PDA

View Full Version : How to Disney up the days prior to WDW Trip

izzie-wizzie
09-21-2009, 04:09 PM
So how do you guys 'Disney' up your days before you head on your WDW holiday?

We're trying to eat some Disney-type food every day. Be it things from Tesco kids range (be it a Disney Banana, Mickey Mouse shaped pasta - a definate favourite!!, or mickey mouse head shape pizza) or the Toy Story Chocolate Bars from M and S and of course another favourite - the Mickey Mouse Choc/Ice Cream Lollies!!

For us, as a 20 year old and 23 year old, opening our fridge is like opening a fridge belonging to a family with a load of toddlers, but its defo getting us even more excited!!

samual332
09-21-2009, 05:20 PM
that sounds like fun...i was thinking of how to 'disney up' the last week before our trip...i was thinking, a disney quiz?...maybe a question of the day type?!
Then maybe a disney movie every night before? maybe buying all the old classics to get you in the disney mood..
i cant wait, but ive got ages to go!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

tinks_1989
09-22-2009, 01:00 AM
me and Dfi are doing this too we have toy story mania i have a mickey cutter and i always make him mickey sandwichs for work for the last week :D we also have a mickey waffle machine that can make cheese toasties as well

i never knew about all the things you mentioned though i love Disney :D

also you could search for disney recipes from your favourite disney restaurant

Tinks1984
09-22-2009, 02:13 AM
We make sure our planning DVD lives in the DVD player and watch it whenever we get chance! :thumbsup2 I also enjoy reading these boards and seeing others who are there talk about it!

There's also a selection of Disney films on hand so we can watch and get ourselves all excited...well, even more excited than we already are at just the thought of going to WDW! :cloud9:

binkytell
09-22-2009, 03:05 AM
disney movies, oreo milkshakes, popcorn & chilli cheese hotdogs:cool1:

madmumof2
09-22-2009, 03:47 AM
I have a 3cd Disney album and we've started to listen to that every day. One in the kitchen and one upstairs, so wherever we are we've got Disney songs to get us even more excited!

I've got a Mickey waffle machine too although I had take the fuse out to fix something else a while ago so I'll have to fix that and make some!

We also watch tonnes of stuff on youtube, not just Disney but Universal, Seaworld, dolphin cruise etc, everything we'll be doing when out there so they're not surprised or scared by any rides and they can get excited knowing they'll be on them very soon!

I'm so excited now it's not taking much for me to get in the Disney mood, 16 days!!!!!

madmumof2
09-22-2009, 03:54 AM
I have a 3cd Disney album and we've started to listen to that every day. One in the kitchen and one upstairs, so wherever we are we've got Disney songs to get us even more excited!

I've got a Mickey waffle machine too although I had take the fuse out to fix something else a while ago so I'll have to fix that and make some!

We also watch tonnes of stuff on youtube, not just Disney but Universal, Seaworld, dolphin cruise etc, everything we'll be doing when out there so they're not surprised or scared by any rides and they can get excited knowing they'll be on them very soon!

I'm so excited now it's not taking much for me to get in the Disney mood, 16 days!!!!!

DisneyB2B
09-22-2009, 08:02 AM
We have the wishes/ illuminations and a bunch of other CDs all on our iphones so I listen to this daily :) Also have a mickey waffle maker which we both love!

I try and get DH to watch as many films each time we go beforehand but I'm never that successful lol

I think this year I may start to put together a little planning pack for him to read on the plane and I am planning to take lots of small xmas decorations and a little tree this year as it will be our first xmas there.

eek getting excited now...:woohoo::woohoo:

samual332
09-22-2009, 02:46 PM
We have the wishes/ illuminations and a bunch of other CDs all on our iphones so I listen to this daily :) Also have a mickey waffle maker which we both love!

I try and get DH to watch as many films each time we go beforehand but I'm never that successful lol

I think this year I may start to put together a little planning pack for him to read on the plane and I am planning to take lots of small xmas decorations and a little tree this year as it will be our first xmas there.

eek getting excited now...:woohoo::woohoo:

wow, just imagend spending xmas at disney...we've been at the stsrt of dec but i'd love to be there for the 25th...!
yep, i think i'd plan alot of xmas related disney stuff to take with me :)

scojos
09-22-2009, 03:07 PM
we ahve disney scene it, disney monopoly, disney pictionary as well as disney foods.
we watch movies and utube things with the kids, and eat of mickey plates and use our resort mugs!
we also have disney games for the wii, and dh is going to buy toy story mania:goodvibes
music in the cars and mickey shaped foods, hey i love disney too much!!