PDA

View Full Version : I'm Taking you to Disney World, and That's Final!! - Update 11/16

shebaxric
09-21-2009, 01:19 PM
:welcome:I know, the title seems more like a punishment than a treat, but thatís how I had to catch your attention!:goodvibes My name is Sheresa, and I am a lover of all things Disney, and have been ever since I could remember. I grew up in Southern California, so an annual trip to Disneyland was a must (sometimes, there was more than one!). My parents love Disney, and instilled that magic in my sisters and I. Something about the happiness that radiates from most people while you are there, itís infectious! This is my first time writing a PTR or TR for that matter, so I hope you enjoy it!

Okay, enough about why I love Disney, letís meet the cast of this PTR!

Me Ė Lover of all things Disney.

DH Ė Rick, DH, loves me and all things Disney.:lovestruc
http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss201/shebaxric/DSC00278.jpg (Note: I hate pictures of myself, so this will be a rare glimpse of the Sheresa monster).:lmao:

DSIS Ė Relly (nickname), 38 and lover of Disney, but never been to WDW!:scared1:

DBF Ė My sisterís boyfriend, we will refer to him as Mickey. He has also never been to WDW and is going to be the go with the flow guy! (I will upload a picture of Relly and Mickey shortly, I need to get one!)

DMIL Ė will be referred to as Daisy, her favorite character. I donít think I couldíve asked for a better mother-in-law. We have taken several trips to WDW together.:hug:

DFIL Ė will be referred to as Donald, his favorite character, which fits him to a tee! Just like DMIL, we have taken several trips together.
http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss201/shebaxric/DSC00315.jpg

The plan was set in motion after talking about it since we returned from our last trip. DH and I have gone to WDW several times since we moved to NKY (abbreviation for Northern Kentucky that will be used from now on). DHís parents live in Jacksonville, FL, so it's easy to get to Jacksonville and simply drive to Orlando. I think my sister has always been interested in going, but Mickey was never that enthusiastic.

Because Iím a Disney Freak, I was trying to plan a trip this year because the last time we went was December of 2007, and frankly, thatís just too darn long for me to go without a Disney fix!:laughing: It started out with just DH, DFIL, and DMIL deciding on a trip. I wanted to try and go the least expensive route because, hey, itís that kind of climate right nowÖÖ I brought up the Shades of Green website to see if they had any availability (this was in JANUARY) and of course, nada. BUT, I did happen to see this:

http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss201/shebaxric/FiveDayTicketImage.jpg

HUH??? Really, is that possible?? A FREE FIVE DAY TICKET? So, I clicked on the link to check it out. Sure enough, it stated that members of the armed services (and retired service people) were entitled to a free five day ticket, and were able to purchase up to five additional five-day tickets for only $125!!!!! This seemed too good to be true. I read all the fine print, re-read it, and then did it again for good measure.;) The only real stipulation that I read was that the tickets would only be good through December 23rd. No problemo, we usually like to go in between Thanksgiving and Christmas, so we were okay there. I emailed DFIL with the link to this offer, and I think he almost fell out of his chair! We were really seeing the possibility of this trip coming to fruition!! I would finally get my Disney fix!!! I called DH because I couldnít contain my excitement, and he was easy enough to convince! DFIL checked with DMIL, and it was in the stars (and the budget) to make this trip a reality! The next step was finding a place to hang our hats while we were down there.

DMIL and DFIL took us to WDW in December of 2007, which was a wonderful surprise. The only downside to this trip, we stayed off site. Now, I know there are people that feel strongly either way. DH and I are Pro on-site. We just factor in all of the amenities you get, and it makes sense to us. DFIL is all about price. If he can get the best deal, heíll stay anywhere. Iím really not on board with that, so I said that I would do some digging and make the hotel reservations. As you know this is no easy task. I searched and searched on Disneyís site, but finding two rooms (yes, we need to have two rooms because Iíve done the sharing a room route once and it went terribly wrong) at a decent price was not going well at all. Then, in my quest I came across ďThe Ultimate Disney World Savings GuideĒ by Beth Haworth, a former CM. I figured I might find some tips in there to help with the room struggle, so I paid the $20 to get the online book. Well, it didnít turn out to be the fountain of knowledge that I thought it would; most of the information I already knew. The one piece that I did find was on renting DVC points from a member. She has a step by step process for renting points, which I never knew you could do. She also has a link to the DIS boards in her book. To make a long story short (I know, too late:rotfl2:), I signed up on DIS, weeded through the posts on the DVC Rent/Trade board, and was able to rent points from a wonderful woman and her husband. We were very careful, we used a contract, and her payment terms were very reasonable. Hurray!!! We have a reservation for the Saratoga Springs Resort!! We will be checking in November 21st for 5 nights!!

Up next, dragging my sister to WDW kicking and screaming!

Thanks for reading,
S
pixiedust:

onelilspark
09-22-2009, 08:53 AM
:banana: I'm in!!

shebaxric
09-22-2009, 09:00 AM
:banana: I'm in!!

HURRAY!!!! My first poster, thanks!! I'm very nervous but excited to write out this PTR. It'll give me the courage to write the actual TR!:lmao:

brookelizabeth
09-23-2009, 08:13 AM
I'm here too!!! Great start! When I saw that deal for military personnel my jaw dropped and I tried to convince a co-worker he needed a trip since our family doesn't fit that bill. :laughing: Extremely great deal, so glad you can take advantage of it!

And :yay: for getting the room! You are going to enjoy SSR, it's a beautiful resort. Did you make any building requests?

shebaxric
09-23-2009, 08:20 AM
I'm here too!!! Great start! When I saw that deal for military personnel my jaw dropped and I tried to convince a co-worker he needed a trip since our family doesn't fit that bill. :laughing: Extremely great deal, so glad you can take advantage of it!

And :yay: for getting the room! You are going to enjoy SSR, it's a beautiful resort. Did you make any building requests?

Hurray!! Welcome Brooke! I agree, when I saw the offer I really did one of these:scared1:! I was glad that my FIL was able to get so many tickets so all of us could go.

I did make a building request per your recommendations.:worship: We requested the Grandstand since it is the first bus stop, we really like to take advantage of that service!

shebaxric
09-23-2009, 08:34 AM
Kicking and screaming with excitement!!! She has wanted to go to WDW for a while now, and it has never worked out. With all of the research I was doing, she became interested. I told her about the steal on park hopper tickets we were getting, and she became even more intrigued. The problem was definitely accommodations. Mickeyís mom happens to own a timeshare, which can be used anywhere. Because of the timeshare, they were able to get a condo off-site (I know, but it was cheap!) for next to nothing.:banana: The next step was convincing Mickey that WDW was really where he wanted to go! It took a bit of work, but finally he decided to go.:yay: Whether or not he is humoring my sister, Iíll probably never know. But, he said yes, so the trip was a go! My sister is doing her happy dance, Iím doing mine, our significant others are looking at us like we have three headsÖ. :lmao:

Is this actually happening? I get to take a vacation with my sister??? We havenít done that since we were kids, so not only will this be a first time WDW trip for her, itís a first time sister vacation trip! Can you tell Iím excited?:woohoo:

Up next, The Plan.

Thanks for reading,
S

onelilspark
09-23-2009, 09:13 AM
I've decided that it's a good thing when SO's humor us on trips to Disney.

I don't care how I get him there any more, as long as he's there with me.

Oh...I'm sorry if you gagged a little bit...

mousescrapper
09-24-2009, 11:16 AM
Sheresa,

:cool1: I am so excited you are doing a PTR and a TR!!!! can't wait to read more and learn more about your family...

of course I'd come by...;)

Scrappie (Julie)

shebaxric
09-24-2009, 01:19 PM
I've decided that it's a good thing when SO's humor us on trips to Disney.

I don't care how I get him there any more, as long as he's there with me.

Oh...I'm sorry if you gagged a little bit...

I would never gag, I feel the same way about DH!:rotfl:

Sheresa,

:cool1: I am so excited you are doing a PTR and a TR!!!! can't wait to read more and learn more about your family...

of course I'd come by...;)

Scrappie (Julie)

Hi there Scrappie, and :welcome: It makes me very happy to have some replies from my DIS friends!:grouphug: When I first started it, I kept looking at the count that tells you how many views you receive, and then I'd look and there would be no posts!:sad2: Now I've got a few and it makes me happy. I know, it's really shallow, but it makes the time go by until my trip much faster!!

I'll have another update this weekend with "The Plan".

ScotsMinnie
09-24-2009, 04:16 PM
Hi! I'm in! With no trip planned for us I love enjoying others build ups! Plans sounds great so far!

shebaxric
09-25-2009, 10:02 AM
Hi! I'm in! With no trip planned for us I love enjoying others build ups! Plans sounds great so far!

Thanks!:goodvibes It's so nice to just pass the time in between trips this way.

I've got a surprise that I'm going to share with you all.:yay: Stay tuned!

mousescrapper
09-25-2009, 02:32 PM
I kept looking at the count that tells you how many views you receive, and then I'd look and there would be no posts!:sad2: Now I've got a few and it makes me happy. I know, it's really shallow, but it makes the time go by until my trip much faster!!

know the feeling, nice to know you are not just writing to yourself :goodvibes

coltink
09-26-2009, 03:31 PM
I'm here...so you aren't talking to yourself (like I am over on my pre trip report)

shebaxric
09-26-2009, 07:08 PM
I'm here...so you aren't talking to yourself (like I am over on my pre trip report)

Welcome!! I will definitely come by and check it out, thanks!!:goodvibes

shebaxric
09-26-2009, 07:26 PM
Okay, so before I reveal my super duper surprise, I promised I'd put up a pic of Relly and Mickey. No Disney pic since they've never been!
http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss201/shebaxric/DSC00590-1.jpg

Now, I know that I said I'd upload the plan this weekend, which I may still do later. But, I wanted to let you know about a wonderful surprise that I got. I'm going to borrow from some other formats that I've read and give you the breakdown of the conversation.

Me: I want to go to San Diego to visit my cousin in April for my birthday.
DH: Okay.
Me: Well, while I'm out there I'd like to do something fun, you know, to celebrate.
DH: Okay, like what.
Me: Well, I told my cousin that I'd like to spend a couple of days up at Disneyland. . . . .
DH: How much is that going to cost??
Me: I'll do some research and let you know.

