PDA

View Full Version : dining plan

martinrmn
09-20-2009, 01:42 PM
Help! This is our first time with the Disney dining plan. We are staying at the Poly for 5 nights in December. Now the thing is we like to eat at the Rainforest Cafe and know it is not part of the dining plan. What we want to do is have breakfast with Lilo and Stitch and eat at some of the restaurants in Downtown. What do most people do when they have the DDP?:confused3

scojos
09-20-2009, 02:36 PM
pace yourself! loads of food, you just dont understand how much until day 3 or 4, when it hits you!
we split cs meals last year, did a ts everyday, as a bfast family we ate ts meals as they worked best for us, i recommend boma, crystal palace and tusker house, chef mickeys is good too.
dont save your snacks, use them and enjoy them, we ended up with about 40 left on the last day!!
pop over to the restaurant boards, loads of info on there.
enjoy your planning!
tracy

wayneg
09-20-2009, 03:03 PM
We did it for 16 nights last month, after seeing pics I didn't think it was enough for me, thought I would be hungry. Everyone was saying it was too much food and not to worry. In reality it was just right, last 2 days had no TS credits left so had to use the 2 spare CS credits but didn't enjoy doing that, we like a proper meal in the evening. Snacks we bought about 6 bags of bummy bears on last day to use up.
We did 2 breakfasts, Chef Mickeys and Crystal Palace enjoyed CM but not so much CP(already seen characters at eve meal there), wish we had done Lilo and Stitch instead of that.
Great to try places I wouldn't pay the OTT prices for normally.

orangetiggs
09-20-2009, 03:13 PM
we got back last week from 15 days of ddp and loved it, we ate at some great places

chefs de france and tusker house breakfast are a must for us next year as they were great

we decided to eat at places we wouldnt normally eat at so we got to try them and loved it

martinrmn
09-20-2009, 03:26 PM
Reading these reports makes me hungry and glad that we have booked DDP. Where is Tusker House? Sounds good for breakfast.

orangetiggs
09-20-2009, 03:48 PM
tusker house is at animal kingdom and it was the best breakfast we had, its with donal and daisy

the food was so nice a great gammon and so much choice, well worth a visit. its right next to the safari as well so if you get an early reservation you can go straight onto the ride come 9am

martinrmn
09-20-2009, 03:59 PM
tusker house is at animal kingdom and it was the best breakfast we had, its with donal and daisy

the food was so nice a great gammon and so much choice, well worth a visit. Its right next to the safari as well so if you get an early reservation you can go straight onto the ride come 9am

hmmmm.