what to do yet about my gears on the steamtrain tour day. When we went to the KTTK tour in 2005, I did have my old crappy camera bag with me and my D100. They did told me not to take any pictures and I behave. So I never took my DSLR out during the tour and they didn't give me any grief about it. Back then, DSLR was still fairly new technology so Disney wasn't too concern what it can do anyway. Fast forward to today, I guess Disney doesn't want too many back stage "good" pictures out there from the guest.

I probably won't bring my DSLR to the steamtrain tour that moring. Instead, I might borrow my cousin's Canon S90. Since that's the MK day, I can always take a boat ride back to WL to pick up my gears then head back to MK.

chunkymonkey
06-19-2010, 12:51 AM
I don't know what to do yet about my gears on the steamtrain tour day. When we went to the KTTK tour in 2005, I did have my old crappy camera bag with me and my D100. They did told me not to take any pictures and I behave. So I never took my DSLR out during the tour and they didn't give me any grief about it. Back then, DSLR was still fairly new technology so Disney wasn't too concern what it can do anyway. Fast forward to today, I guess Disney doesn't want too many back stage "good" pictures out there from the guest.

I probably won't bring my DSLR to the steamtrain tour that moring. Instead, I might borrow my cousin's Canon S90. Since that's the MK day, I can always take a boat ride back to WL to pick up my gears then head back to MK.

true! But now that you are thinking about the GF1 that may not have to bean option anymore...:littleangel:

Trinity524
06-20-2010, 10:12 AM
So, I had an idea for your photo scavenger hunt. Seeing that you will be there in the dead of winter, try to find someone dressed like it is negative 30 below, (probably a Floridian) and then someone who is wearing an out fit that makes it seem as though it's over 100. I always find this interesting as it's the same temperature for everyone dressed completely different. :)

GreatBiscuit
06-21-2010, 02:55 PM
Great dining choices TD! You're going to FULL my friend. :lmao:

Looks like you are going to have a great trip. Can't wait to read all about and check out all the photos.

topdog
06-23-2010, 09:36 PM
So, I had an idea for your photo scavenger hunt. Seeing that you will be there in the dead of winter, try to find someone dressed like it is negative 30 below, (probably a Floridian) and then someone who is wearing an out fit that makes it seem as though it's over 100. I always find this interesting as it's the same temperature for everyone dressed completely different. :)
That's a great idea. :thumbsup2 I like that very much.
Great dining choices TD! You're going to FULL my friend. :lmao:

Looks like you are going to have a great trip. Can't wait to read all about and check out all the photos.

Hey!! Mr. Biscuit. It has been a while. How are you and your family doing??

I can't wait to start eating at the World again. I am preying for dessert party extend to Dec.

There will be more gears this time than ever since we are driving. I can assure you my next TR will be long.

topdog
06-23-2010, 09:40 PM
We still can't get the Candlelight Processional ADR. :sad2: Grrrr.... :mad:

chunkymonkey
07-01-2010, 02:16 PM
We still can't get the Candlelight Processional ADR. :sad2: Grrrr.... :mad:

Oh dear, is it because they haven't released the ADRs yet or you are just not able to get one? Crossing fingers that you guys get them soon!

topdog
07-01-2010, 10:21 PM
Oh dear, is it because they haven't released the ADRs yet or you are just not able to get one? Crossing fingers that you guys get them soon!

Yeah. DW has been calling every single day for the Candlelight Processional ADR. So far...nada. They are pushing the CP ADR now to end of July, even that is still not 100% sure. Regardless, DW still call every day.

chunkymonkey
07-02-2010, 11:08 AM
Yeah. DW has been calling every single day for the Candlelight Processional ADR. So far...nada. They are pushing the CP ADR now to end of July, even that is still not 100% sure. Regardless, DW still call every day.

Sounds like persistence will pay off. If you call every day I am sure you will get your first choice of ADR. Maybe you can make a back up ADR just in case?

topdog
07-05-2010, 12:50 PM
I hope every one have a great 4th of July. It sure is hot here in PA. :sunny:

4HppyCamprs
07-10-2010, 03:07 PM
TopDog- Loved the last trip report and since I caught it late it was like reading a novel a good novel. So subscribing to this trip report and my family will be there in December also!

