PDA

View Full Version : What will we celebrate? BLESSINGS!!*Trip # 10

Pages : [1] 2

Disney Mommy 3
09-23-2009, 12:51 AM
Hello all!!! Well, I have never done a PTR before!!! Hang with me!!! Technically, this is my 13th trip...our parents took us 3 times as a kid. A little side story---they were NOT Disney Planners like we are! And did we pay for it!! Our first family trip was 1983..I think! I was 8 years old, my little brother was 5. Guess when they took us? Spring Break!!!! Can you believe that? I still remember being soooooo tired and freaked out with the crowds. Our second trip was around 1984/5. I was around 11....June this trip...super hot and extra crowded. Third and final trip....July 1992.. I turned 18 the day after we got home. I think that was the WORST trip of my life. Literally. It was soooooo hot you could hardly stand it...we did the Splash Mtn. with excitement...as it was pretty new! We stood in that line for over 3 hours. And of course, we drove to and from Texas each time. Now, this was a nightmare as well:scared1: My parents liked to add sight seeing stops along the way home. So, the car rides seemed endless....Hence, my aversion to vehicular vacation! I am a flight girl. If it's more than 4-5 hours...put me on a plane or forget it!!!

Okay! On to my little family!Me and my dh were married right before I turned 20 and have been married for 15 years now. He truly is my Prince Charming! I love him to death!! He is so awesome! We are best friends and I know I laugh at something he says or does daily. Laughter is a big thing for me!One of my favorite Bible verses is in Prov..(15:13) "A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache cruches the spirit." If you ever meet me...I will laugh at some point!!! Dh is (among many things...) a home builder and land developer. We have had our business for almost as long as we've been married. God has truly blessed us and we are so thankful!! I am a SAHM to 3 sweet kids I will introduce you to here shortly!!! I love doing what I do and wouldn't trade a minute of it. We are also a homeschooling family. This is another tremendous blessing for us. I (we) love being with our kids so much and being able to spend so much time one on one with them. They grow up so fast!
I have been a Disney maniac all my life! Dh....not. I had to introduce him to it and I am so glad he's jumped on board with me. He's not totally flipped out about it like me, but he does enjoy it and pays for these trips with a smile on his face, and happiness in his heart. What more could a wife ask for?:love:

This is our family in Jan 09:
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab68/shawk3/205.jpg

Kids: DS13...He will turn 14 the day before our trip!! He is such an amazing kid!! His favorite color is red...loves Mysteries and Dogs. Has great technical talent..he inherited that from his Daddy!!! He loves the PS3 and all things relating to it! We are super picky about the games they play...and he abides with the rules. He is officially taller than me!!! He's around 5'5" or taller, I am barely 5'2". so....he is loooooving that!! He is a wonderful big brother...always has been. He was 3 1/2 when ds #2 was born, and 7 when Sis came along. First one up to help me with whatever I need. Super personality and has a knack for imitating. Can do any movie he has ever seen or anybody he's ever met!!! Never meets a stranger! This is a pic of him at Test Track (Jan 09) in the little Saturn SUV. He fell in love with it!
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab68/shawk3/153.jpg

DS10~ He is a May baby! Got him for Mother's Day!!!! He is a tremendous man in a kid body!! His nickname is the Professor. Has been since as far back as I can remember...if you tell him something, or he hears/sees/reads it....it's locked in!!!!! He is pretty quiet...sits back and lets big brother do all the talking. Until you hit something he is interested in-then watch out!! He will talk soooooo fast and not even take a breath...lest you lose interest, or big brother once again tries to finish HIS conversation!!!! His favorite color is Blue, he's into Legos, dinos, and anything construction. He too is an awesome helper for me.Does anything I ask with never a grumble or complaint. While both boys have been raised in church and love the Lord, he has always had a very mature grasp on Scriptures and Biblical principles. Sometimes the things he says are uncanny. Like I said...a grown-up perspective in a kid body!!! We love the streetmosphere people at DHS..his favorite is Ready Freddy Fiddlesticks:
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab68/shawk3/138.jpg

Disney Mommy 3
09-23-2009, 01:15 AM
I didn't want to run out of page!!! Ha!! Have to add that I am biased, but both boys really are very smart and very sweet. Don't tell them I said sweet...especially my oldest....he's not happy with that description.Entering into manhood does that to you!!!

Ok,now for the baby girl!! She was born in April..right before Easter and my anniversary!!!! She is 6, going on 26. Another mature kid here.Her favorite color was always pink...recently we have vacillated between purple and blue:confused3 Not sure what that's about!!! She does love Butterflies...they just take her breath away! She is a sweeeeeeet girl!!! Loves her mamma too!!!!! :cutie: She is in ballet...this is her 3rd year...gotta brag!! She is good!!! She is very quiet too...another one that lets ds#1 get the limelight most of the time. But, she can make herself heard if she has something that needs sayin'!!! Very independent....I think most girls are.At least, a lot of her little friends are (maybe they gravitate toward each other?). She likes her AG dolls...we will be getting the Twins for Christmas!! She has recently fell in love with the LPS (Little Pet Shop stuff) and those little animals that are ____in my Pocket. Most recent: Jungle in my Pocket. Loves that tiny animal stuff!!! Loves to sing and dance. Can't really peg her favorite character...she does change her mind about that A LOT!! I thought this picture really captures her--she's quite shy til you get to know her, but she's always very happy!
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab68/shawk3/134.jpg

We have a little dog that was a stray. Kids had been begging for one and we just couldn't find a fit. Finally after several mis-matching and stolen dogs,,, we did ask someone who knew exactly what we needed and how to get it. The Lord!! Really! We prayed and asked Him to help us and in a few weeks we found out about a little stray weenie mix...dumped at a gas station with a puppy. completely housetrained!!!!! She has become the love of our home!! She is a super sweet girl that just adores everybody. If someone comes up to the door...she is a super dog....she has to protect us, of course!!! But, after she gets the ok from us...she' ll love you to death! This month is our 3rd ann. of having her, and she's around 4 yo. She is pretty spoiled- I wish I had a better pic of her...maybe I will get a better one soon:
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab68/shawk3/016.jpg

Well, like I said earlier..this is my 13th trip. Hubby and the boys...this makes #10...dd is lagging behind with trip #7!!! Actually this could be counted as #8 for her!! I came when I was about 18 weeks pregnant with her!!!!
We went in Jan of 08 and 09...had planned for '10, but my sweet hubby is a Christmas lovin' guy...so he reallllly wanted to see it decorated at this special time again. So we settled for Dec 5-13. We are going to the Cont. and have Theme Park View. That alone is exciting to me!!! Then we got Free Dining!!!!:yay: And since ds turned 10 this year, he went to Adult so the price jumped quite a bit!!! We sometimes do surprise trips and don't tell the kids. Last one was this past Jan..so they know about this one. The younger 2 know the day we are leaving,but the older one doesn't want to know exactly yet...so we'll keep him in the dark a bit longer!!!!!! So, as you can see, we are truly blessed..have lots to be thankful for....Hence, my PTR title!!!
We are about 2 1/2 months out...so hopefully this will keep me occupied as far as Disney Mania!!!!! I have most of the days/ADRs, so I will tell you all our plans in the upcoming days!!! Thanks for stopping by!! :wave2:

disneyaddicted
09-23-2009, 03:03 AM
What a precious family, your boys do sound very sweet. Your little girl is such a cutie. Mine have entered teenhood long ago, I miss those younger years.

I have a trip planned for about the same time as you. Dec3-11. My kids have no desire to see Disney again, so I am taking my mother, she has never been. Experiencing Disney with a newbie is almost as fun as experiencing it with a child.

I'm looking forward to reading about all your plans and ADR's.

Ty

jordanyosh
09-23-2009, 03:07 AM
okay I'm in.....

Momof2Disneyboys
09-23-2009, 07:42 AM
Found you!! :goodvibes YAY ~ Loving the PTR so far, can't wait for more!! :yay:

popcorn::

jenjolt
09-23-2009, 08:05 AM
What an amazing family Shawna!! I'm definitely on board and can't wait to hear more about your plans for your next big trip to Disney!!!!!!

mickeystoontown
09-23-2009, 10:24 AM
You truly are blessed with a great family! I often call my kids my "blessings" too. Looking forward to reading all about your Disney vacation plans.

Disney Mommy 3
09-23-2009, 11:13 AM
What a precious family, your boys do sound very sweet. Your little girl is such a cutie. Mine have entered teenhood long ago, I miss those younger years.

I have a trip planned for about the same time as you. Dec3-11. My kids have no desire to see Disney again, so I am taking my mother, she has never been. Experiencing Disney with a newbie is almost as fun as experiencing it with a child.

I'm looking forward to reading about all your plans and ADR's.

Ty

Yeah! My first reader!!!! You win the award!:wizard: I hope you and your mom have the best trip of your life!! I will have to try to find you!!!!
okay I'm in.....
Glad to have you!!!
Found you!! :goodvibes YAY ~ Loving the PTR so far, can't wait for more!! :yay:

popcorn::

YIPPEE!!! Mamma Snowbird found me!!!!! Like a true mamma!!! Ha!!!Thanks for coming over!!!
What an amazing family Shawna!! I'm definitely on board and can't wait to hear more about your plans for your next big trip to Disney!!!!!!

Jen!!! I knew you would join me! I know you are soooo excited---your trip is right HERE!!!
You truly are blessed with a great family! I often call my kids my "blessings" too. Looking forward to reading all about your Disney vacation plans.
AWWW...Thank you!! Kids can be so awesome can't they? Glad you are here!! Thanks to all of you! Hope you enjoy reading a little about our life!

Pluto_fan
09-24-2009, 02:14 AM
Shawna, what a beautiful family you have! :goodvibes Your love for them shines through your writing.
Can't wait to follow along with your adventure! ::MickeyMo

disneyaddicted
09-24-2009, 02:59 AM
Yeah! My first reader!!!! You win the award!:wizard: I hope you and your mom have the best trip of your life!! I will have to try to find you!!!!:woohoo:I won!:banana:I won! I never win, not at bingo, lottery or drawings. What's my prize? What did I win?:hyper: When do I get it?:hyper:huh?:hyper:huh?:hyper:
:lmao: Yea, definitely try and find me, we can compare notes and see if we can have an accidental bump into.

Disney Mommy 3
09-24-2009, 08:00 AM
Shawna, what a beautiful family you have! :goodvibes Your love for them shines through your writing.
Can't wait to follow along with your adventure! ::MickeyMo

:woohoo:I won!:banana:I won! I never win, not at bingo, lottery or drawings. What's my prize? What did I win?:hyper: When do I get it?:hyper:huh?:hyper:huh?:hyper:
:lmao: Yea, definitely try and find me, we can compare notes and see if we can have an accidental bump into.

Pluto Fan~ YAY!! You are here too!!!!!Girl, you have got to send me some pics of your new homeland!! Isn't it Belgium? Thanks for those sweet words...I will try to keep it entertaining for you! ha!!

Disneyaddicted~Prize? Pixie dust!!! :tink: pixiedust: ha!! I will have to try to meet you and your mom!!! I plan to do MK several days,since we are at MK, so arranging a meet should be easy! I am on the 'loop'!!! *monorail, that is~*

Well, my dd has ballet this morning...I am laid on this couch with a laptop like I have no plans!!! For those of you who are not on our old Snowbird thread...I have to update you.I have been redoing our landscaping for about 2 or 3 weeks. Twice I had to stop...once for weather, and once just because I was too dang tired! Ha! I am, for the most part,, not really an outside, dirty kinda girl. I also, do not like summer. Actually, it doesn't like me!!! I am in Southeast Texas, and our heat and humidity can rival any Rain Forest...except for the fact they get rain everyday which alleviates the heat for just a bit. We don't. In fact, we went quite a looooong time this summer with no rain. Something else...I am a thunderstorm girl!!! Especially in the summer! So, when its this hot, I am not fit too kill!! I also, stay pretty drained and get migraines. Fall is my friend!!! We have had a fairly cool Sept already, so I have been able to get out there and work in those beds!!! I have to say, I did a pretty good job!! For someone who doesn't normally do these things, I mean!!! I will try to post some pictures soon...the weather is quite gloomy here....right now it's so overcast I don't know if any pictures would turn out well enough to post!
My back was so mad at me yesterday!! I felt like I was an older lady with athritis walking into church last night....slowly and gingerly!!!! I am great today...just draggin' with this dark weather. If we didn't have ballet, I would definitely let this be a stay in bed alllll day type of morning!! Well, I will post some pictures of our yard and fall decors later. Not a lot of fall stuff...some pumpkins and scarecrows from Hobby Lobby!! Waiting for my local nursery friend to get her mums and pumpkins tomorrow!!:yay:
Thanks for stopping by today! I appreciate you all!!!! Stay tuned!!!:surfweb:

BellaSoleil
09-24-2009, 08:41 AM
I'm so excited! I tried to find this last night and couldn't, so I'm glad you posted a link.

You're family (plus doggie) are all adorable!

Monny2AE
09-24-2009, 08:44 AM
Shawna- what a wonderful start. Thanks for sharing so much about your beautiful family! Your children are truly blessed to have such a wonderful mama! :goodvibes

Northern Disney Girl
09-24-2009, 08:44 AM
:cheer2: :cool1: YAY SHAWNA!!!!! A PTR!!!!1 COOL!!!!! (yes I like exclamation marks - my fave form of punctuation!) OK! now I need to back and actually read what you wrote! :woohoo: :yay:

Northern Disney Girl
09-24-2009, 08:55 AM
Oh Shawna! Those are the BEST pics of the kids I have see yet! They are all just absolutely gorgeous! You can tell S that he is a VERY good lookin young man! Little G is just like my Nat! Her fave colour changes from pink to blue to purple in a matter of minutes and would gladly chase butterflies all over our yard! Mr. K is just such a dashing young man! I :love: the pic of y'all wearing your shades! Too Fun! :lmao: Keep it up girl you are doing an amazing job! :hug:

Disney Mommy 3
09-24-2009, 01:40 PM
I'm so excited! I tried to find this last night and couldn't, so I'm glad you posted a link.

You're family (plus doggie) are all adorable!

Shawna- what a wonderful start. Thanks for sharing so much about your beautiful family! Your children are truly blessed to have such a wonderful mama! :goodvibes

:cheer2: :cool1: YAY SHAWNA!!!!! A PTR!!!!1 COOL!!!!! (yes I like exclamation marks - my fave form of punctuation!) OK! now I need to back and actually read what you wrote! :woohoo: :yay:

Oh Shawna! Those are the BEST pics of the kids I have see yet! They are all just absolutely gorgeous! You can tell S that he is a VERY good lookin young man! Little G is just like my Nat! Her fave colour changes from pink to blue to purple in a matter of minutes and would gladly chase butterflies all over our yard! Mr. K is just such a dashing young man! I :love: the pic of y'all wearing your shades! Too Fun! :lmao: Keep it up girl you are doing an amazing job! :hug:

Soleil~Hey!! Glad you found it!! I am such a dope....I could NOT figure that link out...then the light came on:idea: It was the Lord..he knew i was TRULY becoming frantic with that!!!

Kim(monny)~ thanks so much!! I really love those little munchkins!!

Kim~I do like these pictures!!! They just crack me up!! And yes, i too LOOOOVE exclamation marks...and capital lettered words!! i am very excitable!! But, how else are we gonna make the readers feel what we are saying? Ha!!!! I just took some pics of the yard...will post shortly!!!!

Thanks all my Snowbird Friends! I truly love ya'll!!!!:goodvibes:hug:

Mndisneygirl
09-24-2009, 01:42 PM
I'm here!!! I didn't know you were doing a PTR!!! I just can't keep up! Love the pictures and your dog!! I will follow along, of course, since we'll be there at the same time. Maybe I'll just post little tidbits about my plans in your PTR and not do one myself! :laughing: I probably won't do one anyway!! Maybe a TR after Christmas!

MadilynnsMomma
09-24-2009, 02:40 PM
Count me in! I'll be back tonight to read up!

UPDATED 8:07 PM - caught up. Your family is beautiful. We will be at CBR 12/6-11! Can't wait to hear more about your plans! :thumbsup2

Disney Mommy 3
09-24-2009, 08:02 PM
I'm here!!! I didn't know you were doing a PTR!!! I just can't keep up! Love the pictures and your dog!! I will follow along, of course, since we'll be there at the same time. Maybe I'll just post little tidbits about my plans in your PTR and not do one myself! :laughing: I probably won't do one anyway!! Maybe a TR after Christmas!

I just started..so you are right on time!! Yep...join in and plug in whenever you want to!! I love the company!!!!!
Count me in! I'll be back tonight to read up!

UPDATED 8:07 PM - caught up. Your family is beautiful. We will be at CBR 12/6-11! Can't wait to hear more about your plans! :thumbsup2

Glad you joined me!!!! Thanks so much!!! I will have to try to meet up with you too!!! I am gonna post more here shortly!!!!

Disney Mommy 3
09-24-2009, 08:42 PM
Hello readers! I am gonna try to post some pics of our home. You will see the front and back flower beds that almost did me in!! And the small ones in the pots my dd did!! She loves it! since we hs....this is gardening 101!! Ha!!
Front:
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab68/shawk3/015-2.jpg
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab68/shawk3/016-1.jpg
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab68/shawk3/020-1.jpg

these are on each side of the driveway:
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab68/shawk3/013-1.jpg
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab68/shawk3/014-1.jpg

this is in our backyard...Mike did the palms in May.. I planted the rest!!:
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab68/shawk3/001.jpg
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab68/shawk3/005-1.jpghttp://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab68/shawk3/008-2.jpg

This is a new plant I just found! It's called a Swedish Friendship Ivy...it's got little blooms that look like tiny larkspurs or bluebonnets. Very pretty!!!:

http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab68/shawk3/021-1.jpg

These little pots are my little girls! Snapdragons:
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab68/shawk3/011-1.jpg

Viola (little pansies!) and a Hen and Chick:
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab68/shawk3/010-1.jpg
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab68/shawk3/004.jpg

Disney Mommy 3
09-24-2009, 08:44 PM
Wow!! I don't know why those pics came out sooooo big! I did them just like my others....Sorrrrrryyy!!!! YIKES!!! Okay, well hope you enjoy a little of what I have been doing!!!!

Dancegrl624
09-24-2009, 10:34 PM
I'm here Shawna! I'm loving your PTR so far.

I'm feel so left out of our little Snowbird "reunion". :sad1: It still feels like yesterday our 3 families were chatting it up at The Emporium after Spectro! I hope that both of your families have a fabulous time, and don't forget to think about me!!!

MadilynnsMomma
09-24-2009, 11:00 PM
Snapdragons were my FAVORITE as a little girl. I used to "make them talk." It felt like I was in Alice in Wonderland!

Great pics! :thumbsup2

acejka
09-24-2009, 11:11 PM
Hi, I followed a link from the snowbirds chat... I just wanted to say that your yard turned out very cute! Your house is stunning! They don't even make houses that look like that up here... Ugh. I can't wait to move south!

Disney Mommy 3
09-25-2009, 09:42 AM
I'm here Shawna! I'm loving your PTR so far.

I'm feel so left out of our little Snowbird "reunion". :sad1: It still feels like yesterday our 3 families were chatting it up at The Emporium after Spectro! I hope that both of your families have a fabulous time, and don't forget to think about me!!!
AAAWWWWW Poor baby!! We would never forget you.. & yes, that's a great memory!!
Snapdragons were my FAVORITE as a little girl. I used to "make them talk." It felt like I was in Alice in Wonderland!

Great pics! :thumbsup2

How sweet! I think the little violas are wonderful ....they are like the little ones on Alice that had the tiny faces!!! I am an Alice lover too! Poor Alice...she got waaaay more than she bargained for!!! Are you gonna see the 'new' Alice by Tim Burton? It's got Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter!!!!!:yay:
Hi, I followed a link from the snowbirds chat... I just wanted to say that your yard turned out very cute! Your house is stunning! They don't even make houses that look like that up here... Ugh. I can't wait to move south!
Oh, thank you!!! We have to have bigger houses to make up for our ridiculous weather!!!:lmao: When & where are you moving?

Northern Disney Girl
09-25-2009, 11:08 AM
Oh Shawna, your home is just Lovely! :love: Your own "little" Texan hideaway! :) I LOVE the Palm trees in your backyard! That is my fave thing about landing in Florida - seeing the Palms for the first time! :goodvibes Tell G that her flowers are lovely! :thumbsup2

Disney Mommy 3
09-25-2009, 11:11 AM
Oh Shawna, your home is just Lovely! :love: Your own "little" Texan hideaway! :) I LOVE the Palm trees in your backyard! That is my fave thing about landing in Florida - seeing the Palms for the first time! :goodvibes Tell G that her flowers are lovely! :thumbsup2

Haha!! I will tell her!!! She is soooo proud of them! I don't remember ever getting to do that when I was little...not my own pot anyway!She really does a good job...she is SO serious about it too!! Yet....she wants me to do the watering:lmao: Thanks for all the compliments and kind words about our home and landscaping. Mike builds a good house!!!!! And he has to take the credit...he is an awesome designer!

Mndisneygirl
09-25-2009, 03:33 PM
Gorgeous, gorgeous!!! I love your house - Dave loves your pool! He wants one so bad. I don't. So far, I win! :laughing:
Your flower beds look lovely. This time of year up here, we're digging out, cutting back, and planting bulbs. So far the flowers are still blooming. We had nice rain today, so that will help. It's been a drought here.

Monny2AE
09-25-2009, 08:19 PM
Your home and gardens are beautiful Shawna! Those palm trees :cloud9: ! Palm trees are our favorite sight on the drive to see Mickey. We know we're getting closer when we start seeing them!

Disney Mommy 3
09-25-2009, 08:19 PM
Gorgeous, gorgeous!!! I love your house - Dave loves your pool! He wants one so bad. I don't. So far, I win! :laughing:
Your flower beds look lovely. This time of year up here, we're digging out, cutting back, and planting bulbs. So far the flowers are still blooming. We had nice rain today, so that will help. It's been a drought here.

Take the plunge!!! (Pun intended!:thumbsup2) you need one!!! Ours is a salt water and it is wonderful!! No burny eyes or green hair!!! We have so enjoyed our pool! Of course, it's so hot here...but we are so very glad we did it!!

