PDA

View Full Version : How likely am I to get lucky with a ressie?

sersee05
09-10-2009, 10:03 PM
We just booked our trip today for the beginning of November..so I am trying to get reservations now. I can get mama melrose's for the day we are at mgm. This is great because this is where my dh and I ate on our honeymoon..so we are happy to go there..

The only place that we really wanted to get was Cinderella's castle. My kids want that in the worst way. I cannot get dinner ressies for my entire week(party of 5). Is there still a chance? Should I call ? Is that more likely? Or just keep checking the reservation system on Disney's site? Also..if I put in one time..is that they only time they check? Do I need to keep going back and changing times?

We are also going to AK ..we do not have hopper passes...Is Tusker house ok? I kind of want to try to make everyone happy. So I am thinking of a character meal...Which is better food wise..Chef Mickey's or Crystal Palace(for dinner)?
We are going to Seaworld one day and the park is only open until 6pm ..so plan on making a res at T rex..I know it isn't on the DDP..but we are using two credits<hopefully> For C castle.

Thanks guys!

TDC Nala
09-10-2009, 10:07 PM
Does it have to be dinner? They serve breakfast and lunch in the castle too.

sersee05
09-10-2009, 10:26 PM
I am fine with lunch...just not breakfast since we are not big breakfast eaters..it would be a waste for us..no one would eat...I have tried noon and on...but I didn't try every 15 minutes..but thought the search would show me something if it was available..

I tried calling this morning..but the wait time was already 30 minutes... So I am going to keep trying for CRT .

Neko
09-11-2009, 12:10 PM
Keep trying. We walked into CRT twice. In June 2004 they were making announcement to the crowds walking past they had immediate openings (it was 5p). So, on our next trip, Dec 08, we thought we'd try to walk-up again. At 5p, I walked up to the podium. They said, if you wait 5 min, then there'll be an opening. They literally have a digital clock on their stand and they were counting the seconds to the reservation expiring. I think they hold them 10-15 past the resv. time, then they're available. They said, your whole party needs to be here, so I phoned my DH with DS in line for seeing Tigger, and they ran over. We walked in. Someone didn't show up for their table. We planned on CS in case they were full, though. It was mid-Dec and not free dining, so a slower time of year. You never know! Good luck!

MouseMomx2
09-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Also, in case it makes a difference, the characters are only at CRT for breakfast and lunch. At dinner you can meet Cinderella an/or the Fairy Godmother in the lobby but there are no characters in the restaurant.

AliceinHalloweentown
09-11-2009, 03:03 PM
Keep trying. We walked into CRT twice. In June 2004 they were making announcement to the crowds walking past they had immediate openings (it was 5p). So, on our next trip, Dec 08, we thought we'd try to walk-up again. At 5p, I walked up to the podium. They said, if you wait 5 min, then there'll be an opening. They literally have a digital clock on their stand and they were counting the seconds to the reservation expiring. I think they hold them 10-15 past the resv. time, then they're available. They said, your whole party needs to be here, so I phoned my DH with DS in line for seeing Tigger, and they ran over. We walked in. Someone didn't show up for their table. We planned on CS in case they were full, though. It was mid-Dec and not free dining, so a slower time of year. You never know! Good luck!

Back in 2003, that's exactly what happened with us (though I think at lunch). We walked up and the woman told us if we went upstairs like, that minute, we would have a table.

Best memory of my childhood!

sersee05
09-11-2009, 03:17 PM
That is how I got in back in 1996! My husband and I went on our honeymoon..we didn't know anything about making reservations ..we just said..hey let's eat here..and walked up and waited about 5 minutes..I loved it there.. I just think it is one of those places your kids should eat in at one time in their lives..I thought it was quite magical. I did get it btw..for dinner..It's ok that the characters aren't there..they are all about the castle!

tami82
09-11-2009, 03:39 PM
It is only November there is plenty of time to get what you want. I will say this as i have said it many times, you have to be persistent and check alot throughout the day. Especially around the 45 day mark and in the coming weeks before your arrival. I came across CRT a few days during my searching but i had no interest in it but just wanted to say that i did see it pop up quite a few times (twice early in the morning) i guess from cancellations. Also you never know when they will put blocks of times for certain places. A week before our arrival date they had actually put lots of blocks of times for dinner & breakfast for 3 or 4 different restaurants so they dont put them out all at once.

chuckd3
09-11-2009, 04:24 PM
We just booked our trip today for the beginning of November..so I am trying to get reservations now. I can get mama melrose's for the day we are at mgm. This is great because this is where my dh and I ate on our honeymoon..so we are happy to go there..

The only place that we really wanted to get was Cinderella's castle. My kids want that in the worst way. I cannot get dinner ressies for my entire week(party of 5). Is there still a chance? Should I call ? Is that more likely? Or just keep checking the reservation system on Disney's site? Also..if I put in one time..is that they only time they check? Do I need to keep going back and changing times?

We are also going to AK ..we do not have hopper passes...Is Tusker house ok? I kind of want to try to make everyone happy. So I am thinking of a character meal...Which is better food wise..Chef Mickey's or Crystal Palace(for dinner)?
We are going to Seaworld one day and the park is only open until 6pm ..so plan on making a res at T rex..I know it isn't on the DDP..but we are using two credits<hopefully> For C castle.

Thanks guys!

Last year we decided to book 12/23 thru 12/27 with dining plan on 12/1 at All Star Movies. All ADRs were filled. I kept calling several times a day and got every ADR we wanted. Even prime times for dinner and breakfast at Le Cellier, CRT, Yak and Yeti, Chef Mickey's and Tony's. There was not one ADR that we wanted that we did not get. It took some effort but I got them all. One interesting thing was the last ADR I need was Le Cellier at 6:30pm on 12/26. This was for our 40th wedding aanniversary. I called and was told no ADRs available at all for that day. I hung up and called right back and got the 6:30pm at 12/26, this was on 12/14. How was that possible?

KY Derby Girl
09-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Just wanted to endorse the keep trying idea! I don't try continuously, but I often try a couple of times a day and have had lots of luck during the 2 weeks we have been planning our October trip. You can always be flexible and book at a time/date that is not necessarily your first choice and then go back and cancel if you are fortunate enough to get the "perfect" time for your group! :cool1:

2girlsR2good
09-12-2009, 01:22 PM
If you call enough, it's been my experience that you'll finally land a spot at Cinderella's Castle. Last October, I had the number on my speed dial and whenever I thought about it (a couple of times a day) I called and checked. I finally got a reservation for 4 (we wanted six) about a month before our trip. Then, just a week before we left, I finally got a spot for 6 for breakfast so the grandparents got to come too! Now--getting that meant that I canceled a reservation for 4 just a week ahead--making someone else's day too. The customer service people were always pleasant and helpful. The breakfast was a highlight of our trip and the girls talk about it still.

That being said--how old are your kids? I've not been to the dinner in the castle, but I've talked with others who have who said it really wasn't a kid friendly event--some friends went on a date night and loved it though. There are no princesses except Cinderella in the lobby as you head in. The reviews at allears (http://land.allears.net/reviewpost/showproduct.php?product=57&cat=36) are full of people sharing their kids' disappointment. I think you should definitely consider lunch if you have young children.

lovesdumbo
09-12-2009, 09:25 PM
So I am thinking of a character meal...Which is better food wise..Chef Mickey's or Crystal Palace(for dinner)?I like CP MUCH better than Chef Mickey's for dinner!