PDA

View Full Version : Urgent advice needed - esta

Lilybee
09-12-2009, 01:44 PM
I have entered the passport expiration date incorrectly (2011 instead of 2016)

What shall I do. Please please help !

martinrmn
09-12-2009, 02:02 PM
not sure. have you tried re entering details?:confused3

wayneg
09-12-2009, 02:10 PM
If you can't amend it then do another.

DCLMan
09-12-2009, 02:10 PM
Just do another one, it overwrites the old one.

angelbaby29871
09-12-2009, 02:19 PM
as above just do another one. i had to do this for my dd2

Lilybee
09-12-2009, 02:28 PM
as above just do another one. i had to do this for my dd2

Lovely, all sorted. Re-applied without any problems. Phew, lucky I checked :idea: Did you have any issues at the other end ? We fly on Monday and it says complete the form no less then 72 hours. Obviously it is under this now. Is this going to cause any problems. It has been authorized !

ARGHHHHHH !!!

Lilybee
09-12-2009, 03:40 PM
Is everything I have done ok then ? All authorized so no worries about the 72 hour thing is there ??? :confused3

Pegasus928
09-13-2009, 12:03 AM
What matters is that you have been given authorisation to travel.
I would suspect that no-one has answered your question about what might happen at the other end because nobody really knows, however the Department of Homeland Security says:

When do I need to apply for a travel authorization?
Applications may be submitted at any time prior to travel to the United States. The Department of Homeland Security recommends that travel authorization applications be submitted at least 72 hours prior to travel. Unless revoked, travel authorizations are valid for two years from the date of authorization, or until your passport expires, whichever comes first.

The way I read this is that you can apply anytime before you travel (probably even the day before) and that the 72 hours isn't a rule but a guideline. You may have read that some people on these forums have had to wait a day or 2 before their applications have been authorized, while others have had them approved straight away.
The 72 hours is recommended just in case yours ends up being one of the unlucky ones that takes a little longer.
Hope this puts your mind at rest a little

gbrchill
09-15-2009, 01:53 PM
When do I need to apply for a travel authorization?
Applications may be submitted at any time prior to travel to the United States. The Department of Homeland Security recommends that travel authorization applications be submitted at least 72 hours prior to travel. Unless revoked, travel authorizations are valid for two years from the date of authorization, or until your passport expires, whichever comes first.

I recall reading somewhere that the travel authorisation can take up to 72 hours to be processed, that is why the 72 hour recommendation. If yours has cleared already then you should have no problems and are good to go.