MadilynnsMomma
09-25-2009, 10:49 PM
I am going to be ALLLLLL over Alice when it comes out... in March!!!

Disney Mommy 3
09-26-2009, 06:16 PM
Oh My Gosh!! Page 3!! :jumping1: :cheer2: How exciting!!! Well, I have been Christmas shopping!!! I am just about to go update my Christmas stuff on my shopping thread!!!!! But, I am definitely getting them a Wii... and it does get marked down officially tomorrow, so I went ahead today while Mike had the kids and got some games.... I was thrilled! Gotta order my little girl some AG stuff, and I am finished with my kids!! I hope everyone is having an awesome weekend!! We have had a great day....we all got things accomplished that needed to be done, and we are still in good moods!!!:laughing::lmao: TTFN!

Momof2Disneyboys
09-26-2009, 07:17 PM
Shawna, your house is beautiful! :goodvibes

Congrats on the Christmas shopping.:santa: I really need to get started on that! I am just thinking that it is probably not going to happen until we get back from Disney.

Disney Mommy 3
09-26-2009, 08:09 PM
Thanks Shelly!!! I just have to get it done!!! I can't stand the crowds and knowing things are getting picked over! It's my ocd background!! ha!!!! If you just don't have time before your trip, don't worry about it! I just like to at least have a list and know what I will be looking for...even if I can't go right then and get it.

mickeystoontown
09-26-2009, 10:05 PM
You guys did a great job on your landscaping! We live in a log home and I'm afraid to build any flower beds around it due to the potential for bugs deciding to build their homes in them. Bugs are scary to those of us who live in log homes! :eek:

What's this about the Wii being marked down tomorrow? That's what I want to buy our son for Christmas.

Disney Mommy 3
09-27-2009, 12:18 AM
You guys did a great job on your landscaping! We live in a log home and I'm afraid to build any flower beds around it due to the potential for bugs deciding to build their homes in them. Bugs are scary to those of us who live in log homes! :eek:

What's this about the Wii being marked down tomorrow? That's what I want to buy our son for Christmas.

As of tomorrow, the Wii will be permanently marked down to $199....Our TRU is suppose to have gotten a whoooooole bunch in case they have a rush on them tomorrow. I am planning to call Wal-Mart first and see if they mark theirs down before I drive to TRU.
Maybe for your landscaping you could put rocks close to you house where you want the beds to be and then work out from there. They wouldn't necessarily be against the house. Or (a neighbor just did this) against the house where you would have beds... they put the small white rocks and just put pretty plants in really decorative pots. Then, if you have things you have to bring in for winter, you can just move your plants in-and there would be no actual beds for bugs to get into. We have had spiders here this year like never before...the small ones...but they are way more active than i have noticed in the years before. I don't know what that means?:confused3
I did have an older lady tell me that due to the weather we have had for Sept so far, she is expecting an early and harsh wiinter down here. Not good I am sure for all of our Northern friends, but for us who have such short winters, it'll be nice!

Pluto_fan
09-28-2009, 01:55 AM
Shawna, both your home and your landscaping are beautiful!
We should move to Texas so Mike can build us a house. :thumbsup2 My family is in San Antonio and Corpus Christi, so it's not too far-fetched of an idea!

Wow, I didn't know about the Wii! THANKS! :santa: The boys have been asking for one for years now, and when I heard about the TSMM game I decided that maybe the time is finally right. ;) This makes it an even easier decision!

disneyaddicted
09-28-2009, 04:19 AM
Gorgeous landscaping. I had to send pictures to my sister, lanscaping is her favorite past time, she will love looking at this.
It must feel good to have the Christmas shopping about done. I have found myself worrying major about getting mine done. I've been off work since July 28th with a broken leg and torn ACL, I can't even drive right now, so all I can do is obsess. It'll get done, probably Christmas Eve, but it will get done.

Disney Mommy 3
09-28-2009, 07:51 AM
Pluto fan~ We are about 5 hours East of San Antonio....got a subdivisions with just a few lots left!!! Got your name on it!!!:) I did get theWii yesterday..our kids were playing with friends, so I ran to get it....TRU had sold several yesterday morning really fast, but then it was just here and there through out the day. I don't think people are really aware of it yet...not like they will be on Black Friday!!!!!
Disney addicted~ I am sorry your leg is broken!!!!Poor you!!! Just make that list girl!! I wish you were closer...I would come get you and take you shopping!!!!!! wouldn't that be a blast!!!!
Well it's Monday..and I am definitely feeling that I am gonna need a nap today!!! My allergies are acting up...so, if I take something (that really works) I am gonna be sleepy!!! I will try to post an update on our trip today or tomorrow for sure. Got a ton to do today...errands to run!! So, I will see you Dis-sers later!!!! Thanks for hanging in there with me!! :wave2:

Disney Mommy 3
09-28-2009, 08:50 AM
Arrival Day!! Saturday, Dec. 5th

Okay... I have some extra time this morning...so lets talk about our day to arrive at Disney World!!
We live about an hour and half from Houston's Intercontinental Airport...with them asking you to be at the gate close to 2 hours before your flight time...that makes for an early morning for our bunch!!! Usually we do the 10:00 ish flight...so we leave around 6.......doesn't sound toooo early does it? Well....it does if you are like me and can NOT go to sleep til at least 3 or 4 in the morning!! I am soooo wired I can't sleep...and I dream about forgetting stuff...so at about that time of morning, I hit that deep sleep...then I am exhausted when it IS time to get going!!!
We will get up and outta here by 6...our tradition is to go through the drive thru at the Chick-Fil-A about 15 min from here. The kids love that place and Mike can get coffee. This is one of the few times I let my kids eat in the car!! Usually it's only on trips like this....I am soooo weird about that!! So...we will eat and drive and talk 90 mph and just be in a general state of giddy-ness!! Ha!!!:yay:
We should arrive at MCO around 1:30...give or take a bit. Last year I nearly croaked when I saw the line for ME!!!!!! Oh my!!! I really did get upset! I thought I would cry!! We were in the end of Jan and were really expecting low crowds for our trip.....this line weaved around about 4 times!!!! I have never seen it like that!!Before, I was about 20 people deep.....this was really unbeleivable. And I have a complaint...while we are on this leg of our journey.....does anyone else notice how HOT it is down there? I mean...by the time you get to the counter, all the babies are crying and sweating...and I, personally feel a little faint!!! :faint: Ha!!! I think last year was worse becuase I was upset with that line!!! I just kept thinking...if this many people are here now...how many are at the World?:scared1:
So much for my plans of an empty park!!!! Which I have to say we didn't see until our Departure day...Feb 1....and that was becuase everybody was getting ready for the Superbowl!!!!!!
Okay....so, we will now be on our favorite bus....ME!!!!:wizard: How awesome is that? We don't even have to drive...nor tend to luggage!!!
We are on our way to the Contemporary......I haven't been in there since the remodel...so this is gonna be exciting!!!! I love staying so close to the MK!! And getting the Theme Park view is an extra blessing!!! We did do the Bay Lake view once...it was wonderful also...but nothing like seeing that castle when you wake up or go to sleep. It really is a magical thing!!!!
Our plan is to hop on the bus to DTD....this ride always seems kinda long...not sure why....just like we will never get there.Excitement I guess. So, we have eaten at the Earl of Sandwich....it was pretty good...but I would rather try something else. And we have done T-Rex....kids really liked it...I thought the food was good. But...I keep hearing about WPE, so that's where I will be taking us tonight!!!! Dh is wonderful....he lets me be the leader:yay: without complaint!! A wife's dream:rotfl: I have heard only good things about this place, so I am really looking forward to it. DS10 will have to hit the Lego store....that's his forte'....so I will let him roam through bins of Legos till he gets cross-eyed!!!! For those of you who let your kids do pins...the little pin place is where we got our start! This one usually has lots of variety! I think all 3 kids need a new lanyard this time...All ours are getting a little worn. Love to walk around and just soak up the Disney atmosphere around here...plus it'll be decorated for Christmas, so I hope to get some good photos of the family here!
I have a surprise planned for the kids and Mike. I want to do the Hot Air Balloon!!!!! I don't want to tell them for a couple of reasons...#1 is---it's weather pending...if it's too windy or rainy, they won't let you do it...and #2---I would never hear the end of it. Range of moods will be until then...too nervous, too excited, too scared.....I will just spring it on them and see what happens!! I did mention something a while back in the summer about riding in a hot air balloon(we saw one on tv or something) and do you know all 4 of them said NO WAY!!! I couldn't believe it!!!!! So...I will not let them thwart my surprise...when they see how cool it is and that it's tied off....I think they will want to do it. Or else.:lmao: Closer to time, I hope to get more details about it....gotta be prepared!
Well, after all that...I for one am going to be worn out.....I do take naps on the plane though. If you are on my flight, you will know me... I am the mommy who can barely keep her blood-shot eyes open long enough for the stewardess to bring out the snax!!! I am usually fighting sleep while setting the kids trays up and getting them started. As soon as the food is outta the way....I am out!!! Mike makes fun of me every flight!! I know I look 100% ridiculous....but I am toooooo tired to care...My head is cocked back and my mouth is just fallen open and I am dead to the world!!!!! I usually wake up with a crick in my neck too!!!!! I just crash. Sometimes the younger 2 will take a nap also...since we have all been up late beforehand like lunatics!!!
So....we will be trekking back to get out the luggage, put up clothes and toiletries then to BED!!! We have a BIG day tomorrow!!!!

mickeystoontown
09-28-2009, 11:10 AM
As of tomorrow, the Wii will be permanently marked down to $199....Our TRU is suppose to have gotten a whoooooole bunch in case they have a rush on them tomorrow. I am planning to call Wal-Mart first and see if they mark theirs down before I drive to TRU.
Maybe for your landscaping you could put rocks close to you house where you want the beds to be and then work out from there. They wouldn't necessarily be against the house. Or (a neighbor just did this) against the house where you would have beds... they put the small white rocks and just put pretty plants in really decorative pots. Then, if you have things you have to bring in for winter, you can just move your plants in-and there would be no actual beds for bugs to get into. We have had spiders here this year like never before...the small ones...but they are way more active than i have noticed in the years before. I don't know what that means?:confused3
I did have an older lady tell me that due to the weather we have had for Sept so far, she is expecting an early and harsh wiinter down here. Not good I am sure for all of our Northern friends, but for us who have such short winters, it'll be nice!

Thanks for the information. I see on the Walmart website that the Wiis have, indeed been marked down. Our local store didn't have them marked down yet. I'll probably just end up buying one from their website.

Very cool landscaping ideas. Right now, we have azaleas planted around the front porch and roses all around the rest of the house. Pretty easy plants to maintain.

Northern Disney Girl
09-28-2009, 11:13 AM
YAY Shawna! :cool1: Your Arrival Day plans look great! :thumbsup2

With our trip being a bit shorter this time around we are heading straight to the MK on our arrival day! :woohoo: I can't wait to see that Castle first thing! We plan to head to DTD on our second day after spending the morning/early afternoon at Epcot!:)

Momof2Disneyboys
09-28-2009, 11:36 AM
Great first day plans!!:goodvibes

I too do not do well with the early morning flights. Good thing I ended up getting stuck with an afternoon flight this time. We'll be getting to Disney later, but maybe we will all be in a better mood and wide awake!

I sure hope you don't end up having to ride in the hot air balloon all by yourself! :scared1::rotfl:

Disney Mommy 3
09-28-2009, 08:34 PM
Ha!! I hope I don't have to be alone, but if I must, I must!!!! I am excited about it...hope the weather is good for our trip. I am calling tomorrow and see if the 4 for 3 deal is better for us than Free Dining. I think we are at 68 days today!

Monny2AE
09-28-2009, 08:46 PM
You sound all set for Day 1!!! Your Day 1 is usually my last day. We wait to hit DTD towards the end and get our souvies before we leave. We'll be spending lots of time in Lego Land too. DS is just starting to get into them. :yay:

Good luck with the hot air balloon ride. Hope everyone is brave enough :goodvibes

Disney Mommy 3
09-28-2009, 09:22 PM
Kim~ We usually come back the night before we leave for souvies!! But.. we don't want to use our park tickets that first night--I am tooooo worn out!!
I wanted to post some of my favorite trip tips and tricks!!Lots of this I got from these very boards...some I have always used, and some are just common sense.
First...I love my packing list..I keep a Master on my computer...use it for other trips also.(Last year before the trip the computer totally crashed and I lost it! FREAK OUT!).
Shipping: I take note of when we are getting low on toothpaste, deoderant, shampoo, hairspray...anything like that. If I don't have any, when it's time to go, I just use those little travel containers from Wal-Mart.And when they are empty..I just trash them and don't have to repack it!! Also, I bring those tiny little detergents.A big Ziplock bag of quarters and dryer sheets for the laundry. I pack all this in two med size boxes and ship to the resort. I also pack breakfast stuff--granola bars, small apple juices, stuff like that. Last year I started a new thing. Snacks per day. For each kid, per day, I did a ziplock snack bag:2 pieces of gum, little snack bag of M&Ms, and a few starbursts. They got one bag with their name on it per day...when it was gone...it was gone. We have the ddp and I usually used the snack for water bottles or or fruit...pickles, whatever.
Of course, I always send down extra Ziplock baggies!!! Another thing I love is my over-the-door-shoe-holder. I love this thing!! I guess this year I will have to hang it in the closet...I don't think there is anywhere else to put it in the reno'd rooms at the Contemporary!! We put receipts, sunglasses, hairbrushes, loose change, all kinds of stuff in here! Keeps up with all the little stuff you gotta have!! Pop-up-hamper..a must have..mine folds flat in the big suitcase...put it in the bathroom and keep all that dirty laundry contained!!! I do laundry about the 4th day or so...with 5 of us that's lots of clothes!!! Oh..another thing I usually ship...MEDICINE!! I send band-aids,neosporin,tylenol/excedrine for us and a bottle for the kids.Again..usually a bottle that's near the end.Put it in it's own ziplock to ship in case it spills...
I always pack our underwear in a ziplock and our socks. Keeps it organized and if the bag opens, or they search luggage...no one is touching your stuff. (I hope:scared1:)
Of course, on the plane each kid and adult have a backpack...filled with time killers for the plane and the ride over...and a snack bag for travel day.Last year they packed their bathing suits in case they decided to swim at the hotel upon arrival..we didn't, but it was good to have just in case. Also, I put crocs and socks on the kids for the airport security scan!! Don't want them barefoot on that dirty floor!!! YIKES. And of course, don't forget all your chargers and ticket information!!!!!! I brought a journal last year and wrote in it day by day...I was going to do a TR, but never did... I was prepared tho!!!!
Okay,,, if I think of more good stuff I will add it...if you have something killer that we should know, please~ do tell!!!!!

Momof2Disneyboys
09-29-2009, 09:07 AM
Ha!! I hope I don't have to be alone, but if I must, I must!!!! I am excited about it...hope the weather is good for our trip. I am calling tomorrow and see if the 4 for 3 deal is better for us than Free Dining. I think we are at 68 days today!

I know for us with DS being 10 now and the 4/3 not including a gift card, free dining is a better deal.

jordanyosh
09-30-2009, 01:28 AM
I'll be waiting for your review of WPE. Heard only good things about it, but you are going right before me so yours will be a current review.

Love your house!

My cousins will be staying at BLT so it will be nice to hear what you thing of CR.

Disney Mommy 3
09-30-2009, 01:38 AM
I'll be waiting for your review of WPE. Heard only good things about it, but you are going right before me so yours will be a current review.

Love your house!

My cousins will be staying at BLT so it will be nice to hear what you thing of CR.

Hi!!Glad to have you!! I am excited about the WPE, so I will be posting about it as soon as I can!!! I loved the CR when we stayed a few years back...curious about these renos!!!

Disney Mommy 3
10-02-2009, 08:14 AM
Sun. Dec 6th Day 1

Hopefully we will have all gotten a good nights sleep Sat and are ready to get up early!!! We usually do not do Magic Kingdom on the very first day, but staying at the CR kinda makes you...doesn't it?:goodvibes We usually do AK first and get that out of our way. It is not our favorite park so we do it first and head to Epcot...this year the big guys do NOT want to do EE. So,,,unless ds10 just HAS to go to the Dino stuff, we are skipping it...maybe later in the trip at this point. Not sure right now.So!!! We are planning to hoof it to MK for Rope Drop!!! As you might know..we have never made it to a RD in all our trips!!!! I know how sad that sounds!!! But, I will rectify that this time around!!! I personally am not a morning person... but I can do it for this!!!! So, I will let the kids grab a granola bar and some juice while I am getting a shower and ready for the day!!! Gotta get that backpack ready also!! Today is a MVMCP day...I am not going that day, but my friend Sheree will be!! So..we will stay at the park all day since they will close to the public at 7. We --upon RD---will head to Dumbo, Pooh and Peter Pan!! Hopefully we can get all 3 in before we take off to RD at Toontown!!!! Me and dd missed Pixie Hollow last year:sad1: I took her several times, but the lines were just unreal...and she said she was NOT gonna wait that long!! I personally didn't want to, but I would have if she thought she could stand it!! So!!! I am sure the guys will do the race track or something while we see Tink and the Princesses. Also, face-painting at Petes is a must!!!! Love to do it early in the day too!! Makes it last longer!!!
After TT, we will go back to BTMRR---I am NOT crazy about Splash this time of year...I hate them walking around in wet clothes!!!!! We will maybe try POTC next...followed by HM---if we are not starving to death by now!! My kids usually eat lunch early. So, if we have to get FP for one of these, nows the time!! I am sure lunch today will be Cosmic Rays....my kids really like it here. Last time, we sat outside by the little waterfall looking at the castle.Very relaxing!!! After lunch, we will go to Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear and the TTA!!!! :yay: Love this stuff!! Oh! And of course the CoP....one of Mike's favs. At this point we will go back to Adventureland/Liberty Square...do anything we have missed at this point....if we have time we will meet characters..but we are coming back several times,so I really want to get the fun stuff going!!! I gotta see Mickeys Phil. also!! It was closed for refurb last time.
We got ressies for dinner at Cindy's!!!! I think it's right before 6...so we should be finished with most of what we want to do by then!!!! We will get some character pics here and get to hang around just a bit longer than those having to leave at 7! I think we will aim for Caseys and exit through there! Gotta make room for those at the Party!!! I was toying with the idea of the party on this day...but we have another RD on Mon...and I think it would be just tooooo long of a day!!! So, good night MK after dinner...we are off to take baths and try to catch Wishes from our Balconey!!!!!:wizard:

Monny2AE
10-02-2009, 08:50 AM
I hope you make it to rope drop this time! Last trip was my first time and it really is magical! My kids loved it!
Woo Hoo you got dinner ressie's with Cindy! I can't wait until DD is a little older to justify spending that much $ for her to meet the princesses. :rolleyes1
How amazing it will be to see Wishes from your balcony in your pj's! :cloud9: Enjoy it! Although it will probably be more fun to watch the crowds fighting to get out of the park while your comfy in your room! ;)

mickeystoontown
10-02-2009, 09:21 AM
Good morning Shawna,

I sounds like your plans are going well. I, too, make lists of things to do to prepare and things to pack and it's saved on my computer. Ziplock bags are my best friend while in Disney. Perfect for keeping things dry in the backpack, storing snacks, holding all those little things that end up floating around in the bottom of the backpack, etc.

Have a great day and a fantastic weekend,

Lisa

Northern Disney Girl
10-02-2009, 12:59 PM
GREAT PLANS SHAWNA :thumbsup2

I really hope you are able to make RD! It is the best part of a day @ MK! Just starts the day off right! :yay: Plus, you will get SO much more done if you can knock off Dumbo, PP and Pooh right away!

Try to be at the Rope for ToonTown no later than 930! The rope gets dropped sometimes as early as 940am! You will still probably wait a little teensy bit but not TOO long! We were at the rope las time by 920, were among the first 5 families in line to meet the Fairies and still did not get out of there until about 1015! Tink is one VERY popular lady! ;)

Dinner @ Cindy's ! WOW! I can't wait to hear about that one! We really did enjoy our breakfast there last time! Are you going to family pics taken with Cindy or just the kids? I hear the mice are jsut adorable at supper time! :cutie:

Keep it coming Shawna! Things are looking great! :thumbsup2

acejka
10-02-2009, 03:09 PM
Hopefully we will be moving within the next 2-3 years. We under no circumstances want to raise children up here, we know what the DC area offers in history, culture, etc. but we can't take it anymore! 95% of the people are just so rude, nasty and mean all of the time. And its soooo expensive, we can't even afford to buy our own home. I grew up here and will miss it but its just not worth it.

We want to move to Georgia or Florida. Our minds are not closed to Loiusiana, Mississippi, Alabama or Tennessee (I know, TN is kind of random) We just feel like when you go South there are a lot more values that just aren't here anymore. Maybe I'm wrong and its all an illusion but it just seems so different, even just from my friends and relatives who live in the south, from trip reports I read here, people who told me about going to college down there, books etc. It all seems much more family oriented and easy going.

Disney Mommy 3
10-02-2009, 04:34 PM
I hope you make it to rope drop this time! Last trip was my first time and it really is magical! My kids loved it!
Woo Hoo you got dinner ressie's with Cindy! I can't wait until DD is a little older to justify spending that much $ for her to meet the princesses. :rolleyes1
How amazing it will be to see Wishes from your balcony in your pj's! :cloud9: Enjoy it! Although it will probably be more fun to watch the crowds fighting to get out of the park while your comfy in your room! ;)

If you are on the DDP you can do Cindy's...and they take a picture and give it to you before you leave the restaurant..it is always a good shot too!!!!!
Good morning Shawna,

I sounds like your plans are going well. I, too, make lists of things to do to prepare and things to pack and it's saved on my computer. Ziplock bags are my best friend while in Disney. Perfect for keeping things dry in the backpack, storing snacks, holding all those little things that end up floating around in the bottom of the backpack, etc.

Have a great day and a fantastic weekend,

Lisa

Hey Lisa!!!! AAHHHHHHH Ziplocks!!!:love: they are sooooo great!! ha!
GREAT PLANS SHAWNA :thumbsup2

I really hope you are able to make RD! It is the best part of a day @ MK! Just starts the day off right! :yay: Plus, you will get SO much more done if you can knock off Dumbo, PP and Pooh right away!

