PDA

View Full Version : Food and Wine Festival here I come!!!!

ddavis860
09-12-2009, 11:33 AM
WooHoo!!

:banana: Talked to DH and I think we will be going to the Food and Wine Festival next year!!

PrincessNancy96
09-12-2009, 01:58 PM
Yeah for you!!! I'm so excited for you!!!
That is going to be so much fun!!!

We are going back in June w/ the 3 kiddos.. I can't wait..
DH told me last night, I must meet my scrapping goal and exceed it by 25 or we can't go... little does he know.. I will do that! Must finish the last of my swaps and than hunker down in my scrapbook room!

rlovew
09-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Good for you Debbie! I love the festival!

You can do it Nancy!

Rebecca

ddavis860
09-12-2009, 02:25 PM
GO NAN!! :woohoo:

As for me, I've been wanting to go for a long time, but we have been waiting for the kids to get older... Well, they will both be in college, that's old enough, so DH said yeah lets plan it.

Rebecca, is there a better time to go earlier vs. later?

rlovew
09-12-2009, 02:40 PM
GO NAN!! :woohoo:

As for me, I've been wanting to go for a long time, but we have been waiting for the kids to get older... Well, they will both be in college, that's old enough, so DH said yeah lets plan it.

Rebecca, is there a better time to go earlier vs. later?

I would say that the first and last weekends are the most crowded- if you can make it for a couple weekdays you can normally do and see more than during the weekend as it is not as busy.

Again if you can wait until closer to the time you might find a band you really want to see and you could go then.

If you want to pay for an event, the one that seems to be the best deal for the money is Sweet Sundays.

Rebecca

ddavis860
09-12-2009, 03:05 PM
I would say that the first and last weekends are the most crowded- if you can make it for a couple weekdays you can normally do and see more than during the weekend as it is not as busy.

Again if you can wait until closer to the time you might find a band you really want to see and you could go then.

If you want to pay for an event, the one that seems to be the best deal for the money is Sweet Sundays.

Rebecca

I want to use points, so I have a window in which I can make ressies. Not sure when they post the band listings, or any of the other events. Or when tickets are available... This is my favorite part, the planning :) Oh, and the going... :goodvibes

DisneyIsTerrific
09-12-2009, 05:06 PM
:cool1: Debbie! That'll be fun. We'll just be missing the F&W festival when we go down for DS's birthday.

Nancy, you can get those pages done!!!!

New England Eeyore
09-12-2009, 06:26 PM
Congrats!! :woohoo: F&W is my most favorite time to be at WDW.

They usually don't release bands and special event info until the summer, but you can't go wrong whichever week you choose!

vanyel
09-12-2009, 06:58 PM
Congrats! I went once and really enjoyed it. We did go during the first week so it was a bit crowded, plus it was during free dining. I'd like to go back, if I convince dh that we don't have to wait 10 years between visits.

BernardandMissBianca
09-12-2009, 07:12 PM
Sweet! We've been once and I want to go again, without the kids this time! LOL

PrincessNancy96
09-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Me too.. once I "boot" all these young'ens out of our happy home, I'm gonna be screaming... "You've raised all these kids"... DH will ask "What are you going to do".. I'm gonna scream w/ tickets in hand "We're going to Disney World to drink around the world!"

ddavis860
09-12-2009, 07:42 PM
Oh Yeah!! :thumbsup2

You know where I'm coming from!! DS17 keeps saying he wants to come and I'm...NOPE!

PrincessNancy96
09-12-2009, 07:54 PM
Nope, once you leave, family vacations are out until grandkids!!!
(so we will have years to wait! LOL)

StitchIsOurHero
09-12-2009, 07:54 PM
Congratulations, Deb!!! You'll have an awesome time!!

And, you can do it, Nan!! I've got to get myself motivated to meet some scrapping goals too. . .we'll cheer on each other!!

PrincessNancy96
09-12-2009, 07:56 PM
Absolutely Brooke!!!!