4HppyCamprs
07-10-2010, 03:35 PM
:cool1:

topdog
07-13-2010, 06:39 AM
TopDog- Loved the last trip report and since I caught it late it was like reading a novel a good novel. So subscribing to this trip report and my family will be there in December also!

Thanks. That's awesome you'll be there in December too. Hopefully, maybe we'll run into each other if you are there in the same week. I am planning to wearing my LGMH tag.

topdog
07-19-2010, 10:16 PM
We are getting one step closer. Disney has extended the Wishes dessert party and we booked it. :woohoo: Yet, the Candlelight Processional ADR still going no where fast. Grrr...:mad:

eandesmom
07-19-2010, 10:40 PM
We are getting one step closer. Disney has extended the Wishes dessert party and we booked it. :woohoo: Yet, the Candlelight Processional ADR still going no where fast. Grrr...:mad:

:thumbsup2 for wishes dessert!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the ADR, I can't recall what you are trying to do.

They start taking reservations for Via Napoli on the 6th, is that an option for CP?

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/07/via-napoli-opens-next-month-at-epcot/

Diamondintheruff
07-20-2010, 08:38 AM
I'm interested to see how you find the dessert party. I've heard such up and down reports about it. I almost booked it myself for our last trip about a billion times but stopped myself.

chunkymonkey
07-20-2010, 10:03 PM

I saw the announcement of the Wishes dessert party, and I have yet to book it...I am trying to figure out which day I am spending the evening in MK, and although I think it's doable, I wonder if I can eat too much dessert, LOL. We're going to Boma that night for dinner, so I think I may be maxed out on my sugar for that day, haha. You'll probably get some fantastic pictures though!

topdog
07-23-2010, 11:02 PM
:thumbsup2 for wishes dessert!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the ADR, I can't recall what you are trying to do.

They start taking reservations for Via Napoli on the 6th, is that an option for CP?

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/07/via-napoli-opens-next-month-at-epcot/
We are hoping to get the Le Cellier for CP. As of today, Disney still hold off on CP ADR. We've been calling every single day and some time twice a day. That really is the last piece of the puzzle.
I'm interested to see how you find the dessert party. I've heard such up and down reports about it. I almost booked it myself for our last trip about a billion times but stopped myself.
I heard mixed review about the dessert party too. Mostly, I heard bad review for the summer time because of the heat and humidity. Since we are going in Dec, hopefully the dessert can stay cool and not melt apart. We will be having dinner at Artist Point that night at 6pm. Hopefully, by the time party start, my stomach will be ready for it. Wishes firework starts at 10pm that night.
I saw the announcement of the Wishes dessert party, and I have yet to book it...I am trying to figure out which day I am spending the evening in MK, and although I think it's doable, I wonder if I can eat too much dessert, LOL. We're going to Boma that night for dinner, so I think I may be maxed out on my sugar for that day, haha. You'll probably get some fantastic pictures though!
I don't know how much dessert I can eat but it will be fun to try as much as I can. I am pretty sure I will be having Buffalo that night at Artist Point before the dessert party. It will be a challenge and it's a challenge I am willing to take on. :) By the time when the party is over, I will be bouncing all over MK. :lmao:

dr&momto2boys
07-28-2010, 06:19 PM
I'm joining in. Your photography is so amazing, it drew me over here from some pictures you posted on a food thread. I definately want to see more! We are going in December too. We've been waiting for CP reservations as well. :rolleyes1

topdog
08-03-2010, 10:00 PM
I'm joining in. Your photography is so amazing, it drew me over here from some pictures you posted on a food thread. I definately want to see more! We are going in December too. We've been waiting for CP reservations as well. :rolleyes1

Thanks for the compliment. Maybe we'll run into each other. Be sure to look out for topdog & Mrs. topdog LGMH. ;)

This CP ADR is wearing me out. Mrs. topdog is calling twice every day now. :rotfl:

topdog
08-26-2010, 10:53 PM
It is time to dust off this PTR. :lmao:

CP ADR was very stressful this morning but we got through. Mrs. topdog was able to get the CP ADR all wrap up in 30 minutes. We were able to get Le Cellier for our CP. Score!! :thumbsup2:cheer2:

I'll post our plan of attack one more time within the next couple of days. We did changed our ADR a little bit but not much.