Try to be at the Rope for ToonTown no later than 930! The rope gets dropped sometimes as early as 940am! You will still probably wait a little teensy bit but not TOO long! We were at the rope las time by 920, were among the first 5 families in line to meet the Fairies and still did not get out of there until about 1015! Tink is one VERY popular lady! ;)

Dinner @ Cindy's ! WOW! I can't wait to hear about that one! We really did enjoy our breakfast there last time! Are you going to family pics taken with Cindy or just the kids? I hear the mice are jsut adorable at supper time! :cutie:

Keep it coming Shawna! Things are looking great! :thumbsup2

I usually just have dd take the pic with cinderella.....we'll see!!! I am excited about our early morning!!!!! We really have no choice this trip but to get up early to get things done smoothly. MVMCP kinda pushes out a late start for MK on those days!!Hopefully we will be moving within the next 2-3 years. We under no circumstances want to raise children up here, we know what the DC area offers in history, culture, etc. but we can't take it anymore! 95% of the people are just so rude, nasty and mean all of the time. And its soooo expensive, we can't even afford to buy our own home. I grew up here and will miss it but its just not worth it.

We want to move to Georgia or Florida. Our minds are not closed to Loiusiana, Mississippi, Alabama or Tennessee (I know, TN is kind of random) We just feel like when you go South there are a lot more values that just aren't here anymore. Maybe I'm wrong and its all an illusion but it just seems so different, even just from my friends and relatives who live in the south, from trip reports I read here, people who told me about going to college down there, books etc. It all seems much more family oriented and easy going.

Well, we are in Texas...and of course, I think we are pretty nice!!!!!:laughing: Any where down here is gonna be a different feel than closer to a big city! I do notice people in Houston are kinda rude!!! It just changes when you get a big city attitude! Just consider that you are moving into Humid territory!!!!

Disney Mommy 3
10-04-2009, 09:28 PM
OOOHHhhhhhh! My ticker today is at 2 months!!!:yay:

MadilynnsMomma
10-04-2009, 09:59 PM
OOOHHhhhhhh! My ticker today is at 2 months!!!:yay:

WOOHOO!!! :cool1:

disneyaddicted
10-05-2009, 12:33 AM
You're plans are movin right along. Hope you make it to at least one rope drop this time. They are fun! Good times! Perfect time to snap of shots of characters.

AK ha always been my least favorite park too, I have always tried to get it out of the way first thing, but I gave it a second chance on my last trip....still my least favorite park.

Disney Mommy 3
10-05-2009, 08:59 AM
You're plans are movin right along. Hope you make it to at least one rope drop this time. They are fun! Good times! Perfect time to snap of shots of characters.

AK ha always been my least favorite park too, I have always tried to get it out of the way first thing, but I gave it a second chance on my last trip....still my least favorite park.

Why is it that we keep trying to like it? Is it guilt because we are not totally in love with something Disney?:rotfl: Oh...guilt is a powerful motivator...is it not?Ha!!!! Well...I am gonna move onto Day2...stay tuned!! OH....look at our ticker!! Under 2!!!:yay::yay::cheer2::cheer2:

Momof2Disneyboys
10-05-2009, 09:33 AM
Your plans look great so far!!

And congrats on being under 2 months!!!!!!!!:cool1:

Disney Mommy 3
10-05-2009, 09:38 AM
Mon. Dec 7 Day 2

Well, today is gonna be a Monday...so we should be having lots of high energy still at this point!!!! Hopefully two good nights of rest also...gotta be pumped...lots to see and do!!!!! Today is Hollywood Studios day!!!! We are aiming for RD here also!! Not necessarily to see the opening production...but to get in line for TSMM!!:yay::yay: My most favorite thing over here!!! (Moderators..we need some Toy Story smilies please!!!!!:lovestruc). Hopefully, we can get over there and get FPs and do the line. Last Jan it was crazy, as you all know!!! I am curious how the lines are now...with attendance being down. I still think it'll be long...but I don't mind waiting a little bit...I am not waiting for hours at a time though.So.. we kinda have some random plans for today...we want to also do ToT,RnRC, Indiana Jones, Great Movie Ride, VotLM, One Man's Dream, Beauty and the Beast. Of course, some of this will be Mike and DS13...but, still, gotta get those FPs!!!!
Also, we loooove watching those crazy Streetmosphere people. My Dhs favorite is Francis!!! So..you can't really schedule those in...just got to catch them as you see them.
We are doing a TS for lunch....we are gonna grab crackers/granola bars in the room...so we are gonna want an early lunch. We have ADRs for the 50s Prime Time....we really like that atmosphere and the kids eat most of their food here!!! Which is great..they usually get more than Chicken nuggets because they also eat off our plates....I can never eat all that food...so for us, this is a good one!!! Also, you just feel like you can relax! I love that!! Even though the other places are pretty good...we just enjoy the banter...have met some very nice people. Year before last, our waitresses mother(we found out through talking) lived right across town from MY mother!!!! Is it not really A Small World?!!!
so...hopefully after lunch we will have our headliner rides and know what time we can weave from show to show!!! I loooove B&tB...so I think that I will push that closer to the end...we can sit and enjoy it and not run to something else. Also...at some point we HAVE to go to Al's Toy Barn today and see Buzz/Woody/and Gang!! I am waiting for the show schedule that comes out around one month out to get us a more organized plan...I hate not going into it without a battle plan!!!! Ha!! But..that really is time enough for me to get it all together!!
At this point it should be supper time!!! Which for today will be a CS....I never remember the name of this little place..but it is a bit before and katty-corner to the B&theB show. It is a CS with little picnic tables--they have burgers and such...next to it is a little area that sells pretzels,grapes, drinks. Does anyone know what I am talking about?I think it is California something...anyway...that's where we are gonna grab some grub!!! After this, we are gonna go back and get our spot to see them turn on the Osborne Lights!!! I think they are saying 6ish...so we should eat around 5, and have time to get over there.After we see that for a little while and mosey back to the gate...I am sure we will all be beat!!! I know it's gonna be a day with no hotel breaks, but it's just to hard to transport us back and forth for break time!! Last year, we found a bench across from Echo Lake in the shade(it was a sunny day) and we just sat there and watched people for a long time!!! We were waiting for Dad to finish up his Lunch with an Imagineer (which I recommend for ya'll to do!! He loved it...this was his 2nd time)....so, me and the kids just took our break then!! We had a stroller too, so dd laid down on her jacket and I put my feet in it...the boys kinda lazed on the bench and we just had the best time!!! We love watching people...some are very interesting...some are funny...some are crazy....some are lonely. It's a good time to just see people interact! We have met some nice people doing the same thing we were doing!! Ha!! I guess you can tell when the Disney thrill is replaced by the need for breaks!! Everybody just starts sitting around watching everybody else!! Ha!!! It really is fun-I highly recommend it!!! Anyway...that will be our break...lunch, and people watching if the smallest members of our group are pooped!! Of course, if you sit to people watch..you gotta have a mickey Ice Cream!!!!! That'll rejuvinate you every time!!!!
After all the excitement and shows, and seeing O. L...it's time to say goodbye to Hollywood!!! We will maybe ride the boat home...it's a good way to end the day.Again..baths and watch the castle from our balconey!! Life IS good!!!!!!!And we ARE blessed!!!!:angel:

Disney Mommy 3
10-05-2009, 09:53 AM
Your plans look great so far!!

And congrats on being under 2 months!!!!!!!!:cool1:

Thanks!! I am trying to catch up with you!!!:lmao: I have to say I am so glad someone else understands my need to start preparing a loooong way off!! I don't usually pack our clothes until the day before because its not too different weather wise than at home. And we need the same clothes...but I do stay more on top of the :laundy:....Food, snax, all that stuff I get ready earlier...just not the actual clothing!!! I know you do this too, but I gotta ask!! (directed to Shelly...but anyone can jump in here!)...do you totally clean your entire house before vacation? I HAVE to do it!! I wouldn't feel like I could rest if I left with a dirty house!!!! Of course, this is a good time to clean out closets, drawers, nooks & crannies....we always find something that we will take!! Lanyards with pins are usually stored away and we have to get them out too....so I just feel like I have done a good job & can go on vacation knowing I can come home to a clean/organized home and just do laundry and rest that first day!!! It's OCD...I know...but hey.....some have this----others procrastinate!!:rotfl: I am one way, my hubby is the other!!! Opposites do attract!!!!!!!

Mndisneygirl
10-05-2009, 10:15 AM
Hey Shawna! Love your first two days' plans. Thanks for the shout-out in Day 1! Looks like we may be bumping into you a few times. We will be at MK by 4 on Sunday and will be at DHS at least in the morning on Monday! We're probably going to see OL a different day since we're going to Epcot for dinner.
You know, I've never seen any of the street performers at DHS? Are they in any certain areas?
As for cleaning before we go? I used to always, but on our last trip I just made sure the clutter was picked up. Why, you ask, didn't I clean? Because right before we left, I hired my neighbor who cleans for a living, to clean my house!! She came while we were gone and did an AMAZING job! She comes every two weeks now, and then I don't have so much to do in between. It's wonderful. Saves me so much time (so I can DIS more ;) ) Money well spent!
Can't wait to see the rest of your plans so we can try to meet up!

Momof2Disneyboys
10-05-2009, 10:25 AM
I know you do this too, but I gotta ask!! (directed to Shelly...but anyone can jump in here!)...do you totally clean your entire house before vacation? I HAVE to do it!! I wouldn't feel like I could rest if I left with a dirty house!!!! Of course, this is a good time to clean out closets, drawers, nooks & crannies....

::yes:: Absolutely!

mickeystoontown
10-05-2009, 10:25 AM
Morning Shawna,

Add me to the list of those who have to get the house all sparkling clean before we go on vacation. I do not want to come back to a dirty house!

I am in constant Disney vacation planning mode. As a matter of fact, I just bought a new shirt yesterday for our May, 2010 trip. Our 12 year old son has decided he'd like to start collecting pins so I bought several from my favorite seller on ebay. It's never too early to plan and pack for your next Disney trip!

Have a great day,

Lisa

Disney Mommy 3
10-05-2009, 10:35 AM
Shelly~ I knew it! ha!!!
Sheree~ I do love having those ladies come in and clean!!!! Even tho I am officially a SAHM, I do consider myself working. Since we are homeschooling...it keeps me so busy...and with all 3 kids home all day, I don't have big blocks of time per day to get it all done! This has been wonderful for me!!! As far as the Street performers..they come out every 30 minutes or so...they are up and down the streets from where the street starts...once you get past the stroller rental....down to the left, where you cross the first street, and down to the first right, toward ToT and all that. They are sooooo funny...most are in 40s garb...or just plain goofy!!! Some are janitorial people, some are 'police' they are just hysterical! I will try to post some of our favorites!! some just make up names, others take hollywood diva names and turn them around. Our favorite lady is Dorma Nesmond--who uses old screen star Norma Desmonds name with a twist!! She is wonderful. Another girl is an aspiring writer...her name? Paige Turner!!! Your Paige needs a pic with her!!!! Our favorite movie director is Otto Von Bonn Bonn!! And of course, ds10s favorite(in our pic on Page 1) is Ready Freddie Fiddlesticks. They are just joyful and witty!!!

Disney Mommy 3
10-05-2009, 10:46 AM
Faves: Mike and Desma Norman
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab68/shawk3/IMG_0747_0063_063.jpg
little 2 with Buzz & Woody
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab68/shawk3/IMG_0646_0207_207.jpg
The Green Army man
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab68/shawk3/IMG_0643_0210_210.jpg
Otto--Movie Director
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab68/shawk3/IMG_0641_0212_212.jpg

If you haven't seen them..ask the CMs in the shops...or at the show times board...they can usually tell you. The city plumbers are pretty funny too...they do a game show and you get picked to play in it....they will all take pictures with you too!!!

Mndisneygirl
10-05-2009, 11:11 AM
Thanks Shawna! I'd love to find Paige Turner! I remember one time my parents had a priest from their church over to dinner and he would spin Paige around and say, "I'm turning the Paige!" She thought that was so funny!
I agree, you need a cleaning lady! I could NEVER do what you do. SAHM and teacher? Crazy! but good for you. I have no patience, so teaching is definitely not for me. I stayed home with the girls for about a year and a half, they were about 3 and 1 and nearly went nuts. I need to be around the adults and get out of the house. I guess we need all kinds though, don't we?

Monny2AE
10-05-2009, 01:25 PM
:banana:Under 2 months!!!!! How exciting! :banana:

I ALWAYS clean my house top to bottom before we leave on any vacation. The only thing I want to have to do when I come home is the laundry from the trip. ;)

jordanyosh
10-05-2009, 01:49 PM
Great plans and pretty thorough as well.

Thank you to all who don't like Animal Kingdom! It keeps my favorite park from getting too crowded.;) I love aquariums and zoos and the like so AK is right up my alley.

Disney Mommy 3
10-05-2009, 11:46 PM
Thanks Shawna! I'd love to find Paige Turner! I remember one time my parents had a priest from their church over to dinner and he would spin Paige around and say, "I'm turning the Paige!" She thought that was so funny!
I agree, you need a cleaning lady! I could NEVER do what you do. SAHM and teacher? Crazy! but good for you. I have no patience, so teaching is definitely not for me. I stayed home with the girls for about a year and a half, they were about 3 and 1 and nearly went nuts. I need to be around the adults and get out of the house. I guess we need all kinds though, don't we?
Yep...it does!!!!!!

floridascgirl
10-06-2009, 05:10 PM
I've been reading along on your PTR and am excited to say that my ticker is now UNDER 2 months. :banana::woohoo::cool1:

We are still keeping our upcoming trip to AKL a secret from our DS11, so I can't talk about it around the house. I have to get my excitement vicariously through others' December PTR's!

Count me in as another person who has to furiously clean before leaving on a trip. It's already depressing enough to come back home after a holiday...I can't add to the sadness by walking in to a bunch of housework. :sad1:

Disney Mommy 3
10-06-2009, 10:44 PM
I've been reading along on your PTR and am excited to say that my ticker is now UNDER 2 months. :banana::woohoo::cool1:

We are still keeping our upcoming trip to AKL a secret from our DS11, so I can't talk about it around the house. I have to get my excitement vicariously through others' December PTR's!

Count me in as another person who has to furiously clean before leaving on a trip. It's already depressing enough to come back home after a holiday...I can't add to the sadness by walking in to a bunch of housework. :sad1:

:welcome: Glad you joined in!!! Well---you can talk to all of us to your hearts conent!! I did a surprise last Jan...so this is the only place I could discuss!!!! Dh got REAAAALLLLLY tired of being the sounding board..so, I had to yak with my Dis buddies!!!!! I will try to post about our next days plans tomorrow..I am just toooo tired tonight!!!
We went to see the Toy Story 1 & 2 in 3D today!! It was awesome!!!!

Disney Mommy 3
10-07-2009, 11:04 AM
Guess what!! We are now in the 50s!!! 59 days and counting!!! I am gonna let the kids do a countdown calendar...probably just the younger 2...big'un doesn't want to do it.
So... I may let them start with 60 (will work on it this week) and then they can just add a sticker for a couple of extra days to catch up. I think what I am gonna do is.....use a piece of Scrapbook solid colored paper(got some at WalMart) and find some good stickers at Michaels or Hobby Lobby and just let them put down one sticker per day. Or, on each day, do a little flap and stick it on the square with a sticker on top of the flap and the # of the day underneath....not quite sure how I am gonna do it yet.Any of you got one or doing one now?

Disney Mommy 3
10-09-2009, 08:48 AM
Day 3 Tues Dec 8

Okay!!! time for an update!!! Well, we have by now, visited DTD, MK, and DHS---hopefully with both parks being a RD morning!!! Followed by early-to-bed evenings! So, this Tuesday morning is gonna be much more relaxed! We have decided that we are not doing AK this trip--but if they change their minds and decide to go...this will be the morning for that.....if not...we will walk over to the MK!!! This is going to be a good day to scout out characters and just be more relaxed(if I can do it!! I tend to get all bossy!!! Ha!!)
Lunch is going to be a CS today...whatever we didn't do on Sun...Caseys, or Pecos Bill...I am sure that Cosmic Rays will have won out on Sunday!!!!
After lunch we will see how we are doing time/rest wise. If we are still full of vim & vigor...we will not need a rest time today!!! This afternoon we are gonna head over to Epcot...the kids want to ride the monorail over...but, we have a 5:00 TS dinner ressies at the World Showcase....and I am thinking it'll be sooooo much easier to just take the boat!! I would rather ride the boat over there and then take the monorail home that evening! so...I think that's what we will do!!!!! After dinner, we have to go back to the UK and look for the Britsh Invasion!! We love sitting and watching this group-if you have never watched them before, make a note to do that on your next trip. As you may alreay know..this is my ultra favorite part of the WS!!! I am a lover of all things British!! Can't wait to get to go there someday!!!! This is the part of the park I just roam around, and around....So.. after I hang out there a bit...we will make our way out of the park.
Back to dinner~ our country tonight will be China!! I love this place:lovestruc We know some people hate this food...I have read lots of mixed reviews...but we really like it. Also, the kids that perform outside are so good!! Another thing to add to your list!! They spin plates and do all kind of little tricks that make me hold my breath!! I don't know HOW they do it!!!! The kids like watching them as well. But...we have to leave at a reasonable hour tonight..we have to get up early again tomorrow!!!!

Northern Disney Girl
10-09-2009, 11:53 AM
:yay: YAY Another Great Day Shawna! :thumbsup2

I too very much wish to be more relaxed on this upcoming trip! We are FINALLY going to be telling the girls tomorrow! :cool1: That will give us 17 days to get a plan in place before we need to make our ADRs! I have been playing with some ideas but I really can't put anything "down in stone" until EVERYBODY has their input! ;)

I am curious to know, which boat are you planning on taking ? The friendships that travel betwen DHS and Epcot? :confused3 The boats that travel from MK to CR?:confused3 I didn't think there was a boat that went right from CR to Epcot? Or will you take the boat to MK and then hop the monorail? THAT would be a great plan! :thumbsup2

Love it so far! :love: Can't wait to hear about Day 4!!!!! :hug:

Mndisneygirl
10-09-2009, 12:26 PM
Good looking plans Shawna! Maybe I should just tag along with you!

Kim - how exciting to tell the girls! Be sure to let us know how they reacted!!

I'm off for my big scrapbooking weekend soon. Hope to get a lot done!!

Disney Mommy 3
10-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Kim~ I think it goes from the CR to over by the Boardwalk..if it does, we can walk over from there...if not,we can just do the monorail!! How fun to tell the kiddos!!!!!!They are gonna be so excited!!!
Sheree~ Sure!! You can just hang out with us all week!!! That would be fun!!!!
Well, we did get some rain & a biiiig cool down today! We met Mike for lunch and it started raining.....it dropped 16 degrees just while we ate!!!! So...it has been in the low 60s this afternoon and tonight it's suppose to be about 55:yay: Which of course brought with it a great big headache for me!!! I am ready to go to bed and try to sleep it off!!!! Chat with you tomorrow!!!!!!

Monny2AE
10-10-2009, 10:11 AM
Well Shawna your plans sound great but all I got out of them was Cosmic Rays being stuck in my head- I'm hungry now! :laughing:

Disney Mommy 3
10-10-2009, 10:23 AM
Well Shawna your plans sound great but all I got out of them was Cosmic Rays being stuck in my head- I'm hungry now! :laughing:

Ooohhhhh!! I'm sorry!! My younger son told me yesterday he was thinking about Caseys corner and could NOT wait to go get a hot dog!!!!! I don't let them eat hot dogs since all the hoopla about the wienees...but we splurge at Caseys!! I just pray they don't get sick from it!ha!!!! Speaking of sick....Kim have all your germs left ya'll yet? I hope so!! You have been dealing with it for a while now!! I know the flu is running rampant down here. Some of our area schools have closed it's so bad.

Disney Mommy 3
10-10-2009, 10:59 AM
8 weeks!!!!:yay::cheer2: :jumping1:

And still no airfare:lmao:!!! Well, we are gonna try to get it today!! Got a Honey-Do list for my hunny today, and that's at the top of my list!!!!! We have some weekends with big plans..so that will make the time fly!!
3 Weeks from today is Halloween--that'll keep the kids occupied for a bit!! Then we go outta town a couple of weekends before Thanksgiving for Mike to preach...then Turkey day....and my ds13s bday, then our trip!!!! Plus, getting finished with Christmas shopping, birthday shopping, and finishing up school Thanksgiving week.
I think that will keep MY mind occupied enough not to go nutty waiting for out departure day!!!!
As far as airfare goes... we didn't have any good times available for our Sunday return trip home--even though they went up a little this week...they did add a late afternoon flight!!!:yay: Since we do ME, that'll still give us time for a MK trip before we leave and a good lunch!!!!!! :cheer2: Yay Us!!

Monny2AE
10-12-2009, 10:21 AM
Ooohhhhh!! I'm sorry!! My younger son told me yesterday he was thinking about Caseys corner and could NOT wait to go get a hot dog!!!!! I don't let them eat hot dogs since all the hoopla about the wienees...but we splurge at Caseys!! I just pray they don't get sick from it!ha!!!! Speaking of sick....Kim have all your germs left ya'll yet? I hope so!! You have been dealing with it for a while now!! I know the flu is running rampant down here. Some of our area schools have closed it's so bad.

Nope still wiping snot. Sorry if that left you with a gross mental image :rolleyes1 It's running rampant here too. My DH's niece was just confirmed as having H1N1. Luckily her mom is a nurse and is taking good care of her. :hug:Her entire cheerleading squad has it. :scared1:

Oh, and I'd pick Cosmic Rays over Casey's any day! :thumbsup2

Monny2AE
10-12-2009, 10:23 AM
oops I forgot to congratulate you on
8 weeks!!!!!!

mickeystoontown
10-12-2009, 10:24 AM
You sound like Momof2DisneyBoys....she leaves in just under a month and just bought her airfare a couple of weeks or so ago.

It certainly sounds like you have enough stuff to keep you busy until it's time to head to Disney.

