PDA

View Full Version : Airport Lounges at Gatwick. Which are worth it?

Lemur
09-13-2009, 06:43 AM
Afternoon all!

Just wondering if you've got any recommendations about which are the best lounges to get into a Gatwick?

I have been able to blag my way into the Virgin one in the past (lush) but it will closed when I fly out in October sadly so I'm considering booking into one of the others.

Which are the good ones? I've heard mixed things about the new Number One one but I do like the look and sound of it. Are the Servisair ones okay?

We're a group of five adults with no kids so want a place we can chill out, have some food and pre-flight bubbly somewhere quiet so want to make the right choice.

Any helpful suggestions/warnings? Much appreciated.

gemmybear83
09-13-2009, 09:50 AM
I'm booked into the No1 Lounge at Gatwick for the end of this month, its new 17.50 per person and includes food and drink.

http://www.holidayextras.co.uk/airport-lounges/gatwick/no-1.html

Lemur
09-14-2009, 04:18 AM
That's the one I was thinking about booking into but I've heard mixed reports. If you could maybe post a review from in there or after haaving just visited that would be great.

Anyone used it already? Or any otheer lounge in Gatwick recently?

Thanks.

Lilybee
09-14-2009, 04:32 AM
Currently sitting in the servisair one. Free beer and peace and quiet. That's all you need aint it ? :cool1:

Lemur
09-14-2009, 05:21 AM
Currently sitting in the servisair one. Free beer and peace and quiet. That's all you need aint it ? :cool1:

Which one? I thought there were two. Beer, peace and quiet? Heaven! :goodvibes

Lilybee
09-14-2009, 05:26 AM
Lol definatly. Its called 'Lingfield lounge ?'' Its not spectacular but would like to try the virgin ones next year ( If we fly with virgin that is ! ) :confused3

Lemur
09-14-2009, 06:11 AM
I would highly recommend the Virgin Lounge - although I've never been in the V Lounge, the Upper Class one is lovely.