PDA

View Full Version : AA cards / discounts

Katies Dad
09-21-2009, 12:07 PM
Hi
Not been around for ages as we have been holidaying around the Red Sea. Next year hoping to either go back to Orlando or try the East Coast.

I read on the boards about AA discounts for hotels etc and our RAC has just come for renewal, would taking out AA cover be a better idea, are the discounts worth it? We are going to be needing flights, car hire, hotels etc etc.

Many thanks, I`m sure there will be lots more questions over the next few days.

wayneg
09-22-2009, 07:28 AM
I took out AA membership last year, just to have incase I saw any AAA discounts, after 3 trips since getting it still not used it. Hotels I have found cheaper thru a UK agent or Disney.co.uk for Disney hotel.
Why no just do AA anyway or would you prefer to be with RAC?
I just took basic breakdown cover, looked now its 28 but you get 19(40 on higher policies) back fom Quidco so actually only costs 9 for the year.
http://www.quidco.com/aa-uk-breakdown/

If you prefer RAC just wait & buy the AA cover at 9 if you need it, buy RAC now, remember cashback with them also http://www.quidco.com/rac/

Katies Dad
09-23-2009, 07:19 AM
Thanks I`ll check that out, have RAC as it was cheaper of the two a couple of years ago (not used it!!) need to renew just in case so thought of AA then at least we have it should a wonderful price appear! will check out quidco.com (not used them before but hear about them a lot)

Many thanks

wayneg
09-23-2009, 10:24 AM
will check out quidco.com (not used them before but hear about them a lot)

Many thanks

Everyone should register with a cashback site, personally I use Rpoints.com but for anyone new to cashback they can be a bit complicated, Quidco is more user friendly.
Every little item I buy goes thru Rpoints, even if its a 1.99 purchase on Ebay I get 4p back. Or bigger items like Car insurance I got 45 cashback.
Been registered for 4 years, just got another 108 back from them yesterday which now makes my total 1,555.77 & still another 29.36 waiting to clear. It really is free money.

traceycooper
09-23-2009, 01:53 PM
we used AA card at universal for restaurants & shops, think it was 10% off :) have heard mixed things about WDW shops/restaurants maybe someone can clear that up???

DISWolves
09-24-2009, 03:50 AM
When we booked Disney hotel direct, a discount was made from the price when I said I was AAA member. (not sure what %) I was asked for my membership number at the time of booking, but was never asked for proof when I checked in at the hotel.