Momof2Disneyboys
10-12-2009, 11:09 AM
So did you get the airfare??? :yay: I got mine at 7 weeks out, so you still have time. :rotfl:

Congrats on 8 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!! :cool1::woohoo::cool1::woohoo:

Disney Mommy 3
10-12-2009, 11:41 PM
Don't freak....still no airfare!!! He wanted to wait....also, my mom dropped in...had to come down for a funeral...he was super busy today...NO time to get it done......gonna check on that tomorrow tho'. It's kinda makin me antsy now!!!!

jordanyosh
10-12-2009, 11:57 PM
Don't freak....still no airfare!!! He wanted to wait....also, my mom dropped in...had to come down for a funeral...he was super busy today...NO time to get it done......gonna check on that tomorrow tho'. It's kinda makin me antsy now!!!!

I would be freaking out if I didn't have airfare 8 weeks out....

I :worship::worship: to your patience.

Disney Mommy 3
10-13-2009, 12:13 AM
I would be freaking out if I didn't have airfare 8 weeks out....

I :worship::worship: to your patience.

Ha!!! i am getting a little bit :scared1:....not quite 100% freaked...but not too much farther!!!!

jordanyosh
10-13-2009, 12:17 AM
Ha!!! i am getting a little bit :scared1:....not quite 100% freaked...but not too much farther!!!!

:rotfl2: Hang in there.

Disney Mommy 3
10-13-2009, 12:26 AM
:rotfl2: Hang in there.

Ha! Okie dokie!! Well,we do those flyer miles...and darn it!!! They will NOT put me on the account...he has talked to them I don't know HOW many times and each time, it's Yes sir, she is now on the account. Then I call and go through alllllll that automated mess.....then Oh, we are sorry, is your husband home? You are not authorized on this account. And it does NO good to explain that he JUST got off the phone with someone else.....you get the drift. Anyway...I have time during the day, then when he gets home, we are soooo busy and the kids want to play with Daddy.....then I get tired and forget it!!! OOHHHHH....I just don't know if the frequent flyer miles are worth all the stress!!!! If not, I would have had them when they were in my exact happy-price-range 3 weeks ago!!!! Okay...gotta work on getting this done.

Disney Mommy 3
10-13-2009, 12:31 AM
Jordan..just read some of your PTR...what kind of church do you work at? Your reports are soooooo loved!!! You have toooons of pages!!! WOW!!! Good for you!! ha! And I too love those little travel items....the ALL detergent is my absolute favorite:laundy: Got lots of this going on!

jordanyosh
10-13-2009, 12:38 AM
Jordan..just read some of your PTR...what kind of church do you work at? Your reports are soooooo loved!!! You have toooons of pages!!! WOW!!! Good for you!! ha! And I too love those little travel items....the ALL detergent is my absolute favorite:laundy: Got lots of this going on!

It is a Free Methodist Church. Relatively conservative, but we play Hillsong United songs for worship in our Contemporary Service...:thumbsup2. Not adverse to seeing the Spirit move, but we're not on the fringe and not overly conservative....I grew up in the church. Dad, Granddad, 2 uncles all Pastors. SIL was served full-time at church...Bro worked with youth....I was a typical PK....but my rebellion lasted from age 24-42.........

Lol...I LOVE that All detergent when I travel...

MY PTR is a monster, but I've also been doing PTR/TRs for over 2 years. You'll meet lifelong friends here......

Disney Mommy 3
10-13-2009, 12:51 AM
Oh, I loooove Hillsong!!! Sorry you were so rebellious!!!:lmao: I know it's hard being a PK....always said I would never marry anyone in the ministry...then I did! Ha!!!! My hubby is awesome...so sincere...that's what makes the difference! My mom is going to a Free Methodist church too!!!
so....moral of the story? Never say Never.....God has other plans sometimes!!!! Thanks for stickin' around my PTR....I will update soon!!!Hopefully with some airfare!!!! OK....I am finally getting tired,..starting to ramble! Sorry!!! Too much of this :surfweb: !!

jordanyosh
10-13-2009, 01:24 AM
Oh, I loooove Hillsong!!! Sorry you were so rebellious!!!:lmao: I know it's hard being a PK....always said I would never marry anyone in the ministry...then I did! Ha!!!! My hubby is awesome...so sincere...that's what makes the difference! My mom is going to a Free Methodist church too!!!
so....moral of the story? Never say Never.....God has other plans sometimes!!!! Thanks for stickin' around my PTR....I will update soon!!!Hopefully with some airfare!!!! OK....I am finally getting tired,..starting to ramble! Sorry!!! Too much of this :surfweb: !!

Let me know about the airfare!

jordanyosh
10-13-2009, 01:26 AM

That's so interesting that your mom goes to a FMC!!!!

mickeystoontown
10-13-2009, 09:37 AM
Just had to chime in about the PK's. My husband is a preacher's kid. He went through a year or so of rebellion but once I came along, he stopped all that. Course, we were married at just 18 (and still going strong after 25 years) so he didn't have too much time to rebel.;)

My grandfather was a missionary. His dad was a pastor. His brother was a pastor. My husband's dad and two of his brothers are pastors.

My daughter is going to missionary college in Georgia and teaches children's church at their local church. She has done missionary work all over the United States. She works in a homeless shelter once or twice a month in Atlanta. She volunteers her time to work with a mentally and physically handicapped baseball team. During the Summers, she works at several different youth camps. One was for Autistic children, another was for children whose families couldn't afford to send them to Summer camp and yet another was a Christian based youth camp. Can you tell that Mama is super proud of her baby?:laughing:

Oh, and the only time my daughter got in trouble at school was when she skipped to attend prayer meeting at church! Everybody laughed at her and said "who skips school to go to church?"

Northern Disney Girl
10-13-2009, 11:12 AM
:hug: Hey Shawna Girl! :flower3:

Just thought I would drop in and say "HI"! :wave2: Hope you can get the airfare squared away fairly soon! :goodvibes Boy I sure would be a nervous nellie if I had left it so late! ;) Are you still hoping to fly from Houston?

Disney Mommy 3
10-13-2009, 02:46 PM
Mickeystoontown~ You should be proud of your dd!!!! How wonderful!!!
Kim~ Yep, we are still flying out of Houston. We are gonna try to get those tickets today...if not tomorrow for sure..we have a HOA meeting tonight. Guess who's house got volunteered for the meeting?
I am babysitting a sweet 6mo baby girl right now! What a little doll!!

Dancegrl624
10-13-2009, 03:30 PM
Just wanted to comment on something real quick Shawna. A girl at my church just graduated from Hillsong International Leadership college! Yes, she went all the way to Australia. Her aunt is our worship leader and her mom and younger sister also sing in our worship group. So needless to say, we sing a lot of Hillsong music which is awesome!

Ok, I'm done babbling now!

Monny2AE
10-13-2009, 08:24 PM
Ha! Okie dokie!! Well,we do those flyer miles...and darn it!!! They will NOT put me on the account...he has talked to them I don't know HOW many times and each time, it's Yes sir, she is now on the account. Then I call and go through alllllll that automated mess.....then Oh, we are sorry, is your husband home? You are not authorized on this account. And it does NO good to explain that he JUST got off the phone with someone else.....you get the drift. Anyway...I have time during the day, then when he gets home, we are soooo busy and the kids want to play with Daddy.....then I get tired and forget it!!! OOHHHHH....I just don't know if the frequent flyer miles are worth all the stress!!!! If not, I would have had them when they were in my exact happy-price-range 3 weeks ago!!!! Okay...gotta work on getting this done.

I can't stand that automated junk. And once you get to a real person, they ask you ALL the same things you just answered into the automated system. Ridiculous! Crossing my fingers you get air fare ASAP!!!!!

I go to a Methodist church too. I love their contemporary service- the kids love the music! :thumbsup2

Now go get some flights!!!!

Disney Mommy 3
10-13-2009, 10:34 PM
Just wanted to comment on something real quick Shawna. A girl at my church just graduated from Hillsong International Leadership college! Yes, she went all the way to Australia. Her aunt is our worship leader and her mom and younger sister also sing in our worship group. So needless to say, we sing a lot of Hillsong music which is awesome!

Ok, I'm done babbling now!

Oh...that's cool!!! How awesome for her!!!!! You aren't babbling...I love to hear all about my friends' stuff!!!!
I can't stand that automated junk. And once you get to a real person, they ask you ALL the same things you just answered into the automated system. Ridiculous! Crossing my fingers you get air fare ASAP!!!!!

I go to a Methodist church too. I love their contemporary service- the kids love the music! :thumbsup2

Now go get some flights!!!!

I know.. what's the point of all that anyway...I would much rather just listen to good music and rest!! Why make me punch all those buttons? Waste of time! I wanted to do tickets tonight...HOA meeting went long...hopefully tomorrow!!! I know it's a nailbiter!!!!!!! I also have my 45 day mark coming up!!! Lordy,...I hope I dont forget it! Ha!!! NOT!!!!

jordanyosh
10-14-2009, 12:53 AM
Just had to chime in about the PK's. My husband is a preacher's kid. He went through a year or so of rebellion but once I came along, he stopped all that. Course, we were married at just 18 (and still going strong after 25 years) so he didn't have too much time to rebel.;)

My grandfather was a missionary. His dad was a pastor. His brother was a pastor. My husband's dad and two of his brothers are pastors.

My daughter is going to missionary college in Georgia and teaches children's church at their local church. She has done missionary work all over the United States. She works in a homeless shelter once or twice a month in Atlanta. She volunteers her time to work with a mentally and physically handicapped baseball team. During the Summers, she works at several different youth camps. One was for Autistic children, another was for children whose families couldn't afford to send them to Summer camp and yet another was a Christian based youth camp. Can you tell that Mama is super proud of her baby?:laughing:

Oh, and the only time my daughter got in trouble at school was when she skipped to attend prayer meeting at church! Everybody laughed at her and said "who skips school to go to church?"

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Disney Mommy 3
10-14-2009, 09:18 AM
Day 4 Wed Dec 9

Okay!!! We are up to day 4 of this trip!!! Today will be fairly early...I don't know if we will make it a RD day or not. You can give me your opinions on this. We are going to start our day at Epcot!!! We all love Soarin'!! Well, 4 out of 5!!! ha!!! But it's gonna be a family ride!! If it's not crazy long..we can do it twice..if not, once will have to do!!!!
My middle son just loves going into the innoventions building and watching those robot pieces..or what ever they are....make music. He just stands there for the LONGEST time...doesn't say a word....just watches. He is so cute!! He also loves Figment..so we will have to do that too!!! We have no sure fire plan for this part of the morning...but.. we are making our way to the W.S.:yay:
I love looking at all those countries!! usually this is our evening park...where we go to a different country every night for supper. But, I got a kid that wants to see some characters in their homeland....so, we will be hunting Snow White in Germany, Belle in France, Marie (the cat) in France, Jasmine by Morocco, Mulan in China....and of course, Mary Poppins, Alice, and Pooh and gang in the UK. (Did I forget anybody?)
As you know by now..the UK is one of my favorites...so this is where we will eat lunch today!!!! We have ressies at the Rose & Crown!!! YUMMY!!!! This poor place gets such mixed reviews!! I personally think the dinner choices are better than the lunch ones sometimes... but it's still great! We all love the soup!! Also, the roast beef sandwich is to die for!! I think they call it the Ploughmans Lunch. Anybody know?:confused3 Well, whatever they call it...my kids will get the bangers & mash!! They get it every time!! The staff here is always super friendly!! trip before last we had a girl from Ireland...and last time we met a girl from close to Statford-on-Avon!!! They were the sweetest girls!!! Gave us tons of info too.
So..after lunch we will roam around for as long as we want.... I think today maybe head back around 2-ish.
Tonight is the Spectro/Wishes at MK:yay::wizard: Totally wonderful! So, we will have to grab a sidewalk spot!! I think I might let dh and ds13 get some hot dogs from Caseys....eat on our spot!!!! totally depends on if we have already had Caseys... I can't do Hot Dogs twice:sad2: But...we really want to see this parade...so we will be the typical tourists...grappling for a good spot to watch!! Maybe we should go down toward frontierland...I don't know... we will just have to see what time we get there. So..today/tonight is gonna be without a structured plan(*gasp*)...can I do it?:lmao:
We of course, will wander around for a bit after the fireworks...don't want to get in that mob getting out of the parks.I have to admit I like to just sit for about 15 minutes...let the majority get out.....it's another great opportunity to people watch!! I am amazed how many people act like they HAVE to be the first one out after Wishes....do they think we will be locked in? And really, if we were, wouldn't that be just awesome!!!!
On a serious note..we saw a kid who was lost, find her mom one year. She was scared to death....the cms who walk down the street before the parade with black pants and the cute vests had her....she was telling her all her info....then a fireman came.....then a few minutes later someone was bringing the mom....(Fireman was radioing someone) .....it was remarkable how fast that was. When the kid saw her mom, I thought she was gonna :faint: with relief!! A few of us started clapping...it was great. But... I think the mom was mad...my dh looked at me and shook his head, like quit clapping. I was all excited,,,then we all (the clappers) looked at the mom. I just thought "oh, boy". She might have just been freaked out... but she looked mad. YIKES!!!! I know that had nothing to do really with my plans..but it did make a mental connection with my last Spectro experience!!! :rotfl:
Maybe we will even hang out at the candy store for a bit!! Gotta looooove that place!!! I think I can taste the fudge even now......
And I will make our crew walk home tonight! The line for the monorail is gonna be ridiculous....and by the time we got ON the monorail, we would already be over there.So....it'll be nighty night after all this!!!!

Disney Mommy 3
10-16-2009, 09:47 AM
Hello everybody!!!! Well, we are enjoying some cooool fall weather with 0 humidity...so yippee for us!!!:yay: I am going to post about our next day coming up later...but for now....a little countdown!!!

7 WEEKS!!!!:yay::cheer2: 50 DAYS:cheer2::yay:

Mndisneygirl
10-16-2009, 10:24 AM
YAY!!! ME TOO!!I love celebrating with you!

But YIKES! I don't feel too ready or organized. What am I doing???

Monny2AE
10-16-2009, 01:23 PM
Oh...that's cool!!! How awesome for her!!!!! You aren't babbling...I love to hear all about my friends' stuff!!!!

I know.. what's the point of all that anyway...I would much rather just listen to good music and rest!! Why make me punch all those buttons? Waste of time! I wanted to do tickets tonight...HOA meeting went long...hopefully tomorrow!!! I know it's a nailbiter!!!!!!! I also have my 45 day mark coming up!!! Lordy,...I hope I dont forget it! Ha!!! NOT!!!!
My favorite ones are the automated that recognize voices- only trouble is that they recognize all the background noises too! With kids running around it's hard to get through!

Your Day 4 looks *mahvelous* :goodvibes We did Spectro/Wishes night at MK last time and getting out was a major headache! We're going to skip Spectro night this time around.

Hooray for 7 weeks!!!!!!! 50 days sounds so close!!!!!!

Momof2Disneyboys
10-16-2009, 01:36 PM
:cool1::woohoo:YAY for 7 WEEKS!!!!:woohoo::cool1:

mandy2012
10-16-2009, 02:11 PM
Loving reading this.. Still gotta read more. Just wanted to say hi. I will also be there in december :)

Dancegrl624
10-16-2009, 04:38 PM
You're trip is really getting close! I'm so excited for you and your family!! :yay: Day 4 sounds excellent.

jordanyosh
10-16-2009, 05:00 PM
your epcot/mk day looks great.

I have yet to eat at Rose and Crown, but not because of mixed reviews...I don't know why...hmmm...will have to think about that one.

it seems that the pace you're taking is just right not too fast/not too slow...relatively relaxed:thumbsup2

Northern Disney Girl
10-16-2009, 08:31 PM
Hey Girl! :goodvibes

Still Lovin' those plans! :thumbsup2 We watched Spectro from an AWESOME spot last year! Down in Fronteirland, right outside the Shootin' Arcade, there is a raised platform. The kids stood on the platform and we bellied up to the rope! PERFECT spot! I think the parade started on main st at around 7ish and we were in our spot at about 630. It was a bit of a wait on a pretty chilly night but well worth it!

Here are a couple of pics -

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq354/kdhorton08/DSC02039.jpg

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq354/kdhorton08/DSC02041.jpg

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq354/kdhorton08/DSC02043.jpg

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq354/kdhorton08/DSC02044.jpg

Enjoy the Parade from wherever you end up watching it! It IS FABULOUS!!! :cool1:

Disney Mommy 3
10-16-2009, 10:38 PM
YAY!!! ME TOO!!I love celebrating with you!

But YIKES! I don't feel too ready or organized. What am I doing???
I am waiting on you to post your plans on here with me!!! Most of our days are the same!!! So...fill us in!!!Loving reading this.. Still gotta read more. Just wanted to say hi. I will also be there in december :)
Hello!! When in Dec?
My favorite ones are the automated that recognize voices- only trouble is that they recognize all the background noises too! With kids running around it's hard to get through!

Your Day 4 looks *mahvelous* :goodvibes We did Spectro/Wishes night at MK last time and getting out was a major headache! We're going to skip Spectro night this time around.

Hooray for 7 weeks!!!!!!! 50 days sounds so close!!!!!!

I know!! Thats why we are hanging around til the crowd disperses!! I am always sooo tired after those parades!:cool1::woohoo:YAY for 7 WEEKS!!!!:woohoo::cool1:
I am excited too~ but you are STILL ahead of me!!!!

Disney Mommy 3
10-16-2009, 10:42 PM
You're trip is really getting close! I'm so excited for you and your family!! :yay: Day 4 sounds excellent.

your epcot/mk day looks great.

I have yet to eat at Rose and Crown, but not because of mixed reviews...I don't know why...hmmm...will have to think about that one.

it seems that the pace you're taking is just right not too fast/not too slow...relatively relaxed:thumbsup2

Hey Girl! :goodvibes

Still Lovin' those plans! :thumbsup2 We watched Spectro from an AWESOME spot last year! Down in Fronteirland, right outside the Shootin' Arcade, there is a raised platform. The kids stood on the platform and we bellied up to the rope! PERFECT spot! I think the parade started on main st at around 7ish and we were in our spot at about 630. It was a bit of a wait on a pretty chilly night but well worth it!

Here are a couple of pics -

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq354/kdhorton08/DSC02039.jpg

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq354/kdhorton08/DSC02041.jpg

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq354/kdhorton08/DSC02043.jpg

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq354/kdhorton08/DSC02044.jpg

Enjoy the Parade from wherever you end up watching it! It IS FABULOUS!!! :cool1:

Thanks!! I think Day 4 will be fun too!!! Kim~ love those pics...and that spot sounds awesome!! I will try to remember that one!! Thanks for hanging out with me!!!!!

mandy2012
10-17-2009, 02:14 AM
Hello!! When in Dec?

I will be there Nov.30-Dec.7. I will be at magic kingdom on the 6th also like you are. I am also doing mvmcp that night :santa:

Disney Mommy 3
10-17-2009, 07:25 AM
You are gonna have so much fun!! We are still riding the fence about the MVMCP at this point!

Mndisneygirl
10-17-2009, 08:51 AM
I am waiting on you to post your plans on here with me!!! Most of our days are the same!!! So...fill us in!!!

Well, since you asked (and I have the info right here next to me!):

Day one - 12/5 arrival - don't know what time since we're driving, but I'm hoping by 2 p.m. Check in at AKL! We have a savannah view room with bunk beds for one night. We're probably not going to get to AK, so this will have to do. We'll explore the resort, grab some food (want to try zebra domes) and maybe hit a park or DTD. The rest of our group doesn't arrive until 12/6, so we're just going to wing it. MK has pm EMH, so that could be a possibility, but I'm guessing it will be crowded.

Day two - We'll check out and then check in at Bay Lake Tower. We have lunch ADR at Kona at 12:05 so until then, we're going to wing it - again. I doubt we'll go to a park, maybe DTD or sleep in (HA!) and explore AKL some more.
We will meet up with the gang and have ADRs at Crystal Palace at 4:40 and then MVMCP!!

Day three 12/7 - I'm thinking rope drop at DHS to hit TSMM. DH and DD6 didn't do it last time b/c she was scared (of what? the unknown apparently). We're going to do a couple things like the Little Mermaid (that was closed in Jan) and probably leave before 3. We have ADRs at Teppan Edo at 5:20. I was thinking in between of heading to the boardwalk or YC an BC to check out decorations. We don't ride TOT or RNRR, and we just saw Indy and B&B, so they're not a priority. NOt sure what night we're going to come back for Osborne lights yet. Maybe Tuesday (but that's Fantasmic night and I'm not sure if we're going to bother with F! May be too crowded). Might stay at Epcot for the evening and Illuminations.

Day four - 12/8 - EPCOT am EMH. Don't know that we really need to rush over there, but I'd like to finally try Soarin! We also have ADRs at Tutto Italia at 2:20. We were able to get LeCellier for four people in our group who hadn't tried it yet (sadly I let them take it since I was just there in Jan. I better not hear how they didn't like it! :) ) I was thinking this might be a good night to avoid DHS, since it is Fantasmic and I don't need to see it, as much as I love it. Last time we sat in the rain and watched it! Maybe this will be our Illuminations night.

Day five 12/9- last full day! :( All day MK!!! we have no ADRs, and there is no Spectro, but that's okay. We will have seen the Christmas parade at MVMCP. end our night with Wishes!

Somewhere we're going to tour resorts for Christmas decorations - I want to see GF, WL, YC, BC and BWI. Wish me luck!

Day six - 12/10 we have an ADR at Ohana for breakfast at 9:10 and then we head off to the port for a three day cruise on the Wonder, a three-day cruise (sing it with me!)

Then on 12/13, the girls and I fly home and DH drives back with his sister. (She will have flown down earlier and met up with another sister in Ft. Myers and driven to WDW with them). DH has four sisters and three of them will be at WDW with us. Two of them and his mom will be cruising with us too.
Good thing I like my in-laws!!

There you have it. I'm going to be trying to do all the Christmas stuff I can, but I didn't want to pay for the candlelight processional package. We're going to stand outside it and listen for a while. We're going to try to see all the holiday storytellers at Epcot too. Busy, busy busy. That's why I'm relaxing with a tropical drink on the deck of the Wonder or the beach for three days!

