PDA

View Full Version : ~The Daily Grind~ 9/24/09

ddavis860
09-23-2009, 10:10 PM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e147/ddavis860/t_12620988_1.jpg

“Housework done incorrectly still blesses your family.”
"You Can Do Anything for 15 Minutes!" ~ FlyLady

This month's Habit is: Before Bed Routine!
Zone of the week - Zone 4 -- The Master Bedroom

~The Daily Grind~ 9/24/09

It's The Day Before Friday!!:banana:

I went to my last parents night. Love the teachers this year. I was glad I went...

My List for Today:

Caffeinate http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e147/ddavis860/smiley/smiley_drinkcoffee.gif This repeats every day!!

Stay on points!

365 pic...

Swish and swipe

Kelly Mission

Dinner... :confused3

Have a Great Day!! :teeth:

rlovew
09-23-2009, 10:44 PM
Good Morning! Live from Old Key West!

Today:
MK- Pirates, Pan, TTA
DHS- meet a friend and head for TSM
Epcot- soarin and food and wine preview time
Oliva's for dinner
relaxing evening with DH

Rebecca

YodasMom
09-23-2009, 11:05 PM
Off to WDW in 5 1/2 hours!! Chances are, I won't be getting more than a short nap!

Looking forward to having breakfast with Rebecca at Boma on Saturday, MNSSHP on Friday, and Food and Wine this weekend and early next week!!

I don't do computers at WDW, except for my Blackberry, so I'm signing off until I return!!

I'm afraid I'll come back 200 pounds heavier! Help me!

ZeroToHero
09-23-2009, 11:58 PM
Rebecca & YodasMom - Have a fantastic time! Remember, calories don't count in Disney! :rotfl:

My to-do:
Up
Breakfast
Meeting with grad student (and my old TA) to interview for research assistant position
SGA meeting - we're voting today! Really!!!!!!!!! (I hope so..)
Classes
Home!!!!!!!!

So remember how it was 5 people for 4 spots on the Judicial Review Board? Then 6 people for 4 spots? Well, apparently 30-odd more people have said they were interested - so whoever can make it tomorrow is on the ballot - we need to vote by the end of the meeting tomorrow, because the JRB needs to pass things soon so that clubs can get budgets, etc.

I am dressing up, because I have a feeling other people won't.

I am feeling better too, which is good. :teeth:

Have a great day everyone!

flying_babyb
09-24-2009, 12:26 AM
ugggggg tommrows list:
Clean bedroom
Take out trash (AGAIN)
Clean extra room
Call CC
Figure out who my stalker is AND GET RID OF HIM!!!

ddavis860
09-24-2009, 04:47 AM
Yikes! A STALKER! :scared:

Rebecca and Yoda's Mom- Have a great time! You will have to let me know the secrets for when I go next year!

ZtoH- GOOD LUCK!!

Holly- Hope you are feeling better today!!

StitchIsOurHero
09-24-2009, 05:50 AM
Good morning, everyone!! It's THURSDAY!!! WOOHOO!!! This time next week, I will be beside myself with excitement, because it won't be many hours 'til we leave!!

Rebecca & YodasMom--give Mickey a hug for me! Tell him I'll see him soon!!

Z2H--good luck!!

Fbb--a stalker? Oh dear!!

Holly--I hope you feel better!!

Deb--I'm glad parent's night went well!!!

Here's my list for today:

1. Up
2. Caffeinate
3. Make things to do list for work
4. Check grocery list
5. Move pics from camera to computer
6. Cut pics for our offices
7. DS up
8. DS to mom's
9. Work
10. Pick up DS
11. Tan?
12. Fold laundry
13. Wash more laundry (ay-yi-yi!!)
14. Order Mom's pics (I HAVE TO DO THIS TODAY!!)
15. Clean my bathroom
16. Watch NCIS: LA from Tuesday & rest of SYTYCD
17. P365 pic
18. Go to sleep sort of early!!