So, I did the research, and wow, is Disneyland EXPENSIVE!!! I know it's California and all, but geez. I priced the Grand Californian for two nights and it would cost almost as much as my whole room cost at SSR for my November trip!!:scared1: Then I thought, can you use DVC points for Disneyland hotels??? I looked it up, and sure enough, you can! I priced the two nights that I wanted, and it came up as 34 points. I told DH and he said that would be doable. Now, the only catch was would I be able to rent the points from the same couple that I did before. We traded emails back and forth and
She had the points!! I now have a reservation at the Grand Californian April 11-13th!!!! I'm going to Disneyland for my birthday!!! I haven't gotten the contract or the confirmation yet, but that should be here by sometime next week. My cousin and I have talked about going several times since she's only 90 minutes away. It hasn't happened, and I haven't been to DL since 2000 right before I moved from San Diego. This is going to be a short trip, but long enough to where we get to go to both parks! I have absolutely no planning done for this one, so anyone out there that has recommendations for DL, let me know.

Thanks for sharing in my happiness!
S

mousescrapper
09-26-2009, 07:40 PM
That is GREAT!!! how exciting that you were able to rent the points for that too...

I've only been to DL once when I was about 13, I remember standing in line for Star Tours it premiered there, POC and the entrance for IASW was outside and very pink! My unlce was then stationed in Long Beach Ca (navy) and we got to go w/ them. The last thing I remember is losing our car...my parents couldn't remember for the life of them where we parked...;)

I'd check out the DL specific threads for some good trip tips :thumbsup2

shebaxric
09-26-2009, 07:53 PM
That is GREAT!!! how exciting that you were able to rent the points for that too...

I've only been to DL once when I was about 13, I remember standing in line for Star Tours it premiered there, POC and the entrance for IASW was outside and very pink! My unlce was then stationed in Long Beach Ca (navy) and we got to go w/ them. The last thing I remember is losing our car...my parents couldn't remember for the life of them where we parked...;)

I'd check out the DL specific threads for some good trip tips :thumbsup2

DL's parking structure has changed so much, I'm kinda glad we aren't going to need the car!!
My dad was in the Navy, too. He was stationed in San Diego, that's why I grew up there. I really loved going to DL when I was a kid. I didn't know that there were DL specific threads, I guess I'm spending way too much time on the PTR and TR threads!!!:lmao: Thanks for the helpful suggestion, I'll check them out.:surfweb:

shebaxric
09-29-2009, 08:10 AM
This plan has evolved a couple of times already. Firstly, DH, DMIL & DFIL were supposed to check in on Monday, 11/23 and stay for four nights. Well, Relly and Mickey are going to be able to check into their condo on Saturday, 11/21. We (or I more accurately:idea:) thought that because we were driving down together we should try to check in around the same time. So, I emailed my DVC renter and asked if we could sneak in one more night. It was available, so a four night trip turned into five!!:banana: We will drive down early on Saturday, check in with Relly and Mickey, stay the night in their two bedroom, and then check in to SSR on Sunday.

Next, the food situation. DH and I have always done the TS Dining Plan, and we’ve absolutely loved it. Well, this was up in the air from the beginning this time. I pushed (ever so gently:rolleyes1) for TSDP instead of CSDP because hey, the TS restaurants at WDW are good!!! When we made our reservation, I told our renter to sign us up for the TSDP. DH’s biggest complaint is that the tips are no longer included in the plan, and it would be an extra $50 for the week. Once you add in the tips, you’re looking at $100 or more than CS, which I was willing to pay. DH, not so much.:sad2: I waited until the last possible minute (like a day before ADR’s would need to be made) to push the issue one more time. I’m sad to say that DH won. I do understand the money issue, but it would’ve been worth it to me. DH also pointed out that it might be a little sticky with Relly and Mickey staying off-site, no dining plan, if we ate at a bunch of TS places, they weren’t going to be able to afford it. That point stuck with me, and I have made my peace with it. On the bright side, I was able to convince DH of a couple of TS OOP reservations.:cool1: Here’s what we have so far:

Day 1 – 11/22 – Arrive officially at SSR. We have decided that this will be a non-park day. DMIL and DFIL will be driving down from Jacksonville to meet up with us later in the day. Relly and I are going to do some shopping for breakfast foods for the week. Afterwards, we’ll hit DTD and enjoy SHOPPING!! If there’s one thing I know how to do well, it’s that!! It’s in my blood, passed down from generation to generation!:lmao: We haven’t decided where to eat this day (our meal plan officially starts), anyone have any suggestions?

Day 2 – 11/23 – AK day! EMH in the AM and Relly and I may possibly do the Backstage Safari Tour. I still haven’t decided if it’s worth the money or not. Any opinions? We have decided to do Yak n’ Yeti CS (thanks onelilspark for the review:thumbsup2) for lunch or dinner. EMH at HS, perhaps we’ll sneak that in.

Day 3 – 11/24 - Epcot!! I’m very excited to drink my way around WS with my sister!!!:dance3: The Grey Goose Slushie is a must since I’ve heard so many yummy reviews of it. CS is going to be very hard to pick here. So many choices, so little room in my tummy! And, we’ve also got a ressie at Chefs de France!!! Okay, so here’s another conundrum. I was sneaky and made two ressies, one for 5:20 and the other for 8:00 p.m. Illuminations starts at 9:00, will we be able to see it from the restaurant? If not, then the 5:20 will win out!

Day 4 – 11/25 – HS. We will try to make it for rope drop to get those coveted TSM FP’s. We haven’t decided on CS for this park yet either. I have a feeling it’ll be Backlot Express since we’ve eaten there before. This is a Fantasmic night, so I will more than likely sacrifice my own riding time for everyone else and wait in line to get some decent seats. I know, I’m a saint!:angel:

Day 5 – 11/26 – Thanksgiving!!! This is a MK day, and I just know it’s going to be super crowded, but they have EMH in the morning, and I want to take advantage of those. We don’t have any ressies this day, DH was very adamant that a turkey leg must be consumed on this day (That is his all-time favorite meal in WDW)! We’ll play the rest by ear.

Day 6 – 11/27 – Check out day…..:sad1: We have a very early 7:20 ADR at Chef Mickey's. This day is penciled in for Epcot, but this may change, depending on what everyone wants to do that we may have missed

Okay, huge post, sorry so long! And honestly, I really don’t think I’m that planned out. DH would strongly disagree, though.:lmao:

Up next, must see’s and rides everyone wants to go on.

Thanks for reading,
S

MomsOf2boys
09-29-2009, 05:18 PM
Sounds great so far! I will be down there the last 2 days of your trip! :thumbsup2

Don't forget to plan a resort tour to see some of the Christmas decorations in them. I hear they are beautiful!

:surfweb:I'm ready for more now.

GreatBiscuit
09-29-2009, 09:37 PM
Just found your PTR! Excellent start so far. Losing the TSDP had to be a tough one. Glad you get at least a couple of meals though. As to watching Illuminations from Le Chefs, I've never been in there so I'll defer to my fellow posters.

shebaxric
09-30-2009, 09:55 AM
Sounds great so far! I will be down there the last 2 days of your trip! :thumbsup2
Don't forget to plan a resort tour to see some of the Christmas decorations in them. I hear they are beautiful!
:surfweb:I'm ready for more now.
:welcome: and thanks for subbing!! Great tip on the resort tours. I may have to drag my DH with me, he's not real big on leaving the parks to do anything else. He figures, we're there for the parks, we stay in the parks.:confused3 I don't get him sometimes! I'll be posting another update soon, thanks for reading!

Just found your PTR! Excellent start so far. Losing the TSDP had to be a tough one. Glad you get at least a couple of meals though. As to watching Illuminations from Le Chefs, I've never been in there so I'll defer to my fellow posters.
Hi Biscuit!:wave2: Thanks for joining me! I've got to say that the TSDP loss was extremely heartbreaking, but I said I've made my peace with it and am moving on. . . . Yeah, that's why I was looking into possibly booking a Candelight Processional DP on the last night of our trip, the night it opens. . . DH wouldn't care if I made it the Biergarten, his favorite.:rolleyes1 I just have to see if they still have openings!

MomsOf2boys
09-30-2009, 04:21 PM
:welcome: and thanks for subbing!! Great tip on the resort tours. I may have to drag my DH with me, he's not real big on leaving the parks to do anything else. He figures, we're there for the parks, we stay in the parks.:confused3 I don't get him sometimes! I'll be posting another update soon, thanks for reading!

I completely understand that. I am always saying, "This time i'm going to take time to just enjoy a leisure day at the resort and relax."

I haven't yet. I am the first one up and ready to head to the parks in the morning and the last one ready to leave the parks at night. :banana::banana: It's like I'm a kid again.

shebaxric
09-30-2009, 04:33 PM
Hi all!

Here's my random question for the day:

Does anyone buy pins off of ebay? If so, do you find they are more or less expensive than other sites? If you don't buy them off of ebay, where do you buy them (other than the parks)?

The reason I'm asking is becaue I'm looking to get some pins (1 or 2 for each) for everyone going on the trip. I'm looking for the following characters:

Donald & Daisy together
Mickey (he's pretty easy to find). I found one that will fit my DH to a tee! It's Mickey with a coffee cup in hand, the other reached up to "prop" open his eyelid, it's fabulous!:lmao:
Donald
Daisy (she's been tough to find!)
Eeyore
Ride Pins, like Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Soarin, etc. I haven't run into many of these on ebay.

Any helpful hints I can get would be fantastic! Thanks as always!

S:yay:

MomsOf2boys
09-30-2009, 04:44 PM
I do buy them off ebay. What I do is find a person who is offering a discount on multiple orders shipping and only bid on theirs and check out at the end of the last one. Make sure they are the ones with the Disney head backs and say Disney on the back as those are the only ones tradable at the parks.

I don't trade for ones I know my kids will want, I trade for the ones that are cheapest so they can trade them with cast members at the parks and resorts. They don't care which ones you trade as long as they are legit.