Sorry that was so long, but Shawna asked, so I obliged!!
Oh, somewhere we have to try to meet up too!!! I'll be watching for you! We'll have to exchange numbers or something.

Disney Mommy 3
10-17-2009, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the info!! I know where to hunt you!!! HA!!!! Well, we are staying right next door to each other!!! I am pretty sure Spectro is the night you are going to MK....we'll check and see!!!!
I will definitely be pming you with our cell #s so we can meet again....I think your plans are great....I know ya'll get up early, so you shoud have plenty of time to hit all those resorts and look at the decor...maybe in the evening after your group eats ya'll could do that. think about me when you go to the BC...we looove:love: that place!! If the CR doesn't totally carry us away...it'll be back to the BC next time!!!!

Well, I am down to 49 days !!!!! We are gonna work on countdown (up) calendars todays!!!

Mndisneygirl
10-17-2009, 12:54 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if we just happened upon each other someday!
But I will definitely try to set something up!

I stayed at the CR in 2004 and liked it, but I am not wild about the theming. It has changed in terms of the CS place and now with BLT next door. We stayed in a garden wing (the one that is now BLT!) and had a lake view. (we watched the EWP - we heard music one night and thought, what the ** is that? Never knew it existed before that!) We're having a lake view this time too at BLT. I saw that the theming is similar. I guess I would have appreciated it more with the MK view. I loved the walk to MK and the monorail being so handy!! That is a huge advantage! I have so many resorts I want to stay at (I get to count AKL this trip even though it's only for one night!) Poly, BC/YC, POFQ, POP. Gee, so many are deluxe! Hee Hee!
I feel like I have done so many, but there are so many more. Let's see, I have stayed at: CBR, POR, Shades of Green (3 times), CR ASMovies, and now BLT and AKL. I guess that's not very many after all. I see many more trips in my future. ;)

Disney Mommy 3
10-17-2009, 06:38 PM
OOOHHHHH yeah girl!! A trip for every resort...or two..we did a split one year..it wasn't as hard packing it all up to move as i thought it was gonna be....we did CR and GF. I gotta tell ya....the room we got at the GF wasn't any better quality wise than the BC!!!! I am sure the top dollar rooms at GF are way better as far as views... but I really like the BC better!!! So, add the Poly to that and that's the Deluxes we have stayed in... I do like watching the EWP and the fireworks from the CR...it's wonderful!!!!!

jordanyosh
10-17-2009, 06:48 PM
Beach Club:love::love::love:

Disney Mommy 3
10-19-2009, 11:48 AM
Hello all!!! I promise I am gonna do my next day soon!! We had company most of the weekend....and the weather here is soooo awesome we have stayed outside!!! The kids haven't done school today either...yet! We laid out on the swing and read a book!!! So...that counts!!! We will do school later...when it's warmed up and they are tired of being out.SO!!!! The PTR has been on the back burner!!!! My friend Shelly is leaving for Disney in just a few weeks...and I am right behind her! So...she was talking about having all her food packed today.....I haven't bought any yet:scared1:
I like to buy a little at a time so it doens't seem so much. I am gonna make a list today of stuff I need from Wal-Mart, and try to buy a few things each trip. Whatever else is needed by my packing deadline I will just buy all at once. Another list for me to work on:cutie: I am a list lover...can you tell?
Every year, I ship toiletries and food down in 2 boxes.....I am considering just doing it in a suitcase this year and paying the $25 luggage fee........only thing I will leave out is bottles of water.....we may just go buy them somewhere....have to think on this for a while.Weigh my options!!
Once Halloween weekend is here, we will be quite busy until time to go...so I really need to get my ducks in a row this week!!! Mary Poppins on Broadway Across America is starting next weekend in Houston...Hopefully we can do it next weekend!!!! I can't wait!!! But, it'll only be for a couple of weeks here, so we gotta get there as soon as we can...or we will miss it. The kids (&Mike!) are kinda iffy...they really didn't enjoy the Phantom of the Opera..but I know they will love MP!!! so...that's what we are working on this week....
Plan MP in Houston
Start kids Countdown calendar
start packing list for food and buying it!
final payment due Wed!!:yay:
Airfare (Nope..still haven't got it yet!!!:scared1:)
Work on Master planning list-check for changes/add any new stuff
Find extra memory stick for camera!!!
I am sure there is more stuff! But..that'll keep me busy this week!!!!! So..park day update coming soon!!!!

jordanyosh
10-19-2009, 11:53 AM
no airfare yet? okay NOW you have to freaking out a bit.....

Dancegrl624
10-19-2009, 03:15 PM
You should order a case of water from Costco online. That's what we did for our last trip and it worked out great. I think I ordered it maybe 3-5 days before we left and it was waiting for us when we checked in! It was a good price too.

jenjolt
10-19-2009, 03:43 PM
OOH I'm so glad you guys are getting some great weather!!! It's COLD here...well Cold in my terms but I know you would understand!!!

OOOH Mary Poppins is traveling around the country...I didn't know that I'm going to have to see if she is coming to my area and if I can still get tickets!!

WOW no airfare yet...I hope you are waiting on a great deal LOL!!! I'm sure everything will work out and soon you guys will be in the happiest place on Earth!!

I'm really excited and can't wait to get back in January!

Mndisneygirl
10-19-2009, 08:08 PM
We went to see Mary Poppins in Mpls and took the girls in Sept. It was FABULOUS!! The kids really liked it, although DD8 was a little antsy sitting that long. The woman playing MP was the one who originated it on Broadway and was wonderful. It's a bit different from the movie, but not so much that you can't keep up.

DH and I saw 101 Dalmations last night. It was great too - lots of kids there. But we didn't get tickets for our kids. We have season tickets to the Broadway Across America and it was getting expensive. Cruella de Vil was amazing!! Just wonderful. They even had some real dalmations do a couple parts at the end of each act. They were all rescue dogs from shelters. There were 8 kids in the cast - probably about 10 -12 years old. Very good and talented.

Oh - the lists!! Shawna, I've so got to get going too! I started a list and most of the stuff on it was cruise-related!
On a much better note -
I paid in full today!!! Whew. One very important thing to cross of the list. "Pay for WDW" Check!

Disney Mommy 3
10-19-2009, 09:28 PM
Jordan~ we are waiting for those rates to drop one more time!! Should get that this week!!:thumbsup2

Meghan~ Thanks for the tip..I will check into that!

Jen~ Girl!!! How are you?!!! haven't seen you in a while!!! I know this weather is unbelievable!! Great until tomorrow...it's gonna be back in the 80s! YUCK!!!

Sheree~ Yeah..I loooooove MP...I wouldn't care who was in it!:laughing: I gotta pay our balance today too!!! That's what I came on here to do & got on here first!!! That of course will add more points to our card for flyer miles!!:laughing:

Disney Mommy 3
10-19-2009, 09:47 PM
Day 5 Thurs Dec 10

Okay!!! Ready for the next day? Well...since it is Christmas....we are debating on the MVMCP this year. I really wanted to wait until closer to time to check the way-of-the-weather!!! And if it sells out by then...do we really want to be there with that many people? Probably!! That's what my dh would say!! So...we are still riding the fence on that one. Either way...today is scheduled for down time. If it's warm.. Mike will take the kids swimming & I will take the laundry to be washed:laundy: With 5 people & 5 days of clothes...that's gonna take some time!!! I usually take a book or something to read... but if it's really pretty, I will probably hang out with the kids by the pool for a bit. We will do a lunch at the resort...if it's really yucky weather..we will let the kids do the arcade at the CR.Laundry is my main concern at this point of the day!!! I am sure we will sleep in a bit too!!!
I have us scheduled to eat at Tonys around 5:30.... I keep trying to change this...I wanted to eat or have ressies more like 4:30 or 4:45...that way we can get stuff done before the parades and shows start. The castle getting the lights turned on was something I really wanted to see....and I think it's about 5:45!!! I could change it to lunch and we could leave and come back...but I think that would be too much of a hassle!!!! So...I will just try to get it earlier. So...if we definitely do the Party...we will be out LATE tonight!!!!!! But it'll be fun!!! My kids love the cocoa and cookies you get at certain points. I just love watching them!!! They are a hoot!!!
But... whatever we do...today will be a day to just hang around and really rest...getting that laundry done will be a big relief for me. I bring a pop-up hamper (DIS-idea that I absolutely love!) and by the 5th day it's flowing over. But...that goes along with my compulsion to take care of things... I feel like I am really getting things accomplished by cleaning all that laundry and folding it back neatly!!! Just a thing I have! Well....I will let you know if we decide to do that party or not. I had considered doing it on the 6th...our first full day...but we are doing RD and that will be tooooo long of a first day.So...I think we will stick with that Thursday if we do it.

Momof2Disneyboys
10-20-2009, 10:00 AM
Day 5 sounds wonderfully relaxing! :cloud9:

Hope you can get an earlier ADR. Keep trying! :wizard:

Disney Mommy 3
10-20-2009, 10:27 AM
since we are right at 45 days.. I am gonna check later and see if anyone has cancelled for Tonys or Le Cellier at this point. If not...we will just stick with not getting Le Cellier...I may just do something other than Tonys...that time is just not right. It was all they had at that time, but I will check into it more later.
Right now..... I am getting the kids going with school...trying to get the big stuff out of the way for the day...I have a Drs appt right after lunch...yes, it's the dreaded appt.:sad2: And then I have to get right back to take DS10 to the Dr...he woke up with almost a 100 degree temp this morning. I am hoping it's just sinus because he had a sore throat yesterday and he is mighty stopped up today. Keeps blowing his little nose...his cheeks are sooooo red!
I keep trying to pay my balance on line....it's due tomorrow...but they keep saying the system is down... I guess I will have to call... I didn't want to get hung up on hold with all this I got going on today!! Oh well!!!!! I am busy today that's for sure!!!!!

mandy2012
10-20-2009, 11:05 AM
If you go on the 6th, you might see me there :santa:

Mndisneygirl
10-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Look for me on the 6th!!! We have our tickets too.
:santa:

Northern Disney Girl
10-20-2009, 09:21 PM
Shawna - that plan for day 5 looks so nice and relaxing! :cloud9: If we had been able to take just one more day, I would totally have scheduled a rest day! Keep checking on those ADRs, you never know when someone might change or cancel their plans! :)

Disney Mommy 3
10-20-2009, 09:33 PM
Hello!! We did go to the Dr. today and it is a sinus infection...he got an antibiotic and we have to do mucinex and tylenol too. So...he will be on the mend soon!! Got that account paid in full today!!!!!

Mndisneygirl
10-20-2009, 09:52 PM
Glad to hear your DS is doing better and you figured out what he had. Hope your appt. was a-ok too. I have been battling sinus headaches the last few days. People say it's the change in barometric pressure. It did start raining today. Maybe I'll have to research that theory!

Disney Mommy 3
10-20-2009, 10:15 PM
Sheree~ I believe that is soooo true!! When we have sudden weather changes or a hurricane where the barometric pressure drops quickly...I always get a headache!

Disney Mommy 3
10-21-2009, 09:27 AM
45 days:yay::cheer2:

Woo Hoo!!! Well, I got my ressie paid in full yesterday...the online thing finally picked it up!!! I am soooooo missing my ticker!!!! Poor Tink was soooo far!!! I guess I will have to make a new one!! I really didn't want too, though. The kids picked that one out and they were so excited watching Tink move all the way over. I asked on the Tech board..no one answered with an actual answer...only that they knew the site had trouble. Mickey Path says they are having trouble but will fix it ASAP....not sure what the time is for that...it's already been a few days!!! So... if it's not fixed by tonight, I guess I will make a new one.YUCK....

mickeystoontown
10-21-2009, 09:47 AM
45 days:yay::cheer2:

Woo Hoo!!! Well, I got my ressie paid in full yesterday...the online thing finally picked it up!!! I am soooooo missing my ticker!!!! Poor Tink was soooo far!!! I guess I will have to make a new one!! I really didn't want too, though. The kids picked that one out and they were so excited watching Tink move all the way over. I asked on the Tech board..no one answered with an actual answer...only that they knew the site had trouble. Mickey Path says they are having trouble but will fix it ASAP....not sure what the time is for that...it's already been a few days!!! So... if it's not fixed by tonight, I guess I will make a new one.YUCK....

Congrats! I always get all tingly instide when I know the vacation is paid in full!

Momof2Disneyboys
10-21-2009, 10:46 AM
Congrats on 45 days and being paid in full!! :cool1:

I gave up on the ticker this morning and made a new one! :thumbsup2

Happydog
10-21-2009, 04:43 PM
Oh hi there! I just wanted to say I have been reading your PTR and since we have a December trip too, it is fun to read the plans other people have laid! Looks like a great trip!! :thumbsup2

jordanyosh
10-21-2009, 04:50 PM
Congrats on getting paid off!

I hope the mickeypath issue gets fixed soon. Alot of people use them.

Disney Mommy 3
10-21-2009, 06:24 PM
Congrats! I always get all tingly instide when I know the vacation is paid in full!
Isn't it wonderful!!!
Congrats on 45 days and being paid in full!! :cool1:

I gave up on the ticker this morning and made a new one! :thumbsup2
I guess I will make a new one tonight...I am soooo tired of waiting...they may not ever fix it!! They aren't responding to inquiries very well!
Oh hi there! I just wanted to say I have been reading your PTR and since we have a December trip too, it is fun to read the plans other people have laid! Looks like a great trip!! :thumbsup2
Thanks! When are you going?
Congrats on getting paid off!

I hope the mickeypath issue gets fixed soon. Alot of people use them.
I am glad I can mark this off the list!!! I wish they would fix it...but I don't know!

Monny2AE
10-21-2009, 07:23 PM
Hooray for 45 and paid in full!!!!! :cool1:

I gave up on the ticker and just made a new one. I need to see that baby hit 3 months soon! Didn't want to miss it! ;)

Disney Mommy 3
10-21-2009, 08:21 PM
Okay...I broke down and got a new ticker!!!!! Hallelujah!!!! I can now look at some progress!!!!

jordanyosh
10-21-2009, 08:35 PM
Okay...I broke down and got a new ticker!!!!! Hallelujah!!!! I can now look at some progress!!!!

Nice new ticker. If you can't have Tink, Santa Mickey is a nice substitute.

Disney Mommy 3
10-21-2009, 09:56 PM
ha!!! That's what I thought too!!! Ds10 helped me pick this one...we had to play hookie from church tonight due to his sinus infection(Not contagious...just wore out!!)...so we had some Dis time....as we are watching MythBusters repeatedly.....he's my Science dude!!!:teacher:

Monny2AE
10-22-2009, 08:45 AM
I love the snowflakes in your ticker! Too Cute!!!! :goodvibes
ha!!! That's what I thought too!!! Ds10 helped me pick this one...we had to play hookie from church tonight due to his sinus infection(Not contagious...just wore out!!)...so we had some Dis time....as we are watching MythBusters repeatedly.....he's my Science dude!!!:teacher:

We love Mythbusters here too. I just have to remind DH that it specifically states NOT to try any of these things at home. :lmao:

Momof2Disneyboys
10-22-2009, 09:25 AM
Love the new ticker!! :santa::thumbsup2 I almost picked that one, but thought I wasn't going close enough to Christmas to use it.

Disney Mommy 3
10-22-2009, 08:01 PM
Thanks Kim! Shelly~ I love yours too~ It looks sooooo happy!! But.. I thought mine should be a little more seasonal....since Mike specifically wants to go at Christmas!!!!!

Disney Mommy 3
10-23-2009, 09:06 AM
Okay...got loooooots to plan over the next few weeks...so you lucky people get to read my journaling! I have to write all this out to keep it straight...so I thought I would give you a peek into my little world over the next few weeks.
Tomorrow I think we are going to Houston to see Mary Poppins on Broadway!!!! Can't wait.....Sunday, church and a nap!
This week....work on finishing Christmas shopping and planning/packing lists for Disney. Friday night kids have a friends bday party..sat Halloween..our neighborhood and our church. Sunday....church and a nap! Here it's Nov1 ...can you believe it? And for those of you who do it...we'll have those clox set back an hour!!!
First two weeks of Nov: haircut and highlights:goodvibes-
menu/groceries for Thanksgiving(as much as can be bought as this point)
list of friends getting a tin of Christmas goodies (This year we are nixing the cookies..doing Chex Party Mixes instead and fudge...kids will loooove this..easier for them to help do).
Baking supplies for this and the tins.
Put up outside Christmas lights (not turning on...just finding a good pretty day to work on it)
Put up tree...probably weekend of the 15th.
By the end of the week (20th) finish school...for those who don't remember, we hs...so I gotta get their first semester finished:teacher:
Weekend of Nov 22 Mike is preaching at my mom's church...so, gotta clean house, pack and board the dog Friday..head out...it's only 3 hours away, so it's not too bad.
Monday...YUCK..unpack,laundry head to Wal-Mart for any groceries that are last minute. Tues/Wed....cook ahead as much as possible.
Thursday...the family descends....:laughing: hopefully it'll be a great day and everyone will get along.
Friday...My mom's birthday.
Sat...probably doing my son's bday today...his is actually the next Friday...the 4th..but we are leaving Sat for Disney..so that ain't working out!

Monday the 30th....recoop from weekend and start preparing to leave!!!!Will have all gifts wrapped and under the tree.Keeping up with the laundry at this point is a must....we can't pack all our clothes because we will be wearing them. It's not toooo much of a climate change from here to WDW. today or tomorrow...mail out Christmas cards.
Thur. the 3rd dd has a Christmas parade with her ballet class...unless the weather is too chilly...not wanting her to get sick before we leave.
Friday---my baby is gonna be 14!!!!! YIKES:scared1: How does that happen? We will go eat whereever he wants tonight......
Also, board dog.......go over lists for the millionth time......pack backpacks, luggage, all that should be done around Wednesday...but double checking. Paper work.....garbage out...gas up suburban...all that good stuff.
Sudafed at dinner!! ha!!!!!! I never sleep the night before...but that is sounding soooo good to me!!
Sat..up at 5 and out the door by 6...no later!!!
VACATION!!!!:yay::yay::yay:
Yikes....I knew it was a lot, but putting on here makes me tired!!!!! It'll get done...it always does!!! On that note...I gotta get up and busy!!!! Have a blessed Friday and an awesome weekend!!!

Northern Disney Girl
10-23-2009, 09:39 AM
:lmao: Holy Moly Shawna! :thumbsup2 You have got it goin' on girl! :worship: I only wish I could be that organized! :laughing: You da woman! :cool1: I love to make lists but half the time they just end up unused! You go girl! :hug:

Momof2Disneyboys
10-23-2009, 10:32 AM
WOW you are organized! :thumbsup2

Your list looks like mine. Something going on just about everyday right up until vacation! :upsidedow

Monny2AE
10-23-2009, 12:43 PM
Shawna you are welcome ANY time to come to my house and organize my life! :lmao: I'm a list girl too. :thumbsup2 I need to get some lists made soon...I'm feeling very unprepared after reading yours! :laughing:

Disney Mommy 3
10-23-2009, 03:36 PM
:lmao: Holy Moly Shawna! :thumbsup2 You have got it goin' on girl! :worship: I only wish I could be that organized! :laughing: You da woman! :cool1: I love to make lists but half the time they just end up unused! You go girl! :hug:

WOW you are organized! :thumbsup2

Your list looks like mine. Something going on just about everyday right up until vacation! :upsidedow

Shawna you are welcome ANY time to come to my house and organize my life! :lmao: I'm a list girl too. :thumbsup2 I need to get some lists made soon...I'm feeling very unprepared after reading yours! :laughing:

Thanks ladies!!! I am a natural organizer....used to organize my friends' notebooks every time they were due in school!!! Ha!!! I have people tell Mike all the time he is sooooo organized....:rolleyes:it's taken him 15 years! He is getting better and I am proud of him! He would be crazy if he was as unorganized now as he was when we met!!! My kids are all organizers too:lmao:
Do ya'll see why I really didn't want to go to Disney in December? Just soooo much going on! But...I will get it done!! Forgot to add this morning that we needed new jeans and tennis shoes for the kids!! Got dd shoes, and dd#2 jeans today!! Will get ds#1 more jeans next week...he skipped out and went to the office with Dad...so I didn't burden myself with getting jeans that might have to be returned anyway!!!!Now...gotta think about what to cook for supper and hopefully NOT have to run to the little grocery store.:scared1:
Our school traffic is horrible....still waiting on Mike to make sure how many of us are going to MP tomorrow....I know the younger 2 wanna go with me, not sure if the 2 BIG boys are gonna make it...they are soooo gonna miss out!!!

floridascgirl
10-23-2009, 06:56 PM
Good Lord, Shawna...you are stressing me out. :eek: We leave on 12/3, so I better get busy!!!

Mndisneygirl
10-24-2009, 10:20 AM
Wow! Woman, I envy your organization! I used to think I was organized, then I had kids, then they started school. I have a neighbor who is like you - totally on top of everything. Except when she was pregnant - baby brain hit. Then I realized she was human! :laughing:

I have to get going on lists. I know we will get all our decorations up before we leave. The house lights are harder - we've had snow and rain and frost and this year DH wants to change things. We had red, white and blue for years on the house lights, but then a couple years ago went all white. This year he wants to do colored. So he changes the bulbs! Crazy man. It's hard to find a day to get on the roof. He works M - Sat. and it starts getting dark so much earlier!
I don't know about getting all the presents wrapped ahead of time - I'll be lucky to have them bought! It would probably help if I could decide what to get the girls! Other gifts are easier - not too many. And some are coming from WDW!
Okay, I better go make some lists! Apparently I don't have enough. ;)

Disney Mommy 3
10-24-2009, 11:32 AM
Good Lord, Shawna...you are stressing me out. :eek: We leave on 12/3, so I better get busy!!!