Everyone have a terrific Thursday!!

DisneyIsTerrific
09-24-2009, 06:35 AM
Rebecca & YodasMom - I want your day!!! Have an awesome time!!!!

Z2H - Good luck! You'll do great!!!!

Fbb - You have a stalker? That's scary!!!

Holly - I hope they can figure out what's causing all your pain. I hope it's better today.:hug:

My day:
Make DH's lunch
DS up and off to school
Laundry
Go to post office to mail out swaps
Go to bank
Go to grocery store
Renew DVD's I have from library
Work
Fix dinner ??
Watch Survivor

Have a great day everyone!

party of 3
09-24-2009, 07:00 AM
morning!

thank everyone.:hug:

deb-glad to hear parents night went well!
rebecca and yoda's mom- have a blast! i wish it were me!
zth-good luck at the meeting!
fbb-stalker? that's scary. be careful.
sioh- you are almost there. can you feel it getting closer?!
dit-have you decided what's for dinner? or will you just see when you get to the grocery store?

ds, up, breakfast,dressed, bus
prep supper
workcall store and see if they have cub scouts stuff
call dr's office and see about appt.

so my nyquil did not work last night. i was up all night coughing, which was irritating my side. UGH.

have a great day everyone. and remember to have fun no matter what you choose to do!

SusieStone
09-24-2009, 07:24 AM
Wow, Everyone's on a roll so early alread.

Good luck and have fun on everyone's trips.
Get things together for scout trip Saturday.
Stalkers are no fun at all and please take it very seriously.

Hope everyone is feeeling better soon.

My list

1. Iron
2. Wash load of towels and put away.
3. Mail Holiday swap to AWM. -raining
4. Gas for car. -raining
5. Work on swaps
6. 3 reports for work
7. Travel today.
8. Get things together for Scouts Saturday
9. Clean out car. - raining
10. Change beds.
11. Bake brownies.
12. Figure out how many BBQ tickets I can sell for school (translate to how many can I pay for myself and give away)
13. Start getting things together for Fall Festival.

Y'all don't know it but the new school where husband lives turns into a disaster so I was blessed and was able to place DS in a Christian school here. The curriculum is so far advacned from what public school taught that he is going to be in second grade again which is more than fine isnce he has such a late bday....It is tomorrow and now the law has changed and he would be in this grade anyway becauase of the birthday. He is sooooo happy and lives the school. He is the 7th kid in his class and they all love him

joyah
09-24-2009, 07:25 AM
Morning all
runnin late major tstorms rolled through last night haven't had that much lightening that colse in a long time

am routine
me ready for the day
dis/fb
Meeting at school for iep for L
beat head on steering wheel after meetingcanceled teacher is sick.
call abt the job i really want due to location in 15 mins and the suspense is killing me.
home
laundry
zuc still not done!!!!:confused3
clean kitchen table where does this stuff come from
boys from bus
L to swim early tonight
Tom to study with E hunters safety test is tonight and he's nervous
dinner
bed

taking the easy way out this am as I still have to prepare notes for meeting
what Holly says to all of you
And Holly hope you get an apt soon this has to stop.

morgansmom2000
09-24-2009, 08:13 AM
I've got a list a mile long today, and I've got another stupid headache! Blah!

So, depending on how I feel, this is what I hope to get done.

Cofffffffffffffeeee
PrincessM up, dressed, fed, watered, bus.Dis/Email - In progress ;)
Shower
Chocolate Zucchini Muffins - Ooooh, they came out great!
Kitchen, including cleaning out the fridge, dishes, cleaning off the counters, and going through the mail.
Fold and put away load of laundry still undone from Tuesday
Wash, dry, fold and put away towels
Grocery store
Joann's to return baby boy stuff I do not need for DN's album
Dance Store to return pants that don't fit PrincessM
ACM to use my $10 cert!
Pay bills
Clean out my purse!
Layout for challenge - Need to get pictures printed
Order pictures (60 free from Shutterfly, expires today)
Stay away from HSN.com! - I DID IT!
Pick up PrincessM from chorus at 4:00
Library
Homework - Spelling quiz?
Dinner
Dishes (again)
Read with PrincessM for 20 minutes
SURVIVOR!
Bed