Most pins at the parks range from $5.50 to $14.50 for the larger newer ones. So if I win 10 pins at $3.00 each and combined shipping is $4.00 then I divide it by the amount of pins to make sure I would not be overpaying.

shebaxric
09-30-2009, 04:45 PM
I completely understand that. I am always saying, "This time i'm going to take time to just enjoy a leisure day at the resort and relax."

I haven't yet. I am the first one up and ready to head to the parks in the morning and the last one ready to leave the parks at night. :banana::banana: It's like I'm a kid again.

I just noticed your scrolling ticker on your avatar, that is hilarious!!:rotfl2:

coltink
09-30-2009, 05:08 PM
I have not and will not get in to the pin trading thing. When I get in to things I don't just do them a little...i do it A LOT! I am an obsessive compulsive person and I know if I got in to it I would go over board with it.

MomsOf2boys
09-30-2009, 05:29 PM
I just noticed your scrolling ticker on your avatar, that is hilarious!!:rotfl2:

I was so happy to get that little scrolling tag from the tag fairy. :lovestruc

I have not and will not get in to the pin trading thing. When I get in to things I don't just do them a little...i do it A LOT! I am an obsessive compulsive person and I know if I got in to it I would go over board with it.

That is what my DP says so instead she just picks out and buys us all our souvineer pins. :confused3

shebaxric
10-01-2009, 08:12 AM
I do buy them off ebay. What I do is find a person who is offering a discount on multiple orders shipping and only bid on theirs and check out at the end of the last one. Make sure they are the ones with the Disney head backs and say Disney on the back as those are the only ones tradable at the parks.

I don't trade for ones I know my kids will want, I trade for the ones that are cheapest so they can trade them with cast members at the parks and resorts. They don't care which ones you trade as long as they are legit.

Most pins at the parks range from $5.50 to $14.50 for the larger newer ones. So if I win 10 pins at $3.00 each and combined shipping is $4.00 then I divide it by the amount of pins to make sure I would not be overpaying.
Thanks for the tips!:thumbsup2 I just bought six last night and spent $28. Do you have any tips for searching for specific characters? I just end up scrolling through the entire search and with thousands of listings, it can wind up giving you a headache!

I have not and will not get in to the pin trading thing. When I get in to things I don't just do them a little...i do it A LOT! I am an obsessive compulsive person and I know if I got in to it I would go over board with it. I totally understand! The first year DH and I went, we did go overboard. Since then, we've done less each year. I really would love to trade for some nice pins this year, the trouble is I really love all the pins I've got and don't want to get rid of them!:lmao:

onelilspark
10-01-2009, 08:43 AM
I bought a pin for my Mom off of eBay before. If you can, try and find the same seller so that you don't have to pay a lot of shipping.

eecteacher82
10-01-2009, 03:24 PM
I just jumped over from my TR when I saw you had a PTR going on! Sounds great so far! I am waiting for your next installment!

shebaxric
10-01-2009, 03:43 PM
I bought a pin for my Mom off of eBay before. If you can, try and find the same seller so that you don't have to pay a lot of shipping.
I ended up doing that, I bought three pins from the same seller and it was only $4.00 total for the shipping. I found some that I really like, but they were extremely expensive, like $50 or more!:scared1: I didn't think pins could get that expensive!

I just jumped over from my TR when I saw you had a PTR going on! Sounds great so far! I am waiting for your next installment! Thanks and welcome!!! I need to write my next installment. . . :rolleyes1

MomsOf2boys
10-01-2009, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the tips!:thumbsup2 I just bought six last night and spent $28. Do you have any tips for searching for specific characters? I just end up scrolling through the entire search and with thousands of listings, it can wind up giving you a headache!

Well find one dealer and then click search dealers listings... that way you are only on one and just choosing from his to save on shipping.

I totally understand! The first year DH and I went, we did go overboard. Since then, we've done less each year. I really would love to trade for some nice pins this year, the trouble is I really love all the pins I've got and don't want to get rid of them!:lmao:

That is why I just buy the cheapest...so you will be willing to trade them. :rotfl::rotfl:

shebaxric
10-02-2009, 09:08 AM
I apologize up front if the color is too harsh for some people, but it is BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH!!!

I am on the committe for the Trail Ride for the Cure, a horse trail ride happening in Cincinnati to benefit the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. The ride is tomorrow, so I won't be posting this weekend.http://www.trailrideforthecure.org/Experience.aspx Jump on the website and read about how the ride came about, it's very cool!

This cause is very near and dear to my heart as I've got an aunt that is a breast cancer survivor!:cool1:

Okay, thanks for letting me plug the ride!

NuttyDisneyMom
10-03-2009, 11:55 PM
Hi there! I didn't realize you had a PTR until I finally noticed it on your signature tonight:rolleyes1 Sounds like your doing a great job planning so far:thumbsup2

As far as the pins go, I usually buy from the same people who sell random pins for $1.59 a piece. Since 4 of us trade, we need quite a few. We want the CMs pins so we don't care what we get from ebay:laughing:; however I've always gotten GREAT pins from who I buy from on there. Definately some keeps come our way each batch we receive:)

shebaxric
10-05-2009, 09:45 AM
Hi there! I didn't realize you had a PTR until I finally noticed it on your signature tonight:rolleyes1 Sounds like your doing a great job planning so far:thumbsup2

As far as the pins go, I usually buy from the same people who sell random pins for $1.59 a piece. Since 4 of us trade, we need quite a few. We want the CMs pins so we don't care what we get from ebay:laughing:; however I've always gotten GREAT pins from who I buy from on there. Definately some keeps come our way each batch we receive:)

:welcome: Thanks for joining! I appreciate the :thumbsup2 on the planning, I honestly don't think I'm as planned out as I should be. DH hinders that process, he thinks I'm planning to much already!:confused3
I really wanted to find some pins for the people that are going on the trip, just as little gifts. I don't know how many of them we'll actually trade.:rolleyes1

mousescrapper
10-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Next, the food situation.

I think you will be pleasently surprised w/ the QSDDP....we have done both too...the reg TS and the QS just this past March....it worked quite well.

my opinions are below:

Day 1 – 11/22 – Arrive officially at SSR. Afterwards, we’ll hit DTD and enjoy SHOPPING!! We haven’t decided where to eat this day (our meal plan officially starts), anyone have any suggestions?

Earl of Sandwich YUM-O and Wolfgang Puck Express seems to equally great reviews...both on DDP plans, don't think you can go wrong here!

Day 2 – 11/23 – AK day! We have decided to do Yak n’ Yeti CS (thanks onelilspark for the review:thumbsup2) for lunch or dinner.

you know we ate in March there and we really liked it another :thumbsup2 choice! there's always FTBBQ too.

Day 3 – 11/24 - Epcot!! CS is going to be very hard to pick here. So many choices, so little room in my tummy!

ok for CS choices...my fav are Morroco Tangerine Cafe beyond good!!!! and I like Electric Umbrella and most people rave about Sunshine Seasons...if you have alot of picky eaters...this may do you good.

Day 4 – 11/25 – HS. We haven’t decided on CS for this park yet either. I have a feeling it’ll be Backlot Express since we’ve eaten there before.

Ok there is not a ton of OhhhhI love eating there CS places IMHO here at the Studios...but I like ABC comm just for the space to eat in and it's inside if you time it right it's basically empty. Pizza Planet I think is a good deal for basic pizza and salad too. But if you want to eat Breakfast here and a great use of snack credits eat at SRC! that is a new must for us!

Day 5 – 11/26 – Thanksgiving!!! This is a MK day, and I just know it’s going to be super crowded, but they have EMH in the morning, and I want to take advantage of those. We don’t have any ressies this day, DH was very adamant that a turkey leg must be consumed on this day (That is his all-time favorite meal in WDW)! We’ll play the rest by ear.

Oohh you are brave...in my tentative plans for next yr I am thinking no park day on Turkey day and eating at one of the monorail resorts....I'll be curious to see how it works out for you!

Day 6 – 11/27 – Check out day…..:sad1: We have a very early 7:20 ADR at Chef Mickey's. This day is penciled in for Epcot, but this may change, depending on what everyone wants to do that we may have missed

that is early but you shouldn't have to wait long and get the best fresh pickins of the day...plus you'll see my new "home" ;)

Up next, must see’s and rides everyone wants to go on.

Thanks for reading,
S

looking forward to more!

Scrappie J-

shebaxric
10-06-2009, 09:38 AM
looking forward to more!
Scrappie J-

Okay, it didn't copy your whole post? Not sure why....
Thank you for the fantastic suggestions.:hug:
One question, what is SRC at HS? That's one that I haven't heard before or don't recognize the abbreviation.

I know we a super brave to be going to MK on Turkey day.... I'm honestly hoping for the best, but if it doesn't work out, that's what park hoppers are for!:rotfl:

I'm very excited about Chef Mickey's, I know I'm extremely lucky to have even snagged this time slot. I haven't told the group about this ressie yet, I'm hoping they will go with the flow. . . .keep your fingers crossed for me!:rolleyes1 I'm wondering if they'll let us tour BLT?? Perhaps I can get my DH interested in DVC again. . .

shebaxric
10-12-2009, 02:24 PM
Well, everything really!:lmao: But, I know that we probably won't get everything in, but we're going to try like heck!

So here's a list by park of the absolute must do's:

Animal Kingdom

Kilimanjaro Safari (Probably my favorite, I know Relly will love this,too)
Finding Nemo - The Musical We have never seen this, so I'm definitely putting this near the top of the list!
Maharajah Jungle Trek and Pangani Forest Exploration Trail My sister and I grew up in San Diego, and of course IMO San Diego has the best Zoo in the country.:rolleyes1 I think Disney did a really good job with these two trails. Not only are they expertly themed, but the habitats the animals are in are fantastic!:thumbsup2
It's Tough to be a Bug I cannot wait for my sister and Mickey to experience this one!! We've definitely been to theme parks in our lifetime, but there isn't anything like this outside of Disney parks.
Expedition Everest Believe it or not, I really want to be able to go through the entire cue so Mickey and Relly can see the wonderful theming this ride has!
Maybes for AK
Flights of Wonder I've done this every time we've gone, I even got the parrot to take a fiver from me!!:lmao: I'm not sure this will be Relly or Mickey's cup of tea, though.
Dinosaur I'm pretty sure we'll do this, it just depends on the line factor.