Oh no! Don't be stressed..just copy my lists!!!LOL
Wow! Woman, I envy your organization! I used to think I was organized, then I had kids, then they started school. I have a neighbor who is like you - totally on top of everything. Except when she was pregnant - baby brain hit. Then I realized she was human! :laughing:

I have to get going on lists. I know we will get all our decorations up before we leave. The house lights are harder - we've had snow and rain and frost and this year DH wants to change things. We had red, white and blue for years on the house lights, but then a couple years ago went all white. This year he wants to do colored. So he changes the bulbs! Crazy man. It's hard to find a day to get on the roof. He works M - Sat. and it starts getting dark so much earlier!
I don't know about getting all the presents wrapped ahead of time - I'll be lucky to have them bought! It would probably help if I could decide what to get the girls! Other gifts are easier - not too many. And some are coming from WDW!
Okay, I better go make some lists! Apparently I don't have enough. ;)

I forgot lots of stuff when I was pregnant too.....
We do our lights early because we just have too many days that are wet when he has time on the weekends to do it..now we just do it early and have them up and ready as soon as it's early November.
As far as Christmas gifts... I thought you were pretty settled on what they were getting that wasn't from Disney already? Hop to it girl!!!

Disney Mommy 3
10-24-2009, 11:56 AM
Wanted to say that No, we won't be going to see Mary Poppins today!! So..since i am home.. I will maybe work on my Christmas baking list....so..that's a bit I can 'check off' my to-dos!!! Okay..off to get my girlie a popsicle!!!

Disney Mommy 3
10-24-2009, 01:10 PM
Just wanted to tell you that I just posted an awesome Peanut Butter Fudge recipe over on my Christmas Shopping thread...it is soooo good. It's what I use for my Christmas tins for our friends!!! Thought you might be interested!!

Disney Mommy 3
10-24-2009, 02:59 PM
Just realized where I am at today:

6 WEEKS:yay::cheer2: :jumping1:

floridascgirl
10-24-2009, 06:15 PM
Shawna...I followed your link for the fudge. I love, love, love the pioneer woman website. I'm definitely going to make some of the Chex Mix for my co-workers during the holidays. Who doesn't love it...right? I also scrolled down through the comments and came across the Curried Chex Mix with Wasabi peas. It's the perfect mix for my dad. My parents will be joining us for one night in Dec. at AKL, so I'm going to make a batch for them to snack on in their room. I appreciate all of your posts and inspiration!

Disney Mommy 3
10-24-2009, 09:29 PM
I love that fudge! It was from a family friend...her daughter doesn't cook, so she said she would give the good recipes to me!!!! I need to check out that Pioneer woman...it sounds awesome!!! I have never had Wasabi peas. What are they exactly...what do they taste like..? Your co-workers will love the chex mix!!
Do any of you know where the best place is to get small baggies with cute twist ties for my Shex Mix Gifts? Not Ziplock..the taller ones that are open on the top...maybe Michaels or Hobby Lobby, or Party City? Is that where ya'll get yours? Since I have always done cookies/fudge, we just wrapped them in Saran or Holiday printed Ziplocks...

Happydog
10-24-2009, 09:32 PM
Thanks! When are you going?

We are there Dec 20 - 27th. Really getting excited now :) As are you, judging from all your plans!!! ;)

I am reading right now :thumbsup2

Happydog
10-24-2009, 09:39 PM
Wow you do plan ahead!!! ;)

Do you put your Christmas tree up before Thanksgiving? I wish I could get away with that in my house! But the day AFTER Thanksgiving look out!

Have a great rest of your weekend, hope you get to see Mary Poppins -- it is a great show!
:thumbsup2

Disney Mommy 3
10-24-2009, 09:54 PM
Happydog~ I didn't get to do MP this weekend...Thank goodness I didn't buy the tickets!! DD is sick!!!:sick: I think she'll be better tomorrow...but, trying to keep the menu pretty plain and boring today!!!
I do put our tree up early..last year it was the week of Thanksgiving-this year might even be a week earlier....My hubby is a Christmas fanatic..so it's never too early for him...plus we have so much going on..I want to do it before so I can focus on Thanksgiving dinner, my mom and my sons birthday, and then I will be packing....Just trying to make it easier on me!!!!!!:rotfl:

floridascgirl
10-25-2009, 11:20 AM
I love that fudge! It was from a family friend...her daughter doesn't cook, so she said she would give the good recipes to me!!!! I need to check out that Pioneer woman...it sounds awesome!!! I have never had Wasabi peas. What are they exactly...what do they taste like..? Your co-workers will love the chex mix!!
Do any of you know where the best place is to get small baggies with cute twist ties for my Shex Mix Gifts? Not Ziplock..the taller ones that are open on the top...maybe Michaels or Hobby Lobby, or Party City? Is that where ya'll get yours? Since I have always done cookies/fudge, we just wrapped them in Saran or Holiday printed Ziplocks...

Wasabi peas are hot (not too hot), just like the plop of green stuff that you get in the pre-packaged sushi...it's the horseradish that makes them hot.

I usually get the bags at a party store, but I think they have them at Target, as well...maybe even Dollar Tree. :confused:

Disney Mommy 3
10-26-2009, 09:32 PM
Day 6 Fri Dec 12

Okay,...I have neglected my poor PTR this week 'cuz 2 outta 3 kids have been sick...so...onto Friday!!! If we went to MVMCP on Thursday..this will be a sleep lllllaaaaaattttteeee day!!!!! Today is a free day sort of..... we have dinner ressies at Garden Grill over at Epcot this evening...so I think today we'll just see what we want to do..maybe hit Hollywood again, maybe swim, maybe tour more of Epcot. I know at some point kids are gonna start wanting souvies...by now we start looking out seriously!!!!!
I don't know if we will buy them today or not....just have to wait and see!!! Probably tomorrow on the shopping...we like to do DTD, so we may not make it over there today. But...I know we are gonna have fun today no matter what! We are at the Happiest Place on Earth, right?:wizard::cloud9:
So....Today and Thursday I plan on really getting some rest in! Of course, at any point in this trip if the weather doesn't cooperate...I have some breathing room to mix it up! I would like to tour a few resorts....maybe today is a good day to ride the 'rail!!!

Momof2Disneyboys
10-27-2009, 09:16 AM
I love your nice relaxing (but fun) days you have planned!! :cloud9::cool1:

Hope the kids are feeling better today!

Northern Disney Girl
10-27-2009, 09:51 AM
Day 6 looks real nice Shawna! I envy very much your laid back style! :) I just have to see and do every little thing and sleeping in on vacation (esp @ WDW) makes me feel like I am constantly late for something or that I am missing out on doing something really important! Man oh man, am I ever starting to sound like a commando! :lmao:

mIcKeY_mOmMy
10-27-2009, 07:36 PM
Hi! Just found your ptr. I'm subscribing also. I'll be in wdw with my family dec 5-11! yay! We always went in June so I'm excited about Dec too!

Disney Mommy 3
10-27-2009, 08:52 PM
I love your nice relaxing (but fun) days you have planned!! :cloud9::cool1:

Hope the kids are feeling better today!

Well,,,we were better, but DS13 had to go to the Dr today..he had a fever and now he is starting a sinus infection...got him some Antibiotics and he went to bed early..maybe he will be not sooooo tired tomorrow!Day 6 looks real nice Shawna! I envy very much your laid back style! :) I just have to see and do every little thing and sleeping in on vacation (esp @ WDW) makes me feel like I am constantly late for something or that I am missing out on doing something really important! Man oh man, am I ever starting to sound like a commando! :lmao:
I have always been like that too....but I am tired of coming home tired!!! It works out if I get at least one day(maybe 2) for us to just do a lot of nothing!!!Hi! Just found your ptr. I'm subscribing also. I'll be in wdw with my family dec 5-11! yay! We always went in June so I'm excited about Dec too!
Glad to have you!!!!! Hang with me!! How fun that we will be there together!!! You are gonna looooove December!!!!

Disney Mommy 3
10-27-2009, 09:16 PM
Well, good news fellow readers! Guess what we got tonight? AIRFARE!!!!:yay: I know some of you have been biting your nails over this...but we got a good price...they had went up to $298 each RT....we got them tonight for $214!!!! Which of course meant they used up less flyer miles!! We are soooo excited! I was glad to get the exact times we wanted also...somedays they weren't advertising the return flight we needed! We wanted a late afternoon so we could do the MK one last time. But...they had it & we got it!!!! Hallelujah!!!!

Northern Disney Girl
10-27-2009, 09:20 PM
Oh whew! Now I can go to sleep tonite and not worry! ;) I am so glad that you finally got your airfare! :thumbsup2 I WAS beginning to feel a teensy bit worried! Glad it all worked out so well for you! :goodvibes What times are your flights?

jordanyosh
10-27-2009, 09:20 PM
Well, good news fellow readers! Guess what we got tonight? AIRFARE!!!!:yay: I know some of you have been biting your nails over this...but we got a good price...they had went up to $298 each RT....we got them tonight for $214!!!! Which of course meant they used up less flyer miles!! We are soooo excited! I was glad to get the exact times we wanted also...somedays they weren't advertising the return flight we needed! We wanted a late afternoon so we could do the MK one last time. But...they had it & we got it!!!! Hallelujah!!!!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: Congrats

Good to know that sometimes there are good airfares late in the game. My cousin is waiting and hoping fares go down. They are about 490 R/T right now:scared1:

Day 6 looks so relaxing...

Disney Mommy 3
10-27-2009, 09:30 PM
Hey ya'll!!! Yeah...I was wondering how long dh was gonna wait!!! I told him he had to get it this week no matter what price!
We are leaving out at 9 the first day...so we oughtta get into Orlando around 12---on the day home we leave at 6....so we will probably hop on the ME around 3......
Kim~ I just posted on your FB. I feel the same way today...I had to take my older son to get new jeans...he wasn't with me when I got the other two jeans last week. Had some returns, some errands, and tons of laundry..and had to take DS13 to the Dr...so that was around an hour of not really doing anything! I am just tired now! I think tomorrow will be better:) Oh, I also had to take ds10 and his new jeans to the alteration lady...they always have to be hemmed quite a bit.So...that was a good thing to check off the list!! I guess I got a few more things done than I thought I did! I might go ahead and post our next day.......

Disney Mommy 3
10-27-2009, 09:43 PM
Day 7 Sat Dec 13

Well...this morning we are gonna start off with breakfast at Chef Mickey's!! I think....LOL... we have been here before and it was soooo crazy in there! As soon as we left, the kids wanted to know what could we go eat! They are so hyped up they don't eat much of anything. But, I went ahead and got ressies for around 9. We can always change our minds;)
Well, today is gonna be for making sure we got all the souvies we REALLY wanted. This is a bitter sweet day...we know buying goodies marks the end of a fabulous vacation...but we get a new little something to bring home!! I don't know where else we are going to eat today..I am sure by the middle of the week we will have decided...but I like to leave some time open in case we had to miss something or just had an urge to go back to a favorite place. I know we will be going to DTD...the kids love to shop over there. And I know we gotta hit Lego world one more time!!!
Of course...I am the :laundy:Queen...so I will do all the rest of the laundry tonight and pack up as much as I can. I am thinking we may do Epcot too if we get a chance. I read a thing yesterday that said to avoid Epcot on Friday..which is where we had dinner planned...so I may switch it around...have to wait and see!!!!

Pluto_fan
10-28-2009, 04:47 AM
:banana::banana: YEA for getting airline reservations! :banana::banana:

Momof2Disneyboys
10-28-2009, 09:05 AM
YAY ~ Congrats on getting airfare!!! :cool1:

Disney Mommy 3
10-28-2009, 10:30 AM
I called this morning and gave them my info for my ME stuff.She said my paper work should come some time this week since my balance is paid off!! Woo Hoo!!! Got two sick kids today!!! DS10 is running fever again....I guess he maybe relapsing? And DS13 is running fever still from yesterday and is coughing...come on meds--kick in!!! I feel a headache...ds10 has one too...boy, what a day this is already! Well, we just gotta pray and plow through it!!!!

Mndisneygirl
10-28-2009, 11:37 AM
OOOH that means my stuff should be coming soon too! I love that I can just shadow you Shawna!! :hug:

I finally emailed the itinerary of events and ADRs to my SILs. One responded that it looked good to her and thanked me for my amazing efforts (okay, I added the amazing!) I'm glad since they all said - do whatever you think. Made me so nervous!! Of course, I started by saying, you don't have to do what I'm planning ...

Hope the kiddos get better soon - in my world, meds are a good thing!! My girls are coughing their heads off still (about 5 days) but no fevers. Whew! Now DH is coughing! I'm thinking about getting a hotel room for a few days! :laughing:

Momof2Disneyboys
10-28-2009, 11:45 AM
Hope the kiddos get better soon - in my world, meds are a good thing!! My girls are coughing their heads off still (about 5 days) but no fevers. Whew! Now DH is coughing! I'm thinking about getting a hotel room for a few days! :laughing:

Sounds like my house. The boys have been coughing for about a week and a half (no fevers :wizard:). Then last night DH didn't feel so well. I gave him some meds and sent him to bed at 8:30!

I told them - I'm the only healthy one and watch I'll be the one who ends up sick right before vacation. :sad2:

Mndisneygirl
10-28-2009, 11:46 AM
Sounds like my house. The boys have been coughing for about a week and a half (no fevers :wizard:). Then last night DH didn't feel so well. I gave him some meds and sent him to bed at 8:30!

I told them - I'm the only healthy one and watch I'll be the one who ends up sick right before vacation. :sad2:

That's my fear too! I would just as soon all get sick now and get it over with. But knowing me, it would be lingering all the way through vacation! Stay healthy!!!!

Disney Mommy 3
10-28-2009, 12:55 PM
OOOH that means my stuff should be coming soon too! I love that I can just shadow you Shawna!! :hug:I finally emailed the itinerary of events and ADRs to my SILs. One responded that it looked good to her and thanked me for my amazing efforts (okay, I added the amazing!) I'm glad since they all said - do whatever you think. Made me so nervous!! Of course, I started by saying, you don't have to do what I'm planning ...

Me too!!! I guess this is what having sisters is like!!! Ha!! I know...we can NOT afford for the moms to get sick!!!!Sounds like my house. The boys have been coughing for about a week and a half (no fevers :wizard:). Then last night DH didn't feel so well. I gave him some meds and sent him to bed at 8:30!

Hopefully they will get it over with now and be great for the trip!! lots of Flintstone vitamins girl!!! Ha!!!!!
*Medical update...took ds10 back to the Dr about an hour ago...he was running 101 & he is still on antibiotics from last week... and he does have the flu...thought so, but you wanna make sure!! Now ds13 is running 102...but he doesn't have flu symptoms..maybe his is still just the sinus thing....Hate it that they feel so yucky!!! For ds10,we didn't do the Tamiflu...I don't like Rx unless I have to,especially with the kids...so we are just doing lots of liquids and Ibuprofin......poor little guy...he threw up in the exam room...thank goodness they had a sink. When the NP came back, he said " good job"-to him for hitting the sink! And good job to me..he said, You are good at this.. I said , well you know when you get kids you are automatically qualified for the medical field!! I did want to be a nurse....if I could go back to school for anything that would be my first choice...my ds10 said in the car...Mom, you should be a dr or something, you are so smart and you are good at it. Isn't he sweet!!!!???

mIcKeY_mOmMy
10-28-2009, 05:18 PM
Yay that your stuff is coming this week :yay::yay::yay: that means that mine should be coming as well. Great ptr so far!
~susan

Happydog
10-28-2009, 09:03 PM
Happydog~ I didn't get to do MP this weekend...Thank goodness I didn't buy the tickets!! DD is sick!!!:sick: I think she'll be better tomorrow...but, trying to keep the menu pretty plain and boring today!!!
I do put our tree up early..last year it was the week of Thanksgiving-this year might even be a week earlier....My hubby is a Christmas fanatic..so it's never too early for him...plus we have so much going on..I want to do it before so I can focus on Thanksgiving dinner, my mom and my sons birthday, and then I will be packing....Just trying to make it easier on me!!!!!!:rotfl:

Oh I saw from your post! Well I am sure you will get a chance to go another time, but that is amazing about the Christmas tree! We do put it up the week after Thanksgiving -- I agree that it is a lot of work and it should be enjoyed! :goodvibes

Disney Mommy 3
10-28-2009, 09:17 PM
Okay,...well, DS10 has a fever of almost 103 and ds13 is almost 104!!!!! We just took Ibuprofen and our next dose of meds....so, I think we are ok now...Actually I gave it to them about an hour ago...they are feeling a bit cooler...they are watching My Favorite Martian on the Hallmark Channel and are laughing so, I guess they are better...just a bit any way!!! Needless to say..except for scouring bathrooms, and washing sheets...I haven't got much accomplished today! LOL...well Daddy is home from church(he took dd)...so I can get some relief! Even just momentarily....

belle8306
10-28-2009, 09:37 PM
I am enjoying your PTR. I hope that your family is on the mend and feeling better soon! I looking forward to reading more!:)

Disney Mommy 3
10-29-2009, 09:04 AM
Day 2 of headaches and high fevers...... of course, sleep at night is not happening...a couple of hours here and there and then they are up. I think they are just soooo miserable...poor things. I am guessing DS13 has the flu too---starting a tad bit of a headache and that high fever...never had a fever like this with sinus before(which is what he had Tues.). But, no body aches or anything,,, so I dont' know...wondered if I should take him back just to have a flu swab...but he said he feels too bad to go anywhere...we are already taking Ibuprofen....that's all they are gonna tell me anyway. So...we will just hang tight and see! I know they are miserable,,,but there is not too much I can do besides make them drink a lot and keep them cool. GEEZ!!! Plus the rain is coming down in buckets and it's HUMID!!! Cold weather coming again...we were back up hot the last two days.......

Momof2Disneyboys
10-29-2009, 09:20 AM
I'm sorry the kids are feeling so crappy. :hug: Hang in there. I know it's rough on mom when the kids are sick. You should all try to get a good nap in today!

Disney Mommy 3
10-29-2009, 09:30 AM
Thank you Shelly dear!! I will be getting naps in today for sure!! What was crazy was the surge of energy I had yesterday to do more cleaning.....hoping I get it today too!!! Right now I am feeling pretty tired! Breakfast might help!! Ha!! I definitely need a cook today...it's not my best area anyway..but today is looking pretty hopeless!!!:lmao:
Well, we are at 37 days today.....that's awesome!!!! But...it's kinda hard to work up the Disney magic:wizard:
I am wondering if DD is getting sick:scared1: She woke up looking 'funny'...you know that look!!!! Well, I am gonna feed her breakfast and get her moving around and see if she looks less sicky! Well, I will be back later with a medical update!! ha!!! It was my goal today to clean out my closet, clean my room and bathroom.....did the kids rooms and bathrooms yesterday. Trying to kill these germs!!!!!! Need to do the closets before vacation too.....but I don't know-it sounds pretty exerting:laughing:

Pluto_fan
10-29-2009, 09:40 AM
Shawna, I hope everyone is feeling better soon! :hug:

Disney Mommy 3
10-29-2009, 11:45 AM
Shawna, I hope everyone is feeling better soon! :hug:

Thanks!! Me too!!! I am kinda feeling weird...lack of sleep and restless because I am going from kid to kid!! And trying to keep those bathrooms clean...my stomach feels 'something'. Kinda tender...wonder if it's from all the cleaner I have inhaled...plus being in the house so long.........not much of an appitite either....I don't feel sick...just weiiiiiird!!!!!

jordanyosh
10-29-2009, 11:50 AM
I hope that the kids feel better. I had 103 in August and body aches, fatigue. It was NOT fun...

Ibuprofun was definitely my friend.

Get rest too!

Disney Mommy 3
10-29-2009, 12:12 PM
dd is asking for a grilled cheese for lunch...I can definitely do that!!!Boys don't want anything, I don't really think I do either...... I am hoping for a good nap here shortly!!! I have been reading the Wind in the Willows to the kids...maybe a few pages of that will knock us out! ha!! It makes me sleepy to read sometimes, so I am bankin' on it!!!! Will check back in with ya'll later! Maybe dh will be home early tonight....my neighbor/ friend asked me if we wanted soup!!! so, maybe tonight or for lunch tomorrow...hopefully by tomorrow they would like that!
Oh...the boys said last night that when they are well and can eat they want to go to Logans for a steak and then to Olive Garden!! ha!!!! They love those places and of course, that's what the commercials have been for 24 hours!!!!!

Mndisneygirl
10-29-2009, 12:20 PM
Shawna - don't try to do too much - you'll end up getting it too! You need to keep your immunity and strength up!
Especially if you haven't slept well.
Hang tough and I hope everyone is feeling better soon!:hug:

Disney Mommy 3
10-29-2009, 02:34 PM
Okay..I read to them for a few minutes then I got soooooo sleepy! Ha! I slept for about an hour...one ds slept with me, the other one couldn't sleep..dd is just trying to stay out of trouble! HA!!! She keeps asking me one million questions... I know she is bored, but DANG!!! I just ate some Candy Corn!! :yay: Gosh, I love that stuff!! I only buy it at Halloween time becuase I can eat the whole bag in not time flat!!!!
Our weather is so weird....the wind is gusting! It looks like it does when a hurricane is coming in..and its cloudy & humid.the water on our pool looks like the surface of the ocean/lake with the wind whipping over it like this...it's pretty...but I hope the cool comes on in so we can lose the muggy feeling.

Disney Mommy 3
10-29-2009, 02:35 PM
I have no idea what happened to that post!! I guess I hit the center right thing or whatever

Disney Mommy 3
10-30-2009, 10:00 AM
Morning everyone! Well, ds10 got up about 15 min ago and said... I don't feel sick anymore. YAY!! Thank the Lord.. He felt soooooo bad every day! So, he took a quick little shower, got dressed and is drinking some juice. He doesn't have fever..but feels a tiny bit clammy. So..he will take it slow today on the food too...he hasn't really eaten since Tues night....
And ds13 is still in bed with fever and a sore throat....I may take him back today...just to get a flu swab and make sure it isn't strep......he doesn't even want to get up and dressed...he hasn't eaten either.....ooohhhh the sicknesses going around right now.:sad2:
Well, I did get airfare this week...but that is all I have done...much too busy taking care of my sick babies!! I do have goals for next week tho!!! Got lots to do!!! I will take ds10 and dd out tomorrow evening to T.oT. for a while...Sun church...and a NAP. Of course, ds13 may still be in the bed, who knows? But...I feel better today...it's amazing what a full nights sleep will do for you!!! Thanks for all your concern this week!!!! Ya'll are awesome!!!! 5 weeks from today we will be boarding our doggie and making sure our lists are all checked off!!! Hopefully we will be getting to bed early...but it's ds13s birthday that day...so we gotta celebrate too!!!!!!!! I can't believe my baby is gonna be 14!!! WEIRD!!!