PrincessNancy96
09-12-2009, 07:57 PM
You know, given DH's ultimatium to me (loving ultimatium) guess I should see how far I am off currently!

Lisa
09-12-2009, 08:47 PM
oh, Deb, that should be a great trip! :thumbsup2

YodasMom
09-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Congratulations, Deb! I love Food and Wine Fest and looking forward to it and MNSSHP this year!

Definately, week days are much less crowded. The events during the Festival are always changing so each year is a little different but there is lots to do!

This year, it was too hard to get away during the least crowded time for Food and Wine, so I will probably be there during the most crowded time, the first week...though, I plan to stay away from it most of the weekend.

morgansmom2000
09-13-2009, 06:04 AM
My sister goes every year. She's a "local" so she can take a couple days off of work and go. I think it's their favorite time to go.

Have a great time! I've got years and years until PrincessM is in college, but I can wait ;)

party of 3
09-13-2009, 07:05 AM
Congrats Deb!!!!
you'll have an amazing time!:yay:

we are trying to decide if we are going next year or not. we talked about it yesterday, just trying to decide on a time frame. but we are also doing a lot of much needed work in the house, so i don't know if it's in the budget or not.:confused3 i'm trying to figure out home much i have to save each week to make it possible!

and i too have a bit of a wait until bubba goes off to college. i'll just enjoy these days while i have them. i'm not rushing anything.

morgansmom2000
09-13-2009, 07:17 AM
Cough, cough...cruise - October 30, 2010...cough, cough. :lmao:

ddavis860
09-13-2009, 07:19 AM
I enjoyed all the ages as my kids were growing...even teenage angst wasn't so bad. I have great kids, and love to do things with them, don't get me wrong...

But I want to do all the things I wasn't able to do with them along... Like behind the scenes tours, Food and Wine, really spend time in Epcot... I'm so excited! Although DS17 still wants to come...he says he will be 18 and wants to get a drink in Canada... NOPE! :rotfl2:

ddavis860
09-13-2009, 07:24 AM

DH is pushing for another cruise too. So I might be trying to plan one for Jan/Feb 2011. I also for an email that the Wonder is going to be cruising Alaska in 2011...

morgansmom2000
09-13-2009, 07:33 AM
DH is pushing for another cruise too. So I might be trying to plan one for Jan/Feb 2011. I also for an email that the Wonder is going to be cruising Alaska in 2011...

I saw that too. I'm soooooooooooo hoping I can talk DH into that. He's not interested? :confused3 I've been wanting to do an Alaskan cruise for like, evah!

ddavis860
09-13-2009, 07:36 AM
My DH is the one that wants to do Alaska... The timing is bad for me at work to get vaca, and the cost is soooo high. That one we won't be doing for a while I'm thinking...

party of 3
09-13-2009, 07:39 AM
I WANNA GO!!!!!!!

I enjoyed all the ages as my kids were growing...even teenage angst wasn't so bad. I have great kids, and love to do things with them, don't get me wrong...
i am so trying to enjoy all the ages. my mother would always say "i love that age." no matter what age they were! i find myself saying it!:goodvibes

my father in law said that their cruise to Alaska was the best trip they took. and they have traveled the world over.

morgansmom2000
09-13-2009, 07:43 AM
I have a feeling we won't be doing it in 2011, but someday, I really really want to go Alaska.

I'm taking PrincessM out of school to do the October/November 2010 cruise. She'll be in 5th grade. I have a feeling it will be the last school time vacation we take for a long long time. I do feel like I shouldn't, but at the same time, I can't afford the vacation time costs. And, she's a good student and very healthy. We need the family time. (Yeah, okay, I'm justifying...).

ddavis860
09-13-2009, 07:48 AM
We took the kids out alot for trips, either Oct for Disney, or Feb for Cruise. We did it 1x when DS21 was in Highschool, and he said it was too hard to catch up, so we stopped.

party of 3
09-13-2009, 07:54 AM
i'd love to take bubba out of school, but dh will not have it. i think it's his upbringing.:confused3