PDA

View Full Version : Portofino Bay Hotel - anyone stayed in a suite?

Hodkys
09-25-2009, 12:28 PM
We're currently booked into a Bay View room for 5 nights from 1st November. As a family of five we've been considering the amount of space we may need.

We stayed at PBH as a family of four in May 2008. I was 6 months pregnant and loved the atmosphere at PBH. And the 'mum to be' spa treatment was lovely. Our daughter has just turned one and will be in a cot with the two boys sharing one of the double beds.

We're a little concerned it's gonna be a bit of a squeeze. As the kids get bigger we'll probapbbly need to think about staying offsite but for this trip we'd like to stick with PBH. Hence the idea about changing to a kids suite - cost permitting!

Has anyone stayed in a suite there and can tell us what it was like, and which floor, room numbers they'd recommend?

Thanks

rpbert1
09-25-2009, 01:49 PM
We stayed in a King Suite, could have had a queen suite with 2 queen beds.
Never been in a kids suite.
The queen suite could be good for you as you have a double sofa bed in the living area as well as having a bathroom with shower in the Lounge area, plus your own bathroom in the queen room.
lounge with sofa bed
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a346/rpbert1/florida%202009/IMGP0022-2.jpg
thought i had more pics, if i find them will post.
we had west wing floor 4 room 333its the king room and 335is the lounge and 337 would be the queen, this queen has a small balcony looking over the bay and piazza.

Hodkys
09-26-2009, 08:12 AM
Looks pretty roomy.

Can I just check that when you gave your description of the suite layout - is the 'living area' and the 'lounge area' the same thing or separate?

rpbert1
09-26-2009, 06:45 PM
Yes thats the Lounge area [living area]and a separate bedroom with 2 queen beds. you can see layout of suites on UniversalOrlando website. Lounge area is pretty big