Eesh, that's a list, I'd better get cracking! Hope everyone has a good day!

joyah
09-24-2009, 08:18 AM
Jennifer hope you kick it. The front that went through last night threw me off. Excedrin and caffine is my cure all for those buggers. Course if it's the dreaded hormones well then ......... I haven't found a cure for them.

ZeroToHero
09-24-2009, 08:20 AM
Jennifer- Arg, I have free prints too that expire today!!!! :headache:

But I just paid my phone bill, and therefore, am not going to be able to buy prints. :sad2:

Next week, I guess.

morgansmom2000
09-24-2009, 08:21 AM
Jennifer hope you kick it. The front that went through last night threw me off. Excedrin and caffine is my cure all for those buggers. Course if it's the dreaded hormones well then ......... I haven't found a cure for them.

Not sure what it is. I've been trying to ignore it, but my eyesight is starting to be affected, so I think I'd better call my doctor. I guess it could be the change in weather. It's stupid humid here today and I had to turn the a/c on last night to sleep. It was sooooo hot in here!

morgansmom2000
09-24-2009, 08:22 AM
Jennifer- Arg, I have free prints too that expire today!!!! :headache:

But I just paid my phone bill, and therefore, am not going to be able to buy prints. :sad2:

Next week, I guess.

Honey, they're free, just shipping, right? I can paypal you a couple bucks so you can get them this week.

aroyer
09-24-2009, 09:20 AM
Mornin! The weather is so awesome in Texas today! (or my part anyway, the state is so big, not sure about the rest of it!) Yesterday we set a record high- for the lowest high! :banana: So awesome after a summer of record heat!

Deb, glad the parent's night was a success.
Rebecca and YodasMom, have FUN!
Holly, feel better please!
Jennifer, is there a code for the Shutterfly pics?? I hope the headache goes away!

coffee
coffee
dressed
DD dressed, fed, watered, to school (taking a page out of Jennifer's book :lmao:)
DS dressed, fed, watered
Wii fit
swish and swipe
dishes
shine the sink
reboot laundry
make bed
FlyLady mission
search for Vera sales to tempt my DIS fam ;)
pick up DD
homework
DD to clean guinea pig cage
dinner

PrincessNancy96
09-24-2009, 09:57 AM
Mornin'!
It's a light rain here and I fell back a sleep! :)

I finished 1/2 of my to-do list this morning because I'm taking a me day since I was able to finish the T'n'T swap yesterday!!!

I will however do the following..

wash soccer uniform
clean scrap room Tomorrow finished BANNER instead
adhere yellow vinyl letters on banner
pick up Kdg. kid
post office for swap
return items to J's and Walmart
Walmart ~ pick up BIG safety pins for banner
kroger
library drop off book for DD
lunch
clean up basement (mostly scrap stuff every where while I worked on swap..) Tomorrow finished banner instead
homework duty
pick up DD from XC
DS8 to football practice (find out about where they are mtg. for parade tomorrow)
DH to take DS13 to soccer practice CANCELED

Hope everyone has a great day!!

tinkryansmom
09-24-2009, 09:58 AM
Thursday eh?

hmmm....