Planning fanatic mom
08-27-2010, 08:30 AM
YEAH!!!:banana: I knew we'd being hearing from you when I saw that the information has been posted.

We ate at Le Cellier in June. It was amazing. From the service to the food. My DH still talks about it to everyone he meets.

It is getting closer!!

chunkymonkey
08-27-2010, 10:45 AM

CP ADR was very stressful this morning but we got through. Mrs. topdog was able to get the CP ADR all wrap up in 30 minutes. We were able to get Le Cellier for our CP. Score!! :thumbsup2:cheer2:

I'll post our plan of attack one more time within the next couple of days. We did changed our ADR a little bit but not much.

I knew your persistence will pay off! Hooray on getting the Le Cellier CP ADR.

eandesmom
08-27-2010, 12:49 PM

WOOT! I'm so glad you can put that behind you finally!

Started my TR today :goodvibes

topdog
08-29-2010, 11:20 PM
YEAH!!!:banana: I knew we'd being hearing from you when I saw that the information has been posted.

We ate at Le Cellier in June. It was amazing. From the service to the food. My DH still talks about it to everyone he meets.

It is getting closer!!
I can't wait to try Le Cellier. This will be our first time. Actually, I have a question for you. I will sent you a PM soon.

I knew your persistence will pay off! Hooray on getting the Le Cellier CP ADR.
Thanks. My patience was wearing very thin on the CP ADR. Glad it's over.
WOOT! I'm so glad you can put that behind you finally!

Started my TR today :goodvibes
Just think. In 90 days, we'll be there. Can't wait.

topdog
08-29-2010, 11:37 PM
Here is the new plan of attack. I highlight the changes in blue. This is pretty much our final schedule. I hope there is no more changes because my diet starts NOW!!!

If you count the points, we went over by 1 dining point so we'll have to pay OOP for one breakfast which should be okay. We will also be eating dinner at Le Cellier twice. I hope it live up to its' hype.

Day 1 (Arrival)
Park: DHS (EMH 10pm)
Lunch: Whispering Canyon Café (WL)
Dinner: Mama Melrose (DHS)
Event: Osborne Light

Day 2
Park: EPCOT/MK (EMH 12am)
Breakfast: Captain Grille (YC)
Lunch: Coral Reef (EPCOT)
Dinner: Ohana (PR)
Event: Disney Character Storytelling Experience at Norway

Day 3
Breakfast: GF Café (GF)
Dinner: Crystal Palace (MK)
Event: MVMCP

Day 4
Breakfast: Boma (AKL)
Dinner: Yak & Yeti (AK)

Day 5
Park: DHS
Before: Lunch: Wolfgang Puck Café (DTD) After: None
Dinner: Brown Derby (DHS)
Event: Fantasmic

Day 6
Park: EPCOT (EMH 12:30am)
Breakfast: Ohana (PR)
Lunch: Olivia (OKW)
Dinner: Le Cellier (EPCOT)
Event: Candlelight Processional

Day 7
Breakfast: None
Lunch: Liberty Tree (MK)
Before: Dinner: California Grill (CR) After: Artist Point (WL)
Event: Steam Train Tour & Wishes Dessert Party

Day 8
Park: AK/DHS (EMH 11pm)
Breakfast: Tusker House (AK)
Lunch: Yak & Yeti (AK)
Before: Dinner: Shutters (CBR) After: Kona (PR)

Day 9
Park: MK (EMH 11pm)
Lunch: Tony’s Town Square (MK)
Dinner: Narcoossee’s (GF)
Event: AAA Prefer viewing parade

Day 10
Park: EPCOT
Breakfast: Chef Mickey (CR)
Lunch: Nine Dragon (EPCOT)
Before: Dinner: Big River Grille (BR) After: Le Cellier (EPCOT)

Day 11
Before: Breakfast: Undecide After: Crystal Palace (MK)
Before: Lunch: Undecide After: GF Cafe (GF)
Befoer: Dinner: Artist Point (WL) After: California Grill (CR)

Departure Day
Breakfast: Whispering Canyon Café (WL)

Planning fanatic mom
08-30-2010, 05:17 PM
You have some amazing meals planned. I can't wait to hear what you think of them all. And of course, the pictures:cool1::cool1: