PDA

View Full Version : heathrow to miami??

lexie32
09-21-2009, 06:17 AM
after watching the flight prices rise and rise going into Mco and Tampa we are considering flying from LHR to MIA the prices are pretty much the same so taking price away from the decision who would you fly with?(2 adults and 1 child)

British Airways

American Airlines

Virgin Atlantic

All fly direct, we usually use virgin into MCO but see on the Miami flights there are no seats of just 3 together, American Airlines lands earliest giving us the option to drive straight to Orlando, British Airways does have seats of 3 across......

i just don't know please help me decide!!!!

Alex

orangetiggs
09-21-2009, 06:26 AM
the Miami route with virgin is so much better than the mco route, the planes are the newer ones with the great entertainment system so i would go with these

SammieG
09-21-2009, 01:12 PM
I second that! THe other thing is that BA often have a sale on and we got our miami flights for half of that into Orlando for August this year !

igk
09-21-2009, 02:47 PM
We always fly to MIA but then we don't spend the entire time on our trips at WDW. This time we're having a few days at Madeira Beach first.
We're flying VA - it was about the same price as BA, and not too much more than a connecting flight, and for me the V-Port entertainment made my mind up, as the kids love it. So much so that I get moaned at on every other flight with less good entertainment :mad:
We've flown BA too and that was fine. Haven't flown AA non-stop, only with a connection (which didn't work out too well). We're flying to LAX non-stop with AA next year (putting the compensation from the MIA flights against the cost :thumbsup2)

Mrs Dazzle
09-21-2009, 03:46 PM
Don't particularly like Miami airport, but prefer the journey - but then we spend more time down the beach at Naples, Fort Myers and Marco Island.

It's an easy journey to Orlando, can be done in 3hrs 45 without a stop.

We've usually flown VA, but this October we're doing an indirect with AA because it's a last minute budget break.

Like others have said, the VA flights from LHR are much newer planes.