PDA

View Full Version : Anyone up for a Mythos meal on 7/20 (**update 7/9 -- date changed to 7/19 **)?


WebmasterBarry
07-08-2002, 10:42 PM
I was thinking that for those at the "other theme park," you can come over to Universal's Islands of Adventure for a lunch or dinner at Mythos on 7/19. I can make a reservation for those without park tickets. That way, you can get into the park for 2 hours at no charge, eat at Mythos, and then exit the park. I wouldn't try to ride something. You need to leave a credit card inprint at Guest Relations. You need to return in 2 hours or your credit card is charged. If we are held up, we can have the restaurant call ahead and say that we are. If you try to ride something, invaribly the ride will break down and you will lose your deposit.

We can do lunch, but dinner may be better. If we do it at 8 pm, fireworks are at around 9:50. We can eat and then watch the fireworks. Oh, parking is free after 6 pm.

So who is interested? Please reply if you are!

rocketman23
07-08-2002, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Barry Hom
We can do lunch, but dinner may be better. If we do it at 8 pm, fireworks are at around 9:50. We can eat and then watch the fireworks. Oh, parking is free after 6 pm.

You're not going to the FLCC party, Barry? Oh well, I got the RPR tour all day, and then the party that evening... besides the thing under my name will explain my answer anyway. ;)

WebmasterBarry
07-09-2002, 12:51 PM
I think 7/19 will be better, come to think of it.

CPM
07-10-2002, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Barry Hom
You need to return in 2 hours or your credit card is charged. If we are held up, we can have the restaurant call ahead and say that we are. If you try to ride something, invaribly the ride will break down and you will lose your deposit.


Oh, don't worry about the rides being broken down, I won't be there!:rolleyes:

MsDisney
07-11-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by CPM


Oh, don't worry about the rides being broken down, I won't be there!:rolleyes:

Of course, even then, they're not "broken down" - just shut down for safety reasons...for those guests who forget where the exit to the ride actually IS, or aren't interested in waiting until they get there!!! :rolleyes:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Karen
:smooth:

MsDisney
07-11-2002, 01:31 PM
So who is interested? Please reply if you are!

I would think Kevin (MIB999999) and I would be interested...Friday night...why the heck not? It would be nice to be there at night for a change...

Karen :smooth:

MsDisney
07-16-2002, 02:16 PM
Bump!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Is this still on, or did I miss something???

Karen

CPM
07-16-2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by MsDisney

I would think Kevin (MIB999999) and I would be interested...Friday night...why the heck not? It would be nice to be there at night for a change...
Karen :smooth:

Sure you guys have it at night when I'm not able to come! I come alive at night! :D

MsDisney
07-16-2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by CPM


Sure you guys have it at night when I'm not able to come! I come alive at night! :D

You and me, both, Cheryl!!!

I am also NOT a morning person!!! Not by a longshot!!! :rolleyes:

You'll be back...we'll have to do the "Margaritaville meet"!!! ;)

Karen

CPM
07-16-2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by MsDisney

You and me, both, Cheryl!!!
I am also NOT a morning person!!! Not by a longshot!!! :rolleyes:
You'll be back...we'll have to do the "Margaritaville meet"!!! ;)
Karen

You're on!:D

WebmasterBarry
07-16-2002, 04:07 PM
The Mythos meet is still on! Meet between 7:45 and 8:00 pm at Mythos. After eating, we will watch the fireworks.

I think MsDisney needs to host "Drink Around Citywalk." :)

WebmasterBarry
07-16-2002, 04:10 PM
Oh, don't forget about the 7/19 MIB shoot-off at 4 pm.

MsDisney
07-16-2002, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Barry Hom
The Mythos meet is still on! Meet between 7:45 and 8:00 pm at Mythos. After eating, we will watch the fireworks.

I think MsDisney needs to host "Drink Around Citywalk." :)

Cool, Barry! I was just fixin' to PM you on this! :rolleyes:

The tour would be the Happy Hour tour, however, because I'm frugal!!! :rolleyes: Well, plus we have a wedding and house to pay for! :D ;) :smooth:

We'll be there...what time are the fireworks?

Karen

vickyBaby
07-16-2002, 05:51 PM
I AM NOT eating pork brains for $5 or any amount of money Mr. Hom. See you at IOA on Friday.

robvia
07-16-2002, 08:46 PM
My dad and I are driving up Friday, so that's two more you can count in.

MsDisney
07-16-2002, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Barry Hom
Oh, don't forget about the 7/19 MIB shoot-off at 4 pm.

Afraid these two agents won't be there for the shoot-off...:(

The other agent K ;) (the male one, as opposed to me!), works another job by day as a front... :smooth:

We'll get there for Mythos, however!

Karen

MsDisney
07-17-2002, 02:28 PM
MIB999999 has made reservations for 8pm (and I told him you and your dad were added on, Robvia!) at Mythos...

The reservations, I'm told, are in the name of Hom...

And now for some reason I'm singing a U2 version of that...

In the name of Hom...
What more in the name of Hom...

Ok...never mind...:rolleyes:

Karen :smooth:

vickyBaby
07-27-2002, 05:48 AM
I survived the "Barry Meet."

I arrived at Universal around 3 pm and Barry and I decided to play "cell-phone tag" while we tried to meet up with eachother. Since he was getting my voice-mail and vice versa, I just showed up outside of MIB early. My son was so excited to meet Barry. I told him to look for a celebrity wearing a feather boa.

A lovely young man named Tim approached my family and asked if we were there for the Barry meet. Tim is a new DIS'er and decided to join us. I regret I do not recall Tim's user ID (he "hangs out" on the Universal board) but he was a delightful individual. A few others joined us. We just needed the "Big Guy."

The anticipation was building and a tall figure with dark MIB type glasses approached us. GASP. This was the infamous "Mr. Hom." I greeted the "Big Kahuna" with gifts: A blue furry "funny hat" with a boingy ball on it, a can of Octopus, and a can of Squid in Ink Sauce. Mr. Hom thanked me for my gifts and decided to not feed me to Jaws. He chose to refrain from chowing down on the delightful treats I provided. He wanted to save room for our meal at Mythos. He put the "funny hat" on briefly so we could laugh, and we headed off for the MIB shoot-out.

Barry was staying on-site at the Royal Pacific Hotel, so he had FOTL access. We whizzed, past the long waiting lines, and got right on MIB. My son was thoroughly impressed and thought Barry was a VERY IMPORTANT PERSON. DS came in last place in scoring and started to panic. He heard the loser would be served "Canned Pork Brains in Milk." Barry told him he forgot to bring a can of it, so he was off the hook.

We proceeded over to IOA, rode a few more rides, and headed off to Mythos for dinner. Ms. Disney and MIB9999 (the recently engaged couple) joined the group for dinner (I guess they were afraid to join the MIB shoot-out and being served Pork Brains). We had a wonderful dinner (sans the pork brains) and then we enjoyed the fireworks.

Thank you again Barry for arranging this meet. My son spoke about you for days to anyone who would listen. We had a fabulous time and we enjoyed meeting so many other wonderful DIS'ers.