PDA

View Full Version : First time flying indirect - confirming flights?

simon50
09-10-2009, 01:53 AM
Flying indirect in October for the first time with Northwest Airlines. I have read something about confirming flights but have never had to do this with Virgin. Anybody had any experience and if so what does it involve and when do you do it as we have had a couple of minor schedule changes already?
Many thanks.

wayneg
09-10-2009, 03:05 AM
Done about 14 indirect flights to US, only once years ago confirmed our flight because our travel agent told us to, since doing DIY never have but we have laptops with us to check there are no changes, never had a return flight altered while out there.

kgarrigos
09-10-2009, 05:55 AM
I used northwest last month with two stopovers and didnt have to confirm anything , what was great with Northwest was you could bookin online 24 hours before your flight online and choose your seats , then just print off your boarding tickets for all stops going out , just take bags and drop off before flight then.You can also do this on way back i thought it was a gret idea.

simon50
09-10-2009, 09:06 AM
Thank you, useful to know.

disneyholic family
09-10-2009, 12:10 PM
I used northwest last month with two stopovers and didnt have to confirm anything , what was great with Northwest was you could bookin online 24 hours before your flight online and choose your seats , then just print off your boarding tickets for all stops going out , just take bags and drop off before flight then.You can also do this on way back i thought it was a gret idea.

I fly northwest all the time - i always am able to book my seats when i purchase the ticket..
then i can change the seats to better seats 24 hours before the flight..

but you can book the seats right away.

if you don't like the seats you've got, then at 24 hours before the flight, the premium seats that are still open are released by the system...