DD2 is up with the fever. YIPPEE
COFFEE
Have DH sign letter to Country Club and get it mailed!!
DD9 up, dressed, fed and out the door
See if Little One wants to eat
Dishes Laundry
Clean out car
Gather all 4H Swine items and put in Rubbermaid bin
Put away Show clothes, bridle bag and hat box from horseshow
PU DD, DNiece, DNeighbor from bus and take to riding lessons
Dinner? really want to try a Chili Colorado recipe. So maybe I will
Get 4H horse group sign up sheet and put together email list
Create Flyer for Cake Decorating Contest at school - in conjuction with Fall Festival

Thats about it.

aroyer
09-24-2009, 10:44 AM
So, no new Vera deals today since the bowler bag is still on sale. BUT, Pandora just put up pictures of their new stuff- so pretty. I always like how they do the 'theme' bracelets and everything matches. My bracelet will never look like that because my kids and DH pick out the charms (with some direction of course ;)) and that's just perfect for me. But check the pictures out!:thumbsup2

bigbabyblues
09-24-2009, 10:59 AM
Good (late) morning.....

To all who are at or going to WDW, have a wonderful time and know that I am jealous.

To those who are ill, I hope you get better fast!

SusieStone - my boys go to a small Christian school, and I love it! I hope you guys do, too.

My list for the day was fairly long but has gotten drastically shorter:

Go back to bed and stay there until time to pick the boys up from school
Find them something easy for dinner, and hit the couch

I haven't felt well the last couple days, and last night my low back started hurting really bad on one side, and I was sick a couple of times (sorry). I went to the doc this morning, and I have a uti but they think I may have a kidneystone, too. I called work, and my boss wanted to know if I could just take something for the pain and come anyway; uh, NO. They put me off until Monday, and I can barely stand up.

Have a good day everyone, I'm going to bed.

Steph

aroyer
09-24-2009, 11:09 AM
Ohhhhh, lots of hugs bigbabyblues!!! :hug::hug::hug: I've had kidney stones 3 times and they are NOT fun! Combined with a uti= :scared1:. I had a dr. tell me that passing a stone is like having surgery so take care of yourself! And :sad2: to your boss.

joyah
09-24-2009, 11:27 AM
Steph hugs that's awful. I know all about those types of bosses had on for 4 years. It's awful to be out of work but that type of treatment is worse. Hang in there
TRM hope the little one gets over it quickly
Nancy you still accomplish more than I do in 3 days. I put it there and then it's still draggs on and on. My goal for the weekend is to be more like you accomplish at least 15 things that doesn't include crawling out of bed:laughing:

Well from the sounds of it I have a 4 hour a week job in the next town up I meet with her on monday to check it out. I have another interview tomorrow for another part time job in the next town down. and I still have 2 applications out for personal care attendants. So keep fingers crossed those I'd be able to basically pick my work times.

ZeroToHero
09-24-2009, 11:33 AM
:woohoo: Good luck Christy!

Off to the interview & then the meeting, let you guys know how it goes!

joyah
09-24-2009, 11:46 AM
Thanks Danica I need all the help I can get. good luck with your's too.

PinballFamily
09-24-2009, 12:07 PM
Well, Danica *looked reeeeeally good* when leaving here just now - so fingers crossed today goes well for her!

Christy - read your list this a.m. and was thinking good thoughts for you - IEP meeting days...ugh! (Then read it was postponed.) Danica is amazed at how many of us have kids on IEPs - she knows first-hand what energy these take from all the family members involved. Good luck with your job hunt and the IEP stuff...sounds like you're making nice progress! (And we hope to get up to visit you and enjoy the foliage sometime this fall - we've only got one quart of syrup left..eek!)

Pam

flying_babyb
09-24-2009, 12:16 PM
Yikes! A STALKER! :scared:

Rebecca and Yoda's Mom- Have a great time! You will have to let me know the secrets for when I go next year!

ZtoH- GOOD LUCK!!

Holly- Hope you are feeling better today!!

Yep a stalker, keeps leaving me voicemails. Lame county songs then I love you and he hangs up. I thought I knew who it was but they denyed it.

tinkryansmom
09-24-2009, 12:17 PM
Steph - feel better soon!

Christy - yay for a 4 week job. Fingers crossed for the schedule you want!

