PDA

View Full Version : to DDP or not to DDP

LaurenT
09-09-2009, 10:38 AM
I was planning on doing DDP for my trip in February...but after reading a review of a whole bunch of great places by TDC Nala, I am having second thoughts.
In doing the math, I save a little money if I use my TS for dinner buffets and my CS for the more expensive meals available at CS..but it's not a kings ransom in savings when you consider that it will be $48 for adults and $13 or so for kids that time of year.
If I do my own thing, I can do breakfast for the character meals and then pick the places I really want and even have 2 appetizers instead of an entree if I want. I'll probably wind up spending less that way...except....
DH and I have expensive tastes..we'd probably wind up at Jiko, CG, Fulton's, and Flying Fish..ordering apps as well as entrees..so...I think that, while I will almost definitely enjoy my meals more, I will absolutely spend alot more money...DDP would sort of keep me on a budget...
OH my..what a decision!
Any advice out there?

MariDisney
09-09-2009, 10:41 AM
It sounds like you may do signature restaurants including appetizers and desserts. Have you priced out the deluxe dining plan?

LaurenT
09-09-2009, 10:47 AM
yes...my dh and I did the delux plan in May..it really was way too much food...and this time my 7 yr old will be with us....also, we'ds probably share an app and dessert....

TDC Nala
09-09-2009, 11:27 AM
You CAN do a lot of the great places I reviewed on the dining plan (although I was not using the dining plan). Many of them were 2 credit restaurants though. And La Cava del Tequila doesn't take the plan - I love that place...

What you may have noticed is that I ordered a lot of appetizers and made meals out of them - that is difficult to do on a dining plan.

LaurenT
09-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Yes...considering that the cost is not that far apart from DDP to OOP and less so if you don't max out the redstaurant selection, and then the freedom we'd have to order al la carte and eat in places not on the plan..I'm really leaning toward going oop for the trip....
LOVED your reviews BTW!

LaurenT
09-09-2009, 11:43 AM
Yes...considering that the cost is not that far apart from DDP to OOP and less so if you don't max out the redstaurant selection, and then the freedom we'd have to order al la carte and eat in places not on the plan..I'm really leaning toward going oop for the trip....
LOVED your reviews BTW!