Momof2Disneyboys
10-30-2009, 10:05 AM
So glad DS10 is feeling better today. Hopefully DS13 will feel the same by tomorrow! :thumbsup2

Disney Mommy 3
10-30-2009, 10:43 AM
Day 8 Dec 13~ Departure

Well, today is our final day!!! We will have to get up and finish our packing.Try to eat any breakfast stuff we have left and double check that nothing is left behind. I will help the kids pack their backpacks..we gotta get ready for the plane ride home. I am sure I will be testy today! I am always sad to leave,,,then I get in a yucky mood! Poor DH! Ha!!!! As usualy, he will see the glass half full(Thankful for an awesome vacation, family time, and time away)...me I will see it both ways!!! Half -empty because we are going home and who knows when we will be back? We always say, we may not come back next year..cause the kids are getting older and want to try some different things.
Anyhoo...we will clear out and bring our luggage to Bell Services...they will hold it till we come back. Today is our last MK day!!! today is suppose to be great for MK crowd wise.... so, we will live it up!!! Have to get a good lunch somewhere....I am sure we are going to be out of credits by now, so this is gonna be out of pocket.. but that's okay.
I think the ME will be there to get us around 3...so, after lunch we will have to go to the candy store!! Then we will mosey around for a bit and start our walk back to the CR. Of course, since it's our last time, we may ride the rail. Either way...if you see me, I'll be the mamma crying while the kids console me and her dh just shakes his head:sad2:
ME will then transport us back to MCO for our departing flight to Houston!!! We should get back to our house by 10. Poor DH...we are gonna sleep late the next day no doubt!!! He will be up and gone by 5! Of course, we may persuade him to stay til at least 8......he is gonna be either wide awake, or a zombie! Ha!!! Well, we will have to get up so I can start back with::laundy: and go pick up :dog: Annie is gonna be so excited to see the kids!!! She will be doing a little :dogdance: HA!!!!
Well, it's back to the real world now!! And the Hustle & Bustle of the Christmas season!!!!!

Disney Mommy 3
10-30-2009, 10:53 AM
So glad DS10 is feeling better today. Hopefully DS13 will feel the same by tomorrow! :thumbsup2

Thanks Shelly!! Me too!! They have a friend who has a bday party this weekend. It's a swim party..their pool is heated. It was scheduled for tonight, but the weather is so bad she moved it to 1 tomorrow. I am not letting the kids go....there is no way they could avoid the temptation to get in with everyone else. DS13 will not be able to anyway with fever, but ds10 I hope just forgets about it! Ha!!! I am really wanting the younger two to be able to go out tomorrow night in their costumes...ds13 (if he loses fever) will be giving out candy at the door for me....We have a thing at our church too. We call it Trunk-or-Treat...people volunteer their cars (trunks) to fill with candy bags and goodies...the kids go around to each vehicle and load up! they will have cokes and nachos...stuff like that. I really wanted to have us all go, but I don't think DS13 is gonna be up for it...so me or dh will just stay here with him. Have to wait and see!! I will put some pics up afterwards for ya'll to look at..they are so cute....DD is gonna be Dorothy.....ds10 is something off of Star Wars...Jango Fett? is that right Shelly? I am not up on all the SW lingo!!! Ha!! They just recently started watching the show...anyway..they are so funny in those costumes!!!
*Do not forget to set your clocks back when you get home from Trick or Treating*!!!! Of course, if you do, Sunday at church it'll dawn on you!!!:lmao:

Momof2Disneyboys
10-30-2009, 10:57 AM
.....ds10 is something off of Star Wars...Jango Fett? is that right Shelly? I am not up on all the SW lingo!!! Ha!! They just recently started watching the show...anyway..they are so funny in those costumes!!!
*Do not forget to set your clocks back when you get home from Trick or Treating*!!!! Of course, if you do, Sunday at church it'll dawn on you!!!:lmao:

That sounds right. I will have one Star Wars guy here too!

We have done that before - forgot to turn the clocks back and been at Church an hour early wondering where everyone is! :confused3:rotfl:

Disney Mommy 3
10-30-2009, 11:00 AM
Of course--it's better to be an hour early, than an hour late!! Then every body knows exactly what you did..or didn't do rather!!! ha!!! I usually do it before we leave to Trick or Treat...if not, we get all hyped up and forget about it! they are not going to go to bed at a decent hour after all that anyway!

Momof2Disneyboys
10-30-2009, 11:03 AM
Of course--it's better to be an hour early, than an hour late!! Then every body knows exactly what you did..or didn't do rather!!! ha!!! I usually do it before we leave to Trick or Treat...if not, we get all hyped up and forget about it! they are not going to go to bed at a decent hour after all that anyway!

Yes, luckily we have never done it in the spring and been an hour late. But we have seen many people do it over the years!

Disney Mommy 3
10-30-2009, 05:27 PM
DS10 is feeling so much better...small bit of appetite..tomatoes & cucumbers for lunch!!!:laughing: And just really tired.
DS13..Dr. said he has Gastro-Intestinal Virus...great. But he gave us Phenagren and he has definitely improved.....he's lost almost 10 #s this week:scared1:
But...I think the little two will be Halloweening!!! Biggun will just hang around and hand out candy here probably.

jordanyosh
10-30-2009, 05:57 PM
glad to hear the boys are on the mend...:thumbsup2

Disney Mommy 3
10-30-2009, 09:39 PM
Thank you!! Me too!!!

Disney Mommy 3
10-31-2009, 09:17 AM
Happy Halloween Everyone!!!!!!

Hope you all have a safe and fun evening..dont forget those clocks tonight!!!!

Disney Mommy 3
10-31-2009, 10:25 AM
Okie dokie kids...Since we are all laying around like bums today... I thought I would tell you what my goal is for today! I worked on the kids closets/rooms right before the plague hit our house....so now it's my turn!!! I want to do my closet and bookcase in my room. We don't have dressers for us...shelves in our closet and my bedroom has a built in Entertainment center with bookcases on the sides, then the bottom half is storage cabinets. LOVE it...we keep board games, stuff like that down there. But...I tend to stick small things in there on one side like cds, or gameboy games I pick up on sale thoughout the year. The kids only look in the game cabinet...anyway... I need to organize that, and go through my closet.
I am soooo bad about wearing the same stuff over, and over, and over...you know!!!!! I went to New York & Co. last weekend and got a couple of dress outfits for church or whenever I need something dressier...all my stuff is for warm weather. I am soooo hot-natured. Mike is preaching in a few weeks at my moms church, and I know I have worn my favorite outfit to her church several times,,,so I thought I needed something new. Got some cute stuff and found the CUTEST pair of jean!!! You can roll them up or down...I love rolling jeans up...and I found a perfect pair of ballet flats. Now...I have trouble with shoes, because my foot is small and my heel is narrow....all the really trendy shoes seem to come in bigger sizes....also, if I find one that fits in the heel, it's tooooo tight on the toes!! Especially those ballet flat!!!
Well....alas!!!! Jessica Simpson to the rescue!!!!! LOVE these shoes!! In fact...I think I will post a picture for you!!!! Also, I wear lots of brown...hardly any black...except for some for church...they only had black, so I snapped them up and will go back for the brown...got a cute black purse at NY&C also....
Anyway...I just hang on to clothes that are hanging in my closet because "someday" I am gonna wear them again. not gonna happen. SO..today is the day! If I haven't worn it since last year it's gone....
This is part of my obsession.... I constantly go through and move/rearrange stuff! I just don't get rid of my clothes like I should...just move it around! Ha!!! But, today is the day!!!
I did my kitchen pantry the week I did the kid's stuff....so, after my room it'll all be done!!!! We did our school room about a month ago. I really like doing it before I decorate for Christmas....helps me know what the kids really need, as far as clothes and stuff in general.
Well, my oldest little sick chicken is now asking for a bite to eat!!! That's a good sign...so I am off to make some toast--or whatever he can handle...I will be back to post some pics of my new shoes!!! I am really excited ---can you tell!! Ha!!! Of course, all this sounds good typing it...but will I reallllly get it done today? We'll see!!!!:yay:

Northern Disney Girl
10-31-2009, 10:29 PM
Glad that the boys are starting to feel better! :thumbsup2 Hope you were able to get all the organizing done! I need to muck out my closest again! ALL OF THEM!!! We have a tendency to pack away too much stuff and just forget about it! ;) Hope y'all had a fun Halloween! :hug:

Disney Mommy 3
10-31-2009, 10:44 PM
Hey Kimmie!! Nope...didn't get it done!!! DS13 wasn't feelin too hot when he got up,....still nauseated, so I had to give him his next dose of med...knocked him out! He slept til 3!!!!! But, he is feeling better now...
Took DS10 and DD to church for our Trunk or Treat, we weren't there very long and he asked to go back home...he was already tired. So, we came home and let them Halloween down our street...then he was wasted!!!!
I did accomplish one thing today (couldnt do my closet as DS13 was crashed in my bed...followed by dh who needed a nap)....I got the kids calendars going!!!! DS10 wanted me to get his started and caught up to 40 days,..then he did til today. I drew DDs and she did the rest "in her own pattern" :cutie: I am not through with hers...still got to title it and add her stickers, but I am gonna post a pic of it. And guess what? We leave in

5 WEEKS:yay::cheer2:

Disney Mommy 3
10-31-2009, 11:10 PM
Well,, here are a couple of pics from tonight and our count down/up calendars! DD as Dorothy!
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab68/shawk3/003-1.jpg
Both kiddos
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab68/shawk3/008-3.jpg
DS10
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab68/shawk3/009-2.jpg
Dear Doggie!
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab68/shawk3/014-2.jpg

DS10s Calendar
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab68/shawk3/016-2.jpg
DDs Calendar
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab68/shawk3/018-1.jpg

Disney Mommy 3
11-01-2009, 07:32 AM
Guess it was the late night and candy....terrible dreams!!!First, I dreamed there were snakes around that were as big as German Shephards and were standing up..my oldest son was trying to catch them with a rope:scared1: You know how bad I hate snakes? So that was awful...woke me up actually. Then, I dreamed we got to Disney and they said they only had adjoining rooms..ok, whatever. But told dh it was gonna be $48,000!!!!!! THEN I realized I had forgotten our theme park tickets back at home!!! So, he got mad at me and we came home..but we were driving from Fl to the airport in Houston:confused3
CRAZY!!!!!SO.... I have been coughing all night....my chest has that funny feeling....drainage and sore throat...that's great. And I can hear ds10 in there coughing too. I don't know if we are gonna make church this morning...:sad2: But, I did get up at 7 on the dot! I love falling back!! Makes me feel like an earlier riser! Ha!!

Monny2AE
11-01-2009, 08:09 PM
Saying my prayers your family is rid of those nasty germs soon! :wizard:
DD is starting to sound stuffy and I just got a call that one of my daycare kiddos won't be here tomorrow because he has a 104 fever. Poor little guy- he's only 10 months. :sad2: Seems like none of us can escape it this year.

I love the countdown/up posters!!!! :goodvibes

Sweet dreams tonight :lmao: $48,000 :scared1:

jordanyosh
11-01-2009, 08:25 PM
Well,, here are a couple of pics from tonight and our count down/up calendars! DD as Dorothy!
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab68/shawk3/003-1.jpg
Both kiddos
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab68/shawk3/008-3.jpg
DS10
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab68/shawk3/009-2.jpg
Dear Doggie!
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab68/shawk3/014-2.jpg

DS10s Calendar
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab68/shawk3/016-2.jpg
DDs Calendar
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab68/shawk3/018-1.jpg

The one of both kids is too funny.

Hope you're not getting all the way sick.

Disney Mommy 3
11-01-2009, 09:14 PM
Saying my prayers your family is rid of those nasty germs soon! :wizard:
DD is starting to sound stuffy and I just got a call that one of my daycare kiddos won't be here tomorrow because he has a 104 fever. Poor little guy- he's only 10 months. :sad2: Seems like none of us can escape it this year.

I love the countdown/up posters!!!! :goodvibes

Sweet dreams tonight :lmao: $48,000 :scared1:

AWW Thanks!! That poor little guy!!! I hate when the kids are sick..especially when you can't really do much to make them comfortable!
The one of both kids is too funny.

Hope you're not getting all the way sick.

I thought it was funny too!!! I hope not too....maybe I started my Mucinex soon enough to nip it! I just felt achy and worn out today...right now I am a little better...my throat is just raw from drainage and this awful hacking cough. But, I am praying wellness over us and know this too shall pass!!!

Momof2Disneyboys
11-02-2009, 06:50 AM
Love the Halloween pictures! :thumbsup2

Hope everyone is feeling better this morning. :goodvibes

Disney Mommy 3
11-02-2009, 07:22 AM
Well, kids are all still asleep...ds13 finally started to eat a tad last night...just some pickles, but it's progress! And I think he did drink Gatorade...can't remember..I was wasted!! I feel much better today..not all achy and sick feeling,,,just sinus drainage and what goes with it!! Sore throat, pain in my head when I cough..but hopefully the kids will feel like eating something worth talking about today!!! Poor little guys!!!

Disney Mommy 3
11-02-2009, 05:46 PM
Okay, well, today I finished my closet before lunch.. I have to say I was totally wiped out!! We ate...not a lot, but we did eat..hallelujah! Glad they can eat!!! So...we came home and laid around..we watched POTC again....that was til 4....then I got up & folded 2 loads of towels. Now I am tired again!!! When dh gets home, we may go eat...whatever the kids will eat!!!! I dont know if I will even go... I just want to go to bed! Hopefully tomorrow will be even better!!

mIcKeY_mOmMy
11-02-2009, 07:52 PM
Love the Halloween pics....looks like you guys had a fun night

Disney Mommy 3
11-04-2009, 08:46 AM
Oh, Lord have mercy!!! Now dd is sick!!!! (Again..but something different!). she started running fever in the night and her throat hurts. I am still sick....boys seem to be better!! They are eating,so that's awesome!!!
I did order her American Girl stuff for Christmas this last Saturday!!!! While we were all laying around...laptops are amazing!!! I can lay right here and order them a gift while they sit by me and watch a movie and have no idea what i just did!!! How crazy is that? She had wanted to the Bitty Twins.. but went back & forth...finally she picked the Just like You doll that she has been eyeing also....she got the one with shorter red hair, green eyes and freckels. I think it's gonna be adorable!!!! She has been eyeing Kit also....I told her maybe for her birthday. But..she has a little money earned and put away and said maybe she could do jobs for me and daddy and make money..she wants to buy her with her own money!!!! LOVE it!!!!! so, we will see how that progresses!! I like them to buy stuff on their own..teaches them the value of money and to take care of what you got because you put the effort out for it!
Well, we are at 31 days!!!! So....what all have I gotten marked off my list? Not too much! Ha!! but I was thrown a curve with all this sickness, so I guess I am letting myself off the hook!
I did get her Christmas ordered...have started shopping for holiday baking stuff...let the kids pick out their wrapping paper at Wal-Mart yesterday. I have been getting paper at Hallmark for the last few years....love those cutting lines!!! But..it's getting to be so expensive! And they loved what they got....ds13 got a couple of rolls of red Disney paper...ds10 got Blue-Toy Story! and dd got Green Disney.
Got my closet cleaned out...made homemade chicken noodle soup last night....and that's about it for the last week! I have many things left to check off my list...but that's a good start...I guess! I am off to make an appt now for dd...I think hers is just sinus related also..but wanna make sure! I guess I will ask for an antibiotic for me too...if they think this is more than a Mucinex can handle!!! Have a blessed day!

Mndisneygirl
11-04-2009, 09:29 AM
See Shawna, that is the one problem with illnesses in families. You never get it all at once. You have to get it over a really long time!! one at a time! Isn't that just stinky?

I'm sure your DD will love the AG doll!! Sounds so cute. I stocked up on flour and sugar and baking powder at the store last week. Still haven't decided exactly what I'm going to bake. I want to do something early that I can stick in the freezer until after our trip.
I thought of a gift idea for my MIL who doesn't want or need much of anything! She is a Disney nut like us, so I think I'm going to get her one share of Disney stock. DH got one for me years ago and it's so cute! It's real stock and you get a beautiful color certificate (suitable for framing) and all the perks of being a shareholder. Mousesavers has a discount code too. Might get one each for the girls too. Have to check the price of shares!
DH and I finally talked about what else we're getting the kids and we're going shopping at Mall of America and other places on Veteran's day.

Disney Mommy 3
11-04-2009, 10:34 AM
Oh Sheree!! I love that idea!!! How wonderful! I think your kids would like it too!!!! I was a little surprised that dd wanted that AG girl...since she is so blonde, she usually goes for those, but I told her Elizabeth is blonde, and if she does get Kitt, she's blonde too! I thought she was gonna pick the one with long brown hair, like her ballet teacher and her daughter (our very good friends), but she broke out and went with the redhead!!! maybe because I said how stinkin' cute she was!!!! I really like her little face with those little freckles!! She seems spunky to me!!!!
I got stuff for a couple of batches of Chex Mix and a pan of fudge.....I might just make the Chex Mix tonight for our kids--since they have all been ill...see how it turns out and how long it takes and all that. then go back later for more Chex...they want to do the Muddy Buddies Mix also......
While at WalMart... I was gonna go ahead and buy the tins...they have some that are soooo cute!!! But, I got to thinking....if I am doing Chex Mix in the cute little plastic baggies....and fudge...no cookies....maybe I should just put it in cute little Christmas gift bags....cheaper than the tins!!!!! So...anyhoo....I was in a quandry and the kids were exhausted...so I will just do it later!!!
As far as Thanksgiving day, I always cheat!! I get the Turkey from our HEB...it's pretty much done...seasoned and everything..you just pop it in for a few hours and you can't mess it up!!! I do Chicken and Dumplins....which this year I AM gonna make the day before!!! I always do it that morning...what a mess....all that flour!!!
I do a Green bean casserole for the guys......and a salad...and sweet potatoe casserole....that i don't mind doing the day of ...I will just cut up all the salad stuff the day before!!! My mom always makes the dressing....if not...it'll be stove top for me!!!!! I may nix the Chicken and dumplins this time...I do it for Christmas too.....I love them....but mercy.....it's kinda wearing me out just thinking about it!! ha!!! of course, the kids would be happier to have home made Mac & cheese.....so I may do that instead!!!!

anl
11-04-2009, 12:10 PM
Hey...I have been following the Christmas Shopping thread and followed you over here. I've read the beginning of your ptr and am thinking we must be really close to each other. :thumbsup2

need to go catch up:surfweb:

floridascgirl
11-04-2009, 03:22 PM
So sorry to hear you are still battling sicknesses at your house. :sick: I can't believe how productive you are being...cleaning closets, Chex Mix, homemade soup...oh my! When I'm sick, I become a sloth. Hope everyone gets better soon. :flower3:

Disney Mommy 3
11-04-2009, 05:59 PM
Hey...I have been following the Christmas Shopping thread and followed you over here. I've read the beginning of your ptr and am thinking we must be really close to each other. :thumbsup2We're in Lumberton.

need to go catch up:surfweb:

I pmed you!!!So sorry to hear you are still battling sicknesses at your house. :sick: I can't believe how productive you are being...cleaning closets, Chex Mix, homemade soup...oh my! When I'm sick, I become a sloth. Hope everyone gets better soon. :flower3:

Well,,,it all depends on how sick I am! Ha!! Sunday was definitely wasted...well, Not really because I did rest, but today is the first day I really felt like doing much...the other stuff I just did cause I had to...I was tired and my body kept wanting to lay down.... Makes me thankful for dishwashers and washing machines!!! Can you imagine if we had to still do all that stuff by hand!! OR pluck a chicken:scared1::scared1:GEEZ... I think we would starve around here!

Monny2AE
11-05-2009, 12:20 PM
Doing a little dance for your 1 Month Countdown Celebration!!!!

:cool1::banana::yay::dance3::woohoo:

Oh, Lord have mercy!!! Now dd is sick!!!! (Again..but something different!). she started running fever in the night and her throat hurts. I am still sick....boys seem to be better!! They are eating,so that's awesome!!!
I did order her American Girl stuff for Christmas this last Saturday!!!! While we were all laying around...laptops are amazing!!! I can lay right here and order them a gift while they sit by me and watch a movie and have no idea what i just did!!! How crazy is that? She had wanted to the Bitty Twins.. but went back & forth...finally she picked the Just like You doll that she has been eyeing also....she got the one with shorter red hair, green eyes and freckels. I think it's gonna be adorable!!!! She has been eyeing Kit also....I told her maybe for her birthday. But..she has a little money earned and put away and said maybe she could do jobs for me and daddy and make money..she wants to buy her with her own money!!!! LOVE it!!!!! so, we will see how that progresses!! I like them to buy stuff on their own..teaches them the value of money and to take care of what you got because you put the effort out for it!
Well, we are at 31 days!!!! So....what all have I gotten marked off my list? Not too much! Ha!! but I was thrown a curve with all this sickness, so I guess I am letting myself off the hook!
I did get her Christmas ordered...have started shopping for holiday baking stuff...let the kids pick out their wrapping paper at Wal-Mart yesterday. I have been getting paper at Hallmark for the last few years....love those cutting lines!!! But..it's getting to be so expensive! And they loved what they got....ds13 got a couple of rolls of red Disney paper...ds10 got Blue-Toy Story! and dd got Green Disney.
Got my closet cleaned out...made homemade chicken noodle soup last night....and that's about it for the last week! I have many things left to check off my list...but that's a good start...I guess! I am off to make an appt now for dd...I think hers is just sinus related also..but wanna make sure! I guess I will ask for an antibiotic for me too...if they think this is more than a Mucinex can handle!!! Have a blessed day!
Sorry to hear DD is sick now too. It's making it's rounds at my house again too. Both kids are sounding snotty and croupy again. Can't seem to shake it this year. :sad2:
Hooray for shopping online! :woohoo: Soooo easy! Just have to remember to hide those delivery boxes when they arrive. ;)
I like that you are teaching the value of money. We are just starting to think about an allowance for DS. I'm just not sure how much $$$ to start him at age 5. Any thoughts?
Oh Sheree!! I love that idea!!! How wonderful! I think your kids would like it too!!!! I was a little surprised that dd wanted that AG girl...since she is so blonde, she usually goes for those, but I told her Elizabeth is blonde, and if she does get Kitt, she's blonde too! I thought she was gonna pick the one with long brown hair, like her ballet teacher and her daughter (our very good friends), but she broke out and went with the redhead!!! maybe because I said how stinkin' cute she was!!!! I really like her little face with those little freckles!! She seems spunky to me!!!!
I got stuff for a couple of batches of Chex Mix and a pan of fudge.....I might just make the Chex Mix tonight for our kids--since they have all been ill...see how it turns out and how long it takes and all that. then go back later for more Chex...they want to do the Muddy Buddies Mix also......
While at WalMart... I was gonna go ahead and buy the tins...they have some that are soooo cute!!! But, I got to thinking....if I am doing Chex Mix in the cute little plastic baggies....and fudge...no cookies....maybe I should just put it in cute little Christmas gift bags....cheaper than the tins!!!!! So...anyhoo....I was in a quandry and the kids were exhausted...so I will just do it later!!!
As far as Thanksgiving day, I always cheat!! I get the Turkey from our HEB...it's pretty much done...seasoned and everything..you just pop it in for a few hours and you can't mess it up!!! I do Chicken and Dumplins....which this year I AM gonna make the day before!!! I always do it that morning...what a mess....all that flour!!!
I do a Green bean casserole for the guys......and a salad...and sweet potatoe casserole....that i don't mind doing the day of ...I will just cut up all the salad stuff the day before!!! My mom always makes the dressing....if not...it'll be stove top for me!!!!! I may nix the Chicken and dumplins this time...I do it for Christmas too.....I love them....but mercy.....it's kinda wearing me out just thinking about it!! ha!!! of course, the kids would be happier to have home made Mac & cheese.....so I may do that instead!!!!
We love Muddy Buddies at our house. Last year we made them for the day care kids and neighbors. Such an easy project for the kids. I just put them in those little bags with Christmas decorations on them and tied some ribbon around it instead of using the twisty ties it comes with- it made them a little prettier.