Just ordered my prints from Snapfish/Walgreens - my code was WALSEPT - not free prints but .09 - Might as well start my 2009 scrapbook.:rotfl: Did I tell you I am like 8 years behind!!:woohoo:

Fingers crossed for Danica also!

tinkryansmom
09-24-2009, 12:20 PM
Yep a stalker, keeps leaving me voicemails. Lame county songs then I love you and he hangs up. I thought I knew who it was but they denyed it.

<giggles> lame country songs.

OK NOT FUNNY SITUATION.

Is this a work voicemail? home? or cell phone? Can you change your number?

Be safe.

flying_babyb
09-24-2009, 12:53 PM
cell, but what creeps me out is the day the voicemail said "You looked good today pushing the swings." which means he knows where I work. Scary!

Im off to clean my guest room... well drag it into the living room to tidy it!

PinballFamily
09-24-2009, 01:01 PM
cell, but what creeps me out is the day the voicemail said "You looked good today pushing the swings." which means he knows where I work. Scary!

Im off to clean my guest room... well drag it into the living room to tidy it!

My two cents (the voice of experience, sadly) is to call your local police NOW and inform them of what's been going on. They will take it from there - and get your phone records and they will swiftly deal with this guy. You won't have to do anything - but hope that it finally stops. They don't mess around with this type of crap.

PrincessNancy96
09-24-2009, 01:34 PM
DITTO PINBALL's advice...
No need to handle it yourself.. get the POLICE involved now!!!!!

joyah
09-24-2009, 02:47 PM
listen to them you should not have to deal with that just call the PD and let them handle it.

rlovew
09-24-2009, 03:11 PM
flying baby b- definately get the police involved- you need to stay safe.
Joyah- good luck with continued job searches- glad you got the one

Things are going well although it seems hotter than usual for this time of year.

Rebecca

party of 3
09-24-2009, 05:08 PM
i went to get bubba cub scouts stuff.....holy cow!:scared1:
$76.00 later......
WOW i was not expecting that much!

1st meeting tomorrow night. and he looks adorable in his uniform.(if i do say so myself!)
:love:

tinkryansmom
09-24-2009, 05:35 PM
We want pictures...We want pictures

<insert picketing smilie here>

aroyer
09-24-2009, 05:36 PM
We want pictures...We want pictures

<insert picketing smilie here>
:lmao::yay:

morgansmom2000
09-24-2009, 06:32 PM
The GS stuff I got before Juniors was $31, plus I had to buy three books, pay $12 in registration, and $10 in dues. It's not cheap.

Ash, the Shutterfly prints are for creating a "Share" site, uploading a video, and uploading a photo book. Most of them expire today, so I want to get them :)

Did pretty good on my list, still have a few more things to do, but I won't get to them today.

Oh, DH is home with my pizza!

aroyer
09-24-2009, 07:10 PM
Ash, the Shutterfly prints are for creating a "Share" site, uploading a video, and uploading a photo book. Most of them expire today, so I want to get them :)
That's so funny, because I went poking around on Shutterfly to see if I could find anything and I checked my old emails and I stumbled on the "Share" site thing. So I set mine up! :thumbsup2

ZeroToHero
09-24-2009, 08:06 PM
Alright, I broke. I ordered 600+ prints from Shutterfly today..... (my mom fronted me money.. aren't you glad you didn't do it now, Jennifer?) :rotfl:

I needed photos for the Halloween crop, and I decided there was no time like the present (also, it will only get here a few days before the crop as it is..) so she let me get them now, as long as I pay her back. And I will!

Oh.... and..... drumroll please..... I'm a member of the JRB!!!!!

Out of the original 5, I'm the only one who got it! I have a feeling I had the overwhelming majority, since everyone else who got picked was one of the 35 new people, so I think they all split the vote. I'm very happy, because I was worried that they were going to split the vote too much.

:woohoo:

party of 3
09-24-2009, 08:11 PM
CONGRATS ZTH!!!!!!! i knew you'd make it!!!

