PDA

View Full Version : Portifino Bay vs Yacht Club

MineeBaby
07-08-2002, 11:31 AM
What do you think...would it be worth scratching two days off the end of our Yacht Club reservations and transfering to Portifino Bay for the last days of our honeymoon? Is it a pain in the neck? Worth it?

CPM
07-08-2002, 12:15 PM
Ahhh my two favorite hotels! I'm one that doesn't like to move hotel rooms, just seems like a pain to me. But are you going to IOA or Us anyway? If so I'd move.
You will find PBH very luxurious & romantic, maybe a really nice way to end your honeymoon.
A nice romantic roof top evening at Delfino Riviera restaurant would be really nice also.
If you move you won't be disappointed.

MineeBaby
07-08-2002, 01:43 PM
I dont love switching resorts either, especially if it will eat up the day. Do any of the Universal hotels have early check-in or will they watch your bags while you are out for the day? We really want to go to US and IOA, but are wanting to do lots of disney AND the whole staying out late, sleeping in, relaxing at Stormalong Bay, walking to the Boardwalk, etc. I saw the travel channel special on Portifino and i was REALLY excited about what i saw, and I really think we want to do it, but then I would hate to get there and then wish we were back at the YC. :) But the more i think about it, the better i think it will be.

PartyofSix
07-08-2002, 03:06 PM
I did a switch last week. We moved from a rental home mind you there was seven of us to move -triplets that are 2 and 10yo the nanny and dh and myself- into PBH on July 4th. It was quick and painless. We left the home at 8:30 and by 9 we were at the parks at US. Check in was a breeze. We were issued room keys and on our way. One of the three rooms were ready so we had them take our things to that room. They do have storage though. We asked for a 2p.m. check out and put our bags in storage the day we left then presented the claim checks at the bell stand and were quickly loaded and on our way. You will not be sorry about switch to PBH. It's the nicest, most elegant place. And romantic to boot! We were in the West side facing the Beach Pool with a balacony i found it very quiet and had and excellent front row seat for the fireworks which they'll have nightly until labor day. We had a king room w/balcony ent rate 180 room 2665. I just can't wait to go back. And the walk from our room was maybe a minute to the lagoon boat dock. The elevators were quick! Hope you make it to PBH.

webray
07-11-2002, 07:09 AM
We have stayed at both those resorts, and I would definately switch, while disney calls the Yacht club a deluxe resort...you won't know luxury until you check into the Portofino with those great beds, down comforters, large bathrooms and beautiful grounds. Definately head over to the Portofino for the last couple of days!

PartyofSix
07-11-2002, 11:13 AM
I can not speak for YC fans, but your missing something special if you skip PBH. We just got back on Saturday the 6th and we made plans yesterday to return for labor day weekend! Just me and my DH are going for a weekend trip I can't wait. The place just calls to you and the beds there are to die for! The congeirce sent me a fax so that I can buy everything I want for my bed at home to be just like the one we had.

MineeBaby
07-11-2002, 01:19 PM
wow! that is really something!! Everyone says to go...and to all the disney onsite fans, no offense..here is my real take on everything...
Its our honeymoon, arthur has never been before, and he very hesitant about it being the most magical place on earth..and im a total disney person and really want him to love it. My parents have a timeshare..west gate lakes to be exact, that we always stayed in while growing up. Once, we stayed in ASsports a LONG time ago, and i remember that it was just a blast, but i was only 13 or so. So..i was so excited about staying onsite again, especially with being so close to Epcot and being able to walk around and be IN the world, not having to deal with traffic, etc. Well..im SO dissapointed with the decor...there isnt ONE resort i can see from the pictures that is decorated sorta romantic and posh. some of the poly rooms look nice..the ones in mostly yellow and orange hues, but that is about it. It seems like they could afford to have at least one resort that is more adult decor, like the PBH...i LOVE the PBH from the travel channel show and the pictures ive seen...and i would love to stay there, but then we miss the whole Disney convience..so..i have no idea what to do. Has anyone been to a disney resort that has something a bit more poshy look? Im not exactly sure how to describe it...just..nice...relaxing..soothing..romantic...a nd maybe they look totally different in person than in the pictures all over the net. Does anyone understand what i am saying? again, no offense at all to the Disney resort fans...they all look great until you see what a room looks like...whew...ok..thanks for listening..hahaha

Lemur
07-11-2002, 01:42 PM
I haven't stayed at Yacht Club but I have spent a week at Portofino.

Go for it !

It is so romantic and won't seem like you're staying in a theme park hotel.

The rooms are amazing. The service is excellent. The atmosphere is just awesome.

I can't praise it enough.

If I was going on honeymoon, I wouldn't hesitate to book PBH.
All I need now is a wife ! :D

One word of advice .. get the most expensive room you can afford.

You won't regret it.

CPM
07-11-2002, 02:13 PM
I have stayed at every Disney resort & NO none of them is as Romantic as PBH or as psoh w/o getting a suite at the GF or YC. You can get a standard room or better yet a villa room overloooking the bay & you will feel like you're in heaven.