Hollywood Studios

Toy Story Mania! Uh, duh! New ride, never been on it before, definitely a no brainer!
TOT We can't get my DMIL on this one after the first time we tricked her into it.:lmao: She flatout refuses! We do have new victims with Mickey and Relly, but honestly, you can't be a victim if you are willing!
Rock n Roller Coaster DH's favorite in HS!
Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage The guys may not do this, but Relly, DMIL, and I definitely will!
Lights, Motors, Action! For the boys!:)
The Magic of Disney Animation I told Relly and DH about this and they both are game!:thumbsup2 This is on my personal to do list, even if I would've had to go by myself!
Star Tours Relly and I will pay homage to the DL original!

Maybes for HS
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
Fantasmic I know what you're thinking, :scared1:! Honestly, we'll see how everyone feels and if they are up to fighting the crowds.

Magic Kingdom

I really think we'll have to split this into two days because honestly, can you do MK in one day?:confused3 If we didn't have first timers with us, it would be different. We could pick and choose which attractions to do. But, I want to give Relly the full MK treatment!pixiedust:

All the Mountains Space Mountain's renovation should be done the day before we get there!:thumbsup2
Haunted Mansion Must do! I really enjoy this one!
POTC I want Relly to see the updates and differences from DL
Tom Sawyer Island We haven't done this one in the last couple of trips, so I would like to take the time to explore it again!
Mickey's PhilharMagic I absolutely adore this attraction, and it's also one of DFIL's favorites!
The Enchanted Tiki Room I have always loved this, I know people may think I'm crazy.....:rotfl2:
IASW We probably won't get Mickey on this one, he might just put his foot down! I know Relly will go, though.
Jungle Cruise A must do!

Epcot

Soarin I love this, it just makes me happy to fly over DL!!
Test Track Relly is definitely excited about this one, Mickey, too!
IllumiNations DH's favorite fireworks of all the parks!
Miscellaneous Countries I hope to explore each of them thoroughly! If that includes an adult beverage at one or more, that's okay too!:lmao:
Epcot Character Spot I really want some great character pics so I can post them on the POTD thread!:goodvibes
Spaceship Earth Mickey is excited about this one, I'm really not:sad2:. I got kinda sick the last time I went on it, so I'll end up sitting this one out with DMIL (she gets motion sickness very easily).
Turtle Talk with Crush I LOVE CRUSH!!!
The Seas Can you believe I've never seen the dolphins before???:scared1:

Okay, I think that about covers it. I know there are items that have been omitted, but that's what a TR is for, right?:lmao:

Up next, I went shopping online!!:rolleyes1

Thanks for reading!
S

shebaxric
10-14-2009, 02:59 PM
Okay, I know that there has to be a few lurkers out there! Come out and say hello, I promise I wonít bite!!:wave2:

So, I was reading along to NuttyDisneyMomís PTR and saw all of the wonderful gifts she purchased for her family on the Disney Store website (cute track suits, pins, sweatshirts, luggage) and thought to myself, I should take a look. She mentioned that she got most of the items on the outlet portion of the site! Did you say outlet?? Oh yeah, Iím definitely there!!:cool1:

I didnít go overboard, I found a couple of items for Relly since she desperately needed an infusion of Disney merchandise. . .

This t-shirt called out for Relly, Eeyore is her favorite, and purple is her favorite color. $9.99, SOLD!
http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss201/shebaxric/DSC_0817.jpg

Next, I purchased a small duffle for her, and personalized it with her name and Eeyore.
http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss201/shebaxric/DSC_0819.jpg

Lastly, I bought her an Eeyore pin on Ebay, I couldnít resist this one!!
http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss201/shebaxric/DSC_0827.jpg

I just received the items yesterday and Iím dying to give them to her!!! Iím the worst when it comes to surprises and gifts. I really want to wait until about a week before the trip to give them to her, but I really donít know if Iím going to make it.:rolleyes1

I also went on a mini Ebay pin shopping spree. I got several pins:

This one is for DH, this fits him to a tee!
http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss201/shebaxric/DSC_0832.jpg

Next, I purchased a few for DMIL and DFIL. They are Daisy and Donald fans, can you tell??:lmao:
Both of these are for DMIL:
http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss201/shebaxric/DSC_0822.jpg
http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss201/shebaxric/DSC_0826.jpg

These two are for DFIL:
http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss201/shebaxric/DSC_0828.jpg
http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss201/shebaxric/DSC_0830.jpg

I still have to find something for Mickey, I have no idea what to get him, maybe a sweatshirt that I saw at the outlet??:confused3

Next, you tell me!!!

Thanks for reading,
S

NuttyDisneyMom
10-14-2009, 04:16 PM
Okay, I know that there has to be a few lurkers out there! Come out and say hello, I promise I wonít bite!!:wave2:

So, I was reading along to NuttyDisneyMomís PTR and saw all of the wonderful gifts she purchased for her family on the Disney Store website (cute track suits, pins, sweatshirts, luggage) and thought to myself, I should take a look. She mentioned that she got most of the items on the outlet portion of the site! Did you say outlet?? Oh yeah, Iím definitely there!!:cool1:

I didnít go overboard, I found a couple of items for Relly since she desperately needed an infusion of Disney merchandise. . .

This t-shirt called out for Relly, Eeyore is her favorite, and purple is her favorite color. $9.99, SOLD!
http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss201/shebaxric/DSC_0817.jpg

Next, I purchased a small duffle for her, and personalized it with her name and Eeyore.
http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss201/shebaxric/DSC_0819.jpg

Lastly, I bought her an Eeyore pin on Ebay, I couldnít resist this one!!
http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss201/shebaxric/DSC_0827.jpg

I just received the items yesterday and Iím dying to give them to her!!! Iím the worst when it comes to surprises and gifts. I really want to wait until about a week before the trip to give them to her, but I really donít know if Iím going to make it.:rolleyes1

I also went on a mini Ebay pin shopping spree. I got several pins:

This one is for DH, this fits him to a tee!
http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss201/shebaxric/DSC_0832.jpg

Next, I purchased a few for DMIL and DFIL. They are Daisy and Donald fans, can you tell??:lmao:
Both of these are for DMIL:
http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss201/shebaxric/DSC_0822.jpg
http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss201/shebaxric/DSC_0826.jpg

These two are for DFIL:
http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss201/shebaxric/DSC_0828.jpg
http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss201/shebaxric/DSC_0830.jpg

I still have to find something for Mickey, I have no idea what to get him, maybe a sweatshirt that I saw at the outlet??:confused3

Next, you tell me!!!

Thanks for reading,
S

Ok if your DH comes looking for me....I'm lying:lmao::lmao: I just got another order in today:rolleyes1 I'll be posting the pics on my PTR shortly. Don't you just LOVE the personalized bags???!!! I got the blue with Stitich and her name in pink on it, for DD7 and a black bag with Jack and her name in pink on it for DD14. I think DS18 feels a little shafted so I'm ordering him one. I hope they have Rhino!

Your pins are AWESOME! I ordered some pins off Disney store, which I'll post and just won a grab bag of 20 off of Ebay for traders.

I just realized we're staying at SSR the same times!!! We're there the 21-25 and then we move to OKW. Hopefully we'll get to see each other there! I'm sure you'll spot me with my new luggage that I posted, among other things:lmao:

MomsOf2boys
10-15-2009, 09:10 AM
Love the new items. :thumbsup2

You are making me really excited... I feel like I should be doing something...:rotfl2:

shebaxric
10-15-2009, 09:27 AM
Ok if your DH comes looking for me....I'm lying:lmao::lmao: I just got another order in today:rolleyes1 I'll be posting the pics on my PTR shortly. Don't you just LOVE the personalized bags???!!! I got the blue with Stitich and her name in pink on it, for DD7 and a black bag with Jack and her name in pink on it for DD14. I think DS18 feels a little shafted so I'm ordering him one. I hope they have Rhino!

Your pins are AWESOME! I ordered some pins off Disney store, which I'll post and just won a grab bag of 20 off of Ebay for traders.

I just realized we're staying at SSR the same times!!! We're there the 21-25 and then we move to OKW. Hopefully we'll get to see each other there! I'm sure you'll spot me with my new luggage that I posted, among other things:lmao:
DH isn't on the boards, so you're safe!:rotfl: I really do love the personalized bags, I bought a large one for DH four years ago and he doesn't travel without it!

I didn't realize we'd be at SSR at the same time, either! You'll be there a day before I will. Maybe we'll have a mini DIS meet!:goodvibes What building did you guys request?

Love the new items. :thumbsup2

You are making me really excited... I feel like I should be doing something...:rotfl2:
Thanks, I really have a shopping problem.:rolleyes1 I have been good so far, though. I am super excited, too! I can't believe we've only got 38 more days!:banana::banana:

NuttyDisneyMom
10-15-2009, 03:05 PM
DH isn't on the boards, so you're safe!:rotfl: I really do love the personalized bags, I bought a large one for DH four years ago and he doesn't travel without it!

I didn't realize we'd be at SSR at the same time, either! You'll be there a day before I will. Maybe we'll have a mini DIS meet!:goodvibes What building did you guys request?

Thanks, I really have a shopping problem.:rolleyes1 I have been good so far, though. I am super excited, too! I can't believe we've only got 38 more days!:banana::banana:

We requested the Grandstand building so that we're close to the bus line and the hospitality house both:thumbsup2

shebaxric
10-16-2009, 12:49 PM
We requested the Grandstand building so that we're close to the bus line and the hospitality house both:thumbsup2

So did we!! Perhaps we will see each other!!

mousescrapper
10-18-2009, 09:11 PM
sorry I got a little behind...

Okay, it didn't copy your whole post? Not sure why....
Thank you for the fantastic suggestions.:hug:
One question, what is SRC at HS? That's one that I haven't heard before or don't recognize the abbreviation.

I know we a super brave to be going to MK on Turkey day.... I'm honestly hoping for the best, but if it doesn't work out, that's what park hoppers are for!:rotfl:

I'm very excited about Chef Mickey's, I know I'm extremely lucky to have even snagged this time slot. I haven't told the group about this ressie yet, I'm hoping they will go with the flow. . . .keep your fingers crossed for me!:rolleyes1 I'm wondering if they'll let us tour BLT?? Perhaps I can get my DH interested in DVC again. . .

SRC is Staring Rolls Cafe....YUM!

if they are doing DVC tours then yes...but you can't get in unless you are staying there.

Your ride goals for the 4 parks sound great...I love the queue line for EE too....reminds of the museums in Chicago.

I love your MK list....it must be so different to tour w/out kids.

can't wait to hear all about it when you get back too...

good scores on the outlet and ebay! You are a great sister :goodvibes

Scrappie J-

shebaxric
10-20-2009, 01:07 PM
sorry I got a little behind...

SRC is Staring Rolls Cafe....YUM! Thanks, I would've never known!:lmao: I have been by there before, but for some strange reason I thought they were only open for breakfast. It's good to know they are open for lunch, too!

if they are doing DVC tours then yes...but you can't get in unless you are staying there. That's good to know!

Your ride goals for the 4 parks sound great...I love the queue line for EE too....reminds of the museums in Chicago. I've only been to Chicago once in November for a concert, we didn't have enough time to hit the museums and I know they are supposed to be fantastic!

I love your MK list....it must be so different to tour w/out kids.

can't wait to hear all about it when you get back too...

good scores on the outlet and ebay! You are a great sister :goodvibes

Scrappie J-

Thanks for the reply, I've got another installment coming up soon.

tink519
10-20-2009, 04:58 PM
The Grey Goose Slushie is a must since

You had me at Grey Goose Slushie.....where will I find one of these???

I'll also be at SSR from 11/20 to 11/27! 30 days...:woohoo:

mrsksomeday
10-20-2009, 11:37 PM
I am here, better late than never. I can't believe I didn't see your link until tonight. I love Grey Goose Slushies too, yummy!! Your plans look great, I hope Mickey gets in the Disney spirit!

onelilspark
10-21-2009, 09:29 AM
Great pins & pab & shirt :) I'm back and getting all caught up!!

shebaxric
10-21-2009, 10:06 AM
You had me at Grey Goose Slushie.....where will I find one of these???

I'll also be at SSR from 11/20 to 11/27! 30 days...:woohoo:
Grey Goose Slushies can be found in France. Hurray for being at SSR too! You, NuttyDisneyMom and I will all be there at the same time!:cool1: Perhaps a DIS meet is in order?

I am here, better late than never. I can't believe I didn't see your link until tonight. I love Grey Goose Slushies too, yummy!! Your plans look great, I hope Mickey gets in the Disney spirit!:welcome: I'm glad you found me! I am looking forward to that Grey Goose Slushie probably more than anything else!:lmao: I hope that Mickey gets in the spirit, too. We'll see about that.

Great pins & pab & shirt :) I'm back and getting all caught up!!Welcome back from your fantastic trip around the world. I'm caught up on your Pop update and cannot wait for your first F&W update!:cool1:

GreatBiscuit
10-21-2009, 10:24 PM
Awesome updates! I am totally jealous that Space Mountain opens RIGHT when you get there! I expect scouting reports, queue intel, photo documentation, & possibly GPS enhanced video simulations.

We were lucky on pins this year. The girls were still a bit young to grasp the whole concept. Of course seeing as how I never actually mentioned it to them and always "re-directed" in the gift shops, that MAY have had something to do with it.

I know your trip will be awesome!

shebaxric
10-22-2009, 10:27 AM
Awesome updates! I am totally jealous that Space Mountain opens RIGHT when you get there! I expect scouting reports, queue intel, photo documentation, & possibly GPS enhanced video simulations.

We were lucky on pins this year. The girls were still a bit young to grasp the whole concept. Of course seeing as how I never actually mentioned it to them and always "re-directed" in the gift shops, that MAY have had something to do with it.

I know your trip will be awesome!

Thanks Biscuit, I hope the trip is everything I expect it to be! I will definitely give you a full report on the Space Mountain status!

NuttyDisneyMom
10-22-2009, 11:27 AM
Ooooh that's right!!! Space Mountain opens up the day I get there!!!:woohoo: Can't wait!

shebaxric
10-27-2009, 04:41 PM
Hello all,
A few updates for you. First, I went ahead and booked the tour that I've been wanting to do!:banana: Relly and I will be taking the Backstage Safari Tour at AK on Monday!! This was my gift to Relly. We were trying to decide between this one and the Keys to the Kingdom Tour, but we decided that KTTK might be too much for Relly's first trip to the world. We'll save that one for the girls only trip!:rotfl:

Secondly, I've made a few adjustments to our ADR's. I called the reservations line and spoke to a fabulous CM that proceeded to tell me that I had double booked two of our reservations!:rolleyes1 Oops. . . well, we fixed that. I now have three total ADRís:

11/24: Chefs de France at 5:20 p.m.

11/26: Thanksgiving breakfast at Kona Cafe at 7:35 a.m. Oh so excited about this one!! I threw this one in there because I saw the Kona Breakfast posting on Thatís Niceís TR, and oh, mama just has to have some Tonga Toast!!!:yay:

11/27: Chef Mickeyís at 7:20 a.m. Yeah, early on our last dayÖ. weíll see if we can keep this one.

I also really want to make an ADR at the Biergarten for the Candlelight Processional package, itís the first night itís on and Isabella Rossilini is the narrator!! I really, really, really donít want to miss this one!!

I shared with DH that MK has EMH on Sunday night, the day we are using as a non-park day. I told him that we could easily get a one day one park ticket if he wanted, but I honestly donít know if itís going to be worth the money. Thoughts on this anyone??:confused3

I am having some nervous issues with our ADRís. I only booked our ADRís for 4 people. I havenít brought up the topic with Relly because I donít think theyíre going to have the money to do the TS. Should I just go with the flow and let them know that weíve got these reservations? I really donít want to hurt any feelings here, but I am honestly trying to be conscious of their budgetÖ.. any thoughts on this one would really be helpful, too.

Lastly, I am looking for a new camera bag. I really want the Lowepro slingshot AW200 (thanks brookelizabeth for posting on this!), but DH really likes the Lowepro Fast Back 200. Weíre going shopping this weekend to take them for a test drive. We found them on Ebay for seriously lower than retail. If anyone has any feedback on either, I'd love to hear it!
http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss201/shebaxric/CameraBagPictures.jpg

I have another announcement that I cannot give out until November 10th. Iím really sorry to tease you guys about this one, but trust me, itís a BIGGIE!!!

Thanks for reading,
S

shebaxric
10-28-2009, 09:16 AM
For all those veterans out there, I have a silly but important thread question: How do you update your title so you can let people know you've updated your thread??:confused3

onelilspark
10-28-2009, 09:25 AM
For all those veterans out there, I have a silly but important thread question: How do you update your title so you can let people know you've updated your thread??:confused3

Click edit on the first post, then "go advanced." It's only on the advanced screen that the title shows :goodvibes

And your plans look great!!!

coltink
10-28-2009, 12:00 PM
:confused3Your plans look great! And you only have a few more weeks! I'm so JEALOUS!

I would love to do a tour, especially as a surprise but I have 2 problems...
1. I don't know if we'll have time
2. I would want her input on what tour she would want to take (probably none) but then it wouldn't be a surprise.

Did any of you guys go as kids? Do you remember the kids obnly tours? We used to go on them every year. They lasted all day and they served lunch. I remember my brother and I getting to see the flight of the navigator ship. Another one i remember was at night time so the parents could go out to dinner alone and they would take the kids on a treasure hunt. They boated us over to the island in the middle of the lake at the monorail resorts. The treasure of course was smores stuff but it was still fun. If only they still did that and allowed adults. I guess too many liability issues now... :confused3

mybestieismickey
10-29-2009, 01:55 AM
Just stumbled on your pre-trip report and I am so excited for you!

As far as your Disneyland trip, you should definitely check out the DLR section of the DIS. I spend a lot of time over there and there are a lot of helpful people over there. And sticky's. Don't forget to read those.

With your dining reservations, I would say make reservations for everyone and whoever wants to go can go. It's lots easier for them to find a smaller table than a bigger one. I did this when we went to WDW in April. DH and I were on the DDP, but my friend was not and travelling alone. We gave her the option to eat with us if she wanted or she could figure out her own meals. She did end up eating 2 lunches and 1 dinner with us the 2 days that our vacations overlapped and it was a pretty stress free decision for her. "If you want to eat at Restaurant with us on this day at this time, you are welcome to join us." I worded it very carefully so that she could easily find an out if the food, price, or timing was unappealing to her.

Good luck finding the right balance for the budgets!

shebaxric
10-29-2009, 08:44 AM
Click edit on the first post, then "go advanced." It's only on the advanced screen that the title shows :goodvibes

And your plans look great!!!
Thank you!:worship: That was so easy!

:confused3Your plans look great! And you only have a few more weeks! I'm so JEALOUS!

I would love to do a tour, especially as a surprise but I have 2 problems...
1. I don't know if we'll have time
2. I would want her input on what tour she would want to take (probably none) but then it wouldn't be a surprise.

Did any of you guys go as kids? Do you remember the kids obnly tours? We used to go on them every year. They lasted all day and they served lunch. I remember my brother and I getting to see the flight of the navigator ship. Another one i remember was at night time so the parents could go out to dinner alone and they would take the kids on a treasure hunt. They boated us over to the island in the middle of the lake at the monorail resorts. The treasure of course was smores stuff but it was still fun. If only they still did that and allowed adults. I guess too many liability issues now... :confused3
Trust me, I'll be jealous of you in a couple of months!:lmao: I never visited WDW as a child, we lived in Southern California. DL was visited frequently, but we never went on a tour. My suggestion to you would be to look at the different tours available, The website that's attached to the DIS http://www.wdwinfo.com and they have great information on the tours. They break them down by price and park, they also give you discount information and how long each tour lasts. I would recommend that and then you can find the right tour for the two of you.:goodvibes

Just stumbled on your pre-trip report and I am so excited for you!

As far as your Disneyland trip, you should definitely check out the DLR section of the DIS. I spend a lot of time over there and there are a lot of helpful people over there. And sticky's. Don't forget to read those.

With your dining reservations, I would say make reservations for everyone and whoever wants to go can go. It's lots easier for them to find a smaller table than a bigger one. I did this when we went to WDW in April. DH and I were on the DDP, but my friend was not and travelling alone. We gave her the option to eat with us if she wanted or she could figure out her own meals. She did end up eating 2 lunches and 1 dinner with us the 2 days that our vacations overlapped and it was a pretty stress free decision for her. "If you want to eat at Restaurant with us on this day at this time, you are welcome to join us." I worded it very carefully so that she could easily find an out if the food, price, or timing was unappealing to her.

Good luck finding the right balance for the budgets!
:welcome: Thank you for joining me! And, thank you for the great advice. It's always nice to hear experiences of other people and find out how they handled situations. I will now try to re-book my reservations for 7:scared1: instead of 4!

Yeah, so, a kink may be in the works for my DL trip in April....I'm not sure I'll be going now:sad2:, but that will be discussed in a forthcoming update.

Thanks for reading all!:)

mousescrapper
10-29-2009, 11:20 AM
looks like most of your questions have been answered :thumbsup2

good luck on trying to adjust the ADR #'s....

Kona...YUM! we didn't actually dine there for breakfast in 08 but had dinner there twice when we stayed at the Poly...but I have had the Tonga Toast it was my breakfast as carry-out form the counter service place in the Poly...it was extremely filling!

Do you have regular passports to get into the parks? cause I think it would be cheaper to add a day on your existing passes than buy a one day...:confused3 I would do some fuzzy Disney math on that :teacher:

your trip is getting so close...very exciting! and I SO can't wait to hear the news on the 10th!!!! popcorn::

J~

shebaxric
10-29-2009, 02:25 PM
looks like most of your questions have been answered :thumbsup2

good luck on trying to adjust the ADR #'s....

Kona...YUM! we didn't actually dine there for breakfast in 08 but had dinner there twice when we stayed at the Poly...but I have had the Tonga Toast it was my breakfast as carry-out form the counter service place in the Poly...it was extremely filling!

Do you have regular passports to get into the parks? cause I think it would be cheaper to add a day on your existing passes than buy a one day...:confused3 I would do some fuzzy Disney math on that :teacher:

your trip is getting so close...very exciting! and I SO can't wait to hear the news on the 10th!!!! popcorn::
J~
Hey Julie!
Glad to see you! I hope the family is doing well. I really need a lot of pixie dust to try and get re-do's on my ADR's. I'm going to try that tomorrow. As for passports, we got the military salute tickets, which were so cheap I don't know if I can mention it here....:rolleyes1 My DFIL is retired navy, so that made the trip much less expensive. Due to that, I don't think we can add a day to the tickets. But, you never know. I will call DMIL and see if she can check. Thanks for the idea!:hug:

Officially 24 days until we hit WDW!!! I'm a little excited.
:banana::banana::banana:

I'm sorry to make you guys wait until the 10th for the announcement, but, I kind of have to.....

brookelizabeth
11-02-2009, 11:07 PM
Your plans are really looking great!!! Your trip is going to be here before you know it. This month will probably fly right on by!

I love that Mickey pin with the coffee that you bought for your DH. :lmao: That would be perfect for me too!!

Which camera bag did you end up going with?

shebaxric
11-03-2009, 04:35 PM
Your plans are really looking great!!! Your trip is going to be here before you know it. This month will probably fly right on by!

I love that Mickey pin with the coffee that you bought for your DH. :lmao: That would be perfect for me too!!

Which camera bag did you end up going with?

Hey Brook!
We didn't get a chance to go out and look at the camera bags. We ended up going to breakfast with friends and then we shopped, but somehow missed Best Buy...:confused3 My memory is going.

P.S. I'M OFFICIALLY IN THE TEENS!!!! 19 MORE DAYS!!!
:banana::banana::banana:

Connie96
11-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Hi there! I just followed you over from Great Biscuit's TR. Looks like you've got a great plan going there. Can't wait to hear more. Especially the "big announcement". (I have a guess, but I'll keep it to myself.;))

GreatBiscuit
11-04-2009, 07:21 PM
Hey Brook!
We didn't get a chance to go out and look at the camera bags. We ended up going to breakfast with friends and then we shopped, but somehow missed Best Buy...:confused3 My memory is going.

P.S. I'M OFFICIALLY IN THE TEENS!!!! 19 MORE DAYS!!!
:banana::banana::banana: Happy TEENS! :earboy2:

shebaxric
11-05-2009, 09:18 AM
Hi there! I just followed you over from Great Biscuit's TR. Looks like you've got a great plan going there. Can't wait to hear more. Especially the "big announcement". (I have a guess, but I'll keep it to myself.;))
Hi Connie, and :welcome: I am going to put up another post soon. The big announcement is very big.....:goodvibes

Happy TEENS! :earboy2:

Thanks Biscuit! Now it's only 17 more days!!!

mousescrapper
11-05-2009, 11:40 AM
Hey Julie!
Glad to see you! I hope the family is doing well. I really need a lot of pixie dust to try and get re-do's on my ADR's. I'm going to try that tomorrow. As for passports, we got the military salute tickets, which were so cheap I don't know if I can mention it here....:rolleyes1 My DFIL is retired navy, so that made the trip much less expensive. Due to that, I don't think we can add a day to the tickets. But, you never know. I will call DMIL and see if she can check. Thanks for the idea!:hug:

oh yes that's right I do remember know that you got the military tickets...sometimes I forgot some of the details btwn all my subs to PTR/TR...;)

Can't wait to hear rhe news on the 10th:cool1:

lbuzz52
11-10-2009, 12:47 AM
Is it officially the 10th yet?

We just got back from staying at grandstand. It was perfect. First busstop on and off. Close to quiet pool, main pool, carriage house, and boat to dtd.

shebaxric
11-10-2009, 05:10 PM
Hi Everyone! I hope that your days have been filled with much Disney happiness!! Mine of course is only a mere 12 days away!! I cannot believe it's gotten here so quickly! I feel like I have everything done, but you know, it never ends.

Okay, enough stalling on the announcement......

I'm pregnant!!! Yes, you saw correctly! I had my first doctor's appointment today and I'm due June 24th, 2010. I am overwhelmed, excited, and scared all at the same time! I have so much to be thankful for, and nothing to fear. But my DIS friends, my first reaction was this:

I PAID ALL OF THAT MONEY TO GO TO DISNEYWORLD AND I CAN'T RIDE THE TOWER OF TERROR???:scared1::scared1:

Yes, petty as it might be, it was my first reaction.:lmao: I know, silly, silly Sheresa. I'm over that now, and will need all of my DIS mommies/daddys help and advice. Basically, I've cleared with my doctor that everything WDW says you shouldn't ride, you don't. And, no drinking around the world showcase.:sad1: I know, but man, I was really looking forward to doing these things with my sister on her first trip.

I have also read a lot on the internet (that can be a seriously scary place) and know the basics of going to WDW and being pregnant. What I would love to know is those of you that have been in my shoes:

1. Did you pack anything extra to be comfortable?
2. Did you take naps on a regular basis?
3. Did you eat more than you thought you would?
4. Any thoughts/advice

I am seriously nervous about this trip now. I have been blessed so far with an easy pregnancy, no morning sickness, nausea, or uncomfortable episodes (you ladies know what I mean). The only thing is using the restroom frequently. So, any suggestions you want to throw my way to make my trip more comfortable, send them my way.

I am rambling and will post something more coherent later, but I had to get the post up or I fear some people may have been looking for me later.

Thanks for reading!
S

Connie96
11-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Congratulations girl!! :banana: That's wonderful news! (And, yes, that was actually my guess... :))

Well, I've never been at WDW and pregnant at the same time, so I just have generic advice... Every woman and every pregnancy is different, so just pay attention to your body and do as she says!

Oh, and your trip just got more expensive! You never noticed how much cute baby stuff they have at WDW until you have a REASON to notice. :goodvibes

onelilspark
11-10-2009, 05:32 PM
Congrats! My Mom went when she was pregnant with my brother, she was about 7 months pregnant and still had a good time! I've never been there or done that, but I would suggest taking in some of the streetmosphere at HS, a lot of the shows, oh! and the animation class!!

MomsOf2boys
11-10-2009, 09:27 PM
I went pregnant the entire pregnancy of my 2nd child as we lived just 2 hours away and I took the other kids every other weekend. :thumbsup2

My advise is when you get tired.... REST!

Drink lots of liquids even though you want to stop at every restroom, dehydration is so not good when you are pregnant!

Enjoy the magic as its now inside you as well as around you pixiedust:

And congratulations! :cheer2::dance3::woohoo::banana:::santa::cloud9::p rincess::pirate::

lbuzz52
11-11-2009, 01:03 AM
Congrats!! That's great news!!

As fir your questions- I completely agree. Stay hydrated, even though you have to pee everytime you see liquid. Rest when you feel like it and take time to elevate your feet. With one kid I ate everything in site, the other not so much. Just keep some snacks handy and you'll be good. You may get hot quicker.
As for not being Able to ride certain things- there will still be tons to ride and tons to see. And you'll be looking at everything thinking if the joy it will bring when you first bring your kid. You won't miss the rides as much as you think.
Just enjoy the time with your man. You know your couple time will be way limited once your sweet pea arrives.
I saw tons of pregnant ladies last week. None of them appeared to be any more tired than my out of shape self was. I think as long as you listen to your body you will be fine.

shebaxric
11-11-2009, 09:14 AM
Congratulations girl!! :banana: That's wonderful news! (And, yes, that was actually my guess... :))

Well, I've never been at WDW and pregnant at the same time, so I just have generic advice... Every woman and every pregnancy is different, so just pay attention to your body and do as she says!

Oh, and your trip just got more expensive! You never noticed how much cute baby stuff they have at WDW until you have a REASON to notice. :goodvibes
Thank you so much Connie! You a very perceptive, by the way. I wonder how many other people guessed....
DH is acutely aware of the fact that shopping will be one of my favorite pass times this trip....:scared1: is his reaction.:rotfl2: Well, I am going with my in-laws and my sister, so honestly, they'll have a hand in the buying of adorable Disney clothing, toys, etc. I will definitely listen to my body, I know my limits, but it's definitely important to listen closer than ever now.

Congrats! My Mom went when she was pregnant with my brother, she was about 7 months pregnant and still had a good time! I've never been there or done that, but I would suggest taking in some of the streetmosphere at HS, a lot of the shows, oh! and the animation class!!
Thank you very much! I am actually glad that I'm only a few months along, because I'm not sure I could be brave enough to fight the crowds and do the whole miles of walking at 7 months. Your mom is a trooper, that's for sure. As for the ideas at HS, thank you! I know that is one park I was concerned about. You have given me a couple of things I'll be sure to do!:)

I went pregnant the entire pregnancy of my 2nd child as we lived just 2 hours away and I took the other kids every other weekend. :thumbsup2

My advise is when you get tired.... REST!

Drink lots of liquids even though you want to stop at every restroom, dehydration is so not good when you are pregnant!

Enjoy the magic as its now inside you as well as around you pixiedust:

And congratulations! :cheer2::dance3::woohoo::banana:::santa::cloud9::p rincess::pirate::

Thank you so much!!:goodvibes The rest thing is going to be hard for me because I am going to feel like I need to take everything in, but, again, as Connie said, I'll be listening to my body! And, thank you so much for all the smilies!! I love them!

Congrats!! That's great news!!

As fir your questions- I completely agree. Stay hydrated, even though you have to pee everytime you see liquid. Rest when you feel like it and take time to elevate your feet. With one kid I ate everything in site, the other not so much. Just keep some snacks handy and you'll be good. You may get hot quicker.
As for not being Able to ride certain things- there will still be tons to ride and tons to see. And you'll be looking at everything thinking if the joy it will bring when you first bring your kid. You won't miss the rides as much as you think.
Just enjoy the time with your man. You know your couple time will be way limited once your sweet pea arrives.
I saw tons of pregnant ladies last week. None of them appeared to be any more tired than my out of shape self was. I think as long as you listen to your body you will be fine.

First of all, :welcome:!! I'm sorry I missed your earlier post. Thank you so much for your advice and suggestions. I honestly am not concerned about the rides anymore, I just freaked out when I first found out. I will definitely stay hydrated, that is goal number one for me right now. I am honestly already thinking about when it's too early to take the baby back with us....:lmao:

Everyone, thanks so much, it's people like you on these boards that make life so much better. I really would miss out on so much if I weren't here with all of you lovely people!:grouphug:

Connie96
11-11-2009, 09:51 AM
I think that a great possibility about being pregnant at WDW is that you'll have an reason to slow down and enjoy the magic in the details. Okay, that's theoretical since I haven't experienced that myself, but when I was about 5 months pregnant we were considering a WDW trip - my SIL's family was going then and we wanted to tag along. At first I thought it was a ridiculous idea since my ride participation would be restricted but then I started getting excited about just enjoying the magic. :wizard: DH is always wanting to go slower and take it all in (and take three hundred pictures of every little thing), and I realize he's not with me anymore and I have to stop and turn around and locate him, roll my eyes, tap my foot and wait for him to COME ON!!!!! :sad2: (<--aimed at ME, not DH...) As it turned out, we weren't able to swing it that time, and I would have been terribly disappointed, BUT it just so happens that my ultrasound was scheduled for the same week as their trip so we got our own magic that week when we found out we were having a baby girl! :goodvibes And my SIL brought home all kinds of cute little pink WDW stuff for us... ;)

shebaxric
11-11-2009, 11:24 AM
I think that a great possibility about being pregnant at WDW is that you'll have an reason to slow down and enjoy the magic in the details. Okay, that's theoretical since I haven't experienced that myself, but when I was about 5 months pregnant we were considering a WDW trip - my SIL's family was going then and we wanted to tag along. At first I thought it was a ridiculous idea since my ride participation would be restricted but then I started getting excited about just enjoying the magic. :wizard: DH is always wanting to go slower and take it all in (and take three hundred pictures of every little thing), and I realize he's not with me anymore and I have to stop and turn around and locate him, roll my eyes, tap my foot and wait for him to COME ON!!!!! :sad2: (<--aimed at ME, not DH...) As it turned out, we weren't able to swing it that time, and I would have been terribly disappointed, BUT it just so happens that my ultrasound was scheduled for the same week as their trip so we got our own magic that week when we found out we were having a baby girl! :goodvibes And my SIL brought home all kinds of cute little pink WDW stuff for us... ;)

:cutie::cutie::cutie:
Have you taken your daughter on her first trip yet?

mousescrapper
11-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Sheresa!!!

:yay: CONGRATS!!!!! I was secretly hoping this was the fun news you had to share....:goodvibes

I ditto the advice above....if you have been well at home you'll probably be ok there, but if you feel tired rest, put up your feet as much as you and yes DRINK!!!! lots of water!

I was actually pregnant on our trip in 1998 w/ the twins and didn't even know it though...did the whole ToT and had some mixed fruity drink somewhere...but it was all good.

I have one Dis friend who was newly pregnant on her 2nd to last trip, MRYPPNS...you could alwasy PM for any advice...she was there w/ her 18 mo son too plus fighting a cold...so that may have contributed to some :sick:

either way Congratulations again and have a wonderful trip....and what a story to tell your little one later...my twins like to count my pregnancy trip in how many times they have been to WDW :lovestruc

GreatBiscuit
11-11-2009, 12:03 PM
I'm pregnant!!! Yes, you saw correctly! I had my first doctor's appointment today and I'm due June 24th, 2010. Congratulations! :thumbsup2

But my DIS friends, my first reaction was this:

I PAID ALL OF THAT MONEY TO GO TO DISNEYWORLD AND I CAN'T RIDE THE TOWER OF TERROR???:scared1::scared1:

:lmao: Don't worry. We all get it.

So awesome! Can't wait to see how the trip turns out.

Connie96
11-11-2009, 12:32 PM
:cutie::cutie::cutie:
Have you taken your daughter on her first trip yet?
I've got the bug pretty bad, but the budget just hasn't allowed for it yet. It's going to be SUCH a different experience from DH and I going on our own.

I'd really love to take her in the next few months before she turns 3 in May since kids under 3 are FREE!!!:banana:

I think she's ready, too. We did the local fair and she wanted to ride every ride and loved them all. We also had a fun encounter with the Blue Cross/Blue Shield "Blue Bear" mascot at the AHA Heart Walk this year. We did 4th of July fireworks this year and after a minor freak-out at the very beginning, she loved it and kept asking to go see them again for several days after. Let's see... Rides, check. Characters, check. Fireworks, check. We are SO ready!! :cool1:

Now, if the Real Estate business will just pick up a little, we are so THERE!

shebaxric
11-11-2009, 12:50 PM
Sheresa!!!

:yay: CONGRATS!!!!! I was secretly hoping this was the fun news you had to share....:goodvibes

I ditto the advice above....if you have been well at home you'll probably be ok there, but if you feel tired rest, put up your feet as much as you and yes DRINK!!!! lots of water!

I was actually pregnant on our trip in 1998 w/ the twins and didn't even know it though...did the whole ToT and had some mixed fruity drink somewhere...but it was all good.

I have one Dis friend who was newly pregnant on her 2nd to last trip, MRYPPNS...you could alwasy PM for any advice...she was there w/ her 18 mo son too plus fighting a cold...so that may have contributed to some :sick:

either way Congratulations again and have a wonderful trip....and what a story to tell your little one later...my twins like to count my pregnancy trip in how many times they have been to WDW :lovestruc
Hi Julie! Thanks for the kind words and advice! I promise to drink lots of water (this is going to sound strange, but I honestly CRAVE water, that and milk!:goodvibes) and will put my feet up as much as possible. They are already starting to swell slightly, that's never a good sign.:sad2: I think it's great that the twins count their pregnant visit to WDW! That's what you call die hards, to be sure!:goodvibes And, thank you for the advice with MRYPPNS, I'll PM her.

Congratulations! :thumbsup2

:lmao: Don't worry. We all get it.

So awesome! Can't wait to see how the trip turns out.

Thanks so much Biscuit! I am glad that everyone "gets it". Oh, and that full report on Space Mountain will be coming from someone else, either DH or Relly. So, you know it won't be as detailed, but you'll at least have it!

coltink
11-11-2009, 01:40 PM
Congrats on your pregnancy! That's so exciting!

You'll have a blast on this trip just soaking in all the magic and little things that we sometimes miss because we are in such a hurry! Just remember yes you are pregnant and can't do everything BUT the next time you come you will have a little one of your own. So take the time to do things that you have never done and probably won't have the desire to do with children-like the animation class. You will definitely notice children and babies more this trip than ever.

HAVE FUN!

shebaxric
11-11-2009, 05:04 PM
I've got the bug pretty bad, but the budget just hasn't allowed for it yet. It's going to be SUCH a different experience from DH and I going on our own.

I'd really love to take her in the next few months before she turns 3 in May since kids under 3 are FREE!!!:banana:

I think she's ready, too. We did the local fair and she wanted to ride every ride and loved them all. We also had a fun encounter with the Blue Cross/Blue Shield "Blue Bear" mascot at the AHA Heart Walk this year. We did 4th of July fireworks this year and after a minor freak-out at the very beginning, she loved it and kept asking to go see them again for several days after. Let's see... Rides, check. Characters, check. Fireworks, check. We are SO ready!! :cool1:

Now, if the Real Estate business will just pick up a little, we are so THERE!
I totally understand about the budget thing, my trip that I'm supposed to take to Disneyland in April may not happen:sad2:. I kinda have to prepare for a baby!!

Your daughter does sound like she is ready! Everything you've done has prepared her! Now, if they do the same buy 4 get 4 free next year, that might be in the budget.
pixiedust: for the market to turn around soon!

Congrats on your pregnancy! That's so exciting!

You'll have a blast on this trip just soaking in all the magic and little things that we sometimes miss because we are in such a hurry! Just remember yes you are pregnant and can't do everything BUT the next time you come you will have a little one of your own. So take the time to do things that you have never done and probably won't have the desire to do with children-like the animation class. You will definitely notice children and babies more this trip than ever.