Jennifer-how's the headache? did it go away? and b-t-w your list is starting to look like Nan's!

i'm trying to upload bubba's pic.....

joyah
09-24-2009, 08:22 PM
WTG ZTH very proud of you!!!!!

party of 3
09-24-2009, 08:23 PM
ok how's this for cute.........(hope it works)

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a381/holls111/IMG_1627.jpg

aroyer
09-24-2009, 08:24 PM
Awesome ZTH!!! :cheer2:

party of 3
09-24-2009, 08:26 PM
YIPPEE it worked!!!!!

oh and Ash------>enabler alert!
they have lego walkie talkies! not sure if that's on your ds santa list or not but i saw them today and thought of your little man!

ZeroToHero
09-24-2009, 08:26 PM
Thanks guys! I'm super happy!

And p03- that's adorable!!!!!

aroyer
09-24-2009, 08:27 PM
OMG, Holly, he is TOO CUTE!!!! Love it!!!

joyah
09-24-2009, 08:29 PM
love him!!! and way too cute in the uniform!!!

party of 3
09-24-2009, 08:33 PM
thanks ladies! i happen to think he's adorable too!
just a little bias........;)

DisneyIsTerrific
09-24-2009, 08:43 PM
Holly, Bubba is an adorable little scout!!!! I love the picture! I remember when my little guy (not so little anymore) was just starting scouts. Good luck to Bubba. I hope he has the best time at his first meeting!

:banana: ZTH!!!!! Way to go!!!! Congratulations!!!!!

flying_babyb
09-24-2009, 08:45 PM
mom knows how to ruin a birthday a whole 11 months in advace. Were not going to disney now

Lisa
09-24-2009, 09:34 PM
i went to get bubba cub scouts stuff.....holy cow!:scared1:
$76.00 later......
WOW i was not expecting that much!

1st meeting tomorrow night. and he looks adorable in his uniform.(if i do say so myself!)
:love:

This brought a much needed smile to my face. Sorry I missed seeing his picutre.

Oh.... and..... drumroll please..... I'm a member of the JRB!!!!!

Out of the original 5, I'm the only one who got it! I have a feeling I had the overwhelming majority, since everyone else who got picked was one of the 35 new people, so I think they all split the vote. I'm very happy, because I was worried that they were going to split the vote too much.

:woohoo:

Congrats, ZtH!!!!

rlovew
09-24-2009, 09:47 PM
Holly- Your little one is adorable!

ZTH- Congrats!

Sorry about the trip flying_babyb

Rebecca

tinkryansmom
09-24-2009, 11:11 PM
Oh Holly, he IS adorable!! Thanks for posting and sharing!!

Baby - sorry to hear about your trip.

ZTH - Congratulations!

StitchIsOurHero
09-25-2009, 05:47 AM
Holly--he's ADORABLE!!!! Such a cute little man!!

Z2H--way to go, girl!! That's awesome!!

Fbb--I'm so sorry about your trip!!

party of 3
09-25-2009, 05:55 AM
[QUOTE=Lisa;33706873]This brought a much needed smile to my face. Sorry I missed seeing his picutre.QUOTE]

lisa-can you not see the pic?? i so wish you could!

thanks everyone! he is the :love:of my life!

PrincessNancy96
09-25-2009, 07:50 AM
Love a man in uniform!!! :) What a cutie!

Congrats ZTH~ knew you would do it!!

morgansmom2000
09-25-2009, 01:42 PM
Awww, he's so cute!

Congrats Z2H, soooo glad I didn't front you the $ :rotfl:

Lisa
09-25-2009, 08:47 PM
[QUOTE=Lisa;33706873]This brought a much needed smile to my face. Sorry I missed seeing his picutre.QUOTE]

lisa-can you not see the pic?? i so wish you could!

thanks everyone! he is the :love:of my life!

I couldn't last night at first, I was having connectivity/internet issues. I could see some posts but not others. :confused3 But I did see it, TOO CUTE!!! What a handsome little man. :lovestruc