Well,,,it all depends on how sick I am! Ha!! Sunday was definitely wasted...well, Not really because I did rest, but today is the first day I really felt like doing much...the other stuff I just did cause I had to...I was tired and my body kept wanting to lay down.... Makes me thankful for dishwashers and washing machines!!! Can you imagine if we had to still do all that stuff by hand!! OR pluck a chicken:scared1::scared1:GEEZ... I think we would starve around here![/QUOTE]
I almost spit my soda out on the laptop at that one :lmao:

Northern Disney Girl
11-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Hey Shawna! :goodvibes

So sorry to hear that your little beauty is now down with the illness. :sick: :sad1: Poor Girl! :cutie:

YAY :yay: for 1 more month! :woohoo: So excited to hear all about it! Hoping that the crowds are reasonable and not crazy! :goodvibes

I am hoping to do a little Christmas baking with the girls this year. We usually do gingerbread and sugar cookies! :) I like the idea of Chex Mix too! :thumbsup2

Mndisneygirl
11-05-2009, 01:20 PM
OH YEAH!!! ONE MORE MONTH!!!

Let's get everone healthy!!! We have a trip to go on!! Did you get your Mickey Mail yet Shawna?

gellybean
11-05-2009, 01:45 PM
Joining a little late but better late than never right??!:yay:
Just read the whole PTR and am so excited to see how y'all's trip goes!! Contemp with MK view is AWESOME!!! :woohoo: Can't wait to live vicariously through you guys!

I'm in Austin now but my family is originally from South East Texas!! Beaumont, Silsbee, Evadale, Fred, Warren and Conroe! So howdy :lmao:

You have such an adorable family! You give me hope that it's possible to have a girl after 2 boys!! :lovestruc

My mom has 7 grandkids and we hang 7 stockings from the mantle at Christmas. She had rustic iron stocking hooks made that read B L E S S E D, one for each kid!! :angel: We're the only family that might not be done with our kiddos, so if we end up having another baby, we'll have to change it to say B L E S S I N G S and add one for the family pets ! LOL

We have a beagle / dachshund mix puppy, that is currently driving me nuts! Hopefully he'll end up sweet and CALM like your doggie!

And we are also skipping AK. It's our least favorite park...

Tell your DD that I have a Samantha AG doll. She's been discontinued so I have her put away, just in case. Who knows, some of your DD's AGs might end up collectibles some day too!

Can't wait to read more and countdown with you!!

mIcKeY_mOmMy
11-05-2009, 02:30 PM
:dance3:I'll join the one month countdown too!!:dance3:

Disney Mommy 3
11-05-2009, 03:31 PM
Doing a little dance for your 1 Month Countdown Celebration!!!!

:cool1::banana::yay::dance3::woohoo:

Sorry to hear DD is sick now too. It's making it's rounds at my house again too. Both kids are sounding snotty and croupy again. Can't seem to shake it this year. :sad2:
Hooray for shopping online! :woohoo: Soooo easy! Just have to remember to hide those delivery boxes when they arrive. ;)
I like that you are teaching the value of money. We are just starting to think about an allowance for DS. I'm just not sure how much $$$ to start him at age 5. Any thoughts?

We love Muddy Buddies at our house. Last year we made them for the day care kids and neighbors. Such an easy project for the kids. I just put them in those little bags with Christmas decorations on them and tied some ribbon around it instead of using the twisty ties it comes with- it made them a little prettier.
I almost spit my soda out on the laptop at that one :lmao:

Thanks Kim!!! One month is gonna fly..especially with the holidays starting up!! Yeah...I got myself tickled about that chicken!!! As far as allowance...we did $5 a week for a while...then I just started doing jobs for money. Like when I did the flower beds a while back..if they helped me weed, or if the boys mow..we give them $ according to what the job is worth..and the attitude that goes with it! If you act crummy...guess what? Not as much $ or none at all;) I can do it all myself without the attitude!!! For my dd(she's 6), I do her smaller jobs and smaller amounts of money. Sometimes she will ask if she can do something for money and I pay her about .50...it's usually something small. But...after a few of those a week its starting to add up!!!Hey Shawna! :goodvibes

So sorry to hear that your little beauty is now down with the illness. :sick: :sad1: Poor Girl! :cutie:

YAY :yay: for 1 more month! :woohoo: So excited to hear all about it! Hoping that the crowds are reasonable and not crazy! :goodvibes

I am hoping to do a little Christmas baking with the girls this year. We usually do gingerbread and sugar cookies! :) I like the idea of Chex Mix too! :thumbsup2

Hey!!!! Glad you had a good trip!! I have never done gingerbread cookies...don't know why? Got a good recipe? I know they like gingerbread...or at least my middle one does...not sure about the other two. Might be fun!!!!OH YEAH!!! ONE MORE MONTH!!!

Let's get everone healthy!!! We have a trip to go on!! Did you get your Mickey Mail yet Shawna?

I think we are on the mend!! I think dd just has the viral thing...def not the flu...her symptoms are different from ds10. She is feeling better today..just a tad of fever off and on! No, I didn't get it yet...the mail just came...so maybe when I check it!!!! If not... I am gonna call Monday...I think that gives them plenty of time!!!

Disney Mommy 3
11-05-2009, 03:34 PM
Joining a little late but better late than never right??!:yay:
Just read the whole PTR and am so excited to see how y'all's trip goes!! Contemp with MK view is AWESOME!!! :woohoo: Can't wait to live vicariously through you guys!

I'm in Austin now but my family is originally from South East Texas!! Beaumont, Silsbee, Evadale, Fred, Warren and Conroe! So howdy :lmao:

You have such an adorable family! You give me hope that it's possible to have a girl after 2 boys!! :lovestruc

My mom has 7 grandkids and we hang 7 stockings from the mantle at Christmas. She had rustic iron stocking hooks made that read B L E S S E D, one for each kid!! :angel: We're the only family that might not be done with our kiddos, so if we end up having another baby, we'll have to change it to say B L E S S I N G S and add one for the family pets ! LOL

We have a beagle / dachshund mix puppy, that is currently driving me nuts! Hopefully he'll end up sweet and CALM like your doggie!

And we are also skipping AK. It's our least favorite park...

Tell your DD that I have a Samantha AG doll. She's been discontinued so I have her put away, just in case. Who knows, some of your DD's AGs might end up collectibles some day too!

Can't wait to read more and countdown with you!!

Hi!!:wave: Glad you found me!!! You aren't late!!!! The more the merrier! We lived in Silsbee for a few years...and 2 of my cousins were actually raised there. It's a nice little town....
Love the stocking holder idea!!! Don't give up on that dd...you don't know what God has in store for you!!! I was surprised to get mine!!!!!
I love the AG dolls...she keeps asking me why I don't just order one for me...I might have too!!!!!

Disney Mommy 3
11-05-2009, 05:10 PM
:dance3:I'll join the one month countdown too!!:dance3:

Thanks!!!! I just keep praying we all get well and stay that way in our few short weeks left!!! I think we are good!! Dd seems to be getting better today-she still is a little under the weather today!! My new meds that I started yesterday are working!! YIPPEE!!!!!

:dance3::cheer2: One Month:cheer2::dance3::yay::yay:

Momof2Disneyboys
11-05-2009, 06:05 PM
:cool1::woohoo::yay:YAY for ONE MONTH!! :yay::woohoo::cool1:

Disney Mommy 3
11-05-2009, 06:34 PM
Hey Shelly!!!! Your thread was hoppin today!!! tomorrow it's gonna be wild!!!!! We are gonna miss you!!! I hope ya'll get GOOD SLEEP tonight...in case you don't tomorrow due to excitement!!! I know your bags are packed and at the front door right?!!!!

Disney Mommy 3
11-05-2009, 06:40 PM
Are ya'll ready for Thanksgiving? Today, my dh said...what are we doing? I told him and he said..sounds kinda boring!:scared1: Is he crazy!!! That's because he doesn't have to cook, or start packing for a trip!!! He asked if we weren't gonna go somewhere? Like where, I would like to know!! I will be a crazy lady that week!!!! got tooooo much going on to be traveling that week!! I hope he knows he has work to do that weekend....last mowing of the yard(if it's dry)...blowing/cleaning out garage.....making sure lights are working...gonna work on this early..but if something holds us up, this is the weekend it has to get done!!! I know he thinks he can just lie about and do not much...but....it ain't gonna happen!!! Of course, if he does all his 'chores' by then he can rest!! ha!!!!

Momof2Disneyboys
11-05-2009, 06:41 PM
Hey Shelly!!!! Your thread was hoppin today!!! tomorrow it's gonna be wild!!!!! We are gonna miss you!!! I hope ya'll get GOOD SLEEP tonight...in case you don't tomorrow due to excitement!!! I know your bags are packed and at the front door right?!!!!

I know, things were really wild over there today!! :cool1:

I am pretty tired after the field trip today, so hopefully I will sleep well tonight!

The bags are packed. Not quite at the front door yet, but we're getting there. :goodvibes

I will check back in on your PTR when I get back! :thumbsup2

mandy2012
11-06-2009, 12:28 AM
You Halloween pics were great. and I hope everyone gets better soon. Disney is calling your name!! :wizard:

Disney Mommy 3
11-06-2009, 03:34 PM
You Halloween pics were great. and I hope everyone gets better soon. Disney is calling your name!! :wizard:

Thanks!!!!! Well, we are finally all well!!! We all felt great today and no fevers! Praise the Lord!!! I was realllly getting tired of the kids feeling so bad! Hopefully we will be able to chalk up on the vitamins again and be sick-free the rest of the season!
We are 4 weeks out tomorrow!!! But, I guess I could say today...we take Annie to the dog-sitter on Fridays before we leave,so that is kinda the beginning of our vacation! I still have tooooons to do between now and Thanksgiving & the Wed before we leave. But... I know it'll all get done... I am hoping Mike can look at our Christmas lights this weekend and see if they are gonna work or if we need to start looking for new ones. We have to mow our yard ONE more time also!! Should have done it already,but with the sickies here,,,didn't do it. Also, by next weekend I think we will put up the tree...that's something else he has to help with. Hauling it down outta the attic and setting it up for me..then I get to decorate it. I am gonna take my time this year...it might take 2 days to do it all...if not I am just pooped when I am through!
The kids are back to school and trying to get caught up on that whole week we missed..plus a couple of days from the next week...we are def driven to get back on track! Part of DDs AM. Girl came in today!!! Just got one or two things left for the boys (dh has to pick up some of it and hide it at his office) and I am finished!!! Maybe this week he can take them to eat and a movie and I will wrap!!!!!!! Closets are cleaned out!!!! YIPPEE!!!! that is a load off!! I am starting to buy stuff for holiday baking.....still gotta get flour...don't know how I forgot that last week...and I stood right there and looked at it! So..thanks for thinking of us while we were sick and checking on us!!! Maybe I can devote more to my PTR now!!! I want to add in some neat trivias I read a while back...stuff I never knew!!! And we all loooove Disney tid bits right?!!! Well....Ya'll have a blessed weekend!!!! Talk to you soon!

Sheree~ you ready?:yay:

mandy2012
11-06-2009, 04:27 PM
Yay im glad everyone is all better now. I am at 3 weeks now! :yay:

Disney Mommy 3
11-07-2009, 07:45 AM
Yay im glad everyone is all better now. I am at 3 weeks now! :yay:

Oh Thanks!! Yay for you!!!! You ready? Packing wise I mean....

:yay::cheer2:4 WEEKS:wizard:

mandy2012
11-07-2009, 09:18 PM
Oh Thanks!! Yay for you!!!! You ready? Packing wise I mean....

:yay::cheer2:4 WEEKS:wizard:

Not even close! I have no clothes and no luggage yet. So tomorrow im gonna go clothes shopping and get some luggage. And im thinkin about getting another disney book to pass the time :rolleyes1

Disney Mommy 3
11-08-2009, 06:49 AM
Not even close! I have no clothes and no luggage yet. So tomorrow im gonna go clothes shopping and get some luggage. And im thinkin about getting another disney book to pass the time :rolleyes1

I got a really neat book a couple of months back. It's by Susan Veness, she is actually on these boards!!! Thats where i found out about it.. The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World....lots of info/trivia/neat stuff in there!! What kind of luggage are you getting? I have my heart set on a couple of the pieces in the new Jessica Simpson line!!! They are soooo cute and lots of pockets and room!!!

Disney Mommy 3
11-08-2009, 07:20 AM
Well, good morning!!!:goodvibes
I did manage to do a couple of things yesterday to mark off my ever growing list!! I got DDs Am. Girl stuff in Friday...went through it yesterday----soooo cute!!!! Can't wait for her to get it!! Also, got my ds10 one more Lego!!! So..dh should pick up one more thing for ds13 from the Guitar place for me...kids are finished!!! Talked to two friends this weekend who have not bought ONE thing!!! You know how that torments me? I think that's why they tell me!! LOL
Also, got my mom's bday stuff off of lay-a-way! So, she's done! Dh was working on getting the pool ready to cover...he was gonna mow, but decided to hang around with me for a while!!! Smart choice, right?!! Ha!! Probably do that today and make sure the Christmas lights work....a neighbor told me last night her friends already have up lights and TWO trees!!!!! WOW...they are on the ball!
So...I still haven't recieved Disney Mail...gonna call tomorrow afternoon and check on that...I was gonna call first thing,,,but then I thought about how long the wait is on Monday morning and decided against it. Gonna check on the airfare later...I know a couple of our Disney friends found out from checking that the flights had been changed!!! I would just flip!!!!! I am working around our flights this time..especially the one coming back home.
I also made a decision about our goodie bags/tins.... I was going to do the cute little baggie things with the ties....changed my mind....I am gonna look at Target and see if they have the Ziplock bags with winter/snowy/Christmas scenes on them. I got some year before last and loved them!!! I just think that would be easier!!! Also,,, instead of tins that people have to decide what to do with afterward...I might put it in cute Christmas bags w tissue. Cheaper for sure!!! I am gonna try to get all that this week.......
DS has NO idea what he wants to do for his upcoming bday....that I always have planned by now!!!! He is def not doing a party...I really don't think I could do it until after our trip anyway... but he says he just maybe wants one or two friends to go eat. Maybe there will be some awesome movie newly released that day!!!! I think it's gonna be $$$ this year...that's all he wants! Maybe a new book series...if I can find one he really likes.
We are doing well in catching up on our :teacher: ...dd is gonna be the hardest....we are still learning some phonics rules, so we are at that stage of reading short sentences that dddrrrrraaaaagggggg on and on!! I love it!!! But you sure can't rush her!!! She is doing wonderfully in Math and looks forward to it each day...handwriting is superb!!! Of course, I think girls just like that better anyway...but it's so pretty! I think one reason she doesn't like the phonics/reading time, is that she doesn't like to do anything NOT right. She'll get there, but I think not being able to just take off like her brothers can is a big thing for her. We do the little Bob books...(Not Sponge Bob...Bob the Readers) and she does really good,,,but some of the pictures just crack her up and she starts giggling and then we just have to stop for a while...she just has to have a break or it gets funnier and funnier!!!
Well... I still have lots to do...mostly getting the tree ready, and grocery shopping for EVERYTHING...but I have the next 2 full weeks to work on that part...so I think it'll be okay. We aren't gonna pack our clothes until the week we leave..so not much I can do beforehand except toiletries and stuff...I am working on that even now!!! Once the tree is up and gifts are under... I will feel better. So...now it's time to get myself ready for church...havent been in a couple of weeks due to all the sickness that was running around here...looking forward to a great service! Ya'll have a blessed day!!! Talk to you later!!!

Cinderella Mom
11-08-2009, 09:12 AM
Hi Shawna! I'm so glad I found you! I posted on your Christmas shopping thread a while back! Love to read other people's plans to Disney and I'm always excited when I find people that are going around the same time as our family! We will be there from Dec. 4-9 and we are staying at the All Star Movies Resort. We have two little boys and they love Buzz Lightyear so where to stay was a no brainer! You have a beautiful family and I am enjoying reading about your pre trip report!
I too am a huge planner/organizer/list maker..... I talked my DH into putting up the Christmas tree yesterday and we decorated it last night. I finished up my gift wrapping and have placed all gifts under the tree. Now I have a hall closet again! Can't wait to read more! Maybe we'll run into each other at Disney. We will be at the Magic Kingdom on the 6th as well celebrating our DS's 7th birthday! Hope you have a wonderful vacation and God bless!

gellybean
11-08-2009, 10:32 AM
Morning Shawna,

Such a small world that you not only know where Silsbee is but you lived there!!

My grandparents all lived there, my parents met there, graduated high school there and got married at the First Baptist Church. In 1959 :)

I just ordered all the Christmas stuff for our boys too! It feels so good knowing that's off my list!! Totally understand!

My DS6 is learning how to read and isn't taking off quite as fast as some of the kids in his class, so I totally get what you mean about doing fine, but not doing as well as he wants to do, so that frustrates him! We work on it daily!

4 more weeks!!!! So excited for you!!!

Disney Mommy 3
11-08-2009, 06:03 PM
Hi Shawna! I'm so glad I found you! I posted on your Christmas shopping thread a while back! Love to read other people's plans to Disney and I'm always excited when I find people that are going around the same time as our family! We will be there from Dec. 4-9 and we are staying at the All Star Movies Resort. We have two little boys and they love Buzz Lightyear so where to stay was a no brainer! You have a beautiful family and I am enjoying reading about your pre trip report!
I too am a huge planner/organizer/list maker..... I talked my DH into putting up the Christmas tree yesterday and we decorated it last night. I finished up my gift wrapping and have placed all gifts under the tree. Now I have a hall closet again! Can't wait to read more! Maybe we'll run into each other at Disney. We will be at the Magic Kingdom on the 6th as well celebrating our DS's 7th birthday! Hope you have a wonderful vacation and God bless!

We were gonna do the lights outside and bring down the tree tonight...but instead we cleaned out the garage and mowed the yard!!! (And weed eated, and blowed the driveway!)...and we are maybe gonna go see Christmas Carol tonight...or tomorrow...but really wanted the yard finished becuase we are expecting a BIG rain tomorrow!!! I looooved staying at the All Stars!! What day is your sons bday? My ds will be 14 on the 4th:sad1: Just weird to me that my kid is that old!!! I will look for you!!!!! you gotta post me a pic!!!! Maybe I will see you that first Sunday!! I have met people from here that way!!! It's so cool!!! Like running into old friends!!!!Morning Shawna,

Such a small world that you not only know where Silsbee is but you lived there!!

My grandparents all lived there, my parents met there, graduated high school there and got married at the First Baptist Church. In 1959 :)

I just ordered all the Christmas stuff for our boys too! It feels so good knowing that's off my list!! Totally understand!

My DS6 is learning how to read and isn't taking off quite as fast as some of the kids in his class, so I totally get what you mean about doing fine, but not doing as well as he wants to do, so that frustrates him! We work on it daily!

4 more weeks!!!! So excited for you!!!

didn't you say you were close to Austin now? Well, my cousin that lived in Silsbee is now over near Austin!! How funny!!!! Yep....as soon as that tree is up and ready...all the presents will be under it!!!! Gotta get that done for my sense of well-being.....it's a mental thing for sure!

Disney Mommy 3
11-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Well, guess what? We forgot to check the mail yesterday.....guess what was in it? MICKEY MAIL!!!! Luggage tags, ME booklet, and voucher pages!!!! SO...I can mark that off my to-do list for tomorrow!:cool1: AAAHHHHHH I can rest on that worry! It just sort of makes you feel more official..doesn't it for you? Well...it was nice to have dh and the boys get all that yardwork/garage done tonight...one more thing off the list. I don't think we will have to mow anymore...at least I sure hope not. I know we finish usually in Nov...but surely not late Nov:confused3 I know they are tired of doing it!! Well...just wanted to pass the good news that I got those docs in yesterday. Yall have an awesome week and I will be trying to find some interesting info to post for you!!!! (Trivia wise!)

gellybean
11-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Yes I'm near Austin, a suburb called Pflugerville. Say that five times fast ;) That is too funny about your cousin being an Silsbeen transplant in Austin too!

:yay: for Mickey mail!! It definitely makes it feel more official for me!! Can't wait til we get ours in!!

Mndisneygirl
11-08-2009, 07:53 PM
YAY FOR MICKEY MAIL!!!
:yay: