PDA

View Full Version : Standard Rooms at Poly

TAKitty
09-21-2009, 11:36 AM
Tell me about the standard rooms at the Poly. Do all the buildings have standard rooms? What can I expect? Thanks!

justcantwait
09-21-2009, 11:43 AM
Can't give first hand experiences, as we're staying at the Poly for the first time next year. But, I've been doing some research, and no, not all buildings have standard, garden-view rooms. Hawaii (I think) is all concierge level. You might want to check out Tikiman's site (link below). Lots of info there! Good luck!

Kathy

http://www.tikimanpages.com/tiki/

TAKitty
09-21-2009, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the link! I knew it existed but a quick google search didn't uncover it!

maxiesmom
09-21-2009, 12:14 PM
My standard room was in the Tokelau Longhouse. It was on the first floor, so we had a little patio, plus a view of the quiet pool. We could hear the boom of the fireworks when they started over the Magic Kingdom, and it was very cool to be able to just walk a little ways and see them going off over the castle.:goodvibes

In my room there was me, my dad, and my then 14yr old nephew, and we had plenty of room.

The bathroom was a bit on the dark side, but I don't wear much makeup at Disney, so it wasn't a huge deal for me.

I liked that the Tokelau Longhouse is right across from Captain Cooks. There wasn't far to go if you wanted a quick snack. And that location made it easy to just walk to the TTC and catch a monorail there to either MK or Epcot.

I would love to go back to the Poly someday.:cloud9:

DrmWvr1299
09-21-2009, 05:16 PM
Where is Tokelau Longhouse located?? I know where the GCH is.

BreezysMom
09-21-2009, 05:27 PM
I hope this works...here is a link for the poly map. I hope it helps!

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=27468864&postcount=7

ODaddy
09-21-2009, 08:51 PM
Stayed at POLY this past August and was a little concerned reading a few posts, however Samoa 3rd. floor Garden view worked out just fine. Faced the volcano pool and 3rd. floor has a balcony plus I heard more noise at the "quiet pool" than the volcano pool. Didn't want ground floor, since, hey, you're in Florida and so are the bugs. Samoa is a bit of a walk to the TTC, but a short walk to the GCH, also a quick walk to the "beach".