PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Give Me Info on What NOT TO MISS at City Walk?

TwinMom7
07-08-2002, 01:11 PM
We always do our evenings at Downtown Disney and the Boardwalk, but decided this year to maybe spend an evening at City Walk.

Where do you recommend to eat and how about the entertainment?

I'd love to hear your opinions!!

PartyofSix
07-08-2002, 04:18 PM
We visited Citywalk everyday last week when we were in Orlando. My favorite place was Margaritville. It was entainment and great food rolled into one! The Hard Rock is a neat place to look around but the food was not impressive to me. Motown has great homemade potatoe chips and pat's bar has nice panio music to listen to. With kids i'd go to Margaritville the music is enjoyable and the people on stiles come around and make ballon hats for the kids and just wait till the Vacano runs out of Margirta mix.LOL It was a great time we stayed 20 minutes after we paid the check!!!!

ProfesserBaxter
07-08-2002, 10:57 PM
Cigarz, but be warned alot of us employees go there.

WebmasterBarry
07-08-2002, 11:01 PM
So if we hang out there, will we meet Earl? :)

ProfesserBaxter
07-08-2002, 11:12 PM
Who knows? He might make a special appearance.

nluvwithdisney
07-09-2002, 08:55 AM
We enjoyed the Motown Cafe. The food and music was good. There is a dancefloor on the lower level of the restaurant. There is a lot of memorabilia to look at. It is slightly noisy, so don't expect to have quiet dinner conversation.

MsDisney
07-11-2002, 02:44 PM
We always do our evenings at Downtown Disney and the Boardwalk, but decided this year to maybe spend an evening at City Walk.

I don't know if you'll have kids with you or not...but Pat O'Briens can be fun. It's a dueling piano bar (like Jellyrolls at the Boardwalk) though not as good, IMO as Jellyrolls. Kids aren't allowed into the piano bar area after a certain time however.

If you have kids with you, they have shows that go on outside on the stage at night, which the kids enjoy...and they have a fountain to play in as well, I think they've added little rides and such (train, carnival games) and there is an arcade too. Nascar is a good place to have a few beers as they are $1.50 all the time for a pint of draft and they also have a good arcade in there.

Basically, there is something for everyone to do there...

Karen

mickey7861
07-12-2002, 11:55 AM
Margaritaville is our favorite. Great food, entertainment, atmosphere, and I love signing the Volcano Song when it erupts! My kids enjoy NBA City because of the basketball shooting games they have downstairs, their food is good too. Hard Rock is fun to look around in and the food is okay there too.

TheSecondCook
07-13-2002, 11:06 AM
Yeah, you gotta love cigarz's 1 beer, 2 dollar well employee specials! Hehe. Anyhoo, my favorite spot at Citywalk is the groove. I used to go there at least once a week when I was in my crazy clubbing and raving days. IT's still one of the nicest, cleanest clubs in town w/ some of the best music. You have to be into progressive house or breaks thugh.

Another good choice is city jazz. It's a great place to kick back and relax.

Buschfan
07-13-2002, 12:07 PM
Short and to the point...

$1.50 happy hour beer 3 to 7 at all City Walk establishments.

WebmasterBarry
07-13-2002, 01:10 PM
Hmmm...no wonder MsDisney is never home from 3 to 7! :)

tarheelmjfan
07-13-2002, 03:11 PM
This is great info. The last time we were there we kind of just used Citywalk as a way to get from one park to the other. However, we have eaten at Nascar Cafe and Hard Rock Cafe. We don't really care to return to either. Not because we had any complaints, but we really aren't into the Nascar scene. As far as the HRC, we've been there and done that a few times. We personally liked the old one better.

A couple questions:

Would a non alcohol drinking family, consisting of a 41, 34 and 10 yos., still enjoy Margaritaville.

How much do the basketball games downstairs cost. Knowing my DS, he could spend more money playing the games than what we're paying for the hotel and park admission. LOL :Pinkbounc

kellymonaghan
07-13-2002, 03:21 PM
Well, I don't drink and I find Margaritaville a lot of fun, especially the erupting volcano.

Every one in a while Buffett himself stops by, althopugh he may not do so as frequently now that the place has been up and running for a time. I was fortunate enough to be there twice when he dropped in and got up and did a set. Best entertainment bargain of the decade!

I also agree about Cigarz. It's CityWalk's best kept secret.