PDA

View Full Version : New to DDP and a big question...

1outof5fans
09-10-2009, 09:09 PM
For our upcoming trip, we are going Saturday, Nov 7 - Saturday, Nov 14, staying at BLT. Tonight DM (Dear Mom) has informed me that she 'can't afford' to go the whole time with us :headache:- and is changing her flight to Mon - Thurs. even though this doesn't save her anything - she already has a 6 day park hopper ticket, and we're picking up the room and DDP. We are planning on doing the Disney Dining Plan - how is this going to mess us up?

I fear the worst here......:scared1:

So unless I get a more positive answer I think I'll just have to have my sisters stronghold her into the original flight..........:lmao:

I guess my question is, can a person only be added for a couple of days to the DDP, while the rest of the party is staying longer???:confused3

TDC Nala
09-10-2009, 09:17 PM
Everyone listed on the reservation has to buy the dining plan for the entire length of the reservation. But you could use the extra credits. It doesn't matter who uses the credits as long as it's someone on your reservation.

You can't purchase a partial dining plan for someone who is arriving later or leaving earlier than the rest of the party.

wolf2961
09-10-2009, 09:21 PM
If I understand correctly, she is there 4 days less, which would be $160 or so on the DDP. I'm pretty certain that everyone in the room must be on the plan. That leaves you paying the $$$ and having a bunch of extra credits. Probably no other option, but you can take the extra credits and do a couple of Signature Dining events and ease the sting. Hopefully someone else will have a better idea.

TDC Nala
09-10-2009, 09:27 PM
There are two other possibilities that I can think of.

1) Don't list her on the reservation. But if you do that, she cannot have the dining plan at all, and she can't use Magical Express transportation from the airport. She also wouldn't receive a room key, which would mean no access to Extra Magic Hours.

2) Book her into her own room, on her own reservation.