HAVE FUN!

Thank you very much! You never honestly think about seeing things that are now a direct part of your life. For example, I know when I got my first new car I noticed all of the other cars like mine on the road... the same totally applies here!:cutie: I will definitely do the animation class, that's on my list!
You must be excited, you're almost down to two months for your trip!!!:banana:

NuttyDisneyMom
11-11-2009, 05:55 PM
Congratulations!:hug: That is AWESOME news! I had a sneaking suspicion that is what your surprise was;) My suggestion would to be to definitely take a break mid-day everyday and put your feet up if nothing else. You want to keep well hydrated too.

So excited for you! I leave in 9 days!:woohoo:

mybestieismickey
11-11-2009, 07:31 PM
Yay for your surprise! I am totally jealous. I was hoping that could be my surprise at the reunion my family had at Disneyland in October, but no luck yet. You can have no fear touring and being pregnant. There is so much to do and you have a great excuse to eat all the yummy snacks!

shebaxric
11-12-2009, 08:54 AM
Congratulations!:hug: That is AWESOME news! I had a sneaking suspicion that is what your surprise was;) My suggestion would to be to definitely take a break mid-day everyday and put your feet up if nothing else. You want to keep well hydrated too.

So excited for you! I leave in 9 days!:woohoo:
:banana::banana::banana::banana:
Dancing bananas for leaving in 9 days!!! I cannot wait until I get to single digits, too!! And thanks, I'll definitely be resting, although my brain will say, "You can keep going." I'm going to have to listen to that body of mine!

Yay for your surprise! I am totally jealous. I was hoping that could be my surprise at the reunion my family had at Disneyland in October, but no luck yet. You can have no fear touring and being pregnant. There is so much to do and you have a great excuse to eat all the yummy snacks!

Thank you!! I'm totally on the yummy snack train!:lmao: Good luck in your baby endeavors. I really think that as soon as you aren't thinking about "trying" it happens.:goodvibes

brookelizabeth
11-13-2009, 12:32 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

:yay::yay:

Joe and I have been talking about having a second child, but I said "AFTER CHRISTMAS! I don't want to be at Disney pregnant!" :laughing: But then, the thought of a newborn on the cruise we have booked for next year isn't so appealing either....:rolleyes:

Not gonna think about all that and just let God take care of the details.

It's all worth it. 481 bathroom trips in the middle of the night. Swollen ankles (mine were HUGE!). Stretch marks. All.worth.it. :lovestruc

I'm so excited for you!! And good timing on the baby-you won't have to go through the heat of summer pregnant! :thumbsup2

shebaxric
11-13-2009, 11:11 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

:yay::yay:

Joe and I have been talking about having a second child, but I said "AFTER CHRISTMAS! I don't want to be at Disney pregnant!" :laughing: But then, the thought of a newborn on the cruise we have booked for next year isn't so appealing either....:rolleyes:

Not gonna think about all that and just let God take care of the details.

It's all worth it. 481 bathroom trips in the middle of the night. Swollen ankles (mine were HUGE!). Stretch marks. All.worth.it. :lovestruc

I'm so excited for you!! And good timing on the baby-you won't have to go through the heat of summer pregnant! :thumbsup2

Hi Brook!

Thanks, and I am already swelling and the bathroom trips are already starting! I've been told it's only going to get worse.:scared1:

The timing was coincidental, but I'm really glad about the heat of summer, too. I think spring will be a perfect time to be pregnant.:goodvibes

OKAY EVERYONE, I AM NOW DOING THE SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!!! 9 DAYS AND COUNTING UNTIL WE LEAVE!
:woohoo::yay::cool1::banana:

MomsOf2boys
11-13-2009, 05:00 PM
9 more days! Single digit dancing is good for the swelling!

GreatBiscuit
11-13-2009, 05:44 PM
Happy Single Digits! :cool1:

mybestieismickey
11-13-2009, 08:46 PM
Love the single digit dance! I make DH dance like the banana with me. :banana: He also like to throw in a bit of the Charlie Brown/Peanuts dance too.

shebaxric
11-15-2009, 06:54 AM
Love the single digit dance! I make DH dance like the banana with me. :banana: He also like to throw in a bit of the Charlie Brown/Peanuts dance too.
I love the Charlie Brown dance!!!

Happy Single Digits! :cool1:
:woohoo::woohoo:

9 more days! Single digit dancing is good for the swelling!
You are absolutely right, I need to dance more often!!!:rotfl:

onelilspark
11-15-2009, 08:34 AM
Oh my goodness! I can't believe it's that close! (I can't believe Thanksgiving is that close either!!!) You must be so excited!!!

MomsOf2boys
11-15-2009, 09:26 PM
But I cannot believe that when I get back I will only have 24 days before Christmas! :scared1: i guess everyone on my list will be getting Disney gifts! More shopping for me!:rolleyes1

shebaxric
11-16-2009, 11:24 AM
Oh my goodness! I can't believe it's that close! (I can't believe Thanksgiving is that close either!!!) You must be so excited!!!
It is so strange how these trips that you have been waiting all year for suddenly creep up on you like that! I am extremely excited and would be usless at work if it weren't for the fact that my boss is in Europe on business all week so I have to take care of things here (lunchtime for DIS is a must, however).

But I cannot believe that when I get back I will only have 24 days before Christmas! :scared1: i guess everyone on my list will be getting Disney gifts! More shopping for me!:rolleyes1
Did someone say shopping??:banana: My favorite! I know about the whole Christmas thing!:scared1: DH and I were trying to go light on Christmas this year for each other because of the trip and because of money we want to set aside for the baby. However, that just doesn't seem to be happening.....:rolleyes1

shebaxric
11-16-2009, 11:40 AM
Hello all!

So, with 5 days until we leave to drive down, I find myself worrying about whether or not we have everything. Of course, this week couldn't be any busier! I'm only going to be home tonight and Friday night straight from work, so I'll be trying to get the last minute shopping for my niece (who is staying with my four legged children while we are gone) done, pack, laundry:laundy:, check my lists twice, and I guess wait. Considering my week's busy schedule, I'm glad I won't have time to wait much because I'm not very good at the whole waiting thing when it comes down to the wire.:rolleyes1

Question for everyone: How do you "wait" while down to the last week before your WDW vacation?

Thanks for reading!
S.

onelilspark
11-16-2009, 12:00 PM
Question for everyone: How do you "wait" while down to the last week before your WDW vacation?

"Can we leave now? How 'bout now?"

shebaxric
11-16-2009, 01:01 PM
"Can we leave now? How 'bout now?"

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

MomsOf2boys
11-16-2009, 01:51 PM
Hello all!

Thanks for reading!
S.

Read trip reports! :scared1: Just in case I might learn some new tidbit or hear about some snack item

:surfweb:

mybestieismickey
11-16-2009, 02:45 PM
I too read trip reports like mad when it gets close to leave. I also check the tip and strategy boards just in case. I'm not so good at the waiting, so I find things to keep me busy if I'm not busy already. Last WDW trip I was going nuts alone since DH was meeting me at WDW from his business trip. That was rough. I was staying with my mom and she just didn't get it. Then again, she never has. But she does try to be supportive I guess...

shebaxric
11-17-2009, 04:45 PM
Read trip reports! :scared1: Just in case I might learn some new tidbit or hear about some snack item

:surfweb:

Check on the trip report reading. Well, as much as I can get in this week... I'm very very busy at work!!

I too read trip reports like mad when it gets close to leave. I also check the tip and strategy boards just in case. I'm not so good at the waiting, so I find things to keep me busy if I'm not busy already. Last WDW trip I was going nuts alone since DH was meeting me at WDW from his business trip. That was rough. I was staying with my mom and she just didn't get it. Then again, she never has. But she does try to be supportive I guess...
You know, I cannot imagine staying with someone right before your trip that doesn't share the same enthusiasm.:sad2: It's really good to have these boards, so our happy dances are shared!
:dance3::dance3:

mousescrapper
11-18-2009, 04:00 PM

Do you remember my 10 days of Disney countdown from my last PTR?

each day/night we did some fun Disney thing to get us even more in the mood :goodvibes

Since you seem pretty busy how about a few things like this?

1) listen to Disney music CD's, online, etc

2) you tube a quick Disney ride/attraction video and watch while having breakfast

3) look at pictures w/ your hubby of some of the last trips

4) make a list of your TOP 5 things to do

Scrappie J~

coltink
11-23-2009, 12:06 PM
Well I guess you are already there! Lucky you! I hope you had fun and let us know when you get back.

Take lots of pics!!!

onelilspark
12-01-2009, 11:00 AM
I think you should be back now...soooo...

How was it?!

shebaxric
12-02-2009, 11:51 AM
Well I guess you are already there! Lucky you! I hope you had fun and let us know when you get back.

Take lots of pics!!!

I think you should be back now...soooo...

How was it?!

Hi There!
Yes, I am back and still trying to sort through the packages, pictures and laundry that you experience when coming back from vacation! I promise to start a TR soon! Thanks for hanging in there, I'll be back soon!

coltink
12-02-2009, 12:40 PM
:welcome: back! I hope you had a wonderful time!!!

onelilspark
12-02-2009, 03:27 PM
:banana: Yes! A TR!

mousescrapper
12-15-2009, 11:18 AM
Hi There!
Yes, I am back and still trying to sort through the packages, pictures and laundry that you experience when coming back from vacation! I promise to start a TR soon! Thanks for hanging in there, I'll be back soon!

How are you feeling? how's your pre-bundle of joy? :cloud9:

Hope your trip was great! I can't wait to read about it and are you going back next year too....:confused:

we could meet!!!!

Stop by too when you can, I started my new PTR for BLT 11-2010 :goodvibes

J~

brookelizabeth
12-15-2009, 08:08 PM
Looking forward to your TR!!! :goodvibes

MomsOf2boys
12-15-2009, 08:38 PM
:wave2:

GreatBiscuit
12-23-2009, 07:15 PM
Looking forward to the TR! You all have a Merry Christmas!

Charlefours
12-31-2009, 05:38 PM
Hello!

Found your PTR--read it through tonight! :thumbsup2 Looking forward to your TR to see how everything went, :goodvibes :surfweb: popcorn::